• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

etranger01

Sphinx of the Tuileries
92 Badges
Aug 18, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Victoria 2
The Premise

Welcome to Springtime of Nations, the game of alternate history and organized chaos. In this fourth installment, Dear Leader, you play a prominent figure in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, colloquially known as North Korea, working to chart an independent course for your nation despite being surrounded on all sides by potential enemies. The DPRK is characterized by its uncomfortably close ties between the state and the military, making the distinction between political and military figures largely a matter of duties and fashion rather than any real difference.

The game begins on January 22, 1968, following the spectacular if ill-fated attack on South Korean president Park Chung-hee in his official residence the day before. Though the failure is embarrassing, the debacle may not be complete; the United States is neck-deep in the Vietnam War, and other opportunities are always around the corner. After all, the Supreme Leader's prestige is on the line...

The Game

Unlike previous Springtime of Nations games, I've dispensed entirely with the game mechanics. Actual ability means almost nothing in the insular world of North Korean politics and the primary concern of most officials and officers should be in how much regard they are held by the Supreme Leader.

Everyone plays one (1) character. Your character can either be a member of the Kim dynasty or a non-historical original character. Currently playable Kim scions include Kim Jong-il and Kim Man-il (who survived because this is alternate history), with future legitimate sons becoming available for play as the game progresses.

Anyone interested in playing a Kim scion must also include a submission for an original character; if they're not selected for a Kim, then they'll play the original character instead. Non-historical illegitimate Kim children are permitted as original characters, but they don't get special orders and aren't eligible for succession.

Unlike normal games where players have their own independent fiefdoms, armies, and spheres of influence, in Dear Leader the principal aim is to influence the decision-making process of the Supreme Leader, Kim Il-sung (played by the GM). Orders may be used for independent action as well, but personal autonomy is sharply limited within the DPRK and attempts at carving out individual fiefdoms tend to be frowned upon.

One of the principal focuses of the game is the internecine power struggle ongoing within the Kim dynasty. No formal heir has been confirmed or presented to the North Korean hierarchy, so while Kim Jong-il is the most likely candidate due to his status as firstborn, anything is possible. The game will likely end when one of the potential heirs has firmly cemented his position as the anointed successor: the Dear Leader.

How to Play

Players are expected to regularly post in-character statements and to send orders for each turn, which will comprise one year of in-game time. In-character posts should be your character's public actions and rhetoric, ideally on the issues of the day or their personal agenda. Orders should be sent to me in a private conversation using the title format [SoN: DL - Character Name]. Each order submission should include the relevant year, which kind of order is being used, if the order is public or covert, and if the order is part of a conspiracy (if so, name the other participants of whom you're aware).

Everyone gets two (2) regular orders per turn except the Kim scions, who get one (1) regular order and one (1) dynastic order. Regular orders can be used for virtually anything. Dynastic orders are stronger than regular orders and reflect the Kim scions' greater influence with the Supreme Leader. Regular orders can either be public or covert; if they're covert, then the origin of the order is disguised. Dynastic orders are never covert. If you submit one order instead of two orders, it will be more effective. If a Kim scion submits one order, it'll automatically be considered a dynastic order.

Conspiracies are what happens when multiple players work together to submit joint orders. All or part of a conspiracy can be covert and it can comprise either regular or dynastic orders. Conspiracy orders are greater than the sum of their parts and can be used to substantially shift DPRK policy or influence the Supreme Leader. Conspiracy orders, if revealed, are more likely to result in the Supreme Leader experiencing uncomfortable paranoia in your general direction.

If you send covert orders and their results aren't publicly visible in the updates, then you'll probably get a PM from me with the results shortly thereafter.

The public update will be an official news statement from DPRK state media and written in-character from that perspective.

If I don't see you posting in the thread regularly or if you fail to send orders without a valid reason, then I'll give you a warning, followed by the boot.

The North Korean Government

The government of the Democratic People's Republic is intentionally Byzantine and opaque. The DPRK's national legislature, the Supreme People's Assembly, is a rubber-stamp body with regular meetings that routinely confirm all motions put forward by the government. The North Korean judiciary is a joke and most detentions and sentences are imposed arbitrarily by the military.

