• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent to see this project come to fruition! I'm especially glad to see widescreen resolution support, though really all those extra modding options look fantastic.

I dont know, this may be a strategy to win back the players lost in the translation from eu2 to eu3... It seems a very bizarre thing to do though. Its like Ubisoft would release a standalone expansion to Anno 1701 three years after Anno 1404 got out...
Why is it bizarre? It's basically risk-free for Paradox: we work and they get money.

I dont know, this may be a strategy to win back the players lost in the translation from eu2 to eu3... It seems a very bizarre thing to do though. Its like Ubisoft would release a standalone expansion to Anno 1701 three years after Anno 1404 got out...
Only difference is FTG and EU3 are not for the same players. Nevertheless, you can play both and see the difference. Moreover you will have the choice between two different games while EU2 was very old and limited.

Only difference is FTG and EU3 are not for the same players. Nevertheless, you can play both and see the difference. Moreover you will have the choice between two different games while EU2 was very old and limited.

I got the explanation in the french forum though. This is developped by the community and not directly by Paradox - which is publishing the title though.:cool:

I have to say, I tried real hard but I just couldn't get into EU2. It always seemed like a great game, but I was already used to the superior interface of Paradox's other titles. I hope your modernization of the game turns out well, and I'm looking forward to this.

Why is it bizarre? It's basically risk-free for Paradox: we work and they get money.

Well I hope you get a little too :p.

This appears on my birthday and all, AWESOME! :cool:

I got the explanation in the french forum though. This is developped by the community and not directly by Paradox - which is publishing the title though.:cool:
Yes, but only a part of the community for development and under strict License Agreement (much more than a NDA).

The beta-testing: will it be open for everyone?
Yes. Nevertheless, only motivated people are expected. ;)

This appears on my birthday and all, AWESOME! :cool:
Happy birthday then! :)

Given that its essentially free for paradox to do so, yet likely to generate money. Why shouldn't they? As long as the project doesn't end up doing harm to paradox in some way, I really don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it. No reason at all.

Looking forward to this. :)

Greatly looking forward to this.

Uh, it will be done before christmas? Seems like God heard my prayers.

Silent as you guys were, i thought this would take one decade at least.

Joking... But i did thought about 3 years or so! ;)

Yes. Nevertheless, only motivated people are expected.

How can someone get to be a beta tester?

Also, will it be a stand-alone game, or just an expansion for EU2?

And how will it be sold to the public? Gamersgate only?

Glad to see this news. Will the new map be the AGCEEP one ? And what about the compatibility with Vic2 ?