[Forum Game] ASOIAF: A Faith In Flames ~ Players Wanted

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A messenger arrives at Greyjoy's stronghold on the Isle of Tears...

To Rodrik Greyjoy, Reaver Lord,

Word has spread of your victory in the Gulf of Grief, and my eyes now take new measure of you. With the defeat of the Ghiscari, all now fear the Basilisks! But I warn you, you will have now become a marked man by many. The enemy admiral whom you've killed was Oznak zo Pahl, a Great Master of Mereen. You should leave this place.

If you are the brave fool I take you for, however, and shall remain, then I invite you and your men to Barter Beach, on the isle of Talon. We have goods and riches should you wish to trade.

From one fool to another,
~ Saandlor Saan.
King of the Corsairs.

((The corsairs begin open up diplomacy with the Ironborn reavers, trading and earning a profit to the reavers of .1%))

Omens at the Dreadfort

weirwood.png

Following an outbreak of redspots, many take solace at weirwoods before burying their dead

As seventh moon waxed full, the memory of last moon's ill omen at the Dreadfort was largely forgotten. A snap of cold weather spread across the North and summer snows fell as far south as the Dreadfort. As the ground lay covered, the first outbreak of redspots was felt in a village east of the Dreadfort. The disease itself is generally not very deadly, accept to adults who have not contracted it during childhood, and infants. At first the village carried on as normal, but soon the aggressive nature of the strain began taking lives.

Men and women began to die within a fortnight of showing symptons, and the disease escalated from Highpoint to the Dreadfort. Not even the Boltons escaped the vicious disease. To the horror of the Boltons, the newly born Selene and Reynold were marked with the redspot. Despite the salves and ointments applied by the maester, the twin babies were dead the following day.

In the ensuing panic after the Bolton twins passed, the Whitehills arrested a traveler whom the Bolton vassals claimed brought the disease into the area. The man was a travelling merchant, and a Hornwood, a second cousin to Lord Hornwood. With many dead, those in the Bolton court are demanding justice, insisting that Hornwood knew he was vexed with redspots yet came to Dreadfort anyway for his greed of gold. They are demanding death, and in the Bolton's grief, perhaps that is what Hornwood will get.

((500 die in a Redspot epidemic in Dreadfort, including Selena and Reynold. Thus far the disease is concentrated in the area. A prisoner from House Hornwood is awaiting Lord Remus Bolton's judgement.))

Last edited:
A Stark Winter Comes

Lord Jonnel Stark had long been suffering from various illnesses, but he had seemed to recover a few months ago when he traveled south for his sister's wedding. However on the return trip he once more became taken by disease, as a ghastly cough slowed his return to a crawl, and utterly halting his journey at Moat Cailin. For nearly a week he suffered in agony in the fortress, with his wife-niece, Sansa Stark, by his side throughout. Despite the best efforts of his maester and local herbalists, he eventually expired. He had fathered no children, and thus by rights Winterfell and the North would pass to his brother Edric Stark. However the next eldest brother Barthogen Stark believed that Edric was responsible for the death of Jonnel and would sully the honour of the Stark family with his underhanded ways. Edric Stark claims control of Winterfell, while Barthogen rides to the Lords of the North with some Stark bannermen, seeking support to oppose his brother. The youngest brother Brandon Stark has been sidelined by his elder brothers, despite being left Regent of Winterfell by Jonnel, who hoped to avoid this situation. Sansa Stark remains at Moat Cailin with her late husband's entourage, with the possibility to provide added legitimacy for whichever brother she might decide to support. Long a region of stagnation and peace, it seems the North is now on the verge of Civil War.

((Will eventually get ICs up about this, just wanted an overview of it to lay out what's going on))

The Battle of Velvet Hills

Capture1a45.png

On the fifth moon of 171, the Little Rhoyne river valley, which had been held by Braavos since their victory over Pentos in the last war decades ago, was suddenly occupied by a troop of sellswords waving Pentoshi banners. Pentos, it seemed, had broke the peace treat formerly giving the region over to Braavos. In response, Braavos raised an army of three thousand troops, led by the First Sword of Braavos, Qarro Erastes.

Erastes' army reached the Velvet Hills in seventh moon of 171, where a lake feeds into the Little Rhoyne River, a tributary of the Rhoyne. From this high ground, Erastes could strike out against Pentoshi sellswords from a position of strength, and he was soon confident that the river valley could be taken back for the Sealord of Braavos. Over the course of the moon, small skirmishes broke out as the Braavosi cavalry detected various pentoshi camps along the south side of the river. Sweeping the camps away, Erastes returned to the hills, shocked to find a large army approaching his camp.

The Pentos numbered five thousand strong, augmented with sellsword companies, most notably the Long Lances. The sellsword company, consisting exclusively of cavalry, intercepted Erastes as he tried to scale the hills to his camp. Forced to flee, Erastes escaped the ambush and regrouped north of the river. Meanwhile, the bulk of the Pentoshi force was preparing to scale the hill.

The Braavosi soldiers had the advantage. They held the high ground, but with Erastes routed, lesser commanders now ruled the Braavosi camp. Sorties were launched out against the greater Pentoshi army, resulting in some costly defeats among the Braavosi ranks. Their horses were clumsy upon the rocky hills, and their charges were met with disaster. Their defenses in danger of being swept aside and their commander lost, the Braavosi decided to force a retreat.

A forced charge through Pentoshi lines was a costly maneuver, but faced with the alternative of starving upon the hill, the Braavosi army had little choice. Leaving a trail of bodies, the army descended the hill and retreated north, linking up with Erastes and returning to Braavos, to report their failure to the Sealord.

Pentos and Braavos are now at war.

Last edited:
Trouble in the North Part I

Remus had certainly tried to change the outlook of House Bolton. But alas it was not to be.
Reynold was angry. This man could not be allowed to live. He had brought disease to the people, but more importantly that disease had killed his two jewels in his life. In his heart the desire for revenge was growing. As he knelt beside his children's grave, weeping silently, he made up his mind. He got up and walked into the Dreadfort. It was time to make up for the loss of his children. Remus's statement not to kill the prisoner meant nothing to him. What was important was revenge. He stormed down the stairs into the dungeon. He locked the door behind him, and now saw the man standing in front of him. The man awoke, turn and saw him and said, "What do you want?" Reynold strode over to a chest in the corner, covered with dust, and pulled out a key and several sharp tools. An evil smile came to his face, and he said, "Do you know what is on the sigil of House Bolton, and why it is on there?" He could see the man's face become utterly terrified, and he was pleased. Then, brandishing his tools, he advanced, and said laughingly, "For bringing this plague to my children, I will make you feel pain unimaginable".

The screams could be heard through the Dreadfort. The door was locked, and Reynold had taken the keys. Remus and Reyel knew what was going on down there. Several of the guards had to the main room. Reyel, Remus and Rolf were all debating what to do. Reyel had his wife prepare to leave with the children if necessary. Eventually the screaming stopped, and the three plus 5 guards stood up and went to the door. A couple moments later the door opened, and out stepped Reynold, smiling and laughing, soaked in blood, carrying a sword. "Well well, a welcoming committee," he laughed. "I did what was right, while you cowards didnt even lift a finger. He was a plague on our land!" Remus stood stoically, brandishing a sword, "You did not do what was right. You know that deep down. I am afraid you have gone insane. Guards, lock him up!" As the guards advanced, Rolf pulled out some chains. Just as he was about to place them on, he staggered. Reyel and Remus could not see what happened. Rolf turned around, a crossbow bolt buried into his chest. He toppled over expressionless to the ground.

Reyel and Remus turned and saw Rolan and the Bolton guard advancing down the hall, Rolan with crossbow in hand. "Rest in peace, father," Rolan mockingly stated. "Grandfather and dearest brother, we all know you have failed and I deserve to be head of House Bolton." Remus nodded, and Reyel ran the other direction. "Run dearest brother," called Rolan mockingly. "It wont save you!" The Bolton guard advanced on the soldiers, quickly cutting them down. Until only Remus and Reynold were left. "Thank you brother for saving me," Reynold said, before Rolan ran him through with his blade without a word. "Grandfather, so old, so weak. You have ruined House Bolton. The old ways are best. And, as punishment for your rule, I will end you with our old ways." Not even showing emotion, Remus said, "I am so disapointed in you. You are a disgrace to the family." Rolan got angry and said, "Silence! You three, go see if Reyel is still here. If he is, which I doubt, bring him to me. You, come with me." And, picking up the tools from Reynolds dead body, he lead his elderly grandfather down the stairs. This time, there were no screams.

((The prisoner, Rolf, Reynold, and Remus Bolton are all dead. Reyel and his wife and children have fled, and Rolan is now head of the House of Bolton.))

Within the small council chambers, an offering of cold meats, dornish blood oranges, warm bread, chilled water and arbor wine rested upon the table as a warm summer breeze drifted in from the open windows lining the far wall. It had been an eventful few moons, and with Arryn's return from Braavos, and word of rebellion in the North, there was much to discuss.

1317340384_thaldir-71.jpg

Grand Maester Vymen

"Your Grace, Lord-Hand, my lords, we have much to discuss...

"First and foremost, we must cast thought upon the atrocities committed at Stonedance. A high lord and his family lay slain, a most grievous crime that beckons an investigation forthwith! The Massey's are a direct vassal to you, Your Grace, and as Lord Protector of the Realm, all the kingdoms look to you for guidance on this matter.

"Secondly, word has spread fast of brooding strife in the North. Lord Jonnel Stark has succumbed to disease, his brothers casting blame and each claiming the paramouncy. We rely on the North for lumber for our ships, armaments, and more. Lasting conflict threatens that supply, not to mention the king's peace! What can we do to ensure a swift end to this conflict, my lords, I ask you?

"Finally, though no word has reached us from Lord Lannister, we all know by now the assault suffered upon the Narrow Sea. Lord Lannister has been made the victim of piracy, and though he has licked his wounds in silence, this beckons a discussion. Much trade flows between Westeros and Essos, and if this is the beginning of a new threat, then how long before we all suffer?

"What say the small council on these matters? Cast away silent thought and speak, if you will please."

A raven arrives in Seagard bearing a sealed scroll intended for Lord Mallister.

Lord Mallister,

If you wish to see your brother returned safely to Seagard, you will leave a ransom of 3000 dragons upon a lone cog, anchored before the Cape of Eagles, under light guard.
No tricks.

In Every Inn, in Every road, sang by travelling bards several songs about the perfidious attack upon the people of the westerlands could be heard. Songs mocking the Lannisters folly, Songs weeping for Westerland men never to return to their beloved ones, songs demanding blood for blood. Songs of rightful fury.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A raven arrives to the Small council
To our most Honored King of the seven kingdoms, etc(dont want to look up alll the titles). I have no doubt you have been already informed by your subjects in the small council and the Lannister family itself of the horrible acts of piracy committed against them. This attack is not just an attack upon one of the many nobles families of the kingdom, It is however an perfidious attack upon every noble family of the Westerlands. The attack not only degrades the respect and prestige of the Lannister family but every other noble family in the Westerlands, and do i dare to say every noble in the Seven Kingdoms.

It is imperative you move to once and for all crush the scum populating the Stepstones isles, bring civilization to them and rightful control to the Seven Kingdoms. We the Noble lords of the Westerlands ask your magnificent follow through with your responsibilities as protector of the realm against them. I personally volunteer to lead the armed forces in conjunction with the leaders of the Royal fleet to end once and for all the threat and humiliation we all are receiving.

Attached you can find the signature of most of the Noble families in the Westerlands.

[/spoilers]

In Every Inn, in Every road, sang by travelling bards several songs about the perfidious attack upon the people of the westerlands could be heard. Songs mocking the Lannisters folly, Songs weeping for Westerland men never to return to their beloved ones, songs demanding blood for blood. Songs of rightful fury.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A raven arrives to the Small council
To our most Honored King of the seven kingdoms, etc(dont want to look up alll the titles). I have no doubt you have been already informed by your subjects in the small council and the Lannister family itself of the horrible acts of piracy committed against them. This attack is not just an attack upon one of the many nobles families of the kingdom, It is however an perfidious attack upon every noble family of the Westerlands. The attack not only degrades the respect and prestige of the Lannister family but every other noble family in the Westerlands, and do i dare to say every noble in the Seven Kingdoms.

It is imperative you move to once and for all crush the scum populating the Stepstones isles, bring civilization to them and rightful control to the Seven Kingdoms. We the Noble lords of the Westerlands ask your magnificent follow through with your responsibilities as protector of the realm against them. I personally volunteer to lead the armed forces in conjunction with the leaders of the Royal fleet to end once and for all the threat and humiliation we all are receiving.

Attached you can find the signature of most of the Noble families in the Westerlands.

[/spoilers]

jeremy_irons_by_4steex-d6oxshx.jpg

Lord Lyonel Hightower
Master of Ships

"I am hesitant to recommend a full scale invasion as Lord Reyne is calling for. Yes Lannister was attacked, but what folly compelled him to send such treasures unguarded across the Narrow Sea? Nevertheless, we do have a duty. An invasion will antagonize the Free Cities and Dorne, I am sure. Not so long ago, the Iron Throne contended with the Three Daughters, we needn't a repeat of that chapter of our history, not to mention the considerable expense such an invasion would cost.

"Let us work with the Free Cities and Dorne, establish a joint venture to cleanse the Stepstones and allow House Lannister to conduct an investigation without fear of attack."

A letter arrives at the Castle of Lord Inan...

Sharp Beak,

Long period have the tiny creatures crawled in the great darkness for their salvation. Scrolls of awakening metal and long plants have been most found. Early day makers are ruffling in the light of God. Claw bearers are not unseen in Dorne any longer. Early brightness is beaten by mud . Trees are muddy in their roots only. Story keepers tell those tales time and time again. Little sun it takes for a seed to grow into a massive tree. When the dead are reborn and die again, kill an angel and ascent to the light giver.

Rhoynespawn

Trouble in the North Part II

Rolan Bolton sat casually on his throne,legs spread lazily. After his little takeover, things were starting to get boring. He had already reestablished prostitution, and made sure his Aunt Ruffla and his sister in law Selene had "passed away due to ilness" and covered up the tracks, saying Reyel Rolf and Remus killed Rwynold so he killed them while Reyel fled, leaving the once Large House of Bolton in the Dreadfort, with just his sister, her daughter, and his cousin the last remaining Bolton's. He had named his sister his successor. But after all this was done, he found that being Lord was just work and boring. So when news of the Stark controversy arrived he found his chance. He wrote a letter quickly to Barthogen Stark.

Dear Barthogen,

You are clearly the right heir to the House of Stark. Your brother does not deserve it, for all the reasons you state. That is why I Rolan, the new head of House Bolton, will fight for you to become lord. Are blades are sharp.

Lord Roman of the House Bolton

Small Council
It had been a long time since Lord Arryn sat with the rest of the small council. Between the siege at Stonedance, the mission at Braavos, and two major weddings, he had little time to actually be in King's Landing. Now he was back in King's Landing and based on the reports it was becoming clear that decisive action was needed. He rose to speak during one of the meetings, reading from some carefully prepared notes. "My fellow councilors, I hope I speak for all of us when I apologize to His Majesty. We have failed the realm. We have made no headway into solving our debt crisis, the Ironborn still roam free, a potential thorn in our side should they provoke any of the Free Cities, the Masseys were murdered in their own castle by unknown assailants before we could ever discover the truth of the conspiracy, and now the North is on the verge of civil war, threatening to throw the realm into disarray. If the wildlings were to hear of this civil war and amass in numbers, the Wall could be lost and we might have a foreign army running through our lands. We cannot allow the North to fall into a long civil war. Whether we do this by forcing them to the table of peace or by choosing a side and throwing our weight behind them is the true question in this war. Of course, I'd prefer a peace agreement be worked out, it saves the senseless waste of life and my son just married a Stark, I'd rather not see his brother in laws spill each other's blood across the North. However, I'll leave the exact particulars of our strategy to be decided by those who have a less personal attachment to the civil war.

"Moving onto the matter of the Ironborn, they've been gone for some time. This seems to be more than one of their simple raiding trips although that was obvious the moment they put together such a large fleet. However at the moment they seem to be staying out of any major trouble. We have not yet received angry envoys from the Free Cities about their actions. For the time being, I suggest we watch them and track their movements. Lord Frey, you are Master of Whispers, what do your spies know about their movements? We must stay two steps ahead of them and be prepared to respond should they put the interests of the realm at risk. Until then, however, it might be better to let them operate on their own, we have more important matters to attend to.

"As you all know from my report, my mission to Braavos was a failure. War looms over Braavos, which proved to be an obstacle, but it also presents an opportunity. The Braavosi are reeling from the Pentoshi attack. It is likely that they will need outside aid to win this war. Aid that we could potentially provide for a price. Westeros has always had an abundance of trained soldiers. We could, in theory, sell the services of our soldiers to Braavos. A mercenary company of sorts. Our men in exchange for a reduction of debt and to help give the men incentive, they will be paid a bonus to serve in this company. Of course, the idea has its flaws. I wouldn't blame any man for refusing to sail across the narrow sea to die protecting some city they have little care for. And such a bold and direct move might upset the Free Cities and be seen as us meddling in their business, on top of certainly annoying Pentos to no end. But Baelor the Blessed has left us with quite some debt and we should consider unorthodox options to pay this back. My thought was simply that while we lacked gold, we had an abundance of trained men, something the Braavosi would certainly desire in this war. I submit the idea to the review of my other councilors who are likely more skilled and knowledgeable on these subjects.

"And now I come to the Masseys. Their deaths are disturbing. It almost certainly confirms the fears that there is a larger conspiracy afoot. I cannot see who would have motive to slaughter the Masseys unless there were other conspirators in the embezzling plot who wanted to shut the young lord up before he could speak to us. It is also worth noting that we are likely dealing with someone well funded and professional. The assassins slipped in and killed the family during a siege, with our men outside the walls and the Massey men on high alert. That's no small feat and I doubt there are many assassins who could accomplish such a task. We need to find more information into this conspiracy and with that I once again turn to our Master of Whispers. Your spies and investigators provide the best chance of us finding a lead. I hope they turn up something soon.

"Finally, I come to my own plans for the future. This conspiracy has made me question what other sources of conspiracy and corruption might lie in our bureaucracy and has made me interested in the bureaucracy in general. I plan to launch a full investigation into the royal administration. I doubt I'll find any leads to the conspiracy, but I'll hopefully root at corruption and inefficiency wherever I may find it. However, my attack will be two pronged. I've carefully tried to whittle away our expenses, but it's clear that we also must focus on increasing our revenue to have a stable realm. I will send out surveyors to search the royal demesne for new resources to be exploited and opportunities to expand our enterprises. If these are successful, we can then set up the infrastructure to use these resources and hopefully get a nice return on investment from these, eventually helping pay off our debt. With any luck, these initiatives will bring prosperity to the realm." Having finished speaking, Lord Arryn sat down and listened for the response of the other members.

House Osgrey

498px-House_Osgrey.PNG

Alysanne Osgrey, Master of Standfast, Lady of Osgrey
Age 23, born in 148 AC

A girl succeeded Ser Wilbert Osgrey on his death. Some thought it queer that a girl would hold a knight's lands, but never the girl herself. If anything, she took it for a challenge. It's said she has spent the days since her succession honing her riding skills (known to make frequent visits to the villages that owe her fealty) and the nights practicing with spear, sword, morning star, and flail in the cool cellars of Standfast. Rumors about Alysanne are bountiful, if truth be told. Some would have you believe that as a girl she shaved her head and accompanied the vagabond knight Ser Mern the Faithful and his bastard son on their travels. There's likely little truth to either rumors.

Tells of her wroth are well traveled through the Reach; just as much as tales of her beauty. Aylsanne doesn't take kindly to poachers in the Wat's Wood nor anyone caught stealing from her crops. Though all those that she's hanged would attest to how pleasant it is to look upon her if they were still alive. It's the latter tales that are more openly shared in the courts of Westeros. She's considered a good candidate for marriage, considering her lands and her fair face and full figure.

While Alysanne doesn't necessarily possess a great amount of charisma, she does possess a sharp wit (albeit one that's sometimes considered unladylike). She's an intelligent, even intellectual, woman. It has been said countless times that she could marry a high lord and raise a great, strong, noble family, but many believe her courtiers, mostly old men and women, are holding her back with the advise they give.

courtesan_by_sedone-d2yftda.jpg

Lady Alayne
Age 56, born in 115 AC

Her marriage to Ser Osgrey produced five sons that were all doomed to die. Two of them were stillbirths, two others died just days after they were born, and the last lived for a while, but was weak and always ill, and died early into his first. Then Alayne had Alysanne, who was a healthy and hardy and happy child, rumors that she had murdered her other children began to circulate. When she supposedly distanced herself from her husband and never became pregnant again, many were distraught and angry. For this, the smallfolk that owe their loyalty to Standfast, and even the smallfolk that neighbor the Osgrey lands, look at Lady Alayne with scorn and distrust.

In the tale that claims Alysanne shaved her head and masqueraded as a squire, her mother is supposed to be the catalyst for the situation. Her reasoning varies per account; she wanted to get rid of Ser Mern the Faithful (who was very well known to be the steadfast friend to Ser Osgrey) to rule Standfast as she pleased, she hoped Alysanne would die during her travels, that she saw how poor Princess Rhaenyra had every need to be a warrior but wasn't and would not let her daughter face a similar situation, even that she merely wished for Alysanne to be humbled.

So it is, very little is actually known of Lady Alayne. Despite the fact that she's very fair, even at her age; only her daughter matches her beauty.

opal_by_charlie_bowater-d77vcbj.jpg

Ser Mern the Faithful, Steward of Standfast
Age 65, born in 106 AC

So named because of his friendship to Ser Osgrey. He came into his service during the Dance of the Dragons, and is said to have saved him a hundred times over, most famously during the First Battle of Tumbleton, when Ser Mern stood over and protected Ser Osgrey for hours and hours after he received a grievous wound. There are many more stories, but who's to say how much truth is still in them so many years later.

It is true that after Ser Osgrey's death he left Standfast and traveled the seven kingdoms as a vagabond knight, keeping two squires in tow. No one can quite say that one of them was in fact Lady Ayslanne, their memories hazy, their pride swollen. Rumors have been spread but most write them off as nonsense.

After spending a few years on the road he returned to Standfast and was welcomed back into the Osgrey household. Now the old knight serves as Lady Alysanne's steward, directly at her behest. It is clear there is a fondness shared. Lady Alysanne considers and trusts his word over everyone else's, and as such never makes a decision without consulting him (except for the few times her wroth gets the better of her).

knight_errant_by_paultobin-d4onawk.jpg

Marwyn Flowers
Age 25, born in 146 AC

The bastard son of Ser Mern the Faithful. He took the name Flowers despite being baseborn on both sides of his parents, and no one has cared to get him to stop. Marwyn still squires for his father, not being able to quite afford the cost of knighthood and refusing to accept a gift from anyone. He serves as the de facto master-at-arms for Standfast and is paid a meager sum.

If rumors are to be believed he grew up right alongside Lady Alysanne on the road, the lady masquerading as a boy and squire to Marwyn's father. Those who have visited Standfast haven't noted any particular closeness between Marwyn and his lady of Osgrey though. However, he is known to be her riding partner.

d5cd1eae4665ef53639c0f707b16d8d2-d9ebhxa.jpg

Eustace Osgrey
Age 62, born in 109 AC

Uncle to Lady Alysanne and the only other surviving member of House Osgrey. In his youth he served as a page and squired for a time before deciding he wanted to study at the Citadel. He managed to forge several maester links before growing bored and returning home. During the Dance of the Dragons he squired for his older brother. After he served in Lord Rowan's court for a time, apparently overseeing the treasury. For two years he petitioned the regency council of Aegon III to reinstate the Faith Militant. Once he grew tired of being denied or merely ignored he traveled up to the Wall and then back home, where he has stayed. These days he serves as a healer (for those in Standfast and for the smallfolk in the nearby villages), the keeper of a small library in Alysanne's solar, and even as a horse breeder.

20131229_02_by_koenvm-d6zwnse.jpg

The triplets Lia, Leona, and Linor
Age 21, born in 150 AC

Introduced to the household by Lady Alysanne herself, the triplets are her companions and ladies-in-waiting. Of low birth, Alysanne was struck by their beauty and became fast friends with them, later bringing them from their village to her household. She sleeps with one each night in rotation. There are whispers that the relationship she has with them is sexual, but most believe she took them in because she lacked any siblings.

20131219_01_by_koenvm-d6yjr5s.jpg

Walton, master-of-horse
Age 38, born in 133 AC

Charged with keeping up the stables. Often shares his duties with Eustace.

Pate the Penniless
Age 8, born in 163 AC

Found by Eustace in an Oldtown alleyway during one of his visits. He promptly took the boy in. He serves as Eustace's apprentice. The boy nicknamed himself the Penniless.
Mace Melon
Age 25, born in 146 AC

A peasant charged with keeping Standfast tidy and caring for the chickens, duties shared with his wife. In return for his service Lady Alyane allowed him to adopt a surname for his family and promised if he had sons they would serve as pages. For his surname he chose the crop his family always grew. He says his mother named him after some lord.

Mina Melon
Age 23, born in 148 AC

Wife of Mace and shares his duties when she's not cooking for Standfast or caring for her children.

Addam Melon
Age 6, born in 165 AC

Son of Mace and Mina. Sure enough, he serves as Lady Alyane's glorified page. According to her, he is delightful company and quite intelligent for his age.

Alysanne Melon
Age 5, born in 166 AC

Daughter of Mace and Mina. Usually just called Alys.

Alayne Melon
Age 3, born in 168 AC

Daughter of Mace and Mina.

Last edited:
Lord Lefford never arrives to the Small Council meeting, having been 'detained' with business in King's Landing's newly reopened brothels.