• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Lords and ladies, settle down. I do not care who leads this force, as long as they are capable and competent."

The fall of Ra'Gru

The Archmage had finally made his move, we had been preparing for this for weeks, to fulfill this prophecy wasent easy. The day finally arrived and we had gotten that elven lord who always blabbers on about his powers, I am not a big fan of him. So far all he has done is talk about how powerful he his and the least he could is show it. When we entered the Assembly the Archmage started speaking and tried to convince the so called lords of light to join our side, as expected that didn’t work out to well. Some weren’t quite ready, atleast not yet, but that could be changed in the years to come. The elf as always ran his mouth about his powers and revenge on the Kalares, and as always nothing came of it but the smug on his face when Kaleres son died. All had their part to play no one being more useful than Eylinn, had she just joined us and glory, safety and freedom for her people would have been done.

Before the battle in the assembly commenced that pesky assassin came up from behind and stabbed me in the back, while first it didn’t hurt at all, at the end of the battle pain was immense and unbearable. During the battle the pain got worse and worse and had it gone on for much longer i would have collapsed. When Qylan transported us away i ended up in a place I had never been before, it was cold and i landed on a glacier in the middle of nowhere. I removed the snow on top of the ice and looked down, I could see myself and yet it was different, it was me but something more and something less. The pain got worse and worse, I closed my eyes and let out a scream of agony, I thought i would die here in this frozen waste. When I opened my eyes and looked down i saw down, my skin that I could see was white and pale, but most of me where incased a dark shadowy figure. I started to panic and then when i tried turning around I saw down into the ice once more where i saw my eyes where blue and a blue flame came out from them, the flame got bigger and bigger for a few seconds. As my skin was getting paler and paler and slowly getting incased into a bigger shadow I screamed out in pain one last time, this time something different happened. A burst of energy came from my hands and could be felt in the nearby earth, then in the background faces with a blue light could be seen as they started to move towards me. As they came closer and i could see them more clearly it was obvious they weren’t alive. They came over and lifted me up and started to carry me away, it was here that i passed out.

I was going in and out of conscious, at one moment i looked around and at another i remember nothing. I was being carried on top of men in steel armor, i remembered the skeletons from before but it was not my first concern. I pain from the wound was still immense, i was thinking of poison and if they had gone so far out of fear, not to mention where they had gotten the dagger and if they had always carried it. Those thoughts where however soon taken out of my head as i looked down to see who was carrying me, as i looked down i froze with fear. It wasn’t men that where carrying me but corpses, I didn’t know what to do or where they were carrying me to. I looked backwards and i saw another skeleton, but this one was different, i could barely see its face and its body was covered in heavy armor, only the mouth could be seen which only revealed a skull.

I fell unconscious again, i don’t know for how long but i would assume hours. When i woke up they were carrying me up the road of a massive mountain, at the top i could see a spire going further up. I was wondering if anything lived out here, surely some people must live here in this frozen waste, after all these skeletons must come from somewhere. The skeleton in armor behind was still having the same look on his face, he noticed me looked at him, at least i think he did. He didn’t seem to pay attention and just kept walking, he said a few words and afterwards I instantly fell asleep.

When i woke up we were passing over what seemed to be an ice bridge, i looked up and saw a massive citadel which looked ancient. It was completely empty but for a few animals, they all stayed clear and kept in the shadows. They seemed to be afraid, not that i would blame them considering what was carrying me. They then took my up the stairs and up onto the top of the citadel into what seemed to be a throne room, it was massive and at the end there was a throne made out of ice. I was thinking of who could have built this, it was massive and out here in this frozen waste. Who would build a citadel here and what purpose would it serve.

In the middle of the room there was a long table of what could only have been the dining table of the last lord, as they lied me down I felt a shock go through my body from the wound in my back and I started to twist around. The leader of the skeletons then turned to me and finally spoke.

Relax my lord, the pain will go over, it is not caused by the dagger. Just before you got stabbed the Dark One granted you the powers you will soon feel run through your body, you experienced some of them back when we found you. My name is Venethrax and i am a lich under the service of the Dark One and now under your service. I have been tasked with making sure you are safe, when you got stabbed the Dark One realized what was happening and that you needed aid, I know a spell to get you back to health and restore you. But forgive me my lord it will hurt badly.

I looked at him and then he raised his hand and said some words, I knew what he said but I don’t know how. It was not a language that i had ever heard before and yet I knew it. When his spell casted I felt the pain instantly and screamed out in agony, it took less than a minute before I passed out from the pain.

As I slept i kept dreaming about the last few weeks, the defeat of the necromancer, the siege of Misr, the Assembly and all the lords, the calm of the Kalare son. My conversation with Aesar.

I had called Aesar into my tend, he knew about the stone and the Dark One. He had also become a servant, him and Ra’Gru did everything together, they were liked brothers. Aesar had always blamed his father for being taken by the Orc Raiders when he was a child. He had grown to hate his father ever since he learned that he had spent time on being with another man’s child instead of finding his own. He had grown to hate Alvon for what he had never done for him. Every time he saw his father walking with the elf he called the Whore, his heart broke inside. He wanted to kill Eylinn and his father where they stood, I had never seen Aesar be so mad before, and i never had him with me in council meetings after that whenever Eylinn was there.

Aesar came into the tend and sat down on a chair, he then asked.
“When are we leaving for the golden city?”
“We aren’t, you cant control yourself when you seem your father and Eylinn last time you almost ran at them, it is to important that we don’t act hastily while there. I want you and Gakken to prepare the honor guard and head towards the haunted forest, go to the northwest. A ship will come for you and Gakken which i need you together with the honor guard to sail north, no matter what just keep sailing north, it will get colder and some might die, but you will reach land and when you are there set up camp and wait for me.” I replied

With that Aesar left the tend in clear anger that he would not join me in the Assembly after all they had worked for, but he accepted and started to prepare the honor guard.
The conversation faded away and just before i woke up the image of Anastanii came before me.

When I woke up I looked around me I saw that the shadows around me from before had formed into an aura, I could feel the table against my back and i didn’t feel the pain from the dagger wound anymore. I saw Venethrax standing before me, and I sat up looking around the room, it was indeed impressive but it was also very cold. I asked Venethrax for how long I had been sleeping to which he responded that I had been out for over 3 days. As I started to stand up he told me that I needed a new armor because the old had become obsolete, and that he had ordered the servants the craft a new armor set bound by old steel and magic.

I saw that behind stood a lot of skeletons and i asked who they were and if they are his servants. He then replied much to my surprise. “No my lord they are your servants as am i. We are here to serve you and we answer only to you. The Dark One gave you the power of death and you can raise the dead at your command, however if you raise to many at once it will weaken you. There are also natives here in the wasteland, they are loyal to the Dark One and to you my lord, i have ordered them to light up the halls so it wront be to cold. I know you living things care for such things.”

I just nodded at this point, i didn’t really pay attention to him. It was odd to talk to a skeleton or lich as he called himself. I asked if he had heard from Aesar and Gakken and if they had arrived, to my sadness they had not but Venethrax’s scouts reported that they were on their way. The room was getting warmer and I didn’t freeze anymore. Venethrax was still talking and i had started to ignore him at this point, then the great door into the throne room opened and in walked some natives. With them was this beautiful girl at the age of 17 or 18, golden hair and blue eyes. They were carrying different piece of new armor to me and started to equip it on to me. Venethrax then told me that in need to get into the armor and meet the chief of the natives, he had been here for the last two waiting for me to wake up and was eager to return home.
xloy.jpg

When I started to walk I could feel that i was still sort of weak and took a clutch to learn onto, and then proceeded to walk down to meet this chief.

“I greet you my lord, it is an honor you would receive me so soon. I am Chief Alrekr and this is my people here with me, long have we been praying to the Dark One. And now we have the chance to do our duty to him, we wish to serve you as loyal subjects. We know this land and it is our home, you will need someone native to these areas my lord. We know all the old graveyards, both for humans and for other creatures which can aid you”.
“Why do you wish to serve Chief Alrekr, it seems odd to most people that anyone would just offer themselves up as servants to a foreign Lord they have never seen.”

“I have my reasons my lord, I would rather keep them to myself for now”

“As you wish chief Alrekr, i will not turn away help if offered”

With that Ra’Gru went back into his private quarters for some much needed rest while Alrekr left the citadel and headed back home to the rest of his tribe.

Last edited:
- "The Pale thrusts the Green Chasm, we have fought together and will gladly continue that."

The Pale agrees to have Eylinn lead the joined forces.

I have decided to build a manor in the Golden City, which will correspond with my new status, as a Norse Jarl. I order my trusted advisor, Ragnar the Black, to travel to the imperial capital immediately, receive all neccessary permissions and hire the best masons. I want this manor to be a three-storey building, with five towers of white marble and big stables. This building will be called "The Winter Mansion".

- Arnulf the Young, Jarl of Stronghelm, the descendant of the Last King

The 25 years old looking woman put her cup of tea down, and stands up:

-hello my ladies and lord from all agorath, I believe I should formally introduce myself. My given Name is Snövit and my family name acquired at marriage is Kalare.

I indeed know or have met none of you before today except for the lovely Wilhem Von Saxon. My only real knowledge of any of you is thought what my decease only son and husband has told me, believes me when I see they are very different view. A beautiful smile appear is shown to all

We will get more time to know each other in the feast I believe, so I will just express my opinion in the issue at hand.

Eylinn, if not offended to be call so directly, you are as beautiful as my son described you. I am certain you are from the light and have never waver on it.

The room got suddenly a little colder and colder

I do regret to tell you this: heed my advice the archmage, the dark elf and the orc are not infected with some kind of disease you can cure them off. In fact is not a disease, every man/elf/dwarf/orc have the choice to be in one side of another their choice is based on their own emotions and true self not some forced corruption as you people have though for long. Believe me on this as I know of such things.

Then after a warm smile (the air started to heat up again)

If you need consolation or advise, or even just a hear to pour your problem into it do not doubt to come to me young lady, I would be glad to help you out.

In any case I do believe Eylinn is right for this assignment she is brave, intelligent and have shown capable or so I hear and put my support behind her back. Do not take it wring Saladin is just you still have many others concerns, delegation is always to be welcome.

With those words she sit down gracefully on her chair never ending her pleasant smile.

((Sorry to suddenly go silent. I'll have posts for things going on this turn this afternoon/evening.

Summary though:
Spend 50 gold on improved fortifications
Use my diplomacy order to try to rally the city dwarves into some sort of massive armed migration! Or at least a credible militia
My plots and army orders have been sent in to Bishop and are not your business!

Vote to formally strip the evil lords of their titles (if voting on things is even something we do any more)

Wrothiron is not at the conference, but will communicate with people there via these fancy seeing stones

Notice and a Funeral

It was afternoon of the last assembly, everything was peacefully in Kalare palace, and then suddenly a shriek was hear in the whole palace. The servants and guards immediately went alert thinking maybe they were under attack by a dragon or some similar beast but that was not the case.

Kvothe immediately rose from his throne and run to his wife study room. There he found her tears going down her cheek and her cup of tea frozen solid. Ice was forming in the fountain near her….

--Whats wrong Snovit, answer me.

**Dear…..oh dear….Javert…

--Javert? What happen to javert? He is in the assembly at his own insistence, he should be fine

**No dear javert…..Javert is dead.

--WHAT? What are you saying snovit ….did something happen to him.

** He is dead dear I am very certain soon enough his news of that shall arrive

--dead…. Who? The elves? The pale? Saladin…?

**No dear the Arch mage, has initiated the prophecy, he was an agent of the dark like I told you

--You told me so?

** Yes…..remember I told you not to trust him and be careful around him

--why did he killed him?

** He choose to not follow him

--I …I ..Need to go to my room, please leave me alone until official’s news arrives…

With that Kvothe left the room, in his mind only the words…it cannot be true, she maybe be wrong……she could be wrong, Were being repeated over and over and over.

The whether near Kalare had changed dramatically, it was colder that suppose too by this time of the year and talks of a coming storm were all that people talked about. I lonely messenger, clearly not dress for the climates, handed up a letter to the Kalare city steward:

---My lord a message have arrive from The GC

** Give it to me, Is probably a message from Javert. Said Kvothe with a sad voice

Letter:
To Kvothe kalare
I regret to inform your son Javert Kalare has been kill in the assembly like ma y others lord. The perpetrator was no other than the arch mage himself. He has been corrupted by the dark one and in a treacherous maneuver closed the assembly to help mean while his dragon puppets attack the city. Inside the assembly he tried to convince the lord to join him but their refusal led him to kill most of them between those killed is your son. We extend you our condolence and that of the whole continent. A conference is being organized by the Krestarii to decide what our move should be please assist or send a representative.
Ps: his body should reach soon Kalare

--So he is truly dead…my only son is dead…. Gove this message to my wife, call navaris from the saxon lands and prepare the a funeral for javert only family and close friends invited. …don’t bother me until everything is done.

As the strong man he was supposed to be Kvothe could not let anyone saw his face or hear his lament, think that he went to the most solitary part of the palace to cry for his dead son.

As the funeral started so did the snow storm, but the Kalare family did not move from the spot until their son, brother or husband was completely buried and the ceremony ended. Many rumors started immediately that the storm was call by Snovit in her grief to hide his family tears from anyone but of course such things cannot be true.

At the end of the funeral The kalare family went each to their room to lament by themselves.

Freyr af Frostsverð was standing behind his fathers chair as they discussed at the conference. It pained him to see Eylinn tormented by the old men around in the room. He wanted to speak up, but his father knew his thoughts. He was looking back at him with an angry look. The discussion raged on.

Later...

The feast was on, people celebrating their short victory and the peace in the realm. The entertainment was on going, his father was not enjoying it but only looked to his food. His step-mother was so happy to be reunited with her brother again. Freyr didn't bother really, he was looking over the feast to the other side where the elves were sitting. He couldn't help it but something was magical about them, especially one in particular. Eylinn was merely poking her food, seemingly chasing the odd pea with her fork with no interest in eating it.

- "Forget it son..." Alföðr spoke up to him, noticed his obsession "She hates us too much, with good reason."

The boy tried to hide his embarrassment by drinking from his cup of mead but then turned to his dad.

- "But we protected her, how can she hate us?" The old man sighed but explained "To her we are of the same straw as the rest of the Nords, her views will be hard to change."

It became a bit silent as they continued with their roast. As everyone was loud in celebration, the Pale Ones was as quiet.

- "If you do approach her, remember to not bring your thrall, she does not approve of our ways." Freyr was a bit confused of the advice but looked back to the elves. It was quite clear they had no slaves, no thralls no servants. No Eylinn, she was nowhere to be found. The large elf who always was with her by her side was still there, but not her. He was flirting with what was some of the entertainment, a smile sneaked up on Freyr's lips.

He stood up, his father shook his head but he didn't care. He started looking in the host's home after her and his Thrall followed suit. After him he heard his father say "Remember you represent the Frostsverð my son."

It didn't take long to find her, he looked for the most desolate place and hoped she was there. In the balcony, she was leaning on the reeling with her back towards him. He stood stunned, he hadn't thought what to do next, even what to say. He didn't even know why he was here.

Sweet Adolescence​

The conference had taken a toll on her confidence. While she did expect some opposition to be entrusted the leading of an entire army considering her young age, and even her gender, she did not expect to be so harshly questioned for her loyalty to Qylan. It was almost as the other lords seemed to expect some incredible foresight. Since when was suspicions enough to stop an act when action was needed? She had even told the Krestarii that the Orc had seemed off, but the Archmage? There was no trace in such foul play, and they knew it too.

She had been offered a more traditional meal of roasted game, but the spices were not to her liking. And salad? She kept chasing the peas with her fork over the plate, clearly bereft of any appetite. “Maybe I shouldn’t have been so trusting...” No, that was a lie. She didn’t trust anyone. Not a single person in this room, or outside it. They were liars... Traitors, all of them... To think she’d have to cooperate with such a host was dampening her mood, reiterating in her mind how she at every step would need to look behind her back. Then the Dark One’s threats to add insult to injury. Her thoughts were spiralling down, even though she had promised herself to enjoy the feast to the fullest without politics intervening.
She studied the dancers. A pleasant display to say the least. A mix of colours, music and harmony, embracing the room with all senses. Smell of the incense, the vibrant movement, the sound of a southern tune. It was indeed a feast to enjoy, but she could only barely soak it in. Her Light was growing, however. It felt warmer, and suddenly, too warm.

“I need some air.” She told Alvon, and they rose. In a discreet gesture, they snuck out to enjoy the evening from outside for a moment.

Eylinn was leaning against the railing on the balcony, listening to the comforting shallows rolling against the beachheads far below. The air had a musty saline smell to it, one she had barely whiffed during her visits to Coamenel during the Corpus infection. But here, it was clean. Not obstructed by the odours from the great pyres of bodies sizzling in the background. Whatever serenity she was able to soak in, it was not shared by Alvon. He had a determined expression to his face, looking back into the great hall where the feast was still at large. Something was catching his interest with absolute sincerity.

“What are you ogling?” She asked. He did not turn his head around, but sounded a deep grunt.
“Their clothes... Barely hide anything.” She was taken by surprise. Eylinn had never really looked at her mentor as a man also in need of pleasure. He had always stood by her side in service, with such unconditional loyalty; she had never bothered to ask.

“You go back in. Find yourself one by all means. I’ll be fine here by myself.” She smiled. Alvon was not about to question her reasons, but took the opportunity in its fullest. With strong, long steps he marched right back in to delve deeper into the festivities.
Eylinn would stand there for a little while longer before the metal sound of weapons and armour awoke her from her thoughts. It was the heir to the Pale, Freyr Frostsverð, accompanied by his thrall, and they were heading straight towards her. She wrinkled her nose. Freyr gave motion of speaking, but never lived up to the task. Instead, Eylinn fell down to a curtsey, but he didn’t bow in return.

“Milord Frostsverð..." She looked at the thrall. "I suppose you are here to confirm your father's claims of my lack of political perception?" Freyr’s eyes revealed his shock before he looked over at his thrall.
"Oh mistress, I am so sorry! I..." He looked back at her. "I...I am so used to always having one in my shadow." He told the thrall to return to his father. "I'm so stupid; my father even told me that I should have left him behind." Eylinn dropped her guard, slightly ashamed. She let out a sigh.

"No, forgive me, milord. I am not one to judge others customs when I myself am so cemented in mine. I try, but... Never mind. It is a pleasure to see you again. You have grown quite since the last time I saw you.” He had indeed. He was starting to resemble his father, a true warrior’s build. His pale, grey eyes a mirror of his own people, and his fair blonde hair was well kept above his white face. Unlike his father, he had yet to receive any scars and there was no trace of a beard. “Enjoying the feast?"
"Not much. My father is filled with worry. You can almost feel his concern in the air." He started to blush, moving towards the railing and leaned at it beside her, looking up towards the stars. "So I decided I was going to find the one thing I enjoyed in the feast." Eylinn, blissfully oblivious of his intentions kept on going, happy to have found someone to carry a normal conversation with.

"The dancers were splendid, weren't they? I never did learn to do it myself, but I've always appreciated the rhythm. But what in the Light could you find out here that would be so enjoyable?" He closed his eyes and breathed in the cold night air.
"The different nature, it fascinates me how the world looks. You wouldn't believe how different this is from The Pale."

"I am sure the Pale is very lovely." She lied. "The warm climate down here doesn’t sit with me too well. But I enjoy the sea." Freyr laughed.
"You don't mean that, everybody is always surprised by the beauty of The Pale" He turned around and pointed towards his step-mother. "You see the flowers in her hair? Those are stone flowers from The Pale which during spring and summer cover all of Bronsholm." Eylinn rose an eybrow in bemusement.

"Flowers in the snow? Now I know you must find me gullible and naïve." She smiled. He turned to her, sporting a boyish smile.
"Maybe, but the snow as it covers a forest... The blue light and the icicles hanging from the branches, it is a perfect place to sit and think and forget all the troubles of Agorheim. Even if it's freezing cold."

"A-Agorheim, milord?” She said, stumbling on the word, trying hard to pronounce it right. “Is that what you call the Pale?"
"Ah no, sorry you call it Agorath. Our customs might be very apart, but we are still from the same. The Pale has only been isolated for a very long time, almost entirely forgotten in the Empire."

"Indeed. When your kin first marched into Green Chasm, you had our people quite in the stir." She giggled. "What an odd way to first meet the glacier Men. I thought we'd have a war there and there."
"Oh yes, you were very strong back then, The Pale Ones value that. You earned a lot of respect." Eylinn turned down her eyes to the ground, her smile vanished.

"Thank you, milord, but I know that isn't true. Kind words regardless."
"Protecting your Brethren is the strength we value." She leaned herself against the railing with her hip, looking up at Freyr with a stale smile and tired eyes.

"Then why did I feel mortified as your kin arrived? With every word I spoke? It's not strength. It's just... I don't know."
"To summon strength when it is needed is not strange." He looked towards his dad with a troubled face and tried to force a smile. "I have no idea how I will ever bring forth strength to protect what my father has created." Eylinn’s face turned somber.

"I never wished to live up to mine. Only to... Only to make him proud, and happy. I always thought that was what your parents would appreciate the most. Not eclipsing them."
"Oh I know mine is proud of me, I just don't know if I can live up to what the Pale Ones expect of me..." His voice decreased in strength. “As if it wasn't hard enough before he got the power of death..." He reached out his arm and scratched his back in a nervous gesture.

"It's not a burden you would wish to carry." She stared at her hand, letting out a small jolt into the air. It evaporated with a slight crackle. "It means nothing of a person having them or not." He stared at her hand, first surprised, then amazed.
"Wow! How do you even... I... How?" He was speechless. "How does it feel? I know it pains my father, he does not know if it was given to him by the Dark One or our gods." She turned her gaze back at him.

"It hurts, and it's Dark, undoubtedly so. But Dark is not an evil unless used for Dark deeds. Who could appreciate or live in the Light if there was no Dark? Wouldn't the Dark One still be evil if he shielded his minions from harm? I do not know what power over death runs in your family, but it's your intentions that matters the most."
"I do not know either, but I guess in these times we should be thankful for every breather we get, no matter form it comes in." Eylinn smiled again.

"Like this feast?" He stared at her.
"This reminds me, while I still have courage and before we head to battle again. There is one thing I want to remember in case I fall."

"And what is th... Hnnnnggh!" Freyr had grabbed Eylinn by the shoulders, and proceeded with pressing his lips against hers. She raised her arms backwards, palms forward, at loss on how to react. She could smell his sweat, but it wasn’t bad. His breath was warm, and the soft sensation of his skin left her numb. When done, he pulled away his face, leaving Eylinn staring as he walked away with proud steps. She could hear his pace increase to a sprint as he disappeared through the door from the balcony. She was shocked, left paralyzed in the same posture she had assumed at his closing. Her heart was racing, more from surprise than anything else. “Your first kiss.” No it wasn’t, but she had decided it would be so. It could have been worse. She covered her mouth and started walking towards her room.

Alfödr had seen his son run away from the balcony. He was a bit worried, what had the young boy done now. The old warrior knocked on the door, he could hear small feet on the other side halt. The door opened and the young elf stood in front of him, his massive body put her in a shadow from the torch on the wall behind him. Her ears were glowing red of anger.

- "What?" she was breathing heavily and clearly not in the mood of company.
- "Excuse me Therain, I wanted to see and check so you were fine?" He was quite taken by suprise, it was not her usual self.
- "Would you be so kind as to come in and shut the door, milord?" She put a mask on hiding her anger but it was still there.

She walked backwards toward a small table in the middle of the room. The Jarl entered and closed the door behind him.

- "My boy missed you at the feast, he went on an adventure, did he find you?"

Eylinn adapted a face more sinister than that of a Rabid boar, her face turning red in even pace with the strength of her screams, and her eyes burning in their deep blue abyss.

- "What the fuck is wrong with your people?! Why do you keep insisting on forcing your customs upon others, again, and again, and again?! First in Green Chasm, you bring me my soldier's bone. And now, your son comes with all good intentions of a decent conversation, only turning it into a... A... Violation! I don't care how you court in the Pale! I don't care how you wear your weapons at feasts! I don't care! Have you not at least learnt some shred of humility? Some decency?! Some bloody courtesy?!" Hear eyes were tearing, part rage, part sorrow, part pleading.

The Jarl hung-off his pelts on a nearby chair. His bronze colored armor was glistering in the light of the fire. Blue runes were inscribed all over the armor and it was dented from wars. He looked over to her charade and raided an eyebrow.

- "He tried to woo you? I apologies upon his behalf, but he was most probably dying of fear inside of him. I expected him to just watch you from afar as usual not daring to speak to you."

Eylinn panted, trying to summon words but they would not come to her. Instead she sat down on a chair, refusing to look at Alfödr where he stood.

- "If you want I can forbid him to ever to speak to you again."
- "I... You don't have to do that." She burrowed her palm into her forehead.
- "Good, because he would probably just ignore me anyway" A small smile grew on his lips.
- "I was just startled, that is all. I had no idea your son carried such feelings." She moved her hand down to her eyes, hiding them.
- "I don't think he knew himself until today either. I suspected on the other hand..."
- "It's no matter. I am mostly angry at myself anyhow."
- "Why would that be? It is my son that has wronged you, you have all right to be angry."

She glanced on him for a moment but quickly moved her gaze into the fireplace.

- "I didn't dislike it... I wanted to, but I didn't. And that makes me angry."
- "Why would you want to dislike it? Because he reminds you of the countless crimes my kindred did to yours?" he sighed, and reached into his armor and pulled out a knot of weird design. "What I am holding is his promise to protect the elven lands, he led the troops at mirrorwater, not me. I was there looking over his shoulder but he led them. That is what you should see when you look on him"

Alfödr looked from the fire where her gaze was and to her, but on her cheek a tear had started to roll down. She was still starring into the fire.

- "You... It's not about your people. Not his valor, not his pledges. I've left some parts of my life behind me, and I keep telling myself they're gone. But they always creep back on me. They just don't stay... Gone. Do you... Understand what I mean?"

The Nordsman went quiet for a moment, took a deep breath. She looked over to him and could see the pain in his eyes, the same she had.

- "I murdered my liege in anger and stomped on his crown in tears." he showed his sheathed sword, trough the decorative holes one could see the ice shimmering trough "The pain from him raping my daughter and her suicide froze my anger in the tears, but they still pain me"
- "Forgive me, I didn't mean to..."
- "No it's fine it's fine... I just wanted to say that we all have our pain to bear." He put it away and stare into the fireplace "But it should make you stronger, it should make you want to go forward. I will make a world where my son can live, what will you make of the world?"

He stood up and headed for the door and took his pelts on him. Behind him a troubled young maiden struggling with what to say, what to think.

- "You are strong Therain, a true leader of your people with a heart trying to wear their burden" He started to head for the door with his back to her but turned around before saying "So since my son will never dare to ask you, I will do it for him. My son will gladly take your hand in marriage, if you choose to accept it"
- "Wait..."

Eylinn picked up the promised knot and studied it.

- "If what you say about him is true... About, you know..." She was hesitant "But I want him to follow me in the field if we're betrothed, so that we at least can get to know each other. And should it come to that... The marriage would be in the Pale."

He nodded to her from the doorway and proclaimed "It shall be so" then he left.

Eylinn Mindrilla and Freyr Frostsverd are now betrothed.

TEA

It was evening and neither Snovit or Kvothe or Lyanna Stronghelm had shown up to the dinner with the rest of the family. In fact no one had seen them since yesterday after the funeral.

-So Lyanna is very much depressed by the death of our beloved brother don’t you think so navaris? Said Kitai

*Yes…..poor Lyanna now her baby will have to grow up without his father, sighs brother why did you have to die… said navaris.

-Sooo….who is the heir now? To Kalare I mean, no more sons by our father. I guess Navaris is the new heir? Said Asuna

*What? No, no. by law the heir now is the baby of Lyanna. You should know that very well.

-Oh really? I guess I should have pay more attention on it. Smiled Asuna

* In any case why are you even talking about that? our only brother just got murdered by that bastard elf…

-Yeah he did really poor javert why did he insist so much to go personally to the assembly? I bet he was in love with that Eylinn elf. Said Kitai

*KITAI!! Don’t say such things, I forbid you so! Do you want to drive lyanna to suicide or something? Don’t ever say that again. I am warning you!

-You what?! , why do you think you can forbid me of anything? You are not mother or father to think you can order me around.

*I am warning you, Kitai…Do as I say! , I am the next in line and the creator forbids an unborn child can die easily. If you don’t obey me on this and you tell such bullshit to Lyanna, you will pay for it.

-Now, calm down Navaris. Even though what my twin wanted to say was that such a violent and ugly girl cannot order her around, she knows better than to tell that to lyanna. Said Asuna, with a smile.

*Shut up Asuna! You think you being beautiful will change anything on who are you going to marry? Guess what? It won’t. Is unlikely you will never marry someone as good looking intelligent and powerful as Wilhem even mother likes him a lot. I bet you will just be marry some old fat lord for an alliance.

#please sisters stop fighting….. Javert just died and our family is mourning and you are fighting over who is heir, who can order who, who is ugly and who isn’t, who you are going to get married to…..That is just idiotic…. Please just stop fighting. Said Invidia a girl that looked exactly like a replica of her mother but in a 14 years old version

After that Navaris left the room in a furious fit. Asuna could be heard saying: we will see about that dear ugly ducky, we will see about that.

Later that night

Knock, knock. Can we come in Lyanna?

-oh yes you can Asuna.

*Hello Lyanna…who are you holding up?

-Oh asuna….you and kitai are my best friends in kalare…I am just too sad…

*I know lyanna I am too…the death of our brother was unexpected and simply undeserved…you really loved him didn’t you?

-Yes, yes I did…even though it was a small time he was a wonderful man, I fell in love with him immediately after meeting him…..an now he is death. And I am alone

* Yes he was great…but you are not alone Lyanna, you have his baby inside you….you have me and Kitai and the rest of the family. You are definitely not alone

Lyanna started to cry again

-Yes you are right…I am not alone…Even now when you would be crying you are putting a strong front for me and talking to me…you are really my best friend…

--Don’t forget about me! Said Kitai.

--Here I bring some tea to calm you and us down….lets drink tea like in happier times. Sob

- Thank you Kitai and I am not forgetting about you. You too are my best friend. Said Lyanna meanwhile taking the cup Kitai was extending to her.

* Lets drink the tea and calm down after all the alteration could be bad for the baby lyanna

-yes you are right, lets drink tea said Lyanna while smiling and drinking the tea.

Several hours later:

NOOO!!! A scream was heard in the dormitory hallways were lyanna and the twins were located. It came from Lyanna’s room. As people rushed to Lyanna room first of all the twins, they saw the blood in the bed and understood what was happening.

It was much later time of the night, Lyanna had finally fall unconscious due to being too tired, crying all the way to her sleep. And everyone had gone back to bed, except for 3 members of the family.

In the throne room:

*Kitai, what do you want from me? Why did you call me to the throne room?

-just wait for Tsis (that’s how the twin refers to each other) to come we need to tell you something about our fight earlier.

Navaris was surprised….maybe they were going to apologize, that would be pleasing and very surprising. But if not…why else would they call her? it has to be that.

Asuna entered the throne room a sited in her father chair meanwhile Kitai quickly sited in her mother’s chair, quite strange but it was late at night to Navaris just though it amuses them to do so.

*So? What do you want from me? Are you apologizing? That’s going to be a sight. Said Navaris grinning

-Apologize for the truth? No Navaris, we call you for something much important. Said Asuna

* clenching her hands, Navaris said: then why the hell you brought me here?

--ok let’s get to the point Tsis…you can do it, said Kitai.

-Navaris with the death of the unborn child of Javert you have by law become the rightful heir of Kalare and need to assume the responsibilities and right of that position.

* Wait did you call me for this?! And why you girls are being the ones proclaiming this…?

-We Asuna Kalare and Kitai Kalare hereby relive Navaris Kalare of such responsibilities and rights. Furthermore you position in the line of succession will now be: 10th. Any children bare by you will obtain positions further down your own new succession position. All in accordance with: Kalare special law of succession number 1346.

Navaris was shocked….what the hell they were talking about.

--Furthermore with your new position assigned by the Kalare special law of succession. We Kitai Kalare and Asuna Kalare are declared the rightful heir to Kalare cities and its territories and will assume all the rights and responsibilities the new position give us. Said Kitai

Finally out of the surprise and understanding what her little sister were doing Nararis snapped back

*What the hell are you talking about!? That succession law does not exist!! Are you on drugs? I AM the rightfull heir by the LAW you cannot denied this!!.

-In that you are wrong Navaris, you see one day I was just exploring the library and came to a very interesting book, this book deal with the many unusual possibilities it could be encounter in a succession line and the many laws created to counter them. In here I found: The Special Kalare law of succession 1346. I law specifically designed for such a situation in which, no male sons were left alive and the next heir in line was a girl married NOT matrilineal but conventionally to another family. To avoid problem on getting inherit by another family or succession wars, the law provides that in such case the next girl/girls in line can demote the female in question to the lowest position and declare herself/herself the new heir if approval by father or mother were obtained. Said Asuna

*Are you saying this is not a joke? Father married me with provision to avoid that. The law cannot be applied, furthermore I doubt him or mother give permission to this!

--Oh but with father retiring to the tower we went to mother and she in fact consented to this, Navaris.

* NO way…how did you convince mother….

-Oh it was simple we used the truth.

*what truth?

-Oh that you have not hot pregnant yet Navaris, that you and your husband haven’t gotten a child? When will you even get a second if ever…in personal note I wonder who you will get the first. Smiled Asuna

Furthermore had you need to become heir you will need to leave your husband alone ruling his lands…and how happy you are with him…we could never separate you from him, I bet you an him has many stuff in common down right to the thing you like.

*YOU! What are you saying evil serpent! I love Wilhelm and he loves me!

-I have to give it you, you may really love him…to allow him to be all the time with his best `friend’ and you…does he ever leave him alone. I sure hope it does it in the bedroom. I mean what I am saying of course he doesn’t sleep in the same bedroom, that’s for lovers and wife. Said Kitai with a smug face

*SHUT UP bitch or you will regret it! And Navaris began walking towards with murder in her face

-Oh, the creator help us!, Navaris is mad at us!. So what are you going to do? Strangle your own sister in the throne room at night? I guess that’s a crime fitting to someone as ugly and violent as you. BUT no that’s not going to happen you think we would come here without any protection? If you try something we will ring the bell and guards will come. Just accept it peacefully or not we are the new Heir of Kalare and you aren’t, go back your husband and find a lover to maintain you happy or something, you have no business here anymore. Said Asuna with a radiant smile in her face.

Navaris said good bye to her family and departed the city as quick as she could, she went away shamed by her little sisters and enraged with them.

Krestarii builds an Embassy in Golden City

Deagrin Wrothiron sat on a stone bench and watched the shadows creep. The courtyard was a typical Dwarven statue garden, but above ground. Instead of mushrooms, mosses and lichens there were ferns and beds of flowers. But the garden wasn't about anything that grows, it was about the silent stones. Statues of the families of the Dwarves who had lived in this house in the past stared out. Engravings on the walls told the history of the prosperous clan of jewelers who built this manor, memorial stelae described the later generations, when the family shrunk by tragedy and war, until the last family patriarch sold the estate to Wrothiron's great-nephew, the late Master Burntbeard.

Wrothiron had read all the stelae and studied all the faces these past days. His physicians were insisting he rest, and truth be told he was glad. He tried to pretend he wasn't old, that he was as strong and durable as he was when he was 50. His prime had passed two lifetimes before most of his fellow lords of light were even born.

He'd always expected to die before he got old. He didn't settle down and marry until he was over 100 for that very reason. He never expected to be a father. Now he'd raised three, one of whom was dead. He'd not been back to Kogansunan to see it, but in the Deagrin tomb there was a stele with his youngest boys entire life story carved into it.

He called to Urist Bronzefinger, one of his vassals and advisors. "See that my armor is clean and repaired. I'll be going into the field in a few days."

Meanwhile, at the DwarfCave! Err, Kogansunan!

"... and the magma pump stack at the Porter's Gate is back online. The captain on duty at the gate can now dump magma on the far side of the chasm at will. If we retract the bridge, that means that any enemy who somehow breaks through the Great Gate will have to advance through traps and firing positions throughout the Warehouse District, then be obliged to try to assemble some kind of bridge of their own at the exposed edge of the chasm, while we pour magma on their heads and strafe them with ballista fire. There is no such thing as a truly impregnable gate, but we've come as close as we are likely to."

In a meeting room in the citadel of Kogansunan, the Gearmaster Kahlee Hoban finished his summary of the frantic work underway. Every other project had been postponed or canceled, and no expense was spared. Ever since the raven arrived with the grim news from the Golden City, the Mountainhome was preparing itself for the siege that was generally expected to come. Kahlee Hoban, as Gearmaster, was the most frantically busy of all, overseeing the restoration of ancient traps and other mechanical devices.

Deagrin Benthorn, acting Master of Kogansunan, nodded. He adopted a studied expression meant to convey calm, confidence and wisdom. "That has us prepared for a conventional assault. But we are not dealing with a conventional foe. Runemaster, what is the state of our magical defenses?"

The Runemaster, Rangi Bonegreaves, looked uneasy. His position had for centuries been purely theoretical, an honor for high nobility who devoted themselves to the arcana of Runelore. But with magic returned to the world, his duty to maintain the wards protecting the city had become all too real.

"We've gone over all the old runes of warding engraved in the citadel. Several inscriptions had been damaged, and we have restored them as well as possible to their original state. According to the accounts left from the last rising of the Dark One, they should prevent any unclean spirits- Demons, vampires, and the like- from entering. But we have no way to test their effectiveness. And the wards in the Assembly did not help much. I cannot say with confidence that ours will do better."

Benthorn stroked his beard. "Presumably the Archmage had been weakening them from within. In any case, we must rely on the magic we have. It would be well if you and your apprentices began some practical research on the subject though. Who knows how long this war might last?"

"Even if the wards hold, what about the dragons?" Żelisława's presence in the council meeting was unorthodox, and some of the guildmasters and guard captains stiffened involuntarily.

"Well" the Gearmaster began eagerly, "The above-ground portions of the citadel can be sealed at a moments notice. The emergency slabs that will seal off the entrances are roughly the same size as the crushing slab at the Great Gate, and should be hard even for a dragon to break through. I've worked up an improved, rapid firing ballista design for some of the citadel towers. At close range, it should be able to kill a dragon, or at least strongly discourage it. And the crew manning them can quickly switch between the anti-dragon harpoons and wicker baskets filled with lead balls. When you fire these baskets out of a ballista, the baskets break apart, and you get a wall of projectiles. That should be a nasty shock for any of your smaller flyers- giant bats and such- that try to land. I've also taken the liberty of supplying some of the ball-baskets to the ballistas at the Great Gate and Porter's Gate." The Gearmaster was grinning, but found no one at the council who would share his pleasure.

"What about provisions?" Benthorn asked. The Lardermaster began a lengthy account of the Citadel's supply of plump helmets and quarry bushes that would take up the rest of the afternoon.

A dark mist swirled around the seeing stone....

"Uncle..... Hear me uncle!" Said a voice in the stone.

The dark mist began to fade, revealing the face of a Dwarf, a fiery beard hung in matted clumps across his face, his eyes closed. There seemed to be a the sound of a soft voice behind the Dwarf, barely discernible.

"Hear me Uncle... See me! Look upon the fate of your nephew!'

The voice beyond the former Dwarf Master hissed.

"Look upon the fate of all that defy the Dark One, Uncle!" The eyelids of Deagrin Burntbeard opened. Where his eyes should have been there were only maggots, falling out of his sockets. Some began eating through his cheek and falling from the exposed flesh. The jaw of the Dwarf Master opened and a fat grave worm twisted in the rotted mouth. The view from the stone began to pull out from the face of Burntbeard and revealed a black rotted wound where an scythe took his head from his body. Strings of grey flesh hung sickly from the neck. A black claw gripped the hair tight from the top of Burntbeard's head. "Continue your pointless fight and you will join me, a meal for graveworms for all eternity."

A bitter laughter rang out from behind the head of Burntbeard.

A string of inaudible words hissed from behind.

"The ground will shake. Great rents and fissures in the earth will open and Kogansunun will fall." A fat worm, putrid and slimy, fell from the rotted lips of Burntbeard. "He will take all you love, Uncle! He is coming for Magmamane, He will rape her. He will kill her. He will feed her to the worms!"

A hiss seemed to break through the stone and wrap around the seer like a cold snake.

"I will rape her. I will kill her. I will feed her to the worms!"

Last edited:
Wrothiron watched the stone impassively. Then he said coldly, "Did you think I didn't know what you are? Did you think I didn't know what it would mean if you should triumph? Or did you think that I was stupid, and you could blind me with anger? That I would lash out at phantoms while the battle was fought elsewhere?

I say it again, you are a weak and hollow thing. And you will fail, because it is your nature."

Wrothiron returned the seeing stone to a leather pouch, tied tightly and placed it in a pocket of his travelling cloak. Useful things in theory, but really not worth the annoyance he thought of it. His household guard was preparing for their journey back to Kogansunan. He had turned to the stone to see what conclusions the other lords of light had reached, but had been interrupted.

His guardsmen helped him strap the pauldrons onto his golden steel armor. His long white hair and knee length beard were washed and brushed. He hefted his long, double-headed hammer upon his shoulder. The weight felt good. He'd felt off balance this last week and more without it. His heralds pushed open the doors of his manor, and he strode confidently into the street.

dwarf_king_of_the_unicorns_by_james_face-d41dri6.jpg

Word had spread of his departure, and a crowd of dwarves was waiting for him. Their faces were grim. The dwarven district had been unsettled at best since the Last Assembly. The spectacle of dragons in the sky over their city was not one they would soon forget. Many had looked to Wrothiron for leadership. Word of his injuries had no doubt troubled them. Now they saw him hale and whole, but leaving them.

"Friends" he bellowed to them. "These are ill times. I go to defend my home and hall. But do not think that House Deagrin, blood of Deabrok the Elder King, has forgotten you. I leave with you Urist Bronzefinger, my loyal vassal and advisor, to speak my part while I am away. These doors will always be open to counsel dwarves in times of doubt.

I go to defend my home. I call upon you all to do the same! For generations you have provided from amongst yourselves a watch, to guard against petty thieves and murderers. That will not be enough! You will need to take up arms in earnest to defend yourselves against the darkness. Urist and the good dwarves I leave behind will help you as they may.

I go to defend my home. But do not forget that Highathar is your home as well! The mother mountains were our cradle and our refuge. Now they have come under attack by the forces of evil. But Kogansunan remains a mighty refuge in dark times. And it would stand all the mightier if the Children of the Mountains were to come home, to stand together and protect one another. I call upon all of you, and all the other dwarves scattered in human towns, to consider well this request: that you gather together, take up arms and come together in a Homeward March! Then all our strengths can be joined together, under the strong defenses and ancient wards of the mother mountains. Then we might not merely survive. We might triumph, retaking the lost Mountainhomes, slaying the darkness with the lamps of a hundred thousand homes.

I will not say, do not be afraid! The world is full of peril, and not all fear is evil. I say instead, do not despair! Do not let panic guide you away from what you know to be the right course. For that is the enemy's only hope of victory.

I take my leave of you. But we will meat again, in this world or the next."

The dwarves of the city looked on in silence. Wrothiron and his guard pushed gently through them on their way out of the city.

Harmless Gossip

Nienna was enjoying the feast much more than the conference. There, her mother was one doing everything, though that didn’t bother her, she was happy to just look around the room and observe all the different people. The conference wasn’t as diverse as the Assembly, but she was here, sitting in the thick of it rather than watching it as an outsider. Nienna doubted she would have been able to focus enough to speak like her mother had if she had to.

When the conference was ended, without really resolving anything in Nienna’s opinion, they went to the feast. It was a grand affair by all accounts, there was singing and dancing and delicious food and drinks from all over Agorath. Coal was nice, but her father had never really been one for lavish ceremonies like this. Soon Nienna found herself dancing around the room, sampling various foods and talking to other guests as she went. After a while of this she grew tired and walked over to the drinks to get refresh herself. While there, she looked out onto the balcony and saw Freyr Frostsverd and Eylinn Mindrilla kissing.

Almost immediately Freyr ran from the balcony and Eylinn stood there, not moving. Nienna, extremely excited by what she was seeing and eager to hear the whole story ran onto the balcony with Eylinn.

“By the Light, did I just see what I think I saw?"

Eylinn looked shocked, her eyes shooting up to look at her new visitor, “M-Milady,” she performed a rough curtsy, “I... No, it wasn't, it's…”

Nienna grinned as Eylinn called her ‘Milday’ and began giggling when she curtsied, “Don't be so formal, we are at a party after all. Anyway, if either of us is calling the other 'Milady' it should be me to you.” She leaned on the railing and looked over at Eylinn. “It wasn't what it looked like? Because it looked like you were kissing that nord boy. I mean he is cute enough, don't get me wrong, I’m not judging.”

Eylinn’s face began turning red, clearly a little nervous, her hand still covering her lips. “Please... Don't tell anyone what happened. I don't... I don't even know myself what happened...”

Nienna was confused by Eylinn’s response, usually when she kissed a boy she wanted to tell all her friends about it. “...Oh... um, of course, I wouldn't tell anyone if you didn't want me too. Are you okay? He didn't make you kiss him did he?”

Eylinn looked down slightly towards the ground, her eyes filling with shame as she did so. “I don't know. Maybe I invited him without intentions. Something I said... My hair... I don't know. I didn’t hate it.” Eylinn squinted her eyes slightly, “Doesn't that mean...? Is this how boys do it? Just forcing a kiss like that?”

Nienna began becoming worried as Eylinn continued to speak, “I mean there is nothing wrong with kissing him if you wanted to. A few of my boyfriends kissed me like that the first time, but I liked it. If you didn't want to, then you should talk to his father or something. I mean you are a lady after all, you don’t have to put up with that if you don’t like it.” With that she smiled slightly, hoping to reassure her.

Eylinn looked up at Nienna, clearly very interested in what she had just said. "You've had men already? But you're even younger than me."

It was Nienna’s turn to blush, taking the ends of her hair into her fingers as she did. “Well, er, I mean, I haven't really had men, but I have kissed a few of the boys in the court at Coal. They were just crushes really, they never got serious or anything. I don't think my father would have approved if he had known though.” Nienna straightened up, already forgetting that she was supposed to be embarrassed. “Wait, you mean that was your first kiss?”

Eylinns face turned pale, though Nienna wasn’t sure why, maybe he wasn’t a good kisser. “Yes. I never got further with my betrothed than exchanging pleasantries. I ended the engagement at my father's death.” Eylinn started to get some color back in her face. “My condolences. I just realized I had not given mine in person yet.”

Nienna lowered her head, frowning slightly as she spoke, “Oh, thank you, we miss him, but he died serving the Light, what more can you ask for really.” Just as quickly as she started frowning, she was excited again. “So this was your first kiss and you aren't crying like some girls do, so I assume you liked it, right? Was he a good kisser?”

Eylinn looked a bit embarrassed, anyone with more sense than enthusiasm could see she didn’t really want to talk about the previous events, sadly for her Nienna had a lot of enthusiasm. “It wasn't... I shouldn't... it was soft. No, it was hard... Is the smell normal?”

Nienna started giggling again, “If you can't even think, I would say it was a good kiss.” She calmed down slightly, stopped laughing, and started smirking instead. “I think it would be more abnormal to find a boy who didn't smell, at least a bit. But I like it, it seems manly ... or something.”

Eylinn’s face began to fill with guilt as Nienna talked, and she began fingering her lips under her palm. Even Nienna could tell that she wasn’t really comfortable at this point. "I just don't know. He's not a... I think I must... “Eylinn curtsied again, more slowly this time, “Please, don't tell anyone. I think I need to withdraw. Please, do enjoy the feast."

Nienna nodded, to the other girl, kind of disappointed that she didn’t want to talk; all the other girls did when they kissed a boy. “Of course I won't Eylinn, I hope you get everything all straightened out. Just remember that boys are weird, they don't think like us.” Nienna heard the band starting a new song in the main room and began dancing to it slightly as she left the balcony.

Last edited:
Freyr was lying down in his bed smiling, butterflies in his stomach, excitement pumping in his veins. "Did I really just do that?" He could have sworn he had done it in a dream. A heavy knock on the door, he raised himself up.

- "Enter!"

His father joined him. Clearly here to tell him how bad he misbehaved, the enjoyment from his lips faded.

- "H..Hi... Hi father."
- "Oh son... the headache you give me..."
- "I'm... I'm sorry." his fists clenched.
- "Sorry? Oh I hope not, you are betrothed to Eylinn my son," a smile grew on both of them.

When Freyr finally realized what had happened he jumped up and hugged his father and was almost crying. The stones in the room became cold, the flames grew weaker and his skin became azure blue... But it was not Alfödr this time, the source did not even realize it.

The father left the room prouder than ever of his son and now for once sure, that the powers given to them were to serve the Light.

Remorse and Revelations​

Eylinn was huddled into bed, leaving only a candlestick at the other side of the room alive as a source of light and focus. The festivities were still at large, echoing through the castle-walls with a thunderous tremor in the stone. She had not returned to join in, even though the sound of music kept luring her to go. Instead, she had pulled her bedcover over her shoulders, and was studying the knot through her sleepy eyes. She pulled it closer to her nose, inhaling.

“I think that’s the smell.” She whispered to herself.
“A Human...” Her mind was not happy with her new disposition, afraid it would ever turn a stable course in troubled waters.

“You don’t get a saying anymore... You’ve given me enough grief...” She looked at the door, ensuring she was alone lest someone would find her mad for speaking to herself.
“You invite a boy to take your hand, right before riding out to battle to meet the Dark. Why would you do this to yourself? Do you honestly think you’re ready even in the slightest?”

“He was nice...” The images of her father kept flashing before her eyes. It hadn’t felt the same as when he had kissed her. She had been afraid, wondering how he’d react if she had told him no back then. How crushed he would have been, how she would have let him down if she had refused. “I didn’t fear him. You don’t even know what that is like. It was different.” She closed her eyes, trying to manifest the voice inside as something different than herself.

“How did he taste?” She was still not sure. She had been so overwhelmed that her entire being had concentrated on everything but the actual lips pressed against hers.
“Like fish.” She hated fish. “Good fish.” There was something liberating about lying out loud, but it was one of those nagging little traits she was trying to get rid of. “Sweet? Soft? Not that soft is even a taste, but that’s what it tasted like.”

“Whore...”
“Fuck you. And I mean it.” She hissed. “You know nothing about joy, so you don’t get a saying in this. This is my choice.” The Dark One’s laughter was ringing through her ears again. She opened an eye and gazed towards the backpack, ensuring she was at a safe distance. “You too... You don’t get any saying either. Take your misery and relish in it as long as you can, because it’s ending soon enough. I’ll just stay happy meanwhile.”

Whore...” She closed her eyes again, drawing her knees all the way up to her chest, holding the knot pasted to her face, just so that she wouldn’t lose it. She was starting to wonder how long he’d actually had feelings for her. She wanted to ask him. In fact, there were many questions she wanted to ask him. Was that a good sign? She wasn’t sure.

“You told me no one would ever like me. You lied. You’ve been lying all this time. Why? Why would you be so cruel? I always thought we were on the same side, or at least that you’d be cordially protective. I don’t know if I have any pity left for you, so I’m simply going to stop listening to you.” She reran the kiss in her mind, trying to pinpoint everything she would have wanted to do differently. A smile grew across her lips, and she didn’t even notice it. It just appeared. But she wasn’t ready for this. It was going too fast. Every time she tried to manifest herself in a proud, confident manner, answering his approaches in a way she deserved, she flinched. Her muscles ached and she was shivering. She realised this had to stop. Maybe Freyr could help. “I don’t even know him, do I? It’s strange. I still want to see him again.”

“Because you’re a whore...”
“Fuck you!” She yelled as she darted from the bed towards her backpack, and looked down at the sphere therein. “If my mind don’t get to stop me from being happy, what makes you think I’d ever let you keep me from it?!” She ceased in the middle of her fit, realising how mad this must have looked had she not been alone. Not even Alvon had returned. In fact, she was quite convinced he wouldn’t be sleeping in his own bed tonight, so she had the whole night to herself. She smiled. There would be plenty of time to dream in peace and plenty of time to relish in her newfound experiences, be them odd, judgemental, or just simply... Lovely. It had been a great feast. She returned to bed, trying to fall asleep. The knot would not leave her hand that night, and not from her person ever after.

Last edited: