[Forum Game] Evolve A Blob to Greatness: The Evolutionary Suggestion Game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
+1 to these. JohnKjeken's suggestion is from a previous turn and thus invalid now. Pain is pretty useful for developing our senses and becoming venomous will dissuade other things from eating us even if we can't yet become the apex predator.

I'll consider it valid, mainly because I accidentally posted too early and thus announced this turn too early.

I tried to use my (extremely limited) Paint ability to draw a rough sketch of our creature:

Here's the Seafloor Blob, not very impressive to say the least.
ibzkGXo2zA05tA.png

And here's the Tentacle Blob, in all of its freely-moving tentacular glory.
Brown stuff is supposed to be the shelled cells that attach themselves to the Blob to reproduce.
iJ7SBpzBXKsIQ.png

And here's the modern Floater, much better than previously, isn't it?
imotFuJEi5yg1.png

Someone needs to suggest toxic diarrhea as a way of killing our enemies and feeding our babies.

Toxic diarrhea as a way of killing our enemies and feeding our babies.

I cancelled my previous votes

Suggestion: The ability to feel pain

+1
Suggestion: Tentacle Regeneration. If the Blob is damaged and loses some of its tentacles, it has the ability to regrow them over a period of time. A Blob without its tentacles is no Blob at all.

+1, for I feel this is similar to Limited Stem Cells and as such really useful.

Last edited:
Toxic diarrhea as a way of killing our enemies and feeding our babies.
I think I understood what should be our main objective, how our creature should look like at the end of this quest. It's all explained here in this video:

[video=youtube;0w5neFPat1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w[/video]
Just this thing, with more tentacles!

Then all we need to do is destroy all flushing devices and the world will be ours for the taking!
That and develop musical capabilities.

Sorry, but this obsession with butts is getting out of hand. I veto this suggestion.
Aww. :(

Suggestion: Limited Stem Cell regeneration. If fleeing from a predator and hurt, this will allow the Floater to recover from the damage done.

+1

Do adaptations have tradeoffs?
In real organisms, regeneration and high cellular specialization are close to exclusive, because of the extreme energy investment in maintaining both. Will evolving regenerative properties inhibit later differentiations of organs and limbs?

Suggestion: Cephalization (e.g. evolving a head :)): Since losing our feeding apparatus means death, this would be the proper place to locate a nerve cluster. If we die from an injury there anyways, why not keep all our vulnerable spots in the same place?

Time to go fully predatory!

Suggestion: our main tentacles will develop a venom that can paralyze and kill anything they touch, when and if the Floater wants. The venom has no effect on the Floater itself, of course (it would be pretty stupid otherwise).

Suggestion: the Floater will develop a Mouth and a Stomach to eat and digest bigger preys.

+1
That's primordial intelligence. Very useful stuff.

+1
+1

You can only vote for two suggestions at a time :p

In that case I am just gonna back the predatory one, though in spirit I will back the octopusifaction one