[Forum Game] Guns and Sorcery: Forward unto Tomorrowland

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In Close correspondence with my colleagues from the League of Sicaria and the Commonwealth of Notosia, we have finally reached an agreement that will prevent war or any other conflict over the Northern Islands. We have decided to make compromises that are acceptable for our three states....

After much deliberation with my colleagues, the Keepers of the Key will accept the responsibility of maintaining the DMZ in the Northern Isles.

[X] Chosen Keeper Ingram of the Northern Keeper Temple, For the Keepers of the Key

The last few hours had been rather dull, the presentation could have been done vastly better, it would end up costing quite a bit of money after all, it was certainly the last time that Hayden would hire the same people to do it. As Hayden walked out of the boardroom, Ramirez walked with him. Ramirez was a man almost a decade older than Hayden, he had a wife and three children. At the age of 24 he had made himself a millionaire, and had later bought himself onto the board, and over the last five years, had grown close to Hayden as a friend and business partner, both valuing the others advise. “I thank you for the support, I thought the rest of the board might go against me after that presentation.”

“No problem Hayden, there is potential in the idea, no matter how poorly they handled it in there. Worst case.” He offered Hayden a smile as they walked. “Then it’s mainly your money going down the drain, as you offered to finance it.”

“Well, it can lead us to new heights, so it is worth it. The new companies that could spring up from this is well worth the risk, and would allow us to easily expand into foreign nations, then having the rest of the conglomerate follow when we have already been established.” Hayden spoke as they walked towards the elevator together with Enrique.

“So, was the gala as big a success you had hoped for?” He asked curiously.

Hayden shrugged. “I don’t know, it didn’t entirely go as I had hoped but I am not sure if I would call it a failure either.”

Enrique looked at him with a grin. “Alright.” He said, taking a short break as they got out of the elevator and walked to their cars. “I will begin to contact the other corporations and begin asking for the price of buying their shares, I will see if I can get something done.” Hayden nodded before they reached his car, with Henry sitting inside waiting for him. “Hayden.” Enrique said before as Hayden opened the door to the car. “The annual event is coming up soon, I think you would enjoy it, you could use a bit of fund to unwind. Besides, you haven’t been there in a couple of years now, we could use your company.” Enrique said with a smile.

Hayden threw his briefcase into the car. “Heh, perhaps. It could be quite a fun party from what I remember, I doubt you have railed it in within the last few years. What was it that happened last time, what was the name of the guy who ended up getting divorced over the news article?”

“Brandon.” Enrique answered quickly.

“Oh right, the poor guy.” Hayden laughed. “Sure, I will make time.”

“See you there.” Enrique smiled. “Remember a mask.”

[×] - Ken Phillips, Foreign Minister

We agree to this compromise for now.

UNITED WE STAND: THE UNION ARMY

The regular army of the United States is composed of 34 infantry divisions and 10 mechanized divisions. In the leadup to the War Between the States, the Takamagaharan Army was relatively small, as the nation's large size and its only neighbor being the laughably ineffective Althines discouraged a proportionate military. Lately, however, the coming war has prompted some in Edo to call for a large military buildup to quickly bring the rebels to heel. The government is confident in being able to defeat the Allied States, but less so about the potential intervention of foreign states into a U.S. internal affair. The Exalted Principality's intervention into Gallia, a land traditionally under Takamagaharan protection, has concerned many in Edo, but what exactly can be done about it is still under debate at the military academies. Most agree that defeat of the Allied States must come first.

Both men and women can and do serve in the U.S. army, though front-line troops are preponderantly male and positions farther from the front line, such as artillery commanders, are disproportionately female. The average Takamagahran shock trooper is armed with a ragnite rifle, a Gallian invention that launches superheated shards of metal at near-molten temperatures directly at the enemy that is powered by a ragnite boiler. To complement this, troopers are armed with a complement of grenades and fast-acting first aid kits to help shrug off minor injuries. Engineers, anti-tank soldiers and scouts serve along with them, but fast and hard strikes by shock troopers form the backbone of Takamagaharan military doctrine.

SGUJEjW.jpg

Typical UST shock trooper in a promotional photo
Mechanized brigades are another important part of the army, making up its second largest contingent. Steam power lives on in the U.S. army, with the engines brought up to regular efficiency levels using a mix of ragnite-derived fuels and imported magitek to cover the difference. Though they look antiquated and may belch thick clouds of black smoke into the air, a UST tank is more than a match for any "modern," diesel-powered monstrosity fielded by other nations, able to hit up to 50 mph at speed and fire no less accurately and devastatingly than a traditional main battle tank. Despite their strong performance, the additional weak points inherent in a boiler-based design is becoming apparent to Union military planners, and more modern-looking replacements are beginning to replace the old steam-powered leviathans. Still, for larger vehicles the steam-powered landships rule the day, and in action they are a sight to behold.

cGmu5DJ.jpg

U.S. Type-77 Light Tank
The U.S. Navy is relatively underdeveloped for a nation its size. Most of the Southern Sea had always been a Takamagaharan lake, and if one followed the ocean to where it becomes open enough that other powers could contest UST dominance, one would practically be at the South Pole. The large lakes and inland seas around the East were largely uncontested, and fairly small patrol boats had been sufficient. The UST had a small presence in the Emerald Sea to the northwest of Ogawa state, but defense of the area was largely left to its Gallian allies. Many in the U.S. high command are starting to regret this decision, as the navy will be crucial to interdict Allied shipping and help to win the war. As with its land vehicles, mighty steam-powered giants brought up to modern specs with ragnite and foreign magitek are the order of the day. Takamagaharan battleships are anything but subtle; Admiral Ayano Enomoto described the flagship USS Hiroshi Morimoto as "a giant gun with a ship attached to it." Simple though they may be, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Fep14ym.jpg

USS Kanagawa, 3rd Kappa-class heavy cruiser, battling a similar Allied States vessel
The U.S. Air Force is not a separate branch, but is rather a part of the Takamagaharan army. Unlike much of its other military technology, giant steam-powered craft are not the order of the day. There were fans of making a "modern war zeppelin" or using some kind of flying boat to create literal airships, but the projects all crashed and burned (sometimes literally.) Like in the more modern tanks, supercharged ragnite engines are the norm, creating fast and power fighter-bombers that, despite still using propellers, can perform up to spec with jet aircraft and even outspeed them. They are expensive to make this way, but the results don't lie. Serving alongside the airmen are the Rocket Infantry, mobile infantrymen who can fly for limited durations and ambush enemy positions using powerful rocket packs. The Rocket Infantry are prestigious, renowned for getting the job done when no other units can. Called "the few and the proud," Rocket Infantrymen are a strong asset in battle, second only to master ki wielders and the bearers of the Nox Nyctores superweapons. Even so, their relative rarity means that the Rocket Infantryman is one of the most likely and dangerous threats an opponent of the Takamagaharan army will face.

cvXL5si.jpg

Sergeant Daichi Goto, 33rd Rocket Infantry
Finally, there are what are termed "special operatives": individuals with a massive aptitude for ki. Usually placed in positions of divisional command, the only limit to what ki troopers can do on the battlefield is their training and discipline. Ki troopers wield all kinds of weapons, from guns to swords to their bare fists. A man fighting barehanded may appear outmatched against an enemy force wielding guns and energy weaponry, but when that man punches the ground to create an earthquake, the doubters literally fall to their knees. Taking absurd amounts of gunfire is just the beginning of what a truly masterful ki trooper can do: massive blasts of energy, jumping multiple times in the air, cutting through solid steel with a blade, running at speeds faster than a car and superhuman strength are all often part of the package. The best of the best are granted a magitek weapon called a Nox Nyctores, which serves as a vessel for amplifying the user's ki. There are rumored to currently be a total of ten, making them extremely rare weapons indeed and why they are only granted those individuals with truly titanic potential. The most famous of these operatives is Major General Jin Kisaragi, commander of the Army of the Samegawa and wielder of the blade Yukianesa. Each Nox Nyctores has its own unique manifestation of power; in the case of the Yukianesa, it can freeze the air around it, which can be harnessed for everything from freezing opponents solid to creating a fast transport made entirely of ice.

vneotI8.png

Major General Jin Kisaragi, U.S. Army

Cabba and Carlos
(Set around the time of The Extravaganza and Early Hangover)

Carlos watched as his brother walked off to the bar to gain some liquid courage. The younger sibling felt a touch of sympathy as they were each other’s greatest allies, but Rodrigo spending most of his time at the bar will hurt his public image somewhat, which is good as they are also each other’s greatest rivals. Call it fraternal competitiveness as they have often looked to their own self interests and clashed growing up. Then it was harmless but in the realm of high society a mistake can be quite severe. Rodrigo wished for King Teker to finally pass on but Carlos thought the same for his brother, in a few private moments. After all the Governorship of Catabria is nothing compared to a whole Viceroyalty. For now though more could be gained from assisting one another than fighting.

Spying the battlefield Carlos found several objectives. The Duchess of Shirel could prove a useful ally for gaining more rights for women at the federal level, she did have a large degree of influence amongst the Apakite nobility in Caliphate of Akra. Still her armor was a tad too thick from what he had heard. The Baron of Matanzas was powerful in fact he was the real governor of Santiago in the Fèrtile Valle. Turkol Arslan of Oran was a powerful industrialist along the Kartal Coast, maybe he could be persuaded to make the correct decision on the laissez-faire issue many corporations are lobbying for.

Before he could go and coerce the man though Carlos was interrupted by a bombastic greeting. “Ah cousin how goes your fear mongering?” He turned to see an Apakite male in a traditional kerchief of the Nasir Plains region. He was in his thirties, with a black spongy beard, and skin of night. His hazel eyes showed he was not a ‘pure’ Apakite, but that was to be expected amongst Veodic nobility.

Flinching at the person he would have to tangle with momentarily Carlos returned with a slight bow “Warlord Caba what a pleasant surprise how are you, have you murdered plenty of innocents today?”

He threw his head back “Ha there is no such thing as an innocent mage. They are all tainted by their sins, should one wish redemption their hands should be cut.”

“I do not recall that from the Gospel of Munkar?” Carlos said stroking his beard as he waited for the retort. “In fact most of it speaks of peace and being kind to their fellow man.”

“Aye and there is nothing in the Words of Mydael speaking of thought control.” Caba retorted with a broad smile.

Feigning ignorance “I know not what it is you speak of good sir.”

Chuckling loudly Caba elaborated for his cousin. “Political correctness? Censorship? I heard you held a book burning even the other week. People should be allowed to speak and think their minds. What next you are going to have derogatory words banned?”

“If it promotes tolerance and equality I would chain the entire population to the same rock and force them to get along at gunpoint.” Carlos stated in a facetious tone, though in truth he would do so if he could. He was well known for being ‘extreme’, as the media puts it, on his crusade for equality for all.

“And I would put strict laws on all magic in the kingdom, and kill all who didn’t adhere.” Was the cold remark by Caba. He was older than Carlos and had more time in politics though not at the same level. He was a Warlord which for the Apakites is the equivalent of a baron, just like Protector was for the Baptisten but these words were often interchangeable in documents along with the Ohevian word of baron.

Responding deftly Carlos said “you won’t make any friends that way I’m afraid sir.” Being younger and less experienced Carlos made up for this with his wit and a natural acumen for politics he hones whenever he can. A few more years and he will be a serious player in the kingdom as he has already gained much support within the Assembly of Proprietors in the Viceroyalties.

“We are not meant to make friends in this business, only lessen our enemies.” The warlord smiled. “Besides there are many who agree with me and believe in the true path, they have lent support in the past and will in the future.” It was true that by pushing for magical restrictions in the Caliphates Caba has gained allies from the industrialists, but mainly from other political agendas. Such as anti-unionism, government subsidizing for struggling companies, and restrictions on foreign goods.

“Well those friends do not include the Great Imam; I hear he publicly denounced your actions.” Smirked Carlos as he crossed his arms. Several other people had gathered around the two to see the word joust.

His nostrils flared at the remark but Caba simply shrugged with a relaxed face. “He has simply gone soft on us. Besides he is a man not Munkar, the Apostle, or even God himself. The Great Imam is no where near as pious a position as in the past.” His face was turned slightly to the side from the gesture but he flicked his eyes, which looked like pearls contrasted with his complexion, to Carlos. “I am willing to admit that, but are you willing to admit any faults with your, oh what is it you call that? A crusade for society or crucifixion of it? I can never remember. How’s that failing by the way?”

Carlos gave a death star to the banal Apakite before him. “This country will be made whole and ignorant cowards like you won’t last much longer. A vestigial part from a bygone era best forgotten.”

“How partisan of you my kin. To think that because my views are different I am outdated, ignorant, or maybe even brainwashed.” Caba shook his head condescendingly. “Tsk tsk I thought you Baptistens prided yourself on manners.” He threw his head back laughing.

Because he let emotion get the better of him, Carlos seemed to have lost the upper hand in the argument. “And you seem to think all who refuse you ideologies must be enslaved, taxed to death, or killed. Does Munkarism ignore that commandment my pious Warlord?”

Before they could continue on the bell sounded indicating that the dancing portion of the evening was about to commence. They both looked at each other having lost their train of focus from the interruption. “Ah it looks like we must find a new local for the time, and I a better talker.” Caba chuckled putting his hands on his hips.

“For once cousin we agree, have fun getting sent to jail again.” Carlos smiled and turned to leave.

Caba called out “I hope you enjoy being a hypocrite!” Carlos kept walking but gritted his teeth. A smile did return to his face as he thought of potential things to do that could ruin Caba for this. Then he saw another Warlord known for his hesitant support of Caba’s actions when it came to economics, and Carlos decided his crusade must take a break. Carlos was not a cook but revenge was his favorite dish to make after all.

Carlos Razquin
portrait-of-a-gentleman.jpg

Caba al Nasir
472dc07d569d81e0d0729d2af155946f.jpg

((Ladies and gentlemen, I present my finest piece of crap yet:

Galren's Parody Map for Guns and Sorcery: Forward Unto Tomorrowland (As of Turn 1)

G7UVcAw.png

These are just my opinions and stupid jokes and don't reflect the Keepers' opinions of you guys.

Now, if you're confused or don't get any of the references, look below for helpful explanations.

Gorgan's nation, the Commonwealth of Notosia, is essentially an expy (TV Tropes link. Don't say I didn't warn you.) of Australia, cut off from Great Britain in some freak accident. (It's Gorgan. What else were you expecting?) Gorgan's first reaction to CCM was to nuke it, because it sounded dangerous. If that isn't truly anti-magic, then I don't know what is.

Corman's nation, the Keretenharn Sphere, has literally called itself the masters of intrigue and espionage. It values cunning above all. How are they not set up to be a nation filled with Chessmasters? (Gambits here.) (TV Tropes links. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Ironhide's nation, the Great Republic of the Sea, has mermaids. And humans. If you couldn't tell, there's nothing funny I can think of. I can only vent my frustrations about the swimming system for Atlantica (The Little Mermaid world) in Kingdom Hearts. Particularly when it mixes with combat.

Jeeshadow's polity, the League of Sicaria, is exactly what it says on the tin. Literally what Jee told me he was going for. And I couldn't think of anything funny.

The Technocracy of Rasum, an NPC nation, essentially thinks science is good while magic is bad. Also, in case you didn't know, "x is love, x is life" originates from "Shrek is love, Shrek is life" posts on 4chan. Don't look those up. There's a reason why I didn't link them.

The Mystletainn Empire, another NPC nation is pretty much in a similar position as North Korea, with it being poor and focusing a lot on the army. Replace the Mistletoe family with the Kim family and you have North Korea without the sublety. Wait ... what? The Kims only spend a third of their income on their military? And Mystletainn spends 40% of it? Scratch that. Mystletainn isn't facing Kim-possible odds; they're Kim-sane.

iisbroke's nation, the Kingdom of Veodor, has three different families, all of which are kin, that plot behind each others backs in order to secure the throne. It's a family feud in Veodor.

So what do naked grandmas have to do with family feuds?

Double or nothing is a gamble to decide whether a loss or debt should be doubled or canceled. Now what does this have to do with simcull's Bacxari Federation? Well apparently, he wants to play Double or Nothing with iisbroke, as some of his core lands were lost to the Kingdom of Veodor in a previous conflict. The odds are now double (complete annexation by the Kingdom of Veodor) or nothing (regains lands from Veodor).

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag on how Bacxari wants to play. (Everybody in the game knows you're going to war with Veodor, simcull.) They declared a war against Veodor. Who has an advantage in terms of numbers against Bacxari. Who also have allies when Bacxari doesn't. And it's an offensive war, meaning that if they want any chance at taking back their land, they have to get it back.

Yeah, simcull, you're going to need the RNG on your side. RNGsus is a portmanteau of the words RNG and Jesus. He's essentially there as either somebody to praise or somebody to use as a scapegoat. Your faith will be tested indeed.

Originating from Tumblr in early 2015, the *looks at smudged handwriting on hand* meme follows this general structure:

I love [thing/person], especially *looks at smudged handwriting on hand* [distorted pronunciation of something or someone related to the aforementioned thing/person]

In the case of the Sultanate of Krassum, Halir is literally their god's name. Read their NPC nation description. I can't make this crap up.

The Socialist Republic of Roraima is the only nation in the world that is either socialist or communist. And it had the misfortune of getting taunted by 3 CCM sources nearby that it didn't get. Oh, it's also poor.

Basically, on IRC, I complained that nobody accepts the name the Northern Isles for the particular chain of islands that didn't get claimed by anybody, even as people used my name. Yeah, I'm sparing the poor horse.

Academy City is the setting of the Japanese light novel series (which has its own manga and anime adaptations) A Certain Magical Index (Toaru Majutsu no Index, for the weeaboos that will probably pester me.).

