• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dwarven_march_by_Stormcrow135.jpg

The night after the Battle of Faltering Light, the armies of the Lords of Light made camp. The Dwarves had been in the reserve, and spared most of the fighting. When dark magic routed the other contingents, the Mahakam and Deagrin Dwarves had formed a rearguard. Dwarves by nature were more resilient in the face of magical attacks on their will. Deagrin Wrothiron and his Sworn Shields insisted on staying close to Eylinn. Though sorely pressed, their armor had spared them any casualties. When Eylinn Mindrella was injured, Wrothiron hoisted her slight weight over his shoulder and sounded the retreat.

The forces of darkness pressed upon the fleeing army of light. For all their stoutness, the rearguard might well have been overrun. They were faced with one of the most challenging things for any army to do, retreat in good order in the face of the enemy. Thankfully they were not alone. As the initial surge of panic began to pass, the Armies of Light began to rally around their Lords, captains, and heroes. They turned and fought, with volleys of arrows and sorties of exhausted cavalry. The day was lost, but the enemy was sufficiently discouraged not to pursue. The route became something closer to an organized march.

With night falling, the army came upon the remains of some sort of settlement. No one had to give the order to stop and rest. Some simply fell to the ground and slept. But there was enough discipline and order now in the army for a proper camp to be made, with watches posted and tents raised for the wounded. Cook fires were lit as the soldiers recovered enough to discover their appetite. From the Dwarf camps came the melancholy sound of dirges played on goblin-flutes, mourning for the fallen.

Deagrin Wrothiron sat by the fire near Eylinn's sick tent. He had spoken very little since the battle, and that little very terse and direct. He looked into the fire with his one good eye. With their chosen leader unconscious, the other Lords of Light and their representatives congregated near the sick tents to discuss their next moves.

The Basin of Broken Dreams​

She looked down the blade, aiming it against Alvon who stood ready to parry. A pearl of sweat was running down her nose, falling off its tip. Her entire body focused for the next move, she moved her leg into position, assured the balance was just right. She softened her knees, pulled the sword down, and launched herself at him. With a wide motion, he had deflected her move, and she used it to her advantage, going past him, and sent the edge flying in an upwards spiral towards his armpit. She stopped. One could never have imagined only two seconds had passed.

“Again.” Alvon commanded.
“No, I’ve had enough for today.” Eylinn had increased the intensity of her training, trying to find the solace from combat to escape her chaotic mind. Ever since the last reinforcements had linked up in Hroniden, that being the Deagrin army, less time had been spent arguing over logistics and strategy with the other commanders, and more time had been spent with Freyr.

Her feelings were torn. One part of her appreciated the diligence of his courting where he actively took the time to learn more about her, even though she had too many secrets and reservations to openly share everything with him. She felt cornered, but still flattered, and he was nothing but a good man. The awkwardness had slowly melted away, and the genuine excitement and happiness she felt about meeting him every day for the past two months was scaring the living daylights out of her. She cared for him, but had no idea if she actually had feelings for him. She pulled her bow from her shoulder, sending an arrow towards a tree, severing a twig. “I need to bathe.”

The army of Light distrusted the water in the Wilds. One could never know of what lie tainted therein, so most of their reserves were brought from the scarce sources found in the eastern desert. This refused the Green Chasm armies need for hygiene, and ablution had to be limited for a weekly basis. The smell of themselves, and that of their peers, was tearing on moral.

Scouts had reported the Basin was only a day’s ride away, but also brought more troubling news. Movement was coming from the north, and it was not benign. Eylinn had felt it days before, the impurity sending sinister pulses from afar and destabilizing her Light, but in no way could she imagine the opposing force measuring that of their own. A battle was inevitable, and she would not have her men fight unclean. They deserved much better. That evening, the water barrels were uncorked. Joyous singing escalated from the camp as the filth was washed away.

Eylinn didn’t take hers until after the tactical briefing had finished, finally able to settle a course of action with the other lords where the centre would withhold the initial deluge, and let the skirmishers and what little magic users they had at their disposal thin the Dark One’s forces out before outflanking them. She meditated under the water. “I can’t tell him tonight, not right before the battle. What the hell am I to do?” She let out a range of profanities in a whisper under the surface before ascending, taking another deep breath only to continue her submerged tirade. “Maybe it would just be easier to break it off. Spare us both the pain.” But why did she smile every time she thought of him? It made no sense, and she was not going to brood over it any further. She simply wasn’t ready. Her mind had been right, as much as it pained her to admit it.

The sun had risen and vanished when the army arrived at the temple. The slaves of Darkness had just arrived, and only had time to assemble in position without being able to fortify. After a short deliberation, Eylinn assumed they would try to take the initiative, and that the plan they had already set up was to be maintained.

She stood in the second line by the shield-wall when the forces of Darkness started to move, a gigantic host, but only slightly larger than her own. Wrothiron, the Dwarf, had insisted on standing close to her during the battle. She did not ask why, for she was in no mood to get into another discussion with another commander. She turned to Alvon to wave him off.

“When we charge, you bring the cavalry around the flank. Lead the infantry further to close their rear. We need to split and pocket them fast while we have the momentum.”
“Yes, Therain.” He sneered. “I’ll give them a good sharp greeting for you.” She urged him away with a nod. The thrill was enveloping her, and every cell was set at ease. Complete focus. No distractions, no fear. The hard thumps from the enemy’s march made the ground tremble, and she readied her bow.

“First mark.” She said, looking as they passed the first landmark in the field. She drew her bow and aimed for the sky. With a slight touch with her fingers against the arrowhead, it was set ablaze. She let it go, and only a moment after, it was joined by thousands upon thousands of projectiles in a combined volley. It hailed over the enemy ranks in a violent display of blood and the singing of armours pierced, yet, she didn’t see anyone fall.

Another volley was launched at the forces of Dark, and it seemed to yield the same meagre results. “What is going on...? That kind of firepower should have taken a regiment out.” She drew her sword, signalling to the troops.

“Guard!” Moving as one, the frontline thrust their shields into the ground, aiming their spears at the ready. With her blade still in her hand, Eylinn kept pulling her bow, sending her every arrow at the heads of the enemies in range until the quiver was empty. White, phosphorous light were falling over the armies of Darkness, originating from what few mages she had found during the march to the Basin. The few spells that actually stuck set the soldiers ablaze, and melted them to ashes within seconds. The point of no return was there. They charged.

With a terrible roar of steel, the enemy clashed with spears or shields. The second line was poking through the small gaps their comrades had left for them, and cleared whatever kill they could claim. They had successfully held the centre; now all they needed to do was drive them back.
“Lunge!” With overpowering strength, the first line pushed their shield up, and the second line, including Eylinn, moved under them, chopping and slashing at their stunned foes. Swift as a cobra, she managed to stab through the joints of two men before returning behind the guard, and with that, the armies of Light had gained another three feet. They had startled the enemy with their firm stance, and they were starting to waiver, all the while covering from a rain of arrows from above. Eylinn pulled out her hand, concentrating as hard as she could, and a small fiery dart eloped from her fingers, and spread a singe directly in front of her own group.

With the enemy further demoralized, it was now their turn to charge, only raising their feet to climb over the hundreds of corpses that had started to pile up on the ground. Pikes steady as a forest, and with a powerful thrusting at the end shattered them. She sneaked through the chaotic front, moving ahead, to the side, sending far larger foes down by aiming at their weak spots. Her shirt was soaked in blood, and it started to stick against her skin, yet she did not mind. Alvon and Kamal on the right flank was beginning their manoeuvre, and it felt like the day might be won. The armies of Dark tried to cover a short withdrawal with a hail of arrows of their own to increase the space, and Eylinn’s position was forced to a stand rather than pursuit.

That’s when she saw it. Right before committing to a full charge, a large, ominous mist was forming in front of their eyes. Her Light grew weary, and the panic was spreading amongst her men. It rolled over their ranks, and as Eylinn inhaled whatever magic this was, the world was filled with hissing voices and agonizing wailing. Suddenly, she could hear Freyr’s voice, right behind her.

“You make me sick.” She turned around, but he was not there. “Your face, your hair, that ridiculous smile.”
“Wha... What? Where are you?”

“You look ridiculous. Wielding that sword like a fishwife would gut a salmon. Your constant self-pity and your impudent narrow-minded ideals... It’s almost embarrassing just being around you.” Tears started forming in her eyes as the scornful words of her betrothed hit her, one by one.
“No... Please don’t do this! I thought you...”

“I deserve better. Just look at you. This hardly could come as a surprise. You think you’re so important, it’s enough to make one hurl.”
“Why are you being so mean?!” She cried.

“I’m breaking the betrothal. I never want to see you again.”
“No! Don’t leave me! I’m sorry!” She had dropped her sword, still trying to find the source of his voice, but it was nowhere to be found. She looked around, seeing her soldiers on their knees or on their feet, or running about in tormented spastic motions, all trying to cover their ears. It was the magic they had just seen. That terrible, dark mist. In its wake came the second shock. As heavy cavalry was steaming towards them, Eylinn picked up her blade and only narrowly parried a mace coming her way. The sheer force of the horseman’s swing threw her to the ground, and while lying there, she saw row after row fall lifeless to the ground. Wrothiron had just barely escaped, but some of his sworn shields had not been so lucky. The seventh line of defence came rushing towards the centre to counter the cavalry’s stampede, but it was too late. The line was broken.

She stood up, looking over the horizon as the army encroached. Qylan stood tall in the distance, looking down at the mayhem. Where normal men would only see the shadow of a figure on the hill, Eylinn saw it clear as day. She was looking into his yellow slit eyes, fixed at her own blue. She cracked, pleading as she gazed upon him.

“Please...” She formed the word with her mouth, but did not speak it, for she knew he couldn’t hear. Hoping to catch a glimpse of his former proud and warm stare, she only found cold and pain. He steered his lips into a mocking smile, then raised his sword to the sky. A deep roar spread across the field. Her own dead was standing again, and Eylinn was paralyzed with fear. The disgusting smell ran rank, seething into all her senses. The crack of his shin bone gave him away. She turned around, and one of the Deagrin sworn shields swiped at her with his giant axe.

She bent herself backwards in almost ninety degrees to dodge the swing. She struggled to regain her balance, and when she did, she barely parried his next move, forcing his weapon into another angle. She tried to hit him, but it was too late. He had already regained his posture, and hit her over the head with the flat side of the double edged axe.

She lost all sight in a blur, and her ears started ringing. Eylinn was on her knees, bleeding heavily from her wound, as the world was spinning with no end in sight. The nausea engulfed her, and she threw up. She could no longer measure the distance between her head and the ground, and not all the adrenaline in the world could relieve the pain. The Dwarf readied his axe, aiming to take her head in a final blow. Her body shook. But as she waited for the inevitable, another Dwarf appeared, though she could only see the faint colours of him at this point. All went dark, and she landed with her face into a pool of her own blood and vomit, no longer awake.

Was this death? No sound, no sight, no light. She was all alone, unable to move or even think. It wasn’t cold, and especially not warm. She felt no pain, no hunger, no yearning whatsoever. It was just black. Her dreamless dream of nothing in particular spread across the void. A second glance revealed an ocean of red and blue stars forming in little clusters way into the distance. Her head was pounding, a pulsating pain. The nausea... Her vision was slowly returning.

“Where am I?” She looked around but everything was but a haze. Barely able to distinguish the textures of the world, her eyes fixed at a boy sitting on a chair at her side. He woke up.
“Therain? You’re safe.” The tent was empty but from Freyr. Her head was spinning, but it was slowing down. He struggled to sit up, still holding his sword in his hand. Was he going to put her out of her misery? The words of Qylan’s spell kept echoing through her head. She looked away.

“What happened? Did we win?”
"No, it was too much. The archmage was waiting for us, and the Dark One’s minions kept circling your position." Eylinn braved an attempt to raise her head from the pillow to get a clearer view. She groaned. A flashing pain seared through her brain.

"How long was I gone? And why are you armed?" She was expecting the worst. His doubts, his regrets. It was too much. The Dark One’s magic was too cruel. First in the seeing stone, now in the field. Was she now going to lose Freyr too? She wished he’d just sink his sword into her chest and end it. There was nothing left for her in this world to live for.
"You've been asleep for three days, Therain." He looked down on his sword, and then on the entrance to the tent. His face was still covered in dirt and blood from the battlefield. "I've been making sure you got your rest." Three days. He had spent three days by her side. She looked at him with eyes filled with sorrow. He leaned back on his chair, his body too weak to keep him up. “How are you faring?” He asked with a smile. She couldn’t help it. The tears would not stop flowing. She started to sob heavily, losing all control. With almost impossible strength, she grabbed him by the collar, and pulled him in for a kiss. Her lips were wet, and the salty taste was only countered by the sweet sensation of his mouth against hers. She grabbed the back of his head, pulling herself up towards him, and rested her head on his shoulder.

“I love you!” She cried; no longer brave enough to hide it.
"My Elven emerald... I love you from the bottom of my heart." He moved his head and pressed his lips against hers again, his eyes breaking as well. She pulled him even harder in an embrace, her fingers reaching out to cling to his hair.

"Don't leave me! Please, don't ever leave me!"
"I never will.” He whispered. “I will follow you to the depths of the abyss if I have to."

"I love you!"

Last edited:
Gilbert and Wilhelm were riding with their army to reinforce the united forces. The deserts of Hroniden were an unfamiliar and harsh place for the Saxons. They were used to much colder temperatures. Gilbert turned to Wilhelm and looked at the determined look on his face. Wilhelm was dreaming about avenging his father and destroying his enemies. Gilbert frowned but then had an idea.

"So I heard that there is a river nearby." Gilbert said to the man riding next to him.

"Yes there is. The army will reach it tomorrow." Wilhelm answered.

"Perhaps we should go swimming?" Gilbert suggested. "We haven't swam since we were young."

Wilhelm thought about it for a second. "I guess we can." Wilhelm turned to Sir Leopold von Stockholm, "Keep the army on the march." With that Wilhelm and Gilbert rode to the river.

Wilhelm pulled off his last remaining clothes and looked over at where he thought Gilbert was. When he looked though he couldn't find him. Where the hell did he go?

"CANNONBALL!" The great scream filled the air, just before a giant splash hit Wilhelm.

"What was that for?" Wilhelm asked.

"What, you were going to get wet one way or another. Come on!" Gilbert used his hands to splash Wilhelm again. "Oh I'm going to get you." Wilhelm mumbled as he jumped into the water.

Wilhelm emerged from the water next to Gilbert and grabbed him. Wilhelm pulled him down and dunked his head into the water. Gilbert pushed Wilhelm off and jumped up.

"Oh you are going down!" Gilbert yelled and jumped on Wilhelm.

They rolled around in the water for about 15 minutes when Wilhelm finally surrendered. So they paddled around for a bit and dove down into the water.

"I suppose we should get dressed and head back." Wilhelm said.

"Nope." Gilbert responded.

"Wait, what?"

"I want a kiss first." Gilbert grinned.

"You are such a child." Wilhelm said before softly kissing him and then pulling him out of the water. "Put on your clothes."

On the ride back to the army Wilhelm remembered playing in the river by Castle von Saxon. It was the group, Wilhelm, Gilbert, Jutarian, and Johanna. An interesting group, they were. Especially now that they were in relationships with each other. Wilhelm was the leader of the group. Gilbert was the overactive hooligan, Jutarian was the calm and careful guy, and Johanna was the quiet one. They would always run around the castle or go swimming or play in the wheat fields. Gilbert and Jutarian would always end up arguing. It was kind of cute. Of course, the cutest part was Gilbert, but the point remains. Jutarian and Gilbert had always been opposites and so it wasn't surprising when they had opposite magic.

Wilhelm looked at the usually excited man, who was now lost in thought. He may be annoying sometimes, but he is really the best thing I have ever had in my life. Even Jutarian was never as close to me as Gilbert. I always thought I was such a horrible person for liking him in that way. When he confessed his feelings it was the best day of my life.

"Gilbert, are you ready to defeat the Darkness?" Wilhelm asked him.

"Of course I am!" Gilbert yelled and give Wilhelm a thumbs up sign and a grin. Wilhelm grinned back and spurred his horse.

"Race you back to the camp!" Wilhelm yelled back.

"Oh you cheater!" Gilbert called as he tried to catch up.

First Harvest and Dragoon

With the battle for the Light Basin lost, the early days of First Harvest are filled with discussing strategy among the Lords of Light as the daunting task of cleansing the Basin stands before them. Qylan's army remains in full control of the Basin and promises to make it a challenge for the Lords of Light to bring the full power of the Light into Agorath.

Meanwhile, a caravan from the Golden City has arrived in Kalare City, where the Jarl Kalare, recovering from his wounds from the Battle of Honey Hall receives a King's Crown and proclaimed the King of Norseland! May his reign be blessed. All of Norseland is now the dejure vassal of King Kvothe of Kalare. Norse players may swear fealty or not, at their own peril.

A similar caravan arrives in Azeratti with a King's Crown for Duke Asharian of Krestarii. and a note from Lord-Commander Westelli, reminding the new king that the Golden City and its surrounding shires are now ruled by the council of Lords of Light. All of Ecclestius' Houses are dejure vassals of King Asharian of Krestarii and must claim fealty to him or face certain peril. Long live the King!

Despite the crowing of the new kings, this is a time of mounting peril. The forces of the Dark seem to be growing stronger every day and the people look toward their new Kings to make things right.

((Thus a new turn begins! Deadline for orders are next Thursday, 12 pm eastern))

Last edited:
An Adventurers Guide to Questing
by
Ser Hansel Von Lichtenstien
Champion of Three Rivers
Year 565, Age of Empire

Before venturing out to earn fame and fortune on the road, it is a good idea to keep a few things in mind lest you find yourself in a bad predicament costing you life and limb.

Think Locally!
Is there a danger that is threatening your home province? A hazard that your lord is struggling to deal with, such as an Ent attack, a corpus outbreak, or peasant revolt? Well at the root of these hazards is often one great beast or bandit, and a party of champions can earn gold and renown as well as make a province safe with one victorious quest. There are greater forces at work in Agorath, but such troubles are above our pay grade. Let the Creator worry about such troubles and let us Swornswords deal with the local dangers that effect our homes. ((provinces facing hazards can be made safe by performing a quest. Leave the world altering quests up to me, but a quest to deal with local bandits and threats are fair game))

Prepare for Baddies!
Like mentioned earlier, what's a quest without one big monster or overgrown bandit behind the whole thing. The most exciting quests a champion can venture out on, are the ones that bring him head to head with a boss battle. It is quests such as these that earn the most praise in taverns across Agorath. ((Boss battles! Nothing finishes off a quest like a boss battle in the Quest ICs!))

Choose your Companions Wisely!
Proclaiming a dangerous quest to the heroes of Agorath will surely draw a crowd of Swornswords to venture out by your side. But how well do you really know these champions? It is best that you converse with their lords and get to know their personalities before you venture out. After all, the roads are long and you want to know that those in your party will have your back when trouble finds you. ((work with other players when writing dialogue in your Quest ICs - if you're not sure keep their dialogue and actions general. Keep in mind that the champions are created by your fellow players, and as such you should respect their creations.))

Pray to the Creator
Get blessings at the Temple of Light, anything you need to help your chances in the coming quest. ((should read pray to the dice gods. I will pm you the result of the rolls that you can then copy and paste on the end of your quest. But as far as what leads you to the result of the rolls is limited only by your imagination.))​

((Kings be warned. Just because you have gained a crown, does not mean your vassals or rivals won't plot or make war to steal it. Awarding a council position to your underlings may buy you the loyalty needed to stave off revolt, but you may find it is difficult to keep everyone happy.

Remember, I need a post of your court for my reference, as well as for players. Whenever you make changes to it, you may edit the post at your will, but notify us all in a new post that you have done so. Your court should look something like this:

The Royal Court of King Astwulf The Bear of LoneMountain

tribal-celtic-tattoos_2202_430452

Lord of Norseland and Her Colonies
Keeper of Light
and
Protector of the Realm

Laws of Succession
Primogeniture

Royal Heir
Astwulfson of LoneMountain

King's Council

Marshal
Jarl Snowmane of Banecliff

Chancellor
Arl Hawkeye of Kalare

Spymaster
UnderKing Swiftfoot of Undermountain

King's Champion
Thane Gidred of Westcliffe

A letter is sent to Azeratii City,

"To his Majesty, King Asharian of Ecclestius,

House Celestian will pledge their allegiance to house Krestarii. If his Majesty is willing, Three Rivers would offer to conduct the ceremony as part of the wedding ceremony to forge lasting bonds between our two families.

Justinus Celestian, Duke of Three Rivers"

Second of First Harvest, Golden City...

"Are you men, or are you Geese?" Hollered the Dwarven Master-at-arms over the clash of blunted blades. The lads, some as young as fourteen, fixed their cross gazes upon the grizzled old soldier as he walked among their sparring. "No, no no! Move your legs! It won't do to just swing your arms, you need to get your legs into it!" The soldiers in training grunted their excursions, cried out as blunted blades broke their fingers, smacked their chests, and bruised their muscles. Gerald of Westelli watched from the sideline, drinking his morning tea. "I say again, are you men, or are you geese?!"

"We are men!" Shouted a red-faced lad, his mouth twisted in rage.

"Your are men, oh excuse me, please!" Said the Master, holding up his hands in a mocking sign of parlay. The old Dwarve raised a blunted blade of his own and came at his student, easily turning aside the boy's defenses and sending him to hug the dirt. "Then why do you peck like a goose?!"

Gerald sighed. The news he had heard from the west wasn't good. The battle had gone ill and the Basin was still held by the scourge. What were they thinking, putting a girl in charge, the fools! Gerald had regretted not attending the feast in Azeratti. He wanted to fuck that elf-girl, but follow her commands? It made him laugh. So many competent commanders were passed up for the girl. Sultan Saladin, UnderKing Wrothiron, Duke Willhelm, and Jarl Alfodr just to name a few. He sipped his hot tea as more of the soldiers cried like babes before the onslaught of their Dwarven Master-at-arms. It would be fall before these lads were ready to march.

The Golden Army is in Training!

4th of First Seed, Near the Ecclestius/Hroniden Border....

The tavern was full to bursting with the officers of Jacob's mercenary army. They sang and drank, brawled and danced. Talk was heavy of new kings, and a demon-spawn, the son of Ra'Gru, being born to King Asharian's daughter, and of the growing power of the Dark Lords and their armies marching west to join their fallen masters. The roads had become a hazardous place, bloodthirsty wolves roamed the countryside and it was establishments like this the bared the blunt of it. With people afraid to travel, rumours of horrors in the west, taverns such as this saw their clientele dry up. Pressing a mug of ale to his lips, Jacob was all too happy to bring some relief to the struggling inkeeper and fill it with songs and rumours of the outside world.

Heavy Axe grunted. The mercenary captain set down his mug after a long drink, preparing for yet another scolding from the barbarian king. But it didn't come. Just a sneer on the face of the olive skinned chieftain. "We've been over this," said Jacob, "and I am done talking about it."

"You seen what was coming," said Heavy Axe in a slow, halting speech. Jacob was impressed at how fast the barbarian was learning the common-tongue. "The Great Serpent gave you the dream as He did me. Your eyes know. Why? Why stay here and not march?"

Jacob met the eyes of the barbarian. The vision of Darkness spreading out from the Golden City flashing through his mind. "We saw what would befall Agorath should Qylan have succeeded in the Assembly. We stopped him." Jacob raised his mug of ale. "We're heroes."

"Hero? And here we sit. Such lazy heroes."

"Lazy?" grinned Jacob. "I would say opportunistic. My drunkard father used to say; If you're good at something, never do it for free." Jacob pulled a serving wench into his lap. "And I don't plan to."

1310278444_181045.jpg

Captain Jacob camps along the Hroniden/Ecclestius Border with 5000 Men
Offers to join the Fight for the Light Basin for 50 Chests of Gold

Last edited:
The Unholy prisoner

As i was being dragged though the camp everyone seemed to lick their own wounds, quite sad actually, not one of them seemed to be able to defend for themselves. Perhaps if they had another 10 nurses they would be able to comfort everyone, or perhaps they should start letting the noble ladies come out and let them bandage the wounds, that would be quite a sight. I got dragged past the Eylinns tent and could instantly see that she had improved upon herself, actually getting the job of being lord commander, who would have thought that an elf would be leading against an elf. As we finally got there they put me into a stockade, to await my faith.

I heard I door open, the guards started to leave and a chair got lifted over, Eylinn sat down and looked at me through the bars. I looked back at her, she looked like she hadn’t slept for 3 days.

“I know you are in there” Eylinn said, looking at me without changing emotion.

With a short smile i responded to her “And here i hoped no one would find out, and i could slip quietly into the night”

“What have you done to the boy? Simple trickery, or is it actually you?”

Confused I looked at her asking “What boy?”

"Don't take me for a fool. I may never have seen your face, but you were twice his size."

“Oh that” I said while looking down on my human shape, “I wouldn’t call it simple trickery”

As Eylinn closed her eyes, and groaned from the pains of her wounds. I looked at her with a bit confusion as if it was that easy to take out the commander. “Did it hurt?”

"Yes." she lightly touched her bandage but refrained from rubbing it "An impure spell raised one our soldiers from the dead. I was caught off guard."
"Was that why a Dwarf was carrying you?, i must admit it was an interesting sight"

She tried to study me "I didn't feel you there. Maybe because they were so many. I thought you would had rode with Qylan, not fight in the vanguard."

I started to laugh "Soldiers never look up do they, and no i did not fight or ride with Qylan"

Eylinn kept her hand at the bandage, and she gave him a concerned expression "It's you, isn't it? You're no longer Orc, nor man. His taint is practically oozing from you."

"Not his taint, nor his gift. An unlucky side effect of an experiment"

Her eyes turned empathic "Did it hurt?"

I looked over at her “No, as my soul left my body it didnt hurt at all, it just felt differently. I did get a bit of a shock, 6 people around me died however”

Eylinn turned her eyes down, opening her mouth to speak, but kept silent. She looked at him again "What are you doing here, Ra'Gru? Here to taunt me over our defeat? Tell me how'd you ever get in league with such sinister arts? Was it before or after you set my people free to win my trust?"

"Before, why do you think i knew where the source of the plague was, why do you think i knew how to behead the necromancer"

Her eyes sought to pierce mine "How did he turn you? How can I bring you back?"

"I dont know" He looked at her and opened his eyes revealing his blue eyes as cold as ice "It wasnt hard for him to convert me i think, he saw right into me. He knew what i wanted but sadly i dont think he can provide that anymore, i dont think he ever could"

"I do not know what that... Thing... Could ever offer anyone." Eylinn looked nausiated "All he ever tried to do was torment my mind."

"Well he coudnt really offer anything, but his servants could. There was one i wanted to protect above anything else which he and Qylan could help with"

She bit her lower lip "So you did really love her?"

I just nodded.

“I never knew that feeling..." she smiled "...until recently. I guess it could drive anyone to drastic means."

"Recently?" I asked curiously.

"I'm engaged." she made a playful grimace.

“To whom?" A smile appeared on my lips.

She looked hesitant for a moment, but spoke anyway "Alfödr's son. Freyr."

I started to laugh "Of all the people you picked a Nord"

She shrugged "The heart has its own set of ambitions and principles it seems, but I guess I wouldn't need to tell you that."

I smiled to her "No i guess you don’t. And that would explain why you seem more confident"

She smiled "It wasn't easy." she looked down, her face turning somber "Is Qylan... In the battle, I just couldn't recognize him anymore. His eyes, unnatural, and that mocking smile... So unlike him."

"It’s him, this isn’t him being unnatural, the unnatural part was when you saw him in the Assembly, He was always the most sinister, the one who planned it all. I urged him not to attack the Assembly, it had no goal and no use other than causing harm"

She looked at me "It can't be... The visions he showed me, the things he told me to do... I just can't believe someone with such high ideals, such a warm heart, could ever have turned by free will." her eyes was filled with sorrow "How can I help you? Both of you?"

"I dont know if you can help Qylan. But if you want to help me then protect my child"

"I swear that I will do everything in my power to keep the child and Anastanii safe."

"Thank you"

"Will your armies come to the Basin?" She asked

"You know as well as i do that i cant say that"

"What about Zephfer and his son?"

"I dont know, if he does then be careful, he is a mad dog"

Eylinn looked away, her face hardened, and she clenched her dress by the knees "Then why are you even here?"

"Does it matter?"

she glanced at me, i could see she was hurt by the look in her eye "You've no idea how much it stung, do you? Being led like a puppet by the people you looked up to? If it matters? I thought you at least would give me some advice. A hint. Some fucking courtesy. Do I not deserve that much?"

"Dont be so self-absorbed to think i came here simply to talk to you, i didnt plan to come here at all"

"If you do want an advice then i shall give you one. If you see Aesar in battle do not engage him, he would do everything in his power to kill you"

She raised an eyebrow "Aesar? Your champion? What did I ever do to him?"

"He didnt trust you enough to tell you?" I said with a look of surprise on my face.

"Who? What are you talking about?"

"Well then, i guess it is not my place to tell, now will you let me out of here?"

Her eyes narrowed "What makes you think I'd let you leave? Or even let you live?"

"What makes you think you have a choice?"

Eylinn sighed. With another painful groan, she rose from the chair and unlocked the cell* "Put on one of the guard uniforms behind the table at the door. I don't want any rumours of Dark soldiers running around camp."

"Can you open the window aswell please?"

Eylinn frowned "I'm not your bloody servant." She walked towards the door

"Please?"

She halted, her eyes filled with fury, she looked back at him. She dashed towards the window and uncocked it "Is the fresh air to your fucking satisfaction?!"

As she stood there i rose up in a quick movement and held my arm around her neck so she could barely breathe "Never turn your back towards a potential enemy" I let go of her pushing her forward then vanishing.

Nobody expects the Ecclestian Inquisition

"I'm innocent!" the elderly woman screamed, as she was pulled out of the door. The soldiers showed no remorse, while the priest of the light had a sneer on his face.

"You are not innocent, old crone. Your have been harboring your son, who is a known sympathizer with the dark." the white-robed priest explains. "Therefore you are guilty of having non-violent contact with a follower of the dark."

"But he is my son, my only son," the woman cried, tears running from her eyes.

The priest was unmoved. "There is no excuse for such treason against the light. For that there is only one punishment, execution. Take her." the priest orders, and the woman, still screaming, is dragged from her home, while the priest watches the woman's husband and her son being taken too. All around him are the vity guard closely working with the priests, as hundreds of people are dragged away to their execution.

-------

Hundreds of pyres were located just outside the gates to Three Rivers. To these pyres were tied people. Around them are thousands of bystanders, about to witness the first cleansing.

The archpriest of Three Rivers stepped onto a podium.

"People of Three Rivers. Today we gather here, because there are traitors, who has committed the most heinous of crimes, which is consorting with the Dark. Yet they may still be saved. By purifying their bodies through fire, their souls may be saved. May you all make better decisions in the next life."

With those words the priest gives a nod, and the city guards start setting fire to the pyres, and as the dark is driven from Three Rivers, the screams of the wicked fills the air!

WitchBeer.jpg

Second of First Harvest, Golden City...Captain Jacob camps along the Hroniden/Ecclestius Border with 5000 Men
[/CENTER]

Underking Deagrin Wrothiron pledges up to 25 chests of gold for Captain Jacob's services

Captain Jacob camps along the Hroniden/Ecclestius Border with 5000 Men

Emir Asad shall give 25 gold to Captain Jacob for his services.

A wolf-courier is sent to now King Asharian

"With Count Wolfe's compliments, Wolfen is hereby always and shall be by your side as a loyal vassal"

King Asharian,

I am saddened that I cannot at this time bend my knee. I am out fighting the Dark One's armies. However, when I return I will bow and swear fealty to you and your heirs. I could not think of anyone who deserves to be King more.

Graf Wilhelm von Saxon

Evolution​

th

Within the Haunted Forest Dark Lord Zephfer of the Dark Elves sits on his throne in their new castle Rin Talon as blue azure flames light the room upon lamps and shades the room felt a bit fogy due to the dampness of the azure flames smoke, Zephfer ordered his magical scholars to enter his throne room, these scholars have been reading up on past Dark Elf magics and other things that allow Dark Elfs to have the edge on the forces of the Light. They approached him and gave their report,and after an hour explaining what they have found it still didn't seem to please Zephfer interests. But there was one Dark Elf scholar of the name Kai Vundare, known as a prodigy for his work at Balen Don before the exodus. He studied up on the Dark Elven magic more than the others and found something very interesting for Lord Zephfer to know about, and that was the Drow Elf this Elf was what the old scriptures called a second generation Dark Elf it was said to be even powerful than a Dark Elf, as they were more skilled the art of magic than the first generation. But there was a catch, Drow Elfs were dangerous as the last Drow Elf King was very prejudice and killed off many Dark Elfs just for the sake of magic. This infighting nearly whipped out both clans and the Drow Elf King and his followers were all finally killed off, by the Dark Elf King of old these events happened before the final battles of Dark and Light

Old Drow King:
th

After Kai's explanation of the Drow Elf to Dark Lord Zephfer, Zephfer seemed intrigued with this information and asked Kai a question.

Dark Lord Zephfer:" Kai how does one become a Drow Elf, as I see this giving me more power than I could ever imagine then I would be able to march to the basin and crush that bitch Evylins army without a problem."

Kai:"That is true Lord Zephfer...but there's a certain conditions that must be done before accomplishing such a deed but we haven't deciphered most of the ancient text yet so I will have to go back and read up some more but there were two things I was able to translate that were needed for your evolution, one said that a temple was needed to be made and another was to find an ancient book within the Haunted forests caverns it said to be filled with vile monsters and demons of which no has ever seen it would take an entire army to try and take it."

Dark Lord Zephfer:"Then it shall be." He said with a snare. "Get the workers to construct a Temple, then arrange our forces to obtain the book I shall go as well with my champion. We shall get this book if its the last thing I do! Also after the temple is built I want a prayer to be done for the Dark One, to see if he would grant us his blessing on this mission "

Kai stood in shock to see Zephfer willing to give it all for one book, and power but it was typical all Dark Elfs succumb or the lust of magic even the King himself is not free from the curse.

Zephfer constructs a Temple and does a prayer to Dark One for a blessing

((An exceedingly long Wrothiron and Eylinn scene is in the works.

A question regarding quests: suppose we had an idea for a quest that relies upon deception or misdirection of the forces of darkness. Seeing as the person we would submit said quest too would also be the person we are attempting to deceive, how would that work?))

((An exceedingly long Wrothiron and Eylinn scene is in the works.

A question regarding quests: suppose we had an idea for a quest that relies upon deception or misdirection of the forces of darkness. Seeing as the person we would submit said quest too would also be the person we are attempting to deceive, how would that work?))

(( That guy still only knows that stuff OOC, so he still has to act like he doesn't know IC ))

Meeting

Luk'av has been polishing armor. Good warrior always needs to keep his equipment in good condition. His armor was well crafted black steel armor. On it were inscribed tribe markings of Bravenkin. Armor didn't contain any magical properties. It was made by tribes blacksmith Onderon. Luk'av used this armor numerous times since he became chief.

After he finished maintenance of his armor, he continued to sharpen his axe. The axe had two steel blades and handle was made out of steel as well. This made axe quite heavy, but that is no problem for Luk'av as he is pretty strong. Then one of his shieldbearer bring him news.

News has reached Bravengrad that Lord Goi'Orka and Lord Zephfer have finally sworn allegiance to Dark One. Upon hearing the news Luk'av summons tribes shaman and leader of one of the clans Brom. He orders him that he contacts the new lords through Seeing Stone and invite them to attend first meeting on Drearaghuer to discuss strategy and other plans.

A wolf-rider silently walks to the Royal Palace in Wolf's Den

"Sire!" calls the Wolf-Rider

"Yes?" responds Matthew

And the rider proceeds to tell the news of the basin and of the army and Karen Burnside.

"She's fine, the army is still organized... But, the Light Basin. Crap!" thought Matthew

"You are dismissed, rider" commanded Matthew

Thus, the rider left.

"I have a plan" Matthew thought

"The Light, although faltering, will always stay strong; We must help it. William left a huge amount of priests here, and James has news of that many of these priests have practiced light magics too." continued Matthew

"James! Remember the priests you discovered?"

"Aye sir?" in a crisp, soldierly accent

"Send those priests around Wolfen and more importantly; Ecclestius. Our King may appreciate a larger Golden Army or a boost of manpower to our armies. Command these priests to preach the light, thereby reinforcing the faith of loyal Imperial citizens, but another task, a much more important one, is to encourage our brothers to arms in the defense of the light, either through the Golden Army, or any of the armies of Ecclestius".

Celestian Light

Three Rivers was in some disorder, as the woman moved quietly through it. The Inquisition was created in order to remove any taint of the Dark from the lands. Sadly not all of the people understood this, believing that innocent was also harmed by the inquisitors. If only they understood and saw the whole picture.

“My Lady Celestian,” she was greeted as she approached the Temple to the Creator, by an initiate, still a boy.

The Duchess of Three Rivers, Alana Celestian, gave the boy a smile and a nod to acknowledge his presence.

As she entered into the room, the priest looked up at her. With a gesture he ordered the guards, who quickly brought in the newest patch of suspects.

As they were brought in, she thought back over the last few months. She had always had a gift, although when she was younger she did not know what it was. It ran through the Celestian blood, a bloodline she shared with her husband, who was also a cousin. She simply knew who to trust and who she could not trust.

It was she who had warned her husband, telling him that Qylan felt wrong. It was she who had felt a taint in Ra’Gru and asked him to make sure that the then leader of the Golden Army would be contained if he proved to be a danger. Yet her husband lacked the same beliefs, trusting her instincts less than the information he gained through his spies. And now she carried the guilt for so many lives lost. If only she had convinced her husband to remove Qylan and Ra’Gru.

She let out a sigh, as the prisoners were brought in. Her gift was stronger now. Or rather, her magic had grown stronger, as magic returned to Agorath. Once it had simply been a feeling, but now as she looked over the prisoners, she could see the taint around them, could smell the foulness and corruption. It was seen in the flickers around them, flickers which changed depending of mood, but if tainted by darkness always carried black flickers. And following it was a smell of rot.

Of the suspected followers of the dark, the inquisitors had gotten more than half right. Of the 13 suspects, 9 carried the taint. She quickly pointed these out, until she sighed, as she looked over a small boy, perhaps aged 7 or 8.

She knelt in front of him. Oh, she could see he was already scared, but this did not change the fact that he had forsaken the light. She gave him a sad smile. “Do not worry child, I will save your soul. And I promise it will cause you no pain.”

She placed her hands on both sides of his head, and gathered the light. Her eyes started glowing white and energy formed around her body, including her hands. But most noticeable was the light starting to take on the shape of large wings. And then came the pain, going through her every nerve, as the darkness became absorbed into her body, only for the light to forcefully eradicate it.

angel86.jpg

Rather than scream she bit her lip, and the blood from her lip mixed with the blood coming from her nose. The light now covered the boy, where it remained for several seconds, as she finished draining out the darkness, completing the purification process.

At the same time both Alana and the boy dropped to the ground. She was unconscious from the great strain. The boy was dead however, yet he had a smile on his lip. In his last moments he had felt nothing but great pleasure and immense love.

As the convicts were brought to their more painful purification process, the fire achieving the same as the Celestian Light, Lady Alana was brought back to the castle, her recovery taking several days.