• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would be willing to take the Ferdiandist faction in Spain.

Excellent. I'll add the Fernandists to the stats. If you want help with anything, then just ask me or one of the co-GMs.

I'd like to join this, but I have no idea how to do any of this stuff, or what country to pick; maybe the pro-French Kingdom of Italy, Saxony, or maybe one of the rebels in Latin America (or any nation that won't just die in a year...)

Italy is ruled by Napoleon at the moment, so that might cause some issues, but they're probably the better choice than Saxony. As you're just starting out though, I'd say it's probably best to take a South American nation. That way, you aren't starting off against half of Europe, and can go at your own pace.

As before, if you need help, read the OP and talk to other players or the GMs.

OOC: They're both excellent. 1804 explores a key point in European history, where the victory of one side will lead to a historically accurate (or mostly accurate, anyway) Europe, while the victory of the other side will lead to something completely alternate to actual history, involving (up to this time) the largest armies ever assembled in Europe between some of history's greatest field commanders.

1900 explores a turbulent and turmoil-inducing period before one of the world's most destructive wars (technically, we've already gone through it) in an age of technological advances unlike any other period in human history.

Both are quite fine, if you ask me.

'Cept, 1804 is sorta just better. :)

I'd like to join this, but I have no idea how to do any of this stuff, or what country to pick; maybe the pro-French Kingdom of Italy, Saxony, or maybe one of the rebels in Latin America (or any nation that won't just die in a year...)

OOC: I'm perfectly happy with you playing Italy. Also you'll have just got Venice from Austria so that will make you more powerful. Also if you do join you might want to join the IRC channel.

People of France! We have managed to improve the farming and mining in the Empire, improving the lives of ordinary citizens. My attempt to improve them further with an expansion of the schooling system was not quite so successful. We now have peace with Austria, I believe that Emperor Francis has realized that the will of the people cannot be ignored. We remain at war with many nations but France will prevail, Bessieres will force the Prussians back and take Berlin, I will destroy the Russians and France will remain free!

His Imperial Majesty, Napoleon I, Emperor for the French

If you want to be.

So, with that, I make it:

Cress - Fernandists
Shock3r - Saxony
Fish - Paraguay
Riccardo - Italy?

That seems to be enough players for now.

OOC: Wait, can people still join 1900?

OOC: At the current moment, not yet. Fry will however likely open several nations up in the future (depends on what happens in game), especially with some nations in eastern Europe declaring independence. Just wait and there will likely be a spot or two open.

Okay, I'll think I'll have a test join; just to see how everything works. If I can manage, then I'll be a regular player!

I guess as Italy, I'd be a new puppet king put in place by Napoleon, or the Prime Minister.

Okay, I'll think I'll have a test join; just to see how everything works. If I can manage, then I'll be a regular player!

I guess as Italy, I'd be a new puppet king put in place by Napoleon, or the Prime Minister.

OOC: By Italy I think Doom meant the Kingdom of Italy, which is the light green state in northern Italy. It's the land I ceded Austrian Italy to as per the Treaty of Linz.

The Bilbao Proposal

500px-Flag_of_Spain_%281785-1873_and_1875-1931%29.svg.png

With civil war raging in Spain, one which has no end in sight, Ferdinand de Bourbon, styled 'Ferdinand VII of Spain' by his supporters, has decided to reach out to his would-be enemies in order to forge a single force that would be capable of both overthrowing his kingly father, and suppressing the separatist states. His proposal, one written with utmost reluctance, was sent to the Constitutionalist fortress of Bilbao, in hopes the text would soon be passed onto the leadership of that movement. In addition, the Ferdinandists have begun printing and freely distributing copies of the Constitution outlined in this proposal across Spain, hoping to increase popular support for the true King.

Letter to the Constitutionalists said:
To the esteemed leaders of the Constitutionalist Movement of Spain,

I give my warmest greetings and salutations to you. I am sure you know who I am: 'Crown Prince' Ferdinand, rightfully King Ferdinand VII of Spain. I am glad that you gentlemen have elected to overthrow the rule of my father - he is clearly quite insane, and unfit to rule the country. However the situation in Spain has spiralled out of control. Republicans and Bandits ravage the countryside, colonies are isolated and declaring independence, and Galicia, Navarra and Catalonia are all attempting to secede. All these revolts and other issues must be stopped, quelled and suppressed. Thus I submit to you these terms - recognise me as King of Spain, ally with my forces, and in exchange I will grant to you and the nation a constitution, the very ideal you are fighting for. I have taken the liberty of drawing one up - and I gladly submit it to you now. Should you agree to my terms, I will implement this constitution of mine into law once full authority and peace has been restored to Spain and her Empire.

The Constitution of 1807 said:
I. Ferdinand VII is confirmed as sole and rightful King of Spain and her Empire.
II. Limits will be placed on the power of the King, including the restriction and limitation of his right to dissolve the Cortes Generales, to sell lands of the country, to issue direct and absolute decrees, to impend the liberties of his subjects, and to subvert the affairs of the state.
III. The King retains the right to appoint the senior ministers of state, justice and diplomacy, to command the armed forces, to grant honours and awards, to declare war and peace, to veto the legislature of the Cortes Generales, and other rights.
IV. The Cortes Generales shall be reformed into a bicameral legislative body, much like the Westminster parliamentary model. It shall be composed of two legislative bodies, and one executive cabinet. They are as follows -
IVa. The Congress of Deputies, which shall be akin to the British House of Commons. It shall be formed of directly elected representatives of the people, and one of these men is to be appointed by the King as his Prime Minister. This body shall pass laws and legislation, sign treaties, and appoint minor ministers of state, as in tune with other lower houses. It may overturn the veto of the Chamber of Peers with a 3/4 vote, but may not overturn the veto of the King. It shall consist of 300 members, and shall be elected every four years.
IVb. The Chamber of Peers, which shall be akin to the British House of Lords. It shall be formed of the landed aristocracy and clergy of the Kingdom of Spain. Peers are to be appointed to this house by the King himself, in consultation with his Prime Minister. The House shall be formed of 200 members, of which 150 are to go to the gentry, and 50 to the clergy. They shall sit for life. They are to veto some of the bills of the lower house as they see fit, among other duties and roles. They may not overturn the veto of the King.
IVc. The Executive Cabinet, which shall be a body of the King's Secretaries of state. They are to be appointed jointly by the King and the Prime Minister, but these Secretaries shall answer to the latter. They will precede over the ministries of state, much as they have always done.
V. Voting shall be conducted in the First Past the Post system of Great Britain, and Spain thus divided into 300 electoral constituencies. Voting rights will be extended only to males of Spanish citizenship, whom qualify for a moderate wealth requirement, and are over the age of 23. This suffrage shall be extended to Spaniards of Spain's oversea Empire, and also Mixed-Raced people of the Empire aswell, so long as such men fit the previous requirements.
VI. Freedom of the Press, of the Assembly, and of the Faith is to be confirmed and implemented into Spanish law and right.
VII. The administration of the state shall be reformed into new efficient, centralised municipalities, which shall be uniform and override the local rights and customs of the previous provinces of Spain. Exceptions shall be made of Galicia, Navarra and Catalonia, all of which shall retain some of their local rights and autonomy.
VIII. Catholicism is recognised as the state religion of the Kingdom of Spain and her Empire, and shall maintain it's previous rights and relationships with the Spanish State.

With your consent to this Constitution my friends, we will soon be on the path to reuniting the country and the Empire, and bringing out a new age of Parliamentary government. As to more pressing matters of international diplomacy, I will promise to you Gentlemen to maintain Spanish neutrality in the War of the Third Coalition, unless exceptional circumstances warrant intervention, and that I will endeavour to renegotiate the unjust Treaty of Washington D.C, such that atleast some of our colonies are restored to us.

200px-Royal_Monogram_of_King_Fernando_VII_of_Spain.svg.png

Rey Fernando VII de España
Rex Ferdinandus VII Hispaniae
OOC: Anything I missed in the Constitution, DoomBunny?

Last edited:
OOC: By Italy I think Doom meant the Kingdom of Italy, which is the light green state in northern Italy. It's the land I ceded Austrian Italy to as per the Treaty of Linz.

I think we're talking about the same place; Italy was ruled by Napolen during this time with Eugene de Beauharnais as Viceroy(who I guess I'd be playing as), and, with the Treaty of Linz, I control Venice, as well... nice.

OOC: Riccardo is correct.

Venice Accord

The Kingdom of Italy, to better promote the ideals of the French Revolution and the glory of His Majesty, Napoleon I of France and Italy, now proposes trade agreements be formed between all supporters of the French Empire; all signers will limit their tariff rate to 25% when trading with one another.

Furthermore, the Swiss Confederation and the Kingdom of Italy will form a Mutual Protection Pact, should the Swiss wish for such an agreement; if not, then simply state so should you sign the trade agreement.

[X] Eugene de Beauharnais, Viceroi d'Italie

[X] Landamann de la Suiss Andreas Merian

((Is this the right way to do this?

It'll also give me a rough idea of who's on whose side...))

Last edited:
The Swiss Confederation would gladly sign both a trade agreement and mutual protection pact with the Kingdom of Italy.

[X] Landamann de la Suiss Andreas Merian

OOC: That's fine. :)

((Is this the right way to do this?

It'll also give me a rough idea of who's on whose side...))

OOC: Pretty much it's the French (obviously), Dutch/Batavian Republic, the Kingdom of Spain (or what remains of it), Italy, Switzerland, and Bavaria against the Third Coalition, minus myself (Austria).

((And the third coalition would be Great Britain, Prussia, Russia, the United States, Portugal, and formerly Austria, right?

What about Sweden, Denmark, and some of the Spanish factions?))

Portugal isn't formally in. Sweden and Denmark are formally in, but have done nothing at all of any use, similar to the US.

OOC: Hey, I knocked Spain out.

((So what exactly do we do now? Just basically insult our rivals and proclaim our side the liberators of Europe? And make diplomatic agreements?))