• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20€!? I thought it would be 15€... I hate to say this, as I respect immensely the work of the FtG team, but it costs the same as EU3 at release? :confused: Not that anyone cares, but this casts some doubts as to whether I'm buying FtG or not, given my financial situation, as I'm convinced some expansion will follow soon. So for me I have to think about this 20€ now, plus the expansion later...
if there was to be an "expansion" it would be free for what I know. The idea is that from the release date the developpers would offer evolutions from the wishes of the players in the form of "patches"
Most of the game is "for the glory", the part that is not includes the 20$/€ :D

and for the question of the price, i' ve paid once EU2 and I've played with it for years now, hours and hours and hours. If I was to count it might be a few cents/hour now :D
My FtG would be largely paid by the time already spent with EU2 :)

Totally off topic

Just curious, but from memory, Paradox PR release's always tend to mention "New York, USA", as if they are made from there. But I see that Tom Ohle's location is Canada.

Is the PR office in New York? Or is it just to put the name of a "famous" city...everything seems to happen in New York these days :p

I can just imagine the reality being a small back water town in the middle of no where :D

and for the question of the price, i' ve paid once EU2 and I've played with it for years now, hours and hours and hours. If I was to count it might be a few cents/hour now :D
My FtG would be largely paid by the time already spent with EU2 :)

You make a good point. The thing is FtG is an evolution of EU2, so I'm not seeing myself playing FtG as many years as I played EU2. I'm kind of tired of EU2 and unless FtG makes a radical change, I'll be playing it for a year or so... But then again, that's my problem and no one elses!:p

Dev diary tomorrow? :eek:o
Yes

if there was to be an "expansion" it would be free for what I know. The idea is that from the release date the developpers would offer evolutions from the wishes of the players in the form of "patches"
Most of the game is "for the glory", the part that is not includes the 20$/€ :D
And we alreay started to work on version 1.1!

We are almost there, for the glory!

We still expect it to be out before release. Yes, that leaves a pretty narrow window...

Best of luck for the FTG team, I sincerely hope for some financial success as well!

I assume there will be map mods (ideally included with the game), else clear-cut instructions, for toning down the map primary colors and reducing the overall cartoony appearance. Map mods only doing that, not otherwise messing with the core game (or AGCEEP).

With a more tasteful map, this game is likely a no-brainer purchase for me.

what FtG offers is a game, complete in its functionalities, hopefully bug-free (one can dream :p ), that allows as easily as possible to go further through different forms of modifications: databases, parameters, sprites, etc. and, of course, maps.
Just as one could be less than enthousiastic for the EU3 map, it is sure that others (or the same) might be reluctant to play with EU2/FtG map. OK. Just change it. :)
Actually, I think that some might appear soon.

In my own opinion, if some one could remake a map in the idea of Magna Mundi's map, it would be great, even if I'm not sure EU2/FtG map is really adapted for this, but maybe so.

I assume there will be map mods (ideally included with the game), else clear-cut instructions, for toning down the map primary colors and reducing the overall cartoony appearance. Map mods only doing that, not otherwise messing with the core game (or AGCEEP).

With a more tasteful map, this game is likely a no-brainer purchase for me.
It has been stated many times that EU2 maps will be easily adaptable for FTG. I assure you it's the same with colours ;).

Awesome!!!!!

Just as one could be less than enthousiastic for the EU3 map...

I am less than enthusiastic for the default EU3 map, especially the awful red country borders.

In my own opinion, if some one could remake a map in the idea of Magna Mundi's map, it would be great...

++1

The maps (and colors) in MMP2 are gorgeous!

Well done and congratz, guys! I'm definitely getting myself a copy - even though I doubt I'll have time to play it just yet... ;)