It's a landlocked, sovereign city-state located in a walled enclave of within the Tokyo Metropolitan Employment Area. As the name suggests, there's several schools and institutions of higher learning as well as research centers for psychic powers and advanced technology. It's also the most technologically advanced city of the world by an estimated thirty years. I felt this was a fitting description for Dadarian's nation, considering how technology and learning focused it is.

For RR's nation, the Swarm, this is exactly what it says on the tin. There were no ideas to put here.

Because everybody's rich in the Commonwealth of Criss from that CCM (at least the citizens). Also, song by the same name.

The Corporation, Blackbishop's nation, is a mega corporation, and its only objective is to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Do you see the cutthroat policies on competition? Do you see what they force people to eat? Yeah. Marx would probably cry himself to sleep if he saw this nation.

You haven't seen the parallels between Althine and the Rejected Austrian Painter? Then I don't know what to tell you. (And yes, I'll use that euphemism because I find it funny.)

The Kingdom of Foreon is literally a dinosaur in the modern age, as it still uses knights (albeit mechanical) and still practices feudalism. If it wasn't for the technological advances, stepping into Foreon would be like stepping back in time.

Steampunk: Scrapknight's United States of Takamagahara (UST) can be seen using steampunk technology as shown in his army.

Freeaboos: A freeaboo is essentially a Japanese person who is so obsessed with American culture that they pretend to be American even though they're not. The opposite of a weeaboo. The UST is basically America during the Civil War with steampunk technology, Ki, and creepy reanimated slaves, except with Japanese people and names instead of American ones.

Tamagotchi: Yes, I spelled it wrong. Shame on me. This part comes from this infamous post by Aedan who intentionally misspelled Takamagahara (who wants to deal with that crap anyway?). The rest is pretty much history.

The Romulia Directorate, a Fascist dictatorship, has this as their reason for becoming a dictatorship. And being a dick to mages. It's pretty much a gimmick.

What the Magocracy's leaders would think of Voldemort if they ever got a chance to read Harry Potter. They would love Voldemort's plans for dominating and enslaving the magiless (Muggles, in Harry Potter terms). The Magocracy would probably get frustrated at Harry's apparent inability to just kill his aunt, uncle, and cousin.

And here we have the lands of Zex, the most infamous warmonger among the MGaSO community. No surprise with the turn one war. Also, he apparently likes that dubstep for his anthem.

Poor Gallia. Stuck between two big neighbors and their only ally is busy in a civil war and is a boat ride away. And they're right next to Literally Rejected Austrian Painter, who just invaded them on the first turn. Blitzkrieg, anyone?

Last edited:
((Ladies and gentlemen, I present my finest piece of crap yet:

Galren's Parody Map for Guns and Sorcery: Forward Unto Tomorrowland (As of Turn 1)

G7UVcAw.png

These are just my opinions and stupid jokes and don't reflect the Keepers' opinions of you guys.

Now, if you're confused or don't get any of the references, look below for helpful explanations.

Gorgan's nation, the Commonwealth of Notosia, is essentially an expy (TV Tropes link. Don't say I didn't warn you.) of Australia, cut off from Great Britain in some freak accident. (It's Gorgan. What else were you expecting?) Gorgan's first reaction to CCM was to nuke it, because it sounded dangerous. If that isn't truly anti-magic, then I don't know what is.

Corman's nation, the Keretenharn Sphere, has literally called itself the masters of intrigue and espionage. It values cunning above all. How are they not set up to be a nation filled with Chessmasters? (Gambits here.) (TV Tropes links. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Ironhide's nation, the Great Republic of the Sea, has mermaids. And humans. If you couldn't tell, there's nothing funny I can think of. I can only vent my frustrations about the swimming system for Atlantica (The Little Mermaid world) in Kingdom Hearts. Particularly when it mixes with combat.

Jeeshadow's polity, the League of Sicaria, is exactly what it says on the tin. Literally what Jee told me he was going for. And I couldn't think of anything funny.

The Technocracy of Rasum, an NPC nation, essentially thinks science is good while magic is bad. Also, in case you didn't know, "x is love, x is life" originates from "Shrek is love, Shrek is life" posts on 4chan. Don't look those up. There's a reason why I didn't link them.

The Mystletainn Empire, another NPC nation is pretty much in a similar position as North Korea, with it being poor and focusing a lot on the army. Replace the Mistletoe family with the Kim family and you have North Korea without the sublety. Wait ... what? The Kims only spend a third of their income on their military? And Mystletainn spends 40% of it? Scratch that. Mystletainn isn't facing Kim-possible odds; they're Kim-sane.

iisbroke's nation, the Kingdom of Veodor, has three different families, all of which are kin, that plot behind each others backs in order to secure the throne. It's a family feud in Veodor.

So what do naked grandmas have to do with family feuds?

Double or nothing is a gamble to decide whether a loss or debt should be doubled or canceled. Now what does this have to do with simcull's Bacxari Federation? Well apparently, he wants to play Double or Nothing with iisbroke, as some of his core lands were lost to the Kingdom of Veodor in a previous conflict. The odds are now double (complete annexation by the Kingdom of Veodor) or nothing (regains lands from Veodor).

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag on how Bacxari wants to play. (Everybody in the game knows you're going to war with Veodor, simcull.) They declared a war against Veodor. Who has an advantage in terms of numbers against Bacxari. Who also have allies when Bacxari doesn't. And it's an offensive war, meaning that if they want any chance at taking back their land, they have to get it back.

Yeah, simcull, you're going to need the RNG on your side. RNGsus is a portmanteau of the words RNG and Jesus. He's essentially there as either somebody to praise or somebody to use as a scapegoat. Your faith will be tested indeed.

Originating from Tumblr in early 2015, the *looks at smudged handwriting on hand* meme follows this general structure:

I love [thing/person], especially *looks at smudged handwriting on hand* [distorted pronunciation of something or someone related to the aforementioned thing/person]

In the case of the Sultanate of Krassum, Halir is literally their god's name. Read their NPC nation description. I can't make this crap up.

The Socialist Republic of Roraima is the only nation in the world that is either socialist or communist. And it had the misfortune of getting taunted by 3 CCM sources nearby that it didn't get. Oh, it's also poor.

Basically, on IRC, I complained that nobody accepts the name the Northern Isles for the particular chain of islands that didn't get claimed by anybody, even as people used my name. Yeah, I'm sparing the poor horse.

Academy City is the setting of the Japanese light novel series (which has its own manga and anime adaptations) A Certain Magical Index (Toaru Majutsu no Index, for the weeaboos that will probably pester me.).

It's a landlocked, sovereign city-state located in a walled enclave of within the Tokyo Metropolitan Employment Area. As the name suggests, there's several schools and institutions of higher learning as well as research centers for psychic powers and advanced technology. It's also the most technologically advanced city of the world by an estimated thirty years. I felt this was a fitting description for Dadarian's nation, considering how technology and learning focused it is.

For RR's nation, the Swarm, this is exactly what it says on the tin. There were no ideas to put here.

Because everybody's rich in the Commonwealth of Criss from that CCM (at least the citizens). Also, song by the same name.

The Corporation, Blackbishop's nation, is a mega corporation, and its only objective is to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Do you see the cutthroat policies on competition? Do you see what they force people to eat? Yeah. Marx would probably cry himself to sleep if he saw this nation.

You haven't seen the parallels between Althine and the Rejected Austrian Painter? Then I don't know what to tell you. (And yes, I'll use that euphemism because I find it funny.)

The Kingdom of Foreon is literally a dinosaur in the modern age, as it still uses knights (albeit mechanical) and still practices feudalism. If it wasn't for the technological advances, stepping into Foreon would be like stepping back in time.

Steampunk: Scrapknight's United States of Takamagahara (UST) can be seen using steampunk technology as shown in his army.

Freeaboos: A freeaboo is essentially a Japanese person who is so obsessed with American culture that they pretend to be American even though they're not. The opposite of a weeaboo. The UST is basically America during the Civil War with steampunk technology, Ki, and creepy reanimated slaves, except with Japanese people and names instead of American ones.

Tamagotchi: Yes, I spelled it wrong. Shame on me. This part comes from this infamous post by Aedan who intentionally misspelled Takamagahara (who wants to deal with that crap anyway?). The rest is pretty much history.

The Romulia Directorate, a Fascist dictatorship, has this as their reason for becoming a dictatorship. And being a dick to mages. It's pretty much a gimmick.

What the Magocracy's leaders would think of Voldemort if they ever got a chance to read Harry Potter. They would love Voldemort's plans for dominating and enslaving the magiless (Muggles, in Harry Potter terms). The Magocracy would probably get frustrated at Harry's apparent inability to just kill his aunt, uncle, and cousin.

And here we have the lands of Zex, the most infamous warmonger among the MGaSO community. No surprise with the turn one war. Also, he apparently likes that dubstep for his anthem.

Poor Gallia. Stuck between two big neighbors and their only ally is busy in a civil war and is a boat ride away. And they're right next to Literally Rejected Austrian Painter, who just invaded them on the first turn. Blitzkrieg, anyone?

(This is without a doubt the single best piece of crap I've ever seen. I want an encore on the single player characters.)

Gorgan's nation, the Commonwealth of Notosia, is essentially an expy(TV Tropes link. Don't say I didn't warn you.) of Australia, cut off from Great Britain in some freak accident. (It's Gorgan. What else were you expecting?) Gorgan's first reaction to CCM was to nuke it, because it sounded dangerous. If that isn't truly anti-magic, then I don't know what is.

I'm not sure what the comment about what else were you expecting mean't but still, I will sink that CCM deposit into the sea eventually.

((
(This is without a doubt the single best piece of crap I've ever seen. I want an encore on the single player characters.)

Ask, and you shall receive (and I was planning on doing this anyway). I proudly present:

Galren's Character Analysis for Guns and Sorcery: Forward Unto Tomorrowland
Now with more stupid jokes and biased opinions coming from me. Disclaimer: Characters are going to consist of those found on the character list as well as significant individuals found in narrative based ICs. If you want me to do your character, you better have some material to work with.

Wants to do good in the world, but will likely make everything they touch worse. If you played Kingdom Hearts, you may have noticed that Keyblade wielders trying to do good end up suffering at some point. I'm not liking their chances of a happy ending.

(Evil guys, on the other hand, are all Xehanort. Don't yell at me for that spoiler. It's a thirteen year old video game series spanning eight different consoles. With 8 individual games (not counting remakes) that are all NOT optional in terms of plot. And there's a web game not translated into English yet. I'm betting Nomura is hiding plot relevant details there. The plot just gets crazier and crazier with every game.)

Rich philanthropist who wants to make a difference in the world. Also ...

Clearly has beef against royalty. Probably having something to do with the rich bastards at al Nasir University.

Idealistic mage who also wants to make a difference in the world. Is also the unchained bicycle left in public.

Typical Corporation scumbag. Is also a more successful Plankton (from Spongebob Squarepants).

In case if you didn't know, Plankton is the rival of Mr. Krabs in Spongebob Squarepants and runs the Chum Bucket, a restaurant located directly across the Krusty Krab, Krabs' restaurant. As the name implies, Plankton sells chum at his restaurant. What is chum, you ask? Chopped fish, fish fluids, and other material thrown overboard as angling bait. Guess what the majority of the residents of Bikini Bottom, the location of the Chum Bucket, are? Fish.

Guess what Soylent Green is ...

You have received one message. Read?

Yes/No

sinouIntrtscuraecnldedneupdienngblssevefuootviunerse

- taierndanhaa

8/29

Hey. I thought you might want an update on the message you had me descramble. I finally finished it up. Have a read:

Instructions unclear, ending up bending selves out of universe.

- Artie and Anah

You have any idea who Artie and Anah are?

))

Last edited:
The Gallian War!
A GNN report!

-With the declaration of hostilities by Althine the Gallian government enacted an impressive mobilization with the aim to raise in arms a total of some Three hundred thousand men and woman, close to one third of their possible manpower

-A week after declaration of hostilities the feared offensive by Althine finally began, as it's rumored the high command of Althine just couldn't decide the best way to initiate the invasion, surely just propaganda from detractors of the nation.

-With such a delay in the offensive the gallian forces organized a defense as conscripts divisions arrived to passive battlefronts in mass. It is important to remember our public that Gallian citizens are all forced to do five year military service at the age of 18 and every year obligated to spend three weeks in reinforcing bootcamp. It can be said the best conscripts in the world are Gallia ones.

-The Althine Red army with over two hundred thousand men, almost a thousand armored vehicles and over one hundred air support launched a straight path to the fortified capital of Gallia Randgriz. The Main Gallian defense force of some one hundred thousand men with most of their armored component and air force supported by some one hundred thousand conscripts that had been rushed to the front began fighting the Althine forces in the Provenia pass and Salina Pass which was the quicker way to Randgriz.

WiSbb8o.jpg

Fighting in Fouze​

The twin battle would last some three weeks and end in the repulsion of the Althinian forces from the offensive. Several times General Simoun Gregor achieved to break through the Gallian resistance at high cost of his forces yet, the continued arrival of new conscripts division and the terrain of the passes worked to repel the attack. Meanwhile Althine had a high human cost they had manage to do one thing on it the destruction of most of the armored and aerial forces of Gallia which were small to repel the Althine ones.

- The Blue army of Althine lead by general Yorman Jaeger however brought celebrations to the streets of the Althine Principality as long as you ignored the great casualties his army is still suffering during his campaign. The open plains before Fouzen coastal city worked in favor of Jaeger. Overwhelming the Brave Gallian defenders, some sixty thousand men with little air and armored support. Waves by waves supported by massive air support and armored support breaking through the Gallian lines.

yZiFIWR.jpg

Standard looking Teenager fighter​

Casualties were of no concern to Jaeger and he keep pushing. With the cleansing of mages and “heretics” in gave the raise up of militias and guerrillas forces by the highly armed gallians. In desolated Areas of the plains where most adults were away drafted or dead by purges by the reinforcements coming from Althine to keep the push for the coastal industrial city, the mantle of local defense was took upon teenagers and young adults shocking and continue shocking the world by their attacks and the brutality of althine forces to suppress them and keep the people from rebelling. Meanwhile it was the most successful army hundreds of vehicles have been taking out by guerrillas and child soldiers attacks. The great hanging of Circassia Town where almost five thousand guerrillas members between the age of fourteen and eighteen were hanged for their activities by Althine have draw disgust from around the world.

The blue Army assault upon Fouze city started some two week ago as close to three infantry division from the defeated red army and the home defense forces making up to a one hundred fifty thousand men reinforcements for the attack upon hit. As we speak tens of thousand have fled the city as the gallian army, conscripts and innumerable militia groups attempt to hold the city against the onslaught of Althine, which have leave thousands dead as body bags pill up in althine.

Our experts predict that its likely with the destruction of most of the air force and armored corps of Gallian in the twin passes battle it's unlikely Gallia will be able to resist against althine as the nation raise more forces to send to the battlefronts. As the end of this report some three hundred thousand more have been conscripted from the rest of Gallian to put it up a total six hundred thousand on arms to the date in Gallia which is putting pressure in their capabilities for self feeding and production especially with Fouze under assault.

(Althine loses: 6 infantry division, 2 armored divisions, 2 aerial squadrons)​

Majeed-Directorate conflict

GNN Global report

-The battle for kapua have ended in a costly victory for the Majeed forces after several push done to dislodge the defenders, utilizing overwhelming air firepower the las forces of the directorate in the city have retreated or surrendered to the Majeed army. Reports coming from the area inform us victory was achieved in part thanks to several uprising my mage units from the directorate army at critical time.

-In news that disgusted the civilized nations captured soldiers from the directorate were told fight for us or get executed, meanwhile thousands have joined the majeed forces to avoid execution many more have refused and executed, surely no army will surrender as of now.

-As casualties continue to trickle back to majeed homeland, recruitment of more soldiers and the build up of armored forces continue to keep sending reinforcements to the Directorate battlefront by the majeed armed forces.

-The battle of the Rarim ended in a humiliating defeat for the Majeed as their forces were overwhelmed by the Conscripted army sent from the provisional capital of Venika. Thousands of Majeed soldiers were captured and worse it would be the cause of the death of tens of thousands in the Romul siege as Directorate relief army then proceed unstopped to Romul city. Bombing of the army only delayed their arrival with most planes being used in the street fighting on Romul.

-Last week Romul finally was taken by the Majeed forces with the help of the reinforcement army coming from Kapua and newly arrived divisions from the homeland. The toll have been very high for the majeed forces whom had to fight against a numerically superior forces in the city for much of the campaign.After the reñentless use of air campaigns and demolition the Directorate forces have abandoned the city towards the south where defenses continue to be build and forced conscription of the population is in full swing.

With the high casualties experienced many are wondering if the directorate will be able to push out majeed, however with the lose of two of its main cities, and the lost of most of its air force and armored divisions in the continue struggle since january, it's all now up to conscripts to defend their homeland against the majeed hordes. Our information report somewhere between four hundred thousand and six hundred thousand men and woman have died fighting for the directorate with unknown number of civilian casualties as Romul lies in ruins.

The fact is close to one million people have fled to Venika city from the central occupied regions and the directorate is struggling to do something with them other than conscript them or put them to make supplies.

-Civil disturbance have been happening in the northern city of Rumulsa, a volatile region of the directorate which is mostly populated by the Hajira minority, and with tenous goverment forces in the area its unknown what will happen

This has been Korrima Hliw, GNN bringing you the news as they happen!

(majeed lose: 8 infantry, 3 armored divisions, 3 aerial division. All central region occupied )

The Zombie War!
GNN Global report

War have erupted in the Peaceful united states. With the Zombie lords shooting first or the Unionist doing it first (depending who you ask) chaos have come to the large nation.

