[Forum Game] Guns and Sorcery: Forward unto Tomorrowland

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Much Needed Vacation

Sara placed her hand on the scanner, and the door to their hotel room slid to the side. She and Hayden were staying at the Aria, one of the finest hotels in the Paradisa District of the Corporation. Lights came on automatically as she entered the suite’s sunroom, which was filled with a beautiful set of furniture. The far wall was made of windows that showed the bright neon wonderland of the Silver Strip, glowing in the darkness. They had driven around the center in the cab toward the hotel. It had been ages since Hayden last time had flown with commercial airplanes, and he quickly remembered why he stopped, the horrible food, the cramped space, the children, oh god the infants and their crying.

Sara, having spent most of the day flying from Veodor didn’t bother to dress up, and wore a simple pair of jeans, a purple hoodie, and tennis shoes. She grinned as she looked out the window, before throwing her bag on a nearby couch and turning back to Hayden. “Quite a view, huh?”

He threw his bag at the end of the bed, going over next to her and looking out. “It certainly has a charm here in the evening.” he said as looked over the view, studying the various buildings and architecture. He wore a dark blue t-shirt and jeans and he was looking forward to changing after that flight.

“Almost makes you forget about how bad the Corporation really is.” She sighed running a hand through her hair and shaking her head. “Sorry, vacation, not supposed to be talking about that type of stuff.”

He chuckled as he turned towards her, smiling, as he placed his hands on her hips, looking into her eyes. “Hard to shut off that mind of yours huh?” He said before kissing her. “Besides, I hear rumours that you are working to change it, so with your brilliant efforts, I am sure the suffering will soon be but a memory.” And if not, then you will probably keep going until you manage to solve it.

“We can hope I suppose, if the powers that be actually let it do any good. Or if I can keep paying for it for that matter. Only a third of a way through the work and already I’ve burned through most of the money I made selling the patent.” She shrugged rubbing a hand absentmindedly on on his arm. “We’ll see, and for now we’ll just have to enjoy our well deserved breaks from work.”

“I'm sure we will.” He said with a playful smirk. “So now with work out of the way, bags off our hands. Shall we go see this wonderful district, and the odd people who no doubt live inside it.”

“Sure.” She nodded, going over to her bag. “Just give me a few minutes to change.” She dug through the bag quickly pulling out a few garments of clothing, a hair curler, and a makeup bag, hurrying into the bathroom. He went over to his own bag, finding a new shirt to wear, instead of the old one, he took a white one that Henry had given him for Tirva, he liked it quite a bit. He also found so cologne and put it on, hopefully not smelling badly as he laid down on the bed, and after five minutes turned on the tv. More news about Athine, a brief report on Rodrigo still being in the hospital, something about rising pollution in the Corporation docks, it was honestly quite boring news for the day. She exited the bathroom about twenty-five minutes after she entered it, dressed in a silver sequin dress that reached to just above her knees and heels and her hair had been curled, hanging down to her shoulders in ringlets.

As she exited the bathroom he looked at her with his lips curled into a smile. “Well you are certainly ready to hit the town.”

“Yep.” She laughed, as she walked over to Hayden. “That being said, I have no clue what there is to do out there, so this will be a bit of an adventure.”

“I wouldn't worry about that, according to the travelling guide they have everything for entertainment.” He said as he stood up. “Everything from clubs, restaurants, opera, movies to the more kinky side of fun.” He said with a laugh.” Well, let's go see this great adventure and see what happens.”

“Sounds pretty much like what I had expected then.” She smiled as she went to the door and placed her hand on the scanner, stepping aside, even as the door slide to open, and motioning for Hayden to go through. “Lead the way.”

“As you wish.” He said as he took her hand in his and went down to the street, catching a cab and they headed towards the city. They eventually reached the center and got out of the cab. Around them were an endless amount of stores. Clothes, shoes, electronics, jewelry, stores dedicated to only sunglasses and others to watches, some to bags and many more with just clothes in general. There were plenty of restaurants around serving all kinds of food, as well as food stands outside where you could buy much of whatever your heart desired. From ice cream, to burgers, to kebabs rolls and back to sweets with homemade chocolate. With the clubs beginning to open up, and some music starting to be played in some of them. “See anything you like?”

“I could eat,” she shrugged, looking around at all the shops herself. “Are you hungry?”

“I am.” he said while looking around at the shops. “I hate airplane food, so something eatable would be lovely, what are you in the mood for? Something fancy, something plain, something exotic?”

“Exotic sounds fun, and I don’t think either of us are dressed for a fancy meal.” She laughed, looking into several stores. Says the one in a proper dress, to the guy in a plain shirt.

As they walked around, Hayden eventually found a place making food from Takamagahara, it wasn't an overly big place, but it was beautiful and cozy inside, and a very expensive price tag on the food, but it smelled nice from inside and the food looked good. “How about here then?” he asked curiously.

“Oh, yes!” Sara said with evident glee as she saw the restaurant. “I haven’t had any good Takamagahara food since I came back to Veodor! And it’s more diversity for you, so win-win.”

They went inside and was lead to a table, the waiter giving them both a menu to look over. “Any recommendations?” He asked Sara after the waiter left. “How about the number 3, I have no clue how to pronounce, but it says it has some of everything.” Surely something must taste decent.

“That seems like a good choice to start. Have you ever had this type of food before?” She looked over her own menu as she asked the question.

“Not that I remember no, but might as well choose that as a place to start then.” He said with a smile as the waiter came over again.

“Would you like to order?” The waiter asked as Hayden looked towards Sara, waiting for her response.

Sara smiled at the waiter. “I’ll have the Gyutan Yawaraka Ni, with a glass of water and a cup of sake please.” She motioned her head to Hayden. “And he’ll have the Sanpuru no moriawase.”

Hayden nodded. “What she said.” With a slight laugh, whatever she said that is. “And with water and sake as well I guess.”

The waiter nodded and went off. “So what did you end up ordering?” Hayden asked.

“Beef tongue stirred in miso, with slices of radish, potato, spinach, and mushrooms.” She laughed, beef tongue Hayden thought to himself, yummy. “Try getting that in Veodor, especially down in Lucena.” She said

He laughed. “Not a common dish for sure.” He said and after a bit the waiter came back with their drinks, followed shortly by the food. Sara got a large plate with the beef tongue on top of the potatoes, mixed with the other ingredients in a brown sauce. For Hayden they came with several smaller plates, not much on each plate, but plenty in total to be full. There where everything from beef, to chicken and fish, to rice and potatoes and a piece of greenish stuff which had to be used to clear one's palate between each dish. Hayden took a chopstick and a bit of beef, tasting it as he began to eat. “Not bad.”

“It all looks very good.” Sara took a bit of her food and sipped her sake, before looking up at Hayden. “Did you hear about the assassination attempts against Prince Rodrigo and his brother a while back?”

“I did.” He said as he drank some sake, cleared his palate and tried the chicken. “Nasty business, I wonder if Althine was really behind it, or Caba had his hand in it. It's well known they hated each other. Or perhaps both took a part in it, they have rather aligned ideas about magic after all” Could make quite the interesting investigation to read about.

“Don’t remind me.” Sara said, wiggling her gloveless fingers unconsciously. “I went to see the prince, a little while after Tirva. He’d hardly had any medical care, because it was his uncle and brother’s decision to make, and they’d have left him there to die to secure their own power.” She grimaced, taking another sip of her drink. “It’s disgusting, how they act.”

“The price of power.” Hayden said drinking a bit of water. “Not really that surprising, it is politics after all.” He said before trying the fish. “I spoke with the king not long ago, I don't believe he had a part in it, but his heir Caba, I don't know, but according to the king then Caba would lose his inheritance when Taker died. Or the king lied, which I find equally likely.” Hayden looked up at her. “Will Rodrigo make it?”

She frowned, letting out a sigh. “He’ll not die from his wounds at least, I was able to work some magic over them, but they had been left untreated for so long, there was only so much I could do.” She paused for a moment to eat some more of her food. “Politics shouldn’t excuse that kind of behavior.” People who are not ready to pay the price, should not seek power in a world which assassinations and general power plays are the norm.

“Politics can excuse most if you just phrase it right.” He spoke in between his bites and he mixed some beef and potatoes. “I take it his wounds were bad then, a shame.” Hayden said, not moved an awful lot as he drank some more sake. “At least you were able to do some good.” Hayden looked quite forward to seeing Rodrigo eventually, considering the damages done to his body, and the rumours that his face was a mess. While Hayden wasn't fond of the man, he had not wished harm upon him either, and he wondered how visible the attack would be, as well as the effect on Rodrigo’s mental state.

“I suppose.” She continued eating. “What about your work? That caffeine replacement your company was working on, how did that go?”

“It's going good.” He said as he was close to finishing his food. “We have finished the drug, and gone through human testing. Severt has furthermore been expanded, almost by 50% in assets across Veodor for us to push the new product out to the street. We just need to make the right mix now and we can begin selling, with any luck it will net us some hundred million in income.” He said as he finished eating and leaned back, looking at her.

“That’s very impressive Hayden.” She sipped her drink again. “At some point I suppose all of Veodor will simply work for Severt and we will so Corporation 2.0, won’t we?” She smiled playfully as she said it.

“You say it like it's a bad thing.” He said while sipping more sake. “It should be quite interesting to see how it develops, if it succeeds then we plan to expand it into other nations quickly, taking use of the new branding.”

“So it comes out at last, our dear Hayden Severt seeks total world domination.” She laughed, finishing the last of her food. “What title will you take?” She rubbed her chin as she pondered the question. “Emperor, or is that perhaps too full of pomp?”

He laughed. “It's not quite enough, I always imagined, the great demi-god, oh glorious, genius Lord Severt. I feel it's more fitting.” He said as his laugh continued. “I will go pay, then lets see some more of the city” He said with an eager tone.

She took his arm and stood up, holding him in place. “This vacation is your gift remember? I’ll pay, you think of something fun for us to go do.” Sara laughed and walked over to pay their server.

As she eventually came back, he stood outside the restaurant waiting for her. “So then, its still a bit too early to go clubbing, and I fear I am too tired tonight for it anyway. So I will leave the choice up to you, we could go browse the stores, look at clothes, watches, sunglasses, dresses and so on. Or we could go to the purple strip, which should be quite interesting.”

Sara nodded along. “Agreed, we can save the clubs for a later time, but what’s the purple strip?”

“A street full of purple lights.” He said with a small chuckle. “Centuries ago the sailors would come here after they docked, they would then visit the lovely ladies at the strip, where they would have their stress relieved. It's pretty much a street with prostitution, sex shops, toys, outfits and all of that, an entire, lengthy street with it, girls showing off parading, hoping to gain customers.”

“You want to spend our Tivra vacation, a holiday to celebrate the apostle’s birth, visiting a street full of whores?” Sara folded her arms across her chest, staring at him incredulously. “Ok,” she laughed, breaking the facade. “This’ll be a good laugh.” Good, I was starting to get afraid for a moment.

“Heh, good.” He said as they started walking there, after some time they turned a corner and entered the street, purple lights all over. There were women standing in windows, with little to no clothes, signs advertising live viewing, several sex shops as well as clothing shops. As they slowly began to walk down the street Hayden began to laugh as he saw it before him, the streets were also crowded with people, with some going up to the doors here and there, to be lead away by one of the women in the windows.

Sara moved half a step closer to Hayden as they walked down the strip. “Is it everything you imagined it would be?” She asked, giving a half naked man a wide berth as he ran past them in the opposite direction.

He took her hand in his as they kept walking. “It isn't a let down, that's for sure.” He said as he smiled at her, he personally enjoyed it, finding the whole district widely amusing. As they walked past the windows, several of the women tapped on the glass, some signaling at Hayden, others at Sara and some at them both. “What about you?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” she said, looking in the windows of the buildings, “I suppose I just haven’t seen one I like yet. More people than I expected though.”

As they walked around, they passed more and more stores, Hayden eventually looking at a random one. “Shall we go inside and check?” He asked with a grin.

“If you’d like, but if I meet someone in there I get the room tonight.” She laughed, motioning for him to lead the way.

He laughed as they walked inside, it was a somewhat large store, but also fairly empty at the time. The store was split into several parts, some parts had outfits, underwear, lingerie, toys of varying degrees of interest and shape to peak people's interest. Hayden chuckled as they walked. “Quite interesting to have such stores open in the middle of street.” As he looked around. Then again, it was a special street.

“‘Interesting’ is certainly one way to put it.” Sara said, crossing her arms as she looked around, before going over to the outfits and holding a wildly inappropriate take on a nurses outfit in front of herself. “Do you think my patients would like this?” She asked with a chuckle.

“I don't think any would complain.” He said with a grin, walking over to her, picking up a male outfit for a cop. “I should go to all business meetings dressed like this, no one would dare refuse the police.” He looked at her for a moment, before he got a playful grin. “But hey, nothing wrong with looking for fun, I have a feeling you would be looking smoking hot in some of the things here.”

She smiled at let out a sigh. “Yes, but that is the case with anything I wear, it’s my curse really. You could throw me in a burlap sack like the women in Majeed, it would make no difference.” As she spoke she flicked through more of the outfits, giggling to herself at some of them.

“I fear you are right, we might have to test it.” He said with a chuckle as he looked at her going through the outfits. “Finding something that interests you?” He asks curiously.

“Not particularly, but look at this.” She pulled out one of the outfits. “Sexy garbage collector. Who is that for I wonder?” She laughed as she put it back and continued looking around.

“Someone who wants to send a message to their husband.” He said while laughing, and began walking around with her. “What about lingerie instead of an outfit then? If that is more your style when shopping for these things.” He said, stopping and looking, before he went over to her, kissing her neck and speaking in a low voice. “We could also head back to the hotel, it's getting rather late.”

Sara laughed and looked down at the watch that Hayden gave her for Tirva. “So it is. Why don’t you find a taxi and I’ll be right out?”

“Sure.” He said as he left her and the store, going outside, waiting a bit of time before finally getting a cab and waiting for her.

Eventually Sara exited the building and made her way over to the cab, a bag in her hands. She was blushing slightly as she closed the door and leaned forward to the driver. “The Aria Hotel please.”

“Yes ma’am.” He said and began driving. Hayden looked at her with a grin and began to chuckle without uttering a word, simply letting his mind wonder off.

Clothes lay around the bed, Hayden's shirt and jeans, Sara’s black and red lingerie, shoes, socks, all a mess around the bed as Hayden kissed her neck and shoulders, laying in bed with an arm around her, while his other hand ran down the side of her leg. “So, I was thinking that we could go visit some museums tomorrow, see how this Corporation evolved through history.”

Sara nodded, her right hand gently tracing small magical shocks along his arm. Hayden not entirely being able to decide if he liked or not. “That could be fun, but it will be what the Corporation wants its people to think history looks like, not the real thing of course.”

“But isn't that all history? It's always the victor that writes how it went down. We could also go look at some art if you prefer.” He said as his hand went up from her leg, over her hip and took a hold of her hand. “Or is there something you would rather go watch?”

She shook her head, shifting under the silk sheets. “No, I hadn’t meant that the museum was a bad idea, I imagine it will be an enjoyable day. I’m just be difficult again, you’ll have to get used to that.”

He chuckled as he smiled at her, and relaxed “I should be able to get used to this easily enough, and don't worry, we will have fun tomorrow, despite your at times dour look on things.”

Carthornia, February 12, 418

Jonathon Hurdorn yawned as he walked out the front doors of Durban Shipping's local administrative office. Coordinating all the shipments needed for the war effort as well as keeping civilian shipments at pre-war levels was screwing his sleep cycle. Cutting lunch break to 25 minutes sure didn't help either, now he only had enough time to the fast food joint across the street. He consoled himself by remembering it could be worse, the city could be a war zone like Harriston. He shuddered at the thoughts of the yellowskins raping and murdering anyone they could get their hands on. Savages hated the righteous so much they invade even while their own nation was in civil war.

Jonathon shook his head as he entered the fast food joint. No point getting riled up about things he had no control over. Helir would reward His faithful, and punish the blasphemers. All Jonathon had to do was play his part for Helir's chosen, the Exalted Prince. One Victory Meal later, and Jonathon found a table to chow down and prepare to continue his part for glorious Helir. Part way through his meal, his co-worker Clark Mildon took the seat across from him.

"25 minute lunch breaks are killer." Clark grumbled as he began to eat his meal.

Jonathon lazily replied, "Tell me about it."

"You hear about the nukes in the UST?"

Jonathon shook his head, "I thought it was just that city in Sicaria?"

"Nah, apparently the UST ignored the demand to withdraw their soldiers from our land and so Gurentsu and Ikaruga got nuked. Over half a million dead so far between them, and the numbers keep rising. But I heard Shin Kyoto was supposed to be nuked too. Makes you wonder if this is going to come back to bite us." Clark said the last part with far too much casualness for Jonathon's liking.

Wide eyed, Jonathon made a slashing gesture across his throat, "Don't say that, you want the Inquisition to come after you?"

Clark chuckled, "If the Inquisition killed everyone who didn't reflexively shout 'All Hail Althine' we'd have lost half the population when they raised taxes last year. Seriously though, I think they're being too trigger happy with the nukes, and if other countries can counter nukes, we'll be surrounded by enemies on an equal playing field."

Jonathon had his doubts that such talk was safe, but he couldn't get in trouble if he defended the government, could he? "I think the government is making the right decision. I hear it's like an old myth from thousands of years ago. There's a king who is complimented for being lucky enough to be born into power, and the king angrily forces the man who gave the compliment to sit in the king's throne, but with a sword hung over the throne, held only by a single piece of string. Constant impending doom. That's what they're going for with the nukes- make everyone else concerned about impending doom. And you shouldn't believe those rumours about other nations being able to shoot down missiles. That sounds like something from bad sci-fi."

Clark rolled his eyes, "They said the same about nukes themselves 30 years ago. And I'm familiar with the story of the sword of Damocles, but tell me something. In your analogy, is Althine the sword? The impending doom that has no mind of its own and only has power when someone sits on the throne? The King, who would relinquish his throne to prove a point? Damocles himself, who acts above his station? The story's nice, but it's about the demands of ruling over many, not about the literal impending doom of nuclear weapons. Moving away from the analogy, there's the question of how will other nations react? Three cities have been nuked over minor issues, and the Gallian invasion is still going on. You think the rest of the world will just twiddle their thumbs and let us act freely? There will be consequences for this if they aren't careful. Even if they are, it won't be long before every nation with sense builds systems to shoot down our nukes. Mark my words, these bombings have hurt us more than helped."

Jonathon was glancing around nervously and checking his watch, "Oh look at the time, only 7 minutes left of lunch break, we should head back."

Clark sighed, "Very well, keep blindly moving forward. Not like we could do anything anyways. Feel that way about everything lately. Maybe they'll find another mage soon. That always spices things up."

Jonathon grinned, "Man, I'd love for a mage to be caught now. Haven't been to the magocide square in years. I can barely picture the last time I saw the mages dissolving."

