• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, formables mostly function as the reward for conquering your region totally. Then you go kick ass around the world with your huge country. So:

- Scandinavia
- United Baltic Duchy
- Gran Colombia
- La Plata
- Arabia
- Maghreb
- Danubian Federation
- East and West African empires
- United States of Central America
- India and Indian Empires
- Blobby Central Asia empire

• 3Like
Reactions:
South America Union, Indonesia, South Africa, Ethiopia(from images the area have a lot of minor nations), Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Israel, India, Australasia please

Reactions:
And don't forget the Achaemenid Empire!
*You must start as a rebel released one province minor inside Persia with the one zoroastrian pop causing the rebel uprising

• 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
There are nation forming mechanics, details will come at a later point!

• 28Love
  • 15Like
Reactions:
I think some people are confusing "formable" with "nation not on map at game start". For example Ireland or the CSA should not be "formable" by another nation, but should be allowed to rise through rebellion.

Reactions:
Probably the usual formables featured in CK-EU-HOI -- Scandinavia, HRE, Persia, India/Hindustan, Mongol Empire, PLC, Gran Colombia, Roman Empire..... And some Vic-era formables, like NGF/SGF/Germany, Yugoslavia, Ruthenia, Italy, CSA, French Empire, Soviet Union...

Balkan Federation.

For an in-depth overview of the pan-Balkanic federalist project in its different historical iterations (starting as early as the late 18th century with Rigas Feraios), the devs can read L. S. Stavrianos' Balkan Federation: A History of the Movement Toward Balkan Unity in Modern Times (1944), freely accessible on Internet Archive:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Something that I think may be interesting, though definitely more of a stretch goal, would be some attempt to model emerging nationalism.
Ex from one culture -> culture group -> geographic group depending on things like economic ties and colonization

ex an independent Sokoto surrounded by colonists may come to represent a Pan-Africanism, but alone probably wouldn't.

Or a strong Balkans with diplomatic ties may lead to a Balkan federation

this could also go in reverse with a weak Italy perhaps separating into a south Italian vs North Italian nationalism.

Something that I think may be interesting, though definitely more of a stretch goal, would be some attempt to model emerging nationalism.
Ex from one culture -> culture group -> geographic group depending on things like economic ties and colonization

ex an independent Sokoto surrounded by colonists may come to represent a Pan-Africanism, but alone probably wouldn't.

Or a strong Balkans with diplomatic ties may lead to a Balkan federation

this could also go in reverse with a weak Italy perhaps separating into a south Italian vs North Italian nationalism.
Dynamic Nationalism would be fun, not sure how well it'd be implemented but I'd be curious to see how it was implemented.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope some of them will be more like cosmetic tags, not formables. There are enough examples where tag better to stay the same, representing country evolutioninstead of forming truly new entity.
Austria -> Austria-Hungary -> Austria-Hungary-Slavia (Danubian Federation?);
Russia -> Slavia;
Greece -> Byzantium;
Possible Portugal-Brazil union may be here too.

I wonder how different could Italy look like depending on who and how forms it. Two Sicilies could ditch unification at all or create some very reactionary state, Rome can turn republican and say its liberal word, garibaldis can act on their own and draw you into crisis with attacked country. Germany and Italy nation buildings could be games on their own!