• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frymonmon

President of California
29 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
title1g.png

Hello! Welcome to World in Revolution: 2020! This game is the brainchild of both myself, Frymonmon and my friend, Red Cesar. I present this forum game for your enjoyment. After seeing the success of World in Revolution: 1861, World in Revolution 1900, World in Revolution: 1836, I have decided to branch out into the modern era. Due to the fact that only I shall be moderating this game, there shall be a small amount of players.

Nation Registration: OPEN/Closed
Nations Taken: 15/50

The basic idea of this game is that it is that after another Financial Collapse in 2016, the World as we know it is currently devolving into revolts and riots. Greece, long standing as the country with riots and other problems, has finally broken out into full Revolution. After the collapse of several unity Governments, The People's Association – Golden Dawn, a Fascist Party, gained political control in Greece. One of their first acts was to spurn the European Union, and Germany, which had been calling for Austerity. In the European Union, only Germany stands as the dominant power, as the French Republic under François Hollande saw the economy shrink, and falter. While not collapsed, the French Republic ambles along, selling bonds at sky-high interest rates, most of which Germany buys. The United Kingdom, under Prime Minister Nigel Farage, has withdrawn from the European Union and is experiencing its own Recession. China, India, and Brazil are all rising powers, while the world's lone Superpower, the United States of America, remains on the decline under President Hillary Clinton.

Rules & Procedures

The rules are fairly simple. As the leader of your nation, you send the orders you wish to do to me, Frymonmon. The orders you choose are basically unlimited, your only restraints are the time period and your imagination. This means, if you want to hatch a crazy plan of trapping African Gorillas and letting them loose in Washington, D.C. well. Go ahead. If you want to build a Faster-Than-Light Spaceship in 2030, it's not going to happen. Keep in mind, you can trade with other nations, create secret treaties, wage war and all of that fun stuff. Also, Nuclear Weapons. But don't use them.

Ever.

Each turn will constitute a single year. We start off on January 1st, 2020. I do not forsee any reason to speed up or slow down the game. It's been in the rules since WiR 1861, but it's never been done so this is just filler space to make the original post look longer than it really is.

Now, what is your main goal in this entire game? Guide your nation through this turbulent era. This basically means you will need to try and survive this huge uprising and economic crisis facing the world today. World in Revolution takes into account for your population. Although you can ignore these movements and even suppress them, you should keep them in mind. This is to make sure the game is kept to a degree of realism. This will not be an absolute strict restraint on your nation, but it will be an underlying factor. World in Revolution is built on the underlying factors, which the GMs take care of, don't worry. At any time you can ask the GM the "Mood of your nation", and you can request a run down from me.

In this game, if you Leader gets voted out, and is not replaced by someone of the same party or your chosen successor, you will be removed from the game. You may not re-join once this has been done unless I approve it.

If you are going to post something In Character (IC) then you simply post in the thread, using a flag if you wish to help others know what nation is speaking. If you are saying something Out Of Character (OOC) then you must add the tag "OOC:" before your post. If you do not do so, your post WILL be taken as IC, and can be used against you by other players in IC.

Orders

A Nation shall submit their orders to me via Private Message. In the title of this message it MUST have your countries name and the date, as well as the months this order is for. For example, for the United Kingdom at the game's start, it would read "WiR - United Kingdom 2020"

The orders are fairly simple. Every nation is allowed to send me 4 orders of any kind encompassing anything. However, there is a twist. If your nation is at war, you get a supplemental "War Plan". You must clarify what is your War Plan, and you are entitled to using 4 lines or sentences to describe what you want done. In order to try and make sure I remain sane (That's a funny one.), and can produce updates, each nation is limited to using only two sentences for their orders. The 4 normal orders can only be two lines long.

Updates

There are two types of updates. A Normal Update encompasses on entire year. This is the largest update and most of the action takes place here. Wars, Diplomacy, Nation Building ect. The next type of update is a War Update. A Mini-Update is similar to the Normal Update, but it takes place alongside of the Normal Update, and it uses up normal orders. This can encompass anything a Normal Update normally would, but is generally more specific, such as details of a specific battle in a war, or turmoil in a country that would normally get two lines in the Normal Update.

