• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been eagerly awaiting this for maybe two years ;)...

Now give us some bloody spoilers already!! :D

This will come with future versions of AGCEEP. When game will be published, community will be able to adapt the mod to the new map and new features. Map is still in Garbon's hands but our goal is (and ever was) clear. We will thus be able to break all EU2 limits at one time, AGCEEP remaining of course free.

Adapting the biggest mod ever will not be easy. In between, all other mapmods will be fully compatible with only required adaptation of scenarios and setup file. One day should be sufficient for this.

So, if I understand you correctly you won't be offering new map, but FTG will use vanilla EU2 map. So basicly all you offer are some new events (, possibly some new countries) and engine tweaks. Considering that "Heir to the Throne" is published around the same what makes FTG a better buy? I may be (and hope that I'm) wrong, but current descriptions make it sound like it's nothing more than slightly updated EU2. Still I hope that you do better job than those fellows who did the Asian Chapters.

Yes. Nevertheless, only motivated people are expected. ;)
Where do I sign up?

So, if I understand you correctly you won't be offering new map, but FTG will use vanilla EU2 map. So basicly all you offer are some new events (, possibly some new countries) and engine tweaks. Considering that "Heir to the Throne" is published around the same what makes FTG a better buy? I may be (and hope that I'm) wrong, but current descriptions make it sound like it's nothing more than slightly updated EU2. Still I hope that you do better job than those fellows who did the Asian Chapters.
It is an "updated EU2". But "slightly" is hardly the word.

And you can't compare it to an EU3 exp.

It is an "updated EU2". But "slightly" is hardly the word.

And you can't compare it to an EU3 exp.

Why I can't compare it to other Europa Universalis titles? When I'm making buying decisions, it would be the most logical to compare FTG to other EU titles rather than to HoI etc.

I just hope that the map will be HUGE and have thousands of provinces. I want to be able to play a true Machiavellian renaissance game with some italian state.

As far as I have be told the map will be the vanilla. The AGCEEP map should follow with the AGCEEP for FtG.

This really sounds just like the game i could really enjoy. Surely going back to the old graphics will feel a little weird, but the historical events should make it awesome. Just dont know what this offers so much more than AGCEEP to make it wortwhile buying . New features sound like much higher moddability so its probably again worth to wait until this game gets worked over again. I will definately look into it and it will be far ahead on my wishlist of HOI III.

However, back when Johan said that they were granting EU 2 engine to those who wanted to make games with it I hoped for regional limited-scale games such as the old "Crown of the North" game by Paradox. Just imagine a game like that, only in the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years War. Or a game in Italy during the Italian Wars. I can only hope for the future :( Maybe there will be some mods :(

While I am not really looking forward to it enthusiastically, I'd say this is a sign that Paradox games in general age very gracefully.;)

Uh, it will be done before christmas? Seems like God heard my prayers.

Silent as you guys were, i thought this would take one decade at least.

Joking... But i did thought about 3 years or so! ;)
You should have seen how many times we pushed back the release date.

How can someone get to be a beta tester?
More information will be forthcoming within a week or so.[

Also, will it be a stand-alone game, or just an expansion for EU2?
Stand-alone.

And how will it be sold to the public? Gamersgate only?
That's for Paradox to say. Gamersgate is a certainty, but I can't speculate on other possibilities.

Glad to see this news. Will the new map be the AGCEEP one ?
Yes, but of course AGCEEP won't be sold.
And what about the compatibility with Vic2 ?
I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about save-game conversions?

i asked elsewhere but didnt get an answer i could understand so here goes. does FTG use a map different from eu2vanilla? thanks
FTG vanilla uses the same map as EU2 vanilla.

I've been eagerly awaiting this for maybe two years ;)...
Pretty impressive considering that Paradox hadn't mentioned the possibility two years ago. :p

Now give us some bloody spoilers already!! :D
All in good time; we will be doing developer diaries starting soon.

A fair number of people simply prefer EU2 to EU3. And another fair amount of people might like EU3 if it ran faster than molasses going uphill in January (I'm part of this camp). If neither of these describes you, then you'd probably prefer HttT (unless that acronym is simply too ugly to even consider).

But I think it's more than a "slight" update.

And yes, I certainly hope we've done a better job than Asian Chapters.

I just hope that the map will be HUGE and have thousands of provinces. I want to be able to play a true Machiavellian renaissance game with some italian state.
Mockups of the AGCEEP map are available in the AGCEEP forum, if you haven't seen them already.

This really sounds just like the game i could really enjoy. Surely going back to the old graphics will feel a little weird, but the historical events should make it awesome. Just dont know what this offers so much more than AGCEEP to make it wortwhile buying . New features sound like much higher moddability so its probably again worth to wait until this game gets worked over again. I will definately look into it and it will be far ahead on my wishlist of HOI III.
Now that's the spirit!

However, back when Johan said that they were granting EU 2 engine to those who wanted to make games with it I hoped for regional limited-scale games such as the old "Crown of the North" game by Paradox. Just imagine a game like that, only in the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years War. Or a game in Italy during the Italian Wars. I can only hope for the future :( Maybe there will be some mods :(
Well, we aren't the only source code project around. I'm not saying that I know someone is doing this right now (few people discuss their plans on the forum), but it's possible.

While I am not really looking forward to it enthusiastically, I'd say this is a sign that Paradox games in general age very gracefully.;)
What, don't 8-year-old games get expansions all the time? ;)

That reminds me of The Sims series.:D
Nah, then the title of this would be "Europa Universalis II: Epic Thunderous Trail of the Swedish Horses" or something. There's only so many Latin phrases you can use.