• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Freedom - Part I

As asked by Lord Umbra, everyone, well, mostly everyone, set off for Umbra's dining hall. As perhaps expected, it was particularly opulent, especially compared to the conditions you previously enjoyed. Comfortable seating, exotic artwork, and a polished metal table, spanning the majority of the room, awaited you. After a short time amongst yourselves, Umbra arrived to take the head seat, and a small staff of Imperials quickly followed with meals for everyone, consisting of a variety of meats from across the galaxy. At first silent, Umbra broke the silence over some spicy fodu.

"I am sure you are all dying to know our destination, as I've been rudely vague these past few days. But fear not, my delay was not from deception, but from preparation. Due to my certain circumstances, I find myself in a lack of safe havens, but now I've found one that serves my neccesities. So, the Kraytspear is currently heading towards Hutt space, where I shall rendezvous with some old friends."

The way Umbra said "friends" suggested they were anything but. Another seconds of silence before he continued.

"As for you all, you will be permitted to-"

An Imperial officer buzzed in over a wall-mounted speaker directly behind Umbra.

"My Lord, we have an issue."

Without hesitation, Umbra responded, "I presume the missing Mandalorian?"

"Yes my Lord, sensors indicate he has found his way into a starboard escape pod. Orders sir?"

Lord Umbra sighed, but gave an answer with the haste the situation required.

"He cannot be allowed to leave and report back so soon for our sake. Do what is needed."

The officer returned affirmatives and the atmosphere of the dining hall suddenly darkened. And of course, Hork had something to say, beginning with a slammed fist on the table, rattling everyone's plates.

"That's one of my soldiers out there, and I'm not letting you blast him!"

Hork stood, and found himself at the end of Umbra's exasperated gaze, along with blasters from the two Imperial guards who had been watching from the room's corners. Umbra however motioned them to holster their blasters.

"You understand the position I am in, and a rogue Mandalorian threatens everything. Besides, where do you even think this deserter is going? To the Republic...or straight to his own kind to relay information for power? I trust you saw how unstable he was, no doubt operating under some delusions."

Hork flinched at the word "deserter", but he knew it rang true. Still...it was still one of his men, and it was his duty to protect them.

"Sith, you hide behind your men now, but I swear, when the Empire falls, and I get off this damned ship, the Republic and I will find you, in whatever crater you hide in."

Hork sat, still fuming, but smart enough to know that resistance wouldn't end well for him nor any other recruits who would help him.

For a final time, the Imperial officer's voice came through the speaker.

"Escape pod terminated my Lord, survival is an impossibility."

"Good work. Return to your standard duties."

Umbra returned to silence for a time, his demanor far more stoic, as if he was actually burdened by the whole affair. Finishing a last morsel of food, Umbra turned to leave. As he stood beside the door, he finished his interrupted statement without looking at you and the assembled group.

"You will be dropped off on Nar Shadda, the moon of Nal Hutta, on a private craft belonging to an acquaintance. You will be provided with civilian clothing, of which I advise wearing if you don't want to be strangled by some street thug. Personal belongings may be kept, as well as your blasters for your own safety."

Lingering for a second, Umbra finally left.

GM Note: Few things here. First, Malachore Sornell is dead following an ill-fated attempt to escape. Secondly, this will lead up to finally getting off this ship, with the next update taking you to the freedom (ICly and OOCly) of Nar Shadda, a cesspool of villany, crime, but more importantly, opportunities for adventure. For now, IC til I get the second part up, which will likely be tomorrow.

Also, sorry for the delay.

Crispus was unsure of how he felt about traveling to Nar Shadda, wherever it was, but he was relieved that he would finally be getting off this ship. It had been months since he had last stood on dry ground, and he figured that he could use this as an opportunity to reinvent himself.

News of the mercenary's death did not surprise him. What did the fool expect? As if a Sith Lord would allow any escape pod to simply escape his star destroyer, and refrain from shooting it out of the sky...
Mention of Nar Shadda was more intriguing. A wretched hive of scum and villainy, but a major spaceport, it would be easy to lose themselves, or find passage elsewhere. Of course he fully expected at least one "comrade"- such as the shady Gran- to attempt a desertion.

Vargas watched the entire scene between Hork, the Imperial voice on the intercom, and Lord Umbra with some distress. I was difficult hearing the death of a living, breathing person exterminated with such casual cruelty. Still, he did understand the Sith Lord's position, even if he didn't agree with his actions.

In other news, the long-awaited location was Nar Shadda... that would present opportunities aplenty. Opportunities to return home, or maybe set out on some new business. Perhaps even rejoin the Republic's military, though the last time he talked to a recruiter hadn't turned out so well...

He turned to his nearest neighbors at the table, the other Correlian, Haru, the Wookie, Barrana, and one of the Mandalorians, Mirta. Ignoring Haru, who seemed to lack in the intelligence department, Calman addressed the other two, "Nar Shadda, though a cesspool of crime and poverty, does offer certain... opportunities that can be explored. While I'm not asking either of you to commit to anything, if we find our interests aligning on some prospect, well, it is better to work together than apart. What do you say to a business partnership when we land?"

Herat twitched nervously at the news that the mandalorian was to be killed. He didnt care where this Sith was taking him, he just wanted to be off the ship

"He had it coming, stupid as he was. Leaving a ship where once host is a user of the force." Khan stood up and walked out the dining room. "I don't need civilian clothes, nobody cares about this so-called armor I have on." Khan thought as he walked.

Vargas watched the entire scene between Hork, the Imperial voice on the intercom, and Lord Umbra with some distress. I was difficult hearing the death of a living, breathing person exterminated with such casual cruelty. Still, he did understand the Sith Lord's position, even if he didn't agree with his actions.

In other news, the long-awaited location was Nar Shadda... that would present opportunities aplenty. Opportunities to return home, or maybe set out on some new business. Perhaps even rejoin the Republic's military, though the last time he talked to a recruiter hadn't turned out so well...

He turned to his nearest neighbors at the table, the other Correlian, Haru, the Wookie, Barrana, and one of the Mandalorians, Mirta. Ignoring Haru, who seemed to lack in the intelligence department, Calman addressed the other two, "Nar Shadda, though a cesspool of crime and poverty, does offer certain... opportunities that can be explored. While I'm not asking either of you to commit to anything, if we find our interests aligning on some prospect, well, it is better to work together than apart. What do you say to a business partnership when we land?"

Barrana shifts and considers his words. "Even were we not members of the Republic's military, I have little desire to engage in the more unscrupulous activities likely to be found in Nar Shadda. It is a sarlaac pit, which corrupts its victims slowly and inexorably, and we would do well not to linger there. Not least because many of the denizens are likely to look unfavorably upon republic soldiers, or else seek to sell us to the Sith for profit. This said, I would not be opposed to all possible business ventures... I do have a few, ah, friends" for whatever worth friendship was, maybe a thousand credits or so among the scum he had known- "from my time with the Hutts. I think we should secure transport and weapons, or else find passage offworld."
There was other business to consider as well. He did not think the Sith ship's arrival had been coincidence, not the first time nor the second. One of his "friends" might have sold them out, all those years ago... and one of his supposed comrades may have sold them out this time as well.

GM Note: Sorry folks, as you may have noticed, the update has yet to be produced even though much time has passed, and it will never be produced. My drive to continue this game as faltered, on no fault of anyone playing, just real life broke my rhythym and the willpower to resume is just not there for me at the moment.

I thank everyone who participated and made awesome ICs and interesting characters for me and the other players. Perhaps I will start another game in the future, but for now, this is officially deceased.

Well, it was fun. Thank you for running this very enjoyable game.

Oh my Haru!

It was fun to play as haru...most likely will become a character somewhere else i liked her xd.

Thank you for hosting, and while I was here it was quite fun.

It was quite an experience, and a fun time!

Awww, was gonna rampage again.
Thanks anyway, was fun while it lasted.