For the record: Guesses on DLCs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The one I'm pretty much certain of is the corporation DLC. Fits too damn well and seems sensibly easy to de-couple from the rest of the game mechanics. Might also include NGOs like the Red Cross and the like.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Since V3 is already going to be an unusual game amongst grand strategy games I hope they try out some more unusual ideas. I would love to see a mechanic which deals with evolution of languages. The early part of this period still has most European languages evolving and being standardised (in1836 italians didn't speak mutually intelligable languages) there are also a lot of opportunities to address issues like that for non European nations as they adapt to a world increasingly cominated by latin script. Of course there are also countless examples of language revatilisation or unification being used as a tool for creation of shared conciousness (think of Ireland, Czechia etc).
It is an important issue for building nation building and shaping so I hope it is addressed in some way.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Since V3 is already going to be an unusual game amongst grand strategy games I hope they try out some more unusual ideas. I would love to see a mechanic which deals with evolution of languages. The early part of this period still has most European languages evolving and being standardised (in1836 italians didn't speak mutually intelligable languages) there are also a lot of opportunities to address issues like that for non European nations as they adapt to a world increasingly cominated by latin script. Of course there are also countless examples of language revatilisation or unification being used as a tool for creation of shared conciousness (think of Ireland, Czechia etc).
It is an important issue for building nation building and shaping so I hope it is addressed in some way.
This is actually possible because languages are already modeled in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Democracy. With hundreds of laws and policies added. And every pop belonging to multiple influence groups.

Or even atomics.

Reactions:
Steampunk DLC to cater to that crowd.
FrostPunk scenario where all the world turns to snow in the 1880s as empires struggle to quickly found solutions.

Reactions:
More seriously, assuming political parties are here on release and they stay true in their idea to not railroad nations, and in no particular order :

- Decentralized nations
- Unification mechanics and flavour events (Germany, Italy, Romania)
- Civil Wars (American civil war, mainly)
- Revolutions (1848, communists rising)
- Great wars (a deepening of crisis, war mechanics, WW1)
- Internal politics (even if the political parties are there on release, there will always be a way to improve on them)
- Reforms and decline (Decline of the Ottoman Empire, Balkans states and Tanzimats)
- China’s internal crisis (somehow, I can’t find a generic theme for that one)

• 5Like
Reactions:
Didn't the main writer on Sunless Skies work for Paradox on a freelance setup... was it for... CK? 2?
Stellaris: Horizon Signal

Reactions:
Probably not on everybody's top ten, but I actually hope they bring back newspapers.

Vicky 2 could have used a bit more artwork for them, and general formatting work too, but as a general gameplay idea they were awesome. It was a really interesting lens to with which you could pick up random tidbits that didn't come through in the charts and added a really fun insight especially into AI motivations.

Its the sort of development thing they could probably just farm out to a writer for a week to just come up with gigs of random news articles if they wanted, and not waste a ton of time on programming. Just make it possible to turn off the notification, because seeing a hundred unread newspapers did sort of mess with one's ocd a bit.

Reactions: