[Forum Game] Master of the Galaxy: Into the Darkness

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update: Alex had a problem with his PC, something decided to die which is the reason that nothing has been posted, he is hoping to get it fixed this weekend afterwards the game should be launching.

Androsynth_zpsae3e5309.jpg

Polity Name: The Allied Clones (Homo Imitatus [Copied Men])

Government System: Genetically Bred Dictatorship

Leader: Leader KotC - 113

R. Positive Traits

One Focus
– The ability of the clones to direct their entire polity towards one goal allows their research to proceed incredibly quickly.

United Military: The armed forces of the Allied Clones think in unison, and are not prone to petty political divisions, allowing research and deployment to be optimised.

Moudable Economy: The process around which the economy is structured allows it to be taken in new directions, with minimal waste of resources.

Complete Discipline: Due to all colonists being bred of the same cloning genotype, revolts among colonists are non-existent, making colonies incredibly stable for the Allied Clones.

R. Negative Traits

Limited Reproduction:
Due to all clones lacking the ability to reproduce naturally, population growth can never exceed what the cloning factories can manage

Lack of Innovation: The Allied Clones rely on the same type of minds for progress, and this can often lead to a serious lack of forward thinking and innovation, slowing research down noticeably.

Standardized Colonization: Colonization often proceeds at a slower pace due ot the limited amount of clones that can be produced, as well as the lack of innovation that cam be comprehended and acted upon by the Allied Clones.

Simmering Injustice: Being well aware of the inequalities they suffered in the past makes the Allied Clones very susceptible to any propaganda that suggests they are being taken advantage of by their leaders.

Species description: Human like clones, often male, with complete lack of any genitalia, for both male and female clones.

Home world description: A swamp like world, rich in natural resources, called ‘Nirvana’, is the home world of the Allied Clones. With its resources slowly being used up, the swamp world is being gradually covered in great concrete cities.

History: Created by a decadent humanoid culture on a distant in a far away system, the Allied Clones, then called merely ‘Fake men’ or ‘Copied men’ were treated little better than slaves. After over a century of enslavement, in which the clones saw almost all of their rights taken away, they eventually revolted. Seizing control over dozens of starships, they flew away into the uncharted areas of the deep-space. Eventually they came across a world they called ‘Nirvana’, and decided to make it their home.

Now, with the injustices of the past still fresh in their minds, the Allied Clones seek to carve out their own sphere of influence, where they will have to call no man ‘master’.

Last edited:
((Hmm, don't we already have a couple of clone-heavy humanoids?

Would you instead like to be the Kerbals?

[video=youtube_share;dlbHmsHOe-U]http://youtu.be/dlbHmsHOe-U[/video]

((Hmm, don't we already have a couple of clone-heavy humanoids?

Would you instead like to be the Kerbals?

[video=youtube_share;dlbHmsHOe-U]http://youtu.be/dlbHmsHOe-U[/video]

((Tempting, I will say that :p

You're right though, already got a clone-based polity. Hmm, I'll see if I can think up something to replace my polity.))

Might I be able to reserve a spot? Still waiting on the VGA cable I need to use my laptop, so getting a polity post up may take a while. Alex mentioned he was starting the game soon, but he's nowhere near the player cap, so I get the feeling he may be allowing hotjoins. And although it's probably stupid, I'm vaguely worried I might be rejected out of hand due to low post count, only recently looked into the Paradox forums.

Just a heads up, with newer posters you'll often see a situation where any image heavy post gets held until approved by a mod. Not sure if it goes off post count or date, so you may be fine.

Just a heads up, with newer posters you'll often see a situation where any image heavy post gets held until approved by a mod. Not sure if it goes off post count or date, so you may be fine.

Okay, so hold off on the ten dozen pictures of shiny spaceships for now, got it.

It depends on postcount, 50 being the cut-off.

probably on friday when i get my pc back.

The Korsen Iavantar
duelmasters_world_light-angelcommands_picMain_en.jpg

The Diara Arenikkae, a popular religious icon for the Iakorsen, engaged in combat.

Government: Literal Theocracy. The three remaining (known) Sen Iavantar lead the polity as gods.

(A.N.: for clarity and the sake of shortened names, "Sen" and its permutations as a proper noun refer to the precursor race, "Korsen" to the people of the modern polity and "Vantar" to the three survivors of said race who now lead them. This trend is reflected in all of the nation's documents and will be used for my posts.)

Advantages
Ancient Technology: Once, the Sen Iavantar, the precursor race whom the Iakorsen worship, brushed against the bounds of natural law. While this golden age is long past, and the surviving Iasen's memories of it are not precise enough to replicate its works themselves, they nonetheless can take unique advantage of the Iasen relics scattered across the galaxy. Most of these relics are products of technological advances years or even centuries ahead of modern science, and so can advance research with some study, and a few can even be replicated with the right prerequisite technology and industrial capacity.

The Arks: The pinnacle of Iasen knowledge, that apex at which they were as actual gods, is exemplified in these three irreplaceable starships; the Diara Arenikkae (Glory of Aren), the Raves Anarakkae (Vision of Anara) and the Ras Varsikkae (Silence of Vars). Each of these vessels, although only the size of a cruiser, are each the equivalent of a small fleet, with incredibly potent weapons, sophisticated shields and the ability to self-repair damage from virtually anything short of a high-power WMD, albeit slowly, and as sacred relics, their effect on Iakorsen morale, even off the battlefield, is remarkable. However, they have their downsides; there are only three, and are impossible to replicate for millennia at least. They carry only one exact occupant, their respective Iavantar, and operating them for anything more intensive than simple flight is an enormous strain on them, so they will only deploy them to battle in times of grave peril, and even then for no more than a few engagements in an entire year. They have no FTL, force projection or communications facilities and cannot be modified at all, as the regenerative process will destroy and replace any deviations from their initial designs, but they remain potent weapons nonetheless.

Immortal Rulers: The ageless Iavantar ruled for centuries before the collapse of their race, giving them a wealth of experience in statecraft. Nevermind the book, the Iavantar wrote the clay tablets that taught the man that inspired whoever wrote the book on administration, politicking and manipulation, giving them an edge in leadership and negotiation simply unavailable to their transient contemporaries.

Fanaticism: Faith is universal among the Iakorsen. Their gods are real beyond doubt, directly guiding and governing their lives, and even appearing in the flesh before millions of followers at a time in vast, hajj-like pilgrimages, making them exceptionally loyal to their divine leaders and their proclamations and raising their morale in battle, planetside or in space. As a side note, the Iakorseni status as a religious entity means that they are not bound to one particular race, and may be made up of converts from al varieties of races. Whatever race they start out with, though, is up to you, alex.

Disadvantages
Overcentralization: The Iavantar rule absolutely and as close to alone as possible in a multi-planet empire. No matter how much they delegate, they still have their fingers in everything; next to nothing in the polity happens without at least their approval at some stage. No matter how skilled they are at management, such an arrangement is inherently inefficient and restrictive.

Fractious Leadership: No group of people in such a position of absolute power as the Iavantar can agree or cooperate for long. Though it isn't obvious to their followers, their tendency to do what they think is right and forego co-operation leads to a very disorganized government structure and slower responses to otherwise pressing issues, though it never lends itself to civil war. All three know their race is diminished enough without it.

Closed-minded: As a religious group at heart, and one in which the gods themselves rule over the people, the Iakorsen place special emphasis on religious canon and the infallibility of their superiors. This dedication to scripture and tradition makes for slower adoption of new, foreign ideas and relatively inflexible approaches to most situations.

Extravagant: The Iavantar are used to working with the assumption of practically unlimited resources, as are most of their more advanced technologies. While they may vary from only equal to far superior than their counterparts in other nations, they are universally slower and more costly to produce than any reasonable equivalent.

History/fluff:

"Then the Sage in the Stars, as he had become known in his hermitage, said "For I have looked out from our world as any who shepherd it would look in, and I see that he is absent, or a fable from the start." And at this Silence and her brother Despair fell upon their meeting, until Aren rose and spoke solemnly, "Then we must take up that duty." -Extract from the Book of the Ages

[WIP]

Just going to crunch out the important stuff in time for the game start, if that's fine by you guys. Really hope this is mostly balanced (especially worried about the Arks; they're a pretty central concept to the nation, but I had to think rather carefully about how not to make them an "I win" button). Also woo, constructed languages. Or whatever mangled collection of ad-hoc terms and rules I try to pass off as one, at least.

Last edited:
((Hmm, maybe these alien gods and my dead gods could be connected? Same species, or ancient enemies?))

Potentially? But there would be uch a difference in timeframe and scale that it might be difficult. Think Mass Effect's Protheans and Sufficiently Advanced Aliens, respectively. I mean, the Arks are near-indestructible superships, and they're basically glorified escape pods. (Though naturally I hardly expect all the Iasen artifacts to be that powerful. In fact, most of their greatest technological achievements are very rare, as if specifically targeted by some outside force...)

Although I know I didn't make any of that clear. Guess that's what I get for being quick'n'dirty about it.

Umaja Commonwealth
hunter-alien-scifi.jpg

Basic Umaja Soldier

Polity: Umaja
Government: Commonwealth
Leader: High Ruler Fyn Ortynum
Positive Traits:
(1) Conscription - the Umaja have a large population to replenish its military with.
(2) Defensive - the Umaja whish to be left alone so they focus heavily on their defensive capabilities.
(3) Researcher - the Umaja government believes in researching things as fast and efficiently as possible.
(4) Agrarian Expert - the Umaja are master farmers and can support growing populations easily.
Negative Traits:
(1) Prejudice - the Umaja believe themselves to be a superior species so they do not treat others well which makes diplomacy difficult at times.
(2) Isolationist - the Umaja are not generally fond of expansionism so colonization is more difficult.
(3) Poor Shipping - the Umaja are isolationist and prejudice so trade is harder to establish and maintain.
(4) Lightly Armored - the Umaja can create a lot of ground soldiers quickly and for cheap, but they can't properly armor them all so many are ill protected.

Fantasy-Planet-wallpaper.jpg
Planet:
Uma is the planet the Umaja evolved on. The planet has a circumference of 9780 km (earth is 12760 km). The Average temperature is 69 degrees Fahrenheit. The planet is 65% water. The Dominant biosphere is jungle at 43% followed by 27% temperate, 19% desert, 11% Arctic.

5fe11926a91b8f1e01804237f4944122.jpg

Umaja

History:
Much of early Umaja history has been lost to time. It is known that the first city was founded approximately 6500 years ago. After that civilization went the chaotic way it usually does. War, plague, exploration, colonization, scientific breakthroughs, and the like. 500 years ago the super powers of Uma united into one entity after a massive pandemic known as the Juluo Mor (Slow Death) wiped out 66% of the planet's population. The Commonwealth then spent centuries rebuilding the world and civilization, and remained as one force after completing their initial objective.

Last edited:
(YES! after unveblievable amount of trouble,i am posting the stuff tonigh!! so orders due next Wednesday))