All actual power in North Korea flows from the Supreme Leader, Kim Il-sung, who also serves as Premier of the Democratic Republic, General Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, and Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army. The Workers' Party of Korea (WPA) and Korean People's Army (KPA) are the two bodies with real influence in the country. Typically, Kim Il-sung's advisors are either Party officials or military officers.

Party officials typically lead a bureau, department, or organization within the DPRK. Players are permitted to use actual known bureaus or make their own. Conflicting bureaus are permitted and even encouraged, as there are many overlapping official organs. Authority is largely a function of what the official is granted by the Supreme Leader.

Likewise, military officers may have whatever rank they like below Supreme Commander, though they may not have original or custom ranks, as such behavior is considered a direct threat to the Supreme Leader's authority. Given the lack of actual military operations following the Armistice, it is unlikely that an officer will actually be called upon to lead in the field. As such, their formal rank is less important than their clout with the Supreme Commander.

Submissions

Any submissions go in the signups thread and should follow the rules there.

Communications

OOC game discussion is handled in IRC on irc.theairlock.net, room #WiR_Main. All communications over IRC are considered to be OOC unless I feel that you're abusing the system.

Roster goes here.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-2.jpg

The Supreme Leader
Premier of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea
Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army

Kim Il-sung (NPC)

MEGUu37.jpg

The Supreme Leader's Treasured Younger Brother
Kim Yong-ju (@aussieboy)

320px-Kim_Jong-il_in_North_Korean_propaganda_%286075328850%29.jpg

The Supreme Leader's Beloved Son
Kim Jong-il (@Maxwell500)

198px-Kim_Jong-Un_Photorealistic-Sketch.jpg

The Supreme Leader's Cherished Son
Kim Man-il (@Dadarian)

The Cabinet of Ministers
Premier: Kim Il-sung (NPC)
Vice Premier: Rang Byeong-ho (@Mikkel Glahder)
Minister of the Interior: Jin Tae-suk (@oxfordroyale)
Minister of Public Enlightenment: Moon Jeong-hun (@aedan777)
Deputy Foreign Minister (Europe): Kim Pom-gi (@Korona)
Deputy Foreign Minister (East Asia): Ya Seung-won (@Arrowfiend)
President of the Central Bank: Yi Pong-yong (@Luftwafer)

The 4th Supreme People's Assembly
President of the Presidium: NPC
Chairman of the Assembly: NPC

Composition (Last Election: 1964)
Workers' Party of Korea: 573 seats
Social Democrats: 22 seats
Chondoist Chongu Party: 8 seats
Independents: 2 seats

The Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea
General Secretary: Kim Il-sung (NPC)
Maj. Gen. Chong Kyung-ho (@MastahCheef117)
Interior Minister Jin Tae-suk (@oxfordroyale)
Chief Justice Ae Hyeon-u (@Ab Ovo)
Director (Dept. 33) O Dong-ho (@Noco19)
Dep. Foreign Minister Kim Pom-gi (@Korona)
Director (Mansudae Art Studio) Pak Su-yeong (@alynkio)
Director (Orgburo) Rang Byeong-ho (@Mikkel Glahder)

The Korean People's Army
Sup. Comm. Kim Il-sung (NPC)
Col. Gen. Hwang Hyeon-jun (@Rolman99)
Col. Gen. Kung Ye-jun (@Shynka)
Col. Gen. Chi Mun-hee (@XVG)
Maj. Gen. Chong Kyung-ho (@MastahCheef117)

Last edited:
Event: The Blue House Raid

640px-Korea-Seoul-Blue_House_%28Cheongwadae%29_Reception_Center_0688%269-07_cropped.jpg

Briefing by the Deputy Minister for Internal Communications

To: Cabinet of Ministers; Central Committee, Workers' Party of Korea; High Command, Korean Workers' Army; Comrade Kim Jong-il; Comrade Kim Man-il

Following ceaseless provocations and insults by the illegitimate southern regime, the Supreme Leader decided in his august wisdom to teach them a firm lesson. At the Supreme Leader's request, the former head of the Korean Workers' Army Ground Forces dispatched a crack team of commandos to remonstrate with the southern despot.

Unfortunately, incompetence and treason conspired to sabotage the mission and prevented a blow being struck for all Korean people everywhere. The commando team was betrayed and brutally murdered by the repressive southern security forces in collusion with the American occupation. The head of the KWAGF has been removed for his failure. Further measures may be necessary.