Specific Rules

* All Mobilization by countries must be announced 24 Hours before the official order deadlines.
* Declarations of War are final, and cannot be taken back. Only a Peace Treaty may resolve the conflict

IRC Channel:
Link: Coldfront
IRC: #WiR_Main
Instructions: Here

Rule Changes
16/11/2012
23/11/2012

---

Table of Contents

Last edited:

United States of America
Gross Domestic Product: 21,000,000,000,000
Debt: 28,000,000,000,000
Budget: -2,500,000,000,000 Deficit
Stability: 8
Industrial Growth: -0.3%
Commercial Growth: -0.1%
GDP Growth: 1.5%
Unemployment: 9.8%
Army
Active Military: 1,500,000
Reserve Military: 1,500,000
Army Level: 150
Navy
Capital Ships: 15
Large Ships: 100
Small Ships: 350
Navy Level: 150
Air Force
Bombers: 500
Fighters: 1,500
Air Level: 150
Nuclear Weapons: 8,000
At War With: NONE
Played by: President Hillary Clinton (Frymonmon)

People's Republic of China
Gross Domestic Product: 17,500,000,000,000
Debt: 3,325,000,000,000
Budget: +500,000,000,000 Surplus
Stability: 10
Industrial Growth: 3.2%
Commercial Growth: 2.6%
GDP Growth: 2.7%
Unemployment: 4.3%
Army
Active Military: 2,200,000
Reserve Military: 800,000
Army Level: 130
Navy
Capital Ships: 2
Large Ships: 50
Small Ships: 200
Navy Level: 130
Air Force
Bombers: 200
Fighters: 750
Air Level: 130
Nuclear Weapons: 250
Played by: President Xi Jinping (Spectre17)

State of Japan
Gross Domestic Product: 7,300,000,000,000
Debt: 3,500,000,000,000
Budget: -50,000,000,000 Deficit
Stability: 9
Industrial Growth: 2.1%
Commercial Growth: 1.9%
GDP Growth: 3.4%
Unemployment: 7.8%
Army
Active Military: 230,000
Reserve Military: 41,000
Army Level: 140
Navy
Capital Ships: 0
Large Ships: 5
Small Ships: 50
Air Force
Bombers: 20
Fighters: 100
Nuclear Weapons: 0
Played by: Prime Minister Katsuya Okada (bakerydog)

Federal Republic of Germany
Gross Domestic Product: 4,100,000,000,000
Debt: 7,800,000,000,000
Budget: -100,000,000,000 Deficit
Stability: 8
Industrial Growth: -0.1%
Commercial Growth: 0.8%
GDP Growth: 1.8%
Unemployment: 13.9%
Army
Active Military: 1,500,000
Reserve Military: 1,000,000
Army Level: 120
Navy
Capital Ships: 3
Small Ships: 100
Navy Level: 120
Air Force
Bombers: 100
Fighters: 700
Air Level: 120
At War With: State of Greece
Played by: Chancellor Guido Westerwelle (etranger01)

Republic of India
Gross Domestic Product: 3,600,000,000,000
Debt: 2,000,000,000,000
Budget: -500,000,000,000 Deficit
Stability: 6
Industrial Growth: 2.4%
Commercial Growth: 2.7%
GDP Growth: 4.8%
Unemployment: 3.4%
Army
Active Military: 1,300,000
Reserve Military: 2,100,000
Army Level: 90
Navy
Large Ships: 80
Navy Level: 90
Air Force
Bombers: 50
Fighters: 400
Air Level: 80
Nuclear Weapons: 100
Played by: President Mohammad Hamid Ansari (Boris ze Spider)

Republic of Brazil
Gross Domestic Product: 3,400,000,000,000
Debt: 700,000,000,000
Budget: +1,000,000,000 Surplus
Stability: 7
Industrial Growth: 3.1%
Commercial Growth: 2.7%
GDP Growth: 5.3%
Unemployment: 3.8%
Army
Active Military: 600,000
Reserve Military: 500,000
Army Level: 95
Navy
Capital Ships: 1
Large Ships: 10
Small Ships: 50
Navy Level: 90
Air Force
Bombers: 20
Fighters: 200
Air Level: 90
Played by: President Michel Temer (MastahCheef117)

Russian Federation
Gross Domestic Product: 3,300,000,000,000
Debt: 2,100,000,000,000
Budget: +10,000,000,000 Surplus
Stability: 10
Industrial Growth: 3.8%
Commercial Growth: 4.9%
GDP Growth: 8.9%
Unemployment: 2.8%
Army
Active Military: 500,000
Reserve Military: 3,000,000
Army Level: 140
Navy
Capital Ships: 10
Large Ships: 100
Small Ships: 300
Navy Level: 145
Air Force
Bombers: 400
Fighters: 1,200
Air Level: 140
Nuclear Weapons: 10,000
Played by: President Vladimir Putin (Duke of Britain)

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Gross Domestic Product: 2,800,000,000,000
Debt: 11,580,000,000,000
Budget: -500,000,000,000 Deficit
Industrial Growth: -1.1%
Commercial Growth: -0.9%
GDP Growth: 0.8%
Unemployment: 17.2%
Army
Active Military: 700,000
Reserve Military: 300,000
Army Level: 125
Navy
Capital Ships: 5
Large Ships: 150
Air Force
Fighters: 500
Air Level: 125
Nuclear Weapons: 230
Played by: Prime Minister Nigel Farage (Spitfire5793)

Republic of France
Gross Domestic Product: 2,600,000,000,000
Debt: 7,800,000,000,000
Budget: -1,000,000,000,000 Deficit
Stability: 6
Industrial Growth: -1.9%
Commercial Growth: -1.2%
GDP Growth: -0.2%
Unemployment: 23.9%
Army
Active Military: 600,000
Reserve Military: 500,000
Army Level: 135
Navy
Small Ships: 150
Air Force
Bombers: 200
Fighters: 700
Air Level: 140
Nuclear Weapons: 300
Played by: President François Hollande (EmperorGrimm)

Canada
Gross Domestic Product: 2,200,000,000,000
Debt: 1,000,000,000,000
Budget: -50,000,000,000 Deficit
Industrial Growth: 1.8%
Commercial Growth: 1.1%
GDP Growth: 1.9%
Unemployment: 3.4%
Army
Active Military: 200,000
Reserve Military: 50,000
Army Level: 130
Navy
Capital Ships: 2
Large Ships: 25
Small Ships: 250
Air Force
Fighters: 200
Played by: Prime Minister Jim Flaherty (Hashoosh)

Last edited:
The Federal Republic of Germany.

Brazil for me.

Last edited:
Apparently I got third choice so I'll take China.

Last edited:
Japan please.

uk

Everyone has been added.

January - December 2019

Europe

After the Financial Collapse of 2017, Europe has been fragile, at best. In the United Kingdom, constant calls by Prime Minister Nigel Farage to withdraw from the European Union is finally granted after he is able to send it to the British People in a referendum. Nation-wide, the European Union is rejected, it performed the best in Wales, where 40% of the people agreed to keep it around. Once the United Kingdom left, Greece experienced a systematic collapse, with the Government failing and falling into Fascist control.

th

Riots in Greece before the Government Collapse

The Greeks quickly spurned German requests for more austerity and tax hikes, and refused to cooperate with Germany, which had been supplying Greece with large loans since 2014, in an attempt to keep it afloat. Germany declared War upon Fascist Greece in early 2019 to regain its assets, and to protect its people, who were getting killed by Greek officials. Many in the Bundestag saw this as a Declaration of War upon Germany, and used it to justify a defensive war, helping their nationals, and their economic interests. While this move was seen around the world as something that had to be stopped, only Russia responded by putting their nuclear weapons on high alert and mobilizing their armed forces.

North America

The United States, long the world's Superpower, has experienced a decline as the Presidency of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton resulted in China overcoming the United States in terms of GDP. The Budget is out of control, and the National Debt is skyrocketing each and every year. The popular "Tea Party" movement has recently combined with the "Secessionist" movement, and is lead by Senate Majority Leader Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. Senator Ryan, unwilling to work with President Clinton, has repetitively blocked any efforts to help close the budget deceit with tax increases, and has championed his budget proposals, and is believed to have a huge influence on House Speaker Allen West's Budgets passed in the House of Representatives.

480px-Paul_Ryan_official_portrait.jpg

Senate Majority Leader Paul Ryan (R-WI)

The Republican Primary of 2019 has just about wrapped up as well, yielding Wisconsin Senator Scott Walker as the Republican Nominee against President Hillary Clinton. He was able to beat 2016 Vice-Presidential Nominee Chris Christe, Mike Pence, Marco Rubio, Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal and Kelly Ayotte for the nomination, and has already begun to campaign as a reform candidate against the failed Obama/Clinton Policies.

South America

The Republic of Brazil, after many years of slow growth, has suddenly burst on to the world stage, being notably different than most of the other economic powers, as it was able to more or less escape the Financial Crisis unscathed and still maintain a good period of growth.

Africa

News from South Africa has been promising in recent years. Incomes have gone up, and AIDS rates have come down, producing a stable and growing population, that is living longer and is more productive.

Asia

For the past few years, the People's Republic of China has some problems with the growth of their economy and has slowed down significantly, but it has outpaced the United States of America, and is currently the world's Economic Superpower, and is finally starting to start to throw its weight around the world, by signing trade deals with African Nations, Oceanic Nations, and other Asiatic Nations.

India, A country that has seldom had political unity, chugs along, deeply divided, but still slowly but surely modernizing and moving towards the future.

Last edited:
500px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

The Federal Republic of Germany

The Federal Republic of Germany has determined that the fascist party ruling Greece is not in compliance with the terms of its loan agreements nor those of its European Union membership. Furthermore, it is the considered belief of the German government that the Golden Dawn party is an active force for the ongoing strife and is contributing to the violence directed against German citizens and diplomats in Greece. Therefore, Germany hereby issues this ultimatum to the leaders of the Golden Dawn: You have 48 hours from the transmission of this message to stand down the Hellenic Armed Forces, disband your organization, and submit to German authority until a provisional government for the restored Hellenic Republic can be established.

Should you fail to comply with these requirements, the Federal Republic will deploy the Bundeswehr to restore order and democracy to Greece by any means necessary. A blockade and no-fly zone have been imposed over the State of Greece and will remain in effect until such time as the Golden Dawn have surrendered or have been removed from power.

Germany was responsible for the first fascist movement and bore witness to the horrors that resulted from its rise. We shall not stand idly by and allow the establishment of a neo-fascist regime in Europe, even if it means temporarily upsetting the Continent's peace and tranquility. We call upon our allies in the European Union and in the North Atlantic Council to stand with us in our effort to restore democracy to this region.

~ Guido Westerwalle, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany

Last edited:
7J3rX.jpg

Republic of Brazil

Citizens of Brazil;

Though the world around us is in tatters; though the people of this Earth are divided among political, social, economic, and religious boundaries; and though the economies of what have been the strongest nations of this Earth are now on the brink of complete collapse, it is the nation, the people, the idea of Brazil that shall survive. We, as a nation, as a people, shall endure have we have endured; and we shall prosper with our new-found economic growth. We shall become an economic and political leader of the world, in concert with the other major nations of the world, and we shall look to establish a new-found peace and economic stability. The Greco-German conflict is disturbing, fought over loans from one failing economy to another, and the fall of the United States from the standing of the nation's highest GDP as a single nation, being replaced by the Republic of China, is a telltale sign of grand political and economic change to come in the near years.

It is for these many reasons that Brazil shall become a new beacon of light among the nations of the world; it is for these many reasons that Brazil shall reach a greatness we have never before seen.

~ Michel Temer, President of the Brazilian Republic

edit_preview.php
I applaud my Asian neighbors for their success in recent times. As we are not affected by Europe's problems that have plagued them so much in recent years. I hope that we can all continue to having great success for our nations and I wish my neighbors good luck in the endeavors.

On the internal front I hope that we can solve our debt issues and move forward advancing our economy and solving any issues we may have. I wish for us to prosper in our endeavors and grow our internal industries and solving our issues of importing too much goods that we can't just manufacture ourselves. I will seek to grow our car manufacturing industries and food producing capabilities in my term as prime minister.

On a final note I would like to wish the United States of America good luck in solving their massive debt.

~Prime Minister Katsuya Okada

Last edited:
640px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

The United States of America

The United States of America, is shocked and appalled by the Actions of both the Greek Government and the Federal Republic of Germany. I will request, seek, and ask that these nations will agree to a ceasefire. It is in the best interest for both the United States of America, and Europe, that this war is stopped, and a more civil negotiation can take place. The United States will take this time to affirm their recognition of the legally-elected Greek Government, and ask the German Government to attend a Conference in the United Nations to discuses an end to this war.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry, for President Hillary Clinton

500px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

The Russian Federation is alarmed by the actions of the German government, our forces have already been put on high alert and we shall not stand idly while the Germans assert their supremacy over the Greek nation, we hope that the Federal Republic of Germany will back down and seek to negotiate, lest Europe fall into a new and destructive war caused by the greed and incompetence of the European Union's administration.

Futhermore, i hope for increased cooperation with fellow BRICS countries Brazil, South Africa and India, it is clear that these are the times of changes we have been waiting for, it is the time for the rest of us to rise as economic powers like China has done.

Last edited:
800px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

The French Republic

The French Republic is deeply concerned with Germany's increasingly aggressive policies and language toward Greece. France calls on the German chancellor to refrain from violent and hasty decisions before diplomatic avenues for resolution are exhausted.

President Francois Hollande of the French Republic

Last edited: