• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I've maybe just missed the explanation of what's different, but all I've really been able to work out so far is the FtG will be easier to mod the standard EU2. Some people are saying the map will be the vanilla one with the new AGCEEP released shortly after, others seem to suggest the game comes bundled with a new map.

So, from the point of view of a player, booting up FtG fresh from an install, what will I notice as different from EU2?

I think I've maybe just missed the explanation of what's different, but all I've really been able to work out so far is the FtG will be easier to mod the standard EU2. Some people are saying the map will be the vanilla one with the new AGCEEP released shortly after, others seem to suggest the game comes bundled with a new map.

So, from the point of view of a player, booting up FtG fresh from an install, what will I notice as different from EU2?

I guess you should wait for the dev diaries as the rest of us or try to imagine it from the stuff that has been posted in the Source Code thread.

Just wanted to say congratulations to the creators, Yodamaster, MichaelM, Wreck, Garbon, GeneralSnoopy, Dietmar1982!

Over time I sorta got used to the idea that people were working on the source code, but when I read Johans anouncement today, I suddenly felt the utter coolness of this again! :D:cool:

And already in beta testing, out before christmas, that's really soon! Good work guys.

Looking forward to the development diaries.:)

Probably not much higher than those of EU2. MichaelM mentioned that his comp can't run EU3 (but will run FTG), and Yoda said something about an old Pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM.

Fantastic!Great morning today, first vicky2, and now this! :)
Happy to see the fruits of your labor. So how soon until we will be able to enjoy it?

Just skimmed through the thread, so I may have missed some info.

My question: can we add more unit types beyond the ones known from EU2? For both land and sea? :)

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) my favorite game is being refurnished and out on the market again :D:D:D:D:D

*squeal*

A Christmas I can look forward to!

*beams with joy*

Ayeshteni

one little question:

will there be a boxed version?? ;-)