• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iPudding

Recruit
34 Badges
Jan 11, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I'd love to see the addition of a decision available to Great Britain to form the United Kingdom. This would take the form of a simple cosmetic name change, similar to that of the Caliphate or the Kingdom of God.

Historically, this occurred in 1801 with the Act of Union between Great Britain and Ireland, which was up until that point under a personal union. Therefore, this is just within the time scope of the game.

There must be a number of requirements that Great Britain must meet in order to form the United Kingdom. For this I'd simply suggest:
  • Being at peace
  • Having administrative technology 20 (or up to 26)
  • Owning every province on the British Isles
Hopefully, this is an idea worth considering for the next DLC, assuming it hasn't already been suggested.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Florence can form Tuscany and then Italy, same for Sicily and Naples forming the Two Sicilies and then Italy. This should be allowed also for the UK to exist as a formable.

While UK ideas should be similar to GB but instead focus more on expansionism (colonies and diplomacy).

Reactions:
I think it would be better to reward this as the end of a mission tree (similar as the hanse/lubeck)

I think it would be better to reward this as the end of a mission tree (similar as the hanse/lubeck)
That one kind of sucks though, it requires massive blobbing to do something you should really be able to do by conquering two provinces (Hamburg and Bremen). But tat's Paradox for you they only think there is one way to play this game.

If the United Kingdom is ever added to the game, this is the right way to do it. Historically, the UK was formulated as a more inclusive and tolerant successor to the Kingdom of Great Britain, not a substantially different nation.

I'd add a few additional requirements to make it a meaningful choice:

• The decision (or mission) can only be taken by Great Britain.
  • Great Britain must be a monarchy (as mentioned above already). It doesn't make sense for a kingdom to not be a monarchy.
  • Every province in the Britain region must be owned, cored, and part of a state.
  • No owned province in the Britain region can have separatism.
  • No owned province in the Britain region can have an unaccepted culture. (In other words, Britain must accept the Irish, Highlander, and Norwegian cultures or convert the British provinces with those cultures.)
  • Great Britain must have unlocked administrative technology 29: Rights of Man. (Great Britain is already an endgame tag that can be formed two centuries early; no need to buff it excessively.)
  • One of the following must be true: Great Britain must have completed Humanist Ideas; a nation other than Great Britain must be the revolution target AND the revolution target cannot be an ally or subject of Great Britain.
  • Great Britain cannot be revolutionary, must be at peace, and must have positive prestige and stability.
  • Great Britain must have a parliament. (The UK was the brainchild of Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger, not the monarchy, and he envisioned it as a compromise alternative to revolution. An enlightened absolutist or revolutionary Great Britain would represent something different than the historical UK.)

I'd suggest the following rewards:

• Name change but not tag change to the United Kingdom, as the OP suggested
  • +50 prestige
  • Empire rank (this would accept all British cultures and was an option weighed by George III's advisors, which he turned down)
  • Resistance to the revolution spreading in British provinces (I'll leave the details of this one to people more familiar with EU4's new revolution mechanics)