• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And about typography ?

Maybe FTG is the good time to improve the typographies in EU... Anti-aliasing could be a good idea to make the texte more readable than they're actually in EU2 and EU3.

But what it could be really great will be to change the font. Please, choose an font without Serif ("sans serif" is the good term).

Example ?

This texte is with serif.

This one is sans serif.

You see the little things on the extremities of the letters in the first example ? That Serif.

The last one is more more readable on a screen when the text is small (like in EU games). In a book, a font with serif is really more readable (serif create a virtual line to guide the eyes).

So FTG is good moment to make a good donation to our eyes : a font sans serif.

If you need more details, want to discuss more deeply about this (we could speak about typography an entire life), don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
My own suggestion is Fraktur. I always connect that typeface with the early modern era.
Do you want us all to get splitting headaches? That's not a fun font to read in, especially from a screen.

On the upside, there shouldn't be any licensing issues.

Maybe FTG is the good time to improve the typographies in EU... Anti-aliasing could be a good idea to make the texte more readable than they're actually in EU2 and EU3.

But what it could be really great will be to change the font. Please, choose an font without Serif ("sans serif" is the good term).
You will have part of the answer in the first diary. :)

I don't know if anyone asked, but is Brazil included in any way or form in the game (as a playable country)? :)

I see it ends in 1819, but I am sure Brazil could be included as a potential playable country before that (assuming Brazil gets independent from Portugal earlier than it happened in real life).

I'm very happy you guys ended up with a product! Best of luck with further development. :)

And I will buy it. :D
Thanks, too bad you had no time to be involved in the team but door is still open.

I don't know if anyone asked, but is Brazil included in any way or form in the game (as a playable country)? :)

I see it ends in 1819, but I am sure Brazil could be included as a potential playable country before that (assuming Brazil gets independent from Portugal earlier than it happened in real life).
There will be no limit for possible timeframe. 1419-1819 is only the default one.

Seeing the licensing of the Europa engine come to fruition... wow, this is really a great moment!

For the glory! :D

I would hope the option is left to the player - for short games I prefer historical, for longer campaigns I like the uncertainty of random monarchs and leaders.
Would that even be possible to add? EUII is not near as flexible as EUIII AFAIK.

I would hope the option is left to the player - for short games I prefer historical, for longer campaigns I like the uncertainty of random monarchs and leaders.
It won't happen, afaik such an option wasn't even considered.

:confused: I would bet on a list of fictional monarchs for the lacking monarchs rather than random ones. In EU3 it was brand new code, I think, so unless they manage to write their own code for this, there would be nothing in the "old" EU2 code to make this possible.