• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((yup... seems a plot kept your army at bay. ;)))

((I guess I didn't realize that blowing the pass would also not allow my quarantine force through.

Also, there's gunpowder now? Awesome.

war_machine_dwarf.jpg
))

IC:I'm loathe to point fingers at such a time, but I feel obliged to observe that if Emir Saladin had honored our arrangement, turning over the dwarf-built forts to us, the pass would have remained open, and 2500 dwarven heavy infantry would have been on hand to keep the corpus from spreading into your lands.

As things stand, I am announcing a total blockade on all travel between Kongansunan and Hroniden until the situation is contained.

An elven messenger bursted into the throne room, Armas was sure that if the doors had not been open the messenger would have ran right through them.

“Master, the corpus outbreak has spread from the Dune Sea. Our armies enforcing the quarantine have been annihilated; High Priest Fëanáro Anárion is dead.”

Armas rose form his throne and his face turned red with anger, “What!?! There were supposed 16,000 men enforcing the quarantine, how did this happen!?!”

The messenger tried to carry on with his message, “My Lord, it seems that Emir Saladin decided to declare war on Tirath. He lured their troops away by asking for aid with the quarantine, then attacked with his entire army, none were sent to aid the joint force. Not only that, but Master Deagrin heard that he planned to attack and asked for the northern lands. In response Saladin blocked off the mountain passes, stopping Burntbeard’s army form joining the quarantine. All together at least 6,500 troops failed to arrive at the quarantine.”

Armas had sat back down to hear this. He was shocked, how could a man put his personal ambition above the good of the realm? More quietly, Armas said, “Saladin must be punished, there is no way around that, but for now we must stop the horde from reaching the Golden City.”

“Gunther von Saxon is rallying all of the troops in the realm to make a stand against the horde before they can reach the Golden City. He asks that you send your army to assist him.”

“Inform him that the elven armies shall march towards the Golden City, but that the joint army must maintain surveillance of the horde at all times. I won’t have my army protecting the Golden City while Galadriel is being attacked.”

Armas sighed and retired for the night. He would need to rally his armies at dawn and begin riding for the Golden City soon if he wished to get there in time to help the joint army. Armas walked into his room and saw Larien, his lovely wife. He explained to her that he was needed at the Golden City and that she would have to rule in Coamenel, but he did not tell her why, she would only worry if he did.

People of the Assembly!The Corpus infection can indead as it names indicate,infect corpses.With the recent developments in land technology,I offer the brightest dwarven minds and ask all others to send their brightest minds to the Library of the Golden City to create a weapon that can,as the ancient stories and prophecies foretold,throw fire.Or we can burn the infected.This is our only last chance.
We are also willing to fight Emir Saladin and enforce Sanctions,unless he is willing to compensate Master Deagrin,turn over the northen areas to Deagrin and send troops to fight Corpus.I urge all others to do so.
((What happened to the quest))

People of the Assembly!The Corpus infection can indead as it names indicate,infect corpses.With the recent developments in land technology,I offer the brightest dwarven minds and ask all others to send their brightest minds to the Library of the Golden City to create a weapon that can,as the ancient stories and prophecies foretold,throw fire.Or we can burn the infected.This is our only last chance.

((What happened to the quest))

((Bishop is working on the update.))

((I think he said it will go up tomorrow.))

It seems like a waste of time to try to create such a weapon, the horde will be at the Golden City before it can be created, much less mass produced. I think a better plan would simply be to gather oils and alcohols for the joint army. These flammable liquids can be used by cavalry to surround the horde in fire. A much more simple and quicker solution. In fact, such a plan could even be used to force the horde to go where we wish, allowing us to choose the place of battle and plan ambushes.

((I think he said it will go up tomorrow.))

It seems like a waste of time to try to create such a weapon, the horde will be at the Golden City before it can be created, much less mass produced. I think a better plan would simply be to gather oils and alcohols for the joint army. These flammable liquids can be used by cavalry to surround the horde in fire. A much more simple and quicker solution. In fact, such a plan could even be used to force the horde to go where we wish, allowing us to choose the place of battle and plan ambushes.

I'm entirely willing to devote resources to developing new weapons to combat the horde. However for the immediate future we should rely on conventional siege weaponry as a method of delivering incendiary ammunition. With the revival in magic, it might be possible to rediscover the lost art of golem-building. Golems, not being living creatures, are immune to the effects of the corpus.

The armies of Kogansunan will march to block the advance of the undead against the golden city. Up to 4500 dwarven infantry will form the wall of steel that shall stop this taint from spreading.

dwarfnf9.jpg

A sworn shield of house Deagrin

I'm entirely willing to devote resources to developing new weapons to combat the horde. However for the immediate future we should rely on conventional siege weaponry as a method of delivering incendiary ammunition. With the revival in magic, it might be possible to rediscover the lost art of golem-building. Golems, not being living creatures, are immune to the effects of the corpus.

