• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tsr-aph

Major
66 Badges
Mar 11, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
I'm currently playing a mega-campaign in which, in CK3 I formed the HRE and then went on to form Rome proper, starting as the king of Italy. When I converted to EU4 I went back to the HRE but I'm conflicted on what to do in EU4. I've revoked the privaliga already, so have the entire empire as my vassals, but I can either now slowly annex all the vassals to become the Roman empire, or take the final decision to unite the HRE proper. I think that if I become Rome, because I'll be removed from the HRE automatically, even as emperor that the HRE will be instantly destroyed. At which point I'll have vassal-magedon. But the slow burn to gradually unite all roman territories seems like a superior strategy to me in terms of gov cap.
1659709728588.png

1659709396105.png

In terms of what I need for Rome, I know it'll be a lot of wars with Spain and eventually England, but given that one of these is my ultimate aim, which should I aim for?

The decision to Restore the Roman Empire requires ownership of Iberia and lots of other other provinces that you don't currently control (e.g. London, Cairo). Have you checked the decision options currently available to you to confirm the requirements?

I believe there is a special way to form the Roman Empire from CK2 if you played as Byzantium before converting your same to EU4 but I think that is the only special case from CK2 and all other nations need to fulfil the usual province ownership requirements.

If you form Rome while Emperor with the Privilegia revoked, you won't be removed from the Empire, and then you can pas the last reform to form the HRE. But you'll need all of Italy, France, the Balkans, Anatolia, Iberia, Mesopotamia, some of Egypt, Tunis, Fez in Morocco, Wien in Austria, London and York from England and Zeeland from the Low Countries, so you'll have to integrate some of the vassals manually and conquer the lands you don't currently hold.

Reactions: