• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alfödr was sitting in his tent drinking a Dwarven wine he had managed to find among some of the High Hrothgar soldiers. It was different from the honey mead in Norseland. It was sweet but different from the mead sweetness.

- "Fruits..." he told himself as he leaned back and started to relax. But it wasn't for long. A gnawing feeling in the back of his head grew. The memory of the venomous face of Qylan in the Assembly appeared for him. He threw away the goblet and drew his sword and charged out of the tent.

- "TO ARMS!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, his officers heard him and scattered to prepare his army. Soon enough the lines were formed and the shield wall took place to prepare for the hordes. A deadly silence and uneasiness hung over his men, he did not blame them, they were fighting the very image of horror and terror.

He walked up in-front of the formed lines and closed his eyes and inhaled. He seemed like he grew, as if he became bigger over mere seconds. The air grew warm, a comforting feeling emanated from Alfödr.

- "No man should follow another who dares not fight with him." he turned around "THE UNNAMED ONE IS EXPECTING US, LET'S NOT KEEP HIM WAITING NO MORE!"

They raised their sword and charged into the oncoming horde of vile creatures. Many men was lost but no matter how terrible it got, Alfödr kept swinging his sword. That sword claimed many this faithful day. The battle lasted for hours, but his soldiers were calm and full of energy. They drew strength from Alfödr to keep fighting.

A magician of the dark had come in Alfödr's path. The dark one spit in his direction and pointed towards him. dead bodies around them started to raise themselves and pick up arms. Alfödr didn't worry, he just smiled.

- "I too can play that game you fool" around him fallen pale ones souls manifested as frozen droplets in the air. They charged at the vile one's creations. He started to walk slowly towards the necromancer. To defend himself he throws a bolt at Alfödr, but a soul gets in the way to protect him. "That's the difference between our magics... Yours is that of cadavers... Mine is that of souls, these ones are fighting of their own will. They are fighting with me, and not for me like yours."

The magician threw another but this one was way of target, he was panicking. The souls had surrounded him, they would not let him leave. The air was freezing, Alfödr's skin had turned azure but his eyes were black as well.

- "You may be of the dark, but I can do things much worse than you." his arm reached in trough the necromancers chest and he grabbed a hold of something. The necromancer screamed out in pain. "W-W-What are you?"

Alfödr leaned in and whispered something and the face of the necromancer turned white of fear. He started to pull slowly and the necromancer screamed in agony. As he pulled out his hand, he held something glowing. He crushed it. The ground around him had become frozen solid. The dark soldiers with allegiance to the necromancer was dealt with. But his actions had spiked the interest of more forces.

The Pale Ones readied themselves for another charge.

Last edited:
((On the subject of NPC vassals, since Eidur and Videonfan have seemingly dropped out, can I claim the Mahakam and Urist Dwarves as my vassals? With the one I have strong marriage ties, while the other is within Highathar province))

"As there has been no objection made to my nomination, I shall assume the duties of command. I wish my first statement as Lord Commander to be an expression of gratitude and appreciation to Therain Eylinn Mindrella. Despite our setbacks I feel she carried out her duties judiciously, to the best of her ability with the resources and knowledge on hand. Had it not been for unprecedented intervention by dark magic, I believe she might have led us to victory.

In order to contain the risk of vampire infection, while avoiding the risk of infighting posed by unilateral action, I order that all those known or suspected of vampiric taint be brought forth for examination by priests and mages. If there is no evidence to substantiate the claim, they will be released and returned to duty. If they are judged infected, but not yet turned, they will be detained and watched until the possibility of a cure is explored, or until they become an unacceptable threat. If they are found to already be turned into creatures of darkness, they are to be destroyed immediately to prevent contamination from spreading. The later course will also have the benefit of allowing us to determine which of the various methods proposed for vampire-slaying is most efficient. Those infected but still able and willing to participate in the quest for a cure may be released to do so at the discretion of Therain Eylinn as quest leader and their own lords.

As High King of Highathar, I, Wrothiron, of the House of Deagrin, Blood of Deabrok the Elder King, call upon all Dwarves to provide aid and succor to the assembled armies of the Lords of Light. Let those who command armies muster them at once to join us, and let those who craft arms and armor undertake to supply them with quality weapons, edged with silver and graven with runes of righteous fury. Let no one dispute that the cause of Light is the cause of the Dwarven people, for when the Vampire Lord is banished from the world again, and his army shattered, we will at last be poised to cleanse our ancient homelands and restore the grandeur of the Kingdom Under the High Mountain."

Lore: High Kingdom of Highathar

The High Kingdom of Highathar

Alternate titles: High Kingdom of the Dwarves, High Kingdom Under the Mountains, King Under the High Mountain (historical)

Ruling Dynasty: House Deagrin

Sigil:
20101211024122_AssassinLogo.png

Ruler: High King Deagrin Wrothiron
Heir Designate: Prince Master Deagrin Benthorn

History: The High Kingdom has its roots in the semi-mythological era of the Seven Fathers and Seven Mothers. Deabrok the Elder King awakened first at Highathar, greatest of Mountains, and made his home there. In time each of the other Fathers paid homage to him and dwelt in his halls, though one by one they all would leave to found their own halls, the other original Mountainhomes. During this period the foundations of Dwarven culture were laid, and the era when all the fathers dwelt in Deabrok's Halls is viewed as the pattern after which all later Dwarven communities were built.

It was during the Age of Heroes that the High Kingdom proper can be said to have been born, though Highathar had always been preeminent among the Mountainhomes and the other colonies that were spawned from them. Deabrok Vladislav was the first to command the loyalty of the other Mountainhomes in the first war against the Dark One, and is thus counted as the second High King. His role in the victory enshrined him as one of the great heroes of the age, and his descendants would maintain the title well into the Age of Empire. In practical terms the power of the High King waxed and waned, depending on the times and the abilities of its occupant. At their height the High Kings commanded loyalty and tribute from virtually all Dwarves, along with humans and elves living in the shadow of the mountains.

By the time Argus III usurped the Imperial throne, infighting, poor leadership, and lack of a common cause had dwindled the High Kingdom to being only slightly more powerful than the de facto independent Underkings. The new Imperial dynasty successfully exploited rivalries between dwarf lords to isolate and subjugate them one by one. When the High Mountain itself seemed doomed to fall, the last High King Deabrok Spitesteel collapsed the inner sanctum, crushing the halls of the Elder King and entombing himself with his enemies.

The House of Deagrin is a cadet branch of the House of Deabrok, having been banished from the High Mountain before eventually rising to power in Kogansunan. For generations it was simply one of many houses ruling formerly great mountain fortresses. But in the time since the deposition of the Emperor, the Deagrins under Burntbeard and Wrothiron have made Kogansunan the center of a burgeoning Dwarven Renaissance, and a leader in the new fight against the Dark One, and are now recognized as High Kings.

Politics: The High Kingdom always placed great emphasis on the rights of the individual Underkings and Masters. The internal affairs of these vassal communities are entirely outside the authority of the High King, except for the most egregious violations of The Law. The Law is a body of ancient and sacred rules tracing back to the age of Deabrok himself, deriving its authority not from any lord but from "natural and self-evident justice." While centuries of scholarship and commentary have led to wildly differing interpretations, The Law is not subject to being suspended or changed by any leader, from the patriarch of a city-dwarf family to the High King himself. The High King can command tribute and oblige his vassals to provide troops at need, though unruly vassals have been known to exploit obscure legal clauses to excuse disobedience. City Dwarf trade guilds have typically nominated an Elder to serve as spokesman to the High King, a practice that continued after the fall of the High Kingdom as an honorary position. When the High King's authority extended over communities of humans or elves, they were typically extended a similar degree of autonomy as Dwarven lords.

Succession Law: Traditional Dwarven inheritance law calls for the father to designate which of his heirs receive which of his possessions. In the case of rulers this includes his titles. Custom and law dictate that there be an equitable distribution between his children, except in cases where a potential heir is judged to be mad or an outlaw. In the absence of a will, or if the heir-designate should also die, the selection of an heir falls to his principle vassals and servants, who choose from among adult relatives.

Major Vassals:

Master Goldtooth SwiftThorn of the Tooth
Master Urist Wonorm of Ursthol

Other Vassals:
The Guildmasters of Kogansunan
Elders of the Golden City's Dwarf District

Kin and Allies:
Underking Yarpen syn Światowida of the Mahakam Clan

Court Offices: The full court of the High King is rarely assembled, as most vassals are either in the field with their forces or at home managing their own affairs. There are some Kingdom-wide offices of consequence that a High King is obliged to appoint.

Grand Historian: This dwarf is charged with keeping the official chronicle of the High Kingdom

Senior Justice: The head of the legal scholars in the realm, this dwarf advises the High King, but it principally concerned with ruling in disputes between less senior judges.

Coinmaster: Sets standards regarding currency, and keeps accounts of tributes paid. By law cannot be a tribute-paying vassal himself, but may be a family member.

A Hunger for Friendship

Green Chasm irradiated her vision in all its most saturated glory. The green was greener, the water clear, and the sunrays that escaped through the canopy made the dew in the grass reflect the Light in a sparkling display, as of that from the reflections of every jewel in the world. Eylinn couldn’t even remember the last time she had seen something so beautiful. It was as if it wasn’t even real. Yet, on the road were the people she always held so dear. Her sister, her betrothed, the other lords, even the people she had burnt in pyres after the Corpus. Even Qylan was there, and they all smiled. It was a welcoming sight after such a terrible campaign.

As she crouched down by the riverbed, splashing the water one her, it was as if the war had never happened. Contending with the cool drops covering her face, she didn’t even notice the darkness cloud over her head. She turned cold and the water in which she stood darkened and thickened. Fish, that didn’t even live in the canal, surfaced from the tar. Dead, and mutilated, they spread a horrible stench. She turned around, and saw the happy congregation lying dead, scattered all over in piles of pale corpses. Eylinn was terrified, and as the drops turned warm, she could feel the blood of her loved ones in her mouth, running down her chin. She was satiated, but she screamed.

She woke up, having bit her own tongue. A hoarse laughter was ringing in the back of her head. Dreagon loved to play with her mind whenever he had the chance. She was sweating, her face agonized. Her eyes wandered towards Freyr, who had insisted he’d sleep in the same tent as her henceforth. He hadn’t moved, so her yelling must have been kept inside her mind. Reassured, she fell back upon the pillow, but she was not interested in any more dreams for the night.

“I need to go to Coal. I need a break from it all, speak with Nienna. Just be normal for a day or two before we continue to the Pale.” Her whisper didn’t provoke more than incoherent mumbling from Freyr at the other side of the tent. She hadn’t spoken to the new Therain of Coamenel much, but they’d at least kept in touch through some correspondence. Eylinn felt more at ease around her, being both in the same situation. Alone, young, women of responsibility granted them too soon. She had taught her well to embrace her feminine side, without it feeling so damn unnatural.

“I kind of like the idea of having a friend.” She said with utmost certainty, willing to take it for granted. “Someone to just talk with, you know?” Freyr made a short snore. They now loved each other, so neither Light nor Dark would offend to their marriage. Still, the illness was creeping up on her, never failing to alert her of its presence. She was in constant pain, and it was tearing at her psyche. She was always tired, and not even sleep could cure it. “I love you.” She whispered, and turned facing the wall of the tent.

Eylinn walked into the throne room followed by Freyr on her right hand side, and Alvon behind them. Larien and Nienna were seated where she had once seen Armas sit, the last time she was here. It felt as such a long time ago, in a very different life. She curtsied towards them.
"Therain Nienna, and milady Regent. You accepting my intrusion make me both humble and grateful." They had that noble shine she always lacked, or never desired to acquire. One day, she will be queen. Eylinn was sure of it. Larien gave her a polite smile.

“It is no intrusion at all, Therain Eylinn. You are always welcome in Coal. Not only have you led our armies and protected our people, but I know Armas saw you like a daughter." Nienna’s smile was more apparent than that of her mother, but she kept her tongue a little while longer. It made Eylinn happy to feel such gracious words directed at her, proud and at ease to hear she was held fondly by the old Elven Theron before his demise.
"You honour me. I had no idea Armas had such warm thoughts of me, but it gladdens me for I also held him dear. I come only to seek lodgings and meet up with old allies and friends on my way North, so feel not obligated to make any fuss on my expense." She reminded herself of what grave news she would have to bring now that she was here. "I wish I could bring more reassuring words from the West, but alas, we could not finish the task we set ourselves to complete." The regent only nodded.

“Yes, I had heard as much. It seems even with Dark magic in play the petty lords of this land can't stop fighting long enough to work for a common goal." She lowered her voice as to keep whatever curious ears deaf from her speech. "Especially that bastard, Kalare." Larien returned to her normal tone after a short breath. "But know that the people of Coamenel hold great respect for the work that you have done. I believe that under anyone else, the Light army would have been defeated, or the lords fractured." Nienna decided to butt in, clearly impatient from all these formalities.
"Nonsense Eylinn, we will have a feast in your honour. You can rest first of course; it looks like you need it. Not that you look bad...” The girl’s face reddened from embarrassment. “...just tired." Eylinn blushed in response, becoming increasingly self-conscience. She probably did look like a mess. The perpetual travel, little sleep, the constant growing pain rushing through her every vein as the infected blood spread...

“Such kind words. F-Forgive me, for the journey have been long and the campaign hard. Six months in the Wilds has taken its toll on me, I'm sure. But if you insist, me and my guests shall appreciate the gesture and join your feast. I'm sure they're hungry." She looked over at Freyr who seemed to confirm her suspicion, and from behind her, Alvon let out a satisfied grunt. The red haired girl grinned.
"Excellent." She turned to the steward. "Can you show them to the guestrooms? I am sure they will want to get some rest and prepare for the feast.” He walked down to the group in a most up-tight fashion, in clear contrast to the teenager’s familial disposition.

"Follow me, please." They started moving with him, just as Nienna raised her voice yet again.
"Eylinn, could I speak with you in private for a moment before you stay in your quarters?" She was most happy to oblige.
"Of course, Therain. Lead the way." She walked up to Nienna and followed her lead. The girl took her hand, and led her through the corridors of the castle, the white dress tossing and turning in every direction. They reached her room, and she almost threw Eylinn inside, closing the door behind them.

"So, I noticed Freyr is here?" She opened her window to show the magnificent view of the dusk lowering itself over the landscape. Eylinn responded with a mischievous smile.
"He won't go ten feet away from me since the last battle. I bet he's out of his mind with worry right now." She walked up to the window and gazed beyond. She wouldn’t admit it, but the sun was starting to hurt her. She was just happy to be able to see it every day before her demise, but it was not without its price. Nienna picked up on the comment, giggled, but it sure vanished fast and her voice came with clear concern.

"Wait, why not? Did you get hurt? Are you alright? If you need to go rest or anything, then that is fine, we can talk later." Eylinn had said too much. Her very first sentence had worried the girl. She was a terrible actor.
"N-No... I..." She inhaled the fresh air to compose herself. "Well, almost. I'm fine now. Mostly my pride got hurt than anything else." Her short comment had been enough, as Nienna once again shown up a smile.

"Well that's good. I take it things are going well between you two then, after six months together?"
"Oh, you have no idea. He's just perfect." She looked over at her with a deep, honest smile. "I've just never felt so happy, Nienna." She pulled her back towards the window and rested her elbows on the windshield, feeling the fresh scent of cinnamon escaping from the kitchen cellars down below. "He’s handsome, caring, and brave. And he worked hard to become all those things as well." Nienna rushed up and embraced Eylinn. She smell of roses. Eylinn hugged her in return.

"I'm glad, you deserve to be happy." She laughed. "Last time we talked you weren't too sure about him. So you're going to get married when you get to the Pale then?"
"That is the plan. Or at least I think. His father is still with the army. I wouldn't want to rob my future father-in-law the chance of seeing his son’s wedding." All those clashes with Alföðr. Sometimes she wondered what she had gotten herself into. She made a grimace. "A Nord as father-in-law. Could you imagine?" Nienna just grinned.

"Not really, but from what I hear if you're going to have one, Alföðr would be your best choice from the lot.” She walked over to her bed and sat down. "So tell me this, is Freyr's kissing still as great as you said during the breakfast in Azeratii?" A toothy smile appeared on the young Elf girl, clearly thirsty for more gossip.
"We've had better since, I guess." Eylinn blushed, but at the same time realised what she had said. Intimacy was greatly frowned upon during a betrothal in her culture, and she had now given it away. She swiftly changed the subject. "By the Light, look at me yapping about. How have you been? Found any prospect of your own?" She raised an eyebrow and sniggered. "Or have you just settled with another flirt?” The red hair became hard to distinguish from the face, as the young maiden flushed.

"No, not really, I haven't had the time. My mom and tutors have been working with me to prepare for when the regency ends, and it's a lot more work than I expected. But it can be fun and it's an important job." She smiled with sincerity at Eylinn. "You know, I wasn't supposed to be the heir, my brother Elessar was. He never said it, but I think my dad chose me because of you. Because you showed him and the other lords that a woman could lead." Nienna looked down at her lap as she started playing with the ends of her hair in a nervous twitch. Eylinn walked over and sat beside her, grabbing for her hand to keep in her own.

"Your father meant a lot to me, and I looked up to him. Whatever decision he made to make you heir, was not because of anything but what his wisdom guided him to do. I bet he felt you'd be a great ruler." Compared to the many other lords, she would. She had heart, hidden strength, and her warm hand showed she was honest and true. Not like the others. Eylinn’s eye moved away, and the lid started twitching. "Unlike those insidious cowards and brutes that claim themselves pristine men or of higher birth... Half of them deserve a gut thrust at best and their innards gashed out..." Her sight was darkening, and the hatred filled her. Their treacheries and schemes, and their incompetence and...

"What?” Nienna reacted, shocked. “What are you talking about Eylinn?" She woke up from her mental tirade, wondering why she’d have one at all. What had she said? The words that just escaped her mouth was clouded, and hidden in a haze.
"Wha...?" She spurted, and looked into Nienna’s eyes, lost and disoriented. She looked worried.

"Are you sure you’re alright? You just talked about killing people and now you look like you don't even know where you are!" Nienna stood up. "Here, lie down, I'll go get a priest to look at you. He'll have some medicine to help." Eylinn panicked.

"No... Don't send for a priest." She tried on a smile. "Just keep me company, would you?" Nienna responded with a puzzled expression.
"Are you sure? You seemed really out of it just now." Eylinn tapped her hand on the bed cover, signalling for her to remain, or at least sit down.

"I'm sure. War leave scars, but they don’t last an eternity." It didn’t seem to comfort the young girl, but she sat down nonetheless.
"Are you sure you're ok? We have a priest in the castle here; it wouldn't be any trouble..." Why did she insist on this so hard? What would it take to convince her? What if the priest could see right through her, see her sickness? She would use her next words with care, quelling the irritation and even venomous rage building up inside.

"I'm very sure." She sat up next to her. "You're my only friend... Or... At least you are from my perspective... It just feels good to... Talk to one." It seemed to have worked as Nienna’s worry seemed to have all but evaporated. Honesty can go a long way, but too much honesty...
"I'm sure there are a lot of people who would want to be your friend, I mean who wouldn't?" The worry had barely escaped both of their memory when Nienna peeled up her excitement. "Oh! We should do those makeovers we were talking about at the feast!" Eylinn brightened up.

"Did you have that curler you were talking about?" Nienna’s eyes were practically gleaming at Eylinn’s enthusiasm.

"Yay!" She jumped up from the bed clapping, and ran over to a table on the far wall. "Give me a second; I know it's over here somewhere." The wide array of beautification tools were cluttered over the limited space she had left for them. Eylinn looked at the girl fiddling around, most amused.

"You clearly weren’t brought up for soldier work. Alvon would have flogged me for keeping such a mess in my room."
"Really? But he seems like such a kind and gentle soul." Nienna laughed at her own sarcasm. "Ah, here it is!" She had dug long and hard for her entire inventory, and was heading back to the bed with her arms filled. They had some vast differences in their priorities. That was for certain. Eylinn dug through her belt purse, sporting a single twig of blood amaranth.

"I brought my fists to a knife fight, it seems." Nienna just giggled.
"Oh, you are definitely going to need me at your wedding." Eylinn smiled.

"So you will come?!"
"Of course I will come! It's your big day; you need everyone of your friend there.” Nienna just laughed as Eylinn turned bashful to the fact she didn’t have that many acquaintances to invite. It would be a rather empty sermon at this point. She giggled nonetheless.

"I will indeed. Should I start?" She wiggled the single flower in her hand. The master of beauty just looked at it.
"Well I think that needs to be crushed and moistened. But let's do your eyes first, we've got the curler right here!" Eylinn started to break the flower in her hand as Nienna moved in on her lashes. "Hold still, I'm going to poke your eye out if you keep squirming around." She turned her face towards the ceiling, looking up at the small candelabra heating the tapestry with an orange light.

"Hey! I wouldn’t even hear such terrible threats from the enemy on the battlefield! In fact, I think they’d be content with me just squirming." She said in an attempt for a daring joke. Nienna giggled.
"They would probably make even better threats if they saw you getting a makeover!" Eylinn bit her lower lip.

"Then let's give them a reason to be creative." The eyelashes were finished, and Nienna put down the curler.
"Perfect! Now what are we going to do with this crushed up plant getting all over my bed?" Eylinn just laughed.

"You'll live, milady! Here, I'll show you." She grabbed Nienna’s chin and straightened the face to get a clearer view. She measured an inch of powder and started applying it on the girl’s cheeks to elate the pink hue under the bone. "I get jealous when I look at you, Nienna. You already got the pretty without all this colour." Nienna was not content with the comment.
"Oh and you don't? Why do you think Freyr stole that kiss? It wasn't because of your charming first impressions." Her laugh caused Eylinn to spill some of the powder. Nienna gasped. "My dress!" Eylinn didn’t pay any notice of it, studying her being as she kept up with the rouge.

"He makes me feel like it, I guess. At least, wanting to be for him." She stopped in the middle of an emotion, and looked into her eyes. "One day, you'll find someone to make you feel pretty every day. Strong and confident." She moved her thumb to Nienna's lips, feeling their inviting fullness. "Safe." Eylinn tilted her head, clad with a face of serious intent. Nienna was special. Her Light was so inviting, and her warm skin was... The hunger... She started rubbing the thumb over her mouth, her eyes fixed at her own fingers. The young girl’s eyes widened, and spoke unfinished words.

"Wha...?" Eylinn moved her hand from Nienna’s face, and brushed away the hair behind her right shoulder, resting her fingers at her nape. She started to mark her breathing. It was so... The pulse revealed itself on Nienna’s neck, and Eylinn’s lips started to slowly part. She made a first attempt at leaning in, surprised to find the girl responded to her actions, tilting her head and stretching the target further.

The hunger... Eylinn started breathing heavier, and so did Nienna, who at this point, seemed too willing. Had Eylinn been to her senses, she would have wondered what was going on, but now, she welcomed it. The girl’s excitement increased her heartbeat. She wanted, no, needed to feel it. Eylinn went closer, pressing her slightly separated mouth against Nienna’s neck. The girl shivered, and Eylinn could feel the pulsating, soft skin tap at the tip of her tongue. Hot, delicious, thin, so easy to break through. All her pain was gone, and all the greatest scents of the greatest meals filled her nostrils with delight.

It was too much... She removed her mouth from Nienna’s neck, wondering what she was so excited about. She found herself facing her, feeling her breath upon her lips. Eylinn almost salivated, but she was waking up. She needed to apologize.

“Ah... Fo-“ But before she could finish the sentence, Nienna enveloped her lips around hers. Eylinn was back in her trance, feeling the heartbeat increase in the girl through the smooth skin touching hers. Her breath was sweet, and Nienna’s tongue was gently presenting itself inside her mouth, and she met it, and her stomach was screaming to open her. Terrified, Eylinn opened her eyes, and their lashes collided as she did so. She still had her eyes closed. The girl enjoyed it. She herself however, did not. She pulled her face away. “No... F-Forgive me... I...” Nienna blushed, furiously.
“I’m so sorry! I thought...” She was her friend, yet all she felt was famished. A yearn to drain her. It was starting to accelerate. How soon until she would hurt someone? The pain came back, all at once, and Eylinn flinched, almost yelling. Nienna stood up. "I'm going to get the priest!" But she didn’t reach the door. Ra’Gru stepped out of the shadows and blocked her path.

Unexpected Hope

“That was interesting.” He said, clearly confused of what he just saw. Nienna let out a scream, and Eylinn’s reaction was swift. She launched forward, grabbed Nienna and kept her behind herself, shielding her from the Orc no longer an Orc. She reached for her sword, but discovered to her great dismay it was not there.
“Stay the fuck away!” She yelled at him, her face unrecognizable, the rage controlling her every move.

“Oh relax; you don’t even have a weapon with you.” He said short, not paying her state any worthwhile attention.
"I don't care what you'll do with me, Ra'Gru, but you leave Nienna alone. She's innocent." She hissed, and spat between every word, more beast than Elf. The girl was clenching at her dress behind her back, succumbing to panic. A wheezing noise echoed in the room, as she tried to summon her wind magic between the tears.

"Hehe, don’t worry. I’m not here to harm you." Ra'Gru said with a smile on his lips. "Do you have a cup of wine by any chance? You wouldn’t want to leave a guest thirsty, would you?" An otherworldly sound escaped from Eylinn’s esophagus.
"You think I'll fall for that again?"

"Well you did not take my word to heart last time. According to Qylan, you let your guard down, so you clearly learned nothing." Mentioning Qylan was the final insult she was even remotely willing to tolerate.
"Don't... Tempt... Me..." She hissed. "I've learnt more than enough from Qylan by now, and I'm not making another such mistake." Nienna started to inch towards her nightstand.

"What mistake? Nothing happened to you the last time. For all I know, you might have enjoyed it." The Orc sneered. She felt disgusted. What did he take her for?
"Yes. Being throttled is a real turn on for me, you sick cockhead."

"Well being in prison didn’t turn me on either." In what was only the split of a second, Nienna had thrown herself at the nightstand and grabbed the only weapon available in the room. A letter opener made of pure silver.
“Eylinn, catch!” Without even turning around, she reached with her right hand and caught the flying knife, holding it in a firm grip, aimed at Ra’Gru. She sported a sinister grin, no longer feeling as helpless. As long as she had a blade, she could at least hurt him in some way, before she’d die.

"Don’t be a fool." He said, not even reaching for his own piece.
"Now that we're both armed, how about you tell me how you even got in here?" He laughed at her question, mockingly or amused, she couldn’t tell, nor did she care to know.

"Quite easily. The same way I disappeared from your stockade."
"Then why aren't I dead yet, if you can move so freely and silent?"

"Why would I want to kill you?" Eylinn’s eyes narrowed.
"Do I look like a girl interested in guessing games?! When are you going to stop ask questions, and do whatever you’re here to do?"

"By the look on your face, I would guess you aren’t. Also you seem different.” He turned his head towards the girl crouching down by her bed. “Lady Nienna, my condolences to the death of your father." She stopped crying, and instead spoke to Ra’Gru with a trembling voice.
"Don't talk about him... He trusted you, and now he's dead..."

"And so are many other lords. Your father was a good man and I did not intend for him to die like that. Yet we cannot change the past. This is war and many more will die before it’s over." Concern grew in his voice, but Eylinn didn’t believe a word he said. She moved to block his sight of Nienna again.

"If you're threatening her..."

"It is a fact. In war, many will die." Tired of cowering at the floor, Nienna moved up and cling to Eylinn’s side.
"Many will die because of your greed!” She yelled, in full confidence, with strength as hard as steel. “Return to the Light, you can be saved!" Ra’Gru responded only in anger.

“You know nothing of my choices or my greed, and do not attempt to assume you do." Eylinn couldn’t believe her ears. Still he would defend the Dark, even after she had seen what a spiteful scourge it was. Sadistic, cruel, vile. Her blood boiled at the injustice she had been dealt, and focused it on the man standing before her.
"Your Dark took everything from me! Everything I had, everything I could have had! So don't lecture me of choice! I upheld my part of the fucking bargain, what more do you want?! Or do you only wish to torment us more?" She could feel Nienna letting go of her arm, whispering into her ear.

“What do you mean?” The girl was confused, but Eylinn only glanced at her in a hopeless gaze. Annoyed at her own inability to keep her mouth shut, she got even angrier, and reached the knife further and more threatening at the intruder, almost at a striking position.
"The Dark has taken nothing from you.” He said, and now she hated him thoroughly. ”Regarding the bargain, if you truly upheld it, then how is my child?"

"He's safe as safe he can be. Under the care of a good willed man, and so it will remain."
"And the mother?" Ra'Gru asked, with worry shooting from his eyes.

"Married to the heir of Three Rivers." She said in a chill voice. "As far as her husband knows, you raped her. She's safe under his pity." Ra’Gru turned, towering, his fury apparent for anyone to see.
"What?" He yelled. "You let her marry into the whorehouse of Three Rivers? The one who burns followers of both Dark and Light?" Eylinn relished in his misery. It was like fuel for her own ego. The terror mixed with joy at his pitiful display. All that was left was for a chance to open him from the belly and up.

"The less he'll touch her then, I imagine."
"Mind your tongue. You handed her over to the biggest lunatic in Ecclestius."

"Me? Are you joking? I am as little involved with the marriages of the realm as you are. Would you rather she'd live the rest of her life alone? Left as the talk of bastards, undesirable and unloved?" Ra’Gru calmed himself.
“No, I guess not" His eyes shifted between the two maidens. “Anyway, that is not why I am here." He was done? Already? She lowered the knife.

"Then speak... Before my patience with you end."
"Tell me, have you ever heard of a book called the Necronomicon?" He seemed intrigued to learn of what they already knew, his curious nature shining through his reeking facade. Eylinn was taken aback by the question.

"I'm not exactly the reading kind of person." And she had no idea what gave him that impression in the first place.
"Too bad. There are so many good books out there. But this one in particular is very powerful."

"For what purpose?" Nienna leaned in to once again, whispering into Eylinn’s ear.
“Dark Magic...”

“Power...” Ra’Gru said. “Dark Power.” He smiled. Eylinn moved her eyes skyward, nonchalant and bored of where this conversation was going. Yet again of the mighty Dark, the powers to pursue ones noble goals. To her, all it had ever done was removing even the chance to have any.
"What of it?"

"It requires a sacrifice to work." His face turned grave. "The blood of a virgin Elven girl to be exact." And again, he smiled, seemingly pleased with his own presentation.
"Great." It seemed the disease wouldn’t be claiming her after all. She’d be stolen the chance to even taste the pursuit of life’s greatest pleasure, all for the furthering of Dark spells. It had been one of the few things that had kept her mood high, that at least when in the Pale, they’d finally be two. Joint. Nienna seemed as upset as her, though she was more willing to show it. Tears fell from her eyes, and she desperately tried to summon whatever magic she was able, ready to defend herself. She was too inexperienced to realise; that all she was planning to do was draw out the inevitable, and bitter the taste when defeat would finally come.

"To sweeten the story even further, the book is in the hand of Zephfer Huaindren, the madman of the Elves." Eylinn lowered her eyes, and loosened the grip of the knife, funnelling her own fire into the blade.
"So you’re here to collect a sacrifice and a spare? I can assure you. You will only need me." Ra’Gru let out a laugh.

"If that was my intent, I would not be speaking to you now. I would have a sword in my hand and a fireball in the other." Eylinn’s face turned into disgust.
"I'm glad you find all of this so amusing."

"I will advice you both to be careful about what you plan to do. Zephfer will no doubt try to take one of you if the chance presents itself." Ra’Gru looked into her eyes.” And there was another thing. I heard your army had a little bit of a vampire problem." Eylinn's face raged again
"Yes?" She spoke between her teeth.

"There is a priest with the name of Mikhail currently travelling to your assembly. He knows parts of what needed to be done to manage it. In the north-eastern part of Ecclestius, there is a county called Wallachia. Vlad is the lord of those lands, and he is not a normal count. That would be the first place to check to solve the problem with the disease." Eylinn flinched at his words.
"A cure?"

"That I do not know, but it is worth looking into. I am truly sorry that i cannot stay for the feast, but I wish you a good evening.” He turned around. “Also, don’t look so gloomy. It really does tear up your looks." He vanished, leaving the girls with a foul taste in their mouths, and to Eylinn, a small ember of hope.

Nienna shrunk down to the floor, her back against the wall. She pulled her arms around her knees, and spoke in a faint, weak voice.
"What was he talking about? What is going on?"

“It’s ok. Don’t worry about it.” She dropped the knife, turned around, and sat down next to Nienna. "There's been a lot of grim news lately. They get easier to learn with time." The girl lowered her red head into her knees, crying loudly. Eylinn reached an arm around her, pulling her towards her chest, with the ear towards her own heart. "Don't be afraid. He won't get to you." She had no great memories of Zephfer, or the rumours about him. But she had been empathic with his son, and she wondered if he’d followed his father’s path. Would he stand for this? The girl’s sobbing remained, but they were decreasing in frequency.
"I'm sorry Eylinn..." Eylinn chuckled half-heartedly.

"For what?"
"I wasn't brave. I didn't stand up to him. You had to protect me in my own home. And they'll come for one of us. If not for me, then for you." Eylinn started to stroke Nienna’s hair, trying to reassure her that this would not be the case.

"That's where you're wrong. I'm not brave. But I didn't want him to hurt you either." She turned her head up, to make her look up into her eyes. "And he will never get to you. Ever.” Nienna smiled slightly and wiped the tears from her face.

"Thank you Eylinn... For everything. Look, I don't know what is going on here, but I want you to know that I'll always do my best to help you. Just say the word." Eylinn smiled.
"I won't be going to the Pale. If Ra'Gru spoke true..." She went dead-pan. "I need to know." Nienna looked worried.

"Are you sure the priests can't help your men? I've heard of Vlad, and he seems about as evil as a person can be. Without serving the Dark One I suppose.” Eylinn’s face turned sombre. No priest could ever help her. This was her only chance, and she was not about to let it pass.
“I'll be fine." She looked closely into Nienna's eyes, feeling the need to clear things out. "You kissed me. Why?" The girl’s face turned red, avoiding her gaze.

"I... I don't know..."
"I love Freyr... By all my heart..." Nienna nodded, still as red as an apple.

"I understand that... I don't know what came over me... I've never done anything like that before." Eylinn started thinking of Wilhelm and Gilbert, how natural it had been for them. The grief she had seen, but also the joy... She stroke Nienna’s hair behind her ear.
"I've seen many things during my travels. Some were weird, some were evil, and some were just love." She smiled. "Don't feel ashamed for being who you are, or the people you desire, whoever they may be. Ever." Nienna looked across the room, seemingly filled with sorrow.

"I'm sorry Eylinn." Trying to cheer her up, Eylinn leaned in closer and gleefully whispered into her ear.
"With lips like those, you could snare whoever you'd want. Boy or girl." It seemed to have worked. The girlish smile reappeared on her face.

"You know, you started it." It would seem so, she knew that. Filled with feelings of guilt and shame, Eylinn turned distant. She was her friend. Not her meal. Yet the hunger had been so strong, she couldn’t resist. She hadn’t been herself. She wasn’t even attracted to women.
"I was just checking the pulse. I was afraid the shock from having make-up spilt over your bed would kill you." Nienna giggled.

"Oh, good to know you care enough to check." Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to cheer up Eylinn.
"So... How does one do now? I've never had a friend before, least of all kissed one." Nienna seemed confused by her question, parrying it with a nervous laugh.

"I don't exactly make a habit of kissing female friends who are betrothed. But I'm not sure. I can't imagine telling anyone would help anything, though Freyr might appreciate the thought of us..." She grinned. Eylinn giggled.
"What man wouldn't?" Setting the indecent jokes aside, she still needed an answer. "So... We can still be friends? You won't get mad at me? Feel bad if I come visit?" She felt anxious over the answer, but Nienna only smiled reassuringly.

"I couldn't get mad at you Eylinn, and I still want us to be friends. If that's what you want too, then it's settled." Eylinn stroke her cheek, keeping her head close to her chest.
"Thank you..." Nienna looked peaceful, content with her touch and being where she was.

"No, thank you Eylinn. We may not have been friends for long, but you are my best friend by far. I want to lose that as little as you do." She closed her eyes. Best friends? A future husband? People that cared for and loved her? She had ended up so lucky. She looked down at the girl, and a smile cracked over her face. She wondered how she could make her feel so good. And her smell. She looked down her neck again, moving her hand from her cheek to brush away the hair.

The thin protruding vein was pulsating visibly, and its bluish hue mesmerized her. She moved her fingers to feel at it, caressing the skin of her neck and nipping over it as the pulse slowly increased. Nienna was humming, contentedly. The girl didn’t mind her touch, and she was in her power. Her excitement eased the flow of blood rushing through her.

Eylinn’s breathing became harder, and her own heart raced. The girl stretched her head as she had done before, seeming trying to accommodate to whatever she was doing. The smooth, soft skin under her fingertips, she couldn’t let it go. The hunger returned, and in her mouth, she salivated. Not knowing for how long she sat there, she suddenly woke up, realising what was happening. She panicked and removed her hand.

"I-I-... Need to go. Will you be alright?" Nienna looked up with her kind eyes fixed at hers.
"Yes, I'll be ok. Thank you Eylinn." She helped her stand up, and felt the pain returning after the sweet relief of its absence for a minute or more. Eylinn braved a smile, hoping Nienna had not noticed, or paid too much attention to what had just happened.

"See you at dinner." Eylinn said, moving for the door.
"A chance to grill Fryer and talk with the engaging Alvon. I can't wait."

As she walked through the corridor in a determined pace, her mind took over. If this is what she’d become, ready to bite at the people she cared for, she would have no part of it. If she couldn’t get rid of the disease in time, there was only one option, but Freyr would never agree to do it. She spent the rest of the evening pondering over who among the lords of Light would be brave enough to end her, painlessly and with some dignity. The foul thoughts clouded the evening, and she pushed them out as well as she could. It was too cruel, this world, how it would twist, how it would give, and how it would take...

Eylinn Mindrilla and Nienna Coamenel learns of the content of the Necronomicon.

Last edited:
The Court of Eccelestus

Chancellor: Mathew Wolfe
Spymaster: Justinus Celestian
Marshall: Wilhelm von Saxon
Champion: Atarian Krestarii

Succession Laws: Cognatic-Primogeniture​

Atarian Krestarii shall be going on the quest involving Wallachia

Brancus Aleratis shall be send by Kalare to the quest involving Wallachia

Notification:

As of immediately the Slave Trade pact is voided in Kalare city and its territories.

This is done as new regulations and laws on slavery possession, trade , etc shall be implement soon and Kalare law prohibits, two set of law or convention to exist at the same time on an issue, or the implementation of new laws to replace another without a small period of time from the nullification of the previous one.

The new set of laws shall be announce as soon as the grace period is achieved.

Decree by hiers of Kalare:

Hinata Kalare
Kitai Kalare

authorized by regent:

Snovit Kalare

Urist Bronzefinger, Deagrin Wrothiron's representative in the Golden City, commissioned a range of weapons and armours made of steel infused with silver. These are to be made available for the adventurers assaulting Dracula's castle, so that they can better combat the undead.

The forges of the Dwarven District, along with those in Kogansunan and countless other Dwarven communities, are busily producing silver spearheads, swords, knives and axes for the armies of light. Priests are being called in to bless these weapons before they are sent forward to the front.

6396-1-1195720977.jpg

Nienna excused herself from the feast early, apologizing to Eylinn and her party as she left the table. Despite having some of her favorite foods for the feast she couldn’t taste a thing and her stomach was in knots. Leaving the main hall, Nienna began walking to her room, speeding up to almost a jog as she rounded the corner into the hallway. As she reached her room she pulled the door open just enough to slip inside then immediately closed it and threw the deadbolt.

Nienna, finally having the privacy she wanted, ran over to her bed and immediately climbed under the thick furs that sat atop it. Her head was spinning as she tried to make sense of everything that had happened earlier that day. She had been so happy to hear that Eylinn was going to be stopping in Coal, so eager to talk to her friend, now she laid in her bed and wondered how the day went so unexpectedly.

Nienna pulled the covers close around her as she considered what had happened. She wanted to know what the conversation with Ra'Gru had been about, but she couldn't focus on that. She could still feel the kiss on her lips. Nienna had never been attracted to girls, or Eylinn for that matter, before this point, but now it was all she could think about. She had looked up to Eylinn, at first as an ideal of a young female ruler, but then once she met her and talked with her, as a person. But still, she knew that this was something different. Nienna thought about the kiss, they had been giving each other makeovers, when suddenly Eylinn began acting strange. She hadn’t intended to kiss her, she was stunned didn’t know what to do, but when Eylinn had leaned in, just millimeters from her own lips, she couldn’t help herself. Nienna smiled as she hugged her pillow, it had been a great kiss, at least as good as any kiss she had had with a boy.

But then everything went wrong and Nienna didn’t understand why. Eylinn had started the kiss, or at least almost did, but then she pulled away like she didn’t like it. Then later she acted like it was all her, Nienna was confused, but she understood what it meant. It had been a mistake, Eylinn didn’t feel that way about her, she just wanted to be friends. Nienna thought about that, she wanted to be friends as well, but what she didn’t know was if she wanted more. She cared deeply for Eylinn and had enjoyed the kiss, but she didn’t know what that really meant. What she did know was that she cared about Eylinn and she wasn’t going to jeopardize that for feelings she wasn’t sure of herself. As she began drifting off to sleep she thought that perhaps time would tell what all of this meant

Breakfast in Three Rivers

Anastanii sat down for breakfast, joining her husband. As usual he had not spent the night with her, but instead with another woman.
She greeted him, “Morning, husband,” to which he, not fully awake, gave a response, “Good morning, fair maiden.”
“How was your night, dearest,” she questioned, digging a bit at him, to get the truth. She had heard the rumours about his dalliances, and it hurt.
“Oh, quite… good. You have seen your father’s workload, you know how it is with so much paperwork.” Antonius said with a smile.
Anastanii narrowed her eyes, clearly not fooled at all. “Yes, paperwork can take quite awhile. My brother would often trick me into doing it for him...”
That comment seemed to take Antonius by surprise, and he instantly thinks of his nightly escapades, and then imagine Anastanii with her brother in a definitely not brotherly way. “Uhm, tricked you into doing it for him?”
Anastanii does not seem to know Antonius dirty mind, and simply replies, “My brother is quite a trickster, he likes to plot, and come up with ways to deceive people...”
“Ahh. That sounds like my father. I have heard stories from his youth,” is the comment from Antonius, as his brain pushes the dirty thoughts out.
Anastanii continues, “My father has told me that I am smarter than my brother, but he is much better around people than I am...”
To that Antonius nods. “Sometimes it is like that, I guess. I have been told that I am not really good at anything. So I try to be the best son.”
Anastanii puts on a fake smile, betraying her lack of faith in her husband, “I am sure you will be a great some day.”
5601332-the-duke-eating-the-meal-during-the-feast-servants-set-the-table-middle-ages-medieval-russia-vector-.jpg

There is a short pause between the married couple, before the conversation continues. Antonius does not appear to have noticed the fake smile, and has instead been focusing on the breakfast in front of him.
“But how was your night, wife? Nightmares or pleasant dreams?”
“I had the same dream I have been having for awhile, me alone on an island in the middle of no where...” Anastanii replied, looking a bit sad.
“At least it was better than having nightmares about what happened with the Orc. I am sorry you had to go through such things.”
Anastanii slightly shifts in her seat, uncomfortable with the conversation. “It was quite awhile ago, and what is done is done. He is gone...”
Yet Antonius cannot simply let it rest. “While he is gone, such atrocity cannot easily be forgotten. I promise you, that if I ever meet it, I will cut it, so that it may never again force itelf upon a woman.”
“From what I have heard, he would kill you before you got close... He can apparently vanish and appear out of thin air, and can use great amounts of magic...” Anastanii warns her husband.
“Right now, yes. The Dark promises power in the form of magic. But my father will liberate the light temple, so that we too may have magic again.” Antonius replies, confident in his father’s abilities.
Anastanii sighs, before she replies. “I fear we may not succed... We have already failed twice, and Eylinn has even withdrawn...”
Antonius frowns, “Eylinn should never have been commander of those forces. She lacks the conviction to do what is necessary. That is the reason my father went there, to set things right.”
Anastanii, lacking the courage to really get into a fight with her husband backs down, “Eylinn is a capable comander....” she simply comments.
“Hah, She might be capable, but look at what she did in Hroniden? She is so soft-hearted that she lacks the willingness to do the right thing, even if it is the hard thing. Sometimes a few must die for the greater good, yet she cannot understand this, and that is what makes her unfit for command.”
“Of course...” is the simple reply. “Do you belive a ruler should rule through fear?”
Antonius shakes his head. “Not fear, but respect. Sometimes fear will of course become a part of getting the respect.”
Anastanii understands that, “That is a similar principle to how the Krestarii rule. My grandfather did raze a city to the ground...”
“My father hasn't razed a city, but he has a reputation for knowing everything in our lands, so anyone plotting against him will find themselves brought to justice.” Antonius explains.
Anastanii agrees, “Yes, your father does know everything...” She is very uncomfortable with the conversation, and tries to turn it around. “My lord, we don't know much about each other, should we try to fix that?”
Antonius looks surprised at that suggestion, “Uhm, sure…” Why would you really want to know more about a woman, because as long as you can bed her without it, such a thing is not necessary.
“Well, we do have to spend our lives together... You should go first...” comes from Anastanii
Her husband answers, “So, what would you like to know?”

-----------------------------

At first their conversation is about their favourite foods, but eventually it turns more serious, as Antonius asks her what she is doing with her days.
“I sit and read mostly... I really don't do much, and the smell from all the burnings makes it uncomfortibale to go outside...”
Antonius can only agree to that, “Yeah, I am uncomfortable with those too. But it is necessary. The dark taint is like a disease, and my family knows of only two ways to get rid of it. The most primitive one is through the purifying fires, that which we do right now.”
“And the other one?”
“My mother has the strongest magics of the Celestian bloodline at this time. But it still leaves her greatly weakened to purify the taint using that magic. That is why our magic must be returned, so we can stop the burning and just do the purification using our magic.” Antonius answers truthfully.
“Yes, the return of magic will be most helpful...” Anastanii answers, before the then turns the conversation around. “My lord, what do you want in life?” A pause, before she continues. “I am sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”
Antonius considers for a while, “What any man want, I guess. Happiness, knowing his family is strong and taken care of.”
Hesitantly Anastanii questions, “Do you consider me part of you family?”
“Of course, you are my wife, thus you have become part of the family. Why?”
Anastanii lets out a sigh, “It is just that you do not spend any time with me, and have not joined me in bed since our wedding night...”
“Uhm... You did not seem too comfortable with it. So I figured you'd rather want the peace of solitude, rather than having me, forcing my manly needs upon you.” Antonius says, trying to explain why he has sought the pleasures of the flesh with other women than his wife.
“You are mistaken, I would much prefer company than to be left alone...” the lady explains.
This surprises Antonius, “You would? I thought, with the whole... uhm... thing, that took place just before our wedding, you lacked the interest in a man's presence.”
“I lost my child... I will likely not see him again, I have no idea what my father and brother have done with him, but the best thing I can do is have another in the hope that he will bring some joy back to my life.”
Antonius gives his wife a sad smile, “I am sorry for your loss, but I guess your father and brother did the right thing. But as for your hope, I guess I can offer you my services, my lady.”
As he says this, he gets up from his chair and offers his hand to his young wife. She cautiously takes the hand, and with a small pull she too gets up from her own chair.
As he leads his wife to the bedchambers, he comforts her, “We can try for a child tonight. And if it does not work the first time, I guess we just need to practice, practice and practice more…”

Asad was wondering about Faraj. When he first met him, he had this feeling as if he was guided to Faraj by fate. Asad thought about what he knew about Faraj.

Faraj doesn't know who his actual parents are. He lives with his uncle Alfon (not actually an uncle, more like a father figure he calls uncle.), his (actual) uncle Daryl, Aunt Marceline, and (cousin) sister Kristen. They lived together in Willowick, a village near Whitedragon. The family worked as hunters and blacksmiths. Alfon did most of the blacksmithing for the village, which was mostly repairs and creation of tools. Occasionally, Alfon sold weapons and armor to passing adventurers, who marveled at their impressive quality. The others helped out Alfon and hunted in the vast forests near Willowick.

Whitedragon was the chosen city of Radaru, the dragon deity of the south. What interested Asad, though, was Radaru’s champion, the Dragon Warrior. Specifically, Asad was interested in his family. Most historians cannot agree on who was the Dragon Warrior’s children, but they agree that the Dragon Warrior’s descendants split into 3 families: The Habsids, The Brams, and House Sigurd. Each of these families were once wise, powerful rulers in Tirath, Ecclestius, and Norseland, respectively.

However, 20 years ago, House Sigurd ceased to exist as a massive attack on the capital succeeded and the members of House Sigurd were all murdered. Since then, their territory has been split up by its vassals. A couple months later, the Brams were also wiped out by the same method: A massive attack on the capital and the murder of all the family members. Another two months passed, the Habsids were also wiped out in the same manner.

Now, most people would say that this string of events is just a coincidence and that the families had problems with their vassals. Asad, however, thinks that recent events make this string of events look suspicious. The Dark One might have had something to do with the downfall of these families, but why? Why would you go through the trouble of taking down three powerful families? Did he fear the power of the Dragon Warrior? He wouldn’t know for sure.

Asad then begins to read a scroll over House Habsid. They reigned over Windfall and were a vassal to his father, Zulfaqar. The last ruler was ‘Ismat Habsid II. His known family included his younger brother, Ümit Habsid, and his sisters Parvana and Isra. All of them were murdered during the attack. However, Asad notices that there were a few people that disappeared during the attack. Koray, youngest of the Habsid siblings, had disappeared when the attack happened. Some say that he had been warned of the attack by a messenger, others say he was killed during the attack. ‘Ismat’s son and his master smith, Doruk, also disappeared when the attack happened.

Soon, he thought, I will visit Willowick and see if my suspicions are right. For now though, he wanted to be with his wife, Leyla. Sometimes, the simplest pleasures in life can be the best.

Last edited:
Wilhelm stepped into the hall of Azeratii’s palace. He felt sad and empty, nothing but a husk. Inside were Jutarian and Johanna.

“Hello my friend.” Jutarian called to Wilhelm as he walked in.

“Hello Jutarian.” Wilhelm said as he came up to Johanna. He moved to embrace her while saying, “It has been a long time.”

Johanna hugged him but said, “Wilhelm… it has been little more than a month.”

Wilhelm looked shocked at this and then sad again. “Oh yeah… it feels like thirty.”

“Wilhelm… I am so sorry.” Johanna said.

“He wrote me a letter in ice, ice that will never melt. It is still there now.” Wilhelm said looking at the wall.

Jutarian and Johanna looked at each other confused. Wilhelm looked at them and then remembered that they had not been at the battlefield and thus had not heard about the epitaph. He pulled out a piece of paper with the words of Gilbert written on it. He handed it to Johanna and Jutarian.

“That is sweet.” Johanna said after reading it.

“Do you know who killed him?” Wilhelm asked, then realizing that of course they would not know told them, “It was Kirk von Kirekgard. You know the boy who would always call Gilbert a marchtfritz.”

“I think I remember him being a jerk.” Johanna replied. In the background Jutarian added that he had had his guards beat him up once.

“But anyways, Wilhelm are you okay?” Johanna asked.

“I don’t know anymore…” Wilhelm mumbled. “Everything seems empty and fake. All the smiles I see are all just disgusting charades.”

“Well that is because a lot are, Wilhelm.” Johanna said.

“I don’t remember it that way. I remember when the wheat was golden and people laughed.” Wilhelm sighed.

“Things were never as good as you thought. You and Gilbert were disturbingly happy all the time.” Johanna replied.

“At least the wolves in the forests are still real… I take comfort in that.” Wilhelm said.

“Actually my father replaced them all with cats.” Jutarian joked.

Wilhelm actually slightly chuckled. The first time he had since Gilbert had died. “Your family had always loved those feline devils.”

It was then a cat walked by and Jutarian laughed. “Anastanii liked them the most.” Jutarian said.

“Oh yes. Where is Anastanii anyways?” Wilhelm asked.

“She is married to that hedonist Celestan.” Jutarian said.

“The Whorehunter?” Wilhelm asked.

Jutarian spat, “Yes. And I hear he does not spend many nights with her.”

“Well he is not the only husband I know who doesn’t spend many nights with his wife.” Wilhelm remarked.

“Wilhelm you need to get Navaris pregnant…” Johanna said.

“I know I do, but it is just so hard.” Wilhelm responded. “It would feel wrong after what happened to Gilbert and it also just so… eww.”

“Wilhelm it is your duty. You need to do it or get someone to do it for you.” Johanna said to Wilhelm.

Wilhelm looked at Johanna with a confused expression. “It seems like your time in Azeratii has not been wasted.”

“I have learned the same lessons from Asharian that Jutarian has.” Johanna answered.

“Alright, alright, I will do it.” Wilhelm muttered.

“Wilhelm, we both know you won’t do it.” Jutarian said, patronizingly.

Wilhelm thought for a moment. Then his face lit up and a small grin appeared. Before he could speak Jutarian offered a small comment, “It is never good when Wilhelm comes up with shady ideas before me.”

Wilhelm slightly chuckled and then continued. “Jutarian, you have blond hair and green eyes, just like the rest of your family and ours.”

“Very bad…” Jutarian muttered as Johanna asked Wilhelm why he is bringing it up.

“Well Jutarian you could, you know get with Navaris.” Wilhelm tried to say smoothly.

“Wait what? I mean she is beautiful but…” Jutarian tried to refuse.

“It could work you know! You are really good looking and nobody will suspect anything if the kid looks more like me.” Wilhelm said, excited that he had come up with a scheme.

“But Johanna is my wife…” Jutarian mumbled before Johanna cut him off.

“Jutarian, it has to be done. I don’t like it either, but it makes sense.” Johanna said.

“Okay now that that is settled, are there any news from the east?” Wilhelm asked. He had begun thinking about Gilbert again, seeing him on the ground with a spear in his chest. He felt like he was going to break down, but then he heard Jutarian’s voice.

“Well it seems Count Vlad of Wallachia is a vampire.”

Wilhelm almost jumped into the air with surprise. “WHAT?”

“Yes it appears to be true.” Jutarian said.

“No it can’t be. I’ve known Vlad forever. He is practically an uncle to me.” Wilhelm said with his fists clenched.

“Look they are going on a quest to bring him to justice.”

“Then I am going. There is simply no way that Vlad is a vampire. He is kind and gentlemanly, if a little brutal.” Wilhelm said with determination. Saving Vlad had become a mission for him, something to take his mind off Gilbert and the war. He needed to save the man, he owed him too much to let Eylinn and the others kill him. “Could you go and get the King?”

“Yes, I will go fetch him.” Jutarian said as he stood up and left the room.

When Jutarian left Wilhelm turned to Johanna and asked her, “How has Jutarian been?”

“He has been a good husband.” Johanna said with a slight sigh.

“Has he kept up his ‘habits’?” Wilhelm asked anxiously.

“Yes he has continued to sleep with other women. Not as much as before and we spend most nights together. But still…” Johanna said hesitantly.

Wilhelm looked visibly angry, “Do you want me to talk some sense into him?”

“Oh, no. Wilhelm I can handle it.” Johanna said. “Besides I plenty of reason to be happy.”

“Wait what?” Wilhelm asked.

Johanna rubbed her belly, saying something like, “I’m not sure yet, but I have a feeling.”

Wilhelm face light up with genuine happiness. The first time that he had felt happiness since Gilbert’s death. He smiled and said, “You are pregnant!”

“Yes I am going to be a mother.” Johanna smiled at her brother.

“Yeah, and I will be an uncle. You simply must bring him around Saxon.” Wilhelm excitedly stated.

“Yes of course. The country will be great to visit in order to get away from the bustle of Azeratii and the palace.” Johanna said, feeling very happy to see Wilhelm excited about something.

Wilhelm’s smile gets even bigger as he says, “We can ride horses and go hunting in the forest. Maybe climb some tress and swim in the streams.”
Just then a herald entered the room and called out, “All hail his Royal Majesty King Asharian I” Wilhelm and Johanna then bow as Asharian entered the room.

“Rise my family.” Asharian says, prompting Wilhelm and Johanna to rise. “Jutarian said you wanted to speak with me.”

“Yes, I am sure you have heard of the accusations leveled at Count Vlad of Wallachia.” Wilhelm began.

“Yes, the evidence is quite substantial.” Asharian answered.

“I simply can’t believe it. I have known since I was a child.” Wilhelm persisted.

“I am sure that my brother and Eylinn will get to the bottom of this matter quickly. We shall find out what has happened.” Asharian said calmly.

“I know the castle better than anyplace in the world other than my own. I can be of assistance.” Wilhelm said, feeling determined to come.

“It is not entirely wise for you to risking yourself. Saxon has no heir, and you are my marshall.” Asharian said, slightly worried.

“The advantage of knowing the environment is huge. But I will defer to your wisdom.” Wilhelm said. If Asharian does not let him go, Wilhelm does not know what he would do.

“It is your decision, but this is a dangerous mission.” Asharian warned.

“I understand the danger, but I must know if Vlad is a vampire.” Wilhelm stated.

“Very well but you should rest here for a bit and then met up with my brother.” Asharian said with some thought.

“Yes that is a good idea. It feels like a year since I have slept.” Wilhelm turned and went to his guest chamber. All his anger and sadness had reduced to a dull thud and he felt a burning determination. A determination to prove that Count Vlad of Wallachia was not a vampire, and if he is to somehow bring him back to his old self.

With a job to do, and everyone heading off on quests, Prince Jutarian Krestarii decides to go to Saxon to hunt...

I announce, that my champion, Ragnar the Black, will go on the quest involving Wallachia. At the same time, I grant the castle of Greyskins to my cousin, Ulf the Bear, of the Western Stronghelms, and give him powers to rule it, as my loyal vassal. I order Ulf the Bear Stronghelm, Master of Greyskins, to lead 1000 Northmen to the Basin and assist the allied forces fighting the Dark ones.

- Arnulf the Young, Jarl of Stronghelm

Jutarian Krestarii had come to Saxon province to hunt in the forests of the surrounding area. The province was famous for its excellent hunting grounds and so that provided a perfect excuse for the journey. The real reason was his mission to impregnate the wife of Wilhelm von Saxon, Navaris Kalare. He had spent the day hunting was now talking with Navaris at a table in one of the sitting rooms of Saxon Castle.

“So Jutarian, I am so glad you have come to Saxon. It gets boring sometimes.” Navaris said to the man sitting across from her.

“I have found Saxon to get boring sometimes, but the people here are always great to get along with.” Jutarian responded.

“Yes, something about living in nothing but farmlands and forests breed kind and caring people.” Navaris mused.

“Yet they can be quite fierce. Their wrath is almost as great as a Krestarii’s.” Jutarian said.

“Indeed. They are a strange breed these Saxons.” Navaris said, before asking, “How was the hunting?”

“It was great, killed several deer, even a boar.” Jutarian answered.

“Well that is good. The forests are good for hunting at least.”

“Hunting, not much else.” Jutarian joked. Navaris gave a slight chuckle as she poured some wine.

“Indeed. Will you have some wine?”

“Why thank you my lady. I must say, you are looking wonderful today.” Jutarian says as he is handed his wine.

“Oh thank you. You are looking much finer than me though.”

“Nonsense, you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever met.” Jutarinan insisted.

Navaris blushed deeply, “My thanks your highness. It is not often I am complemented on my looks.”

“Why is that?”

Navaris sighed, “Well I am not really that pretty.”

“Why do you think that? It is not true.” Jutarian said firmly.

“But yes it is… I was always told so as a child, by my sisters. The only one who ever really said differently is my father.” Navaris said sadly.

“Just because someone says something doesn’t mean it’s true. People lie to further their own means. Your sisters are probably just jealous of you.” Jutarian anwered.

“Really? You know you are kind person, Jutarian.” Navaris said.

“Um, well thank you.” Jutarian said, shocked at being called kind. He recovered himself and said, “If I may be so bold, may I enquire into your marriage?”

“Um, it is fine. Wilhelm is often away on his duties as Count.” Navaris responded.

“Yes he is.” Jutarian leaned in and said softly, “He is my best friend. I know a lot about him.”

“Oh I know. It is strange though, he went straight to Azeratii after the battle. He didn’t send a letter or anything. The only way I knew where he went was from the returning army.” Navaris thought aloud.

“Yes. Wilhelm does have quite a lot on his mind…” Jutarian said.

“Did something happen?” Navaris asked getting nervous.

“Gilbert died…”

Navaris looked shocked and hurt. “I can’t believe it…”

“He wrote a love poem to Wilhelm as he died.” Jutarian added.

Navaris had a strange bout of sad laughter. “That sounds like something Gilbert would do. He was quite the romantic.”

“I personally did not like him too much.”

“Really? He was a good man. A little annoying sometimes yes.”

“I had my reasons.” Jutarian answered.

“I am sure.” Navaris responded.

“But it also appears that Wilhelm looked up to a vampire.” Jutarian said.

“What do you mean?” Navaris asked, shocked once again.

“Count Vlad of Wallachia is one. The Lords of Light are sending an investigation team and Wilhelm will be joining them.”

“Oh my. Did Wilhelm know Vlad?” Navaris asked.

“He thought of him as an uncle.”

“Terrible, but back to the discussion at hand.” Navaris said, wanting to be complemented further by the handsome man.

“Despite Wilhelm’s desires, I don’t understand why he does not spend more time with you. You are a great person and you have a great personality.” Jutarian said.

“Yes well he has a job. Ruling a county is hard in this time of war.”

“I do half of my father’s work and still have time to spend with you, and half a kingdom is harder to run than a county.” Jutarian said.

“Perhaps you are right. But you came for the forests not for me.” Navaris said, waiting for a response that would make her feel wanted.

“I came to see Saxon and everything in it, whether it is deer or you.” Jutarian said softly.

Navaris turned a shade of red and said, “Your highness you are too kind. It is getting late. Perhaps we should talk in my bedchamber. We can sit at the table in there.”

“Yes, the halls of Saxon castle can get quite cold at night. It is best to move somewhere warmer.” Jutarian agreed.

Navaris then took Jutarian down the hall to a door a few feet from Wilhelm’s. They had separate bedchambers for convenience, but they often slept in the same room when Wilhelm was there for show. They both went inside and sat at the table.

“Much more pleasant.” Jutarian commented.

“Yes, Wilhelm knows how to decorate a castle.” Navaris stated.

“I am pretty sure I decorated this room actually. It was my second home after all.” Jutarian commented after looking around the room.

“Well you have great taste.” Navaris said.

“Why thank you my lady. I must say what things you have changed have been for the better.” Jutarian complemented.

Navaris leaned on her elbows on the table and said, “You have certainly been great company.”

“Must I go, I was just beginning to enjoy myself?” Jutarian asked playfully.

Navaris grinned, sensing the game. “Why ever would you stay? It is getting so late I was contemplating bed.”

“Well my chambers are quite far away and I don’t want to walk all the way.” Jutarian said.

“Well there is always another way to spend the night…” Navaris implied.

Jutarian stood up and walked behind Navaris. He put his mouth against her ear and whispered, “And what would that be?”

Navaris turned and wrapped her lips around his. They stayed like that for a moment, just kissing. Then Navaris pulled away and said, “Something like this your highness.”

Navaris stood up and kissed Jutarian again moving toward the bed. Jutarian laid on the bed while Navaris slid of her dress to show her naked form. She climbed onto Jutarian and kissed before sliding up so Jutarian could caress her breasts. She moaned slightly when he put a nipple into his mouth and sucked. After about twenty seconds she slid down his body and began unbuttoning his pants. After sliding them down she admired his manhood for a moment before setting to her joyous task.

The next morning Navaris and Jutarian are lying in bed. Navaris looks over at Jutarian, "Good morning Jutarian."

Jutarian smiled at her and then leaned over and kissed her. "Morning Navaris. Last night was wonderful."

"Oh yes it was." Navaris said with a sigh of delight.

"You are quite skilled." Jutarian said.

"Thank you. So were you." Navaris said.

"Well now what? We are both married..." Jutarian asked.

"Well mine will probably be ecstatic." Navaris said.

"Why do you think that? Do you think Wilhelm wants people sleeping with his wife?" Jutarians asked playfully.

Navaris laughed loudly, "Exactly." Then she appeared thoughtful. "I hope he finds a new man soon."

"And I have no doubt he will be the prettiest of us all." Jutarian assured.

Navaris chuckled and said, "I am sure. Do you want some breakfast?"

"Of course." Jutarian said before kissing her again. Then Navaris got up and put on a dress. She then grabbed Jutarian's pants and threw them at him. Then she left the room to go get some breakfast. When she returned Jutarian had fully dressed and he was sitting at the table. So she sat down and they began eating.

"So we don't have to worry about Wilhelm. What about your wife?" Navaris asked.

"Well are we to continue seeing each other?" Jutarian asked.

Navaris felt hurt for a moment, but then reminded herself she shouldn't assume things. "I assumed as such. We don't have to..."

Jutarian took her hand and kissed it. "Would that make you happy? If it does, we should continue seeing each other."

Navaris blushed a deep red. "Yes it would."

"Well then we should continue. I will deal with my wife. There is one last concern however." Jutarian began.

"And what is that?" Navaris asked.

"If, well, you ever..." Jutarian began before being cut off by Navaris, "Ah, get pregnant?"

"Yes, we would have to explain it to Wilhelm." Jutarian said.

"Well he might actually like that. I mean you look a lot like him so it would be easy to pass it off as Wilhelm's." Navaris said.

"That is true, well, then it is settled. We shall be lovers." Jutarian said.

Navaris stood up and sat in Jutarian's lap and kissed him. After a minute Jutarian speaks up, "You should come to Azeratii sometime."

"I should. The city is quite beautiful." Navaris agreed.

"It is and the beds are quite soft." Jutarian joked.

Navaris chuckled slightly, "Yes Gilbert has informed me."

"We must spend some time in one." Jutarian suggested.

"Indeed we must." Navaris said as she leaned in for another kiss.

I accept the proposal of the dwarve to examine the infected etc. I will not however camp near vampires or possible vampire i believe wont be watch zealously enough and so me and my troops are moving camp outside the fortress and citadel away from the main camp until a cure is found or i am assigned to control the prisoners again.

sign Kvothe Kalare

Alfödr had traveled far to reach Coamanel. He was with a party arriving later than Freyr's and Eylinn's party. Upon arrival he heard the news that the plans had changed, the wedding set aside for later and the maiden heading for a quest in Wallachia. Of course Freyr was gonna follow suit.

- "That damned boy" he was growling to himself as he charged trough the Coamanel hallways. He slammed up the door to Eylinn's chambers. "I will see you at the horses, NOW!"
- "B-But I have to..." Freyr tried to speak but was interrupted by Alfödr "NO you have a duty to your men on the front lines. Why should they fight if you don't fight with them?"

Alfödr's presence was enormous and threatening. Freyr tried to stand his ground but Alfödr gave him a look as if he was gonna cut him down and just continued "NOW!"

- "M-Milord! Don't be angry with him. It's my fault." Eylinn tried to defend Freyr but Alfödr silenced her with an angry glare as Freyr left the room. He closed the door after Freyr with the words "I will join you after I've talked with your Fiancee"

As he turned around, Alfödr was back to his old normal self, perfectly calm and controlled.

- "I am sorry Therain, but it is the only way for me to get him to leave your side." He sat himself down next to her but he could notice she was not happy with him.
- "I really don't need that kind of tension right now. I've made no attempt to hide my dependency on him lately. It's not fair to treat him thus for my needs sake."
- "I know, I am sorry, I really am and it hurts me to take him away from you and he will hate me for it if anything happens to you." His voice was more calming, as if a father was talking to his child.
- "It's fine... The concern would be mutual" she said as she looked down on his weapons that he wore inside a foreign castle filled with people. He didn't pay attention and just continued.
- "But he is naive and selfish, he would sacrifice his life for you, but to what end? Leave you mourning for hundreds of years? You elves live so much longer, the pain he would cause... I can't let my daughter-in-law bear that pain!" He embraced her, as a father protecting his young. She leaned her head deep into his shoulder.
- "I..." she flinched, followed by a cough.
- "I know too well the feeling of loosing everything dear to me, I will not let that happen to you." he stroked her hair "If anything does happen to you, I will not rest until you are back to Freyr, you hear me? If I so have to force the Dark One himself, I will."
- "Why are you being so nice to me? I don't deserve this..." she grabbed at his fur pelt "Why? One wonderful day you will be my daughter, do I need a reason?"
- "What if you... Or him... I'm..." she pulled harder on his coat for each word then sighed "This whole situation is just so morbid. Blocked in the West, Darkness creeping into the realm with its putrid roots... And all I can do is think of myself, and what I feel. I am not even going to try imagining what you think of me."
- "I think that you care, that is why you think like that. There is nothing bad about that. Luckily you have an old fart like me to make sure my son doesn't do anything stupid."

He stood up, ready to leave.

- "Don't worry, even if he's not there, he will always protect you." From behind his back a young Nord girl had appeared like the sparrow that Freyr showed her. The girl reminisced a lot of Freyr and Alfödr, she was leaning on his shoulder. Smiling. Eylinn couldn't help but smile her self, a warm comforting feeling filled the room.

- "Is she happy? Does she even know she's here? From the other side, I mean."
- "Yes, I believe so. I am not that skilled yet, so far I can only feel the surface of her emotions. But I do believe she knows." He didn't look back at the girl. A small part of him thought that looking at her again would just make that night come real again... He continued "And Freyr will never let you walk alone, I can promise you that."
- "I guess now he has to."

But Alfödr had the same boyish smile now that Eylinn usually saw on Freyr, the smile that said everything was gonna be alright. She looked down on the floor.

- "My power does not only stretch to others souls..."

She opened her mouth to respond but he was gone. Leaving only his warm comforting presence.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Later outside Coamanel

- "FATHER! YOU BAS...." he was interrupted by his father "I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE BOY!"

Freyr was breathing heavily, almost ready to draw his sword at his father.

- "You have an obligation to your army, your future wife can take care of herself."
- "If so anything happens to her I swear I will.." He was interrupted again. "You swear what? Take out your revenge on me? It is not I who you shall be angry with. It is the piece of shit that gave her that bite."

Freyr stared with a questioning expression.

- "H-How did you know?" Freyr was afraid of what his father might do now that he knows. "I could smell it on her, you should have too. She is now tainted to the very core of her soul."
- "But then you know I must help her!" His father gave him an angry glare "So my only heir can get bitten too? I don't think so. I will not give her my son until she is cured."

Freyr hated him for what he said. He thought of his father as the most horrible person ever for that. What he didn't know was that every word he said pained Alfödr more than he could imagine, but he did because he had to.

Pirates Raided off the Misr Coast
((Overdue Diplo Update))
ic

Sultan Saladin, the supreme ruler of Hroniden, commissioned a fleet to journey south in order to discover new lands. Though no new lands were found over the summer, a fleet of pirates were discovered, boarded and their illicit cargo liberated.
Prestige Maintained!
15 Gold Earned!