• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed. War may be hell in real life but in AARland it is merely extremely entertaining.

Well, this is a war-game, so I think people expect some action. ;)

Well the action is close. As for trouble, The French are cooking it up right now and a throne WILL fall.

As long as that throne is neither in Britain nor Japan I am looking forward to that.

Well the action is close. As for trouble, The French are cooking it up right now and a throne WILL fall.

Delphic, KiMaSa, purely Delphic

My guess for throne that will fall is Siam BTW. French sponsored coup, followed by civil war.

Fallen throne, Manchuko? The Puppet-Emperor Puyi is toppled and the people of Manchuria throw off the shackles of Japanese imperialist repression but, to the distress of the French, they ignore Paris and instead petition London in the hope of receiving the enlightened benefits of British colonial oversight?

I'm thinking that El Pip is confusing MY Empire with the KiMaSa's British Empire. :)

And, just a side note... why is it the French are almost always the bad guys within the Allied camp? Not that I mind, you understand, I was just wondering. :)

And, just a side note... why is it the French are almost always the bad guys within the Allied camp? Not that I mind, you understand, I was just wondering. :)
The combination of massive ambition, complete lack of self-awareness, indifference to their allies and a fair dollop of ingratitude. The French can be relied upon to do their own thing regardless of how unable they are to do it, how much damage it will do to the overall cause, what commitments they have made or how much they already owe to their allies.

The combination of massive ambition, complete lack of self-awareness, indifference to their allies and a fair dollop of ingratitude. The French can be relied upon to do their own thing regardless of how unable they are to do it, how much damage it will do to the overall cause, what commitments they have made or how much they already owe to their allies.

Which is precisely why Hoshiko is being as diplomatic as possible. Japan; like France, is a regional power only. Any plans she has on a broader scale are dependent upon having the backing of a strong ally. For Japan in this timeline, the British and the Americans are the best options for allies and self awareness compels the Japanese to manners in the home of their British friends.

Well said Pippy!

And that makes perfect sense, KiMaSa, shows Her Majesty has a good head on her shoulders. :)

Operation Solitaire

01300000359596123823846272168.jpg

"They're right on schedule." Emil Bonneau murmured as he watched the guard complete his circuit of the camp perimeter.

Beside him, Sergeant Montcalm nodded and checked over his type 38 rifle one last time. This particular rifle had been part of a shipment purchased from Soviet contacts by buyers posing as members of a communist splinter cell. Sergeant Montcalm much preferred his Lebel 1886 but admitted the Japanese rifle was impressively sturdy in construction. The rest of the ten man squad waited for the signal to go into action.

Bonneau sighed. His orders were explicit. Paris expected a massacre. Bonneau would try to spare any French lives he could but even with the mostly African colonial troops, it was inevitable that French blood would be shed. So be it. He would carry out his orders without question. His mission came first, then came the lives of his own team. Other mercies were a distant third in his concern. He had already killed several men today. In the morning, the bodies of a dozen Thai nationals would be found dead along with an assortment of Japanese made pistols, rifles, and other equipment. in 24 hours the French press and Government would be screaming for revenge.

"Let's go." Bonneau ordered and secured his binoculars, drawing a Type 14 Nambu pistol.

Time to light the fuse...

Last edited:
Instead of a Radio station, some foreign field of Indochina...

Those French are mad...

But can the British and Americans intercede, or will the crowds shout "a Tokyo!" as they did "a Berlin!" before the Franco-Prussian War?

Ah, French clandestine misdeeds. I fear Bonneau will have his success, but I am of a mind that the strategy being directed by Paris will backfire in the long run. I hope.

Sortie the Channel Fleet! Form the Blockading Squadron!

Guess what sort of War I expect!

Sortie the Channel Fleet! Form the Blockading Squadron!

Guess what sort of War I expect!
Apparently the Seine is navigable as far as Rouen, so sending Battleship to invade France isn't as impossible as you may think. Such an endeavour would only end well, though I fear I may have to rely on someone less wedded to practicality to try it.

Interested Kurtie? :D

Apparently the Seine is navigable as far as Rouen, so sending Battleship to invade France isn't as impossible as you may think. Such an endeavour would only end well, though I fear I may have to rely on someone less wedded to practicality to try it.

Interested Kurtie? :D

I have the odd feeling that this plan has been already suggested in the AARland...

Apologies on a project that seems to have as many snags and glitches as a DoD contract. :sad:

Updating shortly.

Well, it doesn't explode, so that's a plus