• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
div[data-widget-definition="xfes_similar_threads"]
Thank you, I had missed out on the "div" part.

For anyone else that would have been confused, this means you can write this:
CSS:
div[data-widget-definition="xfes_similar_threads"] {
    display: none !important;
}

Reactions:
Performance is really a lot better now. Me gusta.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So a while back, I reported the following issue with collapsible signatures:

While we're at it: The link highlighted in the screenshot below is impossible to click, because whenever you try to click it, it instead collapses the signature because the "hitbox" to do that overlaps the link:

jeTHAtU.png

I've included a link to the post in question, for anyone else who wants to verify this. This isn't the first one, either -- it seems that it affects any link that's on the bottom line of a signature whenever it's long enough that the forum has to truncate it.

I can confirm that this issue has not been fixed with the new update. That particular user's signature is now fine (since they manually "fixed" it themselves), but the overarching issue -- that the "hitbox" to collapse a signature overlaps the last one or two lines of text in said signature, making it impossible to click on any links in those lines -- still remains.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Regarding similar threads, by all means you're welcome to hide it via a browser extension. Or, we can wait for the search index to be rebuilt, see if it offers relevant results at least some of the time, or we can make a user setting to hide it. Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

So a while back, I reported the following issue with collapsible signatures:

I can confirm that this issue has not been fixed with the new update. That particular user's signature is now fine (since they manually "fixed" it themselves), but the overarching issue -- that the "hitbox" to collapse a signature overlaps the last one or two lines of text in said signature, making it impossible to click on any links in those lines -- still remains.
I reported the issue, it might not have been seen (apologies). Will see if we can hot patch it soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yo, the voting is awesome.
Is it intentional that we can only vote by opening the thread? it would be much more convenient to do from the list.

You know, it might be a good idea to add subcategories to Popular: most popular this week, this month, this year. Like Reddit does. Otherwise, the top list will mostly stay the same.

Last edited:
Three separate dropdown menus for 'more options'? Seriously?

I'd definitely keep the smilies button on top, and personally, I use the 'remove formatting' button quite a lot.

Reactions:
see if it offers relevant results at least some of the time
the similarly named threads feature when starting a new thread almost never was useful in my experience, so I doubt this will be either. Though perhaps I'm just weird.
But personally I much rather prefer searching when needing stuff. And I've never really used those other people also.like features on other sites and this feel similar.

we can make a user setting to hide it.
Thats what ud prefer.

Seems like it's gone now, though. I can't see it atm at least, though might alsonjust be that it doesn't show on mobile.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bloody soambots.
I don't have time to look as I'm on my way to bed, but somebody, e.g. a mod seeing my reporting of the above spambot, should look through general forum and forum help to see if there's more. They usually come in droves. Whenever I report them I often often up reporting a lot.

Three separate dropdown menus for 'more options'? Seriously?

I'd definitely keep the smilies button on top, and personally, I use the 'remove formatting' button quite a lot.
I agree, this level of button hiding is excessive. The smilies being relegated to a dropdown is also puzzling to me. At least the other hidden buttons are for formatting stuff, bullet lists and code blocks and whatnot, that are a feature of more lengthy, well-considered posts. But smilies are used all the time, arguably even more so in casual posts, so hiding that button in an "advanced" menu doesn't seem logical to me.

What's the upvoting and downvoting feature all about? What difference does it make? If I "like" a suggestion is that in any way different thsn upvoting? (same for disagreeing etc.)

Reactions:
I don't like the change of design of the reaction icons.
1611732976046.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Search and "Similar threads" are not returning newer content. This will resolve itself over the next few hours and is just due to changes in the new update that requires the search index to be rebuilt
Will this also fix the longstanding issue of missing reactions for some periods? I'm still missing reactions between roughly February 2017 and April 2020. Only posts between 2015, when the reactions were introduced in the first place and February 2017, and then between April 2020 and today, have the reactions they should have.

Reactions:
I haven't tried out actually using the forum yet but, despite preferring larger text due to poor eyesight, your new sizing has gone totally over the top . . quite how users that access via smart-phones even see anything . . well, my monitor is a 32" and I wish I could reduce the size of your display yet, even if I use the browser controls to try to do so, it doesn't effect how you are "broadcasting" the page. So the "fault" is at your end alone.

. . . and as for how this increased sizing makes the pages so long . . . you risk users giving up due to RSI injury caused by permanent use of the scroll wheel!
Screenshot_2021-01-27 Featured content.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: