President of California
- Jul 21, 2010
Hello, and welcome! I would like to invite each and every one of you to my latest forum game, Empire of the Pacific!
To some of you, this name might seem familiar, and that's because it shares the name, and the inspiration, from my most successful AAR for Victoria II. Now, you might be thinking this is all well and good, and perplexed by what exactly this forum game is. Here, you shall take the place of any citizen inside the Californian Republic, and roleplay as them moving through the country's history. While it will be primarily centred around governmental figures, this does not always have to be the case, you may be a titan of industry, the leader of a union group, or the small indigenous population seeking to assert their rights. This game is wide open for any possibilities, and any players.
Now, this game seeks to bring the player-character games on this forum to a new level. For those who have read The Presidents by BigBadBob and have read Crisis in the Reichstag by myself, you'll have a loose understanding of how this game will progress. As it stands, the game will open on March 19th, 1845, the first official day of Californian independence from Mexico. The history behind the country is expanded on in a post below. In this game, the government will be responsible for foreign affairs, responding to crises that may arise, as well as the mundane operations of government, such as budgets and frontier settlement. This game will be highly IC driven, and will have an electoral system similar to that The Presidents had. Updates will take place over the course of a year, filled with information about the operations of the country, and to reflect the IC that is posted. There will be stats and information for this game, detailing California's economy and government. Below is a template that can be used to sign up for this game, and it's NEVER too late to join.
Name: John F. Cameron
Occupation: President of the United States
Date of Birth: July 9th, 1798
Political Party: Federal Party
Biography: Born in western Kentucky, John Cameron grew up in the woods of Kentucky, where he joined the Kentucky Militia in the 1820s, gaining the rank of Sergeant. He was persuaded into Congressional Politics by his fellow militiamen, striking out against what he felt was a grave injustice done against Kentucky by the Federal Government. Being elected to Congress as a Federalist, he showed himself to be a masterful politician, colourful and vivid in his speeches, he was the natural choice for the Presidency during the 1843 election. After winning in a landslide, President Cameron currently resides over a restless country.
1) Use the link provided above.
2) Choose the Flash app or the Java app.
3) Create a screen name; it’s recommended that you use your forum name, if available.
4) Close the #coldfront channel that opens automatically.
5) In the command box, type “/join #WiR_Main” without the quotation marks.
6) You’re in the chat! Welcome!
The way this game is structured makes the year rather unique. The largest updates are called the Presidential Year updates which shall cover a majority of the year, and will give information about the country as a whole during these months. There will be a total of three full years of updates (on a weekly basis) that will allow the President and Congress to government, and by the end of the President's term, the Party Nominations for President open, allowing anyone in the party to challenge for the Party's Nomination. The next update, which will be "Presidential Election - Voting" will have the result of the Primaries, as well as open the floor for the participants of the game to vote for President. The next update will be the Presidential Election Results, and will follow through to the first year of the new President's term in office.
1. Presidential Year #1, 2, & 3 (January-December)
2. Presidential Year #4, 5, & 6 (January-October)
3. Presidential Election - Voting
4. Presidential Election - Results
Table of Contents
History of California (1842-)
Legislation & Government of the Californian Government
Statistics of the Californian Republic
Information on Elections
1. Only the President is elected. Players are free to announce themselves as part of the Assembly. Players MAY NOT be Senators unless they have already been elected and served as President with their character.
2. All parties must have an internal primary and the party leader MUST PM me their candidate of choice within twenty-four hours (24) of the post I make in thread.
3. Any party member can request I make a public vote for party leadership control. If successful, they inherit complete control of the party.
4. The President is elected via secret ballot. 50% of the vote total comes from Player Characters (PC) while the other 50% comes from the population as a whole. One cannot win on player support alone, and must campaign and stay within the good graces of the public in order to win.
5. A Presidential Election will end when the voting period has either surpassed 48 hours or 90% of the Participant Population.