• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, that's what I meant regarding the Heartlands. Same conclusion there too, as they're ironically the main faction with primogeniture in the game I'm playing. But likewise, Colovia was (key word was) on elective, as was Nibenay, but so were at least 4 of Skyrim's Holds, including Solitude, Whiterun, Falkreath, and Eastmarch, and maybe a few others. I know one was on gavelkind, but I didn't do a comprehensive survey. This was roughly 110 years into the game too. I just found it incredibly incredibly strange...

Awesome read! Definitely subscribing.

History of the Valomar Empire of Tamriel
by Princess Alexandra Valomar
Published in 234th year of the third era

citation from the prologue:
In this current age of peace and prosperity under the imperial banners, it is sometimes hard to imagine the horrors of the divided world, but once there was a divided world, a world were the mightiest ruled and the weak had to succumb to their power.
This was the interregnum, when the Cyrodiilic Empire of Reman came chrashing down and the world was plunged into war. One by one the nations of Tamriel broke apart, High Rock, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Argonia, Valenwood and of course Cyrodiil.
Only Morrowind and Alinor remained strong.
But this was not the end, because from these ashes rose the Valomar dynasty in the ancient fatherland of the human race, Skyrim.​

Chapter V: Further Conquests

After his initial invasions on the Breton and Imperial territories, the High King decided to rest and replenish his strength back home,
this was a time of great political upheaval, as new goverments and authorities had to be arranged for the conquered provinces, Skyrim was just spreading too fast.

These years were stressful for the king, all attempts to conceive a child failed, physicians and mages confirmed that it was not the High Kings fault, everything pointed out towards the queen.
Eorlund loved his wife greatly, but a woman who cant have children is useless.
Frustrated with his wife, Eorlund turned once again towards military issues,
He deemed Skyrim strong enough to invade Nibenay, second largest human realm in Tamriel, after Skyrim of course.
Kings generals were overjoyed, they dreamed of taking the Imperial City, however Eorlund was more cautious,
he was not ready to take the main prize in Tamriel, no, Imperial city and the White-Gold Tower had to wait until Skyrim was worthy of her.

13466711685_1ca0ce72cc_b.jpg

Officially the war was declared because of Nagastani, Skyrims enclave in Nibenay, had come under attack by King Percios forces,
unofficially Eorlund wanted to control Lake Rumares shores, Rumare surrounded the Imperial City, making the control of the lake vital in case of siege.

High Kings army assembled at Sancre Tor, unofficial capital of Colovia within the realm, Eorlund commanded a force of 11 000 Nords and Colovians,
this was the first time that the Colovians contributed a significant force to the High kingdoms armies.

The army marched first towards the Imperial City, causing panic in the city, but they passed the city and marched towards Nagastani, taking control of the surrounding areas,
there King Percios II of Nibenay and the Heartlands desired to stop the "Nordic Invasion"

13466810883_38c391c262_o.png

Nibenays army was almost 14 000 strong, being outnumbered, the Nordic army assembled on the nearby hilltop, where it would be harder for the Nibeneans to use their cavalry superiority against the High Kings forces.
The battle began with a Nibenean cavalry attack, supported by the volleys of 2000 archers,
as expected, the calvary found it difficult to move towards the hill, Nordic archers and Colovian battlemages slaughtered the enemy with accurate fire.
After this the Nibeneans threw everything they had against the High King.
Skyrims feared axe wielding, heavily armored, troops engaged the enemy with the support of the lighter Colovian infantry units.
Battle lasted for several hours, but the Nibeneans just could not move their enemy from that "cursed hill" and they were forced to retreat.

13466709085_8e742aa7d4_o.png

Battle of Caractacus ended with a humiliating defeat for the Nibenean army, few days later the remains of the army escaped North, and received some reinforcements,
Nibeneans attempted to avoid the High King and invade Colovia in order to draw Eorlund away from their territory.

13466809213_8136fa2483_o.png

Traitor in their ranks deserted and told this to High King Eorlund, who immediately turned to engage and defeat the enemy at the battle of Magia.

13466712725_feee59dd13_b.jpg

King Percios II had no choice but to take the terms offered by Skyrim, he was glad that the Imperial City stayed in his possession, and tought that the peace was relatively generous.

13466911343_efb18a27d1_b.jpg

With the war over, Eorlund initially decided to go home again, but a civil war in the small kingdom of Cheydin attracted the High Kings attention.
Barely a year ago Emelia Avygano seized the throne in a civil war of her own, she was 91 years old, but still as young looking as a 20 year old.
She was rumoured to be a vampire, and this sparked another civil war to remove her, a perfect opportunity to seize Cheydinhall for Skyrim.
This was more like a minor skirmish than a war, and afterwards the city of Cheydinhall and a small mountain territory of Kemen were handed over to Skyrim.

High King Eorlund led the army back to Sancre Tor, and left it there, he travelled back to Whiterun only with his personal guard.

13467138703_3e8b0dc817_b.jpg

Back at Whiterun there still no sign of a royal child, the council suggested a divorce and that the High King should marry a younger woman, one that is proven fertile.
Eorlund refused, and instead went to the temple to pray for Mara, goddess of fertility and motherhood.

13467155554_3abf254dc0_o.png

Disaster struck the royal family, the Queenmother Vilena suddenly died, she had suffered from a painful illness for some time, and apparently did not want to anymore.
Official announcement was that the disease took her, she was considered to be the matriarch of Skyrim and the people genuinely mourned for her.

13467154684_7b3e5700f5_o.png

Eorlund intrest for war was quelled for now and he resumed his duties as the supreme ruler of the realm, foreign dignitaries visited his court and great banquets were held,
laws were written and administration of Colovia was brought closer to that of Skyrim.

13466804865_0f3f83a375_o.png

On a chilly winter morning of the 21st of Evening Star a physician was called to Dragonsreach to examine High Queen Skjorta, who felt sick and dizzy.
After a quick inspection the physician called the High King and informed the couple that the Queen was pregnant!
Eorlund immediately called for celebrations throughout the realm and a thanksgiving mass was held at the temple for the honour of the Eight Divines.

13466804985_01ab82dd2b_o.png

On the 11th of Sun's Height the baby was born!
A daughter was a small disappointment to everyone, except to the proud (and relieved) parents of course.
She was named Elisif, the High King wanted to call her Astrid after his grandmother, but his Queen overruled him in this matter.
Despite the birth of his daughter, the High Kings succession was still unclear, because his brother Prince Kieran had many supporters in Skyrim, and he had a son.
This would have to be corrected, or Eorlund would have to accept the loss of his crown to his brother or nephew.​

A pity it must be corrected, a queen of Skyrim would be interesting.

Heh, the second era does seem a bit less progressive (probably not the right word in the setting) than the fourth era. Ironically, I was thinking of naming one of my next daughters Elisif in my game :p The more I play Skyrim the more the name grows on me, and after the recent episode of Agents of Shield (I've not seen the Thor movies) just Sif is growing on me too.

Heh, the second era does seem a bit less progressive (probably not the right word in the setting) than the fourth era. Ironically, I was thinking of naming one of my next daughters Elisif in my game :p The more I play Skyrim the more the name grows on me, and after the recent episode of Agents of Shield (I've not seen the Thor movies) just Sif is growing on me too.
Heh, sometimes female rulers are nice change, but most times i want a male heir, i dont know why. Maybe its because of history, when there was a female ruler in a country, she was usually very strong women, like Elisabeth I and Victoria in Britain, or Elisabeth and Catherine the Great in Russia.
Elisif is indeed a very pretty name, i was looking for nice norse names, but they all seem to sound too harsh, considering that she might became the empress of Tamriel, if a son is never born, i wanted her to have a nice name for empress. :D

Edit: My 100th post, yay!

Yeah, though Tamriel is different, at least in some times and places there. I personally prefer to have a rather even balance, though too many women and I do get a bit concerned if the AI can handle setting up the marriages correctly, heh. Ironically enough, last time it happened to me, the AI married my female heir normally... but to a member of the same dynasty, so... *shrugs*, gave me a heart attack either way, heh.

Overall I do quite enjoy the different names in this mod, though funnily enough I later found out some of them are actually real names, like Vittoria. Are you going to keep mostly unique names to your rulers, as it always seemed to me that in Skyrim they didn't go so much for the numbering as they do in Cyrodiil? I was considering opening up the txt files and scouting out what good names are, but sadly don't have the mod on my primary computer, just the laptop, heh.

13474798985_0a33de2f46_o.png

In this list you can see that my latest fetish is naming everyone uniquely, and luckily they all have different nicknames.
This is funny considering that in normal game i have a fetish for regnal numbers, Byzantines are best for that, as they have a long history starting all the way from Augustus. :D

Oh yes, I don't truly consider it a game until I have a name that's gotten it up to at least IV ;) :) Sadly, it's a struggle to get even IIIs sometimes.... I'll also admit, I did play a Byzantine game for that express purpose once too ;) (Though defeated it kind of by making a custom character named Ioannes for it as well :p )

I think we're in luck when it comes to nicknames though, as EK added quite a few I believe, or at least there's a ton I've never seen before. In fact, my only complaint seems to be that *every* leader gets a nickname now though, heh.

Citation from chapter about the birth of Eorlund:
The prince's eyes were deep blue like the chilly waters of the Sea of Ghosts,
he had a long hair from birth, the colour was blonde, almost golden.
His father used to say that his son was as strong as the bears of the Rift, and as fierce as the Saber cats of the Reach.

Chapter VI: King of Cyrodiil

Eorlunds line was at least partially secured, but a female heir required some arrangements.
The High King immediately contacted his brother in Windhelm.

13486037984_678d324e4b_o.png

If Eorlund will not get a son of his own, then he will make sure that his nephew is up to the task,
His brother made an unforgivable mistake by naming his son "Rorik", that is a name deeply connected to the Valomar dynasty,
as the dynastys first ruler is now considered to be one of Skyrims most legendary heroes, alongside the likes of Ysgramor and Harald.
Raised by a strong mother and a demanding father had made Eorlunds nephew shy and quiet child, to think that this child could one day sit on the throne of Skyrim.

13486037124_49fdb88217_o.png

In order to secure his daughters inheritance Eorlund turned towards Colovia, wich was very friendly and supportive towards the High King,
in Skyrim many were now supporting Prince Kieran and Eorlund did not feel like Skyrim was his home anymore,
moving his court to Colovia was not an option however, as he would surely lose the throne.
Lords of Colovia approved to end the elective system in their lands, and chose the eldest child of High King Eorlund as their heir, but male children still go before females.

13486036694_482d77cc6e_o.png

Dynastic troubles were once again thrown aside, as the High King prepared to bring an end to the Kingdom of Kvatch. (Sorry OAM )
This is the last step, after this there is no way Nibenay can call itself "the protector of Cyrodiil"
The crown of Kvatch will soon be decorating the High Kings hall, just like the crowns of Colovia, Jehenna and the Heartlands.

13486036054_dfd12cc774_o.png

Kvatch was weak, constant wars with the neighbouring Anvil had left it nearly without soldiers, and the nation was bankrupt.
When the High Kings army approached the city of Kvatch, Eorlund could immediately see that siege would be hard, the city was built on top of a large hill and it had strong walls.
Luckily a siege was not necessary, the people of Kvatch opened the gates to their city, their Queen had ran from her own capital and thus forsaking her titles.
The former chancellor of the Kingdom offered the crown to Eorlund, who put it on his head and went to the cathedral to thank the Divines.

13485778043_8aa6e14150_o.jpg

During a feast at the Castle Kvatch, Eorlund gazed at the updated map of his realm, everything was looking good, Skingrad would probably be his next target.
Then he would tie up some loose ends in Anvil and then he would march against Nibenay.

13485776263_eef8d90ba4_o.png

When the High King returned to Sancre Tor, his "capital" on the field, he heard news from northern Skyrim, apparently the Greybeards had summoned a new Dragonborn to High Hrothgar.
And he called himself Svog Valomar. Eorlund immediately rode to Whiterun and summoned this man before him.

Authors Note: Here is what i now; back in the days when Rorik I Valomar became the Jarl of Whiterun he was tought of being the only member of his house, Rorik was a child of the former Jarls cousin,
she however had another son, a bastard, called Hagrad, who also called himself Valomar.

The tought of having a Dragonborn as a relative intrigued Eorlund immensely, he declared that Svogs family line was now a cadet branch of the Royal House of Valomar,
they were entitled to use the Valomar colours and name officially.

13486031234_da72194a39_o.png

Coat of Arms of the Valomar Senior line, descended from Rorik I (right)
and Junior line descended from Hagrad (left)

13486030484_8b8e3d5a08_o.png

King spent some months in home, and that resulted another pregnancy for the Queen, Eorlund had just celebrated his 40th birthday and blamed (or praised) the mead for that.

13485772123_cd284c1da2_o.jpg

Eorlund did not have time to wait for the birth of his second child, Vitellio Atena had succeeded in overthrowing the vampire queen of Cheydinhall (referred in the previous chapter)
Also there was that disgusting fact that the king was married to a Khajit!
Interracial marriages between men and "beasts" (Kahjit and Argonian) were something of an taboo in Tamriel.
Vitellios small state would be a good launching point for the invasion of Nibenay, as their capital Bramblepoint was not far from the border.
Drums of war beat again.

13485770883_4e1029e6e1_o.png

Eorlund received news to his field headquartes, that his wife gave birth to an healty daughter.
Still no son for the High King.
Eorlund sent a letter to his wife, he wrote that he would not come home for a long time, it was time to to end Nibenays time as a great power once and for all!

Imperial_City_-_Arrival_Cinematic.jpg

The prize, Imperial City, ancient seat of the human empires of Saint Alessia and Reman Cyrodiil.

13485670745_07c2c13a8f_o.png

The Nordic-Colovian army marched to the Imperial City itself, as Eorlund gazed its great white walls he felt sad that soon he would have to bombard them with catapults.
The siege went on for four days before Eorlund heard news that some Colovian infantry units had penetrated the walls in the cover of the darkness,
High King immediately sent reinforcements, but his forces were pushed back by the defenders,
so Eorlund decided to wait for the Nord army marching from Skyrim, under the leadership of the Dragonborn.

13485669745_f89bf7cb1a_o.jpg

Svog arrived with his men, and Eorlund ordered the attack on a stormy morning.
This was when the legend was born.
As a great thunderstrom arrived on top of the besieged city, the High King himself stood in front of the Great gates of the city, the defenders looked at him with great suprise,
High King Eorlund gathered his voice and let out a shout so powerful that it threw open the heavy gates and parts of the wall crumbled around them, the defenders behind the gates flew away from the gateway.
Exactly the same time a thunderbolt struck the White-Gold Tower!
From this day forward High King Eorlund was known amongst his soldiers as Talos, meaning "Stormcrown" in ancient Nordic.
After the gates fell, the High King took out his greatsword KrilShulDu'l (BraveSunCrown in the language of the Dragons) and charged the city with his army following in his footsteps.
With some losses the Nords got into the city and began to fight their way further, heavy fighting occured in the Arena District where the gladiators joined the battle on the side of the defenders,
the Grand Champion was slain by the Dragonborn himself.
After reaching the Green Emperor Way, Eorlund politely knocked on the door of the tower and asked to see the High Chancellor.

13485668395_b610442d5c_o.png

The Elder Council saw that futher resistance to Eorlund will only harm the civilians and the city, so they decided to surrender the White-Gold tower.
The city was now in the hands of the Valomar!
Members of the Elder Council came to negotiate with the High King, who demanded the the crown of Cyrodiil and in return he would acknowledge the authority of the Council in Cyrodiil.

13485668245_33449b335c_o.png

But even with this mighty victory the war had just begun!
Nibenean army arrived on the shores of Lake Rumare, High King led his troops away from the city, and crossed the bridge over the river, he met the enemy in an open ground.
He was not afraid, he was Talos Stormcrown and with him was the Dragonborn, they could not be defeated.
Yol Toor Shul!

13485667195_9f275cfdd3_o.png

The Nibeneans ran in the face of Nordic axes and Colovian spears,
the war was decided on that day.
After the battle Eorlund returned to the Imperial City to rest and wait for reinforcements,
but they came with a suprise!
Eorlunds wife High Queen Skjorta led them herself!
Apparently she had a vision about the battle, about the thunderstorm, and the gods told her that now was the time, she would have a son whos destiny was to lead an empire.

13485764533_fbdcb528be_o.png

The war went on, the High King secured the territory around lake Rumare, and defeated the remains of the Nibenean armies.
Nine months after his wife arrived she gave birth to a child, a boy!
He was born in a battlefield, and had purple eyes, he did not cry nor scream, he was calm.
He was given the name Mathies, a name both Nordic and Imperial.
Eorlund lifted him up for all of his soldiers to see, and celebrations erupted in the camp.
A message was sent to all corners of the Realm; the High King had a son.

13485764123_3946717b0c_o.jpg

Victory in this war meant that majority of Cyrodiil, as well as the Imperial City, centerpoint of Tamriel, was now united under the Valomar banners.
The coronation was held after the peace was signed and Eorlund moved his capital from Whiterun to the City.

13485663645_229e297b37_o.png

The coronation was held at the temple of the One
Set of new regalia were made for the Valomar kings,
throne, scepter, sword, ring and of course the crown.

Coronation was described by an Elder Council member followingly:
"The temple was decorated with the blue banners of Skyrim and the new banners of Cyrodiil,
the thrones were the centerpiece.
First the priests entered, followed by His Holiness the High Priest of the Eight Divines.
Then the High Chancellor entered and took his seat next to the thrones of the King and Queen.
After that, the Regalia was carried to the temple, they were carried by an mix of races under the High King, Bretons, Nords and Imperials.
Then the Royal couple entered the Temple, High King and Queen were wearing brand new coronation robes, and Eorlund had the Crown of Skyrim on his head, his Queen had a lovely Ayleid tiara.
First the couple received the blessings from the Divines, priests of the Eight gave their blessings individually, then the King swore an oath for the people of Cyrodiil.
The High Chancellor then brought the oath in form of pergament and the King signed it, and proceeded to sit on the throne with his Queen.
High Priest then blessed the regalia and the priests gave the ring and scepter to Eorlund and the crown of Skyrim was placed next to the throne on a velvet pillow,
lastly the High Priest took the crown of Cyrodiil and blessed it before handing it over to the High Chancellor, who then put in on Eorlunds head.
After shouting "Gods save the King!" for a few times the King rose from the throne and placed the consorts crown on his wifes head, and a tiny circlet on his son, who was sleeping soundly in a crib.

High King Eorlund was 46 years old, and the world was open to him!

Heh, large and good update. I'd say it's glorious enough I can forgive you for taking over Cyrodiil, and it was bound to happen after awhile I guess, heh. Kvatch in your game seemed more worthy of being put out of its misery anyway, sadly enough. (Also by my current point in game I have a decent number of holdings in Skyrim, so it's even ;) :p )

Still have Nibenay and Skingrad to go though. I have mixed feelings about Skingrad, but for some reason Nibenay rubs me the wrong way, so have at it ;)

Congratulations! Any specific plans from here on? Glad to hear that the banners of Skyrim are hanging in the temple.

Congratulations! Any specific plans from here on?
Well, few remaining enemies in Cyrodiil will have to be taken care of, then i guess High Rock's unification is next.

Out of curiosity, why is all text center-aligned and not left-aligned?
I think it looks much clearer and easier to read, but thats maybe just me.

Citation from the chapter about Eorlunds youth:
Eorlund always loved his younger brother Kieran, as children they played and commited mischiefs together, they did not have other friends.
However the two brothers grew apart, Eorlund became the High King at the age of fourteen, and their mother concentrated her efforts on the elder brother, leaving Kieran to the nannies.
Ultimately Eorlund was almost always in his campaigns, and his brother was left behind.

Chapter VII: High Rock and High King

The Royal family's relocation to the Imperial City left many Nords feeling betrayed, their own High King moves into a foreign country and surrounds himself with foreigners!

Valomars had many new things to adjust to, Dragonsreach palace in Whiterun was made of wood, it had one great hall and quarters for the Jarl and his family.
The White-Gold Tower was huge, hundreds of rooms and cold stone floors depressed the High Queen, who was a true daughter of Skyrim, and would have preferred to stay in Whiterun.
Eorlund however was overjoyed!
He had been a modest man all his life, but now all the Imperial pomp was getting to him, he felt that all those years that he has spent slaughtering people and conquering lands has earned him this glamour.
More and more he began to take up Imperial customs, even their clothing.

13540180033_87442da8c3_o.png

Prince Kieran was becoming a serious problem, with the High Kings court now in Cyrodiil, he was free to plot against his brother.
Eorlunds advisors had pressured him for years to deal with his brothers treachery, but the High King was reluctant to make any decision.
But now that he had a son to worry about, Eorlund could not ignore the threat of his brother any longer.

13540176943_4bf6dfa0e4_o.png

With conflicting feelings he ordered his royal assassins to do the deed, as humanely as possible, no suffering, just a quick painless death.
That night he prayed the Divines for mercy.

13540393424_c77267ce1a_o.png

When the news about the death of Prince Kieran reached the Imperial City
The High King became depressed, his conscience was killing him.
He locked himself to his quartes, and refused to see anybody, including his wife.

13540173453_8b12594627_o.jpg

Cyrodiil was still not fully united, western part of the country had to be secured.
Eorlund was in no position to march with the army, so he ordered the Dragonborn to march to Anvil, and seize control of the area.
Skyrim-Cyrodiil declared war on the Redguard kingdom of Gilane and the Republic of Anvil, with good results.

13540066255_46fdb57eee_o.png

It wasnt until four years later that the High King could gather himself, for there was a grave threat, removing his brother had only made things slightly better.
There was now a rumour in Skyrim, that the Jarls no longer supported Valomar to the throne of Skyrim.
Should the High King die tommorow for example, the Moot would choose another Jarl to lead Skyrim.
Shattering of the realm his ancestors had worked so hard to unite could not be tolerated,
the jarls of Skyrim had to be put to their place, or they would be put to the sword!

13540386384_f45d5eeb5e_o.png

First Eorlund secured the support of Cyrodiil by securing the rights of the nobility there,
this law did not apply in Skyrim, where revocation of titles was still possible.

13540061755_872fd09edd_o.jpg

Eorlund was looking at the map of Tamriel and for the first time in his life, he felt old.
He was no Mer, he would not stay young like the elves.
Skingrad and Nibenay still denied his authority but nevertheless, he decided to move against the Bretons, High Rock was next in his list, simply because Eorlunds time was running out.
Before leaving for the Breton lands, Eorlund went to the Temple of the One, and prayed for Akatosh, god of time, to give him few more years to his life and a chance to complete his dream.

13540059835_1a4c450ae6_o.png

All out invasion of High Rock was declared and next 4-5 years the High King was leading his troops against the Bretons.
Bretons were no warriors like the Nords of the Imperials, they were simpler people, but still defended their lands.
Few men however, could resist the power of the High Kings Thu'um.
By the end of this "1st Nordic Invasion of High Rock", Eorlund controlled most of the Breton land.
Many Bretons actually welcomed this, as they were anxious to see the return of an human empire.

13540164073_aa8793d0b5_o.png

One of the most horrible points of the invasion was the "Sacking of Orsinium"
Normally Eorlunds forces had behaved themselves in conquered cities, but as the fierce Orcish defenders fought to the last man and women,
the human soldiers began killing, looting and pillaging, despite the High Kings attempts to control his men, by nightfall Orsinium was in flames.

Orcs would hold a grudge against us for several centuries, and even now when Orsinium has been rebuilt with Imperial funds, they are still not very friendly towards Imperials or Nords.

13540162053_0c3da22822_o.png

And so Eorlund declared himself King of High Rock, despite the fact that the ancient core areas of the province, Wayrest and Daggerfall, still remained out of his reach.
He could now declare wars, using the "unification of High Rock" as a cause.
But more importantly he could now claim three High Kingdoms, making his realm almost as big as the Reman Empire was at the time of Reman I, before his sons conquests.

13540377394_6197be9cea_o.png

13540375244_104afa39a4_o.png

During his time in High Rock, the High Kings oldest daughter Elisif became a woman, and as decided many years ago, she married Tolfdir Bjorga, a boy selected personally by Eorlund,
he made Tolfdir Jarl of Anvil when his armies conquered the area, marriage was matrilineal in order to protect the Valomar line.
Tolfdir belonged to the prestigious bloodline of Ysgramor's 500 companions, original Nordic warriors who came from Atmora and established Nords as the rulers of Skyrim.

13540048415_e9de3ffef2_o.jpg

After Eorlund returned to the Imperial City he heard terrible news from the south.
The Nibeneans had somehow subjugated the Khajits of Elsweyr, and to make matters worse, their king Malpenios was embracing the Maruhkati heresy!
High King Eorlund of Skyrim and Cyrodiil, protector of Tamrielic peoples had to do something!

But before that, there were big festivities in Whiterun, for it had been 200 years since Rorik Valomar became the Jarl of Whiterun,
Eorlund and his family returned to their old capital to celebrate the Valomar Bicentennial.

13540046565_350829ede3_o.png

The treaty of Cedrian was signed after the end of the previous war between Nibenay and Skyrim-Cyrodiil, it quaranteed peace for ten years, the treaty would end within two years.
Eorlund decided to bring Skingrad to fold before the treaty would expire, he returned from Skyrim and stayed in the Imperial City for only little while before he left for Skingrad,
Leaving so quickly from the city would haunt him for the rest of his life.

13540044875_473b4f08a8_o.png

Eorlund received the terrible news while besieging Skingrad, his wife was dead!
Apparently her diet was what killed her, Eorlund however believed that someone had poisoned her.
High King ordered Skjorta's body to be preserved with magic, and placed into the Temple of the One, until Eorlund could return and bury his High Queen.

13540149743_0225d6660f_o.png

Only comfort to the High King was his son, he was already fourteen years old, the same age Eorlund was when he took the throne.
Mathies already followed his father to war, and witnessed the end of Skingrad.

13540147733_a47928fe6b_o.png

As Eorlund and his son returned to Imperial City he began to arrange the funerals of his wife, the High Queen was transported in a large funeral procession back home to Skyrim,
and she was buried with the other Valomar consorts to Whiterun's crypts.

13540364404_5a4569daa7_o.jpg

The dream of an Valomar Empire was quickly becoming reality, if only the ancient symbol of the emperors, given to Saint Alessia by the Divine Akatosh himself, could be discovered, the empire woud become reality.
The Amulet of Kings was lost when the Interregnum began, but rumours of its supposed location were circling in the court, some said that it was in Sancre Tor, sacred burial site of the Reman Emperors.
Eorlund sent his son and some soldiers there immediately, this could be the final step.​

Is the Nord ruler slowly becoming more corrupt and powerful after this newfound power in Cyrodiil?

Alas! Eorlund is almost seventy years old, im desperately trying to keep him alive, i mean Tiber Septim lived for 108 years, i require the same. :D
Next chapter will reintroduce pictures from Skyrim as i noticed that last few chapters have been missing them.
(Also as you see in the final picture, the cats are in full rebellion, jay!)

Ps. About Hammerfell, i dont know why, but im not really interested in getting all that desert, but as they are men, uniting them would unite all humans against the elves and the "beast races". Hmm...

Diaries of Mathies I Valomar
Emperor of Tamriel
published by Princess Alexandra Valomar
in 231th year of the third era​

This short book tells a legend, a legend from the formation of the Third Empire.
Amulet of Kings is the divine symbol of the emperors, given to Saint Alessia by Akatosh himself, the story of how my family came into posession of this most important symbol has been in darkness, until now.
Emperor Mathies I held diary for most of his life, those books have been in White-Gold towers archives ever since his death.
My father and all of his predecessors have denied all requests by historians and scholars to access those archives.
When i told my father about my intentions to write a book about his life, he refused almost without a tought. But after i begged him for a very long time, he allowed me to publish this small part of my ancestors life,
so here it is, i only hope that he will give me permission to publish more in the future.

Chapter VIII: Mathies and the Amulet

13580558835_542b6e4e3b_o.jpg

Here i am, at the gates of Sancre Tor, birthplace and the final resting place of Reman I Cyrodiil.
To found a new empire, one must face the ghosts of the old.
Unfortunately i am alone, my father is almost 70 years old and while he is in very good condition for a man of his age, going into a ruined, moist, dungeon would not be good for his health.
I did have a sizeable escort of soldiers with me, but a nasty blizzard suddenly appeared while we were on our way to the ruins, and we all got separated, i should propably stay here and wait for any other survivors to appear,
but i cant be sure that there are any, and besides i will freeze to death if i wait any longer, i can barely hold a quill as it is, and im sure the ink is stiffening as well.
I have my fathers sword KrilShulDu'l, and i have no fear, let this place throw everything it has against me!
Editors note: KrilShulDu'l is today better known as the "Flame of the West", a name given to the sword by the Dunmer during the Imperial invasion of Morrowind.

