• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nice AAR, belgium is always a good nation to play with

EDIT: post 1000 :D

Act IV: Homeland lost :(

After two serious defeats at our defensive line, we use our last opportunity to redeploy to our port province, where two transport ships will take us safely to Dover.

retrteat.jpg

Soon the Germans have taken all of our European provinces. We now wait for Portugal to be called to arms, so that we would be able to conquer their colonies in Africa. We've got 2 divisions in our colonies. They're ready.

Looks like it's good we took England as a safe place instead of France. They're losing. This is the situation in June 27, 1939.

27jne.jpg

One week later Paris fell. We can only wait.

So, can we have a tally of your forces at this point?

So, can we have a tally of your forces at this point?

Whats your leadership/IC/supplies etc. state's now? Any chance of sending those divisions to the colonies while you wait for the germans to redploy etc. ?

IC is 9, Supplies 800, LS 2.88, 0 manpower.
I've got 2 armored cars, 34 infantry brigades, 4 cavalry, 1 HQ and 3 motorised divisions.

V: Portugal

After realizing that we had enough divisions for a minor invasion, we transported the divisions in England to Gibraltar. Gibraltar will act as a base.
24th September Nat. Spain joins the Axis. Fortunately they're not called to arms.
3th October our forces are ready in Africa and Gibraltar.

5th October, 3:00 AM Portugal is called to arms. We are ready.
10th November France falls. Vichy France is created.

portuguese.jpg

Third day of December Portugal falls when they lose all of their European VP areas.

surrenderport.jpg

Eh wait. You hop over to Brittain, move to Gibraltar and take out Portugal.
Now, that is what I call surprising indeed. And it leaves me on the tip of my chair wanting to know what's next and moreover, if you will get the Fatherland back ;)

brilliant solution to the loss of Belgium - can we expect all those vine fields to be replaced by hops and the introduction of beer and frites to replace sardines on the menu as you install the full Belgian experience in Portugal?

Well, if Nat. Spain gets a CtA, we try to take their regions. Now we wait for Germans to move away. Then we'll reclaim Belgium and possibly France. Portugal gives us the ability to produce some troops.

Interesting strategy! Attack where you're least expected. :)

Do you get any IC form Portugal, considering that it's occupied. What's your occupation policy?

I haven't got time to check IC/change policies now, but i think i'll use the policy that gives only -25 IC or the one that gives -50 IC.

Well, seems a fair trade :)