• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hekmatyar continued his fiery attack, ignoring calls for calm.

"I have said and I do say that Pakistan is our friend brother - and you dare mock the faithful sent from our brothers, trained by our brothers! Pakistan has offered us aid in our righteous war, yet you would stand in their face and decry their efforts!

I excuse you and bid you to leave now, and so too your Brother Wardark if he too is so inclined to insult our brothers of the true faith within Pakistan. You attack me as one unfit to lead our Jihad, yet it is you who would poison the well from which our forces drink, slash the hands that offer bread.
"

Turning to the assembled crowd once more, noticeably turning away from Gailani, Hekmatyar continued.

"We must band together, we who stand for Afghanistan, but likewise hand in hand with those who fight for our cause from abroad. Our brothers have jumped to defend the prospects for an Islamic state, and it falls on us to embrace them and give them proper hospitality.

It is quite true that I have been in close cooperation with Pakistan, and now see that my forces are among the strongest, well-trained, and best-led in our Jihad. I have proven myself worthy as a guiding hand for our struggle, evident by my own successes and the international partnerships in which I have wisely cultivated, while others," he briefly glared at Gailani, "seem content to make ourselves the enemy of our own allies."

Burhanuddin Rabbani had silently watched over the proceeding between his fellow Mujahideen leaders. Carefully considering the arguments and issues presented so far, he finally moved to speak.

"Cool your tempers, brothers. The issue of leadership between us has been contentious for years. Even with the partial withdrawal of the atheist Soviet army, we cannot afford to turn on each on the question of control, their puppets in Kabul remain strong with tens of thousands of soldiers, and great quantities of equipment. It is also beyond question that Pakistan is a close friend ally to our efforts to liberate Afghanistan. It was foolish to even suggest a single leader take charge at this stage. The more pressing matter is one of coordination on military matters. Central leadership and political unity can be discussed when the atheists have been expelled from power."

Wardak stands.

"I see no purpose of my continuation here. Praise Muhammad, Peace be upon Him, the Shura is not a tool of Hekmatyar's or Pakistan's, only those loyal and rightful soldiers of the Prophet and Allah.

al-Salāmah brothers, may we meet again in more meaningful times."

Wardak leaves the safehouse, heading back to his forces.

Hekmatyar continued his fiery attack, ignoring calls for calm.

"I have said and I do say that Pakistan is our friend brother - and you dare mock the faithful sent from our brothers, trained by our brothers! Pakistan has offered us aid in our righteous war, yet you would stand in their face and decry their efforts!

I excuse you and bid you to leave now, and so too your Brother Wardark if he too is so inclined to insult our brothers of the true faith within Pakistan. You attack me as one unfit to lead our Jihad, yet it is you who would poison the well from which our forces drink, slash the hands that offer bread.
"

Turning to the assembled crowd once more, noticeably turning away from Gailani, Hekmatyar continued.

"We must band together, we who stand for Afghanistan, but likewise hand in hand with those who fight for our cause from abroad. Our brothers have jumped to defend the prospects for an Islamic state, and it falls on us to embrace them and give them proper hospitality.

It is quite true that I have been in close cooperation with Pakistan, and now see that my forces are among the strongest, well-trained, and best-led in our Jihad. I have proven myself worthy as a guiding hand for our struggle, evident by my own successes and the international partnerships in which I have wisely cultivated, while others," he briefly glared at Gailani, "seem content to make ourselves the enemy of our own allies."
Gailani chuckled.

"Look at him go! Like a real imam, you are. Preach to the masses, o teacher, do you not see their willingness to learn? The Holy Qu'ran has said that arrogance and tyranny, two things you seem to be exhibiting before, are greater sins. I'm very happy you're so worked up, in fact, your true colors have been shown. You're one of the men the Prophet, may Allah honor him and grant him peace, warned about. False Caliph. Shame, shame, shame.

Awfully sorry, esteemed brethren, Afghan and Pakistani alike. I simply see no point in running in circles after our lunatic mujahid here. May Allah heal you of whatever is going on up there, Gulbuddin. I shall follow Brother Wardak back to the pastures of lucidity and proper worship.

Bismillah, if any of you would wish to speak with me, do write a letter. My home is always open and I never raise my voice, unlike some men here.

Peace be upon you all, somebody ease poor Hekmatyar's nerves, please."

With that, the Pir rose and left, returning back to his base in Afghanistan.

Abdul's brief hopes of the meeting being salvaged were scattered once more. "Truly the matter of leadership has drawn lines between us, clearly it should never have been brought up. But if we continue to divide ourselves, we shall only be further weakened. I do not ask for you to like each other, but if our men are to live through the future fighting we must strike together. We must take as many valuable cities and locations as possible, and that was the intention of this meeting. Clearly our tempers have gotten the better of us, I ask for the meeting to be adjourned until they have calmed down. But I leave you with this. We must attack Jalalabad and I ask Rabanni and Mohammadi to attack Shinddand, dividing their force on two fronts." Muttering to himself, he asked for a nearby soldier to deliver his words to the departing parties.

During the time prior to the meeting, Wardak and Pir discussed the intelligence their respective spies gathered.

As-salāmuʿalayka, Commander Yusef. ((@Mikkel Glahder))

I have heard of your devotion to me and therefore to The Most High and the Prophet, may Allah honor Him and grant Him peace, and I know that is our collective qadar that victory will be granted to us, as we are right to cast out the shuravi invaders and their damned collaborators here. But remember, the universe itself is a manifestation of Allah al-Azal, for he is all things, all things are his. He is eternal. Therefore, know the words of the blessed Prophets, peace be upon them, always, and victory will reveal itself to you, as will all the secrets of the world, insha’Allah.

However, not even Allah al-Hakam can pull the trigger of a mujahid’s rifle, nor can he command an army in battle. He is al-Zahir, just as he is al-Batin, some days He fill see it fit to reveal his plans to man directly, and other days he will tell them through secrets wrapped within secrets. To exact the will of the Most High, it is our duty on Earth. Our spies report that there are over 5,000 shuravi collaborators in Farah and Shindand. These are overpowering numbers compared to yours, and due to our looking at certain offensives, insha’Allah, in the Southern provinces. Await further orders from myself or from Commander Wardak. If none come, or if the shuravi collaborators make their move first, prepare for the Jihad of the skirmish-- retreat to hills, send the shuravis’ concubines to the Haawiyah. Protection of your tanks is of the utmost import, insha’Allah, they will be the thing that will win us this war. Continue the Jihad of the skirmish until your brothers from the Harakat e-Inghilab come to aid you, or you are ordered to withdraw.

Fight well, bismillah.

Ašhadu ʾan lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, Muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh,
Pir Sayyid Ahmed Gailani

Wa alaikum as salaam Pir Sayyid Ahmed Gailani,

You, the most enlighted of all, my men and I are but ansar to the Jihad and the descendant of The Prophet Muhammed, Peace be upn Him, and we will do our best to drive out the shuravi invaders during our din Jihad, in the name of Allah and His Prophet Muhammed, may Allah honour Him and bring Him peace. I will always look to the words in Quran to deliver my blows to the enemy and drive them out in the name of Allah. I will await further orders from you my Sayyid and from Commander Wardak. I will bring us great victories, inshallah.

Lead well, bismillah

Ašhadu ʾan lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, Muḥammadur-rasūlu-llāh
Vali Farah Yousef

Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi leaves the meeting in sorrow of what could have been achieved followed by his men.

234px-Logo_of_Hezb-e_Islami_Khalis.svg.png

Hezb-e Islami Khalis
- To 'Abd al-Haq, 1888
- To 'Abd al-Rasul Sayyaf, 1889
- Khalis' Last Khutba of Ramadan, 1889
- From Haqqani to 'Azzam and Khalis; from Khalis to Tarar, 1989
- Mujahideen Special Operations Forces: Ten-Man Raiders, 1990

Last edited:
To Gen. Romanyuk Dmitriy Savvovich, Commander of the 34th Composite Air Corps

Salutations Comrade General!

I apologize for not coming to see you in person; I have been far too busy trying to catch the President of the Republic, who has gone conspicuously missing for the last few days, most likely ill with a cold. I would like to meet you again, if possible, before you and your unit depart our most beautiful country, to discuss and commend the contribution of your unit to the continued people’s sovereignty of Afghanistan.

Before your units leave, I would like to ask for one last joint mission. With the Soviet Forces wishing to withdraw in peace in the North, a decision has been made to carry out all air attacks far from where they may cause unrest in Soviet Sectors. We believe that the best areas for possible strikes would be the far-southern city of Spin-Boldak (In proximity to Qandahar airbase, as I am sure you are aware) and the eastern Republican held cities of Khost and Jalalabad. Both cities are host to an airbase, and therefore are of primary importance for Afghan aviation.

I believe that these attacks will ensure relative tranquillity for the troops wishing to withdraw in the north. While anti-air capabilities are well present in the areas of the proposed strikes, we hope that with a quick first strike performed by Soviet aviators and then followed up on by Afghan airplanes, we will be able to minimize any risk of missiles being fired at Soviet aircraft. I leave the minutia on the Afghan side not to myself but the various Squadron Commanders.

