• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anwar enters the Asad's private chamber.

"Well my lord, it seems that we still have a slave revolt. What is your course of action?"

"Set them all free. I really don't have time to deal with this, plus I was going to let them go anyway after some time has passed with the compact."

Emir Asad sets the rest of the slaves free in order to stop the slave revolt.

"Also, I must send a messenger to the armies of the traitors to inform them of their master's treachery."

Emir Asad sends messengers

"Anwar, I'm glad that I still have you. You are pretty much the only person who I can trust."

Asad quickly unsheathes a knife, and points it at Anwar's neck. Anwar has a mild look of surprise, as though he was expecting this sooner or later.

"You can't trust someone, though, who has turned on his own people. Isn't that right Anwar. Or should I call you Lord Dzango instead?"

"Oh, no. It looks like you found out about my little secret. I hope you won't spread rumors about me throughout the whole town."

"Can it. I've known about your secret since you had your secret meetings."

"When you were 5? That's very impressive. I'll have to check my meetings more often for little brats like you." ((Sarcasm, if it isn't obvious.))

"Whatever. I'm not letting you go."

"Perhaps you would like to reconsider that statement." Two assassins approach from the shadows. "I would hate to see another dead body on my hands. Besides, I'm sure that a petty mortal like you wouldn't be able to kill me. Not with the powers I have, of course."

"What power? You are no god!"

"I may be no god, but I will be soon be. The Dark One promises power for me. It's not too late to join us, Asad."

"You fool, you are but a pawn to the Dark One! Do you think that our lives are nothing but part of a game?"

"A game, oh yes a splendid game. The Dark One is setting up a trap, but --"

Asad puts up his hands to his head.

"Taiyōken!"

A burst of light comes out, blinding Dzango and his cohorts. His champion, Kamal, and an Immortal burst through the door and take out the two assassins. Asad stabs Dzango straight at his heart, but the blindness wears off.

"Nice try, but it will take more than that to defeat me." Asad gets smacked by Dzango's hand. He turns torwards the two behind him. He raises his hands as if they were controlling a puppet.

"Would you like to dance?"

Kamal shouted, "Of course, you traitorous bastard!"

Kamal almost stabbed Dzango when a dark force controlled his body. He turned around and faced the Immortal. He raised his sword and started attacking him..

"Mortals are weak in spirit and mind. It's a very simple trick to control one."

While Kamal and the Immortal were fighting, Asad grabbed a bottle of dragon oil from a drawer. He quickly threw it Dzango, setting him ablaze. Dzango had a grin on his face.

"It was fun fighting you all, but I must leave. Time is of the essence."

Dzango creates a portal that manifests in dark energy. Then he steps into it. The portal then closes after he steps in. ((Think Organization XIII's portals from Kingdom Hearts.))

"So, my lord, it looks like we have an open position for staffing. What should we do?"

"Aydin, Emir of Khaliq, should take Anwar's place as steward."

Asad had too much to think about. His most trusted adviser had betrayed him. Now, he only wanted to stop the people from going into the wilds, to follow the fool who wishes to meet his doom. He grabbed a cup of tea, a new commodity from the traders of Kalare City. Taking a sip, he felt his nerves calm. He'll have his time for revenge later ... For now, all he could do was revoke some titles.

((Summary of Events))
Dzango, formerly Anwar Musa Karim, has now escaped to the Wilds!
Shah Asad sends messengers to the armies of the traitors.
Shah Asad sets the slaves free in order to stop the revolt.
Shah Asad supports the revoking of titles from the traitors.
Khaliq is now Shah Asad's steward!
((Will list as vassal))

Gilbert was sitting on the ledge of a balcony overlooking the far field below Saxon Castle. He was staring out over the vast farms and grazing cattle. He was thinking about Navaris, his lover’s wife. His initial anger has been replaced with a dull thud of sorrow. Nothing he couldn’t deal with. He was the most awesome person in the entire Saxon Province, was he not?

Meanwhile Navaris Kalare was watching Gilbert without him knowing. He is a strange man isn’t he? She wondered at how he loved Wilhelm so much but also seemed to be very distant at times. Gilbert would also one day be excited and energetic with the next day being thoughtful and calm. She walked next to him and leaned against the railing.

“I wanted to say that I am sorry.” Navaris said to the man next to her.

“Hmm, for what?” Gilbert lazily responded.

“For marrying your lover.” Navaris explained.

“Oh don’t worry about that. It’s not like you had any say in the matter. Of course if you picked him out I’ll stab you.” Gilbert laughed at his own joke. “No I am kidding. Anyways, I’ve had a while to get over it and I am fine now. So don’t worry yourself, girl.” Gilbert said as he messed up her hair affectionately.

“Well you certainly change.” Navaris commented as she tried to fix her hair.

“No, this is how I usually am. Ask Wilhelm.” Gilbert then flipped around and sat looking at Navaris. “So I had an idea. You know how you have to get pregnant?”

“Umm yeah.” Navaris answered awkwardly.

“Okay so I was sitting there eating breakfast thinking about stuff I could with Wilhelm in bed. Then when I was formulating a plan I thought, ‘Wait Wilhelm needs to have sex with Navaris. This would work perfectly.’ Basically I would get him ready and then he will just finish with you. The best part though is that you get to see Wilhelm and me in our beautiful glory.” Gilbert finished with a smirk.

“Um yeah I guess that works.” Navaris said, visibly blushing.

“Well let’s go see the man!” Gilbert shouted as he jumped to the ground and pulled Navaris into the castle. They finally found Wilhelm walking down the hallway.

“Ah, Navaris and Gilbert, come with me. A messenger has arrived I must greet the man.” Wilhelm said as he continued walking.

The messenger ran up into the hallway and handed Wilhelm a letter. Wilhelm opened the letter and first he looked shocked and then on the verge of tears. The messenger uttered his condolences and Gilbert was completely confused.

“What is going on?” Gilbert asked getting worried.

“My father is dead.” Wilhelm said quietly.

No one said anything. Gilbert gave Wilhelm a long hug and Navaris stood there for a moment. Wilhelm then quickly went to his room. Navaris moved to follow him but Gilbert stopped her.

“He needs to be alone for a little bit. He will see us both when the time is right.”

Larien walked into Nienna’s room, unsure of how exactly she would explain what had happened.

“Nienna, we … we have to talk.” Nienna stretched, just waking up with her red hair pouring over the pillow.

“Can’t I just sleep a little longer?”

Larien sighed, “No, we have to talk now.” Nienna groaned and sat up in her bed, motioning to her mother to speak. Larien sat on the bed next to her daughter, and after being silent for a second began speaking, “Your… uh … something happened to your father.”

Nienna interrupted her mom, “What?!? What do you mean? How could you know, he is in the Golden City. Did he send us a letter?”

Larien shook her head; Nienna had always been close to Armas, closer than to her anyway. Larien supposed that was because of how similar they were; Armas was just like Nienna when he was 15. So full of life, joyful, excited just to be living life no matter what he was doing, and always talking about how he would change the world. Of course, that changed when his father died so suddenly, Larien just needed to make sure that Nienna didn’t let his death change her.

24-maiden-elf-elves-illustrations-artworks.jpg

Nienna Coamenel ((Her ears are more subtle than this though:D))

“No, he didn’t send a letter honey, he … he sent a message though. Nienna … you father died yesterday,” Larien choked as she told Nienna about Armas, tears streaming down her face.

Nienna sat on her bed stunned, “…How…?” she asked quietly.

Larien felt the tears coming quicker, “I don’t know how it happened, I have had the steward send a letter to the other lords to try to find out, but his Light, it was here, to say goodbye.”

Nienna sat, not sure if she could move even if she wanted to; how could her father be dead? He couldn’t die, nothing could kill him; he was too fast, too strong, too smart to just be dead like that.

Larien regained her composure and continued speaking, “I have declared you Therain with myself serving as regent until your 16th birthday. When that time comes you will ascend to the throne and rule the realm. But I will always be here for you, helping you whenever you need me. You won’t be alone in this.

Honey, your father was just like you before his dad died. He was still a good man after and I always loved him, but he grew up too quickly and lost that special something inside of him when he did. I don't want to see that happen to you, and I know he didn't either. He always told me about how you were going to be the ruler he was supposed to be.”

Nienna nodded her head to her mother, acknowledging what she had said. She pulled her legs up to her chest and began crying over the death of her father. Larien hugged her tightly then left the room, promising to come back soon. She still had her two other children to talk to.

Eighteenth of First Seed....

Jacob looked at the smooth stone set out before him. He sat atop a mountain of rubble in what was left of the Assembly. The bodies had been cleared out from the massacre of several days before but the debris remained.

From what he had heard, the Lords of Light were making great progress at reaching a lasting peace. Now, with the treachery of Qylan and the others, peace was all but assured, at least in the East.

But what was the next step? The Light Basin surely, but what of the Wilds? At the height of the Empire, the Wilds were fortified by colony states that held the land as a buffer between the east and west, and act as a line of defense to hold back the Scourge. And what exactly was promised to Ra'Gru and Zephfer? Ra'Gru turned down a Kingship, and Zephfer; his people. And what of their armies in Hroniden? Surely their captains will not have received word of what transpired here, and any message they hear will be met with doubt and scrutiny. Jacob bit his lips as he heard a voice in his head tell him that none of this was his problem.

His mind raced back to the vision he saw in the yurt of Heavy Axe last year. The land wrecked and dead - men and mir enslaved and worse, his daughter dead and sapped of blood. The mercenary's hands balled into fists. He reached for the Seeing Stone and held it over his face.

In an instant, he seemed to be in another ethereal realm. It was as if he had one hundred eyes, and he could zero in on a single one and see through to another stone.

Looking through one, he saw only darkness. Another was a sad study, littered with books and an elf-woman. She looked to be crying. He pulled himself away. Another was dark, a glimmer of sunlight peeking through an opening as if the stone was being carried in a pouch. He tried another one. It was in some castle, it seemed to be. Torn black banners hung along the walls. The hall was choked by vines and great roots that seemed to be invading the castle. On the throne sat an elf, his hair down over his face.

"Hello?" Jacob heard himself say.

"I See You...." said the elf. Suddenly he looked up, his golden eyes afire as blood and gore dripped down from his mouth, over his chin.

Jacob seemed to be being pulled closer to him, unable to turn away.

"There is no light in the void.... Only.... Death!"

With a gasp of air, Jacob was sitting upon the rubble once again. He looked over at the door. There stood Heavy Axe, his powerful arms crossed across his chest.

"Take rest in the city. I have somewhere to go." Jacob rushed from the city, eager to look upon the face of his daughter.

Captain Jacob's Army Rests in Ecclestius

To Duke Asharian of house Krestarii and the other Lords of Light,

While Three Rivers are in full support of the light and are willing to send troops to liberate the Light Basin, we do not believe a conference is a good idea, at least not one in such an exposed location as Azeratii City. If we all gather there, in one swoop the Dark could destroy all Lords of the Light, leaving Agorath doomed. This was the reason that the Assembly in the Golden City becane such a tragery.

Instead I propose that we use the seeing stones for instant communication, allowing us to host a conference directly from within our castles. Alternatively we host it somewhere in the middle of Agorath, perhaps in Saxon as that is the most central, thus a surprise attack would be much less likely to succeed.

Justinus Celestian, Duke of Three Rivers

The Seeing Stones
by
His Royal Majesty
King Eli
Lord of Western Galadriel and Her Domains
year 4416 of the Age of Heroes

There is much hesitation among the nobility of Agorath concerning the magic of the Seeing Stones. These enchanted items, created by the Order of Light earlier this age are nothing to be feared. Many stones have fallen to the Dark Kings, but the will of Light is strong, and those of Light have the will to turn any corruption that may be spewed forth from the Dark through the stone. The hesitation of the Silent Ones, (those unable to wield magic) is understandable and may lose their minds if unfortunate enough to see a follower of Scourge through the stone.

However those with the blood of Light need not fear the Magic Stones.

The Seeing Stones are used by the Lords of Agorath to communicate and aid in diplomacy and issues of state. Though the use of the Seeing Stones can be encumbered by the inevitable taunts and threats of enemies, the magic of the Stones allows great ease for leadership.

By glancing into a Seeing Stone, one is transported to another world - a world where all Stone Seerer's may be communicated with. Though it is important to limit the discussion of war tactics to personal interaction as you never know who may be listening through the stones.

The Silent Ones may fear the Seeing Stones, but the Lords of Light know, that the magic of the Stones is under our control and is of a great aid to the realms of Agorath, no matter the fruitless attempts of the Dark to confound and confuse through the Stones.

((There is much hesitation among the nobility of Agorath concerning the magic of the Seeing Stones. These enchanted items, created by the Order of Light earlier this age are nothing to be feared. Many stones have fallen to the Dark Kings, but the will of Light is strong, and those of Light have the will to turn any corruption that may be spewed forth from the Dark through the stone. The hesitation of the Silent Ones, (those unable to wield magic) is understandable and may lose their minds if unfortunate enough to see a follower of Scourge through the stone.

So, my non-magical dwarves should not use them? I'm concerned since usage of these stones seems to directly correlate to evil, yet now everyone has one.))

((There is much hesitation among the nobility of Agorath concerning the magic of the Seeing Stones. These enchanted items, created by the Order of Light earlier this age are nothing to be feared. Many stones have fallen to the Dark Kings, but the will of Light is strong, and those of Light have the will to turn any corruption that may be spewed forth from the Dark through the stone. The hesitation of the Silent Ones, (those unable to wield magic) is understandable and may lose their minds if unfortunate enough to see a follower of Scourge through the stone.

So, my non-magical dwarves should not use them? I'm concerned since usage of these stones seems to directly correlate to evil, yet now everyone has one.))

Your Dwarves, though unable to wield magic, if you so choose, are assumed to contain special fortitude and able to withstand any Dark casted through the stones. Being of the blood of the ancient Heroes, House Wrothiron may safely use the stones, or communicate through messages if you wish

Larien Coamenel said:
I, Larien Coamenel, daughter of Galdor Oronar, and wife of Armas Coamenel do this day bestow upon myself the title of Regent of Coamenel until Nienna Coamenel’s 16th birthday and shall rule in her stead until that time.

I claim the lands of Mirrorwater province in the name of Coamenel. I ask that the other lords of Galadriel support this as my rightful claim.

I shall hold my husband’s place in the Assembly of Lords and look forward to meeting all of you in the future. I ask anyone with information of my husband’s death to immediately respond to this letter to grant me and my family closure.

May all the Lords of the Light know peace and the Light inside.

- Larien Coamenel, Regent of Coamenel​

sun-2-xxl.png

Elron of Mirrorwater
Master in Exile
Rightful Ruler of Mirrorwater Hold

My Lord-Uncle laid down his life to protect the land of Mirrorwater from the Nord Horde, and though I am eternally grateful to House Coamenel, and the other Great Houses that risked life and limb to restore my home from the vile invaders from across the Rill, I am left with one question.

By what right does House Coamenel now claim ownership of Mirrorwater, my birthright? I demand House Kalare leaves Mirrorwater before the summer and Lady Larien of Coamenel forfeits any designs and claims on the lordship of what is rightfully mine.

So Says Elron of Mirrorwater, The Master in Exile, and Rightful Lord of Mirrorwater.

The face of dark skinned man, wrapped in a Te'Sheikh forms in the Seeing Stone...

"I, Azeem of Tirath, lord of Tirath City and her Emirate, of the blood of the hero Hassem the Desert Snake, hereby declare Shah Saladin of Ayyubid unworthy of the King's Crown of Hroniden. Furthermore, I refuse to swear fealty to the man who sought to usurp the power of Emperors, and would seek aggressive actions against mine own province.

Tirath shall remain a sovereign Emirate while I draw breath!"

An open letter to his Royal Majesty, King Saladin of Ayyubid, Lord of Hroniden and Her Domains...

Your Majesty, know that there are those within Tirath that toast to your health and blessed rule. If you would fight to press my claim on the Emirate of Tirath, Know that I would swear fealty to you, and bring the Emirate into the fold of your great Kingdom.

Please consider that pressing my rightful claim on the Emirate will allow for a smoother transition of power among the nobility of the Province and ensure peace in the region for decades to come.

Yours Service,

Hanash Sands, Rightful Ruler of Tirath.

((Hanash Sands is the youngest son of Emir Azeem of Tirath, a bastard-born with a weak claim on Tirath))​

Your Dwarves, though unable to wield magic, if you so choose, are assumed to contain special fortitude and able to withstand any Dark casted through the stones. Being of the blood of the ancient Heroes, House Wrothiron may safely use the stones, or communicate through messages if you wish

((1. Dwarves not being able to cast spells is a common fantasy trope I've been embracing. This does not exclude crafting magical items, and inscribing things with runes of power.

2. Its House Deagrin! Dwarves put family first, unlike barbaric surface dwellers!))

((1. Dwarves not being able to cast spells is a common fantasy trope I've been embracing. This does not exclude crafting magical items, and inscribing things with runes of power.

2. Its House Deagrin! Dwarves put family first, unlike barbaric surface dwellers!))

((lol! Yes, House Deagrin, that's what I met :)))

A letter arrives to Elron

Mirrorwater has been claimed by my right as regent of Therain Nienna, the rightful lord of the land and descendant of its liberator. You may have noticed that I have not appointed a Master in the city to rule as my vassal. It was my intention to appoint a member of the rightful ruling family as my Master in the city and surrounding lands. If that is your desire, then come to Coal and swear fealty to me.

The province of Mirrorwater shall not have complete independence returned to it. You have proven incapable of defending your lands and in this time with the rising threat of darkness I have claimed it as a vassal state of the Thera of Coamenel. This will ensure the protection of the people of Mirrorwater from outside threats that they have been subject to in the past. You will swear fealty within the month or lose all claims to Mirrorwater, I do hope that you act wisely.

- Larien Coamenel, Regent of Coamenel

An open letter to the Lord's of Light...

sun-2-xxl.png

So it is that our self professed liberators have become conquerors. After generations of maintaining peace and prosperity with it's fellow neighbours, the once proud province of Mirrorwater is now destined to live in servitude to others, it seems.

And who is to become master of Mirrorwater, not its rightful claimant, no! But a lacky of the House Coamenel! Swear fealty to us, Says Coamenel, it is for your own good! Swear fealty to us, say the Nords, it is for your own good. I say No! The Lord's of Light aided us when our need is most dire - will they do nothing when the conqueror has merely changed banners?

I will do all in my power to make the Province of Mirrowater sovereign and in the hands of it's rightful rulers, not one whom imagines herself a Queen.

~ Elron of Mirrorwater, Master in Exile, Rightful Ruler of Mirrorwater

Larien smiles as she reads the letter from Elron. It seems that he didn't understand that she had the support of the lords currently in Mirrorwater. She immediately began drafting a letter.

To the High Elder of Mirrorwater,

In recognition of the good you have done for the people of Mirrorwater I would appoint you as Master of the province, provided you swear fealty to me. This is done with a heavy heart as the sole heir has rejected the realities of the times and refused to accept the sacrifice made by my people to save his and swear his fealty. If you accept the position then simply send a letter in response and then make your way to the conference in Azeratii. We shall formalize the promise of fealty there. I hope to begin work with you in the near future.

Thanks the Light that Nienna is too young to take the throne. I would not want her to have to deal with such a mess.

Underkings in Cities of Gold

Great, black plumes of smoke were still rising from the Golden City as the entourage from Green Chasm rode in. The massive walls were a debris, cluttered with molten rock and black scorch marks from the monstrosities that had attacked them. Eylinn hadn’t slept for days. Constant riding was taking its toll on her, and these were times of great need of haste. It hadn’t been kind to her stomach either. Her appetite was lost and replaced with a persistent singe. She was determined to disregard it for the time being.
She needed to know what had happened. Both in the war and the assembly. As words arrived Deagrin Wrothiron was still in the Dwarven Districts, she was quick to request an audience.

Wrothiron stood in the courtyard of his manor in what was supposed to be a Dwarven garden, but Eylinn barely saw any green at all. Pillars were surrounded by small guardian stones, and the walls were decorated with statues. It was not her kind of place, and the stony faces in the artwork reminded her of death. She was not going to comment on it, however, for it was not her place. Neither was it prudent to comment on another culture in their own embassy. Instead, she settled with a dignified curtsy.

“I thank you for receiving me, milord.” The Dwarf studied her with his one eye, as she did him with her two. His greying hair and beard still spotted with stains of blood, his eyes tired, his stance sulky, and clad in simple cloth. Much unlike the staunch proud warrior draped in heavy armour she had seen him as before. Now that they stood before each other, she could see they were of about equal height.
“Yes. Let’s not mince words, shall we?” A bit baffled, Eylinn decided not to take notice. He most likely was in rough shape after whatever happened in the assembly still. “I insist we stay outdoors. I’ve spent too much time being coddled by doctors for a lifetime in there, and I need some fresh air.”

“Forgive me, milord. I just haven’t received much detail on matters outside the campaign. I barely could believe the letter on what had happened until I actually arrived here.” She looked around for chairs, but the Dwarf was not heading for them. Her back hurt. “Please, I really need to know. What happened in the North?” He reiterated the campaign to the best of his abilities. He had led it for three months and ought to have known the most of it. Still, the tales of the many dead was overwhelming.
“Those snivelling Nords didn’t even shun from killing me in my sleep. But I took their assassin down with a good swipe with my own crown.” Eylinn did not think her own tiara would make a good weapon. “But in war, all is fair. Terrible loss of life though in one day.” Wrothiron flinched and let out a grunt in agony. “I need to sit down...” Eylinn offered her hand, but he refused. With a barely noticeable limp, he invited her over to a table of marble with chairs of fine rock. He waited just as long as she needed to seat first, before sinking his body to the opposite side of her. With a sigh of relief, he continued. “I’ll have to give it to the Archmage. His attempt on my life was much more painful.”

“I couldn’t believe it when I heard... I still really can’t.” She was looking down into her lap, nervously fingering her dress.
“You better believe it now. He’s nothing but an abomination, fangs and all. Before he turned into a dragon that is.” Wrothiron shivered. “And he wasn’t the only one. All I could think of was burying my axe into that treacherous Elf. I lost count of the vampire’s minions I had to kill before I could reach Zephfer, and by the time I was there, he was gone.” She started to play with her fingers, her ears turning red from embarrassment.
“I trusted them. They gave me no reason not to. But I was fooled. Had I helped in the North instead, maybe we wouldn’t be sitting here right now...”

“You’re brave, girl, but that sentimental drivel isn’t helping anyone. When I say they’re evil, they’re evil. Accept it. This is war now, and enemies you kill. So start ready yourself for that instead of brooding over your rights or wrongs.” She gave him a short glance before turning her head away, saying nothing. He didn’t need to beat down on her when she was doing that too well herself. Wrothiron leaned back in his chair, making another flinch from his stabs of pain. “But I’m in no position to judge. I should have seen what he was up to. Damn Elf. Never trusted him, and couldn’t believe I did so now. He was unwavering enough when it came to civil war before, so why would he have started pleading for peace now?” It was the Dwarf’s turn to look away.

“We all fear the Dark, milord. What else could we have believed? What good is a wish if you never intend to think it can come true?” Eylinn huddled up on the chair, trying to hide a groan as she tried to rest her back against it. All the riding was tearing her body apart, and the stony furniture was not helping. “I brought Zephfan to the South. We accelerated the prophecy. But to think he meant for it to happen?”
“He crushed Armas as the ceiling fell on top of him.” Eylinn turned cold, and she looked at his eye in shock. She had not heard of it before. No more than a few days ago, she would have declared him her loyalty. She could not weep, but her essence was filled with immeasurable grief.

“No...”
“And you better believe it, girl. Right after he ripped the Steward’s face clean off. Right before he sent minions of Darkness into the whole assembly.” He squinted, focusing his gaze on hers. “His eyes were the same gold as before, but the beast was in them. That Elf is no Elf no more, and probably never was. You speak of accelerating prophecies? Who do you think helped the slaves in the Golden City riot? Provided him with his armies? That uprising turned the whole continent into rebellion.” She was barely listening. What would become of the Coamenel now? Their son was so young.

“We must go to the Basin, milord. We must cleanse it before they strangle our magic further. We can’t idle in our differences anymore.”
“A conference is to be held in Azeratii from what I’ve heard. They wish us to congregate and feast while the Darkness still lingers in the realm.” Wrothiron snorted. “I’m not going.” Eylinn leaned on the table, her eyes now steady in resolve.

“We must travel there. Promise me you consider it. We need to clear what must be done. Show that Light unifies all races when it needs us. So, I beg of you. Consider it.” The dwarf gave her yet another snort, but remained quiet. She rose, and so did he. “I wish to offer my humble gratitude for gifting me some of your time, milord. And your aid to my kin, I will not soon forget it.” She curtsied as he nodded, and turned on her heel. It had become dusk, and a chilling wind forced her to pick up the pace. It felt suspiciously suiting considering the revelations handed to her. Her mood faltered as she headed for the horse, only to again feel the stale muscles in her back cramp for every hoofstep towards her embassy. Yet, it wasn’t her body that was hurting the most.

No Light Without Darkness

Wrothiron’s words had upset her. The Archmage had been her only kin in thought, in heart, in belief. The only one that ever dared encourage her convictions, as useless they may have been. To think such a proud man would slaughter a host of unarmed men, his sworn brother, and Armas... Armas too. Her conscience, her role model, the Elf she looked up to. Galadriel’s only true hope for a king. Crushed and buried under the stone.
She sat on the opposite side of Alvon, staring into the flicker of the oil lamp on the table. Its golden shine reminded her of his eyes. So proud they’d been. Such a flame now turned into that of a beast’s.

“Alvon, I must talk to him. There must be something more to this, and I must know what it is. He asked me to lead an army to free slaves, asked me to help save the people of the Golden City, grieved in sermons for infected Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs. An evil man would not do that.”
“And how do you intend to find him? You don’t just happen upon someone who dissolves into thin air.” Eylinn looked at her pack by the bed, on the little piece of cloth escaping through the opening.

“He gave me a stone long ago.” Alvon crossed his arms, but said nothing. As Eylinn rose to fetch it from her inventory, he pulled his leg from under the table in her way.
“I will rip you out of it with the slightest sign of disturbance. Are you really sure about this?” She smiled at him.
“I am not. I must do it anyway.” She picked up the seeing stone and pushed her forehead against it. First there was nothing there, and then it took over everything. She was no longer in her embassy. There was no warm flame, no Alvon, no nothing. She was alone as she descended into the purple ethereal haze.

“Archmage!” It was so unlike her last visit. No clouds, no beautiful night sky. Even the sound of her yelling felt different. Almost mute and faint. “Qylan! Where are you hiding! You must answer!” A swirling fog was hinting in the distance, and from its discreet twirls came a sound too familiar to be true.
“Eeeey....n...” Against her better judgement, Eylinn moved closer. One small step at a time.
“Q-Qylan?”

“Eyliiinnnn...” A raspy, agonizing voice could be heard from the other side of the strange mist. It was enough to make her skin crawl, but something was amiss. It didn’t seem unfriendly.
“W-Who... Who’s there? Where’s Qylan?” For it wasn’t him.”Do you know where I can find him?” She flinched, throwing herself back in terror as the tormented grieving face of her father appeared from the fog.
"Why Eylinn... Why?" She was paralyzed. It was unmistakably so. The same sad eyes, the same furrowed skin, only more than she knew him. Her proud posture was but a memory, and her arms were dangling and would not respond to her will had there even been one.

“No... This isn’t real. You can’t be...” Galimon burst into tears, sobbing hard and true.
"My daughter... Mine own daughter killed me... How could you?" She was shaking in fear of what he might do, and for what she had done. She wanted to close her eyes but they refused it.

“Father...” Her voice lost its stability, trembling worse than her hands. “Forgive me... I... Evhana, I just couldn’t... She was so young...” This couldn’t be real, yet, here he was. No one knew. “No... You can’t be real. This can’t be real. Go away!”
“Why...?” His skin was starting to peel off, his face descending. His voice became desperate. "Eylinn? Where am I? Help me! What have you done my sweet daughter?" Eylinn covered her mouth, and her knees were growing weaker. Light seemed to be abandoning her. She was screaming.

"Stop it! Stop this cruel joke! How could you possibly have known?! This... Can't be real! Go away! Please! No more, Qylan! Stop this!" His skin was falling in chunks of meat, with blood and gore gushing from the wounds. His eyes popped, and the nose ripped apart by an unknown force. She could bare it no more. Throwing herself from her feet, she leaped towards Galimon’s face and reached to grab what would have been his collar. "Father! Don't go!" But his face had vanished. She stayed on her knees, gasping for air. An eerie cold was spreading through her body, and squeezed around her heart. She knew not where to focus her gaze. Her chest was convulsing, chipping for air through her sadness. "Qylan! Please! What have you done to him?! How did you even know? Answer me! Stop it!" But he did not answer. Instead, an unnatural laughter was infesting her ears. Insidious, it rang through her head.

I seeeee you...” Her Light was flickering, as it feared the voice itself. “Qylan is mine... Whore...” Eylinn’s breathing stopped. Her skin turned paler than it already was, but her cheeks and ears they burnt. Whatever it was, It knew her.

“No... I shut you up.” But she realised it wasn’t her mind. It was something else in its entire. “I am... no... whore...” She turned around, but there was nothing there. “What are you?” The laughter continued.

Whore...” It kept saying. “Murderer...” It knew everything. “I see the Darkness in you... I see it all...” She closed her eyes, but it was as if there were no lids. She couldn’t escape it.

“You’re lying... I’m no... Stop it... You know nothing. Give Qylan back, you monster.”

"I am coming for you Eylinn... I am coming for you all. My time has come. The world is mine." The rage started to build up inside of her. No longer numb, she responded in kind.

“Give him back... I will learn how. And when I do, then I shall find you." Her eyes turned to glass, a face dead of emotion. "I will learn how to bring him back to the Light. And you will have known better to ever creep from whatever crevice you slithered from, and your impurity will wash away." She hissed. “Give... Him... Back...”

Great jaws appeared from the nothingness and rushed forward to swallow her. She stared at it, bracing for impact as it dissipated into nothing while the laughter echoed in the void. She was flung back and suddenly stood there, looking at the stone in her hands. It had turned black. She fell backwards, only barely caught by Alvon who took her in his arms. She was exhausted, and her head was aching like she had never felt before. In a sudden twitch, she turned around and vomited straight on the floor.

“By the Light... Did you see him?” She was panting.
“No...” She told him the tale, rose up, and lied down on the bed. “I’m so fucking tired of this...”
“No doubt.” He may have become more understanding, but he was still the same old man of few words.

“We will go to that conference. We will enjoy that feast like it was our last. That’s an order.” Alvon raised an eyebrow. “And we must tell them of the Dark One. There are no more pressing matters than saving those he enslaved. Imagine every single moment of your existence, doomed to live through what was only a few minutes now.” She was not crying. She was proud of herself. “Send a message to Armas family. Tell them what he died to defend them from. I don’t care if it’s sentimental, nonsensical, dumb...”

“I will send it.” It went without saying what they wouldn’t tell the world about. Her secrets were secrets for a reason, and she would never let her father’s memory be tainted by her failures. But they needed to know the influence the Dark One had seeded into his victims, and of his threats. She would not be heading home after all. She would finally go see Azeratii, the place where her kin had been traded for so long, but now wasn’t. And she was going to enjoy it, before she could joy no more.

Last edited:
The Dark Exodus Part I

battle-march-2.jpg

As Zephfer and his son Zephfan returned home with their army, whom has also turned into Dark Elfs due to Zephfer's dark influence which turned them into the new Dark Elfs. As Zephfer drew ever closer to Balen Don the dark magic started to flow through the lands which were once freed from such influence long ago by the Elven hero of the light, Zephfer felt that he was truly at home like his entire life was nothing but a fake until now, and he is no longer blinded by the light but now he is protected by the darkness and now he moves to bring forth his darkness towards the rest of his people of Berandreil.

Two days later

Zephfer and Zephfan arrived at Balen Don castle, everyone cheered for their return home but within a few hours no one would realize what will happen until it is too late. The two Dark Elfs reached the throne room where Zephfa, Zephfer's daughter sat on the throne next to their champion. She jumped up with joy and ran to her father and brother but as she drew near them, she started to feel that something was amiss. She started to step back but it was too late, as she started to feel the influence from both of them. Zephfan stayed quiet and stood their as Zephfer drew closer to his daughter.

Zephfer:"Whats wrong my daughter? It's just me and your brother, now come and give your father a hug!.

Zephfa:",,,,,,N...no! You are not my father yo..you are a servant of darkness my father would never be such a thing!"

Zephfer:"You are wrong my dear daughter, you may not know it but you are already a servant of darkness as you are a Dark Elf like me and your brother and we serve the darkness. Just like our ancestors before the light killed King Melekith of the Dark Elfs years ago, now give in and submit to your true nature!"

Zephfa:"No....no...I cant...I..I must...Fight....Fi-....."

Zephfa's body started to change and within minutes she became an Dark Elf.

Zephfa:"I serve thee father may you lead the Dark Elfs into a new age!"

Zephfer was pleased that his father gave in and then gave a look to his champion, his champion seemed to have turned at the same time as Zephfa so he also gave his allegiance to Zephfer without resistance. Zephfer walked to his throne and then sat in it, he looked to his children and back to his champion.

Zephfer:"This is a new age a new age of Darkness to thrive within the elven race, we are the only ones of our race to see the true face of the light and reject it and forever we shall cover the land into a shroud of Darkness. But sadly this time we cannot do it here, we must move our forces and our people to the Haunted Forest as after the events of the Golden City me and the Orc are branded as traitors to the so called Light and we will be targeted quickly. So prepare the troops and spread the Dark Elfs influence through Berandreil before we leave here and if anyone resists you kill them as an example for traitors to the Dark, as for us we shall go to find a new home in the Haunted Forest Zephfan will stay behind to lead our troops and people on an exodus to move our people to our new home once word has been given."

Zephfer and his forces prepared for the conversion and exodus of their people.

To the High Elder of Mirrorwater,

In recognition of the good you have done for the people of Mirrorwater I would appoint you as Master of the province, provided you swear fealty to me. This is done with a heavy heart as the sole heir has rejected the realities of the times and refused to accept the sacrifice made by my people to save his and swear his fealty. If you accept the position then simply send a letter in response and then make your way to the conference in Azeratii. We shall formalize the promise of fealty there. I hope to begin work with you in the near future.

A letter is passed to Lady Larien

My Lady,

I thank you very much for your kindness, not only for bestowing upon me the title of Master and lordship of Mirrorwater, but also for vanquishing the Nord threat. I am truly humbled and gratefully accept the honor you present to me. I am waiting patiently for the Nords of Kalare to open the Hold to the rest of the province, and when they do as promised, I shall venture to Azeratti forthwith to swear fealty to you in person.

Your humble servent,
Elder Nion of Unidon

A letter is sent to Elron

It seems you do not wish to abide by the decision made by the lords who liberated Mirrorwater. So be it, Elder Nion of the province of Mirrorwater has sworn fealty and has been awarded the title of Master of Mirrorwater, vassal state to the Thera of Coamenel. Your claim is null and void.

Should you try to exercise your illegal claim on the lands of Mirrorwater you will face severe repercussions. I am sorry that you would not accept our protection, and instead chose to spit in the face of the men who died to ensure your freedom from those who only wished to exploit and abuse you. Take solace in the fact that your people will be safe from the scourge of war that you and your family were unable to protect them from. For they are now citizens of Coamenel and shall enjoy our protection and trade.

sun-2-xxl.png

Lady Larien of Coamenel,

By what right do you think to declare my rightful claim on Mirrorwater null and void? Is Mirrorwater a dejure province of the Thera of Coamenel? Has all sense left you in your grief for your lost Lord-Husband?

You have no authority over Mirrowater and no authority over the succession of the province. You are not the Queen of Galadriel! We suffered a surprise attack unexpectedly from across the Rill. Mine own uncle and his sons gave their lives for the defense of the Hold. Was their sacrifice such a crime that you would rob their bloodline, the line of heroes, a rightful claim on the Province? This is madness and this is folly and not inkeeping with the conduct of a Lord of Light!

What if the Nord's sailed further west instead of crossing the Rill, what if they landed on your shores? Can you safely say you could withstand their surprise assault? Had you not, would you bow to a foreign protector and proclaim them your lord? I say it is misfortune to lose to a surprise attack, and weakness to bend the knee to a conqueror who claims to be a protector with a honeyed tongue.

Mirrorwater belongs to my house. I seek the aid of the Lords of Light in righting this wrong.

~ Elron of Mirrowater, Master in Exile, Rightful Ruler of Mirrorwater