• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
People of France,

Our darkest hour is upon us. The monarchist foreign hordes are on the march, they seek to squash this revolution, squash the people and their ideals. They are enemy that we must defeat, that we must sacrifice everything to fight, to prove that we are united, that we have our revolution and intend to keep it!

Those Frenchmen who would take up arms against this government, the people and the revolution will find only one suitable punishment for their crimes: death. No longer will any form of collaboration with the enemies of the people be tolerated, no citizens, we shall make examples of those who are against popular will, we shall grant them the honor of Madame Guillotine!

Now, in my capacity as Mayor of the Commune of Paris, I would like to ask that all people of Paris stand together, arm themselves and prepare to fight against the hordes that are attempting to squash our hard earned liberties!

Finally, as Secretary of State for War, I call on all French citizens, men and women, to rise up, to arm themselves and to stand ready to fight! Especially, you French men, enlist in our army, we need you to fight for this Revolution or see it fall and our dreams crushed!

Vive la France!
Vive la Revolution!

Jacques Nazaire Aulard
Secretary of State for War
Mayor of the Commune of Paris

________________________________​

My dear Secretary Aulard;

I hope this report finds you in good spirits. The accession of a new King is always cause for celebration. That said, I have a few concerns I need to share with yourself.

Firstly, while I have ensured the men are in good spirits now, I am concerned that the disturbances in the capital lately have had a negative impact on the morale of the men. Not just the officers, but a few enlisted men have, when they think I'm not around, talked of deserting and crossing the border. I try to stop them, but as long as there is tumult in the capital and government, the morale question will remain a going concern. If you require my services in restoring order, I am at your disposal.

Secondly, the Dukes of Chartres and Montpensier are in part a catalyst for some of the desertions. Do you wish that I conduct a cross-border expedition to capture these deserters?

I eagerly await your response.

Yours in loyal service,

de Loiollac, Army of Alsace.

Aulard quietly read the letter before penning his response,

Dear General de Loiollac,

I thank you for taking your time to pen such a letter to myself and for your kind words.

I can sympathize with you in regards to the worry that has been brought about by the turmoil in the capital. I can assure you however that order is being restored and that you can inform your officers and men that the situation will soon be normalized. Also, I thank you for your offer to come and aid in the restoration of peace and if it is needed, I shall most certainly summon you.

In regards to the the Dukes of Chartres and Montpensier, they have already most likely made it to the emigres camp and with the outbreak of war we cannot risk an expedition merely to find them. Leave it be but make sure to inform your men that those two are traitors to France.

I thank you for your time and for allowing me to address the concerns of yourself and the men under your command.

Sincerely,

Jacques Nazaire Aulard

________________________________​

A letter to His Excellency, M. Jacques Nazaire Aulard, Secretary of State for War

Dear Sir,

I write in regards to the declaration of war from the Holy Roman Empire which we received in the past days. I am aware that our military situation is not the greatest, and therefore feel obliged to offer my services and therefore humbly request a commission. I am currently studying at l'École Militaire, though have agreed to an arrangement with my tutors whereby I will be able to resume my studies once the war is over should I receive a position. I have served previously as a second-lieutenant with the 5th Hussars, and then during the Revolution as lieutenant-colonel in the Marseillais militia. Should you take this matter into consideration, I would be most grateful.

I am your most humble servant,

Boniface Sainte-Dévote

Aulard quietly read the letter before penning his response,

Dear Citizen Sainte-Dévote,

I am most delighted by your offer to service this nation in its greatest time of need. It is also a great pleasure to know that you have had experience serving in the Marseilles Militia and are also attending the l'École Militaire. Currently the War Secretariat is sorting the assignments of positions so whilst I can certainly say you will definitely be needed and assigned a position, I am yet to know exactly where you will be placed.

Sincerely,

Jacques Nazaire Aulard

People of France,

Our darkest hour is upon us. The monarchist foreign hordes are on the march, they seek to squash this revolution, squash the people and their ideals. They are enemy that we must defeat, that we must sacrifice everything to fight, to prove that we are united, that we have our revolution and intend to keep it!

Those Frenchmen who would take up arms against this government, the people and the revolution will find only one suitable punishment for their crimes: death. No longer will any form of collaboration with the enemies of the people be tolerated, no citizens, we shall make examples of those who are against popular will, we shall grant them the honor of Madame Guillotine!

Now, in my capacity as Mayor of the Commune of Paris, I would like to ask that all people of Paris stand together, arm themselves and prepare to fight against the hordes that are attempting to squash our hard earned liberties!

Finally, as Secretary of State for War, I call on all French citizens, men and women, to rise up, to arm themselves and to stand ready to fight! Especially, you French men, enlist in our army, we need you to fight for this Revolution or see it fall and our dreams crushed!

Vive la France!
Vive la Revolution!

Jacques Nazaire Aulard

Hear, hear!

More than ever the Citizens of France must rise against the foreign tyrants and their slave armies just as they rose against the Absolutism of old! Thousands of slaves and mercenaries will be no match for our free warrior-citizens, their numbers will be useless as we fight for liberty and fraternity, while the enemy march only to protect the interests of few slave owners!

In my position of Secretary of the Navy I will do anything possible to ensure that our coasts shall be safe from the foreigner marauders, furthermore I propose the creation of a system of Universal Conscription so that the Germanic hordes may feel the full power of the French People. This is not a normal war, fought by soldiers against fellow soldiers, but a war of the People against tyrants; to win we must let the French People take arms and lead, as only the People has the power to protect their Revolution and defeat her enemies!

- André Bouchard, Secretary of State of the Navy

Military Statistics of the Kingdom of France

Commanders:
Army of the Rhine - N/A
Army of Alsace - Gen. Ignace Louis, Baron of Loiollac
Army of the South - N/A
National Guard - N/A
Grand Fleet - N/A

LocationInfantryCavalryArtilleryShips
Northern Front
Army of the RhineVincennes8,5004,5002,000
Army of AlsaceNeuf-Brisach4,250500250
National GuardParis12,0001,200100
Southern Front
Army of the SouthVillefranche-de-Conflent12,0005,0003,000
Navy
Grand FleetBrest30

Vincent rubbed his eyes, not used to the endless reading of reports and journals and opinions and rhetoric and just plain stuff. What the government needed now was the Grace of God and a good kick in the ass to get the up and running. Unfortunately God decided to Grace France and it's new government with a tremendous kick in the teeth. Sighing, Vincent wrote a series of letters, addressing everything that needed to be addressed.

Bill of the Introduction of Universal Conscription
I. All men between the ages of 19 to 40 are required by law to serve in the French Army when called by the government
II. All men of the previously defined ages are due the same pay as a regular French soldier during the course of their service
III. All me of the previously defined ages are required to train at their designated conscription centre once a year
IV. During the course of their service, conscripted men of the previously defined ages are subject to the same rules, laws and expectations of a regular French soldier

Bill on the Treatment of Émigrés, their Families and their possessions
I. The émigrés are hereby declared persona non grata and are no longer considered French subjects
II. The families of the émigrés are hereby pardoned, giving they do not further break French law
III. The personal belongings of the émigrés are subject to seizure and distribution to the poor and homeless of the surrounding community

On the Stability of France and it's Territories
I. The National Gendarme and the Judiciary are hereby given unlimited powers to ensure the stability of France and it's Territories against internal divisions
II. The National Gendarme are subject to the discretion of the local Police Chief, who shall oversee fair treatment of the Gendarme in each police district
III. All police chiefs are subject to the discretion of the local judge, who shall oversee the enactment of justice in each community
IV. Each local judge will be subject to the discretion of the local magistrate, who shall ensure that justice is enacted by each judge
V. Each local magistrate will be subject to the discretion of the provincial governor, who shall ensure that justice is enforced by the local magistrate
VI. Each provincial governor will be the subject of the Lieutenant-General of Police and Lord Chancellor, who shall ensure that grievous violations are dealt with
VII. The Lord Chancellor can remove any judge or magistrate without warning if proper reasoning is given
VIII. The Lieutenant-General of Police can remove any police chief without warning if proper reasoning is given
IX. Any citizen may complain to the local magistrate if a grevious abuse of authority occurs

On the State of Bretange and Lorraine​
I. The special provincial status of Bretange and Lorraine are assured by the Revolutionary French Government
II. All private and state members who lay their arms down in these provinces are hereby pardoned by the state
III. If the Bretange and Lorraine governments are unwilling to deal with the Government, they will be relieved and a new, popularly elected government shall be emplaced.

Special Order on the Status of Marie Antoinette
I. Marie Antoinette, wife of the former King of France, is hereby allowed safe travel to Austria

Special Order on the Status of Militant Branches of Political Clubs
I. All Militant Branches of Political Clubs based in Paris or elsewhere are hereby subject to national authority
II. They shall be placed under the command of the French Ministry of War
III. They shall receive the same pay as due to a standard soldier of France of their respective ranks
IV. They are subject to the same rules, laws and expectations of a regular French soldier

Special Order on the Status of the Count of Provence, Count of Artois and Prince of Condé
I. These men are declared "Enemies of the State" and persona non grata
II. They are hereby subject to trial on the charge of high treason against the King of France
III. They and their families are hereby removed from the Royal Line of France

Special Order on the Status of the Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre
I. Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre is hereby charged and found guilty of high treason in absentia
II. Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre is hereby sentenced to death by the Kingdom of France

Most of the proposals of Citizen Parént are acceptable, although I feel that on the matter of the Émigrés he has been far too gentle. The Émigrés are at best cowards and at worst outright traitors, we should treat them as such.
It's for this that I present the following act.

Act on the Emigrants

I. All nobleman or clergyman, who abandoned the French territory during or after the Revolution of 1789, and that moved to foreign courts spreading lies and conspiring against the Fatherland, are hereby considered traitors of the Nation, traitors of the Revolution and traitors of the People. These men are therefore condemned to death through Guillotine.

II. The property of every individual who permanently abandoned the French territory during or after the Revolution of 1789 is hereby seized by the French Nation to support the war effort against the enemies and traitors of the French People.

III. The families and all known collaborators of every emigrant may be temporarily arrested for questioning by the National Police. According to the results of the interrogatory the local authorities will decide whether to liberate the suspects or arrest them for treason, complicity with enemies of the state or Monarchist allegiances.

Friends, We must drive back these Germans, and further still, make sure they never threaten liberty again! Therefore, I propose that all men that can fight should be "encouraged" to do so, there are many homeless and jobless people in Paris, so they should join the army, and thus give them what they need, stability. As for what we should do with this so-called "Holy Roman Empire" should come under French rule, I propose that we make the President of the council the "Emperor" of this federation, and thus unite Charlemagne's empire once and for all, for was not Charles the hammer French?

-Jacques Baudouin

Aside from the first act on conscription, Gen. de Loiollac opposes all the proposals put forward in the Assembly.

"It would be my wish to get some of the emigres and royals to realise the error of their ways and rally behind our king, and these proposals will alienate those who presently sit on the fence abroad. Even stupid Frenchmen are still our brothers."

153px-Royal_Monogram_of_Queen_Marie-Antoinette_of_France.svg.png
Her Most Christian Majesty the Queen Mother wishes to clarify that she will be remaining by the side of her family for the duration of the conflict and afterwards; and that the so-called "Special Order on the Status of Marie Antoinette" is appreciated but wholly unnecessary.

Marie-AntoinetteSignature.png

Notice posted in newspapers and articles around paris and the country

"People of France the pigs from Germany come to take away our liberties, our sacrifices, our revolution!! Sons and daughters of time is time to raise and take arms to defend, not the king, not the nation But the REVOLUTION itself from the greatest danger it has faced since Louis attempted take over the revolution just some time ago. Men join the army answer to the calls for how can free people be defeated by slave and mercenary armies? the answer is they cant!. We will drown them in their own blood and bring swift justice and retribution for their action to threaten the most sacred thing we have....the REVOLUTION itself!

Javert Valjean, Assambly man, Commander of the Guars Carabiniers, Cordolier, and Revolutionary to the death.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Parent how could you even propose to set the former queen free and to go back to the wretched Austrian slave empire!. I am utterly shamed for i have hear such words from someone i considered had seen the revolutionary ight when siding with the people, had this even be considered it would have been tantamount to betray the revolution itself!.

on to the other bills:
-The conscription bill seem good enough to encourage the people to join the war. yes its a radical move ever seen before but we are the breaking down of the traditions and the creation o something new and wonderful.

