• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(105596)

Uncivil Servant
19 Badges
Jun 26, 2008
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
This morning, I logged in as usual. Apparently I made a spelling mistake, and didn't get in. However, now I got this message:

vBulletin Message
Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Last time I logged in was last night, and that was certainly not a failed login.

Has someone been trying to log in as me?

Note: I was able to log in succesfully only 5 minutes later. Also, I have been suffering from the same problem that is mentioned in the other thread, namely the forum has been logging me out randomly.

If you read the other thread, you can see that you are not the only one receiving this message.
I apologize for the difficulty.
We are working on the situation it will most likely still be a day or so, I ask for your Patience on the matter.

Hopefully you sort this out soon. I have already received e-mail twice which tells me that someone has been trying to hack into my account, when I have just tried to log into forums myself with correct password and user name.

I've had this exact same problem on my own vBulletin forum before, so I believe I have a solution for you Castellon.

What will be happening is that the forum is seeing people coming from different computers as using the same IP, due to whatever proxy setup I'm sure you've recently introduced to cope with load (in our case, we introduced it when we went beyond a single server setup, so if you've done the same in your upgrade then that's probably it). What you need is a vBulletin modification by Paul M (an admin on the official vBulletin mod community who has now been hired by the owners of vBulletin themselves to work on bug fixes) called "Proxy to Real IP Conversion". It requires a file edit to class_core.php, but you should be able to install it in under 10 minutes (including time taken to Google it).