[Forum Game] Edge of Darkness: Ashes of the Phoenix

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oops, I must've read the rules incorrectly. :eek:o

Take 2:
Leadership: 3
Bargaining: 1
Negotiation: 2
At'll do. Now, later today I must Holiday shop, so I might not be able to get the starting situation up, but I should eventually get some nice IC going.

At'll do. Now, later today I must Holiday shop, so I might not be able to get the starting situation up, but I should eventually get some nice IC going.

Hack GM badgers me for stats. Hack GM delays stats. Hack GM is hack. :p (Just kidding, of course)

The First Turn

Spes Magna. Once, it was a great city, nearly rivaling the greatest metropolises of Terra. Now, it is in flames. The upper space ports where you and the rest of the crew have landed are a bustle of activity, and you are sure that corruption and trickery lie just below the surface of this occupation. There are too many new officers, and the scene is too chaotic, for anything else. While you and the crew are tempted to visit the residential area (nearly everybody on Mars had some relative living there), the discipline and protocol first established on the landing have held so far, at least to the extent of keeping the soldiers and the civilians separate. And since you're masquerading as contracted alvagers, "soldiers" includes you and the rest of the crew.

Ahead of you lies a predicament. As a group, you know precisely how to get past the Solar Fleet's questions, and you feel confident that you can leave Mars. however, what to do with the weapons is still a real issue. The price for the weaponry that you have aboard is staggeringly high (each 1 ton crate will sell for 1500 Credits. Given the Starting Bargaining Value of 1 for the captain, you guys start with 700 credits), but you could also use the weapons to upgrade the Sirius once you get to a more secure location. Your engineer might even be able to make some changes now. Any move to sell your armaments must be weighed against the fact that an ex-Colonial ship would be selling high-end Colonial weapons, which might attract somebody's eye.

At the end of the day, the Captain has the last word on how to proceed. Will he take a vote? Decide for himself? only time will tell...

((This is where you guys come in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, but you may organize yourselves however you wish, or the Captain can be a dictator, whatever you guys wish. I'd like to stress that loyalty and solidarity is pretty important, and IC is encouraged (good IC may result in bonuses later). Good luck, and have fun! :) ))

Last edited:
Right then, we've taken a nice, week long break, and seeing as iisbroke just plugged the game in his own thread, we might as well try for some activity over here. Obviously, nothing should be decided until after the third (as that is when Bia plans to be back), but I'd like for those of you who can to float some ideas as to what to do and where to go. Consider orders for this due by the 5th of January, 2015.

In the cargobay of Sirius

Marty was checking the weapon and ammo crates and wondering what to do with it. Same time wondering why he was in here now. He could be in big battleship, but still he was here… and going to make run past Solar Fleet, he could have been in the Solar Fleet right now.

In the past Marty Scriven was fast rising officer with good ability to repair anything and patch up everyone. He was enjoying his life maybe too much, precisely he enjoyed women too much. Not that it was effecting his work in a ship, but it was effecting his career a lot.

Marty didn´t care if the woman was single, in relationship or married, he just took them if he wanted (well not all of them, he had some taste tho). After too many high rank officers girlfriends, wives and daughters his career in the fleet was near the end. He had changed posts so many times and his “reputation” had foreseen him, he had no post to claim.

He returned to Mars to his family and friends. He got bored and joined the independency forces, after time he found himself in the Sirius with interesting crew.

“Well it can´t get any worse...” He said to himself and smiled...

will be away for roughly 2-3 weeks will try to get internet and post when i can

Maybe someone could sub you, this game isn´t going to run very smoothly if one is away or it will but it will be like three legged horse...
I hate to sub people out before they have a chance, but I'd like to get this one off of the ground, so activity is going to be really helpful. Please try and post something guys, or I'll eventually be forced to sub some of you out.

Ill still try to get on just saying cant be uber active

J.T. Drake sat at the pilot's console, looking over the instruments, ready to engage at a moments notice.

"Well, cap, I suggest we just get the hell outta 'ere," he drawled out. "Let us go somewhere, sell the crap to highest bidder. Splitting that in four should give us all more than enough for some much needed r & r. Do you know how much I long for the touch of a beautiful woman?!?"

Captain Ross rose from his seat at the front of the bridge.

"Well, I have carefully considered both options, and I think that we can get more out of our cargo by selling it."

Ok, so the captain has made his decision.

In order to successfully sell the weapons at the increased price without anybody in a position of authority noticing that the rebels are the ones doing the selling, you must roll an evade of 15 (to be completed by the pilot), and a negotiation of 15 (completed by the Captain).

Pilot rolled a d10 which came up to a 7 + 6 (rank) + 3 (evade skill) = 17. The pilot successfully navigated the ship to some scumbag arms-dealer without anybody stopping you or noticing.

Now the Captain has to convince the arms-dealer to buy the weapons at a high price.

Captain rolled a d10 for a 2 + 6 (rank) + 2 (Negotiation Skill) = 10. Unfortunately, you did not make the 15. What this means is that local Solar Fleet officers will eventually come to the conclusion that you do in fact have rebel weapons because you are rebels. The arms-dealer will also buy these weapons, although he will not pay as much for them. 750 * 2 (for 2 weapons crates) * 1.05 (for bargaining skill) = 1575 Credits.

The crew has made 1,575 Credits by selling off the weapons. Now, you have to decide where to head next. Good luck.

OK, the activity here is quite low. Despite this, I am quite willing to continue trying. I need orders to move in soon, people, so that we can start this, and hopefully gain some momentum on the activity front. All of your ideas can be shared here in the thread, and I'd really like some discussion as to where you need to go next. Keep in mind that you need to reach Far-Reach in order to win the game.

I'm going to here the captains suggestion, right now I don't mind where we go

((Yeah, Captain is the most important guy (unless you people want a democracy), so without LK seeming to care much about this...))

((Sorry for being inactive. I'm resigning so that a more active player can take over.))