Clark shared his grin as they exited the fast food joint, "Yeah, that's always the best part. Thank Helir for magocide squares."

Chosen Profiles

Travis Lawrence - Central Temple

Travis Lawrence comes from a long line of Keepers that have been Keepers or worked for the Keepers for many generations; Lawrence can trace his heritage back to what is now the Republic of New-Life. Lawrence’s gifts are in diplomacy and negotiation, although he still is a skilled fighter like the other Masters. When it comes to high level negotiations or regulating heated discussion between the Keepers, Lawrence is often the one to do so, due to a combination of charisma and experience at 59 years old.

Ingram - Northern Temple

Ingram, the Chosen of the North, was looking as stoic and intimidating as he usually was. Even though Ingram would supervise and do research using the vast collection the Keepers had in their archive, he seems to also focus on protecting that knowledge. Even at the age of 62, he would have the title "The Steel Wall". Ingram was chosen for his dedication to protecting and utilizing the archives at the Northern Temple.

Baila Herschel - Western Temple

Baila Herschel, the Chosen of the West, was sitting at the meeting with a neutral expression on her face, being very professional during these meetings. Baila, an Ohevian from Veodor, is the most accomplished battle magic user out of all the Keepers. She has, in particular, pushed the application of wind magic at higher levels. At 50, she is the youngest Chosen of the current five and most certainly the one you don’t want to fight.

Kohaku Hashimoto - Southern Temple

Kohaku Hashimoto is one of the most accomplished weapon engineers the Keepers have today. She was part of a team, including engineers Jan Kowalski and Shouta Matsuoka, that created the first interchangeable CCM firearms in 2087 at the age of 41. Since then, Hashimoto has refined the designs further and interchangeable CCM firearms have been incorporated into many Keeper Replicas. Hashimoto became a Keeper partly for her continued support of advancing Keeper technology as well as her knowledge and understanding of it.

Brayden Darien - Eastern Temple

Brayden Darien, from the Commonwealth of Notosia, is known for being one of the best summoners of the Keepers currently, even if he is 66 years old. He’s a bit thinner then most Keepers, he has at his fingertips some of the most powerful familiars and magical beings the Keepers know of. Even though he has that great power, Darien prefers to use smaller summons that use less magical energy. Especially since Darien can get much more out of a summon than a Master, the little effects, over time, give him a great edge in combat. Darien was chosen due to his intuition on conserving strength.

((Author Notes:

What are CCM firearms? I'll go into more detail about how they work later, but basically it's a firearm using magic instead of bullets as ammunition. Which means you can shoot magic missiles all day long using one.

Power Ranking
This will be my list on who would be the most difficult Chosen to fight in a one on one fight. I must remind you that Chosen are also Keeper Masters and will have access to the same set of weapons (CCM firearms + Replicas) as well as magic (Combat, Healing, Blessings, Curses, Summons). It's already very difficult to take down a master in one on one combat. Also, keep in mind that Keepers tend to fight defensively and will stay alive even after it looks like they should've been taken down. (This is taken from Kingdom Hearts, where high difficulty gameplay involves not getting hit or only getting hit once before healing. Second Chance and Once More are critical skills that allow you to take a hit or a combo before dying.)

1. Brayden Darien

Darien is number one because he can use the two (arguably broken) summons that Keepers will often favor him in a fight: the fairy and the fawn. The Fairy (Tinkerbell from Kingdom Hearts 1, if you want what I'm basing off) will essentially heal you constantly while it's out in the field. Considering how defensively the Keepers play, this is already a huge annoyance to anyone trying to fight it. Fighting the guy that can use it longer than anyone else? No. Just no. The Fawn (Bambi from Kingdom Hearts 1) is similar to the fairy, except instead of constantly healing you, it constantly gives you magic energy (MP). And you know what that magic energy will be used for? Magic up the wazoo for anyone trying to fight Darien and constant healing. Because of the offensive application of longer summons, Darien is number one.

2. Baila Herschel

Baila is a specialist in wind magic. Wind = speed, therefore, she can play the don't touch me game for a very long time. The only reason why she's number two is because, while wind magic is quick and does harm people, it just doesn't compare to the potential damage and flexibility with free magical energy from the fawn. Plus, she can't use those summons as long as Darien.

3. Ingram

Ingram is a steel wall and it will take a very long time to take him down. At least he's not using wind magic to get away from you or abusing the summons as long as Darien can. You can chip away at him. It just takes a longer time then most fights with a Keeper will go, but it probably will be shorter (if you ever get to that point) than a fight with Darien or Herschel.

4. Kohaku Hashimoto

Unlike the three above her, Hashimoto can't use summons, stay away using masterful wind magic, or having absurdly high stamina. However, Hashimoto has been developing interchangeable CCM for a very long time and definitely has some tricks up her sleeves utilizing it in ways no other Keepers except the other designers would know of.

5. Travis Lawrence

Simply put, unlike the other four, Lawrence has no trick up his sleeve or distinct advantage in combat. I must remind you that he still is a Master, though, and would be a tough fight one on one.
))

Communication from Notosia to Althine

We have heard recently of your nuclear attacks against the forces of the league of Sicaria, and while we do not hold any ill-will towards your people, we do request that any further nuclear exchanges with the league will not be aimed at those cities within Notosian territory. As I am sure you can agree a nuclear exchange between us would be horrendous for both sides regardless of who eventually ends up on top.

- Signed Arthur Fitzroy, New Foreign Minister of Notosia

A New Regime
He hadn't been out of the hospital for more than a day when the news hit him like a biblical flood. King Teker was dead. The old man had finally kicked the bucket after thirty years of rulings Veodor and eight years of battling consumption. Now he stood over the casket of his uncle Teker al Nasir, the freshly embalmed corpse. "You ever wonder why they bother embalming them?" Carlos asked lazily looking down.

"So the family won't see a rotting cadaver at the funeral." Rodrigo stated flatly.

Carlos shrugged in response. "You know what this means don't you?" Rodrigo just nodded his head gradually. "Any big plans for the betterment of our house then?"

"I'll be too busy running the country to focus on our single house. I will need someone to act as steward of House Razquin for me though." As Rodrigo said this there was a twinkle in Carlos' eye, a spark of ambition. "Only missing ingredient is someone I can trust." He turned to his brother. "Can I trust you to do what is best for the house in my absence?"

"Of course brother anything for you." he replied in a gracious tone. All Rodrigo could think of was how this would keep Carlos busy for a while, and hoped the fratricider wouldn't try to gain the crown too. With that settled Rodrigo left his brother to lead the funeral as he had an important flight to make.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The coronation will be held where it always was, Iboure on the Isle of Ece. It was here after all the greatest clerical structure in Veodor was. Rodrigo would be crowned in the large open central chamber between the three separate wings of the vast complex, each wing being for the three different Apostilic faiths - Munkarian, Mydaielish, and Onoelish. Here the three religious heads of would each agree to crown him, giving Rodrigo ‘divine right’ to rule.

This central chamber was in a large, ancient, Baptisten basilica, the remnants of an old cathedral. It dated back to the time of martyrs, which is why the area was sacred one of the worst incidents of all three religions being culled occurred here under Fredrik the Mad. Today the cracks and char marks had been renovated long ago.The walls were kept up by Apakite arches, simple pillars with multiple arch heads stacking atop one another with intricate carvings and paintings on them. Towering walls with stained glass windows depicting the time of martyrs stretched toward the central area. It was a classic Ohevian dome format, the inside covered in bronze plaques depicting the various deeds of the Apostle and works of God. Natural light shone through a hole in the center onto where the main coronation area would be.

It was not a large ceremony, only a few hundred inside and the thousands outside. This particular coronation was rushed as recent word of nukes being flung around haphazardly caused many to spring to action never before seen. As always with Veodor, its people only get along when there is a common threat, and the madness of Althine was an international concern. As the twin organs on the sides of the open space played loudly Rodrigo wondered how his reign would be.

Rodrigo had already been experienced from running House Razquin, but the whole of Veodor was very much a different beast. He pondered when his next assassination attempt would be, and which one would be successful. Would any of his dreamed of reforms make it through parliament, or has fate already decided he would be a king of war. Not one of his own choosing but of defense from the barbarians to the South, or in defence of allies from the savages to the East. These thoughts raced as fast inside the prince as did his heart.

Keeping his noble bearings Rodrigo Razquin kneeled before the three old men who had been standing in the center. One was the Chief Rabbi of the Onoelish, the other Prime Cleric of Mydaielish, and the third the Great Imam of Munkarian. Each said something in ancient tongue that no one here would really understand, a traditional saying.

To paraphrase it just meant “Oh lord give this man strength for heavy is the crown upon the brow. May he carry it with humility and walk forever in the light of your grace. And, should he prove sinful in the light of our shared god may he be struck and a new anointed take place.” Rodrigo stayed with his head bowed as the Prime Cleric poured blessed olive oil over his head. Then the Chief Rabbi sprinkled holy water from an olive branch upon him while wafting incense. The Great Imam was last and he cupped the soon to be king’s face and chanted a small prayer, then they all at once placed the crown upon his head.

