Forum error message "Your content can not be submitted."

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Milchshakee

Corporal
30 Badges
Aug 30, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello,

I'm trying to create a post to share a tool I made for EU4 to the community.
However, I'm not allowed to post since I'm getting this error message:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I'm only active on reddit, so I might be an untrusted user in the paradox forums.
However, my account is linked to Steam and I have clocked in 100s of hours in EU4 using this account, so I'm not a spambot :(

Is there anything I can do?

There are restrictions around posting links and images for new accounts for spambot prevention/deflection. These will be removed automatically based on post count, however please don't spam. I'm sure there are plenty of threads you can contribute to!

We don't make the exact limits public to make sure the protection works as well as possible :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I'm trying to create a post to share a tool I made for EU4 to the community.
However, I'm not allowed to post since I'm getting this error message:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I'm only active on reddit, so I might be an untrusted user in the paradox forums.
However, my account is linked to Steam and I have clocked in 100s of hours in EU4 using this account, so I'm not a spambot :(

Is there anything I can do?

I know the whole Paradox system is flawed.

For one, the message isn't informative, it should say something like; "New users are not allowed to post links to the forum. Please remove the links or wait until you have enough forum credit." And the system won't even allow you to quote posts that have links. So, you have to look at the quoted content and remove the links. Crazy, I've never seen a system this poorly designed.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am also currently having trouble posting in the stellaris suggestions forum
The reply I am trying to post is 10 lines of pure text (no links, images or anything weird), yet when I try I get an error message:
Oops! We ran into some problems.

• 1Like
Reactions:
sure would be cool to be allowed to participate in this community without arbitrary and secret limitations

pretty insane to block paying customers from utilizing your platform

literally giving no other option than to spam to try and find this moronic and secret limitation

pants-on-head stupid

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm also having the same issue, my post is just text and a spoiler tag (surely that's allowed?)
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The error message leaves me with more questions than answers?
What elements are inappropriate?
How is my content spam like?
How do I get in touch with an administrator? When I found an admin I clicked on his or her profile and it said it was hidden, should I open a support ticket instead?
Do I just get in touch with a moderator instead?

I can see what this feature is trying to do but it's not very well executed.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yup, I just started an AAR, published an entire chapter without a problem, passed four hours writing the second one and now I can't publish it. Sweeeet.

Reactions:
Reactions: