• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
Please use this thread in order to post questions that were answered by the team (even if you are not sure).

Following post will be amended accordingly.

Enjoy!

edited by Hildoceras

I've read for you all the DevDiaries (well I also translated them, so I had to read them first). i also read what Paradox and Gamersgate published. So here is a short abstract of what has been published so far.
(I may have missed some stuff)

- minimum requirement OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista or windows 7;
300MHz CPU, 512Mb RAM (the OS alone may need more);
DirectX 8.0, 4Mb video card

- support all screen sizes, from 800x600 up to any size wide and 2400 pixels high (until WQUXGA for wide screens and QUXGA for standard screens)

- interface improvements

• [*] five map modes, political map mode is playable ; cores are made visible or invisible by clicking the capital
    [*] reworked top bar, information adjusts to the chosen resolution
    [*] game helps (reducing learning step)
    • reminders : little red flags as reminders and warnings (notifier) for the player (13)
    • enhanced information windows
    • much more tool-tips and many previouly existing reworked for more precise information

[*] more keyboard or mouse shorcuts (zoom: +/- or wheel, pause: F9)
    [*] modern fonts, enhanced shields and flags (flags in million colors)
    [*] new sprites (cities, units, buildings...)
    [*] settings directly modifiable without reloading the game (language, font, style, music, mod)
    [*] choice for resolution and between fullscreen and windowed mode
    [*] modified and more user friendly ledger (direct access to a province by clicking the name)

- enhanced script engine

• [*] no limitation to the number of actions in events
    [*] trigger for actions and commands (define ai chance; discover the map; membership to hre, electors; set a good to a province; annex province; trigger on a tag; trigger isvassal, isoverlord; check the presence of a trading post or a colony in a province; etc.)

- new database engine allowing breaking almost all limits of the Europa Engine

• [*] 2020 provinces, 1000 possible countries, unlimited number of cultures, religions, goods, terrains, technologies ...
    [*] degree of historicity (Historical, normal, random)
    [*] externalized values; makes easier to modify any parameter (almost nothing set in the executable, all variables have been extracted to be visible)
    [*] more easily modable with the possibility to modify what exists but also add new elements on the same model
    [*] different level in the datas (continent->region->area->province; christian->catholic->counter-reform)
    [*] modifiable time frame

- game changes
  • cores (national province, claim province, casus belli province)
  • pirates and privateers (new leader) added
  • rebels with full morale
  • revolters changed in independant country get an army to defend themlselves
  • specific land connections (through permanent terra incognita for example)
  • other specific land connections that are blocked during winter
  • conversion and colonisation chances computed at the end of the process
  • reworked and added scenarios (more accurate setups, monarchs and leaders lists)
  • reworked AI controlled countries behavior
  • reworked manpower and supply/attrition models

once again, it is to be completed and it is only to give some idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: Will you be able to move sprites on Political Map Mode?

A: Yes.

---

Q: Will there be a new map?

A: No.

---

Q: Will there be Development Diaries?

A: Yes.

---

Q: Will there be a Demo?

A: Yes, probably.

--

Q: What's the release date?

A: Sometime Q4 2009, probably before Christmas.

---

Q: What will the game cost?

A: Preliminary $19.95.

---

Q: What will the system requirements be?

A: minimum requirement OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista or windows 7;
300MHz CPU, 512Mb RAM (the OS alone may need more);
DirectX 8.0, 4Mb video card

---

Q: Will there be a boxed version?

A: It is planned for some countries. EDIT: These plans were scrapped before the release. No boxed version will be published.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be some conversion necessary, but we're already using several different maps in beta testing.

Hi, I have loved and enjoyed both EU2 and AGCEEP for many years.

However, I have not been able to determine how For the Glory is different from the past. All the descriptions I have seem have been vague and the same as what could be said of AGCEEP.

Please do not think I am trying to be insulting. I am not. I just have the question as to what is added? New features, game options, national decisions, etc?

Thank you to all those who developed EU2 and AGCEEP for many hours of fun and learning.

Hi, I have loved and enjoyed both EU2 and AGCEEP for many years.

However, I have not been able to determine how For the Glory is different from the past. All the descriptions I have seem have been vague and the same as what could be said of AGCEEP.

Please do not think I am trying to be insulting. I am not. I just have the question as to what is added? New features, game options, national decisions, etc?

Thank you to all those who developed EU2 and AGCEEP for many hours of fun and learning.
Your description of what you have seen is vague. Have you looked in the forum and read the developer diaries?

Hello,

I understand you said the system requirements will be the same as EU2 but I'm still curious for a more practical response.

The way I see it this game could be a great option for fans of EU that work with laptops that just don't have the capability to run newer games, but at the same time are plagued with Windows Vista.

So, will the game run on a laptop with built-in graphics (Mirage 3 or some other crap like that) and running Windows Vista? What about performance?

In case this game can be run on "work" laptops I think it would be wise to market it as being "laptop friendly". A great option for playing on the train to work or during your break =)

Specs according to the GG page here: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FTG/for-the-glory

System requirements
# Windows 2000/XP/Vista
# Pentium II 266 MHz
# 256MB RAM
# 1GB free hard drive space
# 2MB Video Card DirectX Compatible
# DirectX compatible soundcard
# DirectX 8.0 or highter
# Mouse & keyboard

I personally can't say for sure about a specific piece of gfx hardware like the Mirage 3 you mentioned (maybe someone else can clarify this), but in general the specs seem still quite low to me, so nobody should need an high end system to play FTG.

more probably 512Mb RAM and the Pentium II might suffer to run it but it would do its job, slowly but surely :cool: (I wouldn't use it on the biggest mods :wacko: )

the SIS mirage 3 integrated chip should do the job, largely, it is 5 years more recent than EU2

My specs are:
  • Windows XP
  • Pentium IV 3.06 GHz (the laptop version with a tiny cache)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 64 MB GeForce FX Go 5200 graphics card (no shared memory)
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Touchpad & keyboard
I have no problem running it, and that's with Visual Studio, Firefox (with an average of 8 tabs), and Thunderbird all running at the same time.

Your description of what you have seen is vague. Have you looked in the forum and read the developer diaries?

Hi, I was looking for a clear simple statement. My guess is other will be interested in "For the Glory," but will have the same question. How is this different?

Why should I play it over EU2 with AGCEEP?

Thank you Jayavarman.

The game looks great! The new features are right on with what is needed.