• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have one question: Why China's flag is reversed?
Ming should be written as "明".

Probably because when hanging a flag vertically, protocol says the flag must be rotated and flipped, generally to the keep the canton in the top left. Some other flags have also been flipped.

Last edited:
Probably because when hanging a flag vertically, protocol says the flag must be rotated and flipped, generally to the keep the canton in the top left. Some other flags have also been flipped.
I see, thank you.

However, some countries have their special flags for such a case: For example, the national flag of Saudi Arabia is "manufactured with differing obverse and reverse sides, to ensure the shahada reads correctly, from right to left, from either side". Liechtenstein also has a special flag to show it vertically.

Shall we think about such a solution for Ming's flag? The current flag seems odd for Kanji users.
Like it;
up1787.bmp

(Actually, this is made by a Japanese user to replace South Ming's flag in AGCEEP.)

Last edited:
- support all screen sizes, from 800x600 up to any size wide and 2400 pixels high (until WQUXGA for wide screens and QUXGA for standard screens)
Does it mean 1024*600 (netbook 10" size) too ?

Will FTG be available in different languages? German, French?
Paradox decision according to possible distributors.
Does it mean I must wait or I can Buy it from GamersGate hopping there will be soon a patch (I'm french)

Thank you.

You know, most people on these foruns that come from other non-english countries dont have the luxury of having their games translated to their native tongues :< We're even now ah! :D

also 1024x600 is superior to 800x600 so yea it should be supported me thinks.

You know, most people on these foruns that come from other non-english countries dont have the luxury of having their games translated to their native tongues :< We're even now ah! :D

That would be a massive task, but a rewarding one too. :D I actually thought of doing that for FtG, but when I thought all the events needing translation I quickly gave up.

That would be a massive task, but a rewarding one too. :D I actually thought of doing that for FtG, but when I thought all the events needing translation I quickly gave up.

Assemble a team for it, preferebly Portugueses, brazilians cant type :p

When will the new AGCEEP map be released?

events.csv represents only 200 pages in a Word document with minimal margins :eek:o
Some events are mere copy and paste ;)

just some :( and then you have interface.csv and countries.csv that are big pieces too, the rest is easy and quick :D
All in all less than 300 hours including the tests and problems encountered.

now if one was to translate AGCEEP, here is a real challenge ! :p

Yes, anything between 600 and 2400 for the height.

See here for beta French translation.
Thx,
But i just launched the game, and as I was afraid for my little netbook, we jump from 800*600 to 1024*768 ;)
There is no 1024*600. However, I did not try to force it in the settings.txt Maybe it will work without deformation. I'll try it as soon as I get my netbook back :)

Last edited:
Thx,
But i just launched the game, and as I was afraid for my little netbook, we jump from 800*600 to 1024*768 ;)
There is no 1024*600. However, I did not try to force it in the settings.txt Maybe it will work without deformation. I'll try it as soon as I get my netbook back :)
Do you mean 1024x600 was not available in the resolution list?

Please answer in the French support. It will be easier. ;)

Confused and new to EU2 and AGCEEP

Hi,

I have owned EU3 for over a year and have realy got in to it. I saw FtG on Gamers Gate yesterday and purchased it not being too sure about what it was about but interested in the 10000 historical events. I never tried EU2 and have never heard of AGCEEP.

My question is simple, the game has a mod option which includes no mods or the AGCEEP mod plus one other . Am I right in assuming that FtG without the AGCEP mod selected is still a version of EU2 modified with a version of AGCEEP and other changes. If not am I to assume then that to enjoy the 10000 historical events and this game at its fullest I should play with the AGCEEP mos enabled ???.

Basically what game is this with no mod selected , is it just a slightly changed EU2 with no AGCEEP.

Sorry but I am totally confused.:wacko:

Idris rock.

heavy changed EU2 :)

Ye, you need to select AGCEEP if you want to have the 10,000 events but I recommend to start with the tutorial and next the standard 1492 scenario as France to master the basics.