Though the Americans are occupied with their savage imperial subjugation of the progressive and right-thinking government of Vietnam and her people, they may still respond to this incident with their characteristic ham-handedness. Something must be done.

The Soviet Ambassador, representing Comrade Brezhnev, urges us to take a conciliatory stance and reduce tensions. Conversely, the Chinese Ambassador, representing Comrade Mao, advises that we further escalate hostilities to force the weak-willed Americans to back down. The Supreme Leader sees merit in both arguments and seeks learned advice and counsel from you, his inner circle.

Any and all potential solutions to the problem will be entertained. The Supreme Leader would like this situation resolved before the session of the Supreme People's Assembly in June.

Eternal life to the Supreme Leader!

Last edited:
GM: Roster and event posted. You may begin your IC and scheming. If you have any questions, PM me on the forum or on IRC.

Orders are due on Thursday, March 30th at 2358 EST.

Last edited:
To the Supreme Leader, Supreme Commander of the Korean People’s Army,
and to the General Staff Department of the Korean People’s Army

From Comrade Colonel General Kung Yejun, Head of the Bureau for Military Oversight of Strategic Weapons,
Head of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s Strategic Missile Forces Unit

With regards to the recent American provocation on occupied territory, I hereby request formally of the Supreme Leader and Supreme Commander of the Korean People’s Army permission to put the strategic missile forces of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea in full readiness for immediate re-ignition of hostilities.

With the weapons in the possession of the Korean People’s Army and with the guidance of the Supreme Leader we will be able to erase fully the occupiers of our lands and liberate our people with minimum sacrifice necessary from the brave and loyal soldiers of the Korean People’s Army.

I ask that I am permitted to prepare all missiles for immediate launch against strategic sites of the enemy in lieu of the grave provocations along the border. I count vehemently on the support of the Korean People’s Airforce in the reduction of the enemy’s fortifications and large troop concentrations within the first eight minutes of the war, after which our troops can march victorious south!

A Letter to the Great Leader Kim Il-sung
Great Leader, Premier, General Secretary, Supreme Commander:

I regret most terribly my inability to currently be in Pyongyang. Were I in the greatest of cities in Korea, I would immediately go to your presence to answer your call for immediate counsel with regards to the events that have transpired in the rebellious South. Though I continue on my visit to oversee several key regiments of the 17th and 66th Divisions of the People's Army, I will keep abreast of all communications in the capital regarding this incident, and will carry out the duties prescribed from your just mouth.

It is my humble opinion, as both an officer in the People's Army and a member of the Politburo of the Central Committee, that immediate action must be taken. Though the ambassador from China seemingly suggested it first, I am sure that you were always aware of the options that Korea can take in regards to this crisis. By reacting with strength, we will secure for ourselves an even stronger foothold among the nations of the world.

As my father would have done, while serving in your gracious presence as Minister of Defense, I humbly recommend for a total mobilization of the People's Army and to bring our defense systems up to complete readiness in preparation for a continuation of the conflict and a suspension of the Armistice of 1953.

I sincerely regret my brevity, but, as ordered by yourself, I must continue with my rounds in my inspection of People's Army units near the armistice line. Should you justly ask it, I will provide a longer and more in-depth explanation of my beliefs regarding this matter.

Forever indebted to the Great Leader of the Korean People,
Chong Kyung-ho
Major General in the People's Army Ground Force
Member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Worker's Party

A Joint Letter to the Great Leader, Father Kim Il-sung
Father,

The American imperialists are currently over extended in their attempts to subject Asia into their capitalist fiefs. We could easily utilise this to our advantage by pushing the American lines past where they are and send them into the sea. The liberation of our southern brothers is what we all crave, as they desire your leadership like us in the north. Both of your sons are in agreement in conducting this offensive war.

Glory to the Revolution! Glory to our Father and the Father of all Koreans!

Your Sons,
Shura
Jong-il

To: Supreme Leader and Guide of the Revolution Kim Il-sung

"As you know, Supreme Leader, we stand at a point from which we may usher in a renewed era for the Revolution in Korea, with the ability to free our southern brethren from the shackles of feudalism. And under your leadership, I have no doubt that such a day will come, and soon.

