• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
People of France! Today we celebrate not one but two great victories against the Coalition. First in Italy Massena crushed the Austrian Army of Italy with the help of the Swiss and Bavarians while at the same time I again defeated Archduke Charles near Vienna due to the cowardice of his Russian "allies". Bavaria may have been occupied but she will be freed! Bessieres may have been forced back from Hanover but with the help of our Batavian allies he will be able to force them back

People of Austria I now wish to address you! Charles has again been defeated and again it is through no fault of his own but through the cowardice of your Russian allies! But perhaps it was not cowardice, perhaps it was the Russians plan, perhaps they wish to see Austria weakened so that they may take control of Europe. I do not wish for the weakening of your empire, No! I wish to see a strong Austria. Perhaps Hungary may rejoin the fold in exchange for increased recognition of Hungarian rights. Perhaps we could see a dual monarchy, a nation were Austrians and Hungarians are united, an Austro-Hungarian Empire! I call on the Austrian forces in Bohemia to abandon their allies who will use them as nothing more then bodies to put between there men and our bullets. I call on you to sign a treaty of peace with the French Empire! I call on you to join France in it's crusade against tyranny and false friends! I call on you to sign an Alliance of the Free Empires!

His Imperial Majesty, Napoleon I, Emperor for the French

OOC: color tommorow, and great update Doom. More IC guys. I'm the only person whose commented on the update.

Last edited:
Is this from the same France that has used and left naked to destruction his allies the Spanish and Bavarians? Napoleon is indeed clever and only a fool rushes headlong into battle with a prepared army under his command. We will however continue to knock aside all of those that allow themselves to be pawns of the tyrant and one day he will find himself without his allies to use as shields so he can claim all the personal glory. French forces could have aided Spain or Bavaria but instead focused on glory for their tyrant emperor. We regret inability to defeat their main army using only a small portion of our force but we will continue to work with our allies to hammer away at our common enemies. Perhaps soon the tyrant will have to face the coalition alone with fewer of his pawns to use as shields.

The coalition has suffered a defeat but the enemy continues to win primarily where their grand army is and it cannot exist everywhere. The enemy will continue to suffer defeats in areas left isolated or abandoned by Napoleons lust for personal glory. Russia will not back down before the French emperor and his great quest for fame and we will not allow europe to be dominated by his armies. One day the might of the combined Russian Imperial armies will face the enemy and destroy them in battle. For now we shall lay the groundwork for that battle to come.

I send my condolences to Austria, so badly hurt in this battle against His not-Great-in-stature Emperor. We are sorry the civilians of that great country must suffer in The Little One's wars of imperialism. How many women and children must suffer, until your childish wishes are fulfilled? What is go gain from this, anyway? Even if you win, nothing will change. You revolution succeeded because it was the will of the people. But this is not willful. You are destroying Europe, and for what? Disillusioned freedom? You are their EMPEROR for God's sake! They can't even choose their leader. Anyway, when you die, it'll all go back to normal anyway.

I send my condolences to Austria, so badly hurt in this battle against His not-Great-in-stature Emperor. We are sorry the civilians of that great country must suffer in The Little One's wars of imperialism. How many women and children must suffer, until your childish wishes are fulfilled? What is go gain from this, anyway? Even if you win, nothing will change. You revolution succeeded because it was the will of the people. But this is not willful. You are destroying Europe, and for what? Disillusioned freedom? You are their EMPEROR for God's sake! They can't even choose their leader. Anyway, when you die, it'll all go back to normal anyway.

His not-Great-in-stature Emperor? I am not tall but I am not short either. I am as tall as any Frenchman. The Little One? are you referring to the belief expressed by the Swedish king that I am 5 years old? I am the Emperor by the will of the people and the French people are free, I simply command their armies in battle and make decisions after consulting with the people. The same cannot be said of the Queen of Portugal. Did the people have any say in you becoming Queen? Have you given the people of Portugal any rights? I am not destroying Europe. I would be happy to sign a peace treaty with the Coalition. But they do not want to. Are you consoling yourself? "We cannot beat him but it doesn't matter because if he dies it'll all be normal again and I can oppress my people without them revolting." Do not fool yourself it will never be the same again, it is not I who has caused all this change in Europe but the people of Europe.If I die another will come in my place, brought by the people of France to lead them against the forces of oppression.

