• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, so i have tried what you said @Mandrac , but only for the weapon locators and it works! I'm gonna try trails now.
Im trying to get everything on 1 section right now and see if that works.

Also there was a post in a different thread with got me on the right path.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...pon-hardpoints-locators.933833/#post-21229834

Lucky for you @Jovzin you posted at the right time :D

mzsFEmq.jpg

And ingame

nUqEEtO.jpg

EDIT: Also here is my mod file. Should have included that earlier.
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/JY7YyQX1/file.html

EDIT2: @Mandrac I didnt use any bones because im not familiar with rigging and animation and i usually dont know what im doing when it comes to that area. Also im a blender and partially a max user, so im encountering the same problems :D

I can't answer that question yet as i haven't tried multiple sections that are interchangeable yet.
So i dont know how to make them snap to each other correctly.

My frame was the front and end of my ship, and the section was just the middle. Because all the middle sections i used
have the same dimensions (and because it was just a corvette) i didnt run into any problems.
Im currently modeling a ship, so im gonna try it on that very soon.

But i have tried making the frame a tiny cube and having a section being the ship and that worked just fine.
So yes, that is absolutely a way to do it. Only thing is, that when you create your ship in the ship designer you will
see a tiny cube there if you start with a blank template.
Thats easily solved though i guess, just invert the normals.

The frame can be either a Maya mesh with polygon meshes and locators or joints or it can be just an entity with scripted locators without a "pdxmesh" string. The joints/locators should be named "part1", "part2" and "part3" for where you want to spawn the sections, whereas part1 is the bow, part2 the mid and part3 the stern. Destroyers are different in the way that they currently attach both sections to "part1", but this can be modded too. Corvettes and civilian ships attach to "part1" as do stations iirc.

Reactions:
The frame can be either a Maya mesh with polygon meshes and locators or joints or it can be just an entity with scripted locators without a "pdxmesh" string. The joints/locators should be named "part1", "part2" and "part3" for where you want to spawn the sections, whereas part1 is the bow, part2 the mid and part3 the stern. Destroyers are different in the way that they currently attach both sections to "part1", but this can be modded too. Corvettes and civilian ships attach to "part1" as do stations iirc.
Is there a certain way I should export the frame mesh?
I exported my model as well as the frame mesh with its respective locator points. The ship parts will show up after building. The game doesn't seem to recognize the frame mesh is actually a frame causing a "no entity found box" in the middle of my ship. I can spawn the frame mesh with the command so I know it exists somewhere in game. How, do you make sure the game recognizes that this frame goes together with a specific ship?

Is there a certain way I should export the frame mesh?
I exported my model as well as the frame mesh with its respective locator points. The ship parts will show up after building. The game doesn't seem to recognize the frame mesh is actually a frame causing a "no entity found box" in the middle of my ship. I can spawn the frame mesh with the command so I know it exists somewhere in game. How, do you make sure the game recognizes that this frame goes together with a specific ship?

Wondering that my self as well i am in no way experienced in modeling/graphics but tried to add some kind of Bigger Battleship with 1 more section result:

feBsZSk.jpg

I only have one unwanted feature my ships stealth all the time (Dissapearing/losing textures? under certain angles). Could some one explain how to create a frame :)

Thx in advance!

Hi,
I tried using the exporter, but I still get the "no material" error. I modified the .txt and all that. Someone has any idea what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance '^_^

You're having the exact same problem i had when i first tried to instal the damn thing. Basically the installer doesn't just put a mel in your maya/scrips folder it also create a paradox interactive folder. By default it's created on c:/windows/users/whatever/documents/ so if as i suppose your documents are not on C you also have to move that paradox interactive folder inside your real documents.

You're having the exact same problem i had when i first tried to instal the damn thing. Basically the installer doesn't just put a mel in your maya/scrips folder it also create a paradox interactive folder. By default it's created on c:/windows/users/whatever/documents/ so if as i suppose your documents are not on C you also have to move that paradox interactive folder inside your real documents.

Okay, that seemed to partially work; now the error does not appear (yay!). But when I click export, apparently, nothing happens, and the output folder is just empty... :eek:

Okay, that seemed to partially work; now the error does not appear (yay!). But when I click export, apparently, nothing happens, and the output folder is just empty... :eek:
you have to select terra. I know it's a bit weird i'm not even sure of what i did that worked out at this point.
ps: oh yeah i think you have to go to that paradox folder and look for the seting files of the exporter. There should be links to the game files which may be incorect and that you have to set manualy.

Crap , why getting the ship working in game is such a burden. It is same with that stupid Unity and now again have to do so much other things to have the ship at least showing in game.
The modelling is the easiest part as I see it from my experience with ( KSP and unity ) and now here with Stellaris.

So some video tutorial for exporting ship to Stellaris anyone ? Thanks in advance

you have to select terra. I know it's a bit weird i'm not even sure of what i did that worked out at this point.
ps: oh yeah i think you have to go to that paradox folder and look for the seting files of the exporter. There should be links to the game files which may be incorect and that you have to set manualy.
Still nothing... It just gives me a command in the "output" part of the exporter window.

Code:
pdx_exporter -s 1 -fz 1 -sm 0 -svm 0 -es 0 -cga 1 -v 0 -m 1 -a 1 -b 1 -ct 0 -lp 1 -sps 15 -f crucible -bd "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/" -ep "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/stellaris.exe" -d "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/terra"

AorOkBR.png

Crap , why getting the ship working in game is such a burden. It is same with that stupid Unity and now again have to do so much other things to have the ship at least showing in game.
The modelling is the easiest part as I see it from my experience with ( KSP and unity ) and now here with Stellaris.

So some video tutorial for exporting ship to Stellaris anyone ? Thanks in advance
If only it could be as easy as source or skyrim.....
Edit: In fact what make things easy in those game is the fact that you can unpack models to see how they are structured...

Still nothing... It just gives me a command in the "output" part of the exporter window.

Code:
pdx_exporter -s 1 -fz 1 -sm 0 -svm 0 -es 0 -cga 1 -v 0 -m 1 -a 1 -b 1 -ct 0 -lp 1 -sps 15 -f crucible -bd "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/" -ep "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/stellaris.exe" -d "C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stellaris/terra"

here's my cfg file:
Code:
[terra]
    animation s 1 "planet_rotation"
    material s 10 "PdxMeshShip" "PdxMeshTerra" "PdxMeshPlanet" "PdxMeshStar" "PdxMeshAtmosphere" "PdxMeshClouds" "PdxMeshFleetTypeIndicator" "PdxMeshAlphaAdditive" "PdxMeshTextureAtlas" "PdxMeshAlphaBlend"
    path s 1 "X:/project/project_terra/game"
    target_exe s 1 "X:/project/project_terra/game/stellaris_RD.exe"
hope this help.
edit: i think it's the default config tho...

here's my cfg file:
Code:
[terra]
    animation s 1 "planet_rotation"
    material s 10 "PdxMeshShip" "PdxMeshTerra" "PdxMeshPlanet" "PdxMeshStar" "PdxMeshAtmosphere" "PdxMeshClouds" "PdxMeshFleetTypeIndicator" "PdxMeshAlphaAdditive" "PdxMeshTextureAtlas" "PdxMeshAlphaBlend"
    path s 1 "X:/project/project_terra/game"
    target_exe s 1 "X:/project/project_terra/game/stellaris_RD.exe"
hope this help.
edit: i think it's the default config tho...

Hmm, in "path s1" and "target_exe s1" the following should be the directory of the game, right? So C:/whatever/steamapps/common/Stellaris ?

Thanks anyway for the help! '^_^

Edit: Now at least something happens...

I get this error when clicking "export", and after I click "OK", Maya crashes. I tried running Maya as admin but that didn't work.

u49jeN6.png

Last edited: