• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the shadow of great political changes group of engineers consisting Charkov Factory Design Bureau moved to much more peaceful Minsk, and established design bureau in the tractor factory over there. After the annexation treaty Minsk was officially polish territory, and Minsk Factory Design Bureau started to compete for government contracts. It had similar area of expertise to PZInz, namely armored vehicles, but much more skill.
minskdesign.jpg

War was an opportunity for German fascists to reemerge, as control eased. As Poland democratized, various political movements gained significance. So there was critical question: can we allow fascist parties to function? The point about freedom of speech was obvious. But then, can we grant freedom of speech to the organization with clear intentions of eradicating freedom of speech? Can we allow democratic process lead to the dictatorship?
On this not easy question the answer Polish politicians gave was “no”. Ignacy Moscicki said in the Parliament before final voting: You can be free, as long as you intend to be free.
bijhitlera.jpg

Following that decision political right lost some ground, and leftists felt stronger. From the beginning of 1944 Poland could be considered liberal country. To strengthen this trend conformism no longer was publicly desired stance – now liberal freedom of thought and action was promoted. Apart of moral considerations it was substantial for including people of occupied lands into political, and economical effort. More individual freedom was a kind of substitute for less political freedom.
nowyrzd.jpg

And this caused less control, including economic behavior. Poland became more Free Market oriented in the course of the next year. Some good consequences followed.
privateinitiative.jpg

Moving towards political left allowed also for a change in the Chief of Staff chair. It was taken by Tadeusz Bor-Komorowski, the proponent of People’s War, unified struggle of all classes and ethnicities against common enemy. Only this man was able to awoke necessary enthusiasm and bring volunteers to the army. It was a shame political situation prevented him to take this position earlier.

As Warsaw was the capital of world power, it was decided it must be appropriately big center of science and industry – for now it was smaller even in comparison to occupied Berlin. Infrastructure and industry projects were started, a rocket test site was already built.

Polish military designs became better and better every month, much because of computers support. In this field Poland was probably world leader, leaving other Allies hopelessly behind. Yet USA was big unknown in this matter.
comuters.jpg

Although victory upon USSR made Polish position safe, political planners still looked for opportunities to improve it. To find some excuse for attacking own neighbors propaganda and spying were funded. Surprisingly easily Poland convinced international public about “fascist treat” Austria posed. It was a masterpiece of cynical disinformation, as Austria was small, and surrounded by stronger countries.
wehavesucceed.jpg

Poland decided to leave Allies and to form new alliance with Russia and Ukraine. Especially Russia was a big asset – although it still did not recover from the war fully, it was already major world power and it was determined to take back Archangielsk, Vladiwostok, and Murmansk.
russiamr.jpg

To the dismal of Polish politicians Estonia and Latvia, presumably protectorates, decided they will stay neutral. It was wise political decision, as those countries had nothing to gain from war – yet among Polish public there was cry of “betrayal”. Iceland wasn’t invited – with no army at all it would just endanger itself.
otwaniewalczy.jpg

Austria had over 40 divisions, probably conscious of its political isolation, yet it didn’t help a lot. Poland declared war at 19 March 1945, with the slogan of “eradicating fascism” – quite unsettling for Italy. No sophisticated tactics were used, sheer numbers and tanks assault sufficed to break resistance of courageous Austrian soldiers.
annexl.jpg

Last edited:
wow , how did i miss so many updates?

anyway, nice job, to bad allies wherent as efficient as you - good reason for leaving them!

but im surprized you took sounth republics without caucasus, and you took rather modes territories in your frontier :p

only 155ic? i bet you dont have all ten tech teams working yet...

any ideas on what to do with lithuanians?

Aw holy crap I forgot about this AAR, well its reading time.

That are some major things! First USSR down, now the relocation of tech teams and people, with the creation of new states...shifting of alliances. Soon enough the war will be back against the western Allies. What about USA and Japan? Do you think in the future that the Ukraine will be annexed back into Russia again?

Tim

@Timmie
I think Ukraine will stay independent. First of all there were really strong nationalist tendencies in the time. It can alleviate the grievance of Western Ukraine being annexed by Poland.
Second, they work really hard to prove they're worthy - they produce fine infantry, and I'll use it.

USA do nothing, but producing good army. They have around 200 effective IC. I really want to deal with them last. I will avoid landing in America as long, as it will be possible. Of course I want to eradicate them - they're much stronger, than Poland, I can't allow them to exist.

Japan has been beaten heavily by Nationalist China, they still defend Korea. As their belligerence is 0 now I can't attack them (I would have done this instead of annexing Austria). Soon I'll have other problems, so they will probably only loose Korea.
I would welcome them in my alliance (they are still Paternal Autocrat), but nobody wants to join my alliance. It's really depressing.:) Even +200 relations don't change anything.

@Deus Eversor
I can't attack anyone I want, and Lithuania is not worth of heavy money for spy campaign. Also, it's them who want Wilno, and I want nothing from them. They will stay.
I've taken some of central Asia - the part that doesn't revolt:) They are apparently indifferent which country they live in, so let it be Poland.
Those tech teams I took from Germany and USSR - IG Farben and Charkov Factory Design Bureau really boosted my research. It would be fun to find, if I could do without them. But also it was fun to take some German technological prowess for myself, so I'm glad I took them.

buuu but lithuania is rightful part of Poland... :( we only had this much because only this much was seized by uprizing forces of lithuanian poles (aka our commandos)... how worse is rejoining of lithuania to motherland than seizing milions of square km and milions of peoples who never even heard of Poland... :(