• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't call anyone a liar. Maybe something happened that prevented an update.
It is approaching the end of many school years. People have final papers and tests they have to do. It can prevent both people sending orders, and GMs from having time to do stuff. Several other forum games I am in have been delayed due to RL issues like that. It is also not proper form to call a GM a liar. They put a lot of time and effort into making these games. They deserve some respect.

It is approaching the end of many school years. People have final papers and tests they have to do. It can prevent both people sending orders, and GMs from having time to do stuff. Several other forum games I am in have been delayed due to RL issues like that. It is also not proper form to call a GM a liar. They put a lot of time and effort into making these games. They deserve some respect.
I know....

((Yea, I just had a busy weekend mixed with crappy wifi. Apologies for that))

April-June 1993​

World News

20834838844d82c52c4f5a1.jpg

During early April of 1993 a nuclear reactor in the secret Russian city of Seversk known as Tomsk 7 exploded leading to a nuclear disaster in the isolated central Russian city.

April-An alleged assassination plot by Iraq on former President Bush's life is revealed by Kuwaiti Authorities
April 6-Nuclear Accident occurs at Tomsk 7 in Central Russia
April 16-Amidst the Bosnian conflict, the region of Srebrenica, once the sight of genocide, is declared safe by the UN
April 22-The Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. is opened
April 23-A re-surge of Tuberculosis leads to the announcement of Global Emergency

May 1-The French Prime Minister Pierre Beregovoy commits suicide
May 9-The first democratic elections in Paraguay in 40 years.
May 24-The Nation of Eritrea becomes officially independent.
May 27-Mafia bombing of the Uffizi Museum in Florence.

June 1-Protests in Belgrade against Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic
June 8-End of Ceasefire between the PKK and the state of Iraq
June 24-The Unabomber injures Yale University's David Gelernter
June 25-Election of Canada's first ever Female Prime Minister, Kim Campbell
June 26-Beginning of mass damage caused by Typhoon Koryn in the Far East.
June 27-US Missile strikes are made against Iraqi Intelligence buildings.

Orders

((Only the orders that I Have received, some sent Budget, but not the other portion))

Indonesian Chairman Liem Swei King prepares to move the nation's Olympic Committee seat to Denpasar with the construction of training Facilities. Construction takes longer than planned, but once complete the facilities are top tier. [+2 Summer, -2 Budget]

Dealing with the costs of new facilities, King begins a campaign for Corporate Sponsorship. The Bank Central Asia provides modest investments. [+1 Budget]

Budget Results: [+1 Budget]

In the United States, Olympic Chairman Ryan Ford began conversations with various US Politicians in the hopes of increasing Government Support. In anticipation of the coming Atlanta Games, Congress was highly supportive going to the extent of Inviting him to address the Legislative Body in Mid-May. [+20% Gov't Support]

In the hope of increasing financial support for winter athletics and facilities in preparation for Lillehammer, Ryan Ford visited with numerous Corporate Allies and sponsors. Many big deals have been made with McDonald's, Nike, and Coca Cola. [+2 Budget]

Budget Results: [+1 Budget, +1 Summer]

In the PRC, various Olympic agents are sent out across the country to scout talents. The searches come with modest results. [+1 Winter]

Peng Keqiang coordinated many meetings with China's business leaders to establish contracts. A major contract is established with Automobile Manufacturer Geely,
[+2 Budget]

Germany's Floris Helsington began a campaign for Corporate sponsorship not only in Germany, but also with Swiss companies. This leads to some minor discontent by Swiss Olympic Authorities, but some contracts are made with Air Berlin which has expressed great support for Berlin's bid.
[+1 Budget]

Helsington establishes puts funding into the construction of Gymnasiums across the country. The efforts succeed in modernizing facilities in Eastern Germany. [+1 Summer, -1 Budget]

Budget Results: [+3% Gov't Support, +1 Summer]

Budget Results/Russia: [+2 Gov't Support, +1 Budget]

Chairman Romano of Italy gains audience with numerous Influential Politicians, many of whom are impressed by his leadership of Italian Athletics.
[+10% Gov't Support]

Monetary efforts are put forth to renovate Facilities already in place from the World Cup and the Giro d'Italia. Efforts bring moderate reconstruction and funds. [+1 Budget, +1 Summer]

Budget Results: [+1 Winter, +5% Gov't Support, +1 Budget]

Amidst the flourish of interest following Stockholm's decision to bid for the 2000 Olympics, the SOC earns support from IKEA and Volvo. [+2 Budget]

Thomas Wassberg takes his Bid to the Media, participating in numerous interviews. Unfortunately a misinterpretation in one interview with BBC is taken as an insult against the other bidding nations and worries the Swedish Government. [-5% Gov't Support]

Budget Results: [+1 Winter, +5% Gov't Support]

A media campaign on Télé Monte Carlo took to convincing the Nation's Youth of its great opportunity to win Monaco's first ever Medal at Lillehammer. [+5% Gov't Support]

Efforts to gain sponsorship from Venturi Automobiles are fully successful as the Luxery Car company becomes the Primary Sponser of the Co-Host Bid for 2000. [+2 Budget]

Budget/Spain: [+1 Summer, +3 Budget]

IOC Bid Opinions

On the Topic of The Russian Federation's Bid for the City of Saint Petersburg...

Members of the International Olympic Committee visited the City of Saint Petersburg for the Duration of Four Days beginning on March 1.

Upon Such Review the International Committee Finds that...

• The Russian Federation shows a Clear Interest in expressing that the nation has moved on from its Soviet Past
  • The ROC has highly sufficient knowledge of Local Facilities and their Need for Repair.
  • Russian Local Law Enforcement and Military Forces can come in a size that is far sufficient.

And Also Find Concerns in that...

• The Federation is in a position of questionable Government Stability
  • A recent increase in Anti-Russian Terrorist Activity could threaten the Games
  • The economic stature of the Federation is unstable and thus Public Support may be weak.

With these Reviews in Mind the IOC Presents the St. Petersburg bid with a score of 6.7 out of 10.

On the Topic of the Kingdom of Sweden's Bid for the City of Stockholm...

Members of the International Olympic Committee visited the City of Stockholm for the Duration of Four Days beginning on March 7.

Upon Such Review the Olympic Committee Finds that...

• The SOC has clear plans for the Construction of a Stadium and are fully knowing of the Financial Implications of such.
  • The SOC provides the curious idea of Breaking Olympic Records with construction of 100,000 Person Capacity Stadium.
  • Swedish Security Forces will be sufficient in number.

• Preparations for Employee Screenings and Security Cameras are already underway and are satisfactory to the IOC.

And Also Find Concerns in that...

• Recent Government Support has been somewhat unstable.
  • The Swedish Nation is currently in a Financial Downturn and will have to rely heavily on the Private Sector.

With these Reviews in Mind the IOC Presents the Stockholm Bid with a score of 7.8 out of 10

On the Topic of the Co-Bid by the French Republic and the Principality of Monaco for the Cities of Monaco and Nice...

Members of the International Olympic Committee visited the Cities of Nice and Monaco for the Duration of Four Days beginning on March 15.

• The Nation of France will be able to present a descent amount of Security Forces
  • Finances appear sufficiently supportive of new Facilities in Nice and Security.
  • The Stade Louis II, with renovation, should present a fine venue for Olympic Ceremonies.

And Also Finds Concerns in that...

• The Small, Compact Nature of Monaco could present concerns for hosting large amounts of attendees.
  • Monacan Security may be insufficient in protecting facilities.
  • A Co-Host could present issues in regards to join security

With these Reviews in Mind the IOC Presents the Monaco-Nice Bid with a score of 6.8 out of 10.

On the Topic of the Bid by the Federal Republic of Germany for the City of Berlin...

Members of the International Olympic Committee visited the City of Berlin for the Duration of Four Days beginning on March 21.

• The Federal Republic presents a major investment in Olympic Security.
  • The DOC provides sufficient funding for the Maintenance of Facilities and Stadiums in Berlin
  • Already present Facilities such as the Olympiastadion could easily sustain an Olympic Ceremony with expansion and renovation.

And Also Finds Concerns in that...

• The Recently Unified Nation of Germany may have better use of funds to aid the Eastern Portion of the country.

With these Reviews in Mind the IOC Presents the Berlin with with a score of 8 out of 10.

Now, for the Bidding Nations, Provide an In-Thread Defense of your Bid in Speech format.

I will not put up an Orders Deadline Yet, but you can start sending them in.

Also, If you want to do IC's about World News Events or Olympic.. "Stuffs" go ahead. I may benefit anyone who does more ICing.

Stats updated Soon.

Chairman Romano of Italy gains audience with numerous Influential Politicians, many of whom are impressed by his leadership of Italian Athletics.
[+10% Gov't Support]

Monetary efforts are put forth to renovate Facilities already in place from the World Cup and the Giro d'Italia. Efforts bring moderate reconstruction and funds. [+1 Budget, +1 Summer]

Budget Results: [+1 Winter, +5% Gov't Support, +1 Budget]

Shouldn't the budget results be +10% Gov't Support and Summer upgraded, as mentioned in the orders?

Shouldn't the budget results be +10% Gov't Support and Summer upgraded, as mentioned in the orders?

Budget Results are what you get from the Budgeting Portion of Orders. Unless that's what you mean and I listed them wrong, I just checked your PM and I believe the they went in line with how you budgeted. I roll on all portions of the orders so if something is extra or missing that's why.

What do you mean by in speech format?

Do you mean like this "Hi"

Or a dialogue like this

He says hi

You say hi back

A Speech like an Address to the IOC Members.

Most stats are rated from 1 to 10 if I didn't read rules wrong (with special traits allowing some to go to 11, such as for budgetting for businessmen), what happens when one of those who are maxed out gets +Budget? Is it simply ignored or does it give some other bonus.

Is this still going on?

Most stats are rated from 1 to 10 if I didn't read rules wrong (with special traits allowing some to go to 11, such as for budgetting for businessmen), what happens when one of those who are maxed out gets +Budget? Is it simply ignored or does it give some other bonus.

Percents then just exceed 100, not just for businessmen. if you get additional budget that is added on.... as for a max, that is honestly still up for determination.

Italian Ambitions and Condemnations

27th of June, 1993, the press conference of Gabriele Romano, Chairman of CONI (Italian National Olympics Committee)

I greet all interested parties, as I wish to update on our future plans within the CONI.

I can already now reveal that it is our intention to be host of the Olympics within the next 15 years, and we are taking great strides to ensure that.

First off we have started to renovate facilities across all of Italy. Not only should this help ensure that our athletes will have access to state of the art training grounds, but to host the Olympics also require that we have the infrastructure.

Now we already have some advantages that most other nations do not possess. With Italy hosting the FIFA world cup only 3 years ago, many arenas that will be used in a Summer Olympics has already been brought up to the most modern standards. And we already host one of the Grand Tours in the cycling world each year. So we already got much in place in order to impress the IOC in our future bid.

However, that is not the reason I called this press meeting. No the reason is far more serious.

In this nation there are a few who ruin things for many. Terrorists struck at the Uffizi. And I say no, my fellow italians. We must stop to take such actions this instant. Because such actions are some reasons for a nation to become disqualified as a host.

From the recent report of the International Olympic Committee, it became obvious that Russia's chance of becoming the host was small. And the major reasons for the IOC grading St. Petersburg low was quite simply because there was an uncertainty about the safety due to terrorism.

People of Italy, I urge you to not escalate or repeat the terrorist actions, and instead help us turn Italy into the future favourite of the Olympics.

discours de truc

"Aujourd'hui, La Principauté de Monaco Etats, que bien qu'il serait très difficile à tenir tant de gens dans un si petit espace, Monaco est framiliar avec cela, comme nous le faisons dans notre Grand Prix, nous avons une soulution pour les personnes de logement, Nice. Et même si une offre co-hôte assurer une certaine sécurité sommaire, Monaco part l'ouverture des frontières avec la France permettant le mouvement des troupes facile."

English Translation:

Speech Thingy

"Today, The Principality of Monaco states, that although it would be very hard to fit so many people in such a small area, Monaco is framiliar with this, as we do in our Grand Prix we have a soulution for housing people, Nice. And although a co-host bid will provide some sketchy security, Monaco shares open borders with France allowing for easy troop movement."
Little known fact, the native language of Albert Grimaldi is English! A bit more known fact, Monaco has a language native only to itself, but French is the official language.

Just wanted to mention, people could be a dependency like Puerto Rico, as well they are recognized as nations in the IOC's eyes...

Swedish Olympic Committee​

Good afternoon and welcome, most esteemed members of the International Olympic Committee; before I make my official appeal on the behalf of the city of Stockholm’s appeal to be the host of the 2000 Summer Olympics, I wish to take a moment and thank the Committee for both agreeing to the nomination and for its high ranking on the city, despite the recent economic turmoil within my home country, which I do intend to address later.

First and foremost, I would take a moment to address the concerns of the Committee regarding the political stability of the Kingdom of Sweden; while it is indeed true there has been some small degree of turmoil, it should be noted that Sweden has a long and proud democratic tradition, that virtually all major parties are in favour of hosting the 2000 Summer Olympics, and that in any case, the recent political situation is quite likely nothing more than a minor flare-up of issues. The Swedish government offers its complete assurances that the Kingdom will have both the stability and the national support to hose these venerable games.

Secondly, regarding the financial matter of the country, private investors have already shown a great deal of interest in providing a none to inconsequential amount of aid, and the government can and will provide a fair amount of support, even during these trying times. We do however fully expect the economic situation of Sweden to rectify itself in short order, and once that occurs, far more generous funding, in part with the private donations, and other means of accruing capital, the Swedish Olympic Committee is, in its entirety, extremely confident in the overall shape of the Swedish economy.

Lastly, and also in regards to the economic matter of Sweden, I and the rest of the Swedish Olympic Committee believe firmly that by hosting the games, the amount of revenue generated from tourism, increased hiring, and other secondary and tertiary means will provide Sweden with an almost assured boon to its economy. Furthermore, I would note that, disregarding all of this, Stockholm has an Olympic history, and what better way is there to usher in the new millennium then by paying homage to the past whilst celebrating the future? With our grand plans of the greatest Olympic Stadium within an historic city such as Stockholm, we feel that there is no better choice than beautiful Stockholm.

Thank you all very much for your time.

~ The President of the SOC.