Many who have spoken thus far have advised, but I say that they have advised you contrary to the very brilliance your tenure has exemplified since the very beginnings of our struggle. It is known that you shall usher in the liberation of all Koreans and it is known that such a feat is inevitable. So then why is it that they seek to push you to act now or never, to sponsor quickness over your quality?

Against them, I suggest that we adopt tactics of your design, for what else has been proven so successful? We should act, yes, but with wisdom and ingenuity, and yes we will act, but not at the whipping of others such as Mao. You alone hold the keys to our liberation, not Mao, not Brezhnev, nor others.

So then we act, your rhetoric burning a hole in the weak wills of our enemies in the south and in the United States. And we should act in a way not brutish, using precision to make a gesture so grand as to shake the resolve of any who still foolishly doubt you. There is power not merely in action, but in representation - you no doubt know this. A precise attack, one so well-designed that it will move through the shadows and strike where the southern tyrants least expect.

In this precision and covert terror, we shall turn it into yet another masterful stroke of propaganda, fueling the rhetoric which will certainly prove our enemies as backwards fools in the light of your brilliance. This stands to give us little risk as the blunt force others recommend, but the high reward of showing the world at large that the Supreme Leader's will extend across all of Korea and beyond!"

A Letter to the Great Leader, Father Kim Il-sung
Father,

The Youth of the Nation are the blood on which the Revolution is tempered. The development of children into loyal proletariat and willing volunteers for the Party. Therefore, I ask that I be made in charge of the Democratic Youth League of North Korea so that I can give proper Kimist instruction to the youth on how to become Party Members.

Glory to the Revolution! Glory to our Father and the Father of all Koreans!

Your Sons,
Shura

Your Excellency,
Great Leader, Premier, General Secretary, Supreme Commander,

The failure of the former head of the Korean Workers' Army Ground Forces in the conduct of actions in the illegitimately occupied southern territories is a most grieving occurrence. This failure should not be merely accepted. Though the Soviet Ambassador is surely a man of experience and wisdom in his own right, to seek conciliatory measures towards the Imperialist Americans would be a grave mistake. The Americans are embroiled in a hopeless struggle against our comrades in international communism, the Vietnamese people, currently they pose no threat to your most glorious nation. To become meek now, to seek forgiveness, to give in to the Imperialists, this is not what will see all the fatherland liberated and unified under your magnanimous rule.

Yet I am certain Your Excellency was already well aware of this. The true question is not whether or not Korea's rightful government reduces tension through submission to the Imperialists, but rather to what degree and in what form the stain of failure brought about by the former head of the Korean Workers' Army Ground Forces is erased through further action. To this I must confess that I have no answer. My heart tells me any action taken should be done swiftly and with great force, to ensure the maximum loss to the Americans and their dogs. But perhaps such emotional action could lead to ruin, a reckless decision that pointless loses lives and worsens the position of Korea in the aggregate. Perhaps a more subdued and limited response is called for, as the unification of Korea is inevitable, and the failure of capitalist imperialism certain. Yet then I remember the struggle our people in the occupied south must endure, suffering under the oppression of the Americans and their cronies. My heart once more yearns for immediate action, to see them freed. It is a cycle from which I cannot extricate myself.

Where I am uncertain and divided, I am confident that your excellency is firm and certain. Though a humble man such as myself does not see the proper course of action to be taken, our most beneficent Great Leader undoubtedly sees the proper course of action. It need not be said the unwavering loyalty I hold to you, and my willingness to do whatever you ask of me to ensure that your vision for Korea and its people is reached as perfectly as possible. I stand ready to respond and carry out whatever tasks you see fit to give me.

Long Live the Revolution! Long Live the Great Leader!

-Moon Jeong-hun, Minister of Public Enlightenment

To the Supreme Leader, Gen. Staff Dep. of the KPA and various other military officials, officers and departments of note

KPAF units have been put on immediate battle readiness and deployed and dispersed to forward airbases, along with their support equipment. It is likely that the Americans will test our defenses in the coming days, either to prepare for an attack or to lay foundations for a malicious provocation. Thus I request the permission to put KPAF units on a constant standby and to increase the range of our current naval patrol flights, as well as boost their armaments and escorts. Truly the latest crisis shows the need for an increase in defensive preparations, and I request a permission to finalize a deal with the USSR for the acquisition of further military aircraft, especially highly needed dedicated ground attack jets.

It is important to show to the Americans and the illegal Seoul puppet regime that the DPRK and the KPA and all its services are fully ready for an escalation of the conflict, to show them that we will not accept any hasty response or unwise retaliation from the imperialist-capitalists. However after initial preparations it is recommendable to wait for their actual response, and whether the Americans show signs of futile anger or cowardly weakness. Calculative and calm heads are in order for now. Nevertheless if the decision for war is made, I am confident that the KPAF will excel all expectations in its brave struggle for socialism and unification. Capitalist puppets and their masters will be crushed by our mighty armies if need be! Ultimately such a decision lies only in the hands of the Supreme Commander.

Long live the Supreme Leader! Long live Workers’ Korea!

Col. Gen. Chi Mun-hee
Commander, KPFA

A Missive from the Deputy Foreign Minister for the Foreign Minister

Be advised,

American imperialism can not be tolerated, and I full approve and advise a man of your skill and past to advise our Dearest Leader to invade South Korea. We must show that assault on any Korean person will not be tolerated and it is mandatory, nay, obligatory, to march forward under Juche and our Supreme Leader to liberate the Korean people from those who would do her harm, chiefly the dictatorial Seoul regime.

Kim Pom-gi
Deputy Foreign Minister

Dearest Leader, Father of the Revolution,

At your permission, I will begin talks with the Chinese ambassador pertaining to their support in a potential conflict against the imperialists and their puppet regime to the South. While victory is certainly attainable without them, with our Chinese comrades-in-arms, victory would be all the more assured and far less costly for great Korea. Oh Dearest Father of all Koreans, the Korean people cry out for liberation from tyranny, exploitation, and injustice!

Ya Seung-Won
Deputy Foreign Minister for East Asia

Tongmu-nim, Supreme Leader, Guiding Light of the Korean People, my dearest older brother,

I have in the past made it clear in previous meetings my loyalty to your cause and to the institution of the Monolithic System of Socialism, which has particularly developed on Korean soil and is of a different quality from the socialism of the Soviet Union or of China. With that in mind, I do think you, and we as the Party and People behind you, do not need to be enslaved to one set of guidelines from Moscow or Beijing.

However, neither should we instantly dismiss their advice, but instead synthesize both and adapt them to the conditions present in Korea at this time. I believe we can take a middle approach between outright capitulation to the Southern fascist puppets and their Yankee enablers, as seems to be suggested by Tongmu Brezhnev, and reckless, counterproductive and rash actions as suggested by Tongmu Mao. Namely, we should appear conciliatory before the world stage. But such effacement would only be a cloak with which to fool the imperialists.

For I would advocate that the general principle of sending agents of our Party and People to the South was sound, but that their method of inciting revolutionary action was ham-handed, blatantly prone to sabotage (perhaps there are fascist agents in the officer cadres of the KPAGF? I would be eager to investigate them if it is your will for me to do so.) and could only lead to the result we have today. Even accounting for sabotage, I think those in charge of the mission failed to take adequate guidance from your experience as an anti-Japanese guerrilla.

In keeping with your peerless strategies against the Japanese colonialists, and similar to the tactics taken by progressive forces in Vietnam against the American occupiers, I would advocate, under cover of feigned conciliation with the West, to send additional agents to the South, to unite those in the South already convinced about the rightness of your leadership, with other progressive forces - which you have done successfully here in the North, in your wisdom - and stockpile arms, infiltrate the other progressive anti-fascist forces, and when the time is right, launch a fierce guerrilla campaign that will end in pools of imperialist and collaborator blood, and the total liberation of our country.

In solidarity with you, the Supreme Leader of our people, and always in utmost loyalty,

Tongmu Kim Yong-ju
Organizing Secretary of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea

Last edited:
When Pak Su-yeong heard news of the failure of the Blue Palace raid and the loss of the lives of his comrades, having a sensitive artistic temperament, he was physically overcome with despair, falling to the ground in sorrow and weeping bitter tears very much in public. In time, however, he reflected that because the commandos gave their lives for the glory of their fatherland, their lives were thus well-lived, and his sorrow transmuted into boiling rage at the filthy imperialist cowards who robbed the brave Korean youth of their lives. Inspired, he sketched the following…
BmERRK4IzFTQQrdN1gEgCCLCp0KuWlpWR6VG8Sa_-K8DsxA2w6yBMkvucW7EEa_5676XrMI6tZ2z6mnAyjg6y5vUpCtZlJzAPKe5s2z5pTqN4gf2wMOYBo5G9gbIqaWghLgODl_y

