• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I LOVE! THE AVATAR!!!!!!!!! Im going to see if i can get now...

You're making a good progress, and seems Lithuania won't last long, one question about Novgorod, how long will you wait until you start to fight against them?, that'll be necessary if you want to form Russia

About the question, just enough info, it gives a great in-depth of the game, showing also how great mod is MM.

Luckily, we managed to hire a master of finance:

financial-advisor.jpg

Yes, it’s Jesus! How can we lose, now?

jesus.jpg

We also have a new Grand Duke:

newduke.jpg

Too bad he’s a shadow of the greatness that was Andrei IV. Oh, well.

Here is a collection of good news:

good_news.jpg

kazanDOW2.jpg

We just can’t seem to live in peace. Maybe it’s all those Tartar sauce jokes? At any rate, this is a nice opportunity to finally throw off the Tartar yoke and hopefully gain their culture as an accepted one. The Novgorod Nancies are allied with us because they had warned Kazan. Oh, well. At least they might keep Sibir busy....

As usual, the Ninnies made a White Peace at first opportunity. They didn’t even fight a single battle. Thanks a lot, chumps!

unfair_peace.jpg

The peace terms were blatantly unfair. Kazan is reduced to an easily-annexed number of provinces (one). You can also see the latest in Muscovite arms technology. We finally have parity with the puny Novgo-ninnies. They will lose even more swiftly when their time comes.

mongol_raid.jpg

After the end of hostilities some of the Tartars had so much sauce left in them that they had to raid our peaceful settlement of Njini-Novgorod. We decided to build a line of watch-towers to prevent other such incursions and to show the people that we “care” for them. That ought to reduce the chances of revolt. After all, we’re still at war with the Sibirian Horde.

A very nice addition with the 2.1 NA patch is the ability to explore Terra Incognita as long as you are at war with the state under TI. This is coming in handy in our recent war with Sibiria. We even found this guy:

kurgan1.jpg
eek!​

Oh, wait, I think it’s the place he’s from:

kurgan_map.jpg

With such a cool guy coming from it, we had to demand the Kurgan be handed over to us in the peace. Lo:

kurgan_peace.jpg

There can only be one!​
Now we can *finally* focus on paying off our debts and building sweatshops. Hopefully we can also get another Metropolitan event to convert our recent gains. Though being able to afford the missionaries might be difficult.

Border_Patrol.jpg

Here is a nice MM event which allows nations with provinces bordering Terra Incognito to hire Conquistadors without adopting Quest for the New World. Right now we can't afford it, nor do we have any colonists to take advantage of any new lands.

You can also see some more successful conversions which happened during our last war. We will have to wait for another Metropolitan to do any more converting.

The writing is fast-paced and has been entertaining so far.

Some questions and/or requests though:

It might help if you mentioned the game year once in a while. This will come in handy, as most of the time you don't show the top of your screenshots.

You are rapidly progressing in terms of territory and manpower, but I am a bit worried about Muscovy overreaching. You mentioned you took "a couple" of loans. Could you be more specific about your debt and inflation.?

Also, I wondered what your BB rating is at this time...

Keep it up. ;)

Jestocost said:
The writing is fast-paced and has been entertaining so far.

Some questions and/or requests though:

It might help if you mentioned the game year once in a while. This will come in handy, as most of the time you don't show the top of your screenshots.

You are rapidly progressing in terms of territory and manpower, but I am a bit worried about Muscovy overreaching. You mentioned you took "a couple" of loans. Could you be more specific about your debt and inflation.?

Also, I wondered what your BB rating is at this time...

Keep it up. ;)

NP, let me whip up a status shot of how things are doing.

status1487.jpg

Behold the vastness of our domains!

status_numbers1487.jpg

Year: 1487
Inflation: 2.4
Loans: 436
Bad-Boy: 9.23

This is just after paying off a couple loans, then taking out a couple more that were about double the size in order to pay for 4 mission attempts.

EDIT: I'm surprised myself at how low my BB is considering the vast demesne I have gained. It must be because I've not annexed anyone except diplomatically.

I think the war with Novgorod is coming soon...

Year: 1487
Inflation: 2.4
Loans: 436
Bad-Boy: 9.23

You will be fine, I guess. Just watch out for being framed. That can hit like a hammer.

Your inflation is actually suprisingly low. In my own Portugal game, I've reached about the same year as you and my inflation is already at 8,4. Of course, I had to maintain a large fleet to win my wars against France (and naval upkeep is quite expensive), but still. Game on.

Jestocost said:
You will be fine, I guess. Just watch out for being framed. That can hit like a hammer.

Your inflation is actually suprisingly low. In my own Portugal game, I've reached about the same year as you and my inflation is already at 8,4. Of course, I had to maintain a large fleet to win my wars against France (and naval upkeep is quite expensive), but still. Game on.

The nice thing about the slider and NI choices that make infantry/calvary less expensive is that they make the Upkeep less expensive, too! That maintenance figure is for 100% maintenance of ~40,000 troops! Sick, no?

You fought France!? Now that's your problem! In 2.1/MM1.7 France is basically unbeatable most of the time. It takes special circumstances to make possible and even then it is almost always far too costly to even get a WP out of them.

I never really liked the huge naval upkeep costs in MM. Especially now as the AI doesn't have to pay them. I guess it is one of the many reasons why Russia holds a special place in my heart in EU3. An ocean of land is far better than an ocean of water. :cool:

I'm of two minds about "Framed!"

1. It serves a purpose of not letting me hover right at some arbitrary BB score and game the system by making a massive BB infusion likely.
2. It's stupid and heavy-handed, just like many things I don't agree with at all in MM.

For this AAR, I won't save & load my way out of Framed!. It will make things harder, that's for sure.

I'm really surprised myself that my BBis so very low. It must have been my nice diplomat great men and the string of high Diplomacy monarchs combined with not annexing much. I think if I just take a couple provinces from Novgorod and vassalize them all should be well. Watch, though as I bet my monarch and my good diplomat die on the same day as I sign the peace accord.

You fought France!? Now that's your problem! In 2.1/MM1.7 France is basically unbeatable most of the time. It takes special circumstances to make possible and even then it is almost always far too costly to even get a WP out of them.

I fought and re-fought France because they declared war on England, and I've made a promise to honour my alliance. But that's another story.

An ocean of land is far better than an ocean of water.

I wonder what master Dorofey, your naval advisor, would say about that? ;)

Bolingbroke said:
The nice thing about the slider and NI choices that make infantry/calvary less expensive is that they make the Upkeep less expensive, too! That maintenance figure is for 100% maintenance of ~40,000 troops! Sick, no?
Say what!? That is so low! Man, I might have to get MM just because of that.

Holy fast updates batman!

I thought you were in trouble about 6 updates ago, but seems that now you will be able to rule the East easily.

It is the West I am worried about!

Jestocost: I sympathize with your wanting to be a faithful ally, but what always seems to happen when I try Portugal and stay allied to England is that Castille gives France military access and then my people start speaking French.

Oh, and he'll say what I want him to say unless he wants to meet my Kurgan!

germanpeon: I'm not sure if it is MM or not, but all I know is I like it.

BBBD316: My only true problem right now is money woes. I'm mortgaged to the hilt to pay for sweatshops and missionaries. I'm not sure it was such a great idea, but time will tell.

In the West Poland and Lithuania have had a falling out. In fact they just fought a war that saw Lithuania lose 4 provinces! They look ripe for the picking, but I must focus on Novgorod and hope no one else takes the bits of Lithuania that rightfully belong to Mother Russia.