The once proud army of the United states however was rocked by the division as generals of all ranks, troops and entire units began a mass desertion towards their homes states. Much of the low ranks of the army were composed from people from the east as there are much less working opportunities on it than the west.

With these problems hitting it as well the rebellion and sacking of all federal armories across the east to arm the rebels and traitor units, the loyal forces that could be found were amalgamated into the army of Samegawa under Major General Jin Kisaragi. Some half a million men and over a thousand armored vehicles followed him to end all possibilities of peaceful ending of the conflict for the time being

An attack by such a huge force caught the confederates unprepared as major Kisaragi occupied Aoshima relatively easily at first however as he secured Aoshima, militias sprung and began harassing him making his job take more time that hoped by the time he moved against Izanagi rebel state the Izanagi population and traitorous soldiers have already begun forming and army. Even so using armored units and bigger numbers they managed to route most of them as the army spread around the state.

-A three weeks later a confederate army from the nearby states and deflecting forces arrive to Izanagi for the liberation campaign. It was very brutal fighting for a two weeks the unionist army repelled confederates attacks as farms burned and cities were destroyed, however in the climax of the battle that many said could end the war for the confederates right there a tank division and some three infantry divisions betrayed the army to which they had swore loyalty. As the ranks broke down and the Unionist army was beaten back from Izanagi state in a hurry Aoshima occupation forces and retreating Samegawa army managed to regroup and stop the Confederate advance upon it, keeping part of Aoshima occupied as people around the nation were raised for war.

ojD2agO.jpg

Fighting in one of the most heavily destroyed towns: Zuikarno​

-The yukigune state army and militia crossed the state border into Mikazuchi close to two weeks ago and have been rampaging and occupying the north of the state to stop any help the Insane Althine may want to sent to the unionist armies so close to confederate borders.

In difference from the Army the navy was very pro-union force and only a couple ships managed to betray the Union for the rebel state. Raiding of trade and the coast of the rebel have been reported since the attack by the samegawa army.

Our expert observe it will be a bloody war as conscription is launched in both states, and all industry of both states (bigger in the west) begin making supplies, weapons and vehicles to fight a war between brothers and sisters. Current civilian casualties estimates close to some thirty thousand thousand as both armies have avoided to fight in heavily populated areas and opted for evacuating civilians of conflicted zones, likely to change now that war truly have started.

(United state army division

Union army: 15 infantry , 6 armored, 25 screen ships, 4 aerial units

Confederate Army: 19 infantry, 4 armored, 5 screen ships, 3 aerial units) (Union raise 15 conscript divisions, 2 armored division and build a carrier)(Union lose: 4 infantry division, 1 armored division)

Year 2100-Summer

Exalted Principality of Althine

1)In what would have been a widely unpopular and government threatening move the Principality raised its taxation form an average of 25% to an Average of 40% almost doubling it. However thanks to the war and the successful action on it people accepted it easier even if grumbling and some dissent was expressed upon it. How long can it be keep at such highs it's another story. (-1 Stability. Every two turns another stability hit as long as it keep this high and an an economic hit every winter or variable %)

2)With the huge income increase to the althine treasury the state began expanding their deterrent force as well its conventional forces to keep the war on gallia going. (10 ICBMs, 18 Nuclear warheads, 5 infantry divisions, and 2 armored divisions)

3)The trade deal with the commonwealth of Notosia was signed successfully by the Principality resulting in increase trade between the two nations even if not much trade was achieved as result of the war and general Althine dislike for anyone other than themselves (minor bonus to trade)

Bacxari Federation

1)Prospecting teams in the look for metals and resources deposits to mine and sell came back empty handed for the Bacxri a waste of money in their worthless land it seems. (no effects)

2)The Federative National Bank was established during the season successfully by the Bacxari people, the first such institution for the disperse tribes and clans. The economy began feeling the introduction of it almost immediately as cheap loans were given for development. (+moderate income growth)

3)War games are conducted by the Bacxari across their lands, and especially the borders of the kingdom of Vaedor which made them wary but nothing came out of it, except the mass use of radio based communications for it.

Keretenharn Sphere

1)Something called project “ostrogoth” begins in the Sphere. All information about is classified and great funds are diverted to it, without anyone knowing what it is (Project ostrogoth (⅓))

2)The Karetenharn agencies receive extra funding during the season as they mobilize to achieve some secret objective.

3)Two new submarines are build in the Sphere, however high cost are presented during construction, thanks to an accounting error and it end costing as four submarines. (+2 submarines)

GROTS

1)Signing into the massive trade deal of the west brought many economical benefits to the Grots as shipping of resources and new markets open up for them (Medium to high trade growth increase)

2)The GROTS fearful of the new weaponry being developed in the principality and the commonwealth begin the development of counter measurements to it. As the nation itself have long range missile program of its own to serve as a counter to an attack. The program got extensive funding yet by the end of the season it could be seen the current defense proposals were not going to work and were scrapped, needing to restart from the beginning. It was for the best as not as much money was wasted on it.

3)The Grots officially begin their most ambitious project, thats it to put a merman into space by the inauguration of a space program. The cost and funding are high but all seems to proceed in schedule (⅓ space program)

Kingdom of Vaedor

1)This is a great year for the merchants and private organization of Vaedor, the signing of the massive deals between the kingdom and the corporation and between the kingdom and the League of Sicaria brough very good results to the kingdom as their exportation and general trade doubled, making many people very rich and the kingdom as a whole with the tariffs. With the new trade much more CCMs could be exported to the league of Sicaria and the Corporation increasing the income obtained from it by the nation.

2)During the season several small fights brought with injun slave groups, nothing the security forces couldn't handle but unrest on the slaves was beginning to be noticed making many worried about the situation that could rapidly devolve into something more as more small acts of rebellion were witnessed., To proof he was still holding power the king increased by 0.01% the religious tax to dismiss the parliament power over him, it did not calm the fears of the people but did not any damage either. (-1 stability)

3)The Great Mystletainn emperor finally agreed to the defense pact and the increasing flow of injun slaves to the kingdom by the end of the season with thousands new slave being sent rapidly and sold, generating good money for the cash strapped empire.

League of Sicaria

1) Project Apollo its begun in the land of sicaria hidden deep into the so called grainmaker areas of the Twin cities and with very restrict access and information coming out of it.(⅓ Project Apollo)

2)The trade deal with the kingdom of Vaedor result in an increase of exportations to the nation and increasing wealth, helping to reduce the damage done by the signing of the great west alliance deal.

3)The signing of the wester trade deal becomes a mistake for the league of sicaria as exportations crumble and markets get flooded by cheaper products from the other nations, which aggressively export towards the rich cities in the league. At the end of the season a contraction of 16% net trading have been registered by the nation some 3 billion lost in exportation and over a billion in tariff income.

The commonwealth of Notosia

1)Meanwhile the Principality observe increase on its trade, the commonwealth obtains barely any real increase of exportation to the principality where they don't buy their products contrary to commonwealth citizen buying products coming cheaper from the principality (no effect)

2)The deal with the west is more profitable for the Commonwealth, as exportations toward the rich cities of the League pick up.

3)The signing of the deal with the swarm and sicaria is badly responded at home, where many especially in New Aurora though of the islands already as natural part of the commonwealth. Dissatisfaction with the signing could been seen in the population as the popularity of the state dropped with the people. (-1 stability)

The Corporation

1)The trade deal with the Vaedor doesn't bring the benefits expected, it seems the corporation underestimated the production capabilities of the Kingdom and the actual resource availability leading to import more than what it sends, especially as several goods become widely popular form vaedor, like it clothing style and so on, impacting the trade of the corporation. A reduction of close to 16% was noted at the end, with close to five billion lost in trade and more than two billion in revenue.

2)It seems with the continue reduction of the population in the corporation, they turn to the production of androids to take the worse types of jobs and synthetic parts to keep their population from dying too fast, it's noticed a reduction on the pop crash. (increase in pop growth)

3)The Corporation in a surprise move manage to re-establish relations with the Commonwealth of criss and re-open their long closed embassy. Even trade resumed helping alleviate the damage of the trade deal with Vaedor even if in small measure. Many are wondering how it was achieved so easily but it seems they have an excellent diplomatic team.

The Swarm

1)Project Plasmoid begins in the swarm at very high cost, in the desolate areas near the plasma wasteland scientist work hard for the safety of the nation (⅓ project Plasmoid)

2)In the swarm with the possible war looming, more troops and ships are made during the season. (+2 human infantry, + 5 screenships, +2 subs)

3)The division of the northern islands is well received in the swarm as war is avoided with an enemy whom possessed much more naval power.

The United States of Takamagahara

1)The United states, began investing in a way to defend against the fearsome weapons they neighbors next door poses. They go looking for ways to use Ki as a defensive shield and scouting for ki users powerful enough for it. not many however are convinced it's possible and in the end the project change focus to the use of ki to locate and help in intercepting the missiles. At least for the time being it seems the research industry settles for this method (⅓ Missile defense system)

2)Excess rignite and funds are sent to gallia across international banks to help fund the fight against the Althine scum, and even some warhawk unionist politicians make very public.

The Empire of Majeed

1)Rare metal mines are found across the Majeed empire which give a boost to the economy of the war frenzied nation. (minor econ boost)

2)Large education centers are build around the nation, in hopes to increase the literacy rate and the working abilities of the population of the empire.

The Polis

1)The anarcho-architecture becomes a sensation inside the academic city. In the corporation dissatisfied architects begin to design with this in mind to everyone's distaste.

2)Attempts to build a machine able to separate items into their constitutive parts, continue to eludes their proponents, yet they vow they shall never give up!.

3)Second Skin (™) is unveiled as the great achievement of the season. The skin is able to imitate many different types of look and can be used by anyone making it a sensation in the film industry.

Last edited:
The Inner Circle

The Inner Circle is the main governing body of the Sphere. Made up the most powerful and influential of Sphere led by the Keretenharn, it is responsible for all domestic and foreign policies of the Sphere however it's more an advisory board as the Keretenharn has final say on all matters. Each member of the inner circle is a genius in their own right and on their own can and have performed great and terrible acts if it advances their own agenda.
Current Members of the Inner Circle

The current Keretenharn, Tyrath achieved this status though his uncanny ability to gather information. Before his elevation he served under the previous Keretenharn Keleth the Immortal becoming a lieutenant only due the fact that he was for all intents and purposes unnoticeable which predecessor thought (falsely) would ensure his loyalty as it meant few would enticed to follow him. For awhile this inference seemed to be right, he made no waves in the established hierarchy and appeared to be the most loyal member. But when he made his move it was swift and surprised everyone in more ways then one. His sudden rise to power began when the his predecessor was died in his private chamber, murdered via a very strong. While many expected a power to ensure what happened next was something entirely different. Tyrath revealed that not only had he been responsible for the murder but had also obtained the private secrets of many prominent individuals in the Sphere. At first many dismissed most his claims until he used this information pick off the contenders in the most public manners he could think off. With that no one else dared to challenge him (at least publicly) and assumed the title of Keretenharn with no one able to appose him. Methodical and through, Tyrath holds many secrets and his desire to know everything about those he perceives as a potential threat borders on paranoia. However his recent actions indicate more than just the expansion and preservation of his power base, that he is working toward something specific.
Zinnath is being as mysterious as he is cruel. He often revered to as a man of many faces. As likely to strike a deal with another as subject to the cruelest forms of torture, the terror of Zinnath is never truly knowing which version your going to get. One of the last remnant of Keleth's rule, Zinnath was one the first to submit to Tyrath rather than try to contend for control (which as made more than a few believe that he had in on the plot since the beginning). He is Tyrath's right hand and serves as the Kereteneln (the Sphere's equivalent of a foreign minister). His silver tongue has trust of many who had not known better and he keeps a public figure that seems very inviting. But beneath this show is a being of unrestrained cruelty. It is known (but never proven) that he subjects his victims to horrible torture and experiments (some of which are believed to under Tyrath's supervision) and never seen again. It is even rumored that he even keep "mementos" of his experiments in his private lab.
A being who values strength and brutality, Nveryll is warrior who rightly oversees the military of Sphere. Gaining prominence after putting down no less than three minor uprisings he was invited into the inner circle as Keretenmeyn (Minister of War) the Sphere's military. While he is a hot-headed hawk do not believe that he unskilled in warfare. In fact the opposite is true, Nveryll is skilled in military tactics and overall strategy, specializing in wars of attrition of guerrilla warfare (in one case he staved a rebel force without then knowing he was near by). Above anything Nveryll admires ones strength and will (when on a campaign he will take prisoner those captured by force and not accept surrenders).
If Zinnath is Tyrath's right hand then Syrilth is the left. Grand Master of the Guilds Syrilth is assassin of unsurpassed quality with a preference for poisons. She is also believed to be the one who carried out the assassinations against Tyrath's opponents during his rise to power. Cold and calculating, the only one able escape one of Syrith's assasination attempts is Tyrath himself. It's rumored that Syrilth has in her possession a large variety of poisons (some known only to her) available for use.
Ohen is devoted to one thing, unravling the minds of others. A master of psychology, within only a few minutes of speaking he can figure out both your desires and fears (and often use them against you). This skill has earned him is place as head of the Committee and as well as attending diplomatic missions with Zinnath on occasion (the only real reason he doesn't lead these diplomatic envoy's is that gives a very "unsettling" aura). He often seeks new ways to control and it's this desire to manipulate that drives to know who the mind works. Often he subjects the less fortunate to hypnosis and force them to commit heinous acts as tests of willpower.

Notable People of the World

Hayden Severt

1)The severt public fund holds a massive gala at the Alsaral Royal Hotel in Valencia city. In there its announced Sevart will pay for the next five years the entire Valencia Police forces healthcare and their family one at a great cost to himself. This action greatly make him popular with the police force and their family.

2)Severt Pharmaceutical after expending more than would have been desired manage to produce a drug caffeine like. Test to use it in combinations of sweeteners begin at the end of the season (½ drug production)(-200 Million)

Sara Ben Ishak

1)Sara manage to impress several businessmen, and using her noble connections began to recollect the money necessary for her research. Some rumors go around she was VERY persuasive for men and woman...no distinction. (+50 million)

2)With funding secure she dedicates the rest of the time to the development of a new form of magitek amplificator to make it easier for mages to utilize magic for healing. Against the odds she manage to finish it by the end of the season with test included.. It may not be a miracle but the revolutionary design will help medicine. With the patent in hand she could stand to make a very good business by selling it or making a company out of it.. (-75 million)

The Keepers

1)A new base of the keepers is build in the island of Ece with the authorization of the king of Vaedor. The base holds some 100 keepers with space to hold some 100 more.

2)Messengers of radio transmission of the keepers are given across the island villages and towns as well the coast of Akra, swearing to help fight the injustices and recruiting some new keepers (+50 new keepers, people look to keepers to help when the law is slow in the island of Ece)

Custer Thistle

1)Using the test and tried techniques of the rulers of the corporation custer manage to bankrupt several of his competition on the food market by putting soylent green well below their price and other shady tactics by the banks. In the end soylent green stand stronger by it and he start to buy them up now that they are bankrupting. Soylent green surely is in the way to number one food of the poor districts at this rate.

2)A magnificent giant aircraft it's build by Custher Thistle, the plane can carry hundreds of people and is more akin to a floating ship and a plane in reality. With gigantic screens he advertise soylent green and other contracts with it as he move there with an armed guard of one hundred men.

GM NOTE:

All update completed. Stats updated
Scrapnight your stats are more or less right, really just guid yourself by what updates say and military forces you have in the war update
Deadline Sunday noon est, all rules apply
If you sign treaties SENT the link with the order.
For military operation say exact number of unit involved or i will apply harsh penalties.

Seasonal Announcements from the Exalted Prince of Althine on the Status of the Nation
4cd4510a1f368ed321d084447708323b-d8en00v.png

Officials to be commended

General Yorman Jaeger- For his determination and progress made to secure the city of Fouzen in the rouge province of Gallia.
Huithain Paridal Mulkic- For his success in turning around the Althinian economy and making it one of the wealthiest in the world by raising taxes significantly
Aero-Exarch Numid Tasic- For his efforts to vastly expand the nuclear arsenal, by increasing the number of warheads from 7 to 25, and the number of ICBMs from 15 to 25. Althine now controls nearly 90% of the world's nuclear weapons.
Telinar Vilkar Guime- For establishing a trade treaty with the Commonwealth of Notosia that only benefited the Exalted Principality, as is fitting for our superior economy.

Officials to be condemned

General Simoun Gregor- For his failure to secure the rogue city of Randgriz and his retreat in the face of an inferior enemy, General Gregor and his command staff have been sentenced to death by defenestration. Citizens are encouraged to visit the Center of Orderly Conduct in Numiar City on September 9 at 11:00 to witness the executions. Children under the age of 6 must be escorted by their guardian; refreshments will be provided while supplies last.

Grand Overseer Jack Ashbruen was sitting at a meeting with his cabinet.

"Gentlemen, we have made agreements with the Commonwealth and the League and secured peace. Now we need to get our economy going don't you agree?" Some of the ministers looked down on the table and a few muttered a vauge "yes". "I said, don't you agree?" Jack said, sounding annoyed. It looked like most of them woke up and they all said a loud and clear yes.
"And how do you propose we do so, sir?" Minister of Finances, Nathan Polsjoy asked, looking as tired as he had been out partying last night, which he problaply had.

"Remove buisness regulations is one thing we can do to get a more healthy economy. Also, raising the taxes is never a bad idea. We should also stay close to our liberal ideals and maybe cut on some areas, like the welfare. People should get something out of their money instead of sitting down on their ass all day doing nothing."

"We could also just declare war and get the economy going, that is always something that helps." Came the response from the Ministry of War, McKinley.

"War!? Are you kidding me Mr. McKinley? That would ruin us utterly. We don't have the time for war. This is a time of peace for us and we need a strong economy first. Also, it might be that the Kyran'Tchar are ready, but who says they are loyal?"

"Who knows?" McKinley responded, "They did well in the Northern Islands, don't you think?"

"No I do not Mr. McKinley." Ashbruen harshly responded, "They almost got us into a war you know. They are bloodthirsty beasts. The sitting is lifted. I will meet you, Mr. Polsjoy (the Finance Minister) later today, shall we say 4 o'clock PM?"

When all the ministers had left, Jash Ashbruen walked over to the gigantic window and looked down at the capital and the old entrance of Vault nr. 17 caught his eyes. Have we really come this long. I never thought we would. He thought, I must get back to work... He sighed and went back to his deskc and finished some work of his.

Last edited:
A Night In Darkness

Following the gala, Sara eventually called Hayden, at which after talking he had invited her to accompany him to a masquerade party. The name of the party had been very well guarded over the last decade, you either had been invited, or you had been excluded. The idea behind the party was secrecy and as such Hayden had asked Sara to forsake her magitek gloves, instead using silk gloves if she had wished to use any at all. Hayden’s car was holding outside her apartment, waiting for her to appear, with his chauffeur in front. Hayden remembered the old parties, the rituals they used to carry out before the later stages, the turning of light into day and the debauchery that followed.

Sara exited her apartment building, smiling when she saw Hayden. She wore a black cheongsam that reached to her mid thigh, with delicate golden floral designs brocaded on the right side, like those worn by the women of Takamagahara. She also wore black silk gloves, though unlike her magitek gloves they went only to her wrist, and her red hair was tied up in a bun. Under her right arm she had a package slightly larger than a shoe box. “Hello.”

Hayden stood outside, leaning up against the car as she came out, he eyed her up and down, looking at her outfit. “You look stunning.” He said with a small smile on his lips. He himself wore a black tuxedo, with a bowtie. He already had his mask on, it was a Barocco mask, custom made of marble to fit his face, on top of it there was the pagan god, Kirtus, the god of the sun, with patterns on the outside of the mask with small pearls on it. “Do you have a mask?” He asked.

She nodded, tapping the box that she held. “I wasn’t sure if we were to wear them yet, to be honest. You look quite nice yourself by the way, that is an interesting mask.”

Hayden nodded as he looked at the box, before he opened the car door for her. “I'm glad you think so. Tell me, have you ever heard of the night of the serpentine?”

She smiled thankfully as she climbed into the car, placing the box on her lap as she shook her head. “Never.”

He closed the door before going to the other side an entered, as the driver got in as well and began to head towards the destination. “Well, you told me that you found the speeches boring, but the socializing and the dancing was pleasant, so I decided to invite you here. However, at the same time I might have been overly bold, this is a special event, one which is not known to people outside certain circles.” He said as he looked at her with a fun smile, before out the window. After All, it was a less than normal party, it was a party made after ancient standards, with a few modern touches.

“So I’ve gathered,” she laughed. “I can already tell that this will be much more interesting than your gala, no offense.” She looked down at the plain gloves on her hands before cocking an eyebrow at Hayden. “What is it about this event that I could not wear my gloves?”

He held a hand at his heart, feigning hurt, before chuckling. “The gloves are you, I have seen you wear them several time, these gloves are not. Just like I wear a mask, and you will as well. It's all anonymity, no titles, no wealth, well no difference in wealth between the guests. To the rest, and to you, I am simply Hayden, no one else.” The driver pulled down the window. “Sir, we are almost there.” He said before rolling it back up.

“Just a night, without a care, without any proper form that the world expects.” He said before looking at her box. “You might wanna take it on, I look forward to seeing what you picked.” He said eagerly.

“Sounds like quite the party, it’s a wonder word hasn’t gotten out.” As she spoke she removed the lid from the box. Inside, lying on crimson silk, was a mask made from thin golden wire interspersed with dark blue sapphires bringing out the blue of her eyes., twisted in elaborate patterns, ultimately taking the shape of a butterfly. “What do you think?” She asked as she put the mask on her face.

“Magnificent.” Shall we be seeing a larva turn into a beautiful butterfly tonight? The car pulled over and Hayden stepped out, going to the other side and opening the door for her, extending his hand. The place was right outside a larger building. The neighborhood was bad to say the least, there was no real sign of wealth, it was poor, the lighting was bad, and there was really little to recommend it, it was one of those places which getting mugged seemed a certainty rather than a possibility.

“Of all the places you folks could have your little parties you choose a neighborhood like this?” She chuckled to herself as she looked around, taking his hand to climb out of the car. “This place looks worse than the neighborhood I live in in Pence, and I always had my gloves when I would go out at night there.”

“It could be worse.” He said as he lead her forward towards the door where a large man stood. He looked at them for a moment before Hayden gave him a piece of paper, and the man slammed the door three times, opening it up. As they walked inside, it was dark to begin with, but there was light at the end of the corridor. “So then, what do you expect to see?” He asked, curiosity clear in his voice.

She shook her head with a laugh. “I honestly have no idea Hayden. If I had to guess I would say either an awful dive bar, a scene out of an apakite harem, or an elegant ballroom.” She laughed again. “Whatever it is, this certainly isn’t how I’d expected it to start.

“You aren't far off.” He said as they walked into a very large room. The poverty from outside could not be seen in here. There were golden candlesticks and lights hanging on the walls, giving it a natural warmth, and a beautiful carpet on the floor. That was however not the first thing to glance one's eye. There were plenty of people inside, it wasn't crowded but not empty either, and they all wore masks, both men and women, all wearing fine clothes. At the side there was a bar which served free drinks, at the end of the hall, there was a band playing live music. Off to the sides, there were booths that had tables, and red curtains that could be rolled over to shield the people from public view. The servant girls wore little clothes, and the same went for the girls on the stage, all these girls also wore masks to shield their identity. One of them came over to Hayden and Sara, with a tray with champagne glasses on it, to which Hayden took one, nodding happily to the girl, before looking at Sara, waiting eagerly for her reaction, and to find out if he overstepped.

Sara took a glass as well, quickly thanking the girl and taking a sip. “I can honestly say that this is far from what I was expecting for tonight.” She laughed quietly, turning to look at him. “What exactly is all of this?” She asked, motioning around the room with her free hand.

He laughed slightly. “I'm not sure how to sum it up in one sentence, but I will try. It's a place where you can come and relax, and not care for what is expected of you by others, anything here is possible.” He said with a smirk. “If you think it's too much, feel free to say so.”

“No, no, it’s not that. I just wouldn’t have guessed…” She stared as the scantily clad woman walked away. “Do you come here often?”

He shook his head. “It’s the first time I have been here in some years. It surprises you that I would take you here.” he said with a laughter, before downing a bit of his drink.

“A little bit, yes, after the way you had spoken to me at your gala.” She smirked at him. “I wouldn’t have thought you’d have this type of thing in you.”

“The gala was public, for show, for the papers.” He said happily, before he motioned for them to walk, asking her. “So what surprises you the most here? or should I say shock”

“From what I can see, probably the naked women walking around.” Sara said, her tanned cheeks coloring slightly. She looked around the room, continuing to take in the surroundings. “Or maybe just the number of people who are actually here.”

“Well they are not completely naked, that would just be indecent.” He said, looking at one of the girls that passed. Before finding them a table and sitting down. “It's not that bad, it loosens up the atmosphere, it makes people notice them and not the other patrons. You can kiss who you would like here, and no one would bat an eye, unlike the gala.” He said while drinking some more, almost emptying his glass. “Though, if you do kiss someone other than me, I will be deeply disappointed.”

“Even if it were one of the lovely waitresses? I’d think you would enjoy that.” She grinned playfully, taking another drink of her own.

He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself, starting to laugh instead. “I think I would love that, to see you having fun with one of them, with me being left to my imagination.”

She rolled her eyes, still smiling. “I doubt I’ll be getting that drunk.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek, laughing again. “Did I tell you that I’ve had a few meetings with investors already? I think they’ve gone rather well, nothing concrete yet, but still, it’s something.”

He smiled as she kissed his cheek. “I'm glad.” He said happily. “Any of the investors worth of note, do they have any proper reputation to their name?”

“I suppose,” she shrugged. “I had a meeting with some people at Advanced Solutions, Adrian Sanchez. Do you know him?”

“Never met him, but I have heard the name.” A scandal might be brewing under his name, or was it another Sanchez that Hayden had heard of? “They say he is an upcoming business man, it could prove quite useful down the line.” He drowned the rest of the glass before a waitress came over with another. “I'm happy that you came here to Valencia, and that you sat up the meetings. The passion that I can see once again.” He took a pause. “I wanted to apologize in regards to last time, I shouldn't have been so harsh in regards to you and Rodrigo.”

“No, you shouldn’t have,” she said flatly. “But I can at least see why you did it, and I think that I can appreciate the thought behind it.” She laughed and drank more of the champagne. “And honestly, is Rodrigo really all that bad when you’ve got men who burn books and kill mages to compare him to?” Yes.

He shook his head but kept his smile and drank a bit more. “Just because there are people who are worse than him, does not make him a good person, at least not in my eyes.” He looked into her eyes. “I can understand why he seems charming, he has been raised to be so afterall, but I cannot support his politics, or the way it has stalled parliament.” He gained a smirk. “No matter how much we might have had to drink at the end of tonight.”

“At least a stalled parliament isn’t spending time passing foolish laws.” She laughed and shrugged, finishing her glass. “What of you, what have you been up to lately?”

“I guess there is a bright side to every bad thing.” He said with a laugh. “Not much I am afraid, board meetings mainly, we are developing a new drug to hopefully replace caffeine.” He paused for a moment. “And I have been looking into funding you.”

“Have you?” She said, genuinely surprised. “I hadn’t submitted...that is, you haven’t seen any of my notes, my presentations. I’d have called your secretary to make an appointment, but it hardly seemed proper after having called you.” proper? since when do people in this city care about proper.

He shrugged. “I suppose it's not, probably not after tonight. That however doesn't mean that I won't give you the chance if you want it, to present it to me and the other board members, if you want to that is.”

She sat, thinking about it for some time, before shaking her head. “Thank you for the offer, but I don’t think it feels right. Of course, if this does turn out to be a success, once I’ve proven myself, I would certainly welcome a chance to present my next project. Until then it would feel too much like charity.” Hayden was unaware of how exactly to react, he was certainly not used to being told not about giving people money.

Hayden smiled, licking his lip. “Thank you, I'm glad to hear it. At least I know you are here to simply spend time with me.” He said before placing a hand over hers. “Thank you for coming, I'm glad you asked for my number.” He gently took a hold of her hand. “Do you want to dance?”

“I’d love to,” She smiled at him.

They went to the dance floor, it was fairly dark there, not as much lighting, the music was different from the gala, it was quicker, more freely, more pop, less of a standard way of dancing. Hayden began to move to the music, but he was, to put it gently, not that amazing of a dancer. “So then, you never really told me where you had travelled.”

Sara began dancing as well, seeming to move in perfect harmony to the music. “A number of places,” she grinned. “The Polis of Elon first, then the magocracy, though only for a short time. Takamagahara after that as you may be able to tell.” She laughed and motioned to her dress. “The Corporation, a few league cities. It was an enlightening experience all told.”

“Ah.” he said as he continued to dance. “I am starting to feel that I have amiss not visiting more places in the world.” He said before he took her hand and spinned her around with a laugh. “What was the most exciting place?”

“Hmm, that is difficult answer,” she said thoughtfully. “They all had their charms I suppose, but for excitement? I think I would have to give that to Pence.” She continued to dance, not elaborating.

He laughed. “Yea, I believe you compared this neighborhood to Pence, must have been bad.” He looked at her curiously. “What about the Corporation, I have heard its quite bad there.”

“It depends on where you go of course, but yes, many parts of it are very bad. In Free Vania there is so much pollution and waste in the air and streets.” She frowned as she remembered it. “I spent most of my time there volunteering at clinics. There are probably at least a few redeeming qualities, but I didn’t see them.”

Hayden frowned a slight bit. “A shame.” He said as the dance was coming to an end, before he gained a smirk. Taking hold of her, spinning her around and dipping her down, one hand behind her back, holding her up, and the other lifting her leg. Making him grin as he slowly lifted her up, laughing. “Now, if I can’t charm you with that, I fear I am near out of cards.”

Sara chuckled. “I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting it.” She straightened out her dress and popped up on her toes to kiss him lightly. “To be honest I wouldn’t have thought you’d ever danced before at first.” She laughed.

He laughed as well. “I have qualities, or so I like to think at least, but dancing is not one of them.” He said as he held his hands on her waist and looked into her eyes. “But that doesn't mean that I am too shy to have a bit of fun.” He looked around the room and frowned. “It seems the later stages of the party is starting.” He sighed. “Something I would rather avoid.” He looked back into her eyes. “So, do you want me to drive you home?” Before gaining a grin. “I do also own an apartment in this building if you prefer.”

“I think a drive home would be quite nice,” She smirked. “While we’re going you can explain to me what the later stages of the party entail and why you would have an apartment in the building.”

Hayden chuckled. “As you wish.” He said as he lead her out of the building and towards the car, before getting in. “The reason I own an apartment is because the guy who runs this gave it to me.” Hayden shook his head. “We are quite close, him and me, and have been for some years, I normally use the apartment as a refuge from the party when it gets too much, unlike some of the people in there, I am not that big of a party goer, and partly because of the later stages, and I didn't use to have a driver coming with me.”

Sara climbed in the car as well. “I see. Is the owner anyone I would have heard of before? Another one of you tycoons?” She joked.

“To some degree yes.” He said as he looked towards her and the car began to take off. “Now the later stages turn into an ancient, how shall I put it, feast perhaps. A lot of food will be served, a lot of drink as well, people tend to be drunk out of their mind. People often get so drunk that they lose their senses.” He said with a laugh. “But what then happens, is that quite a few guests start sleeping around with each other.” Hayden shook his head. “Now that is great and all, but the reason I dislike it is that it normally ends up involving drugs, and I had a relapse a few years ago, and since then I have been afraid of falling back in.”

“I was going to say, it sounds like quite a bit of fun, but I can certainly understand why you would be concerned.” She adjusted the seat, reclining back with a chuckle. “I would have kept you honest if we’d stayed though. Perhaps next time.” Hayden already knew that should they come again, he would most likely just shut himself away at the later stages once again.

“Perhaps.” He said with a smile before looking out the window. “If you truly want, we can turn around again if you promise to keep me clean, we only made a street after all.”

“Eh,” She shrugged with a sigh. “It is late enough already I think.”

He smiled, relieved. “Alright.” he said as they continued driving until they eventually made it to her apartment, he removed the mask, looking at her. “Another time?”

“Absolutely, this was fun.” she said, removing her own mask. “Just call.”

He looked at her for a moment, before placing his hand on the side of her face, kissing her before breaking it off. “I promise I will.”

She smiled as he pulled back, opening the door to the car. “Have a wonderful night Hayden, goodbye.” She climbed out of the car and closed the door.

Hayden sat back and relaxed as Henry rolled down the window, “Enjoyed the night master Hayden?” To which he nodded. “About time you spend some time enjoying life, you have been too busy with work as of late.” Henry just looked towards him for a moment. “She seems like a wonderful girl.” To which Hayden just nodded and closed his eyes as he leaned back. “I will wake you up when we arrive, master Hayden.”

Last edited:
Deadly attack in Vaedor!!

wDgk8ZJ.jpg

As you can see in the holo-pictures this is the bloody aftermath after the assassination attemp last night upon the Razquin brothers. As this cold novemver danwed upon us an attemp upon the lives of Carlos and Rodrigo Razquin have just failed with a deatholl in teh hundreds and many question of the why? left behind. Lets hear from our corresponsal in the area with more
information

That is right Tatiana, this is Roberta speaking. It seems five minutes to Ten O´clock on Wednesday night, as the two brothers were on their way to social events in Valencia (Rodrigo) and the city of Akra(carlos) their cars were blocked an attacked by masked man. As they were blocked and fire upon their bodyguards returned fire, turning the attack into a firefight in the middle of very congested main streets on both cities. Using an anti-armor grenade launcher Carlos Razquin vehicle was hit sending it flying and Carlos thought to be death as the attackers retreated when the authorities began pouring into the scene, however he survived the explosion, later statements would reveal Carlos would lose his right arm in the explosion but was alive and well.

The attack upon Rodrigo Razquin however left many more innocent victims as the careful man had a much bigger escort and well armed bodyguard group. In the downtown of Valencia City. the attackers used specially modified and deadly anti-personnel ammunition in combination with the usage of a series of anti-armor weaponry left hundreds of dead and thousand of injured from the innocent people in the street. As the two groups fought in the street and police helicopters began showing up, the attackers became more desperate in their attempt to end Rodrigo razquin life, including shooting down a helicopter police that was approaching the area (which left at least ten death in its crash). However Razquin and nearby police managed to stall the attackers, just as they retreaded a grenade went off near Rodrigo, some witness say he jumped to push away a young mother and her daughter out of the way (unconfirmed). The shrapnel of of the explosion torn apart his right side of the face and as it's believed he may have lost his right eye as reconstructive surgery is in process.

As the attackers retreated from the chaos several of their bodies were found. Information obtained from inside men on the police and public security department have revealed , that they may be from the Principality of Althine secret services. Just one hour ago several men believed to be involved were captured in Shirel city as mounting evidence of Althine involvement is obtained. However we wonder here...was it really althine? or it maybe just a distraction from the real culprits after all our eternal enemies in the south continue to test our patience. No matter what the truth is, we MUST make the culprits pay, they have attacked us in such a vile ways that cannot be forgiven!.

This has been all for the moment, keep watching GNN-Vaedor for more information.

Last edited: