[Forum Game] Guns and Sorcery: Forward unto Tomorrowland

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Official Ultimatum from the Exalted Principality of Althine to the United States of Terriyaki
4cd4510a1f368ed321d084447708323b-d8en00v.png

If all UST forces are not withdrawn within 24 hours, and 5 billion credits in restitution paid, then a nuclear response will be authorized against the UST. This is your only warning. We had been content to let your nation live unmolested while you fought your own war against demonic mages, but you repay Our magnanimity with unprovoked aggression. Prepare to face the consequences of Holy Fire for your actions if you do not accept.

-His Most Holy Magnificence Carthorn Numiar I, Exalted Prince of Althine, Duke of Numiaria, Lorina, Fimagia, Rulenchia, Javieo, and Kenick, Margrave of Yerithen and Bensen, Count of Limbourg, Wileneress, Qimbesa, Parvium, and Formidus, Lord of Numiar City, Carthornia, Haraldsberg, Rumland, Harriston, Wessex, Norhport, Malina, Lalinei, and Enington, Protector of the Bargavian Reach, Lord of the High Seas, Guardian of the Holy Groves of Helir, Wielder of Ibsen and Chonoses, Defender of All Helirism, Helir's Chosen, Ruler of the Skies, and Regent of Helir's Mortal Realm

The Zombie War

With conscription and voluntarily joining the army in both sides rapidly increasing out, hundreds of thousands joined the armed forces of both sides in the war

The Union navy began transporting operation as close to half a million men and woman were transported to the borders of ryoukou to keep the half island secure and force a large contingent of allied (rebel) forces to defend the capital during the entire year conscripts of both sides raided the other side as attacks and counterattacks along the island border were keep with the unionning forces pushing back the allies bit by bit. The allied navy itself dedicated to terrorize the entire coast of ryouko as they cut naval shipment to the state, now only connected by a tiny strip of land.

The army of Mikazuchi was formed with thousands of infantrymen and conscripts (some ten infantry and fifteen conscript divisions). Under Brigadier-General Tsubaki Yayoi the army would defeat the Yukigune state army after weeks of bloody conflict across northern Mikazuchi leaving the frontier land devastates with fires and raised towns as bodies piled up in the fields. The shattered Yukigune army would be pursued by the brigadier-General as Northern Yukiguni fallen to his forces whom enacted revenge upon the confederates burning fields of zombies and destroying towns and farms who supported the rebels.

Reinforced with thousands of conscripts the confederate main battle group would push back the forces of Major General Jin Kisaragi out of the devastates southern Izanagi with no reinforcement coming as most conscripts were concentrated in the push towards the rebel capital and northern Mikazuchi the unionist forces were driven off aoshima and towards edo as alarms sounded of the upcoming confederate army. The main battle group of the confederates lead by one of the famous Nox Nyctores users.

This has been a bloody year for both sides as the civilians areas of the center of the nation are devastates and soldiers and conscripts died by the hundred of thousands.

(+25 conscript division to unionist, +10 infantry divisions) (-5 infantry division, -10 conscript divisions to unionist, -1 armor division)

Unionist army: 30 conscripts, 21 infantry , 6 armored, 25 screen ships, 4 aerial units, 1 carrier

Confederate army: 24 conscripts, 20 infantry, 3 armored, 5 screen ships, 3 aerial units)

Majeed-Directorate WAR

With the central region in their hands the Empire began to attempt to make the directorate regions simply give up without more military conflict however this did not work for the first months of the second season of the war.

With no more reinforcements coming from the homelands the Imperial forces had to make do using their aerial forces and still vast armored forces they clashed with the Directorate forces in an attempt to spear drive to venika, against all odds the directorate put up a fight with their conscripts, after all the doubled in size in men of the majeed forces. With heavy casualties yet with valour their drove out several time the majeed offensives towards Venika.

In october however the Majeed changed the direction of their offensive against the city of Byriania, with most of the forces in the defense of Venika the Byrinia defence group was crushed by the armored forces of the majeed and the infantry coming with them, Byrinia itself was the smallest of the main directorate city with close to one million inhabitants, with so many of its people death in the conscript, and the armored forces rapidly advancing towards them, the people of byrinia revolted against the directorate authorities and surrendered the city after all they had been the ones in most contact with the majeed before the war and many of its inhabitants followed the faith.

After the shocking news were spread around the nation the region of Irkuts, which was heavily inhabited by people from the Kingdom revolted and asked the kingdom to protect them from war and destruction. King Phillipos XI could not resist the allure of defending the defenseless and accepted their integration into the kingdom a week later.

With a heavy winter and with casualties inflicted upon them the majeed generals attempted one more offensive, and they were winning as the directorate frontlines collapsed however their armored units got too ahead of their infantry units and with little support one armored unit was destroyed prompting a retreated of the armed forces and a counter attack by directorate ones. Only thanks to the great battle skill of the majeed the line held and pushed the directorate forces.

It is believed the war is almost over with only venika and its two million and a half inhabitants and some one million refugees standing to the final push of the majeed, however with losses incurrent it would not be unexpected the majeed do one last recruitment drive to bring fresh troops to the frontline.

(majeed losses: 2 armored division, 3 infantry division)

GM NOTE: with this the update is completed
Deadline shall be wednesday noon est
War and surprise attack rules are into effect
I can do a couple minies, send your orders early if you want an update by Thursday night!
most important of all IC all of you !
STAT AND MAPS updated

In Honour of Tirva
Tirva’s Eve

The sun was just beginning to set over the small lake outside of Lucena on the Beth Plateau. On the shores of the lake was the ben Ishak house. The property was quite large, surrounded by a short wall with a beautiful arch above the driveway. The drive continued for a few hundred feet once inside the walls, passing through a meticulously cared for garden that featured rare and beautiful plants from all of Veodor.

At the end of the driveway, which formed a circle around a large fountain, sat the ben Ishak house. It was an older house, looking a few centuries old at the least, but had clearly been renovated to keep with the times. A few cars were already parked along the driveway and every light in the house seemed to be turned on.

Hayden arrived, driving one of his cars, a beautiful model, well made and expensive from a known car manufacturer in Sicaria, it made the most wonderful roar when you put it in gear. He found a place and parked the car before getting out, he wore a beautiful black shirt, with dark blue jeans and his watch on his wrist as he went up to the door and rang the doorbell. He had made sure to be presentable here, first time impressions and so forth would be a shame to have wasted.

After a moment a well looking older man opened the door, a smile on his face and a glass of what appeared t o be scotch in his hand. He looked to be about fifty years old, had a neatly trimmed grey beard, and wore a collared shirt underneath a sweater and blazer, as well as a pair of jeans. “Mr. Severt, come in, come in, we’ve been expecting you!”

Hayden returned the smile and went inside. “Hello, I take it you are Sara’s father, it's a pleasure to meet you.” He said as he looked around and extended his hand, hoping to be polite and give a good impression.

“Ha,” The man laughed, shaking his head as he shook Hayden’s hand. “I should certainly hope not. Francisco Rezzoni, at your service.” He performed a mock bow, complete with unnecessary hand flourish, ah, like the damn nobles, before showing Hayden into the foyer, a room that seemed to be made almost entirely of a light pinkish marble.

“Ah.” Hayden said, slightly embarrassed. “Well, it's an honour meeting you as well Mr. Rezzoni.” He said as he went into the room and looked around. “I will admit, I don't think I have seen many rooms made of pinkish marble, I normally see people go for the clean white marble.” He said looking towards the man. “I'm sorry I don't recognize the name, are you a friend of the family?”

“Sara never spoke of me?” He feigned like he had been stabbed in the heart. “How quickly students forget their teachers when they have gone and done something great in their own right. Aside from that, I have been friends with her father since our days in University.” He tapped the marble walls as he lead Hayden through the foyer towards the living room. “I suspect that Maria would have picked white if she were to build the house again now, but this building has built centuries ago.” He shrugged. “There is a certain charm to it.”

Hayden got a shocked look on his face, oh don't worry sir, she spoke quite some about it, before Hayden regained his position. “Rezzoni, of course how could I forget, Sablo and all of that.” He said while looking at the man. Hayden had no expected spending the night with the King Pimp of Sablo. “I'm so sorry, it slipped my mind, not sure how it could, I see your name now and again at students apply to the trust fund.” Or some to complain. “It's my bad, she has spoken about you.” He said, faking a smile. Hayden had to give it to the man, he surely knew what he was doing, for if it wasn't complaints, it was praising threw the sky, the man knew a few tricks, that was for sure.

“You had me worried,” Rezzoni laughed as they entered the living room. It was a large room, filled with people, at least the size of Sara’s entire apartment, with a bar at one end, and at the other, a massive leather sectional sofa centered around a burning fireplace underneath a television. The windows in the room looked straight out to the lake as the last gleams of sunlight reflected off of it. “Sara, your friend is here.” Rezzoni called as he entered the room.

Sara turned away from man she was talking to behind the bar and looked in Hayden and Rezzoni’s direction. She wore a simple pair of jeans and a grey cashmere sweater, her red hair was curled and resting on her shoulders. “Hayden, you made it!” She smiled as she hurried over to them.

“Of course I did!” He said as he gave her a hug. “I wouldn't miss it if the kingdom was on fire.” Knowing the recent unrest, it might not be unlikely.

“Good to know,” she laughed, taking his arm. “Come here, meet my father.” She guided him over to the bar, where an older man stood, making drinks. Though he looked to be about the same age as Rezzoni that was about their only similarity. He was of a slim build, was clean shaven, and wore a pair of glasses. Unlike Rezzoni’s brash confidence, he seemed reserved and dignified. “Daddy, this is Hayden Severt.”

“Of course,” he held out a hand to Hayden. “Antonio ben Ishak, pleased to meet you young man.”

Hayden shook his hand. “Mr. Ishak, it's a pleasure to meet you and thanks for letting me join you on this wonderful evening.”

He waved his hand dismissively. “Antonio is fine, thank you. And you are welcome, we’re glad to have you. Can I offer you something to drink?”

“A glass of scotch would be fine, thank you.” He said. “I'm glad to finally meet you, Sara has spoken warmly about you.” He said with a smile. “I hear it was from you that Sara first gained her desire and passion to help heal the lives of others.”

Antonio nodded and pulled a bottle from below the bar, pouring Hayden a glass. “That’s what she has always said, but then, one wonders what else there is to inspire a clever young girl in a noble’s court? If she had said she wanted to be a politician I would have disowned her.” He playfully winked in Sara’s direction as she made a face of joking disgust at the suggestion.

Hayden laughed. “A good way to deal with such an issue.” Hayden looked at Sara with a warm smile. “But I don't know, I think she could make quite the politician, she has proved rather impressive at gathering support for her cause.”

Sara scoffed. “Just because I could be a good politician, and I could obviously, I could be good at anything, doesn’t mean that I’d have any desire to get involved with those snakes. Louiza excluded of course, I still can’t figure out why she would want to.” She certainly has the right spirit for it.

“My daughter’s pride, I’m sure you’re familiar with it by now.” Antonio quickly fixed a cranberry drink and handed it to Sara.

Hayden chuckled before drinking some of the scotch. “I have grown accustomed to it by now, it's one of the things I like, it's refreshing to be around someone who doesn't doubt themselves, or their goals. As for Louiza.” Hayden shook his head. “It's a good living to be in parliament, if you don't fall asleep all the time.” He started smiling. “A trait I'm afraid I will never possess.”

“And a good thing too, the country’s richest man with sudden political ambitions? Why, I fear you wouldn’t have much time to live if our benevolent leaders had a say.” Antonio said dryly finally getting around to pouring himself a glass of red wine.

“Dad! Don’t say that.” Sara complained, glaring at him.

Hayden couldn't help as his smile widened when Sara spoke. “It's quite fine, he is probably more right than I ever dare admit.” He drank a bit more. “Oh no, the dark nightmares that keep me awake at night, the life of me as a politician, the possible threats, the very small list of things I would manage to achieve before it ends.” He said jokingly.

“And as we saw at your gala, the truly important things can be done without entering politics at all.” Antonio smiled, sipping his wine. “You must excuse me, but a host needs to mingle, yes?”

“Of course.” Hayden said as he allowed Antonio to leave before turning to Sara. “I like him, he seems quite nice and relaxed, and it's always a plus he doesn't want to you be a politician.” He said looking at her with a smile. “I'm really glad you invited me here.”

“Oh, yes, father is the most relaxed person I know, discussing politics with Sir Rezzoni is that only time I think I’ve ever seen him even raise his voice.” She smiled back at him. “And I’m glad you came.”

“Yes, politics can do that to people.” He said, leaning against the table. “So, have you decided what project you wish to move on with?” He asked curiously. More projects to save the world, something selfish, or simply something mundane, what shall it be to keep that mind of your occupied?

Sara leaned against the bar and shook her head. “Not yet, not fully at least. But I think perhaps that I will sell the patent to fund further work. There’s still a lot more work that I need to do, and Adrian Sanchez has actually sent me an offer already.”

He nodded. “I'm glad to hear that, I hope that he is offering you enough so that you can start the next project.” He said encouraging. “I will admit, I was surprised to be greeted by Rezzoni at the door.”

“Oh?” She raised an eyebrow. “He’s been a friend of the family’s for a very long time, he always comes to our Tirva party. Or do you just mean that he actually answered it? Because in truth I hadn’t even heard the doorbell.”

“A bit of both I suppose, I probably should have expected him, afterall you did tell me your family and him was close.” He looked around the room curiously. “So, how is it that these parties normally go? Dancing close until the early hours of the morning?” He said with a playful grin.

She laughed. “Some dancing, but nothing quite like that. A lot of talking, a fair bit of drinking. They’re usually very relaxed overall.” She grinned at him. “Your practice won’t have gone to waste though, I promise.”

“I should hope not, otherwise I fear that I might regret that investment.” He said before finishing the scotch. “Or probably not, if not here then it can always be a worthwhile investment to spin you around later.“

“Right, there will certainly be some chance for it to come in handy.” She grinned. “But anyway, tonight is the party with friends and family. Tonight my father’s younger brother and sister and their kids will stay here and tomorrow morning we’ll exchange gifts and all of that. Then in a few days we head north and do the same with my mother’s family.”

Hayden nodded. “I'm afraid I don't have gifts with me for your cousins, or uncles and aunts, I only brought some for you, your parents and grandfather. I would have brought something for the kids, but I didn't know much about them.”

“Cash would work, they’re not picky,” She laughed shaking her head. “It’s fine Hayden, I expect being able to tell the other kids at school that they spent Tirva with you will be a good enough present for them.”

“Ah yes, because I am the ideal hero of every child at school.” He said laughing. “How old are their children?” He asked curiously.

“I was thinking it was more because you were rich, but perhaps you’re right.” She sipped her drink before turning away from the bar and towards the living room. “Ok, so, my uncle has twin girls, ten years old.” She pointed to a pair of girls with brown hair sitting on the couch, one in green, the other in red, but otherwise indistinguishable. “Maia is in red, Suzi in green. My aunt has a daughter who’s sixteen, Pilar, she’s there in the white.” She pointed to a girl with tan skin and dark hair in a white dress, talking to a boy. “And a son who’s fifteen, Miguel. I don’t see him though.” She shrugged.

Hayden nodded, scratching his head. “Right then, help me work up some last minute solutions.” he said in a cheerful voice. “Now then, I have absolutely no idea what a ten year old girl would want, but the other two. Now if I buy the girl in white a new car, I think she will forgive me.” He looked around for the boy. “As for the boy, hmm, a car in a years time could help him, or you could help me help him look cool and like a master in school, getting all the girls admiration.” He said jokingly about the whole ordeal.

“Ah, but how will they learn the value of a dollar if you simply buy them everything?” She laughed playfully, taking another sip of her drink. “If it helps I don’t think they bought you anything either.”

“It has a value?” He said, faking surprise. “Well at least that helps my conscience.” He said before looking around. “What about your mother?”

“In her office I think.” She shrugged. “Some kind of emergency that she needed to help fix. She’ll probably be back out to the party soon enough.”

Hayden smiled. “Ah, I look forward to meeting her.” He said before looking at all the people in the living room. “You know, you might have been right about Pilar and Miguel, I am sure Pilar would be a very popular girl if her schoolmates suddenly found out that her cousin’s, shall we say close friend? sat on more wealth than the combined royal houses, and could secure them entrance to all the fun clubs around town.”

“No doubt,” Sara chuckled, “but, to be fair, I believe she is already quite popular.” She motioned back in Pilar’s direction with a flick of her wrist and pointed to the boy talking to her. “That’s the third one of my parent’s friend’s sons that has tried talking with her tonight.” As she spoke a new song began playing over the house’s sound system, slower than the last couple. “Did you want to try that dancing?”

He looked over at Pilar. “I can't blame them, she looks quite lovely.” Quite reserved as well, if that boy is the third, either that or the two first were utterly dull. He looked back into Sara’s eyes. “However, she is nothing compared to the jewel of a star which I am looking upon now.” He said with a wide smile. He took her hand. “Sure, let's see if my lessons paid off enough that I don't embarrass you.” He said with a playful smile.

She grinned as well, leading him away from the bar to the area that had been cleared opposite the sofa. “How very sweet that you find me more attractive than a sixteen-year-old,” she joked. She placed her hands on his shoulders, moving slowly in time with the music.

He placed his hands on each side of her waist as he slowly moved with her together with the music. “I am sweetness itself.” He looked at her, taking a moment to enjoy the dance. “Then again, there is no one here who can match you. I enjoy the thought that even if I scouted the entire kingdom, the result would be the same.”

“Much better,” She said, smiling sincerely, “and your dancing has improved as well.”

“Naturally, anything to dance close with you.” He said as he moved along to the music. “I wouldn't want to embarrass you infront of your family on such a special day, or the first time meeting them.” He said as spent the time enjoying the moment, looking into her eyes as time stood still, before grinning. “Now the real question, has my improved dancing done enough to earn me a kiss?” He asked playfully.

“You have worked very hard.” She laughed, waving her hands from his shoulders to his neck and pulling him down into a kiss. Making him forget everything but the two of them in the moment. When she released him they heard a loud cheer and clapping, turning to see Rezzoni standing with her mother, smiling at him. She laughed as the color rose in her cheeks.

He blushed when the clapping began, and he looked around. “Well this is awkward.” He said in a hushed voice to her, as he chuckled and looked at Rezzoni and Maria.

“Yup.” Sara said, as Maria walked over. “Hey mom, how was your call, everything handled?”

“For now at least dear.” She didn’t look at Sara as she spoke, instead looking Hayden up and down with a critical eye before extending her hand. “Hello Mr. Severt.” She said professionally.

He took her hand and shook it. “Miss Ishak.” He said with happy tone. “I'm glad to finally meet you, and please, just call me Hayden.”

“As you wish.” Maria wore a dark black dress, her red hair tied into a tight bun, and spoke with an accent from the Ilse of Ece. “Are you enjoying the party so far, Hayden?”

He looked at Sara for a moment before back at Maria. “I couldn't really say no.” He said with a smile. “But yes, it's quite the wonderful party, I enjoy the less public events, I’m sorry I didn't have the time to get introduced to you and Mr. Ishak at the gala.”

“It’s understandable, there was business to be done.” She shrugged indifferently. “It is good to meet you now though. You and Sara seem...closer than I had expected.” She raised an eyebrow at him. As Sara’s eyes went wide and she stared at the side of her mother’s head in disbelief, but she said nothing, seeming much more subdued than normal in the woman’s presence.

Hayden looked at Sara, holding down a wide smile as he found her state interesting, the otherwise headstrong, brave and open nature of Sara completly gone, before he turning back to Maria. “I suppose we might be, we have known each other for some time now so I guess it's not entirely unlikely.”

“I see.” She paused, turning to Sara. “He’ll be staying in his own room I trust.” Without waiting for an answer she turned back to Hayden. Well, it was certainly clear who wore the pants in this house. “I do hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the party.” With that, she walked off to a small group near the bar.

“Sorry about that.” Sara said to Hayden, an actual blush having appeared on her tan cheeks.

He chuckled. “She disapproves.” he said as he looked at Sara. “Seems there must always be one parent that disapproves, and don't worry about it, I will be fine.” He looked towards Maria for a moment. “I almost fear giving her the gift, if she dislikes it I fear she will chew me out.”

Sara shook her head. “She wouldn’t do that...I don’t think...No, she wouldn’t. She’s not mean, just...protective? Mainly in the realm of protecting me from myself I think. So at the very least she would pretend to like your gift.” She laughed weakly. Good that you are sure.

“Ah, she is afraid I will hurt you then.” Hayden shook his head. “Let's hope I don't.” He placed his hand under her chin, lift her face slightly up as he smiled to her. “Be happy, at least you know she loves you enough to look out for you then.” He said sweetly. “But you never really came across as someone needing a guardian, so perhaps one day she let her worries die down.”

“Try telling her that.” Sara sighed. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to my cousins, and you can’t get Maia and Suzi mixed up, they hate that, ok?”

In Honour of Tirva
Tirva’s Morning

The ben Ishak house was much quieter the following morning. Light and cheerful holiday music played over the speaker system, and the early morning sun shined gently on the lake. Sara knocked gently on the door of Hayden’s guest room. “Hayden? Are you awake?”

A weak “yea.” Could be heard, followed by snoring.

A sunshine was coming in through the window, not yet hitting Hayden in the face with its shining beam. He was awoken by something he was not entirely sure of, just responding with a yes, before turning around and closing his eyes, pulling his blanket up. The door was opened and Hayden was once again awoken to someone chuckling, and a figure standing in the doorway. As he rubbed his eyes her figure started to appear as she chuckled. “Come on, get dressed, Maia and Suzi have been ready for presents since dawn.” She laughed again. She wore black silk pajamas, shorts and a button up shirt, and had her hair tied back into a ponytail. Despite the earlier hour she looked wide awake and well rested.

Hayden with barely open eyes looked at the clock. “It's 7:18” before shaking his head. “Who gets up at 7:18.” He said almost in disbelief as he slowly began to sit up on the bed, doing a big yawn as he looked at her, no wonder the world is so miserable when people get up at this hour. He nodded before standing up and going out on the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, it was refreshing to get some water to drink as well, his mouth had been dry from the alchohold the night earlier, heck, even woke up him twice to drink something, as well as getting rid of the horrible breath. He looked into the mirror, looking at himself, his hair all frizzy, not that he ever really cared that much about nitpicking or setting it. he looked like a near zombie as he simply brushed away before spitting out and washing his mouth before coming back. He had become slightly more awake as he went over to the bed with a pair of blue shorts in one hand, and a night robe in the other. Before he sat down and motioned for her to come over.

Sara walked over to the bed, curiosity on her face. “The kids will be angry if they have to wait much longer,” she said, she however didn't really seem to care as she hopped onto the bed and sat cross-legged.

He got a playful smile on his tired face as he looked at her, before he jumped forward, making them both fall down on the bed, holding his arms around her as he laughed. “Well we can't have the kids being angry, but we can stay here for two minutes before we join them.” He said in a sleepy tone, resting up against her.

Sara laughed as well, before shaking her head. “No, no, come on sleepy. I’ll give you your two minutes, but no going back to sleep.”

As he rested his head behind her he could feel her shampoo, feeling like he was in a field of flowers as he began to drift off next to her, almost falling asleep before catching himself and shaking his head to wake up. He kissed her neck before standing up. “Alright then.” He said as he yawned again and took the night robe on, tieing the binding around the waist. “Let's get it on with then.” He said with a smile as he rubbed his eyes.

Sara stood up as well, leading Hayden into the hallway and down the grand staircase into the foyer, and into the living room from there. The rest of her family was already gathered, her mother and father, both of her aunts and uncles, and all of her cousins, talking amongst themselves. Her father handed her a mug from the coffee table, which she took happily as she sat on the arm of an empty leather chair.

“Would you like some hot chocolate Hayden?” Antonio asked. “Made fresh this morning.”

“Yes thank you please.” He said as he went over and took the mug before going over to the chair where Sara sat, sitting down in the chair, looking relieved as he did, almost as if he found his own place in heaven by getting a bit more rest as he looked out over the family talking.

Antonio stood from his seat and held his hands up to quiet the rest of the family, quickly leaving the holiday songs as the only sound in the room. “I believe you all met Mr. Severt at some point or another during the party last night, and as you know Sara invited him to spend the day with us.” He clasped his hands together and went over to the pile of gifts that stood in front of the unlit fireplace. “So, in the interest of being a good host, I’d like to start by presenting him with his gift from Maria and myself.” Maia and Suzi looked to begin to complain, but Pilar quickly hushed them. Antonio took a box, about one foot by four inches in size, and handed it to Antonio. “Here you are.”

He unwrapped the bindings and removed the gift wrapping as he looked inside and took out the bottle, smiling. “Thank you.” He said sincerely. “It's a good scotch.” He said with joy.

“Dad was so relieved when you asked for a scotch at the bar last night,” Sara laughed.

“Yes, well, I hope that you enjoy it. It’s always a treat to drink a scotch that was made before you were born.” Antonio’s younger brother Luis said, smiling.

Antonio nodded and went back over to the pile, quickly grabbing two identically sized boxes, one blue, one white, and handed them to the twins. This went on for much of the rest of the morning, until the pile of gifts had all been handed out, mostly to Maia and Suzi. Hayden had gotten her parents a weekend retreat to a local spa resort, not that he really knew it, but it was something that Louiza had recommended for them, so it was worth a shot.

After the family had left for breakfast, Hayden stood up, going over the tree and picking up two gifts he had brought for Sara and returning, handing them to her. “I hope you like them.” He said warmly.

Sara looked at the boxes thoughtfully, shaking them lightly as if to guess what they might be. After a moment she gave up and opened the smaller of the two boxes, grinning as she pulled out a lovely watch, quickly clasping it on her wrist to check the sizing. “That’s beautiful,” she said, admiring it before looking up at Hayden. “You didn’t like my cheap old digital watch?” She asked, amused.

He chuckled. “It seemed you could use an upgrade.” As he smiled.

“Indeed,” She said as she opened the other box. Inside was a d’Ivrea scarf, a rare limited edition, Sara could scarcely believe her eyes as she lightly ran her fingers over it. “Oh my...Hayden how did you...Hmm, you could probably have bought d’Ivrea to make it for you herself if you wanted, couldn’t you?” She laughed absentmindedly, but her focus was still on the scarf as she carefully took it from the box and looked over its intricate design. “Thank you so much.”

He laughed. “Dont worry, Im just glad you are happy about it.” He said as he smiled happily from her expression, her cheerful mood widening his smile further.

“Really, thank you.” She leaned over to kiss his cheek, Sara went over to the tree and quickly retrieved her own gift for him. She handed him a long but thin box, smiling nervously. “My gift isn’t limited edition or anything quite like that, but I hope you’ll like it.”

He smiled as he began undoing the wrappings slowly, trying to guess what was inside as he held the weight of the box in his hand, as he opened it he saw the tie, chuckling happily as he looked at it before turning to her. “It's perfect.” He said as he put his arm around her, and returned the kiss from before. “Thank you.” He said sincerely.

She laughed. “Er, well, that’s not the entire gift, it’s just what fits in a box.” She pointed to the bright, glitzy colors in the tie. “It’s from the Paradisa District, in the Corporation. And I remember when we were talking at that club how you were disappointed you didn’t do much travelling, so I got us tickets to travel to there in a few weeks. It’s supposed to have all kinds of entertainment, and I never went the last time I was there.” She shrugged with a small laugh. “And I understand if work keeps you from going, but, eh, worth a shot, right?”

His smile was almost radiant as she spoke. “Thank you, I really mean it.” he said with a very happy smile. “And don't worry, I will make time for it, I promise.” He said as he gave her a hug and kissed her, pulling her down from the armchair into his lap and on his chest as he held his arms around her.

“Awesome,” She said, grinning and wrapping her new scarf around her neck very carefully. “It’ll be fun, I promise. Until then though, how about breakfast? I’m starving.”

The Peculiar Institution: Kyonshi Labor and Takamagaharan Magic
Magic in the United States of Takamagahara works somewhat differently than in most countries. Mages as understood in many nations, as fireball-slinging, teleporting supernatural beings, are extremely rare to nonexistant. Rather than acting as warriors, those proficient in the magic arts have traditionally worked as scientists. Takamagaharan "mages" have a very long tradition of using magic for practical purposes, such as supplementing healing methods and powering weapons and vehicles. A mineral called ragnite, plentiful across the Union and found in few other places, is used for everything from fuel to weaponry to medicine. Being a colony that won her independence in a relatively recent war of independence compared to the other, older states, Takamagahara never had time to developed an entrenched "mage" class as such. Instead, magic takes three forms in Takamagaharan society: Ragnite products, ki, and kyonshireanimation.

Ragnite has already been described above: it is a mineral with several uses that uses magic to contain a tremendous amount of energy. It powers tanks, steam locomotives, and cars, and can be refined and developed into an all-purpose medicine that promotes rapid healing of wounds. Legend has it that the ancient inhabitants of Takamagahara were able to master Ragnite technology and wield weapons of incredible power. This has never been proven, but the strange temples they left behind and the even stranger Ragnite artifacts sometimes found within them have not stopped the members of the イグドラシル教 (Igudorashiru-kyou / Church of Yggdrasil) from worshipping them as gods. Yggdrism is one of many faiths in Takamagahara, though the plurality describes themselves as areligious.

Ki is rather tricky to define, and many Takamagaharan scientists debate rigorously on whether it should be classified as magic. Unlike many other forms of magic, it is based on harnessing life energy that exists in every person, and with rigorous training can be utilized by anyone. It also doesn't utilize spells, but rather can take several different forms based on the willpower of the user and what they wish to achieve. However, since it produces results that should be scientifically impossible, the consensus is that it is a form of magic, even if it doesn't act much like magic common to other nations. Utilizing ki involves focusing one's willpower to perform superhuman feats, such as withstanding small arms fire, jumping great distances, and even shooting balls of energy out of one's hands. It is a common misconception that calling out the name of your technique as you utilize it is necessary to use ki abilities. It isn't, but it helps focus one's energy, as abilities that have names are easier to visualize in one's mind and thus easier to focus the required ki to perform. It takes great training and discipline to utilize ki, but unlike many forms of magic that require an innate talent or spark, ki can be utilized by anyone with enough effort. Low-level techniques that can be mastered in a few weeks are standard training for most soldiers in both the Union and Allied armies, including temporarily slowing down one's perception of time to dodge enemy fire and boosting one's alertness. More flashy abilities, such as leaps and energy balls, take years to master. Master ki-users are thus a precious resource, and usually only one or two are attached to a typical brigade. Ki isn't only good for combat, though; the elderly often are given training in using ki to counteract some of the nastier effects of aging, and watching a battle between two masterful ki users is a popular sport. This combat is highly ritualized; whoever pushes his opponent out of the ring loses, and opponents are usually slotted into designated "hero" and "villain" roles. The fact that they constantly explain their powers to each other (and the audience) and access more and more powerful "final forms", often with changes in hair and eye color to match, throughout the battle makes it just as much stage play as combat sport.

The last common use of magic is far more sinister. A kyonshi is an person brought back from the dead using a reanimation technique that is part science, part magic. Kyonshi are noted for their distinctive "hopping" form of movement, which combined with their blank stares make them easily distinguishable from a normal human. The reanimation process must be performed immediately after the victim passes, so graverobbing isn't really an option; within a day, the body degrades enough such that reanimation is impossible, and even after waiting half a day the result will degrade so quickly as to be worthless. A kyonshi reanimated quickly enough, however, can last for years in its undead state and will retain enough of its memories and instincts to make for useful labor. Do not imagine that the kyonshi would be thankful for their new lease on life, however: the process is so painful that life as a kyonshi is a walking agony, to say nothing of the beatings their masters often inflict upon them in addition. Kyonshi cannot speak, but can be trained to understand human commands at a level more advanced than a chimpanzee or gorilla. Whether kyonshi are actually sentient beings or animals is a subject of great debate, with abolitionists vouching for the former and the owners of the great silk plantations in the Allied States vouching for the latter. Regardless, kyonshi slave away doing backbreaking labor for years until their bodies break down enough that they return to death. It is technically possible to reanimate a dead kyonshi, but the body degrades so much each time it dies that this is only practical once at best, perhaps twice for very hardy specimens. However, the process can be done up to about 100 times continuously if length of survival is not a concern, though the only practical result of this causing immense pain in the victim. Though it is illegal, some people do so as a form of torture to their most hated enemies.

Tensions over the legality of reanimation and other sinister forms of magic had been present in the United States ever since its founding, with the relatively industrial western states banning the practice and the agricultural eastern states using kyonshi labor to run their massive plantations. A combination of moralist sentiment, fury at the East's dominance of Congress and the fears of a "Kyonshi Power" conspiracy to extend reanimated labor to the West prompted the election of Yukio Narukami, a candidate of the abolitionist Federalist Party, without winning a single state in the solidly Confederal Party-supporting East. Soon after Narukami's election, the eastern states seceded one by one and soon formed the Allied States of Takamagahara, a union in which the right of reanimation was guaranteed in the Constitution. The Allied States then prepared for their rebellion against the Union, which the Union army was ready to crush with all possible force.

((repost))

Top Secret: Internal Memorandum in the Exalted Principality of Althine

Due to the failure of the League of Sicaria and UST to accept our ultimatums, it has been decided that they must be shown the strength of our will. Use of Nuclear-armed missiles is approved.

