• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Name: Balthar Birch
Trait: Masterful Schemer
Race: Imperial
Heir: Elizabeth Birch (15)
Vassals: Teagan Amell, Cole Dondarrion
Champion: Cole Dondarrion
Bio: The Birch family was once a prominent noble family in Ecclestius under the Emperor, however they were exiled to the west after it was discovered they had attempted to revive Dark Magic in an attempt to gain power. Long have they suffered, but in the shadows they rebuilt. Balthar has no particular love of the Dark, but he joins their forces in a quest for power and vengeance.
His wife died giving birth to his daughter Elizabeth. He refuses to ever talk about his wife, and it is clear that she was the only person he has ever cared about. He has a strained relationship with his daughter and his primary interest in raising her is as a means to continue his legacy and that of the family. His incessant narcissism and ambition have in turn alienated his daughter and led her to question the family’s insatiable lust for power.
His champion Cole Dondarrion “The Lightning Knight’ is a fierce and experience warrior from a family that has long served the Birches. With the return of magic his ancient blood of the Hero Niall has allowed him minor control over lightning, making him a formidable opponent.

((Deadline coming this Saturday, 12:00 pm eastern. So quit having sex with each other and get your orders in! :p))

((Are there any further events to be calculated for the last turn? The stats don't seem to represent the results of the last battle yet.))

Ugors battle

Orcs of Bravengrad were pressing hard the forces of light. Surprise attack was successful and light forces were shocked by the unexpected attack on their flank. Orcish berserk style of fighting was double edged sword. Ugor lost more then 1/4 of his troops. Such style of fighting demoralized the enemy but leaves you totally open for enemy attack. Many brave Orcs laid on ground after the battle. Ugor didn't pity them, it was great honor to die in battle and not in bed sniveling and weak. When you fall in battle you die with fire in burning thorough you blood, fire (rage) to kill as many you can... Many great song will sang of this battle, how Bravenkin Orcs killed pathetic easterners as they hid behind their armor and shield. Vahamil Steppe was drenched with blood, and corpses of the fallen warriors pilled up. Odor was strong and it was could be smelled from far away. This land will be fertile...

3rd of Last Seed, 1001 A.E...

A Dark Fate

de293183cb0c.jpg

Ash rained down like snow on the blackened earth. The arid air reeked of the foul stench of the Scourge. Rotted undead, foul Orcs, and unwashed men. Every day was a waking nightmare for Jacob, at least in the first days of his capture. Now, he had begun to realize that this had been the harsh reality of Agorath since the Age of Darkness, and probably for most of the world's history. Dark versus Light and the horrible monstrosities that the struggle entails. Being led through the great camp of the Dark army at the walls of the ancient Light Basin, Jacob found that all fear had left him and was replaced by bitterness. He was surprised to know that this was not directed at the enemy, but rather toward himself. A seething anger rose up from deep within, seeming to make his blood boil as his stout Orc guards dragged him forward in his chains.

You killed her, you fucking fool. He will drink her warm life's-blood, taste it's richness on his tongue...

Jacob clenched his jaw.

He will devour her soul! Leave her a cold empty corpse! And drink her warm rich blood...

Jacob, staggering as his captors pulled the chain leash that bound his neck, wrists and ankles, suddenly dug his feet deep in the black earth, and held his ground firm. Glyphs on the collar began to glow bright.

"Move meat!" Said Bu'Grub, a foul Orc with sickly green skin, a flat broad nose and slanted yellow eyes. "I said move!" He spat through his scraggly fire-red beard, shoving Jacob hard in the center of his back. The force was too much for Jacob and he fell forward on his elbows and knees. Snaz, a squat Orc captain who led Jacob from the front, spun around, tugging hard on the chain, slipping Jacob's limbs out from under him, causing him to fall face first in foul filth. The squat grey skinned captain roared with laughter.

Snaz's eyes, cruel and mismatched, one black and one white, fixed on Jacob. "Get up you lazy bones! You've been summoned by His Highness, and we've got no time for you mucking in the dirt!"

Bu'Grub, the larger of the two Orcs, placed a massive hand on Jacob's collar, and dragged him to his feet. The mercenary, the foul stench of the Orc just behind, forced his wrists down in a swift motion, jerking Snaz toward him, giving him a hard kick to his face, and punching the large one in his groin. Jacob was surrounded by hooting Orcs and Men in an instant. He was in the heart of the camp and escape was impossible, but that was not his intent by any means.

Snaz's gripped Jacob's face with spidery fingers. "You'll pay for that, meat!"

"Lord Qylan want's this one untouched!" Growled Bu'Grub, breathing heavy from the blow.

"Shut yer trap and hold 'em!" Barked Snaz.

The steel grip of Bu'Grub held Jacob tight as Snaz punched and kicked Jacob's torso. "Is that all you got?!" Hollered Jacob coarsely, his chest and stomach burning with pain. Fucking hit me! The Orc's fury was palpable as his blows reigned down on Jacob's midsection. Panting and exhausted, Jacob coughing up blood, the Orc Captain decided he had enough, and continued dragging Jacob forward, the crowd of spectators grew bored and dispersed.

"Bu'Grub?" Coughed Jacob.

"Shut it!" Said the large Orc, pushing the mercenary forward.

"Why do you follow the orders of an Orc that hits like a cub?"

Snaz snarled ahead of him. "Keep your trap shut!"

Jacob's query was met with only silence behind him, and insistent pushing forward.

"That sigil on your shield, Captain Snaz... What is that?" Asked Jacob, his eyes upon Snaz'a shield hanging on his back, a blood red jagged line marked across it's surface.

"Feast your eyes upon it, meat." Hissed the Orc Captain. "It is the Sigil of Arkzar Chiefdom, Lords of the Lone Mountain.

Jacob grunted through his teeth. "Ah. The Lone Mountain. The UnderKingdom of Morbin, if my history serves me well."

"The Morbin were vile scum, and have long since been wiped from the world," spat Snaz. "The cowardly Dwarves have fled the Lone Mountain in the last age and the strong rule the UnderKingdom now."

"And what of your underling here? Is he not of Arkzar?"

Snaz turned his head, his lips curled up in a mocking smile. "Bu'Grub is of Grub Clan, queer surface dwellers, subserviant vassals of the glorious Arkzar!"

Bu'Grub snarled from behind Jacob. "I do not serve Arkzar maggots! I serve Dreagon!"

Snaz wheeled around, bearing his fangs to Bu'Grub. "And yet here you are taking orders from me, cur!"

Bu'Grub drew himself up, his thick legs planted firmly in the ground like tree trunks, his wide shoulders towering over the smaller Orc. "You are not my boss, little cub! I serve a higher power, Dreagon and his emissary, Lord Qylan!"

Snaz hissed. "You will follow my command and get this prisoner to his lordships tent!"

"You bark like a bitch!"

"But i bite like a direwolf, care to feel my teeth?!"

The two Orcs circled each other. Just as they were about to lunge, a pale man riding a black horse, a flowing red cape behind him, and a long standard in his hand, bearing an unknown sigil to Jacob rode between them. "Lord Qylan demands this prisoner before him! Now!" The two orcs spat and hissed at the man, but obeyed and pushed Jacob into Qylan's tent.

Jacob saw the thirst in Qylan's eyes before the burning pain in his neck...

Last edited:
((Hear me Lords of Light! I have, since the very beginning of this game, given you guys incredible freedom in writing your own lore, and carrying out your own orders. We have gathered here some of this forums most creative minds that is my great privileged to write alongside with, therefore I have every confidence that you may come up with creative ways to defeat the Dark. Firstly, you may start by working together. There is a reason you were given different traits. Let the diplomats rally support among the NPCs to bolster your forces, The schemers concoct plans to hinder the abilities of the enemy, and let the strategists lead the armies in battle. Only by working together can you hope to overcome the Dark. As for the lone wolf's among you, keep at it! It is the unpredictable actions of the mad and power hungry that make the game exciting.))

((this is true, i didn't get a diplo order from you :( ))

((Really? I thought hiring the mercenary captain counted as my diplomacy order. Does no diplo order = no tax income?
I started last turn with 30, spent 25 on the mercenaries, leaving me 5 in savings, to which whatever income I made would have been added, no?
Given the circumstances (army mobilized for war and such) having 0 net income is fine, but I was waiting around to see how much money I'd have on hand for this turn. Running the Army of Light, silver weapons, and holy water aren't free, after all!))

((Really? I thought hiring the mercenary captain counted as my diplomacy order. Does no diplo order = no tax income?
I started last turn with 30, spent 25 on the mercenaries, leaving me 5 in savings, to which whatever income I made would have been added, no?
Given the circumstances (army mobilized for war and such) having 0 net income is fine, but I was waiting around to see how much money I'd have on hand for this turn. Running the Army of Light, silver weapons, and holy water aren't free, after all!))

((Because your army was in the field, your tax income automatically went to army maintenance.))

((I am adding some more depth to the army combat system - details coming later tonight.))

Nienna had made an effort to avoid seeing Eylinn over the course of the past week, fearing what she might say or do, instead spending most of her time in her room claiming to be ill. Today however, she decided that she needed answers about Ra’Gru and why he had been there. With that in mind, she went to Eylinn’s room, hoping that she would know more about the orc and his plans.

As she approached the door Nienna’s courage seemed to melt away, but enough was left for her to lightly tap on the door and say, “Eylinn…” just above a whisper.
“Come in!” Eylinn said as she stood to straighten her dress and fix her hair.
Nienna slowly entered the room and began walking across its length as she spoke, “Hello Eylinn, I wanted to talk to you about the conversation you had with Ra'gru. What was ...” She turned to Eylinn, surprised to see her in little better shape than herself, her eyes red and her hair and dress disheveled. “Why do you look so sad, what's wrong?”

Nienna saw Eylinn put on a brave smile even as her eyes showed hurt and sadness, “I.. I’m fine…”
It was obvious to Nienna that she was lying as she pulled a chair from the nearby table to sit next to her. She frowned slightly, “Eylinn, what's wrong? Is it something from last week, something with Freyr?"
Even as she spoke, Nienna saw Eylinn’s facade crumbling to a look of complete sorrow and despair, “He... left. His father came to take him away.”
Nienna wanted to reach out and comfort Eylinn, but hesitated, not wanting to send the wrong message. She frowned and settled for clasping Elyinn’s hands in hers, “I'm so sorry Eylinn. I've seen how Freyr looks at you and acts around you, this isn't his choice."
"He could have still asked me to come with... I would have obeyed..." Eylinn shook her head, the look of sorrow sill present "No... He knew I needed to go elsewhere." She closed her eyes tightly, and a look of anger crossed her face, though Nienna suspected it was at herself more than anything else, “I'm sorry, Nienna. I can't keep up with all this constant mourning over every turn. I'm being selfish."
Nienna still didn’t really understand the culture of the Green Chasm, and the obligation it created. Unsure of how to proceed she sighed, “Eylinn, this is something that you've said you need to do, but he needs to lead his men. He doesn't care any less for you or you for him. And you're not being selfish; you're worried about the man you love, as I'm sure he is worried about you." Nienna hoped she was comforting the older elf, she smiled slightly, “But there's nothing to worry about, you've made it this far haven't you?”

A smile came over Eylinn’s face as she rubbed her thumb over Nienna’s hand, “You're so good to me. Even Alfödr was good to me. You make me feel really lucky, do you know that?"
Nienna blushed almost imperceptibly and pulled her hand back, worried that she was being more than friendly, “Eylinn ... we all care about you, you're our friend, betrothed, future daughter, whatever, no one wants to hurt you or see you sad like this."
Nienna watched as Eylinn wiped a tear from her face and let out a short sob, worried that she had said the wrong thing until Eylinn spoke, “Then I will stop it, right away." Her eyes seemed to have a shine to them as she recovered "You wanted to talk to me about something, you said?"

Nienna smiled, she had almost forgotten what she had come to ask, “Yes, about when Ra'Gru was here. I'm not going to press you if you don't want to talk about it, but why did he come here? Why did he seek you out? And why tell us about Vlad?"
Eylinn sighed, but even as she did so she leaned closer to Nienna and spoke with a quiet voice, “I don't want there to be any big secrets between us, but this is very dangerous information if it gets out, do you understand?" Nienna simply nodded her head. "Ra'Gru somehow wound up in the stockades of my camp in the Wilds. I spoke with him, and asked me to look over his lover and the child." Eylinn frowned. "Then I released him."
Nienna was shocked, her eyes wide with confusion, “But why?”
Eylinn looked away from her, “"I thought he was good. Just stirred wrong, and deceived by the Dark One. That there was still hope. But I learnt my lesson now." She looked back at Nienna. "They're all gone." Nienna watched as Eylinn paused, “"As to why he came here to warn us, I don't know. Another trick, a bribe, maybe just to intimidate me to keep myself within his sphere of interest. I don't really care anymore."
Nienna nodded her head slightly and frowned, “My father thought the same thing.”

Nienna thought about what she had heard, and as much as she wanted to believe otherwise she felt that Eylinn was hiding something. Still, she didn’t want to push the issue, “Ok, I just wanted to make sure everything was ok." She looked up at Eylinn, remembering how she had been acting when they were talking a week ago, "Are you feeling any better now?"
Eylinn responded differently than Nienna expected, offering a playful smile, “Believe it or not, I always end up surviving when I definitely shouldn't. How are you faring through all this?"

Nienna smiled, glad to hear that Eylinn was feeling better, “I'm ok, it's not as bad as I thought at first anyway. I was speaking with my mother, my coronation will be soon, I hope you'll be able to come." Nienna thought for a second, "It should be fun, a break from all of this worry and darkness anyway."
Eylinn smiled when she heard that, "Wouldn't miss it for the world. And with a little luck, I'll be there when you are crowned queen too."
Nienna grinned, almost laughing when she heard that, “Excellent, though I think it is more likely that I'll be there for you. Lady General, leader of the armies of Agorath, Queen of Galadriel." Nienna began laughing playfully as she expanded Eylinn’s titles.
Eylinn clenched her teeth together however, “And the charm of a grey stone.”
As someone who knew the real Eylinn, this caused Nienna to laugh even more, “"Except for when you want to be charming. People follow you for a reason Eylinn, you're a leader."
Eylinn shook her head as Nienna spoke, “You can lead an army to the end of the continent, place them in perfect lines, counter charges, teach them tactics, and still fail in everything else. I don't go well with the company of Lords. Armas was a man to be a proper king, and his daughter will be one too. I swear it will be so." Eylinn gave Nienna a serene smile, placing her hand on her cheek. "I know it."
Nienna blushed as Eylinn’s had touched her face, “Thank you Eylinn, your support means a lot.”
Eylinn responded warmly, "No more than yours for me. I want you to feel good, Happy. You've started to become really important to me."

Nienna grinned, even as she looked down slightly, breaking eye contact, “You... you're important to me too. I've never been able to talk to my friends before, not like this I mean."
To Nienna’s surprise Eylinns face filled with concern, “Did you get to sleep that night? Clear your thoughts?"
Nienna silently cursed herself as she began playing with the ends of her hair, "Oh, um, yeah, I … everything was okay. My stomach just wasn't feeling well when I left dinner, I'm fine."
Eylinn didn’t accept that answer however and moved her hand under Nienna’s chin and raised her head until their eyes met. Her eyes were still filled with apparent concern.
Nienna couldn’t hold maintain eye contact with her, not now, not when they were talking about what had happened that night, “Eylinn, I’m ok”
The concern didn’t leave Eylinn’s eyes for one second as she pressed Nienna, “You can talk to me, you know that, right?"
Nienna screamed in her head, hoping the older girl would stop, looking for a way to avoid talking about what had happened, and more importantly what she thought about it. She couldn’t handle it right now. As her eyes began to water with the threat of tears Nienna nodded, “Of course, I know that Eylinn, we're friends"

Nienna’s hopes were dashed as Eylinn continued her questioning, “"Then what's the matter? It's clearly not allergies, you were fine just a minute ago. Did I say something wrong?"
Resigned to her fate, Nienna shook her head tried to answer with a little more honesty, "It's nothing, really I'm fine." As she spoke she felt the tears welling in her eyes and wiped them clear. "It's just that I care about you Eylinn, I don't want anything to happen."
Eylinn reached out and embraced Nienna, and said “Just tell me,” destroying her guard.
Nienna returned the embrace and put her head on Eylinn’s shoulder, “Eylinn ... I ... I think I love you." Even as the words left her mouth Nienna wished she could pull them back in. “But I don’t want to lose you, and that’s not how you feel” Worried, Nienna began rambling, not sure what else to do, “We're friends, that's fine, I like being your friend...”

Eylinn stood up and reached her hand out to Nienna without saying a word. Nienna’s rambling died down as she hesitantly offered her hand to the older elf, who then lead them over to the bedside and signaled for Nienna to sit down next to her. Nienna sat down, wondering what was going to happen next, how Eylinn would possibly respond.
Eylinn surprised her and said, "You'll never lose me." She leaned over to Nienna and kissed her on the cheek "I'm sorry I put you in this situation."
Nienna was in awe of what was happening, but quickly came to her sense, “No, no, it's my fault, you didn't do anything, it was me."
Eylinn began speaking again, quieting her before another rant could start, "I'll be your friend for as long as I may live. At least, that's how I feel it, as long as you want me as one."
Nienna was ecstatic to hear her say that, only seconds earlier sure that she had just ruined everything, "Of course! I'm sorry I keep making this so akward, I want to be your friend too."

Eylinn’s face filled with sorrow, causing Nienna’s to mirror it, wondering what she would say. “But I don't know if it will be for much longer."
Nienna gasped and pulled Eylinn into a hug, her head once again resting on the elf’s shoulder, “Please, please don't say that. You’re going to be fine, whatever you face, you’ll be fine … you have to be.”
Eylinn lowered her voice, her speech was hoarse, “I want to be honest with you. I don't want to keep any big secrets from you...” She paused for a moment, “I wan't someone to talk to..."
Nienna didn’t know what exactly was coming, but she was afraid to hear it all the same, still, she had to be there for her friend, “You can talk to me Eylinn”

There was no ceremony, Eylinn simply said, “I'm dying..."
Nienna refused to believe her, she shook her head, “No... we have priests... the order of the light, they have potions and magic. You'll be fine.”
Eylinn’s voice didn’t waver as she responded, “No, Nienna, priests can't cure this. I am dying.”
Nienna couldn’t control her emotions anymore, she knew she should be the one comforting Eylinn, but she couldn’t help herself. Tears rolled down her face, “Why?”
She chuckled, but anyone could see that there wasn’t any joy in the room at this point, “Yes, I’ve asked myself the same thing many times.”
Nienna couldn’t accept it, “Isn’t there anything we can do?” she said as tears continued rolling down her face onto Eylinn’s dress.

“I’m sorry…” Eylinn rubbed her hand over Nienna’s back, trying to comfort her.
Nienna pulled Eylinn even close, her voice shaky as she tried to stop the tears, “By the light, how are you so calm?”
Eylinn took Nienna’s face in her hands and looked into her eyes; Nienna could see that she had been crying this whole time as well, “I’m really not.”
Nienna frowned as a thought dawned upon her, “Does… does Fryer know?” Eylinn could only nod as fresh tears weld up in her eyes. “I’m so sorry Eylinn.”

“Tell me what I can do. I needed to tell you this, but now I need to know, what do you need?"
Nienna was shocked to hear her say that, how could she be worrying about her when she was the one dying. “No, this is about you, I’m not the one …” Her voice caught in her throat, she couldn’t bring herself to say the word.
Eylinn was adamant, “No. This is as much my fault. If there’s anything I can do, then tell me.”
It was then that Nienna realized what she was talking about. She couldn’t think about that now, “This isn’t your fault, that’s not fair to you. I can’t…” Nienna swallowed, her voice dropping to a whisper. “I can’t ask that, not like this, not now.”
Eylinn had a sad smile on her face, “Then I failed again. I can’t comfort anyone.” She brushed a stray red hair from Nienna’s face, allowing her to look upon it unrestricted.
Nienna frowned, sad that her friend felt this way, “No, don’t say that. I should be comforting you, I’m sorry.”
Nienna just finished apologizing when the blonde elf leaned in and gave her a short kiss then pulled her in for a hug, “There, now we’re even.”
Nienna grinned, momentarily forgetting the pain, and hugged her friend tightly, “Good.”

When Nienna finally said goodbye to Eylinn she quickly slipped out of the room, her eyes still red from the tears. She couldn’t let anything happen to her, she couldn’t let her die. She wiped her eyes as she walked towards the kitchens, hoping that no one would see her as she went. When she entered the kitchen she found just who she was looking for, her uncle Elrohir Oronar, champion of Coamenel.

Doing her best to keep her voice calm and steady she spoke, “Hello uncle, how are you doing today?”
Elrohir looked up from his stew, “Nien, good to see you finally out of your room, feeling better?”
She smiled and hugged him before answering, “Yes, I’m feeling better. There is something I have to talk with you about.”
When Elrohir had looked at her he could tell something was wrong almost immediately, his time as a ranger had led to him picking up on even the smallest of details, and try as she might she couldn’t hide her feelings from him. “What is wrong Nien? You’ve been crying.”
Nienna, smiled slightly, she should have known he would be able to tell, “It doesn’t matter, what does is that you are going on the quest to infiltrate Vlad’s castle correct.” Her uncle only nodded in response, his face very serious. “Good, there is something I need you to do when you’re there.”
Elrohir nodded, “Nienna… what is this all about, you need to be honest with me.”
Nienna continued speaking her voice almost completely devoid of emotion, “When you go there you have one mission, protect Eylinn, no matter what, and make sure the she takes whatever cure it is that you find there. You’re not to discuss this with anyone.”
Elrohir nodded, while he didn’t understand exactly why, he realized that this was important to Nienna and that was enough for him.
Nienna rose from her seat and began exiting the room without a word. Just as she reached the door she turned around, “Thank you Uncle, we have to save her.” With that she left and Elrohir returned to his stew.

For over a year, bands of escaped slaves were in arms in the foothills. They'd risen up in the days of the larger revolt that stretched across Agorath. They probably had no idea that the uprising in the Golden City that inspired them had been partly masterminded by Deagrin Wrothiron. Still, these desperate men and women, a mix of humans and elves of many origins, had left the Dwarven lands and caravans alone. Partly this was due to a sympathetic policy from Kogansunan, wherein no effort was made to hunt them down and traders occasionally ventured into the hills to swap vital supplies for their plunder. Partly it was due to the Dwarves' tendency to travel in large, armed parties.

Since the defection of Ra'Gru to the Darkness, almost all the fighting Orcs of Goi'Orka had marched away to his new hold somewhere in the distant west. The fate of the other Orcs and their servants was unknown. Did they accompany the new servants of darkness, or were they still there, cowering in what was once the Dwarf colony Gurukzigil? With so much more pressing matters on hand, the matter was not investigated.

But now Prince-Master Benthorn sent forth a small party of Dwarves from the Mountainhome. They were well armed, leading a train of pack mules laden with food, clothing, and arms. They went into the hills and badlands to the west, towards the city of Orcs. They chose a winding path through rough country where they hoped to meet the rebels. Most of the former slaves had moved on, to Galadriel or any of the human villages that might take them in. The ones who remained were the most hardened, those who had no kin to find and no home to hope for. They stayed to live a hard life of hunting and hiding, striking at any Orc they chanced to find.

After several days of travel, this caravan was camped in a sandy dell. They'd built a roaring fire of Thornapple wood, and talked and laughed loudly. Their watchman cried out in the late watches, after they had eaten and drank their full. A woman had crept, quieter than any cat, to within the edge of the circle of firelight. She was gaunt and short, her face obscured by a cloth over her nose and mouth. She had her bow in her hands with an arrow notched, but not drawn. She looked at the dwarves with dull curiosity.

The dwarves were slightly put out, and grumbled as they collected themselves, shooting their watchman cold looks. They had their weapons near at hand, but didn't draw them. They had been expecting visitors, though they had hoped for proper notice.

Their leader, a noble with a sky blue hood and a grey beard the swept his knees, bowed politely. "Gabes Redhammer, at your service, Miss. You are quite welcome to come and join us by the fire. We have already eaten, but we have plenty food and drink left for guests."

She was not expecting this reaction, and her eyes narrowed briefly in suspicion. But the offer was too tempting, and she had been creeping in the dark watching the dwarves feast for hours. A few dwarves moved aside to make room for her, and she took the offered ham and cup of mead. When she pulled aside her mask, her face clearly showed the scars from a slaver's brand. She tasted the meal carefully, but her hunger began to show through her caution.

"Might I have your name, dear lady?" Redhammer asked. She flinched as if anticipating a blow when he spoke. She swallowed, and said softly, "Nessa"

"Well, Miss Nessa, should you like to call your friends to have some as well?" Redhammer could not see them, but he was fairly certain this girl would not have dared to creep up on their camp alone.

Her eyes narrowed slightly. "No."

"As you like it." Redhammer said, and she ate on in silence. The dwarves watched her, with as much careful attention as they felt polite, resuming their talk amongst themselves at a more subdued volume. When she had finished her second slice of ham, she spoke up.

"We can take you to the road."

"I am sorry?" Redhammer responded, feigning confusion.

"The road, you're very far from it. But we could take you back to it. We wouldn't ask much."

"Oh, that is a very kind offer, Miss Nessa" Redhammer bobbed his head. "But in truth we are quite where we want to be. Our Prince sent us on just this path."

She furrowed her brow. "There's nothing out here for you." She replied.

"I disagree entirely, with respect. Why there is yourself, and your friends, and others I am sure. We came to spread the good news, and offer you our assistance."

"What news?" she asked.

"There's a High King in Kogansunan now, I give you joy! He is who we serve. And he is no friend of the lash, I assure you." Redhammer poured himself a cup of beer. "He has claimed Gurukzigil, what the Orcs called Goi'Orka, as part of his rightful domain. Their warlord has fled, along with his warriors. So we have come to proclaim the liberation of these hills, winding this way and that, until at last we come to Gurukzigil itself. And when we get to that hall, we will receive the submission of whatever Orcs are left living there, and entrust it to its new masters." He waved his left hand grandiosely as he drank deeply from the cup in his right.

"And who are they?" Nessa asked. Redhammer smiled. "Why, you Miss Nessa, and your friends, and any other such brave souls who rally to the service of the High King. For certainly we cannot entrust those halls to the orcs who squat there. And who better to keep watch over them than yourselves? If they wish to stay, they will do so under the likes of you. And if they don't agree, why you haven't seemed adverse to fighting in the past. You may have heard that we dwarves make good arms and armor, and the High King makes sure to keep his brave warriors properly armed. We've brought quite a variety to choose from, all paid in full. Would you be so kind as to join me in a toast, to your new dominions?"

Ra'Gru Remembered

Talks with Clan Elders and the new Chief of Goi'Orka, though promising, broke down by the end of the summer. The break in talks could be attributed to the differences in culture between the Orcish Clans and the Dwarven Kingdom. Despite lingering resentment from the old feuds, progress was made in the outlying territories surrounding the City, where smaller Orc settlements paid tribute and swore fealty to the High King Wrothiron. While some advisors to Wrothiron reputedly called for military action against the Goi'Orka, others advise the High King to exercise patience and to resume diplomatic talks.
No Military Forces Contributed!
30 Gold Chests Earned!

A Text on Advanced Military Tactics
Written by
Lord-General Raseed Rastaad
year 642 of the Golden Age​

"A General is only as competent as the soldiers behind him"
~Emperor Ecclesiasties I, Hero of Agorath, Dark's Bane, Keeper of the Light​

The phrase above uttered by the very first Emperor during the campaign that would ultimately lead to his final sacrifice, cannot be a truer statement. The command of a Lord-General is not an easy one, and a reliance and a confidence must be held firmly within the actions of one's subordinates should there be any hope of victory.

War Council
The advice given to a military commander should be well heeded. But other than the stratagem mind of the commander, are two other useful skills that should be looked for in those appointed to a War Council. One cannot underestimate the need for a cunning mind. The ability to weave together plots, both on and off the field could mean the difference between victory and defeat. Another important asset is a skilled statesmen. A diplomat whom can inspire loyalty could provide a wealth of men-at-arms to fight for you giving you the edge over prolonged conflicts.

With a seasoned strategist at the helm of the attack, and a schemer weaving plots while a diplomat bolsters the ranks from behind the lines all work in conjunction with an assured victory.

For example, several years ago, King Deabrok sought to bring the Mahakam Clan in Galadriel back within the fold of Highathar. The Clan however, enjoyed independence from the High Kingdom and had strong alliances with its elven neighbours. King Deabrok led a disastrous campaign marked by bitter defeat after bitter defeat. It's wasn't until the Mahakam Clan and their Elven Allies beat him back beyond the borders of Highathar and commenced a counter attack within the mountain kingdom itself, that the High King Deabrok admitted his short-comings and ceded to advisors for aid.

With his cousins in House Deagrin subtly manipulating events within the enemy camp, and inflaming tensions between the Mahakam and Elven Houses, and House GoldTooth negotiating to the Assembly of Lords for aid and the legitimacy of the High Kings claim that the alliance fell apart and Mahakam bowed to rising pressure with the Hall of Lords and surrendered to his dejure liege. By using the talents beyond his own mind for battle, the High King was able to end the conflict and achieve victory.

Battle Formations
The following are basic examples of battle formations that have been used that have been tried, tested and held true. Though a good commander may experiment with tactics, it is wise to not vary to greatly from basic principles on the field.

Step One - Assign your Flank Commanders.
When dealing with a large army, like a King or a Lord Commander, with multiple vassals under your command, be wise in selecting whom to lead the flanks. Most Lord-Commanders prefer to lead the center flank, but this is not always the case. Some prefer to lead from the rear reserve forces for a greater view of the battlefield and for safety, while others will take a left or right flank, the choice is up to the High Commander, but historically the place of greatest honour is within the center flank.

Be wise when choosing your flank commanders. If you find yourself in the uncomfortable position of directing a higher ranking lord in battle, he may take issue if not given the center flank, or if he is passed over of a flank command all together for someone more competent. Likewise, a brilliant strategist may be amiss if they are passed over someone of higher prestige. Offend to many, and you may find your army falling apart.

Step Two - Know Thine Enemy
Leading up to the battle, have your scouts report enemy movements and give you a detailed description of their formation. By knowing this you ascertain the best strategy for the battle. ((I will update in the thread the opposing formation))

Step Three - Select Your Strategy
With your war council in place, it is hoped that your schemer managed to hinder the enemy in whatever way they could devise, and your diplomat has petitioned for support among your allies. With your flanks in the hands of capable men, it is to be hoped that your victory is within sight, you need only determine a strategy.

New Battle System, Pertaining to Kings, and Lord-Generals.

msqf.jpg

From now on, battles will be fought from three separate flanks. The Lord-Commander, or King, whomever may be in charge, will designate three commanders for each flank. It is possible for a Great Diplomat to petition aid and add a fourth, reserve flank to bring up the rear of your forces. Remember that strategists will earn a combat bonus when commanding a flank. However keep in mind, that if a reserve flank is added to the battle, no battle bonus shall be attributed to it. It is also possible for the Lord-General or King to command from the rear, thus staying out of the fight for added safety and giving another commander the chance to prove their worth.

Once a flank falls into route, the opposing flank will then shift and focus on another flank still standing until all flanks on one side collapse. Anyone who has played Crusader Kings will be familiar with this system. War Orders now MUST be submitted by the deadline, as an additional day will be needed for strategy among the Lord-General. After I receive all war orders, I will inform the Lord-General whom will be fighting under his command.
IMPORTANT
You must state in your war orders if you are following the command of the Lord-General. If not you will lack the tactical cohesion of the General's Army and be fighting as a lone force - resulting in a lower chance of success and a risk of greater casualties !​

Last edited:
House Coamenel is holding a celebration for the coronation of Nienna Coamenel, daughter of Armas Coamenel, as Therain of Coamenel. In addition to the coronation and the following feast, a fair will be held in the city of Coal. All lords are invited to attend. The coronation will take place following the quest to Vlad's castle. ((Diplo order))

Last edited:
As lord commander, Deagrin Wrothiron asks for volunteers among the Lords of Light to serve as flank commanders, as well as those willing to serve as leaders of reserves and scouts.

((Point of slight clarification, would the leader of the scouts be the schemer? It being the area relying the most on stealth and deception, it would fit.))

As lord commander, Deagrin Wrothiron asks for volunteers among the Lords of Light to serve as flank commanders, as well as those willing to serve as leaders of reserves and scouts.

((Point of slight clarification, would the leader of the scouts be the schemer? It being the area relying the most on stealth and deception, it would fit.))

((The leader of the scouts would be a role delegated to lesser captains, unless of course you have a plot that involves them being concocted from your schemer. Ultimately its up to you as Lord-General. Regardless of who is in charge of the scouts, you will have a report of who you will be facing on the battlefield before the battle takes place, as well as what forces have shown up to give you aid.

Know that the three positions of highest honour, are the three flank commanders. All lords and champions taking part in the battle will be under their command. ))

((Just to point out before the end of the turn. In order to keep plots at a manageable level, each player may only initiate ONE plot, and support ONE plot. Schemers on the other hand, though they may only initiate one, may lend their support behind any number of plots.))

ar136156487848336.png

Lord-Commander Gerald of Westelli
Commander of the Golden Army

Hail High King Wrothiron of House Deagrin, Lord-General of the Light. Creator bless you. I volunteer my service as Flank Commander for the coming battle. As a strategist well versed in the arts of war, my talents and sword are yours to command.

May the Creator give us a swift victory!​