• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Big congratulations on your encirclement and defence of the Atlantik Wall. May your success continue!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Germany is doing shockingly well in the air.

Did Britain give their new Italian territories to the Kingdom of Italy, or are they just keeping the area?

Hungary's defection is bad news, but the line in the east appears to hold, which is good for you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Big congratulations on your encirclement and defence of the Atlantik Wall. May your success continue!
Thank you kindly! It shall, no stopping the Germans now.

Germany is doing shockingly well in the air.

Did Britain give their new Italian territories to the Kingdom of Italy, or are they just keeping the area?

Hungary's defection is bad news, but the line in the east appears to hold, which is good for you.
Germany is choosing its air battles very carefully ;)
Still, I'm not showing the bombing runs or minor fights, the Luftwaffe is still very much at a disadvantage numerically and technologically. Britain is keeping the Italian territories under occupation for now, and I hope I will be fast enough for them not to release them, as I have great plans for it. Hungary is expected to abandon me as soon as the Soviets come knocking, but admittedly this is one of the earliest dates on which I've seen them surrender. Hopefully it won't derail any plans irreparably ;)
Does Germany have the rizz to win this?
Do you?

Update coming

Chapter IIc

The Wehrmacht is again starting to look a little like the unstoppable force it once was. With the Allies in utter disarray, Hermann Göring decides to capitalize on their disorganization and send his Fallschirmjäger under Ferdinand Schörner to try and expedite the closing of an even larger encirclement. The men surely rejoice to be assigned to a mission with non-zero chances of success.

goring's finest hour.png

The Luftwaffe keeps mercilessly bombarding the encircled Americans in Eupen and Maastricht.

bradley bradleyed.png

Schörner's paratrooper corps reaches its destination and immediately commences combat with the already hard-pressed American tank division.

paras in mons.png

Dönitz and his submariners are in time to prevent a British landing attempt in Amsterdam. Sadly, the ships escape unscathed, as their radar allowed them to retreat in time.

donitz fuck em.png

On a less positive note, Hitler's hometown falls to an advancing American division. The Führer sheds a single tear.

hitler sheds a tear.png

Lenski's quickly-advancing mechanized formation is counterattacked in Sedan, but he decides not to cease his march. Other divisions are scrambling to assist him, and he is determined to exploit the gap in the Allied lines as much as possible, caution be damned.

lenski attacked.png

As such, he skillfully evades combat and finds refuge in the city of Reims.

lenski escapes.png

After a lengthy slog, von Rundstedt finally manages to break the resolve of the Americans in Maastricht. The battle was a slaughter, with almost 4 times as many casualties on the Allied side, despite the unsupported German infantry being the aggressor.

maastricht win.png

Heinz Guderian arrives in time with his panzer division to prevent the encirclement of Lenski, who keeps advancing to Paris undeterred by the minutiae of Allied attacks.

guderian lenskis bro.png

The British, following the Douglas Haigh school of military thought, attempt the exact same maneuver exactly the same way.

amsterdam again.png

This time, however, there will be no survivors to tell the tale.

doenitz w.png

doenitz nails.png

Demelhuber's infantry wrestles control of the immensely important port city of Antwerp from the retreating Americans.

antwerp win.png

Chancellor Hitler almost regrets the decision to abandon Austria as the news reached him of the new oil wells being discovered in Hollabrunn.

holabrunn oil.png

The combined arms assault on Mons finally succeeds.

mons taken.png

In an admirable display of audacity, Schörner orders his paratroopers to attack their American counterparts immediately despite their considerably greater numbers and technical equipment. The American retreat needs to be cut off!

schorner balls of steel.png

The assault on Eupen, raging since the beginning of the offensive, finally concludes with a German victory. Only Liege remains as a sole point of American resistance behind the German lines.

eupen.png

At the end of the maneuver, Germany stands considerably better than it did before. In less than two weeks, the balance of power in France was completely and utterly reversed. The Americans are facing the danger of destruction of their entire army in France, while they weren't able to inflict any serious damage to the Wehrmacht thought to be already defeated. With great power comes great complacency, or so it would seem.

west burning.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
Intermezzo
date.png

Here, I want to show off the situation Germany finds itself in at the onset of the new year. It has been a wild couple of weeks. Also pardon a double update of sorts, I felt like it doesn't warrant its own section and yet, I wanted to give an overview of sorts.
Diplomatically, we're still swimming in the sea of red, both literally and figuratively.

diplo map.png

The evacuation of the Courland pocket is underway. 21 divisions still remain trapped, and the Soviets still seem to be positioning for an attack. A good part of their force was redeployed away at some point before the taking of this screenshot, but I sadly didn't notice it. I am merely grateful for the fact they haven't decided to attack just yet.

courland.png

Our crown jewel, France. We are well underway to return it under the graceful management of Berlin, this time permanently. I have talked long and detailed enough about our adventures in the region in the previous updates, so there's not much more to say there. Coming updates will continue to focus on this theater of operations as well.

west.png

Our divisions trapped in Lorient and La Rochelle are still where they were at the onset of the campaign, unsurprisingly. If this pace of advance continues, they may even be rescued. However, it is not critical for us to do that.

sieges.png

Our sole remaining ally, Croatia, is preparing the last stand in its capital. Their loyalty is admirable, but alas, we aren't able to assist them at the moment. They are on their own.

croatia.png

The master plan behind the abandoning of Austria seems to be working as intended. The American motorized is speeding through our undefended land and snaking towards Czechia. I will admit it, it does take some reloads for this to happen, which makes this run somewhat luck based. On lower AI aggressiveness (or more luck, depending if the setting does anything), it is possible to halt the Soviets with less ground given and with fewer units, but I've found that having to man a border longer than 6 provinces with them results in inconsistent results. Luckily, the American division seems to be cooperating for now. Remains to be seen where it goes after Plzen.

snaking.png

Norway is and will remain a completely stationary front. Maybe they can be liberated later down the line to obtain some research bonuses for our nuclear program, but it's quite far down my priority list at the moment. The sense behind the decision requiring the entirety of Norway and not just the province where Vemork heavy water plan is eluding me, but alas, it is what it is.

norway.png

The losses taken by the belligerents since the beginning of this AAR. Americans maintain a convincing lead, with our similarly aligned colleagues in Japan following suit. Not much to say about it, the bigger the number, the worse it is for us. Thus far, the casualties have been sustainable and within reason.

losses.png

Japan is still there and not looking much different from its starting situation. I have no further insight about them and don't particularly care as long as they don't capitulate, as I do think they take a fraction of the Allied attention away from me.

japan.png

I will continue with the updates on a similar note soon. The critical part is still before me, and it remains to be seen whether I'm able to close the Western Front in a timely manner, as well as whether the Soviet steamroller stops before my prepared line. Thank you for the support so far and I hope I'm able to provide some more entertainment. Cheers!

• 6Like
Reactions:
Nobody likes Germany (except maybe Japan). That's nothing new.

I'm vaguely surprised that the Chancellor agreed to abandon Austria - or that the party did. Wasn't Anschluss a huge deal before the war started?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nobody likes Germany (except maybe Japan). That's nothing new.

I'm vaguely surprised that the Chancellor agreed to abandon Austria - or that the party did. Wasn't Anschluss a huge deal before the war started?
We are merely misunderstood, and the rest of the world will learn to love us! The abandoning of Austria and Prussia can be explained with nothing but profound mental damage inflicted on the Führer by the stroke he happened to experience at the beginning of this AAR.

Update coming

Chapter IIIa - The Straw That Breaks The Camel's Back
The war continues to rage. Despite the recent successes, the situation Germany finds itself in is beyond dire nonetheless. The divisions that have been fighting ceaselessly in recent weeks are running low on both men and morale. That is shown the best by their inability to dislodge the Allied divisions from Longwy.

defeat longwy.png

However, there's still some steam in the German war machine, and it won't be deterred b minor setbacks. Lenski stands his ground in Reims and is seemingly hell-bent on reaching Paris.

lenski w.png

The first of the encircled Americans surrenders in Eupen. Many more remain defiant.

destroyed eupen.png

Someone in the economic ministry handed a memo to Speer regarding how he never *actually* said that the workers working overtime in the factories won't be paid due to the state of war, so he rectifies that immediately. Now everyone knows Germany is at war and the workers are no longer misguided about some nonexistent Christmas bonuses.

peacetime economy.png

The greatest German victory since God knows when unfolds itself: 23 remaining American divisions under Eisenhower place their faith in the Geneva convention and decide to surrender.

1683832756338.png

(Sorry for the poor quality of the screenshot, couldn't embed it for some reason so I screencapped a screenshot. Buncha divs dead anyway.)

The victorious Germans enter Lille, finally linking up with the exhausted survivors in Dunkirk, destroying a number of Allied planes that haven't been evacuated in the confusion. Even more American divisions are encircled.

lille taken.png

The Americans don't waste any time in attempting a counterattack, but it's a desperate effort doomed to fail.

lille counterattacked.png

While their brethren in France are bleeding, the lone American motorized division finally trucks its way into the city of Prague, where they will presumably deplete the city's beer reserves before continuing somewhere else.

prague reached.png

The American resistance in Brussels and Sedan ceases, allowing for a renewed push towards Paris.

battles won.png

The defenders of Dunkirk finally get their ranks bolstered by fresh (in comparison) troops, giving them some well-deserved rest.

dunkirk lives.png

The American division from Prague has decided to advance further northwards, undoubtedly in an attempt to secure a beneficial position for the Allies in the postwar division of Europe. One unfortunate detail is that German doesn't intend to lose this war, and now is actually able not to due to their greed. This shortens the front with the Soviets to only four provinces.

american fools.png

General von dem Bach-Zelewski takes some time out of his day to attack Laon, greatly diminishing his ability to enjoy his hobby, namely retributions to civilians.

laon attacked.png

The other generals were laughing at Lenski when he said that he will take Paris despite being a mere divisional commander. None are laughing anymore.

lenski goes to paris.png

Unfortunately, serious news arrives from the Eastern Front. The Soviets have finally gathered their strength and launched an attack on our encircled divisions in Courland. The evacuation is underway, but despite extensive fortifications in the city of Jelgava, the Soviets will undoubtedly triumph against the defenders if they persist in their attack. Admiral Marschall urges his men to start rowing faster, as the fuel is long gone.

courland pocket gets attacked.png

Not to allow themselves to be outdone, American pilots inflict a costly defeat on our bombing wing.

americans bite.png

However, unlike the situation in the skies, Germany is once again the dominant party on the ground.

wins.png

A grounded wing of obsolete tech, so-called rocket interceptors under the command of Lörzer, flies once more to try and earn their keep.

lorzer's rocketeers.png

The Americans manning Brussels surrender to the victorious German infantry under Demelhuber.

brussels capped.png

Göring spits out his morning morphine when Lörzer's messenger brings him the report of their latest interception. Perhaps the Reich's position on the rocket tech should be reconsidered?

rockets good.png

The lone American motorized is apparently undeterred in its efforts to win us the war. They advance further to the north after taking a brief detour to Waldenburg. The potential frontline with the Soviet Union shortens to only 3 provinces, which is easily tenable by Wehrmacht even in its dilapidated state.

americans hellbent on winning me the war.png

The only one laughing now is the hero of the day, General Lenski. He recaptures the City of Light, and the Yankees can counterattack as much as they like. They will have to turn Paris into Parwas before he is forced out.

lenski in paris.png

With this, Germany solidifies its chances in the West and comes several steps closer to finally pushing the Allies back into the sea, almost a year overdue. Will the German morale falter before that happens, or will Festung Europa reclaim its ramparts in France?

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
While their brethren in France are bleeding, the lone American motorized division finally trucks its way into the city of Prague, where they will presumably deplete the city's beer reserves before continuing somewhere else.

prague reached.png
Hey, who wouldn't?
That's actually a really good position to attempt another encirclement of American divisions, if you don't mind the risk of losing Paris again...
The lone American motorized is apparently undeterred in its efforts to win us the war. They advance further to the north after taking a brief detour to Waldenburg. The potential frontline with the Soviet Union shortens to only 3 provinces, which is easily tenable by Wehrmacht even in its dilapidated state.

americans hellbent on winning me the war.png
I knew of this strategy for the HoI4 Endsieg mod, but this is actually the first time I've seen it being done for Darkest Hour, gamey yes, but effective nonetheless

• 2Like
Reactions:
The Americans really want that land in the east. Oh, well. Their wishes won't be granted... unless Germany really doesn't want a border with the USSR...

Good job on advancing in France!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, who wouldn't?

That's actually a really good position to attempt another encirclement of American divisions, if you don't mind the risk of losing Paris again...

I knew of this strategy for the HoI4 Endsieg mod, but this is actually the first time I've seen it being done for Darkest Hour, gamey yes, but effective nonetheless
The only way those Allied soldiers are leaving France is in body bags ;)
Regarding the strat, it is extremely gamey, but I don't think the Soviets stop at all on a full front with the furious ai. I have done it before without giving land up like this but it was on an older game version (I think 1.04) and normal ai. I do hope I'm forgiven for this little bit of cheese :p

The Americans really want that land in the east. Oh, well. Their wishes won't be granted... unless Germany really doesn't want a border with the USSR...

Good job on advancing in France!
Thanks for the kind words! The Americans will get to keep the strip of land for now, but they will experience all manner of inconvenience as a compensation

Update due

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter IIIb

In Berlin, the Chancellor receives the news of the capture of Paris with joyous whimsy. The rate of champagne consumption has skyrocketed lately due to an unusual number of victorious news, so the ministers and the OKW are forced to diversify their toasts with domestic beer. However, if the pace of advance continues, the means of champagne production, as well as the French wine cellars will be back in German hands. Back to the front now!

The lone American motorized gets routed in Laon.

laon win.png

The Soviets, being the jokesters they are, send what could only be described as a prank attack to interfere with our rescue attempts in Courland. They are dealt with in a little more than two hours.

soov subs.png

General Hausser is eager to test his mettle against the famous General Macarthur, in the hope of ending the latter's military career.

hausser vs macarthy.png

The situation is dire in Courland: due to the relentless Soviet attack, the evacuation needs to be performed on the retreat. There is no time even for the ships to dock!

ship rescue.png

Hoth and Guderian mobilize their armor once more for an attack on Verdun. In comparison with its Great War namesake, the Battle of Verdun will be quite underwhelming.

hoth und guderian tandem verdun.png

Manfred von Manstein, restless for more challenges, clashes with another great American military mind: Patton. This time, he has the upper hand.

manstein vs patton.png

Demelhuber, always in the periphery, does his job admirably despite being relegated to the rear lines.

victory middelsburg.png

The retreating Allies leave behind a quantity of oil unseen in the Reich for months. It will be used well.

bruges stockpile.png

The Soviets, lacking in the ability to inconvenience the Kriegsmarine itself further, strike the civilian shipping supplying the occupying forces in Norway.

sov convoy raid.png

With a heavy heart, Lenski leaves Paris and relegates its defense to Feldmarschall Busch. He has a much more important task at hand: to cut the Allies off once more. However, he is immediately attacked upon leaving the city. Yet, Lenski's mechanized infantry bravely soldiers onwards to Caen.

chateau thierry attacked.png
lenski attacked.png

At the dawn of the 10th of January, 1945, the OKW is greeted with the news of the Soviet attack in Jelgava ceasing. The defenders of Lorient are also permitted a break after the Allied troops gave up on the slaughter.

the dawn of jan 10th.png

Von Rundstedt goes forth towards Longwy, where lesser men had already failed.

rundstedt attacks longwy.png

Hausser adds another win against Macarthur to his portfolio. His experience grows with his ego, which is understandable, as he played a deciding role in the Reich's greatest victory to date!

hausser wins in amiens.png

The Soviets do not remain restless for long, as they renew their assault on Jelgava a mere day after having stopped, with fresh vigor.

jelgava again.png

The long battle for the city of Metz finally finishes, an what a victory it is! 4 Allied soldiers lie dead for every German casualty.

slaughter in Metz.png

Regrettably, an attempt at overrunning the retreating divisions from Metz is foiled by the Americans who, unlike the glorious Wehrmacht, do not need to push their tanks and can afford to fuel them.

americans faster in nancy.png

Busch arrives in Paris in time for Lenski to defeat his attackers. The vise around the Americans in Normandy, the site of their triumph half a year ago, is tightening.

busch in paris.png

The divisions in Nancy get routed, allowing for another possibility of an overrun.

Nancy win.png

A minor encirclement is formed in Calais, and Hausser is immediately instructed to dispatch the isolated divisions to the PoW camp.

dispatch calais.png

Lenski arrives to Caen and cuts the Americans off. The German triumph is almost complete.

lenski severs supply lines.png

Schörner's Fallschirmjäger, despite being outnumbered and outgunned, attack the Americans in Dieppe to try and alleviate some pressure from the defenders of Paris, who are starting to give ground.

schorner attacks dieppe.png

Air Marshal Göring authorizes another paradrop behind enemy lines in the hopes of encircling the southern echelon of the Allied expedition as well.

goering strikes again.png

General Ringel doesn't shy away from the task and strikes the fatigued divisions in Belfort, giving them no time to rest and recuperate. The Luftwaffe also assists any way it can despite its severely damaged state.

ringel paras.png

Hausser, as he usually does, eliminates the defense of Calais, sending some more indentured labour to Speer's factories.

calais hausser w.png

With the remains of the American forces in France either encircled or in the process of being encircled, the German victory looks ever so likely. However, the state of the German divisions is getting increasingly serious, exposed to the constant air raids and combat. Undermanned and starved for oil, they will need to keep the pace of advance to be able to return to the Eastern Front in time to face the Soviets. The battles won don't mean the war is won as well, but they are helping to move in the right direction.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Germany is winning many victories, but I sense a big problem. Is Germany suffering from monetary problems? If so, resolving those could be key - we wouldn't want the army turning on the government because they're not being paid, after all...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Germany is winning many victories, but I sense a big problem. Is Germany suffering from monetary problems? If so, resolving those could be key - we wouldn't want the army turning on the government because they're not being paid, after all...
Germany is a pauper, that is true, but the money has never hit the red. The troops are getting their wages, and considering there aren't many of them left, I dare say the wages are more than decent by now.

Update coming

Chapter IIIc

The German panzers, despite their frail state and lack of oil, remain the backbone of the Wehrmacht. As such, when Hasso von Manteuffel's Panzerarmee reached Nancy and immediately proceeded to charge the enemies in Belfort to assist Ringel's paratroopers, the day got that much gloomier for the defending Americans.

manteuffel attacks nancy.png

The dawn of the 16th of January greets us with the news of a double victory in Strasbourg and Bruges. The battle of Strasbourg, regardless of the huge manpower loss inflicted on the Allies, hurts Germany more due to the relatively much smaller remaining manpower pool. However, the front needs to keep moving and there's no point dwelling on what cannot be avoided. A new generation of kindergarteners are training to bolster the ranks of our divisions as this is happening.

16th jan strassburg and bruges.png

Ringel finally evicts the defenders of Belfort and closes the encirclement of the southern American echelon in France. One would think that the Americans are the ones lacking oil, considering the degree to which they are being outmaneuvered. However, the Luftwaffe gets into a costly air battle as a consequence of their support.

ringel closes the encirclement.png

Despite the Allies being mauled badly, they manage to destroy one fighter wing. It was a grave strategic error to even have them fly.

lost fighter.png

The Americans from Colmar attempt a breakout, but Ringel's paratroopers haven't flown all the way to Belfort just to leave.

breakout attempt.png

Feldmarschall Busch successfully defends Paris once more, inflicting a costly defeat on the Allied infantry assault.

paris win.png

Lenski the Swift reaches the port town of Cherbourg with its immensely important airbase, where several fighter wings are destroyed as they failed to evacuate in time. The place where this whole travesty by the name of Operation Overlord started is back in our hands, almost. This time around, it will be the Americans associating this place with defeat.

lenski in cherbourg.png

To relieve Ringel, List and von Bock launch infantry assaults against the units attempting a breakout. It is almost merely a formality.

list and von bock in colmar.png

The first retreating militiamen from Nancy surrender to the Ringel's paratroopers.

militia ded.png

The Soviet behemoth launches an all-out attack on our last-standing ally of Croatia. Godspeed, for they are on their own.

loyal croatians.png

More soldiers from Nancy get shipped off to Speer's ammo factories.

more nancy surrenders.png

One additional benefit of the capture of Cherbourg resulted in the Reich obtaining the amount of oil that made the Führer's mouth water. Now, our units have roughly two weeks' worth of maneuver warfare. The American stocks will be used well, this time against the soldiers they were intended for.

big oil.png

Lenski's confidence leads him into an encirclement. However, he is in no danger of envelopment, as help will arrive soon.

lenski encircled.png

The arrival of Manteuffel's panzers signals the end of the battle for Belfort. The American troops encircled in Colmar are left to their fate as the remaining American forces desperately try to hold off the awakened Germany, which now enjoys a notable numerical superiority.

belfort.png

Manfred von Manstein cracks the defense of Chaumont, opening up a possibility of even more divisions being encircled in the near future.

win chaumont.png

Where lesser men fail, von Rudstedt triumphs. There is no stopping the Wehrmacht now.

longwy w.png

Disorganized mechanized troopers clash with the lone headquarters division under general Macarthur. Truly a clash of the titans.

no org busch vs hq macarthy.png

As the newfound oil is of little use unless it can be delivered to the frontline efficiently, Ringel's logistical expertise is once more required in the war ministry.

ringel replaces hausser.png

At the same time, to avoid overworking our diligent commander, Alfred Jodl will replace Ringel as a Chief of Staff, ensuring that the units will get regimental psychiatrists posthaste. Mental health is obviously the most important part of waging a total war. The speed of advance will suffer though, as the psychology majors are notoriously bad at cardio.

jodl replaces ringel.png

The slightly underwhelming battle of Verdun finishes with a German victory, marking another batch of American divisions for disarmament.

verdun victory.png

The German transport capacity nowadays is loaded more with prisoners than supplies.

longwy surrender.png

The doomed corps in Colmar surrenders and lays their arms down, first among the many who are still retreating there.

colmar ded.png

Von Manstein captures Chaumont, notably overrunning some armored divisions as well. The German operation in the Southern sector ends in a complete victory.

manstein in chaumont.png

General Demelhuber, however, encounters an insurmountable obstacle for now, as his troops are way too tired to wrestle control of the marshes of Middelburg from 11 relatively well-rested American divisions. This may prove a bit problematic, as all the troops ready to assist him are either under redeployment or farther away to the west.

demelhuber loss.png

The battle for Dieppe ends in a German victory.

dieppe win.png

As the German rescue navy reaches the shore of Courland for the final time, the German defenders are fighting almost at the beaches. Troops chaotically swim to the transport ships, as Grand Admiral Marschall orders artillery bombardment of the advancing Soviets. They don't inflict much damage, but it did serve as a salvo to honor Lt. General Reymann, who remains in the encirclement, holding the Soviet advance long enough for the remaining troops, or what's left of them, to be able to board the ships to safety.

Reymann sinks with the ship.png

The last men fighting, out of ammo and blood to give for the Fatherland, surrender to the Soviets, marking their total victory in the region. However, all but 3 of the German divisions were rescued and will live to fight another day, perhaps getting revenge for General Reymann and his men.

rip sweet prince.png

Ewald von Kleist is ordered to attack a lone British tank division with his armored horde.

von kleist attacks despite bombardment.png

After a brief respite, Demelhuber rallies his men once again to try and complete the German victory in the marshes of the Netherlands. This time around, he has the full support of the Luftwaffe to count on.

demelhuber to attack again.png

The American paratroopers inflict a defeat on their attackers. However, they are in immediate danger of being encircled.

evreux defeat.png

Von Kleist routs the defenders of Auxerre as the Americans in Colmar keep surrendering to German infantry, the Queen of the Battlefield.

win auxerre.png

Another important port, Le Havre, is about to fall into German hands as well.

le havre w.png

As Demelhuber's attack loses steam once again, an American armored corps fights its way back into Eindhoven. This may get worrisome, as the German industrial heartland is nearby, undefended.

worrisome development.png

Air General Lörzer mobilizes his wing of oil-guzzling rocket jets to impress a message on the British bombers once again: the German skies are not safe for you!

gigachad lorzer.png

As the prophecies foretold, the place of greatest American triumph has turned into a place of their crushing defeat. The majority of the northern echelon of the Allied forces is staring defeat in the face, while the German forces are drunk on the fruits of victory once more.

nromandy done.png

With this, Germany pulls itself up from its grave. The Allies have only token forces left in France and are scrambling to send more. The defense in the east is prepared and stands ready to brave the Soviet attack on the Elbe, if it even comes. The Allied generals are sent back to the drafting tables, because they will need to devise a new invasion plan for after their men get sent packing back home, or worse, across the river Styx.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well, the western front is going well for the Germans, but they have suffered a few defeats against the Soviets...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, the western front is going well for the Germans, but they have suffered a few defeats against the Soviets...
The defeat in Courland is more of a victory, really, as those troops were doomed anyway. I've managed not to lose any before, but 3 is a completely respectable number over which I didn't want to savescum. Once we get some manpower trickling back, they will be refitted and exact their revenge on the Reds!

Chapter IIId

As Churchill ups his cigar consumption and Roosevelt spins in his grave (a remarkable feat considering he was quite literally immobile prior to his death), Germany continues on towards more victories. Le Creusot is the first to come, with Allies suffering almost 7 times the casualties in their chaotic retreat.

le creusot win.png

After a brief rest, Feldmarschall Busch is instructed to proceed with another assault on Evreux, to eliminate any chances of American breakthrough from the encirclement.

busch attacks again.png

As the last survivors from the Curonian pocket disembark in Stralsund to join the defense of the Elbe line, Marschall's ships are directed towards Norway, to try and ferry some of the soldiers stranded there to Germany, as the Reich is wasting far too many men occupying Norway considering the dire situation on the battlefields closer to home.

last survivors of courland.png

A lone Finnish submarine arrives with a death wish, which the Kriegsmarine gracefully fulfills without issues.

rip finnish sub.png

Against all odds, our Croatian allies manage to repel the Soviet assault on their capital. While the situation isn't improved by them delaying the inevitable, they have our thoughts and prayers, as that's all we can send them for now.

ustaska se vojska dize.png

The last divisions surrender in the Colmar pocket, allowing von Bock and List to move towards the Atlantic. The only good American is one doing unpaid labour for Speer.

colmar done.png

Hausser's by now famous tanks advance onto Caen, to try and shrink the Allied pocket in Normandy. How the tables have turned! The irony in the situation doesn't elude the Allied leaders either, as they scramble frantically not to be pushed back into the sea.

hausser attacks caen.png

Ewald von Kleist reaches the former seat of our French collaborators. Sadly, they cannot be put back on the map just yet.

kleis attacks vichy.png

A lone Egyptian fighter wing, forgotten in the chaos, gets immediately shipped to several museums, as the German leaders remain puzzled encountering what seems to be a remnant of a previous world war judging by the model.

poor egyptian planes.png

The divisions in Vichy get so defeated that their movements can no longer be tracked on the map, as the fear of God and Wehrmacht apparently gave them wings on the retreat.

vichy abandoned.png

Göring authorizes another paradrop, this time in Eindhoven, to try and contain the increasingly worrisome situation in the Netherlands, where Demelhuber's infantry fights without a good night's sleep for several weeks now.

eindhoven paradrop.png

As the American divisions enter the prewar territory of the Reich for the first time, the plan is changed mid-flight for them to drop in Nijmegen instead, hoping to encircle the overextended Americans.

change of plan.png

As Hitler does a rendition of the "Das war in Befehl!!!" monologue in his bunker, Keitel with his headquarters advances on the enemy. Not even overwhelming enemy superiority stops Lakeitel to try and crawl just a little bit further up his beloved Führer's behind.

keitel hq charge.png

The war ends for one division in Normandy. The will be spending the rest of it eating Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut in our glorious nation.

surrender evreux.png

Demelhuber and his infantry are defeated once again, despite their best efforts. However, the newly arrived reinforcements have detached the two overextended divisions from the main force. Who reorganizes first will win this struggle. As a result, the majority of the Luftwaffe is instructed to assist and interrupt the American efforts.

demelhuber defeated again.png

A foolishly led American infantry division waltzes into an about-to-be-formed encirclement. One can only wonder as to what kind of tactical brilliance they were up to.

americans walk into encirclement.png

Model launches an attack on Bourges, aiming to finally relieve the lone motorized division in La Rochelle with his push.

model and manstein attack.png

Manstein meanwhile occupies Vichy and is greeted with an overly enthusiastic attack by a lone tank division.

manstein attacked.png

In the Netherlands, a stinging defeat is suffered by an already paper-thin Luftwaffe. Alas, they cannot be allowed to rest while the fate of Germany is at stake!

stinging defeat planes.png

The defenders of Caen finally yield to a combined multidirectional assault. Their fate is now sealed, for better or for worse.

caen victory.png

With the troops in Middelburg regrettably managing to reopen a corridor towards their brethren in Cologne, Demelhuber's men go over the top of their trenches once more, in an unsupported infantry charge that wouldn't leave even Douglas Haig himself ashamed.

demelhuber goes forth.png

With that, the huge chapter in Germany's struggle to liberate France from the Allied invaders is finished. It will be months or even years before the Allies regain their strength to pose a threat once more. The forces can now slowly but surely be sent eastwards, for the Red Army is about to reach the defenders before Berlin in full force. There is no more ground to give, that's where either the Soviet steamroller stops, or Germany stops existing. The eyes of the whole world are on the battered divisions standing before the largest military formation assembled in the history of mankind. Remains to be seen whether Germany is about to turn that force into the largest prisoner column in the history of mankind to top their underdog victory in France.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
France falls, but Germany isn't out of the woods yet...

Finland's at war with Germany? That's new.

• 1Like
Reactions: