• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(170236)

Paradox PR
Sep 30, 2009
www.evolutionofpr.com
Full release below!
---

For the Glory Goes Gold
Grand-scale historical strategy game set for release on November 10

New York, USA – November 3, 2009. Paradox Interactive’s upcoming historical strategy title, For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game, has gone gold, and is being readied for release via digital download at all major digital download portals on November 10.

Developed by Crystal Empire Games, a team formed within Paradox’s Europa Universalis II fan community, For the Glory is built upon the Europa Engine as the developers’ vision of the ultimate historical strategy game. Players take the reins of a country, guide domestic and foreign policy, navigate thousands of historical events, engage in various struggles and lead their country to prosperity – all in the name of glory!

The team has been actively discussing its efforts in a series of developer diaries that can be found on the For the Glory forums at the following address: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=444.

For more information on For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game, please visit http://forum.paradoxplaza.com and follow us on Twitter at @pdxinteractive.

About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy stable, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes original titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as the best published titles like the Penumbra series, Mount & Blade, Supreme Ruler 2020, Elven Legacy and the greatly-anticipated Majesty 2 – The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. Read more: http://www.paradoxplaza.com

About Crystal Empire Games
Crystal Empire Games is a development studio created in June 2008 after the announcement of the Europa Engine Licensing Program by Paradox Interactive. The unique strength of this studio is that the members come from all around the world, joining their talents and experience in the long-term Europa Engine-based "For the Glory" project. Many team members have been active in the Paradox Interactive community for years, contributing mods and tools dedicated to the company’s games. This is just the beginning of a new chapter for the team and represents a higher level of structured cooperation between passionate people to give the best possible experience to players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Excellent!

Now where's my money... *goes searching*

Dev diary tomorrow? :eek:o

Already? Nice. I'm buying. :)

20€!? I thought it would be 15€... I hate to say this, as I respect immensely the work of the FtG team, but it costs the same as EU3 at release? :confused: Not that anyone cares, but this casts some doubts as to whether I'm buying FtG or not, given my financial situation, as I'm convinced some expansion will follow soon. So for me I have to think about this 20€ now, plus the expansion later...

20€!? I thought it would be 15€... I hate to say this, as I respect immensely the work of the FtG team, but it costs the same as EU3 at release? :confused: Not that anyone cares, but this casts some doubts as to whether I'm buying FtG or not, given my financial situation, as I'm convinced some expansion will follow soon. So for me I have to think about this 20€ now, plus the expansion later...
EU3 cost 40€ at release. :confused:

What exactly does going gold mean?

I used to think something went gold after selling so many items.

Eu2 has been my gaming drug for years and what Ive seen in the dev diaries looks good and gotten me quite excited at times ;), but Im not sure if Im sold yet, not sure if theres enough changes...really wanted to hear more about AI enhancements...will wait it out to hear what other players have to say first.

Congratulations to the FTG team though, really nice to see this initative get up.

Gold master = no further changes to the product before release.

As in, all development has been completed for 1.0 :)

Ever played HoI3? :p