I hope all is well,
Commander of the Afghan Air Force,

Abdul Qadir Aqa

A Letter to the Khalist Mujahedin commander in Kabul, Abdul Haq

Assalaamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Brother Abdul Haq,

Brother Abdul Haq your attempt at organising a meeting amongst our fellow rebel leaders were certainly well intentioned but even good intentions could not quell Brother Hekmatyar's temper.This letter however concerns a different matter I wish to discuss the situation in Kabul with you so we may coordinate a plan to destroy the satanic soviet forces in the area.

May Allah guide you and your men,

Ashadu alla ilaha illallah wa Ashadu Anna Muhammadar-rasulullah ,
Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi

Last edited:
234px-Logo_of_Hezb-e_Islami_Khalis.svg.png

Hezb-e Islami Khalis

yunis-khalis.jpg

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Raheem [In the Name of Allah, the Beneficient, the Merciful]

From Mawlawi Mohammad Yunus Khalis to 'Abd al-Haq,

Al-Salamu 'Ala Man Itaba'a al-Huda [Peace be Upon Him Who Follows the Right Guidance]
Ama Ba'd:

News has reached us of your perfidity and lies to the loyal mujahideen I left under your command; and news has reached us also of your attempts to seize power for yourself inspired by naught but greed and the whisperings of the Evil One. And news has reached us of your debacles and failures in your attempts to reconcile the many factions of the mujahideen, and it was Allah, Most Glorious, Most Just, who caused your abject failure - for you acted without consulting your Amir, and you did all that you did without my presence. And had I been present then Allah, Most High, would surely have rained his blessings upon us all and created unity where once there was disunity and discord. But you were rash and your intentions utterly insincere, and Allah was never to grant you success when you had betrayed your Amir and proven utterly perfidious.

Were it not that Allah has caused serenity to descend upon me, and were it not so that you are yet dear to my heart and a brother and disciple, then I would have had your neck struck and each of your fingers, and I would have made it so that your Eternal Soul ascended the seven heavens and was forthwith judged by the Most Vengeful. But in His Mercy he has bid me be merciful, for Allah, Most Merciful, loves those who show mercy - and it is my hope that He shall show me mercy on the Day when there is no mercy but His Mercy, and I hope that He shall look upon me then and forgive me for all my shortcomings due to my display here. So be grateful to the Most Merciful, for His Mercy has superceded His Justice and you are for your crimes forgiven.

But I cannot forgive the gorge, the great divide, you have created between the mujahideen, and it is now your duty to turn your every effort to the coming battle againt the kuffar for the liberation of our homeland, and put aside all thoughts not concerned with your military duties. Rid yourself of the Evil One's whisperings and commit yourself fully to achieving Allah's Victory. And He will grant you victory if you are sincere and you follow your Amir. Remember that always, and remember Allah's Mercy, and await my next letter to you wherein I shall detail to you our battle plans.

Wal-Salam 'Alaykum wa-Rahmat Allah wa-Barakatuhu

Last edited:
Abdul Haq quickly wrote back to Khalis.
"I apologize for my impudence, but your mysterious trip left me at a loss for what to do. These are hard times, times that require leadership, a sign of weakness could have led to several deserting. As such I took temporary power and emphasized that it was merely a posistion till you returned. Any man knew that you were still our great leader.

As for the matter of the Shura, I had hoped to win us friends with our fellow rebels, and I can't say I didn't succeed. The meeting has been fully recorded and it should be clear that I was one of the few that tried to keep the meeting together. Others shall surely recognize this and appreciate future dealings with us.

I shall carry out your orders, and I must beg for your forgiveness, but I hope for your forgiveness in the name of Allah.

x69G6u8C1rk.jpg

General Gromov,

It brings me great confidence to know that you share my confidence in the Afghan army to defeat the terrorists infesting our country. The river of blood that has been shed by Soviet troops will not be in vain. However, as I understand it the withdrawal of your army is not a complete disengagement from Afghan affairs, with Soviet army instructors remaining to train Afghan comrades and the USSR continuing to supply vehicles, equipment, and munitions to the Afghan National Army. With that in mind, we request that your forces in Bagram leave behind [REDACTED] for use by Afghan forces in the continuing fight.

Concerning offensive operations in the areas where your troops remain, we intend to conduct a minor operation in the vincinity of [REDACTED], with the aim of recapturing [REDACTED]. If you would prefer for the ANA to delay operations in this area, we shall do so.

-Najib

tHu9gtW.jpg

Col. Sultan Amir Tarar, Special Services Group, Pakistan Army

"It is certainly a grave shame that this meeting had to end like this. But alas, at least it proved to us who in fact the rashly acting hot-heads are, and who those who are ready to sit down are and talk matters throughout. Nevertheless, the collapse of this meeting is a shameful and regrettable turn of events, because the groups that have now left this very room represent a very large proportion of the mujahiden fighting force, especially in the northern and southern sectors.

Let me remind you, brothers, that even if Kabul was to fall, the rest of the country may need to be liberated separately. For this we do need these men, no matter how disrespectful and arrogant their commanders might have seemed in our discussions. Thus, brothers, I urge and plead you to conduct negotiations in order to be able to set up a broad shura or even an interim government. Even though Pakistan does indeed prefer that either Gulbuddin Hekmatyar or Abdul Rasul Sayyaf leads it, we are certainly aware that some division and delegation of power and authority might be needed in order to placate these groups. It is crucial to win over the support of at least both Burnahuddin Rabbani and Nabi Mohammadi, in order to ensure the success of our project.

What I, and what my superiors in Islamabad and certainly our friends in Washington think is needed, is a successful operation. One commanded and conducted by the groups still represented in this room, with sufficient and, may I stress, generous aid from our operatives. Great successes of jihad and humiliation of the shuravi and their traitorous proxies will certainly force those misguided brothers who abandoned us to rethink their opinions and hasty words of threats and rejection. I now leave you brothers to discuss the location and operational plans of this operation, though it should be perfectly clear where we would prefer it conducted. Nevertheless, I am sure my superiors would be ready to consider alternate plans."

((Commander of Bagram Garrison, Mohammed Zafar Khan ))

Abd-ul-lah al-Rasul Sayaff remains quiet for most of the meeting, yet he makes it subtly clear that he stands firmly on the side of Hekmatyar and the Pakistanis, while not attracting too much defamation.
"Leave them be, brother, us Pasthun can be hot-headed sometimes. The time is not yet ripe - it is still to early to find a new wali for the Mujaheedeen. When the Lion is eating, it is best not to trouble him with decisions. I suggest we reconciliate, for now, we mustn't quarrel with Gailani - Kabul is still in the hands of Shaytan's crusaders, and the Ruthenians are not yet out. And, besides, Pakistani, leaders are not born through talk and smoking, leaders are born through action. Whoever sits in Kabul and Jalalabad by the end of the decade will naturally become the new Sultan. The Muhajeedeen have not yet seen enough victories, for the people to accept a new Great Leader."

WIth this, the head of Ittehad and Islami nods to the remaining soldiers and slips away in good will.

To Lt. Gen. Gromov,

Salutations, Comrade Lieutenant General.

I am writing to you to thank you for the vital service which the Combat Troops of the Soviet Union have, over these last years, performed within Afghanistan. Without the help and sacrifice of brave Soviet airmen, the Afghan Airforce would not exist in its current state, and for that this nation is eternally grateful.

As your troops withdraw, I have authorised several operations for the Afghan Airforce that should make your final journey from this country one of peace. We will be making sure any groups still willing to throw their lives away attacking Soviet columns will be tied up in other operations in other areas of the country. Furthermore, I have personally picked a few of the finest Afghan squadrons and told them to remain at readiness; if any fighting does occur in the North, they will be ready to put an end to it immediately.

I come to you also with one final plea. While the equipment we possess is plentiful, we will need to slowly start replacing Soviet pilots and crews with Afghan ones. Any mechanics the Soviet Union can spare to maintain our airforce, and more importantly, train our ground crews, will be appreciated. In terms of equipment I ask only that we think in the long term, and begin training the Afghan Air Force on newer machines, like the Su-24. I would be eternally grateful if a few models could be provided to begin training pilots in the art of Close Air Support.

I hope all is well,
Commander of the Afghan Air Force,

Abdul Qadir Aqa

tanai-310x200.jpg

Defense Minster, Chief of Army Staff, Shahnawaz Tanai
To Lt. General Boris Gromov, Commander of the Soviet 40th Army,

I wish to convey first Comrade Gromov that the Afghan National Army has the upmost respect for the valiant and heroic efforts of the Soviet 40th Army in it's campaign to help rid Afghanistan of these vile and corrupted souls who plague the countryside with their false edicts and ideology. But a new era has come forth for our great nation, where we must carry the mantle forward continuing the progress the Soviet Union and her patriotic soldiers have brought upon our people in the name of socialism and prosperity. I hope we can help aid one another while the remaining elements of the 40th Army are still stationed in Afghanistan to show these "Mujahideen" we are a force to be reckoned with and not easily overthrown.

As such, I humbly request from your office and that of Moscow for the training of [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] for 6-12 months, which has gathered interest within the Afghan military for the long-term efforts against rebel forces. Also I request the purchase of [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] alongside the arrival of [REDACTED] to help bolster our capabilities going into next year, to help smooth the transition of the 40th Army's departure.

Finally, I wish you the best Comrade Lt. General Gromov, I will miss you dearly for your will and determination to aid our people is unprecedented and will always be admired in Afghanistan for your efforts.

Shahnawaz Tanai,
Defense Minister
Chief of Army Staff