As the director of an art studio, albeit a huge one very easily capable of conversion to a military factory if necessary, Su-yeong has no expertise in planning large scale military operations. Though he has some connections with several Soviet officials, he doesn’t speak a word of Mandarin. In light of these considerations and of his relative youth, Su-yeong determines it to be prudent and polite to defer to the opinions of his elders and military officials. One day, however, while sketching the Great Leader, the leader asks for Su-yeong’s opinion regarding the correct course of action to pursue in foreign affairs given recent events. Flattered, yet aware the Great Leader is likely just humoring him, Su-yeong responds thus.

“I am deeply honored, Great Leader, that you consider my opinion to be worth your time. Though I am but an artist and sculptor, I am a patriotic Korean, and the thought of our homeland divided and half of it subjected to a repressive and illegitimate imperialist regime pains me greatly. My heart would swell with pride and joy should our Fatherland be reunited under your glorious leadership in accordance with the Juche idea. One of your counselors wisely mentioned that, given the corruption inherent in any capitalist regime, the Park government is predestined to fail and we will inevitably be reunited with our southern brethren. While very true, this just outcome cannot come to pass while we sit by passively, but rather, as in artistic endeavors, through our labors we must bring our vision to life! With the American swine distracted by our Vietnamese comrades and the promise of Chinese aid in such a struggle, it would seem that now is the time to strike! The Soviets are hardly wrong to urge caution, as their direct involvement could potentially mean an escalation to nuclear war, which all sides are eager to avoid, but the Soviets need not be involved at all, however, as Chinese assistance should surely prove enough. Though I have never served in the army in any capacity, I imagine that starting a war is a gravely serious proposition and with the lives of so many of our comrades at stake, any military action must be planned very carefully in concert with the Chinese. From a strategic standpoint, I would imagine we could plan out with the Chinese a rapidly executed and overwhelming assault on Seoul across the DMZ, quickly cutting off the head of our enemy before they have time to call for aid from the Americans. Similarly, we must prepare our anti-air defenses to prevent the devastation of our industrial capacity by strategic bombers as happened during the Fatherland Liberation War. One will wonder, however, how enthusiastic the Americans will be about propping up two repressive and illegitimate governments at the same time so far from their homeland. Given my youth and inexperience with military matters, however, I defer to the members of the army on how best to conduct such an operation. Should we prove successful, we should construct a monument worthy of the occasion so that history will remember it forever, and I only hope that you, Great Leader, would honor me with the task of designing it!”

To Col. Gen. Chi Mun-hee

The leadership of our most paramount leader has been a guiding light for all Koreans in the road to unity and socialism; the lantern holder illuminates the oppressed masses of the people with the light of Socialism, and for this, I will of course be eternally grateful. My loyalty to the Supreme Sun, like yours, is unyielding and eternal, and it is for the good of the Democratic People’s Republic that we must patriotically overthrow him.

For the good of the Democratic People’s Republic and the Democratic People’s Leader we must absolutely and categorically ensure that our leader is separated from the destructive influence of the imperialist cronies who call for war and from his children, who are like vipers and will strike any day. The Dear Leader himself must be preserved, for he is the foundation of the state, but for all means and purposes all executive power must belong to the sensible men of the military. All those not with us must be made subservient or failing this, liquidated.

While everyone runs around pretending that war is imminent let our most trusted men meet and discuss the possibility of a Loyalist seizure of power.

GM: All right, so, some changes and clarifications as the Supreme Leader reorganizes his hastily-made game and gets things started again.

1. Everyone should send their orders and all queries in a single thread, entitled SoN IV - <Character Name>. Do not send me orders or questions in multiple threads.

2. In light of general confusion, I'm asking that everyone who's interested send (or resend) one (1) order about the Blue House Raid and its aftermath. If you sent an order previously on the issue, resend it. Any orders not related to the Blue House Raid can be reused later for the general update. This event order will count against your total number of orders per turn, so if you want to keep both orders for unrelated stuff, don't send an order.

Please send in all event-related orders by 23:58 EST on Wednesday, March 5th.