Upon their command to rise King Rodrigo did so. Turning to the crowd he gave his own line, each king was meant to. King Teker had said ‘I will make this nation great!’, the last Razquin king claimed ‘My House will reign supreme!’. Now it was Rodrigo’s turn. As he stood there with holy oil fresh on his brow and holding his head high he shouted loudly, as they refused to use a microphone for the ancient ceremony. “Under me our enemies will know fear, and our people unity!” This got a huge roar from the people as it addressed two age old concerns that history showed always plagued Veodic kings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that the ceremony was complete. Many of the guests moved to go to a different part of the vast building complex where they would mingle and party, toasting to their new king. Rodrigo entered the large room, it had shiny marble flooring with a rosary in the center of the room. The window weren’t stained glass here and where tall letting in plenty of natural light, it was only midday after all. Chandeliers hung from the sealing, and guests danced like they were at a ball. Rodrigo could not remember from his collegial history lessons which Prime Cleric it was but one of them enjoyed parties and added a few extravagant halls like this one. Thankfully it meant post coronation parties did not have to travel far.

Sara was attired elegantly but simply, wearing a white dress trimmed with light blue, her head covered with a small light blue hat. She didn’t wear her magitek gauntlets as she usually might to one of these events. At the back of her head, beneath her hat, her auburn hair was noticeable. She pulled Hayden along with her up to the newly anointed king, a smile on her face. “Your Highness, it’s good to see you outside of a hospital bed. How are you feeling?”

Hayden bowed before the king, wearing a black tuxedo, as well as sunglasses, attempting his best to hide how tired he actually looked, and slightly red eyes. “Your Majesty.”

King Rodrigo stood there with his crown and the ceremonial attire; a purple and gold robe, with traditional armor underneath. Needless to say while it was dashing and easy to move in, it didn’t breathe well. “Sara, Mr. Severt” He said bowing his head slightly, not fully as he feared the crown would fall off. He stood rather dignified despite the grotesque scarring on his face from the incident.

“Oh, right!” Sara curtsied to the king. “Sorry. That was a splendid event by the way, and the church is beautiful.” She looked around the room to take in the sights some more.

Hayden smiled. “Indeed, I hope the crown fits you well, I fear you would have trouble returning it if it's not to your liking.” He looked around at the people gathered. “I will admit, I'm surprised all of them managed to show up with such short notice, but then again, this only happens once in a lifetime.”

Rodrigo motioned for them to follow as he walked to a window looking out over the main courtyard of this dormitory area for the clergy. “I’m honestly surprised I made it here myself between the hateful protesters at my uncle’s funeral, equal part against him and I, and the rush over here. The King stifled a yawn. “Well I was already thrown into the deep end after father’s untimely demise and had to take over. This should be treated no differently. Despite the maniacs with nukes that is.”

“It is quite the same, I hope that the conflict with Althine can be resolved peacefully, and if not then at least not outright war until we have a proper missile defense.” Hayden shook his head. “I would prefer not having to deal with the destruction here in Veodor as well.”

“Peacefully? I’d doubt it,” Sara scoffed, following the king’s gaze out over the courtyard. “How many people did they kill because one of their boats got blown up? They’re completely insane.”

A low bass chuckle escaped the king. “Without a doubt. Still I cannot rush into a war with a nuclear power. They are what science terms a super predator. With those nukes they have no natural enemy and thus are left to roam wild and devour everything in their path until there is nothing left but cannibalism and squalor. But like any predator the best way to dispose of it is to wait. Once it is fat from an easy kill it will sleep that is when you walk up and unload every bullet you have in its head.” There was a coldness to the king as he spoke, his left eye closed serenely as he imagined the scenario, and the right own dead white and open.

“We can still hope.” Hayden responded slightly irritated at Sara’s response. Before looking over the courtyard. “While waiting for the beast to sleep has its merits, then it takes time, they still have plenty of nukes, not to mention the damage it will cause before they have gone to sleep. A million or so already dead, just as many if not more wounded, and many people who lost their homes and lives, an act needs to be done before, not just stand as a janitor and sweep up the ashes later.”

“I must look to Veodor’s safety first. I assure you wanting to invade them and leave their own cities in ash is one of the many things I thought about trapped in that hospital. Still I must ensure Veodor will have some degree of security once that invasion happens. For now my people do not.” Rodrigo looked down solemnly. “Unless you have some special device cooked up I cannot endanger our own cities just yet.”

“A fair stance to take, so long as action will be forthcoming.” Sara crossed her arms. “They are a threat to every person on the planet as things stand now.”

Rodrigo crossed his arms at this. “That fact is most assuredly not lost on me, remember the previous metaphor on them being a super predator that will only leave squalor and cannibalism in their wake. Just like an animal they won’t realize this before it is too late and they are forced with no one else to engorge on but each other.” He raised a finger “If, no one does anything of course. Veodor is doubtfully the only nation that views them negatively.”

He looked back at them both for a moment. “You should both be deeply ashamed of what you just said.” Hayden said before crossing his arms. “A fair stance to take?” He said looking at Sara before turning towards the king. “Turning their cities to ash?” He breathed out heavily. “This is not a regime change of which either of you speak. It's the destruction of cities, turning them to ash, the death of millions, the orphaning of children, the destruction of homes, the end of people's lives, nothing justifies that. Their brutality cannot justify yours, or either of your opinions, or you are not better if you wish for the destruction of innocent people.”

“Your opinion of me means is as irrelevant as my opinion of you Mr. Severt.” Rodrigo said dryly. “You can take the moral high ground but the enemy won’t. There is no such thing as a just war, or an easy one. Best case scenario is a quick end, even the sycophantic Althines know this, hence the use of nukes. They cling to this device religiously as that is the only threat their military has posed in decades.” Rodrigo kept looking out of the window absentmindedly. “So go ahead think of me as some irredeemable monster who doesn’t know the value of life. Go warn the saintly Althine if you wish I’ll purchase the plane ticket myself.”

Sara fidgeted slightly as Hayden made his comments. “Perhaps I should have been more clear, I meant it was fair to wait to take action until our cities are safe. No one wants to kill people that we do not have to.” She looked at Hayden sadly. “But they kill my people Hayden, for sport or amusement or whatever you would call it, they make it a festivity. That’s not just the regime at fault, the people welcome it, you can’t deny that.”

“Clearly his Majesty does.” Hayden said with a lack of patience for this. “You think it's justifiable, if so then you are no better than Athine and you truly deserve each other. A shame that it is not the leaders that duel in an arena for victory, but the people who suffer. With any luck the war might be different this time around, no soldier's life is worth it, if you show no emotion to the people on the other side. They have not harmed you, and that you wish them death is a sad thing indeed. And while the people might make it a festivity, then it still doesn't justify it, an eye for an eye makes the world blind, and at this rate we will be blind, dumb and deaf within the next decade.”

“The world is already blind” was all the king said. He had no care for the man that sat there judging him, he was judged everyday and people saw the kangaroo court that was the media. Rodrigo understood war with Althine was inevitable, he simply didn’t pretend like Mr. Severt probably did. If the new king had no love for life he wouldn’t have spent such a long time trying to gain equality for the Voliere, the Iljun, the Mages, hell why would his first instinct had been to take a grenade for a complete stranger. Still as previously stated Mr. Severt’s judgment meant nothing to Rodrigo, and Rodrigo’s opinion of the man meant nothing to him. It just seemed Rodrigo was the only one polite enough to not be completely rude.

“What would you suggest then Hayden? You can’t deny that at least the regime of Althine is a threat to the world, if they hide behind their people will you allow them to continue?” Sara stared at him curiously.

“Speak with the diplomats from the surrounding nations, do a joint declaration condemning them, do economic sanctions if they do not halt the production of their nuclear weapons. If they continue and they respond in force to this, then do a joint invasion, with the sole aim of a regime change, and no destruction of cities.” He said flatly.

“A joint invasion that wouldn’t destroy cities… cute.” The King turned to the man that had so boldly been giving him an earful. “Death happens, it always will, always has. I’m not a fan of it, but guess what jackass? My feelings on the matter mean as little as yours. Althine will keep nuking people, others are going to invade and will have to just to try and enforce a nuke restriction. Those fuckers have already nuked several neighbors as I’m certain you well know, and have already decided to play a hand in the politics that shape our country.” He pointed to the grotesque scar on his face. “Your idolized thought that this won’t end in blood is quite simply…” He paused for effect. “Something I envy” Rodrigo said before turning back to look out at the sky again.

Hayden simply laughed at his words. “Every war has death, every invasion has destruction, but that does not justify a cold heart, and a careless nature towards those who suffer from your decisions.” Hayden just shook his head. “I am truly sorry about the grenade, I had hoped the explosion could have warmed you up, but I see that it has not.” He looked at Rodrigo, disappointed. “What a king, now I am sorry, but I feel that if I stay I will catch a cold.” He said as he left.

Sara looked after Hayden as he left, utterly shocked and dismayed. She frowned as she turned back to Rodrigo and shook her head. “I’m sorry, he doesn’t mean that, he has just been very busy lately, I don’t think he’s been getting much sleep either. It’s just the stress.”

Rodrigo turned his head and smiled kindly at her. “It is so no nice of you to lie for him Sara. Do not worry I have had my own close family attempt to kill me after all it isn’t like one stranger is going to get under my skin. He wanted a fight, he really didn’t get it. Sad I’m not the monster he paints me as as he’ll walk away unharmed or molested, unknowing of all the guards that would have killed him with a single head nod. By the way you how have you been?”

“I am not…” she started to object, before hanging her head slightly. “Thank you Rodrigo, er, can I still call you that now?”

“Why not you weren’t the one scolding the monarch at his own coronation party.” Rodrigo responded to her.

She sighed. “I’ve been well enough, my work has kept me busy, but I took a vacation recently which helped I suppose. That and worrying about Althine has occupied most of the last few weeks to be honest. I just can’t understand how Hayden can be so naïve, as if their response to sanction wouldn’t be the threat of using nukes, or that a joint invasion would prompt the same reaction, but to multiple countries. As I said, they’re clearly insane.”

“Well as he has often stated. He is not politician and has no desire to be one, so why would he understand that. I’m sure he is pragmatic in business, yet politics is a lot colder it has to be. I sign a bill that flops millions are left without jobs, one wrong word on television and half the country will want my head. Not saying my job is harder just a different mindset is required to survive in it.” He shrugged.

“I suppose.” She stepped closer to Rodrigo, examining his face more closely, raising a hand to touch his wounds lightly. “How are they feeling? I’m sorry I couldn't do more.”

The king waved her questions off. “Hardly the most pressing issue. Besides you did far more than any other had I am still grateful for your kindness.”

“It was the least I could do.” She laughed quietly, folding her hands at her waist. “It’s really not even all that bad. Aside from that, how have things been, I know that your uncle was not your favorite man, but still…”

Rodrigo looked down for a moment clenching his fists then released them. “I’m not even sure myself.”

“That’s understandable I suppose.” She frowned. “It’s a shame, what politics does to people.”

“Anyway shouldn’t you be after you significant other?” King Rodrigo asked her. “Perhaps he has calmed down by now?”

“I probably should, yes. It was nice seeing you again Rodrigo, I hope that you enjoy your party.” She curtsied slightly before heading off in the direction that Hayden had left in. The King just kept staring out the window. Very soon he would be far too busy for events like these so he should have been mingling more, yet he simply had no taste for it anymore.

Communication to the Commonwealth of Notosia

The trade links between the Commonwealth and the Exalted Principality of Althine are highly valued by the Exalted Prince, and we would not jeopardize it by making an example of Sicarian cities within Commonwealth territory. The city we chose to launch a nuclear warhead against, Krokia, is within Sphere territory, which we had been led to believe were an enemy of the Commonwealth, making our actions beneficial to Notosia. With Sicaria bowing to our demands, there will be no further danger of nuclear weapons being discharged against their cities. Provided they do not act against the Exalted Principality of Althine again. And, of course, in the event of full war with Sicaria, we would be unable to ignore any of their cities, but such a declaration would not be one to be taken lightly, and it is believed that Sicaria has learned the folly of challenging the might of Althine.

-Telinar Vilkar Guime of the Althinian Foreign Office

Communication to Althine

We thank you for your cordiality in response. It is glad to see our current foundations of trade being valued. We hope our message did not come across as a threat, the intent was merely that of a quizzing reminder, of which we can safely say has most graciously reassured us. We thank you for your guarantee promising no action against those Sicarian cities within our borders, and hope we can continue to communicate in the utmost positive of relations.

- Arthur Fitzroy, Foreign Minister for Notosia

Keeper Philosophy and Principles (Explained in Quotes)

“Hesitation to do something right is wrong; keep your mind open to all possibilities to be right.” - Linden Ely

The Keepers always try to do what is right; they do not simply let the helpless suffer without considering any ways they can help. But just because they want to help out doesn’t mean they always can ...

“The greater your light is, the more the darkness will surround you.” - Keeper Knight Ciel

The Keepers, who have been a charitable organization and have done so for generations, have been able to stay alive by attracting as little attention from their enemies as possible. They also know that they cannot protect everything at once; they simply don’t have the resources or the right circumstances to do so. Ultimately, this cautious mindset has kept them alive for generations.

“Under the right conditions, a single spark can start a fire.” - Aggi

The Keepers like to think that, even when they are gone, their legacy will continue inspiring more people to protect the helpless. But what will they be in a thousand years? They don’t know the answer either, which is why they live by the rule of one. As long as there is one Keeper, their legacy shall be protected for future generations to learn of.

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” - Lord Dalberg

“Driven to protect something, our emotions are a controlled flame, just where you need it; driven by revenge, our emotions are an uncontrolled wildfire, burning everything around it.” - Chosen Caecilius

The Keepers exercise their control of their power by having something to protect. They believe that when we protect something, we are restraining our power and knowingly keeping it from doing more than we want it to. Revenge only makes it harder to control that power. That doesn't mean that the Keepers shouldn't feel vengeful, angry, or hateful; they are only mortal. They instead come to terms with their emotions and not let them control their actions.

This is also why the Keepers guard the Keys; the Keys are powerful and, in the wrong hands, have the potential to tear down cities and civilizations.

“Talent is yet another excuse to not practice.” - Master Keeper El-Amin

The Keepers also value hard work. Just because you’re a natural in something doesn’t mean you are a master. Masters work to keep their skills honed.

“I vow to always protect the Keys from any who would abuse them no matter what.

I vow to always try and protect the helpless from those who would abuse them.

I vow to always exercise caution and be diligent when protecting the helpless.

I vow to always never act on vengeful feelings.

I vow to always be the one who never loses faith in anything.

Evermore onward, this is the oath I swear.” - The Oath of the Keepers

In the initiation of a new Keeper to the order (who is usually given a few days to see what being a Keeper is like), the Keepers will swear by the principles discussed earlier (hard work is an unspoken rule). At the end, the new Keeper will declare that they will swear by this oath, knowing full well that these principles will forever be a part of their life.

Even if they become disgusted with the Keepers and swear to never live by the oath again (which has happened before), they still are influenced by the teachings of the Keepers. Thus, this serves the basis for “Once a Keeper, always a Keeper.”

((Edit: Explained a bit more on the revenge and power quotes.))

Last edited:
To: yxshotur@12258370ojhu.al

118151518, 1621. 282315827. 268 4218 4264218 189 28182421 234158172322 26122311 114614121710. 23118218918218, 268 218202482223 2311423 281824 1181519 2422 26122311 417 122222248 189 18242122. 422 281824 15121481528 14171826, 268 4218 2225182117 81781612822 189 23118 B58187126. 268 42214: 62184238 4 2512212422 2311423 6417 2612198 182423 23118 B58187126 191826821 1021127. 281824 4177 28182421 6182618211482122 26121515 58 194127 533C/ 24191817 618161915823121817. 231141714 281824.

Fights and Feasts

Sara hurried out of the church complex and over to where Hayden was pacing, holding her flowing dress in her hands to keep from tripping. When she approached him her face was red with anger and embarrassment and she stared at him with disbelief. “Hayden, what was that?! That was the king you were talking to!” Despite her general feelings towards politicians like most Ohevians Sara had a healthy respect for nobility.

He turned to her, anger clear on his own face. “Was that what I saw? nah. An uppomped child holding his uncles damn scepter, the king? Really the fucking king? To speak with such a fuckign disregard!”

“He could have had you arrested, or worse Hayden! Don’t you realize that?” She huffed, folding her arms across her chest. “Whatever you might think you can’t talk to him like that. If he were Caba or Carlos you’d probably be in jail right now!”

“I can talk to him however the fuck I want, he never gave the old king the proper respect, why should I give him?” Hayden said as he shook his head and continued pacing about, before throwing his hands in the air. “What a glorious start to a reign, kings first act, kills billionaire due to different values of human life. What a grand beginning, he can arrest me if he wants, he can try for all or care, or even freaking kill me, should be a glorious entertainment for Caba or Carlos as they see him fall! Oh what a beginning!”

“You act like important men haven’t been punished for insulting the king before. I’m not even saying that you’re wrong, just please, don’t do that again.” She implored him, growing annoyed with his behavior.

“I don't give two shits for him!” He exclaimed. “You apparently like him well enough for what god awful reason, certainly enough to stay back and ensure his fucking feelings aren't hurt!”

Sara looked shocked for a moment before her face reddened again, feeling that that was an unnecessary shot and she certainly didn’t like the implication. “I stayed back to make sure he wasn’t going to have you arrested! And yes, I do like him, he’s not nearly so bad as you make him out to be Hayden. He’s a politician sure, but that doesn’t stop him from being a good person!”

“A good person? that's a good person in your eyes?” Hayden said with a mix of disappointment and sadness on his face, and clear in his eyes. “He carelessly spoke about the death of millions as if it was nothing, the destructions of cities. I have spent the last weeks walking among hell trying to help people, and he is willing to put more people through that without a second thought. You even seemed to agree with him.” He said with nothing but sadness in his voice.

“You think you’re the only one that wants to help people? To not see them hurt without cause? I’m a doctor Hayden!” She yelled, her anger growing as she watched him wallow in his holier-than-thou attitude. “But that doesn’t mean I’m naive, a sanction or a joint invasion just means more nukes will get used! I was agreeing with Rodrigo that we need to ensure the defenses of our cities, not that we need to massacre the Althinians! And Rodrigo only said he thought about turning their cities to ash, when he was in the hospital, after they tried to assassinate him!”

“And an invasion will also have us nuked, no matter what we will be nuked at this rate. We build shields, they build missiles to penetrate it, it's a never ending circle.” He leaned up against a tree, rubbing his forehead. “Clearly he doesn't only think of it when he is in a hospital bed, if it wasn't something he had thought long about, then he would bother mentioning it now. He comes from a family that kills each other so they can wear a purple shirt, do you think he will be more merciful to foreigners threatening that? It wasn't just that he thought of it, it was the pure disregard afterwards, he simply didn't seem to care at all. I have spent billions of dollars, I have spent countless man hours, a countless amount of time, trying to help people in need, only for him to ridicule it, not once did you speak in support of it, not once for a peaceful solution or trying to find an alternative way than war, not once.”

“Hayden, I support what you’re doing, you know that! But if Veodor doesn’t do something this is how you’ll spend the rest of your life. Althine has shown that they’re willing to use these weapons over the slightest provocation, to hold the lives of millions of people at ransom. Maybe I’m just not as smart as you are ‘great demi-god, oh glorious, genius lord Severt’,” she said the title with derision, tired of the argument and how he was treating her, “but I don’t see how you deal with a country like that peacefully, they...their leaders are not good people.”

“How dare you, how the hell dare you?!” He said as he turned and looked at her in disbelief. “I told you about the diplomats, I mentioned it in…” He closed his eyes and put his hands up, shaking his head before taking two steps backwards and turning around, walking away.

“Hayden!” She yelled as she followed after him. “What diplomats? Your joint condemnation? Althine won’t accept it, they’ll use their nukes again! Just look at Sicaria, because they didn’t pay for a new boat!”

With his sunglasses in hand he turned around point at her for a bit of time. His hand shaking with a mix of anger and sadness, his eyes red, a tear could be seen forming up in one of his eyes. Before he just raised his hand in defeat. “I’m sure you're right.” He said before sighing, shaking his head. “Argh!” He screamed as he threw the sunglasses against the a nearby wall, making them shatter, before looking at her, shaking his head again. “Just forgot it.” As he turned around and continued walking with his head down.

The anger suddenly drained from Sara’s face as she watched Hayden, suddenly replaced with a deep sadness as she followed after him once again. “I...Hayden I’m sorry.” She hurried up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I know these past few weeks have been hard, everything you’ve seen. Are you ok?” She asked with concern, realizing she hadn’t thought to before.

He sat down, leaning up against a car on the side of the road. “No, not really.” he said shaking his head. “I have barely slept, I have run around nonstop, ensuring medical supplies, food, shelter for the desolate people after this mess.” He breathed for some time without speaking. “I had so looked forward to this, a weekend where I could sleep, where I didn't have to worry, just spending it with you and relaxing. Then for this whole mess, to have to speak with that fucker, to fight with you.” He looked at her in disbelief as the tear finally rolled down his cheek. That title, that name, how could you?” He shaking his head before placing his hand over his eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she said quickly as she sat down next to him, folding her hands on the skirt of her dress. “I was angry, you were acting like I wanted to see millions of people killed, like Rodrigo and I were just heartless monsters. I didn’t mean...I shouldn’t have said that.” As her voice trailed off she looked over at him from out of the corner of her eyes, her head still pointed forward.

“It's fine.” He said, looking at her for a moment before up at the sky. “I’m sorry, I shouldn't have blamed you, I know you don't want to see them suffer.” He meant it, that was clear, but at the same time it could be sensed that he simply wished to forget it.

Sara sighed, sitting beside Hayden in silence for a moment before standing up again and straightening her dress. She offered him her hand a small smile on her face in an effort to cheer him up. “Come on, there’s a restaurant just around the corner that my aunt and uncle would take me to after church when I would visit. Let’s go get something to eat and forget about all of this for a while?”

He looked at her for a moment before taking her hand and nodding. “Alright.” He said as he stood up.

Sara nodded and led him down the street, around the corner, and into a small restaurant, with only a dozen little tables. She said nothing until they seated themselves, still not meeting his eyes, but glad that they were no longer fighting. “I haven’t been here in a long time, but it used to be good at least.” She had never much liked going to church at the grand cathedral, but eating here had always made it worth it.

He nodded as he sat down, looking around at the restaurant, relaxing in the chair. “Let's hope it hasn't changed.”

As he spoke a Voliere came out of the back room. His features closely resembled those of a parrot, and his feathers were a bright green, trimmed with yellow. He smiled as well as one of his kind were able to when he approached the table. “Sara ben Ishak! I haven’t seen you in years! Your aunt and uncle still come in every week though, my very best customers. How are you? Who is this, don’t tell me you’re already married?” He gestured to Hayden.

Sara smiled at the avian man. “I’m doing well Mr. Jetjirawat, thank you. And no, he’s not my husband, this is Hayden Severt. How are you doing?”

“One really can’t complain, business is good, my children and grandchildren are all healthy, I’m well. Can I get you your usual?” She nodded and he turned to Hayden. “Hello Mr. Severt, it’s a pleasure to meet one of Sara’s friends, what can I get for you, anything you can think of, it’s no trouble.”

“Just what her usual is.” He responded quickly. “And a beer.” Before offering him a quick smile, and look away in the other direction.

“Of course sir, right away.” The voliere hurried back behind the bar and brought back a beer for Hayden and red wine for Sara. “On the house, your food will be out shortly.” He left them and went back to the kitchen as Sara took a slow sip of her wine.

Hayden took the beer, drank a bit as he looked towards a painting. “Seems like a nice man.” He said while keeping his eyes on the painting, looking at its features. “So, what is the usual?”

“Smoked salmon and lemon risotto.” She answered before looking at him more closely and noticing his distraction. “What’s wrong?”

“Just about everything, wouldn't you say. The destruction, the death, I don't know what; I have just been feeling like shit as of late.” He said drinking some more beer. “Haven't seen Isabella in ages either.” He said with a deep frown.

“Perhaps you should make some time to do that then?” She offered, not really sure what to say. “I’m sure she would love to see you just as much as you want to see her. The world will survive if you take a day off to spend with your daughter.”

“Probably, but it's not just a single day, I want to spend more time with her in for more than a day. In between running around, trying to help, I fear I am dropping her on the floor instead. Louiza is pregnant as well, apparently with that baron’s son.” He shook his head. “Just feels that Isabella has a family, and that I am not a part of it.” He said as he drank some more. “Heh, I don't even know where my home is anymore.”

Sara shifted in her seat as he spoke, before laughing weakly. “Isn’t one of the perks of being Hayden Severt that home is wherever you want it to be?” She shrugged. “I’m sorry that you feel that you’re not a part of Isabella’s family, but I can just about guarantee that she would want you to be, nothing’s stopping you but yourself.”

“I suppose.” He said and yawned. “It is about time that I involve myself more into her life.” He looked at Sara for a moment. “One of the perks huh?” He said before looking back at the painting, taking another slurp of the beer. “I guess, but there isn't a place that I own that is worthy of being a home, it's old statues, lifeless objects and boring paintings.” He chuckled to himself. “Perhaps I should get a dog.”

“Perhaps.” Sara repeated, the slightest disappointment in her voice before the owner arrived at the table with their food.

“Your food sir, madam.” He placed the plates in front of each of them, both featuring a delicious looking serving of salmon and risotto. “Enjoy.”

Hayden nodded to the owner, before shaking his head when he had left. “I didn't mean it like that.” He said as he took a bite.

“Didn’t mean what?” Sara asked, slowly picking at her food.

“The whole family thing.” He said as he sat back in the chair looking at her. “I have you, or at least I like to think so, but we don't live together, after the vacation, and today when I returned back from Krokia. All that was there was an empty house, after spending weeks in a hotel room, it just.” He sat thinking for a moment. “An empty house to return to, that isn't a home.”

“Then why have it remain empty?” Sara asked, having put her fork down and looking closely at Hayden.

Hayden shrugged, looking at her. “There just haven't been a right time to change it yet. The entire mess tonight kinda, shall we just say didn't give a proper chance to bring it up.”

“I understand that I suppose, but I’m sure it will work out when you think the time is right.” Sara sipped her wine slowly. “Or there’s always the dog,” she laughed.

He had a quiet laugh. “Perhaps both could help do wonders as well.” He said, looking at her with a smile. “With any luck then perhaps it will be you picking me up at the airport next time, Henry could use a day off.”

She smiled back at him. “You would only need to call and ask. Or I could always go along with you, I’m sure there’s something I could do to help those poor people.” She began to slowly start eating her food again.

“Probably a lot you could do, if you have the time.” He took a bite before leaning back in the chair again. “Would be nice not to have to return to an empty hotel room as well.” Before gaining a laugh followed by a wicked smile. “But at least for the next few days, you are all mine, I look forward to some proper relaxation.”

“I look forward to it,” Sara said with a smirk between bites of her meal. She gestured to her plate. “It’s good, isn’t it?”

He smiled as he took a bite. “It is, surprising how many good cooks you find if you just go into the side alleys. Are you friends with the owner, you seemed to know each other quite well, or does he just remember you from back when you were a child?”

Sara laughed, shaking her head. “No, no, he must have just remembered me from back then. I came here often enough, and I guess my aunt and uncle still do, so it’s not that big a surprise really. He’s always just be nice to us I guess.” She shrugged.

He shrugged. “I guess, you used to come here often then, well I mean come here to church, I never quite found out how religious you and your family was.” he said, drinking the last of the beer.

“My mother’s side follow Mydaeilism, which isn’t surprising given that they’re Baptistens living in Iboure. They’re all pretty religious, ‘go to church every week’ types, for the most part anyway. That’s why they’d take me to church and then here when we would visit. My father, who you know you know is Ohevian Onoelish, and his side don’t really bother much with it. It’s more cultural than anything else I guess.” She took another sip of her wine and shrugged again. “I always took more after him. I mean, I believe in God and the apostle, but church always seemed, I don’t know, like a waste of time.” She raised an eyebrow at him curiously. “What about you? I don’t think I’ve ever heard you even mention religion.”

“My parents followed Mydaeilism, but grandfather however never believed there was such a thing as a god. He liked to say that no matter what follows, no one here will be able to blame you anymore, so do as you wish and have fun.” Hayden chuckled. “Well that was until Louiza told him of my drug abuse, then he went into a full fury.” Hayden looked at her and shrugged. “I don't know if there is a god, or if there isn't, I like to think there is but I simply cannot follow any of these faiths.”

“Can’t exactly blame you for feeling that way, the world being the way it is. What kind of God takes a kid’s parents away, right? I get it.” She nodded to herself.

“Eh, it was more his priests that managed to convince me of this.” He shook his head. “The man who thought it was a good idea, to tell a five year old that this was god’s will, that it was right and proper, and that they are in a better place. Then give his grandfather invitations to join them in prayer.” He chuckled. “I will truly never get the man who suggested that.”

“No, yeah, that’s pretty terrible.” She paused for a moment, looking down at her plate, then back up at him. “Is it still hard? Not having them around I mean? Obviously it was a long time ago, and you’re clearly successful, but I feel like I’d always just be sad about it.”

He looked down at the table, his smile fading and replaced by a frown before looking back up. “At times, I do still miss them, but I also barely remember them, it was so long ago that they died, they weren't there for most of my life. But still, I wish they were here, to see me now, see Isabella.” He paused for a moment. “See you.” He sighed without speaking for a moment. “The death of my grandfather hit harder than I expected.”

Sara nodded, a sad compassion in her eyes. “I can’t even imagine how that must have felt. It’s a good thing you had Henry I guess, right?”

“True, he watched me grow up as well. He had a daughter himself, but she died of cancer about a decade or so ago, I remember asking my grandfather why he wasn’t around during the time.” Hayden shrugged. “Well we did grow closer after that, me and Henry, I do love him, he has been there my whole life, but it's not quite the same.” Hayden laughed. “We never held Tirva, but my grandfather was always there when I needed it. When the drugs started, had I gotten into a fight, if I needed help or just needed to talk, he would always be there.” Hayden shook his head with a chuckle. “We could have been nobility you know, back when he bought Cara Island, we would have been made barons or counts, but he turned it down. Quite a thing to do back in the day. Imagine that, me as a noble.”

She pondered that for a while as she ate her food. “I can’t seem to decide if you would be king, or dead by now if that were the case.” She laughed. “Why’d he turn it down? I can’t imagine you’ll be getting a similar offer from our current king.”

“I might, Rodrigo isn't an idiot, no matter how much he hates me, or I hate him.” Hayden shrugged. “I'm paying for the safety of the police, I am spending another billion on education, I just spent one and a half billion on helping people who came under attack. Public opinion might eventually demand it, no matter if either of us likes it. Rodrigo isn't going to ignore it out of personal hatred.” Hayden took another bite of his food. “Anyways, my father had already begun dating my mother, and he wanted to marry her, had my grandfather accepted then it wouldn't have been allowed, it was what 35 years or so ago, quite a different time. So he turned it down so my father could marry the one he loved.”

“I see, quite a noble thing to do.” She laughed at her own joke. “Would that mean you’d have to take a seat in parliament? If so I’m afraid I could never really speak with you again,” she joked.

he laughed. “I don't think you would have to worry about that, I would probably end up declining a barony. But hey, being given a knightly order, wearing that lovely old overly pompous clothes, a cloth of gold and so, I would look so damn fancy, how could I refuse?” He said as his laughter continued.

“Oh! All those little ribbons and medals, that would be wonderful. Yes, do that.” She laughed along with him.

“Who knows, maybe it will be you one day. He likes you after all, and you are trying to make the world a better place. For all I know I might have to endure watching you go through such a ceremony.” He said with a smile as he finished his food.

“Do they have women in knightly orders?” She finished the last of her food as well while she thought. “I sure hope they do.”

“I think they do, if not I am sure they will soon.” He said as he stood up and went over to the counter and paid for the food, going back to her. “Shall we head back home?”

Sara stood up from the table and nodded, smiling. “After you.” She said as she gestured towards the exit, letting him lead the way.

YEAR 2101 SUMMER

Principality of Althine

1)With the taxes in the highs 40s for the last year complaints began to once more being hear in the streets and bars of the nation, some even talks about the coming hard winter and demands of reduced taxation. (-1 stab hit)(another possible stability hit next turn)

2)A huge production was keep during the season to keep the Althine army going (15 infantry divisions, 5 armored divisions, 3 Fighter/Bomber wings, 54 nuclear warheads, and 54 ICBMs)

3)Propaganda attempting to promote hard work as thousands of men when to war and the workers availability reduced around the nation to pick up the slab, the results are lackluster with a small increase in production as the season ends.. (minor gdp growth)

The Border wars

With the destruction of the volunteer army of the UST, at last althine marched upon the remains of the Gallian army and people. Hundreds of thousands flood the open frontier with the Corporation to escape the bloodthirsty principality forces, believed some one million Gallian took refuge in the corporation, including many militias and soldiers bowing revenge some day.

The remnants of the Gallian forces or attempted to delay the principality army or surrendered in their terms, the last battle of the war was when the Gallian army of the north in a last ditch attempt fought the Yellow army as best as they could near the last free city of Gallia, meanwhile casualties weren't to high for the althine forces, the gallians routed and ran as they could towards the border, with the Gallian civilian government escaping the country and a new elected provisional government simply not opposing the forces of Althine.

(-1 infantry division, -1st armored division) (Gallia capitulates, 1 million refugees in the corporation, some 1.3 million gallians left in the occupied lands.)

In the Border with the UST general Jaeger and the blue army were deployed to combat any attack by more UST volunteers, however the general interpreted loosely his orders and several raids were conducted over the border to hit towns, armed forces and whatever stroke as “US forces advancing upon the Principality”, the biggest of them being an surprise attack upon a reinforcing army in Yukiguni leaving tens of thousands death in the UST forces by the unexpected attack and disrupting their operations in the north.

(-2 Conscript to UST)

The Federation

1)Project Blackout, begins in the federation at a high cost, and with nobody knowing what it will do. (⅓ Project Blackout)

2)Whatever industry it's on the federation, fully began to produce ammunition and supplies as economy mobilization is enacted for a war that doesn't exist yet. (next turn stability hit, if still at peace)

3)New forces are recruited and trained over the season:10 infantry divisions, 5 armor division, 5 air, and 5 screens. as politicians preach the time is approaching, whatever that may mean.

The sphere
1)The sphere military it's increased in this times of tension 10 fighter squadrons, 15 warheads, 1 aircraft carrier

2)Mining receive a huge boon in the sphere as the population believe there is vast and expensive minerals everywhere and invest on the sector (major gdp growth)

3)Attempts by the sphere of removing and or corrupting high position technocracy leaders are discovered when one escaped and informed others. It's not know how many did accept the money or were killed , yet the technocracy announce the closure of the border and trade between the nations, as prepare for possible conflict with the neighboring state.

The Majeed
1)In a surprise announcement Olympias, princess of the kingdom of Foreign and daughter of king Philippos Xi married the single emperor of the Majeed, establishing a powerful alliance in the east.

2)The majeed continue massive mobilization to finally win the war with the directorate: 11 infantry units 9 armored units and 3 more Fighter/bombe

3)In Venika an uprising of slave magicians and people wanting to surrender occurs and weakens the defense of the land as units from the last defending army have to come and put it down, spelling the end of the resistance.

The Venika Offensive

The majeed forces concentrated in one last offense upon the armies of the directorate in Venika, as a uprising happened in Venika city they smashed the defense lines of the directorate men, breaking their will to fight.

In venika itself militias and remnants of the army put a fight but soon were routed out of the city, by the end of the season, whatever leaders had no escaped to the neighboring nations capitulated to the Majeed empire.

(Losses: 2 infantry, 2 tank units)

GROTS
1)The first merman and human are put into space by the GROTS, achieving the dream of many, during the season..the wonder is will more nations follow their steps?

2)The Grots finalize the radar system in their missile program and the defence is completed and booted online quickly (missile defense system completed)

3)Blue cross workers appear everywhere where the devastating weapons of the Principality were used, helping as they can in the destruction.

Vaedor

1)Princess Meredith Numair was at a party where she suddenly screamed, her bodyguards rushing through the masses to protect her. Guns are heard people,scream and are killed yet in the end the princess is nowhere to be found. A furious lookout for the princess is launched by all the sectors of the ALthine nation, who could it be where is she? are the question.

After almost a week the inquisitions obtains a clue who leads them to a safe house in Vaedor. After infiltrating the country a bloody firefight leaving death in both sides is done, whatver men were to be captured commited suicide to avoid it.. Inside they find the princess to whom unspeakable things have been done, including violence and the most despicable action a men can do against a woman.

A few days later a media with the horror experienced by the princess are spread in Althine and the world at large. The Althine public is a shocked as incensed by the actions upon gods, yet some start to doubt the goodhood if such thing is possible against them. However the media is strictly controlled in Althine and the whole thing can only be obtained in blackmarket of Althine or seen by anyone outside the world. Where is the justice in the wolrd if such things can happen to the princes many wonder, and especially how can it happen to a God (-1 stability to althine)

2)The first vendor made ICBM is launched and successfully tested, making Valedor one of the few nation in the capabilities to make such weapons (ICBMs, project finished)

3) Attempts to pass a new flat tax by the recent crowned king of Valor, fall flat when many oppose it, and even when it's approved, tax evasion is rampant in the rich and hard to enforce making it moot.

Sicaria

1)Project Apollo is completed over the season even with the troubles of the nuking in sicaria

2)Aid is send to Krokia , the damaged city in attempts to reduce death tolls as well recovery of the city itself.

3)With the attacks upon its soil, and massive damage the Sicaria league in a rare show of unity manage to pull enormous resources,and hiring many experts form the GROTS are able to build a working missile system in only a season, the cost have been enormous yet, they will soon implemented everywhere. (missile system deployed)

Commonwealth of Notasia

1)The commonwealth began exploration and extraction of rare earth deposits in the north (+minor econ growth)

2)Project Wedge, begins to be developed and finished during the season with supports from scientist from the GROT, the cost is quite high however. (missile defense system)

3)The Notasia, secret service obtains much more funding this season for many wonders in the senate.

The Corporation

1)The healthcare of the corporation begins to threat for cancer symptoms to reduce mortality and survivability, even though the effects are not as big as hoped, it's believed they reduced death in almost half a million this season.(minor reduction of pop falling)

2)The Criss commonwealth begins to have troubles with protest and militants groups attacks, until it's proven that they are financed and armed by the Corporation, and worse its non criss citizens the ones joining in to dethrone their masters, and their abusives ways or simply bought with Corporate money. (Immigrant rebel trouble in Criss)

3)With troubles by attacks Many in the Criss buy products in the Corporation, even though they are the cause of the attacks they deny everything and well..they are not willing to give up their luxuries and the corporation make them easily accessible. (major gdp growth)

The Swarm

1)The New life Republic raise their taxes in 10% in one swoop angering many by it, and could auspice problems in the future. (10% tax raise) (-1 stability)(Econ damage every winter, stability hit every summer)

2)A massive waste becomes the new missile defense system of the Republic as contractors are corrupt, money is lost, always are asking for more and the interceptors are faulty, the waste of the money is tremendous and not many feel happy about it as protest are daily, civil disobedience starts in the streets and the income suffer for it.( -1 stability hit)

3)The military keeps its expansion 5 Kyran'Tchar Infantry division shall be build, 3 Armored divisions, 1 fighter/bomber division, 5 screens and 1 Aircraft Carrier and 5 Nuclear Warheads

UST

1)The missile defence system is completed and goes online in all UST controlled territory (non rebel)

2)Aid is distributed around the affected cities by the attacks of the Althine nuclear weapons.

3)Five new Carriers are build over the season with twenty five new conscript units raised by the Unionist forces for the war.

The Zombie War

-he Shimabara offensive continues in an attempt to defeat the Alliance force and liberate the state form the Zombie lords armies, the Offensive is defeat several times by the alliance forces, especially when reinforcements coming through Yukiguni were attacked by the Althine border army and dealt a heavy blow with almost sixty thousand killed by them. Yet the Alliance is pushed back specially thanks from naval support provided by new Carrier fleet, as shimabara is lost from the Zombie lords the fields are planted in bodies from each side

Unionist army: 39 conscripts, 12 infantry , 4 armored, 25 screen ships, 3 aerial units, 1 carrier

Confederate army: 25 conscripts, 10 infantry, 2 armored, 4 screen ships, 2 aerial units)

Last edited:
Notable People of the World

Hayden Severt

1)Severt Pharmaceuticals finish converting the new caffeine replacement drug into a successful beverage, and it's ready to start selling the surprisingly delicious drink

2) hayden Severt its seems publicly helping people in the mess that are the post nuked cities, as he announced a 1.5 Billion relief package to the cities, this make him one of the most popular and well known celebrities around the world, for its not every day someone donates half their fortune to the more needed.

Keepers of the Key

1)The keepers increase security and defensive measure of their temples and military bases around the world making them formidable places to be defended (+defenses)

2)The keepers are observed helping people escape the Althine armies in the Gallian refugee crisis, winning the hearts of the gallians and the hate of Althine population as conspirator with the so called gallia rebels.

Sara Ben Isshak

1)Sara continues to gather research funds, with the more pro magic and science king much more are willing to fund her from the government agencies (+200 million in government grant)

2) Visits to the corporation, are continuous this season for sara as she take samples and bring some patients to test the research on them which keep going very well giving her a new medicine by the end of the season, and putting her in great debt. ( project completed, - 500 million)

GM note:
Hello, update completed, stats completed.
To make up for the two week delay i shall make double order week!. Deadline is set for thursday NOON est, no late order accepted. War rules moved to 24 hrs before deadline (so wednesday noon est) send order as fast as you can if want minies etc. Second deadline after update on thursday will be on Suanday noon est.!!

The Arms Act

These nations of the world shall endeavor to trade key technology with one another in this proposed treaty. Our hope that in a world with such growing danger we can better protect our own nations and more importantly show trust in each other by freely giving such vital secrets.

1. The Kingdom of Veodor shall share with the respective signatory nations their knowledge on the production of ICBMs.
  2. The Keretenharn Sphere shall share with the respective signatory nations their knowledge on the production of Biological Warheads
  3. The United States of Takamagahara shall share with the signatory nations their knowledge on the production of Missile Defense systems.
  4. The Swarm of the Kyran'Tchar will share with the signatory nations their knowledge on the production of Nuclear Warheads.
[x] Kingdom of Veodor
[ ] Keretenharn Sphere
[ ] United States of Takamagahara
[x] John Hanks, Minister of War and Defence in the Republic of New-Life

Last edited:
With the escalating conflict of the world as of late, the Sphere is grateful and willing to participate in this exchange for the security and trust of all.

[x] Zinnath, Kereteneln, Representative of the Sphere

Official Proclamation from the Exalted Principality of Althine
4cd4510a1f368ed321d084447708323b-d8en00v.png

The deplorable attacks upon my daughter, my own flesh and blood, must be answered for. Enemies of Helir try to spite him by attacking His chosen on earth, but they can not succeed. My daughter Meredith Numiar has been returned safe, but that is not enough. Those responsible must pay. We have been merciful previously, only to have Our mercy thrown back in our face, forcing us to resort to violence to achieve the ends of Helir. Since Our mercy has been so disregarded and unappreciated, We will no longer indulge in it. The era of peace is over. Only vengeance remains. Death to the enemies of Althine.

-His Most Holy Magnificence Carthorn Numiar I, Exalted Prince of Althine, Duke of Numiaria, Lorina, Fimagia, Rulenchia, Javieo, and Kenick, Margrave of Yerithen and Bensen, Count of Limbourg, Wileneress, Qimbesa, Parvium, and Formidus, Lord of Numiar City, Carthornia, Haraldsberg, Rumland, Harriston, Wessex, Norhport, Malina, Lalinei, and Enington, Protector of the Bargavian Reach, Lord of the High Seas, Guardian of the Holy Groves of Helir, Wielder of Ibsen and Chonoses, Defender of All Helirism, Helir's Chosen, Ruler of the Skies, and Regent of Helir's Mortal Realm

Worldwide message from the technocracy of Rassum

By orders of the tecjnocratic council we give a 24 hra deadline to the Karathene Sphre to retire its signature from the arms treaty, furthermore we demand the complete dismantling of whatever biological warheads they may posses as inmediatly and the dismantling of tjeor program supervised by technocratic officials.

If the demands are rejected then it can be understood the state of war will ecist between the technocracy and the sphere as inmediatly one minute after the deadline have passed.

We call the commonwealth of notosia and every nation to join us in the atopping of the mad creatures from the sphere by arms if necessary.

May the ligh of science help us all.

Worldwide message from the technocracy of Rassum

By orders of the tecjnocratic council we give a 24 hra deadline to the Karathene Sphre to retire its signature from the arms treaty, furthermore we demand the complete dismantling of whatever biological warheads they may posses as inmediatly and the dismantling of tjeor program supervised by technocratic officials.

If the demands are rejected then it can be understood the state of war will ecist between the technocracy and the sphere as inmediatly one minute after the deadline have passed.

We call the commonwealth of notosia and every nation to join us in the atopping of the mad creatures from the sphere by arms if necessary.

May the ligh of science help us all.

To the Technocratic Council

We counter this offer by asking if Notosia would graciously join this deal, should fellow signatories not be opposed to the technological advancement of the world. In fact perhaps we should allow others such as the League of Sicaria, and even the Mageocracy? After all what really is wrong with allowing others to share in mankind's advancements through such peaceable and benign means as trade? None I would think. Perhaps the Technocracy is bias towards the 'mad creatures' yet these are not the ones threatening a war over trade. No that seems to bold to claim, and far from the image of the leading thinkers history paints them to be. Maybe they simply do not understand the definition of the word mad? Here I personally send this so there can never be such a heinous misuse of the word.

Adjective
1) mentally ill; insane.
  • (of a person, conduct, or an idea) extremely foolish or ill-advised:
  • in a frenzied mental or physical state
  • very enthusiastic about someone or something
  • very angry
  • (of a dog) rabid.
  • very exciting.
Verb
1) make mad or insane

Acronym
1) Mutually Assured Destruction

Oh dear it would appear there are several meanings. Could you be so kind and noble, as you have already shown by being willing to go to war over a trade deal, to tell us which meaning is it? After all we would greatly dislike having to get into a confrontation over something as trivial as a misunderstanding. Now because you have been so kind to read this far I'll let you in on a secret, parliament is leaning towards the latter definition. Please let me know so I can deter them from any ill fated decision though I'm sure it is quite exciting to have a new pen pal.

- Sincerely King Razquin of Veodor
your . . . buddy

Following the aggressive and dangerous actions of the Kingdom of Veodor and the Keretenharn Sphere against neighboring nations, we in the Exalted Principality of Althine propose a treaty to equalize the playing field between them and their would-be victims.

Global Defense Treaty

1. Signatories will share information and technology regarding their nuclear programs
2. Signatories will share information and technology regarding their rocket/ICBM programs
3. Signatories will share information and technology regarding their missile defense programs.

[X] Telinar Vilkar Guime, for the Exalted Principality of Althine
[X] For The Commonwealth of Notosia
[X] For The Bacxari Federation
[X] For the Technocracy of Rasum​

Last edited:
[x] - Arthur Fitzroy, Foreign Minister