-The bill on treatment of the emigres, traitors they are, is to easy on them for that i support the bill proposed by our esteem minister of the navy
-The Special Order on the Status of Militant Branches of Political Clubs. Its an order to control and cut down what is known to be core forces of revolution and ever be vigilant of it. and for that i will propose my own counter to it.
-On the State of Bretange and Lorraine i believe is a just proposal.
-On the Stability of France and it's Territories will wait to hear on from other steemed members of the assembly and government before my comments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A letter to His Excellency, M. Jacques Nazaire Aulard, Secretary of State for War

Dear secretary, as you know you can find a man more zealous of the revolution and its defence in the streets of france than my person. I wish to be able to fight for the defense of our Revolution against the force of counter revolution and treason, for that i formed the carabiniers guard, but we still small and not able to stop and army in these moment of need. I ask if its possible a position defending Paris or fighting for the nation can be arrenged, of course i understand if not possible, i trust your judgement.

Javert Valjean

Last edited:
"I am not afraid to say that Javert Valjean is one of the most dangerous men in France. His savage and bloodthirsty extremism does nothing but damage the stability of the Kingdom and attempt to mask what must be some of the cruelest psychopathic urges. His inciendiary statements do nothing but provoke violence upon more violence and, although I am loathe to say it, some action should be taken against him."

-Francisque St Denis-Paternoster

Bill of the Introduction of Universal Conscription

I. All men between the ages of 19 to 40 are required by law to serve in the French Army when called by the government
II. All men of the previously defined ages are due the same pay as a regular French soldier during the course of their service
III. All me of the previously defined ages are required to train at their designated conscription centre once a year
IV. During the course of their service, conscripted men of the previously defined ages are subject to the same rules, laws and expectations of a regular French soldier

I will support this bill when the War Minister provides a clear point by point program for mobilizing the citizens of the Fatherland. I suggest the creation of Conscription Groups so as to aid in the spread of the burden of war fairly and efficiently on the people of the nation.

We must also have a greater understanding of the finances of the Republic before we begin promising wages that we may not be able to afford. I will present my report on the financial situation of the country as well as my budget proposals in no more than a weeks time.

Bill on the Treatment of Émigrés, their Families and their possessions

I. The émigrés are hereby declared persona non grata and are no longer considered French subjects
II. The families of the émigrés are hereby pardoned, giving they do not further break French law
III. The personal belongings of the émigrés are subject to seizure and distribution to the poor and homeless of the surrounding community

Monsieur, an Enlightened Republic does not support the theft of property from citizens or non-citizens. Emigres provides the Republic with precious talent and not all of them sided with the royalists. We should provide a pathway toward French citizenship to all those who renounce loyalties to our enemies and their aristocratic titles if they are in possession of them. The poor and homeless shall be provided for by legally acquired funds.

On the Stability of France and it's Territories

I. The National Gendarme and the Judiciary are hereby given unlimited powers to ensure the stability of France and it's Territories against internal divisions
II. The National Gendarme are subject to the discretion of the local Police Chief, who shall oversee fair treatment of the Gendarme in each police district
III. All police chiefs are subject to the discretion of the local judge, who shall oversee the enactment of justice in each community
IV. Each local judge will be subject to the discretion of the local magistrate, who shall ensure that justice is enacted by each judge
V. Each local magistrate will be subject to the discretion of the provincial governor, who shall ensure that justice is enforced by the local magistrate
VI. Each provincial governor will be the subject of the Lieutenant-General of Police and Lord Chancellor, who shall ensure that grievous violations are dealt with
VII. The Lord Chancellor can remove any judge or magistrate without warning if proper reasoning is given
VIII. The Lieutenant-General of Police can remove any police chief without warning if proper reasoning is given
IX. Any citizen may complain to the local magistrate if a grevious abuse of authority occurs

This proposal is a direct threat to the vision of an Enlightened Republic. Only tyrants and criminals would support such legislation. I am opposed to articles one, six, seven, and eight. Article nine is too vague, there must be a fair and effective process for receiving the complaints and concerns of the citizenry.

A Republic must been transparent with fair and open trials provided for all citizens arrested. A reason must be provided and made public when placing a citizen under arrest. You are not consolidating the nation or providing order, quite the opposite, you are creating the foundation for the abuse of power and the rise of would be despots. I will never accept this bill in its current form.

I urge the legislature and First Minister to oppose this bill. I also urge us all to provide specific details on the execution and operation of what is proposed in future legislative proposals.

On the State of Bretange and Lorraine

I. The special provincial status of Bretange and Lorraine are assured by the Revolutionary French Government
II. All private and state members who lay their arms down in these provinces are hereby pardoned by the state
III. If the Bretange and Lorraine governments are unwilling to deal with the Government, they will be relieved and a new, popularly elected government shall be emplaced.

I support this bill.

Special Order on the Status of Marie Antoinette

I. Marie Antoinette, wife of the former King of France, is hereby allowed safe travel to Austria

I support this bill.

Special Order on the Status of Militant Branches of Political Clubs

I. All Militant Branches of Political Clubs based in Paris or elsewhere are hereby subject to national authority
II. They shall be placed under the command of the French Ministry of War
III. They shall receive the same pay as due to a standard soldier of France of their respective ranks
IV. They are subject to the same rules, laws and expectations of a regular French soldier

I will never accept this bill. In an Enlightened Republic the citizenry must be allowed to freely associate without the oversight and direction of the State. Your insistence on pushing anti-Republican and Revolutionary bills is dangerous for all of us and the rest of the people of the Fatherland.

Special Order on the Status of the Count of Provence, Count of Artois and Prince of Condé

I. These men are declared "Enemies of the State" and persona non grata
II. They are hereby subject to trial on the charge of high treason against the King of France
III. They and their families are hereby removed from the Royal Line of France

Special Order on the Status of the Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre

I. Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre is hereby charged and found guilty of high treason in absentia
II. Count Jacques de Nogart-Lefebvre is hereby sentenced to death by the Kingdom of France

All trials must be fair and open in the Fatherland, Monsieur.

Monsieur Parént's proposed Bills and Orders are paramount to the survival of this Revolutionary State. Unless we all accept these stipulations and shoulder our complaints until a time where we do not face foreign subjugation, our work shall be for not. As such, they have my full support, and I hope others follow.

- Lord Chancellor Per Le Goff

I would like to remind Monsieur Durand that the Special Order proposed by Monsieur Parént with regards to the Militant Branches of Political Clubs does not impede the rights of citizens to free speech and assembly. It merely ensures that there are no militias inside the capital itself that do no obey the orders of the government. I believe that this is a vital step in ensuring the continued stability of the capital and as such I support it wholeheartedly. I however do support the position of Monsieur Durand with regards to the Emigrés and the various bills and Special Orders that would impede the proper conduct of justice in France.

With regards to the necessity of a bill on Universal Conscription I would propose that each Département is tasked with raising a specific number of men as determined by the war ministry with the total number raised conforming to the original order given by the Minister of War and the First Minister. This way the burden of raising troops to fight will be spread equally across France.

~Louis Philippe "Egalité", Duke of Orléans

With regards to the necessity of a bill on Universal Conscription I would propose that each Département is tasked with raising a specific number of men as determined by the war ministry with the total number raised conforming to the original order given by the Minister of War and the First Minister. This way the burden of raising troops to fight will be spread equally across France.

Isn't that just feudalism?

remarks an obscure delegate of Social leanings.

After a careful reading of the citizen Parént's bills I have to state before this assembly that we should be very careful.

The Bill "On the Stability of France and it's Territories" seems to be nothing more than a shameless power grab from the Templar club which endanger our goals of a Democratic society and also the freedom of our citizen. Let me explain: the bill asks to give extraordinary powers to the Police and the Judiciary in order to bring "stability" to France, I don't have to remember to this assembly that the Templar faction currently control the positions of the Lord Chancellor, which lead the Judiciary, and of the Lieutenant-General of Police, how convenient for them!

You will realize that this bill is trying to hide this blatant power grab behind the sweet word of "stability" while in reality it serves only to increase the power of these two individuals, and therefore of their organization. When you shall vote on this bill therefore you shouldn't ask yourselves "should we give France stability?", but rather "should we give the Templars supreme powers?".

The Revolution could be endangered by this reform and I must ask all true defenders of the Revolution to oppose it, to citizen Parént I say that I don't believe that he is conspiring against the Revolution but only that his recent successes shouldn't make him believe to be the only man capable of defend it. In this way we only risk to crown a new Caesar and to kill Democracy.

Last edited:
Isn't that just feudalism?

remarks an obscure delegate of Social leanings.

Feudalism implies that the men raised are serfs owing allegiance to their master. Yet no Frenchmen is a serf, for we are all free men and we must all fight for this freedom in the face of German Aggression.

*rabble rabble*
- Various delegates from all sides

Vincent, not one known for political intrigue, even withstanding the coup, quietly enters the Parliament building. Understanding this is a rare occurrence the delegates slowly quiet down to allow the man from Normandy speak.

"I see that many of you oppose many of the bills I have presented. I will hope to shed some light on the proceedings and the bills that I wrote.

This first in regard to the status of Marie Antoinette. It is known that Leopold is apathetic about France, only wishing to defend his family, Austrian pride and placate the French Princes in the HRE. If the Queen Mother were to return home to Austria, then Leopold will have one less reason to care about France and use the combined might of the HRE to destroy all we have sought to achieve.

Considering the Conscription bill. It is radical, it is revolutionary yes. But so is this government. We need to do whatever is in our power to do to protect all of us, to protect the Government and protect the Revolution from counter revolutionaries.

On the treatment of Émigrés, their Families and their possessions, simply said it a compromise. The radicals want them dead while the moderates want them tried. As such I tried to attempt to establish a midway solution that leaves everyone equally unhappy, knowing that anything less will or more please some but alienate the rest.

On the Special Order of Militaristic Clubs, it is simple. We need every resource to defend the Revolution, I did not expect issues from the Clubs in this matter, seeing as we all fought for the same thing.

The special orders on the Counts are also simple in nature. They are traitors, no if ands or buts. However if people wish for a trial that everyone already knows the result of, that is fine too.

Lastly, the bill On the Stability of France and it's Territories. I will speak frankly on this. Monsieur Bouchard sees intrigue and betrayal where there is none. I'm surprised he allows shadows in his presence if he is so quick to jump to accusations of treason and power mongering. The bill is an effort to establish a widescale system of accountability and justice across the highly diverse Provinces of France. If Monsieur is so keen on us fighting, I am willing to take up a pistol in the Champs de Mars and end this petty pseudo-feud once and for all in a dignified manner. We are all in this together gentlemn, I know you know no trust amongst us, however we work together or hang apart by the hands of Counter-Revolutionaries.

Now is not the time to descend into paranoid factionalism. Besides I will add a condition removing the unlimited powers following the end of our war with the HRE.

I formally announce that if a dearth of qualified officers are found, I will resign my position and travel to the front to lead an army as well.

Vincent bows to Parliament and leaves again to his office, flanked by police officers.

Lémieux pens a letter to the Secretary of State for War.

To the honourable M. Jacques Nazaire Aulard, Secretary of State for War,

I write to you in these times, perhaps the darkest days seen so far in the recent history of our Fatherland, to personally offer my services to you as a military commander, and to request a general's commission with the French Revolutionary Army. Compelled by the call of the defence of the Revolution and the Fatherland, I request this commission so I may be able to perform my patriotic duty to France, and to serve the State with every ounce of my strength. My military experience has so far been earned in the overthrow of tyranny - now, I profess, I would very much like to turn my attention to the defence of the democracy we are forging in the Fatherland. Owing to my service and command in the National Guard, during those glorious days of 1789, I confess that leadership of the National Guard would suit my experience the most, but I would certainly not refuse leadership over one of the other conventional armies at our disposal, should it be your learned will. All soldiers, and all hosts, are vital to the defence of France and the Revolution from the menace of German aggression. Regardless of your decision, Your Excellency, I shall be glad to put myself at your service, should you so desire.

With utmost respect and deference,
newcreate.php

After some consideration and thought, appointments to the various commands in the Army have been decided on. They are as follows,

Charles-Pierre-François Augereau is appointed to command of the Army of the Rhine and commissioned the rank of Général de brigade.
Ignace Louis de Loiollac retains command of the Army of Aslace and is officially commissioned the rank of Général de division.

Then, the Army of the South shall be split into two new armies: the Army of the Centre and the Reserve Army.

Javert Valjean is appointed to command of the Army of the Centre and commissioned the rank of Général de brigade.
Valérian Lémieux is appointed to command of the Reserve Army and commissioned the rank of Général de brigade.

In regards to the National Guard, it shall be directly under the command of the Secretariat of State for War.

Finally, Boniface Sainte-Dévote is appointed the Secretary of State for War's Aide-de-camp, granted the rank of Colonel and will be granted various duties. I myself, in my capacity as Secretary of State for War, will receive the rank of Général d'armée.

Jacques Nazaire Aulard