The armies of Kogansunan will march to block the advance of the undead against the golden city. Up to 4500 dwarven infantry will form the wall of steel that shall stop this taint from spreading.
We are also willing to send the rest of our 2800 men in the army to form a joint army with the rest to fight off or atleast stall the undead until our brightest minds can create such weapons.Up to then I agree with the statement we use oil and alchocolics to drive the corpus horde where we want.

The ambassador looked around the assembly with cold, calculating eyes. His instructions in the case of a break through the quarantine was vague. With the champion held up in Green Chasm, and his mistress off to capture the necromancer, he was left to make a decision on how to speak much based on his own interpretation.

"With this deception from the desert, and the Norse inside our forest, effectively controlling the river mouth to the sea, the armies of Green Chasm will remain where they are. Unless the Norse and the desert men lend at least the majority of their troops to stop the Corpus, no aid shall be seen from our part. Our Mistress is out, risking her life for the good of this realm, hunting the very necromancer that ought to be responsible for all this. But you cannot ask us to lend even further assistance while leaving our own borders so open to dishonest men and slavers."

Kvothe kalare get up to speak:
-regretfully I have not information at the moment about what amount of troops i have available to send as the army in elves land engage Mirrorwater troops last time i got a letter from ther, and now 1000 have gone missing with no one knowing were they went, But i can assure you that as sooon i get letter from my lands about how many troops are available i will move them to defend GC , we are not as selfish as you think my dear elf.

Siege of Mirrorwater

The Lord of Mirrorwater watched over his city as his banners snapped in the cool morning breeze. The snows had melted and First Seed was now here. His people should be tending the fields and sowing crops, instead they were shivering in fear as Arl Kvothe of Kalare and his army camped outside the city walls.

The Elf lord looked down at a parchment he held in his hands. He had read it already a hundred times, and knew by heart what it had said. Yet, it came to him, that if he would but read it one more time, the letters might change, and message might lift his heavy soul. It was a letter from his envoy in the Assembly. A month ago, an outbreak of Corpus, as horrible as it sounds, was his only hope for relief. The prospect of the Nords and Elves banning together to battle this new threat promised to see the end of the war on his Province. As the weeks wore on, it became clear that that would not be the case. His eyes fell on the letter again. "Please... Light change these words..."

My Lord.... We have been forsaken!

The elf lord sighed. The call of war trumpets rang out from beyond the walls, followed by the shouts and cries of his people. With a hand on his sword hilt, the Elf Lord walked down to his people, so that they may join the Creator together.

einherjar_1056430.jpg

Victory!

Arl Kvothe of Kalare has Conquered the Elf Province of Mirrorwater!

4100/4600 Troops Remain

It is expected that Kvothe of Kalare will press the Assembly for a Jarl's Crown
next Assembly

15 Gold Chests Awarded!

House Kalare Garrison Added in Mirrorwater!

House Kalare now has a claim on Mirrorwater
by right of Conquest!​

"My Lord"said the diplomat.
"What is it!Bad news again!?"exlaimed angrily Master Urist Wonorm
"Oh...eh..."
"Go on"said Wonorm
"It is believed that the number of people inflicted with Corpus are rising.There have been reports that the hordes of madmen are being organised by someone of their own kind"said the diplomat
"And?"
"We have reasons to believe that someone might have somehow avoided getting his mind corrupted by the Corpus disease and is organising a strike on the Mountainhomes"."Furthermore..."continued the diplomat
"What is it again"interrupted him Wonorm
"There have been more and more sightings of Goblin armies fighting with the hordes.Such organised manner of fighting has not been seen in the Goblins since centuries.We believe a cheftain has begun organising the Goblin tribes in Highathar."
"He must be really strong to do that"exclaimed Wonorm
"That's what we are afraid of"explained the diplomat

There are rumours in the Assembly of Lords that the Corpus diseased are being organised somehow by a decayed Lord and are planning a raid on the Mountainhomes.

((Hope you don't mind Bishop,I thought it would make the whole issue more spicy :p))

The Insufferable Dead​

Quest to Purge Necromancy in Highathar​

The snow was thick in the air when our heroes departed the Golden City, trekking across country across the snowy fields of Ecclestius. Their journey was comfortable as Inns along the way played host to our Champions as their quest drew ever nearer. Most had fought together against the Rieklings and Wraith of Mount Kistair, and a bond of brotherhood in arms had begun to take root in these men, men whom in another time and place, may be enemies. Our heroes discussed who this Necromancer may be, whether he be a fallen elf, a twisted man, or something else all together, perhaps even the Vampire Lord as foretold in the Maegi Prophecy. Despite the comforts of the Inns along their road, little sleep was to be had for our brave party.

Winter had gave way to spring as our heroes reached Highathar. The roads now were eerily quiet as they wound up the twisted mountain paths in search of the ominously named Fallen Fortress, home to the Necromancer. All around them, signs of Corpus could be found. Abandoned villages, half eaten corpses, and livestock, and everywhere, warning signs hammered to trees warning villagers to run and hide. There was no doubt, Corpus had befallen Highathar.

Despite the foreboding signs, their journey was safe. That is until they reached a long snaking cave, said to be an old hero's burial site, the cavern had a history of being haunted. The Champions had little choice, but to enter the cavern as it was the only route to the Fallen Fortress.

As they stepped into the darkness, our heroes felt the cold presence of Dark tingling up their spines. Hands unseen clawed at their limbs and invisible mouths moaned in their ears. Finally, when the Champions thought they could take no more, a form began to take shape before them. It was an old man, his eyes sad and his mouth grim, a large scimitar in his hand.

necromancer.jpg

"The dead do not suffer the living... begone!" Wailed the voice of the old man, shrill and cold.

"You will suffer us!" Cried Fel Jekk, squeezing his axe in his hands taking a step toward the man. "Where is your master?"

The old man's eyes, grey and lifeless, didn't seem to see Jekk, only look through him. "The dead do not suffer the living... Begone, or join us!"

With that the arm of the old man began to grow with a sickly corpse light, undead burst from the ground of the cavern and attacked the party. Warriors of old, now made to serve the Dark, clawed and bit at the Champions of Light. Araris Valarian swung his sword with all his might, decapitating a throng of dead rotted men. He did not see a large man, face rotted and eaten by graveworms, crawl out of a crevice behind him, and pull him in. The screams of Valerian were heard as the rest of the party fought on, unable to pin point where the doomed man was.

Master Deagrin Burntbeard swung a heavy hammer down upon the old man, but his scrawny physique betrayed the true power hidden there, and the old man was able to turn the hammer with his mighty scimitar, and dance limberly around the stout Dwarve. Bagamu Goi'Orka swung a heavy two handed sword at a large corpse, the red eyes feral with hunger. By the time he snuffed out those crazed red eyes and looked up, the Orc Champion saw Deagrin Burntbeard's head come cleaved clean off his head.

With a deep war cry Arnulf Redbeard, Arl of Stronghelm, charged into the old man, but the figure was near impossible to hit. His body seemed to meld into the rock of the cavern, only to turn and break the blades of our heroes. With a shattered sword, Arnulf cursed and pulled a dagger out of his belt. The old man emerging from the rock with his scimitar flashing through the black cavern air. Galdor Oranor, the elven hero from Galadriel intercepted the scimitar with his sword just before it sunk into the Nordic Arl. The old mans grey eyes only looked at the Elf and Man before him.

"The dead do not suffer the living!"

With a flash of Dark, a black pulse emitted out from the old man and threw Redbeard and Galdor to the ground, where they were pulled down into the earth by grey rotten hands, to eternally sleep with the dead.

"We have to get out of here" hollered Atarian Krestarii, not seeing the eight foot tall corpse just behind him.

Najim Al-Din, swornsword of Emir Saladin was on him in a flash, quickly slicing the arms of the beast clean off before slicing his head from his shoulders. "Out!!! Out now!!! Go, I got the exit!" The deep blackness set into the cave, the only thing visible was the grey lifeless eyes of the old man as they moved closer to the Hronidian. He heard his party shuffle past him, running as for daylight as they escaped the cave. Just before those grey eyes could swallow him up, Najim Al-Din followed his companions and escaped.

DEFEAT!

Ararian Valerian has died!

Deagrin Burntbead had died!

Arnulf Redbeard of Stronghelm has died!

Galdor Oranor has died!

The Champions of Light have failed to capture the Necromancer!​

WITH CORPUS THREATENING THE REALM , ALL DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS ARE HEREBY CANCELLED! AN EMERGENCY SESSION OF THE ASSEMBLY OF LORDS IS CALLED! ALL RULERS ARE TO CONVENE AT THE IMPERIAL PALACE IN THE GOLDEN CITY TO DISCUSS HOW BEST TO COMBAT THIS THREAT! THE DOORS WILL BE OPEN ON THE 19th OF LAST SEED, 1000 YEAR OF THIS AGE.

((Doors of the Assembly will be open tomorrow, announced by me. Shitty rolls gentlemen, shitty, shitty rolls. In the meantime, some of you have laws of succession to invoke, as some rulers, vassals, and champions have died. Please update your sign up posts, and include an epitaph of your fallen rulers and champions, if you like. If you need to bring in a new ruler, you may select a new trait. I will be back here soon to begin the Assembly meeting. IC the results of the last turn if your bored, i will be here soon to get the Assembly going -I'm thinking we shall have to reform the Golden Army, and elect a general out of one of you to lead it.))

Kvothe Kalare stand up:
-Gentleman calm down I have received new from the north. The siege of mirrorwater has ended with the city falling and now is entirely on my indisputable possession. In this letter i am informed too that no major saking and killing happened after the city fell as Kalerus Antillus wanted to avaoid needlessly slaughter.( many Nord began to applaud and talk excitedly meanwhile the few elf present looked sick)

I am inform too that the missing 1000 Kalare soldiers location. I t appears my orders were confusing, and instead of distpatching the troops to the quarantine they were send to fight in mirrorwater, for this apologize to the present lord but at the same time am relive as the men were found and will be available to fight the undead, its my believe that this was done by the creator himself to avoid their dead in the failed quarantine. and for this an thank him. These men surely will fight bravely again the undead soon enough.

--the door suddenly opened and a messenger give a note to Kvothe.....his face went pale as he read it: My dear lords the quest have fail...and not only that it has been an slaughter 5 champions have fall including my good friend the Erl of stronghelm and master deagrin. My very good friend Araris Valerian ( and my champion) fought valiantly but ultimately was slain by the undead horror too.

---Araris was a good man, loyal to Kalare city and a good friend, he left a family of 5 without a father and a widow, i will support them from now on. He was champion for many years in the Kalare arena and was renown for his physical power. Few can say they have fought true evil and survived but he could claim it after slaying the Under King Wraith in Mount Kalaris, regretfully he could not do this feat again and fell against the undead horror of the Necromancer. We shall murn him and make him a local hero in Kalare city as he very much deserve it

With this i inform to the lords present that the entirely of the Kalare forces will move to stand in defense of the Golden city, lets hope that tomorrow in the official opening of the next lord session everyon can cooperate as if we dont we shall become one more of the many in the undead horde.

Kvothe Kalare then stop talking and went to slepp as he surely would de unable to do so, soon enough.

Last edited:
A young man in cloak of ermine fur, with a short black beard and cold grey eyes, stands up. His face is a grimace of grief now. He looks at his vassals and servants, who assembled in the Stronghelm Citadel - and begins to speak:

- My dear father, a true champion of Light, has died, fighting a vile necromancer. He has always been a knight and died a knight. Now he is in Valhalla, surrounded by his old friends and his ancestors, the noble Kings of Norseland. Now he drinks mead and jokes with his battle camerades -and we must follow in his steps, protect Light and avenge his murder.

I, Arnulf II "the Young" , the Erl of Stronghelm, pledge, that that I will see this evil warlock dead. He will pay with blood for killing Arnulf Redbeard. And I hope that the Assembly will in some way honor men, who valiantly died, fighting such an enemy.

From this moment I rule Stronghelm and will keep working for the good of Norseland. I appoint Sir Aethelwolf Karre, the Knight of Karreholm, as my new Champion. Now you may go. I need some time to mourn.

"Fel Jekk served us and the Creator well.He will be remembered together with Rythr Sonn as heroes of the modern dwarven civilisation of the future times.If such times with civilisation exist.I appoint Fel Gram as my Master's new vassal according to dwarven inheritance laws.We also would like to recall our statement of sending only 2800 men.We will send EVERYTHING to combat the mad scourge,be it money,food or army.We will also mobilise our whole population and put them to guard the city from the percieved organised Mad Army,as it came to be.May the Creator and Kilmorph bless us.We ask for the Council the freedom to try and open a gate to the astral plane to get soul warriors of Kilmorph to help us on our journey.Such Portal however needs a powerful magical vessel,and our ruler,Urist Wonorm,is willing to sacrifice himself to open a gate to the Astral Realm of Mother Nature.
May the Creator bless us all,for we need him"
-Urist Ambassador adressing the Assembly of Lords

News reached Ra'Gru of the multiple defeats across the land, it saddened him but was expected. During the last weeks Ra'Gru had organized an evacuation of the city and with the recent reports of the plague he decided to begin it. He marched out of Goi'Orka with his 5000 men and 20,000 slaves and began marching into the mountains towards the border.

Emir Asad was in the Assembly of Lords when Kamal, his champion, returned from the quest. He already knew that the quest was a failure but was glad to see his champion alive. It was the one spot of brightness in the darkness.

Emir Asad now speaks to the Assembly.
To the other lords, I now speak only for myself. I admit that I had intended to take Tirath along with Emir Saladin. I've done many things in my life that I've regretted. I want you all to remember that these events have happened in the past. I have no intention of begging for mercy or anything like that from the Assembly. For those who have lost someone, I feel your pain too. Not only because some of my people have been consumed by Corpus, but also because I am partially responsible for the rash actions at Tirath.

On other terms, I will use ALL of my soldiers in order to defend the Golden City. The only thing I have left is my life, and I'm willing to give that up in order to stop any threat to the Golden City.
Emir Asad sits back down.

Last edited: