• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
I tagged all the stickies with "agceep" (no capital letters available).

I suggest to just edit tags and replace agceep with agceep + version number for the threads that will be unstickied when next AGCEEP version will be released.

Now, what to do with other threads?

Should we tag all threads (and more if needed) referenced in post #6 of the "SubForum Rules & links to threads" thread, and how?
Maybe "agceep thread" for all of them. Any thought?

Last edited:
Yes but not necessarily a different tag for each of the threads. This is why I suggested a generic "agceep thread" in order to be able to have them on the same page and thus get rid of post #6. Tag new feature will then bring all of them as a summary.

Important thing is having agceep in the name of the tag in order to not interfere with other parts of the forum that could use same keywords.

I went through the first 12 pages of the subforum and created:
agceep: current sticky + HC related and general threads
agceep thread: all regional or big sequences threads
agceep conventions: all our conventions for names, etc...
agceep compiling: future version under compilation
agceep + version number: older sticky and compilation threads

Guess which tag is the most used in the list of all tags now? :D

Why do you need to tag every thread with 'agceep thread' you have your own subforum ffs and a perfectly good index? It doesn't make searching for any particular thread easier when there's still 3 pages to sift through. I find it a highly inefficient use of tags. And having some tagged with 'agceep' and others with 'agceep thread' mutually exclusively means that your search won't even show all the agceep threads anyway. People can only search if you know the rules as in the OP which makes it highly exclusive, but then again I've found AGCEEP a highly exclusive group of modders anyway. Cheerio!

Well I figured I was a bit harsh with that last post and decided to come back to be more constructive. How about using 'agceep region' for all regional threads and maybe 'agceep scenario' for all scenarios related threads or something. Something descriptive to break it down a little more and avoid the use of the generic 'agceep' and 'agceep thread' tags for the same reason we've decided not to use 'aar' as a tag. Maybe 'agceep' could be kept only for the stickied threads.

"agceep thread" was in order to find almost all threads indexed in post #6 of "SubForum Rules & links to threads" sticky with a single click (and sorting order is then according to the date of the last post in the threads) and make the difference between these threads and threads started by forumers for any reason inside the subforum.

I already used it in order to find where we discussed about a port for Kastamonu and it was very convenient.

We could add another tag ("agceep regional" or subject of the thread for big sequences or scenarios) for more refined search but we can only use one tag for a search.
I will certainly report content of post #8 here in "SubForum Rules & links to threads" sticky.

People can only search if you know the rules as in the OP which makes it highly exclusive, but then again I've found AGCEEP a highly exclusive group of modders anyway. Cheerio!

While commendable that you managed to wrap what you really wanted to talk about in the guise of something entirely different, seriously?

While commendable that you managed to wrap what you really wanted to talk about in the guise of something entirely different, seriously?

Well I occasionally get that sentiment. I actually find the sub forum rather un-user-friendly to those who aren't used to it. And terms like 'High Council' and discussions of an AGCEEP modders only group act to separate the modders from the plebs. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with being exclusive, perhaps it forms better relationships within. In any case it always seems to get the job as AGCEEP has a commendable history and regularity of progress (accept for the map).

But that's not what I came here to talk about, I just clicked on tags and saw the cloud dominated by the words 'AGCEEP Thread' and thought that's not going to be restrictive enough for a keyword.

Well I occasionally get that sentiment. I actually find the sub forum rather un-user-friendly to those who aren't used to it. And terms like 'High Council' and discussions of an AGCEEP modders only group act to separate the modders from the plebs. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with being exclusive, perhaps it forms better relationships within. In any case it always seems to get the job as AGCEEP has a commendable history and regularity of progress (accept for the map).

Prior to the High Council, the mod was run by one person and one person alone. That was...quite problematic.

Looks like we brought Johan's wrath upon us. We could have guessed that we were not relegated to the "older titles" subforum only to have a huge agceep thread appear into the new "search function". ;)

I suggest to use different tags so that we remain less visible:

_ agceep regional, for threads devoted to a specific region, maybe even different ones for different continents (like in Fodoron's list)

_ agceep conventions, but that has already been done

_ agceep sequence, for threads devoted to a special sequence like these: 1 2 3

_ agceep special, some English native speaker should find a decent name for threads that don't fall under the above categories like 1 or 2, or even 3 or 4.

The Swert, I have always found this subforum to be a nice and friendly place even though I came here quite late and am no part of the HC. Sure there is a mission statement, and a High Council to enforce it, but without these it would have been impossible to maintain some kind of coherency for the mod over the course of years with so many contributors coming and going.

Last edited:
The Swert, I have always found this subforum to be a nice and friendly place even though I came here quite late and am no part of the HC. Sure there is a mission statement, and a High Council to enforce it, but without these it would have been impossible to maintain some kind of coherency for the mod over the course of years with so many contributors coming and going.

yes true, the stability of the AGCEEP is that we remain true ( or as much as we can ) to the mission statement.

tags have been disabled for 2 reasons.

1) too much harassment.
2) spam abuse from this group to tag all their threads, already in one forum, with the same keyword, drowning all other information.