Targets
LoS-Krokia (1)

UST-Gurentsu (1)
UST-Shin Kyoto (1)
UST-Ikaruga (1)

Duality

Sara ben Ishak walked through the halls of Sacred Heart, the largest and most well staffed hospital in Valencia, towards Rodrigo’s room. She had only just finished a shift volunteering in the Iljun wing, considering how short staffed it was for the holidays, and she still wore her blue scrubs with her hair tied back, her scarlet and gold magitek gauntlets on her hands. When she had heard that Rodrigo was still at the hospital she felt a sudden urge to see him again, even if only to make sure that he was ok. As she approached the door to his room she frowned upon seeing the Baptisten guards, before deciding it wouldn’t really do any harm to work a simple spell. They stood in full armor and had their assault rifles at the ready, but not a single member seemed to be a mage.

She quickly pulled on power from her gauntlets and approached the armed men with a smile. “I am Prince Rodrigo’s doctor,” she said, her voice seeming to echo slightly. “I need to run a few tests.”

Without a word the guard in front of the door stepped aside and let her in, closing it behind her. She frowned when she saw Rodrigo’s shape, bandaged and bleeding in the bed. He was laid out on a bed with an IV drip and half his face bandaged, red spots showed that he still bleed from the wound on the right side of his face whenever he moved it. “Prince Rodrigo, are you awake?” She asked, her voice still soft and melodic, but no longer echoing with power.

His left eye, the only god one left, opened suddenly and it had an intense anger to it. It was early morning and they were on the East side of the hospital so there was little natural light coming in. Rodrigo’s nostrils flared and he spoke, not turning his head as it probably hurt too much to do even that. “Whoever you are listen carefully. If you were sent to kill me do it quickly and then kindly go fuck yourself.”

Sara couldn’t help but laugh as she approached the right side of the bed. Even in this state he has his pride, she couldn’t help but think that she’d react much the same way in his position. “I’m a doctor your highness, we take an oath against that sort of thing.” She leaned in more closely to examine the bandages on his face, frowning. “Would have expected a better job…” She mumbled to herself. He barely looked like he had been treated in all honesty, not even by a doctor who couldn’t use magic. “Besides, if I wanted to kill you I could have done it months ago at Severt’s gala. I had my gloves against your head for god’s sake.”

“Heh…” He trailed off still showing anger but not at her. “I was concerned with a different head that night.” His gaze stayed looking mostly at the television which was once again the news talking about the Bacxari military drills near the border, Parliament's disputes, Carlos Razquin who made a full recovery and was using sympathy to push for support in Akra for his reforms, and of course Rodrigo himself.

“I’m sure.” She said, chuckling to herself. “By the way, you should probably hire a mage onto your security team. I know you Baptistens are almost as afraid of magic as the Apakites, but honestly, it’s a good investment.” As she spoke she went to look at his charts and records at the foot of the bed. Most of the forms were left blank and it seemed no one had checked on his condition in quite some time, serving only to confuse Sara further.

The television began talking more about Carlos Razquin. He was on the screen waving his arm and smiling at one of his speeches, stating unity and equality such as those from his reforms would reduce acts of terror like this. “Ingrate” her patient mumbled.

She turned to look at the tv, watching the news story for a few moments. “Your brother? How’s that?” She put the charts down and sat herself in the chair on the left side of the bed, in the field of view of his good eye.

Rodrigo formed a dour expression which must of shot pain from his wounds as it became a strained snarl. “November 3 we were attacked. He was considered miraculously recovered from the injury Novemebr 18. Now it’s December 20 and he has yet to even contact me, much less check up on me. Instead he looks to gaining political power many, as my agents have stated, are from my own pool of pawns.”

“I see,” Sara responded, not really seeing, or caring to see, how the politics of it all worked. “Of course, you could have ‘miraculously’ recovered by now,” she said the word with clear disdain, “if your doctors weren’t shit. Then your pawns might not have gotten lonely without a king.”

“I’ll deal with them the same way I do all others who betray me.” He leaned his head back sighing and finally turned his head more towards her. “I heard your project worked.”

“It did indeed, I just recently sold the patent in fact.” She shrugged, not mentioning that it was far from everything she had expected. “A shame that it was too late to be much good to you though. Did they use any magitek for you at all?”

This got a huge terrifying laugh at of the wounded Razquin house leader. “Because, hahahha…. Because Carlos was injured too our next of kin was King Teker… hahahahhahahah…. he openly hates me and is against magitek even for healing purposes. HAHHAHARgghhh….” He winced hovering a hand over the cheek of his bandaged face.

“Barbaric.” Anger seemed to flare in her eyes at the thought that someone could do this to their own family. “And since your brother recovered he’s sent no proper doctors? That’s disgusting.”

The odd angry slash jovial pain filled grin was still on Rodrigo’s face. “I am the only thing in the way to him becoming patriarch of House Razquin. He wouldn’t have me killed but preventing my death is unbeneficial to his own ambitions. That is the way of the great houses.” He smile faded becoming momentarily sadder “that is the only way allowed” his voice was soft and disconnected.

“Then you’re all terrible.” She frowned as she stood from her chair again and reached for his bandages, her gloved hands stopping just shy of them as she remembered that he was in fact a prince, and despite her connections, she was only a commoner. “May I?”

“As if I could stop you.” he turned his head as best he could to allow her more room to work.

She laughed softly before reaching for the bandages again, her brow furrowed in concentration. “I’m going to do my best blocking the nociceptors but this may still hurt a little.” The crystals on her gauntlet glowed slightly as she worked the magic, focusing intently on the science of the nerves as she recalled her medical studies, and began to peel away the bandages. His face contorted and Rodrigo ground his teeth as it happened.

‘Hurt a little’ was not an accurate estimate by the look on his face. It seemed that despite this being such a good hospital he was extremely mal treated. His bandages mustn’t have been changed in hours maybe a day and they clung greedily to the ruined flesh. The work on taking the shrapnel out seemed to have gone well put where were the stitches, or signs of them ever being used remotely? Just scars from the work to take the metal out of him and they what left him to bleed?! The scars were a mix of lacerations and burns all along the right side of his face and down onto the upper part of his neck. His right eye was open, she wasn’t even sure the eyelid could close, it was just a white ball the iris and pupil gone. At least it didn’t impede his hairline much, so there’s that silver lining, and the fact she was here to clean up this mess.

“A fucking mess,” she gasped when she saw the state of his face, forgetting the Prince’s station, “your highness. You definitely need to sue when you get a chance.” As she spoke she walked to the far end of the room, opening one of the cabinets and gathering some supplies. The color had drained from her face as she remembered the prince’s handsome visage from the party, compared to what she had just seen. It was one thing to work on people you didn’t know, but she had taken a liking to Rodrigo and his current state distressed her. “I honestly don’t even know how much I can really do for you, after they’ve left it like this for so long.” She frowned as she began to swab the side of his face, her gauntlets glowing again in an effort to blunt the pain as she stared into his damaged right eye.

Rodrigo seemed to calm as the pain subsided. No wonder he was so agitated they probably weren’t even giving the poor man opiates to help the pain she realized. “Thank you” he said with a sincerity she often recalled the news before stating he never had.

Sara looked at the IV only to see that it was just saline, a scowl forming on her face. It was one thing to try to heal month and a half old wounds that had never been properly treated, but she’d also have to try to blunt the pain as she did it. In a more desperate situation, or if she were a worse mage, she would have to let him suffer as she manipulated his body at a cellular level until he eventually passed out from the pain. She wondered if the prince realized how lucky he was that she was so good at her work. “You’re really lucky, you know?” Without waiting for an answer she turned her focus entirely towards her magic, completely shutting out everything but the injured side of Rodrigo’s face.

She slowly, and through great effort, split her mind in two equal halves, each focusing perfectly on different things. One half working to block pain signals from the nociceptors to the brain, and the other half to facilitate healing of the wounds that were still open and bleeding. She stood like this for several minutes, completely still as her gauntlets glowed brightly and the air around her seemed to drop twenty or thirty degrees as energy was pulled away to fuel the healing process. Eventually a cold sweat broke out on her forehead and her arms started shaking just slightly, forcing her to stop, squeezing her eyes tight as she attempted to steady herself and stop her shaking. “How’re ya feelin’,” she asked between deep breaths, feeling somewhat light headed.. It was not as if she were trying to lift a two ton boulder with her magic, but the intricate nature of working at a cellular level without making a mistake like causing cancer or making the wound worse, required a level of energy all its own.

She felt a rough weak hand grab one of her shaking forearms and gently guide them down to rest her hands on the bed. “Please rest no need to kill yourself.” Rodrigo said, sounding much better as well. The damage was still bad but at least he wasn’t bleeding profusely anymore and could turn his head without cringing in pain, or so it seemed.

She sat down again, suppressing a small shiver. “You see...This won’t be a problem when they start producing my work. Even as good as I am, one of these shitty doctors won’t have to use half as much energy to do that.”

“You will be compensated for your current and especially continued loyalty.” He replied with a strained smile. He turned his head and snarled again as the news talked about Althine and he turned off the television.

She blushed slightly, wondering if that’s why he thought she was helping him. “No need for that, there’s the oath, remember? Something the people here must have forgotten.” She frowned turning towards the now silent T.V. “Did you hear that they’re talking about using those nuclear weapons of theirs?”

This got another chuckle like before from him but more restrained. “Their day will come.” He had a vicious smile on his lips as he pushed himself further up, probably tired of laying down after so long.

“You sound very certain.” She looked at him carefully. “Not that I’d necessarily complain, the way they treat my kind you understand.”

“Do not take that overly personal they treat everyone like trash. They are narcissists of the highest caliber that is why they act so high and mighty. Also why they think Veodor is afraid of their nukes. They want a war fine, but it won’t be on their terms. Nukes have only been around a short time the other methods of war have been here for centuries even millennia; they’ve had time to be refined.” He replied glancing at her from the side or Sara thought he was seeing how she was facing the dead eye at the moment. “But I tire of speaking of those that rush towards their own demise. Tell me more of you I have grown weary of typical news.”

Sara leaned back into the chair with a content sigh, before shaking her head and moving to the seat on the other side of the bed. “Sorry. News about me?” She laughed. “If you heard about my research being a success then there is very little else I’m afraid. I started work on magitek to help the people in the slums of the Corporation. To remove toxins and pollution, not unlike the way their leaders do with their tower, but on a smaller, affordable scale.” She shrugged. “It will take a long time before anything comes of it though.”

“Quite the humanitarian.” He stated. “Anything less professional after all it only seems fair as I’ve let my hair down this whole time.” Then Rodrigo smirked “or maybe you want to learn more truths about the horrors of Veodic politics and family life before I go back to my usual duplicitous ways.”

“I’m sure that would be interesting, perhaps we should trade, information for information.” She grinned. “I have spent the past several months getting to know Hayden Severt better. He even came to my parent’s Tivra party and we’ll be going on a vacation soon. Without trying to be overly boastful I’d say he’s quite fond of me.”

Rodrigo kept silent not commenting though some annoyance flashed his face. Not about her being taken but the mention of Haydan, apparently neither made a good impression on the other. “I’m not sure where to start with my plights. Well I’ll start small as I doubt you want to be my personal shrink as well as temporary healer.” He went rather serious as he crossed his arms. “I should kill my brother for his betrayal but… he’s my only heir and still my brother. If he dies that’s one less in the way of someone like cousin Cabba from becoming king. Also even amongst the high nobility killing relatives is taboo, letting them die” he motioned to the room absentmindedly “not so much. Still hopefully we can come to terms as allies again soon, rather not have a shadow war for control of my own house.”

“If I may say so, I honestly can’t even understand it your highness.” She followed his motioning around the room with her gaze. “I don’t have any siblings, but I can’t imagine I would do this, no matter what was at stake, then to work together and be friends so soon after?” She shrugged with a slight, nervous laugh, not wanting to insult him. “But perhaps that’s why I’ve always hated politics.”

He looked down rather sad. “We all thought the same. I still remember the days we would all play around and visit each other. Probably hard for you to imagine someone like Cabba skipping rope with are magitek using Ohev cousins. Carlos being his usual quiet self.” A glimmer of a smile crossed his lip then his face became dour again. “Then we grew up and went out on our own. Cabba became a prejudice prick, Carlos an overly ambitious twat, all of us kids grew into something terrible, and I was no exception. Why you still wonder?” He looked up again with a stern eye “power. High society is plagued by the all consuming lust for it. Some can resist it better than others but the closer you get the worse you become. I’ve… done things a younger me would never have dreamed of.” He bent his head back down, partially in shame, at the last sentence sighing.

Sara pondered this for a moment, looking down at her lap, before turning her eye back to him, looking at him sincerely. “And can you honestly say, here, alone in this room with nothing to prove, that those things were worth it, to have a little more power? Is what you have not enough?”

“In this room I have no power, or no true sense of it. That needs to change.” Rodrigo replied his once shamed yet repentful face was stern and aggressive again. In a tragic way it gave credibility to his previous statement.

Sara nodded, a disappointed but understanding smile on her face. “Before you can worry about that you need to heal, and that means getting rest.” She stood, pulling a card from her pocket and placing it on the table next to his bed. “If you need a follow up appointment, or just a doctor who isn’t shit in general.” She smiled softly. “For now, sleep.” Her voice was once again filled with an echoing power and the Prince quickly fell asleep. She stood over him for a moment, reaching a hand out to brush the hair from the non-damaged side of his face, struck by duality of his appearance and how fitting it seemed to be. This was politics, nobility, perhaps even Veodor itself, the good man that she could see in Rodrigo, forever marred, lessened, by the need to wield and exercise ever more power. She kissed his sleeping brow lightly, a sadness in her eyes as she left the prince to his dreams.

In the Jazz Club a Wednesday Evening
A man with a suit of the newest fashion from Republic of New-Life, sat at a table in the Jazz Club, Jazzhouse, the biggest, most fashionable and expensive jazz club in Portlandia. A man came in the door, in some exotic suit that didn't exactly fit the giant of a man who came in. He looked around and finally found what he looked for, his friend. He went over there and sat down at the same table. The mans name was Iosef Mulperk. It took a moment for his partner to detect his friend as his eyes were on the live musicians. When he saw Iosef, he almost shouted: "Iosef old friend, how have you been on your travels?" Souding very happy. "I have been expecting you. Personally, I came home some weeks ago after my own travels to the east in the countries there."

"I hope they were pleasent travels, Frederick," Iosef began, "I have been through areas of war and for example a country controlled purely by the capitalistic upper class." He sighed and before he could continue, a waiter took a short bow and said: "I seen that your friend has arrived sir. What do you want to drink?" "Black cofee please," Iosef said and faced Frederick once more and continued.
"You have heard about the Principality of Althine or whatever they call it right?"
"I have. They are some crazy bastards." Fred responded.
"Well, their system might seem weird from the outside," Iosef began and took a breath, "but from within. It is even worse. I saw several people getting taken out of a small meeting at complete random. They have an anti-magic society which is arbritary and they constantly threatens their neighbors with their nuclear missiles. I suppose you have heard about them sending ultimatums to firts the League of Sicaria and then the UST. I am however happy that we in the Republic of New-Life is paying for the safety of our lands, that already was touched by a catastrophe once. What have you been doing." He finished with, whilst his coffee arrived.

"Well, I have been through several countries to the east or west if you prefer," Frederick began, "Mostly the Kerenthian Sphere, which has the technology to make biological weapons. I was also in the Commonwealth of Notosia when the war was almost declared. I was close to getting arrested for being a citizen in the Republic of New-Life. Not much happened other than that really. There was however a smell and feeling of fear in the League of Sicaria." Frederick said.

The two continued to talk for the rest of the day, while listening to the famous jazz music coming from the scene. Little did they know, that one of them, was going to be something very powerful, in not so long."

The Citadel, Dagshlos
Within the inner sanctum of the fortress, Tyrath is addresses his inner circle. The room is filled with various monitors and in the center a long table sits with Tyrath sitting in the end in a throne-like chair with the members of the inner circle sitting on the sides. In center of the table a projector displays a holographic image of the world. Tyrath leans for before stating "First, what's the status of the operation?"

To this Syrilth replied "The operation was a success with minimal causalities and no evidence of our involvement" with this Tyrath smiled
"Excellent, now what about project Ostrogoth?"
Now Zinnath began to speak "The information our agents acquired was invaluable, the virus was completed ahead of schedule and warheads are now ready for production, however information about the project was made public"
Tyrath with a look of surprise and frustration asks "Made public by who?"
"The Technocracy of Rasum of all people, it would appear they had a fledgling spy network operating in our territory"
"And what information did they get a hold of?"
"Only that the project was for the development of a biological weapon other than that they received no other information"
"Good, what of their spy network?"
"The agents we captured quickly gave what information they knew, the network has been dismantled"
With this Nveryll interrupts "It would appear that the directors have volunteered their populace for the field tests of the warheads"

This starts a brief argument in the chamber before Tyrath states "Silence!" With that the chamber returns to it's orderly manner.
"We will construct warheads, however I no intentions of using them against the Technocracy" Nveryll holds his disagreement
"The next phase of the plan will be more than enough retaliation on its own"
"Now then, Nveryll, the warheads will mean little if we do not have capacity to use them over a longer range, you will solve this issue" he then turns to Ohen "this will generate expenses on top of those already in place, the Committee will find ways to alleviate them. Now then, you all know what I want from you and will accomplish this. Meeting adjourned."

The Gallian War-Urgent Report

The end is approaching?!

With the invasion of southern Althine by the republican volunteer army things heat up in the Gallian war. The forces of the blue army were rushed from the frontline with their very successful commander General Jaeger to meet the advance of the UST against the city of harriston. What the volunteer army did not had and that althine did was immense aerial and other support as bombing campaigns and hastily raised militias opposed the advancing army through the receding snow of january. Yet the Volunteers keep going against the city even with unrelentless bombing and attacks by militias.

With thousands death The volunteer forces arrived to the City of harriston the second week of january, and began its occupation, contrary to Althine doctrine, they didnt began to kill the population. Resistance by militias of the region manage make the city center in a small battlefield as the Althine Arrived two days later to the city.

In gallia The full retreat of the Althine forces let to a rebellion and attacks by the gallian army from Vasel recovering the lost territory and the ruins of Fouze.

Maximillian Dupontez began their Subjugation of the Fortified city of Randgriz the capital of The gallian nation and their most proud accomplishment. It would be bloody. The Althine forces were commanded to show no restraint as they massacred entire neighborhood, making more t attempt to fight back, feeding the death cycle. Bombings, artillery and armored units relentless demolished the city as the militias, national forces and conscripts attempted to stop heid advance at all cost However the Althine army had close to half a million men, and Gallia could not present such numbers. Some two hundred thousand and some fifty thousand militias fought back and opened an evacuation route for the population in the second week of combat as hundreds of thousands fleet the city towards Vasel, making the occupation of Randgriz easier for althine.

By mid February the resistance broke and attempted to flee the city, only to be cut down by the althine force. Casualties had been moderated by althine though the bloody conquest of the central defense rings would be remembered clearly. Half of the dead from the battle laid there.

In Harriston the Failure of the Althine force to arrive before the Volunteer army was reversed as the exhausted Volunteers began defending against the althine onslaught in a hostile city. The first defense rings were easily broken by the armored forces of althine and a revolution in the western part of the city left a raging fire and tens of thousands civilians death but weakened the positions of the UST men. By The end of february the UST volunteer forces retreated from the city by burning the south of it and killing thousands of althine troops trapped as they detonated buildings down.

rKw79Ak.jpg

Althine soldier with destroyed Gallian Tank, Believed to be one of the last of such in the Gallian forces​

Retreating Volunteer forces managed to repel an althine offensive with scattered division upon their retreated lands with great valour and ability, a blunder that would surely cost General Jaeger. Desperate to fix his mistake and all out attack was launched against their forces in the defensive position they had taken outside the harriston forests. Bombardments by the air force and the armored assault brought the lines in several places yet the volunteers put a extreme we'll fight, as there was possibly no escaping from it, killing many soldiers of Althine, especially the ones that had just finished training and weren't expecting such ferocious fight. In the end their commander surrendered and committed suicide for it. Some sixty thousand men were captured from the route of their forces or the surrounding units.

The Gallia high command aware of the defeat of their reinforcements, and the crisis of hundreds of thousands displaced and ever reducing available fighters send a message calling for a peace talk with Althine.

(UST Volunteer army destroyed, 2 divisions captured)(Althine total Losses: -4 Infantry, -3 armored division, some twenty thousand Althine civilians death)(Gallia requesting peace talks)

Official Announcement from the Exalted Principality of Althine

Our brave soldiers have utterly defeated the abominable grunts of the United States of Tamehameha. We killed nearly 100,000 of them, and have captured another 60,000, but not before the ruthlessly butchered over 20,000 devout and innocent Althinian civilians. For their crimes against Helir's Faithful, they are to be put to death. Their bodies will then be placed along the border with the UST, with 1 body impaled every 5 miles, as a reminder of the cost of invading Helir's Chosen Land.

If the Gallian rebels wish to be spared, they will hand over all of their weapons, their leaders, and all known mages to the Royal Althinian Army or Inquisition. Mandatory conversion to Helirism will follow. Those who accept these terms will be allowed to continue living in the region of Gallia, which will be rebuilt and reincorporated into the Exalted Principality of Althine. Those who do not will be killed. This is the only chance the Gallian rebels will have to continue with their lives.

-His Most Holy Magnificence Carthorn Numiar I, Exalted Prince of Althine, Duke of Numiaria, Lorina, Fimagia, Rulenchia, Javieo, and Kenick, Margrave of Yerithen and Bensen, Count of Limbourg, Wileneress, Qimbesa, Parvium, and Formidus, Lord of Numiar City, Carthornia, Haraldsberg, Rumland, Harriston, Wessex, Norhport, Malina, Lalinei, and Enington, Protector of the Bargavian Reach, Lord of the High Seas, Guardian of the Holy Groves of Helir, Wielder of Ibsen and Chonoses, Defender of All Helirism, Helir's Chosen, Ruler of the Skies, and Regent of Helir's Mortal Realm

URGENT NEWS
ALTHINE DID IT!!
NUCLEAR ATTACK UPON SICARIA!!

What you see in the following images may shock you, make you vomit or even traumatize you. We advise children are removed from the room and people with known weakness to shocking images not to see them.

What you are observing are the smoking ruins of the port and eastern parts of Krokia city, league of Sicaria, location in the vicinity of the Sphere. This morning at exactly noon as the sun was in its highest point an ICBM missile delivery system from the Principality of Althine was detected and impacted the city carrying one of their feared nuclear warheads. In Krokia, a city of some four million inhabitants, the casualty tolls keep rising as more and more people are estimated to have died. Army experts and Althine experts have told us that they calculate the casualties from the civilians will be high, especially as the weapon impacted the city's busy port and worker sectors of the commerce area where many worked.

eJyJGyW.jpg

Raging fires in krokia city from the attack

With the reports coming it's believed some one hundred sixty thousand died in the immediate explosion and its aftermath. Four Hundred and forty thousand have appeared in relief centers with injured of all kinds from heavy radiation sickness to simply cuts, broken arms and more. Our insiders report it's likely some one hundred and fifty four of those will die from their injuries and the heavy dosage of radiation received.

We are very shocked that althine had followed their threat and worry dearly if they will attack UST cities too.

Official Ultimatum from the Exalted Principality of Althine to the League of Sicaria

You were given a chance to make up for your transgression peacefully. Your insolence has caused the death of hundreds of thousands of your citizens. You have one final chance before millions of your citizens die. Give the Exalted Principality of Althine 3,052,000,000 credits, and maps detailing where you laid the stealth mines along the Althinian coast. If these demands are met, then peace will reign between our nations. If not, prepare for more radiation in your cities, and fewer citizens.

The Zombie War

The Army of Samegawa, began a counteroffensive on the confederate main battle force just as their artillery was in position to bombard the outskirts of edo.

Jin Kisaragi rallied its forces, a magnificent speech to defend the glorious capital of the Union was done.

The bloody counter attack of the unionist forces against the allied forces put two of the five famed nox in odds with each other as troops died by the thousands. The confederate in the defensive position but with less men, the Unionist in the attack with more men. The planes near Edo became know as the killing fields, and hundreds of thousands died in the battle that would last over a week. The result was the retreat of the confederate forces to aoshima and later being expelled by the pursuing forces and air bombing to Izanagi province by the end of January.

In the north The militias are unable to stop the advance of the union forces as the state falls into the hands of the union forces. In a combined attack both from south and north Izanagi is once more invaded, The confederates attempting to stop their advance but failing in every battle, only the arrival of fresh conscripts stop the advance of the unionist in the border with the Shimabara state where all young men are rapidly being drafted to defend their homes.

In Ryukoku with most of reinforcements and heavy ordnance going to the other frontlines, the confederate flood the battlelines and beat back the forces a desperate rescue is done in the peninsula to evacuate hundreds of thousands as defect is close, called the miracle of february.

(Unionist army: 20 conscripts, 17 infantry , 5 armored, 25 screen ships, 3 aerial units, 1 carrier

Confederate army: 19 conscripts, 14 infantry, 2 armored, 5 screen ships, 2 aerial units)

Welcome to the Corporate News Network.
Observance is mandatory.

robot_500x305.jpg

EDI

"Welcome to the Corporate News Network. Where your observance is mandatory. I am EDI, and this is what is happening in your world tonight...

"The Oceania District elections are heating up as candidates for the Red and Blue Parties met for the final debate last night. Mayer Goldsmythe, Blue Party representative faced off with Red Party incumbent, President Gaius Rachet. Rachet immediately went on the defensive when Goldsmythe questioned his policies and questioned his environmental record and the skyrocketing price of oxygen in the district. Rachet's claim of Goldsmith's questionable military record gained little ground for the president, and most agree that Goldsmythe was the clear victor in the debate.

"In weather, acid rains continue to plague the Deluga District in what Deluga President claims is the fault of Free Vania industries and environmental fallout from that district. Strong southerly winds have blown toxins and pollutions into Deluga, officials from Deluga Environmental Agency claims. Deluga President is appealing to the Board of Executives, seeking payment for damages from Free Vania's allotted budget.

"Today in sports, the Corporate Champion Playoffs in roller ball begin tonight, with fan favourites the Tower Capitals facing off against the Deluga Bulls. Capitals are a favourite to win the championship, the team looking to defend their title for the third year in a row. However, Oceania Sharks had faired well in the regular season and many experts say they are the ones to watch over the course of the playoffs.

"More unrest in the Criss Commonwealth this week as right-wing protesters took to the streets to denounce Criss' socialist policies. Police bombarded the crowd with tear gas and marched on the protesters in full riot gear in a full denial of their rights. In a statement released by Tower officials last night, the Board of Executives are monitoring the growing unrest in Criss closely and call on the Criss government to recognize the fundamental human rights of their citizens.

5483100894_4ebe789442_z.jpg

Anti-Socialist protesters march in Criss Capital

"In global news, emissaries from the United States of Takamagahara arrived at the Tower for five days of talks with the Board of Executives. On top of the summit's agenda is the current refugee crisis in Gallia. Earlier this year Gallia was invaded by the Althine Principality. It is estimated that up to one million civilians have lost their lives since the war began. Many have flocked to the Corporation borders seeking refuge against the hostilities. The UST has taken a sympathetic stance toward Gallia, a stance which culminated in an army of militia invading Althine earlier this year. The militia has since been wiped out.

th

Gallia refugee camp along the Corporate border
"Tower officials announced the opening of the Inter-District Skyway this week, calling the project the "logistical marvel of our time." For a small fee, commuters can ride above toxic clouds and congested land routes and reach their destination in a more timely fashion. Some protest that the skyway toll is too expensive, but the Corporate Transit and Logistics Branch stated that the money saved on oxygen converters alone will be worth the toll.

"For Corporate News Network, I am EDI. Thanks for tuning in."

Last edited:
URGENT NEWS

THOUSANDS DEATH IN UST NUCLEAR ATTACK!!

ITS WAR ABOUT TO BREAKOUT?!

As ten hours ago, our righteous missiles have brought revenge upon the heathen people of the UST. With this our nation makes clear no one can stand to the liberating light of Helir!.

Casualties in Gurentso a city of some five million people have been calculated at some: two hundred thousand people in the initial blast. As hours pass and more survivor and injured are found it's believed another two hundred fifty thousand are gravely injured by it and the fires from the attack, its expected some eighty thousand more will die, as medication in mass, food and other things reach the city from the emergency response of the Union, whom had prepared for the attack at their best.

udzjlBJ.jpg

Picture of the impact in Ikuraga

Another Weapon of helir impacted the city of Ikuraga, some seven million inhabited this city, the attack have left close to three hundred thousand death in the blast, close to one million injured and trapped in fires as the destruction caused have been very big. The missile impacted in the industrial areas of the cities, fumes of all kinds, raging fires and other causes wreck the city as we speak. Official reports estimate of that one million close to two hundred thousand will die. Its believed casualties from the injured and affected in both cities were reduced greatly thanks to fast response from the government.

The last of the Missiles was headed towards Shin Kyoto, however the laboratories of the new missile defence systems were located in that city, Using their heathen magic the UST managed to take down our glorious weapons, in the first ever demonstrated possibilities of being done. It enrage us they were able to, however as their cities burn we know Helir is pleased.

Internal Report on the practical effectiveness of Nuclear Weapons from the RAARW
eagle-symbol_1.png

On February 6, a single nuclear missile was launched against the Sicarian city of Krokia, with an estimated population of 4 million. The missile impacted at 12:04 local time. An estimated 160,000 heathens were killed instantly, with another 440,000 heathens wounded, of whom it is suspected 154,000 will die of their wounds. Thus total casualties are estimated to be roughly 300,000 dead, and another 300,000 wounded. Thus an estimated 7.5% of the city's population was killed, and in total roughly 15% of the city's population was killed or wounded. Radiation and relief efforts are expected to cause further damage to the city's productivity. Thus we estimate that at least 25% of the city's productivity has been destroyed for the foreseeable future, with another 15% being temporarily disabled. It is expected the city will take years to recover materially, and decades to regain the irradiated territory.

Cost of operation: $52 million.

On February 9, three nuclear missiles were launched against the United States of Texhnolyze. The first was targeted for Gurentso, a city of 5 million people. The missile impacted at 14:27 local time. An estimated 200,000 heathens were killed instantly, with a further 250,000 heathens wounded, of whom a further 80,000 are expected to die of their wounds. Thus total casualties are estimated to be roughly 280,000 dead, and another 170,000 wounded. Thus an estimated 5.6% of the city's population was killed, and in total roughly 9% of the city's population was killed or wounded. Due to preparations by the city, the missiles' effects were minimized, and it is suspected the city's productivity has only been damaged 13% long term, with merely 24% in the short term. It is expected the city will take years to recover materially, and decades to regain the irradiated territory.

Cost of operation: $52 million.

The second missile targeted the city of Ikuraga, which contained 7 million people. The missile impacted at 14:34 local time. An estimated 300,000 heathens were killed instantly, with a further million heathens being wounded. Of the wounded, it is believed another 200,000 will die. Thus total casualties will come to 500,000 killed, and 800,000 wounded. Thus an estimated 7.14% of the city's inhabitants were killed, and in total roughly 18.57% of the city's inhabitants were killed or wounded. Despite enemy preparations, the missile impacted the industrial sector, causing untold amounts of damage to the city's production capabilities. It is estimated 35% of the city's productivity has been damaged long term, with a full 67% of the city's productivity disabled for the short term. It is expected the city will take years to recover materially, and decades to regain the irradiated territory.

Cost of operation: $52 million

The final missile was targeted for the city of Shin Kyoto. The missile was destroyed in flight by the city's prototype missile defense system. If we want to be optimistic we can say the wreckage from the missile killed a heathen in the city. Maybe a family. We estimate this would represent .000000001% of the city's population. If they cordon off the street until the wreckage is removed, it might cause a traffic jam and slow the arrival of workers. Thus we can conclude that in the short term .01% of the city's productivity might have been damaged. The city is expected to recover in days, if that.

Cost of operation: $52 million

Conclusion: The nuclear attacks taking place on February 6 and 9 against the heathen nations resulted in the death of 1,050,000 heathens dead, and a further 1,270,000 wounded. The economy of the League of Sicaria is expected to suffer a minor recession, and the UST will suffer a serious handicap in its war economy. These operations cost us $208 million. We thus spent $198.01 per person killed. This number would be better if we exclude the missile that was shot down (156 million- $148.57 per person). In comparison we have lost many divisions and air wings in Gallia, each of which cost hundreds of millions, if not billions of credits, only to have killed less than a million Gallians. Thus we conclude that nuclear weapons are extremely effective from a cost-benefit analysis. However the danger of the missile defense system is real. Once it is widespread, the effectiveness of our nuclear stockpile will drop like a rock. We will either need to use many more missiles to assure break through of their defenses, or use our nuclear weapons now before their defenses are fully up. While the latter would get us the most bang for our buck, so to speak, it will cause widespread reactions against Althine, which could potentially harm it more in the long term. Considering the already impressive cost-benefit of nuclear weapons, it is believed that even if the number of nuclear missiles had to be quadrupled for the same effect, it would still be in our favour as a weapon.

- Aero-Exarch Numid Tasic

Official Ultimatum from the Exalted Principality of Althine to the League of Sicaria

You were given a chance to make up for your transgression peacefully. Your insolence has caused the death of hundreds of thousands of your citizens. You have one final chance before millions of your citizens die. Give the Exalted Principality of Althine 3,052,000,000 credits, and maps detailing where you laid the stealth mines along the Althinian coast. If these demands are met, then peace will reign between our nations. If not, prepare for more radiation in your cities, and fewer citizens.

We agree to these terms. We will send transfers of money and the maps shortly