His Imperial Majesty, Napoleon I, By the Grace of God and the Will of the People, Emperor for the French.

If you poked a dog with a stick would you not expect it to bite you back? The Austrian's our ally's in this great war have been provoked into action by the french revolutions. The order of things have been disturbed and as such a reaction has to occur. May i remind the Swiss Puppet that they only have a limited time left before their sovreignty will be quashed by this radical beast.

Our ally's may have begun this war steping once backwards, but may i declare that this will only strengthen the force of our punch forwards. The heart of the French Emperor will be smashed and France liberated from this tyranny.

I would also like to remind the Portuguese queen that it was Austria that declared war on France, so really this is their fault.

It is not my fault that Napoleon chose to threaten my nation, as well as many others.

But I digress. I want to get out of this prison cell. It smells of bad body odor and rotten eggs.

Francis II, Emperor of Austria
Roman Emperor Elect
Stuck in a jail cell

Everything will go back to normal when you die, because if you don't name a successor, then there will be a civil war when you die, and everyone will revolt. If you do, then it is just another monarchy.

OOC: Gradiant, any chance I could get your full orders? I'm looking to write the update tomorrow or day after. Thanks.

As Francis II, Emperor of Austria, I would like to propose to the honorable Napoleon I of France the Treaty of Linz.

Treaty of Linz

Austrian Concessions

In abidance to this Treaty and everything it entails, the nation of Austria shall, by order of its leader, Emperor Francis II,

1. Concede the lands of Austrian Italy to the Kingdom of Italy,

2. Concede the lands acquired during the partitioning of Poland in 1795 to a new Polish state, to be ceded upon liberation by Napoleon I,

3. Concede the lands of Tirol to the Kingdom of Bavaria,

4. Nullify its signature on the Treaty of Tarnow, leaving the Third Coalition,

5. Dissolve the Army of Bohemia under the command of Archduke John, leaving a garrison force of 20,000 in Bohemia,

6. Dissolve the Holy Roman Empire, with Emperor Francis II relinquishing his title as Roman Emperor Elect,

French Concessions

In abidance to this Treaty and everything it entails, the nation of France shall, by order of its leader, Emperor Napoleon I,

1. Concede the city of Vienna, as well as all occupied Austrian lands, to the Austrian Empire,

2. Free Emperor Francis II of Austria, as well as Archduke Charles, from imprisonment, returning them to life in Austria.

3. Release Austrian Prisoners of War from imprisonment, returning them to service in the Austrian Army.

Austrian Territorial Concessions

Included with this treaty is a map of territorial changes, to be taken into effect immediately, that shall alter the borders of the Austrian Empire.

2vIZ3.png

Light Green - to be conceded to the Kingdom of Italy
Dark Blue - to be conceded to the Kingdom of Bavaria
Red - to be conceded to Poland, upon liberation by Napoleon I

Signatories

Below are signatories of the leaders of the nations of this treaty, which shall ensure a lasting peace, as well as a strong bond of friendship, between the involved nations.

[X] Francis II, Emperor of Austria
[] Napoleon I, Emperor of the French

As Francis II, Emperor of Austria, I would like to propose to the honorable Napoleon I of France the Treaty of Linz.

[X] signed, Nepoleon I, Emperor for the French

The Swiss Confederation suggests that the Austrian Empire hire better cartographers.

OOC: You try using a free editing program with crappy editing skills and a low-resolution map. :p

Last edited:
OOC: When is next normal update? Been like 3 weeks

OOC: Duke?

OOC: It's Doom, Gradiant :p there might be another update, if there are any naval actions or whatnot... otherwise the update will likely come along later or tomorrow, like Doom said.