13580935324_026dd7b781_o.jpg

13580557605_cdfbb08e7e_o.jpg

As i entered trough the heavy doors into the courtyard, i was greeted by the dark forces that dwell here, suddenly bones of those long dead began rising from the ground and evil spirits appeared out of the thin air.
In the heat of the battle i dropped my sword, my hands were so cold that i could not hold onto it, that was probably better, as i now could rely on my more than adequate skills in destruction magic, besides the fire warmed my hands nicely.
Even though i am only sixteen years old, (well in two months i will be, but im very mature for my age.) i had no fear for these creatures,
as i was born in a battlefield with a sword in my hands and i have studied with the mages of the Arcane University, battle is in my veins.
As i write these words, i have discovered the remains of the guardhouse, and found a key to the main fortress, secrets of Sancre Tor await.

13580554825_eb46614002_o.jpg

I am now inside, the first chamber that opens before me is simple, the walls are filled with writing. In this place i feel the history on my shoulders.
I expect to find more undead Akaviri soldiers inside, my blood is getting warmer and my sword is ready, i hear them coming.

13580608073_d53717a97c_o.jpg

I write these words from the first burial chamber, i dont know who's tombs these are, but the design of this one sarcophagus is amazing.
I would like to stay here and pay my respects to them, but my task is calling.
Next chamber appears to be very large and more enemies appear to be waiting for my sword.

13580553575_029dcd4ca1_o.jpg

I cant believe it!
Ancient Akaviri runestone, it still emits strange energy, i feel stronger now.
This is all so fascinating, i must convince my father to fund a proper expedition here once im done.

13580606503_e35313d3a5_o.jpg

Rotting corpses are bothering me now, they are not a real threat, they are dry so they burn easily.
In the end of this hallway is a very big door, i hope that behind them lies what im looking for.

13580929624_c8c11eba07_o.jpg

This is very fascinating!
Im in a huge chamber that is filled with bookcases and other stuff.
On the center is a cage and overlooking it is a balcony with a couple of very large chairs, i think that this is some kind of a court room, its badly damaged tough.
I rest here for a little while, just listening to silence.

13580549665_e0b449c497_o.jpg

In this chamber i met one very charming fellow, who was carrying a big metal key with him.
This looked promising, so i continued forwards.
Its hard to evaluate time in here, but i'd reckon that i've been here for many hours already.

13580930424_070c325aa3_o.jpg

The undead are not the only dangerous things in Sancre Tor, well placed traps protect the relics of the Reman family, even tough i could safely pass all traps, im not here as a graverobber, so i leave everything just the way they were,
i only want one piece of jewelry from here.

13580548285_557c946929_o.jpg

Is this it?
After spending so much time here im getting tired, i dare not to sleep, for that would be the end of me.
I can barely lift my fathers sword, so i rely on magic, it too exhausts me but in a different manner.
This door radiates very familiar and cozy feeling, it seems to welcome me as a friend.
I try the key i discovered some hours ago...
It worked! I go in.

13580926544_3f2c97aabd_o.jpg

My hand is trembling as i write this.
Im there! Standing in front of the tomb of Reman I Cyrodiil himself!
He is sleeping just there, from just a small distance from me.
There are no hostiles in here, this place is like serenity itself.
No sign of the Amulet tough, i dare not to desecrate Remans sarcophagus to find out if its there.
I think i want to sleep now, maybe everything becomes clear afterwards.

Amulet-of-Kings.jpg
He came to me in my dream, Emperor Reman the first.
He asked me what was it, that i seeked.
I answered without a lie.
He asked me what would i use the Amulet for.
I said that it was not for me, but for my father.
Then Reman said something that i did not quite understand, in some wierd language that sounded little bit like roars.
Then he said with his normal voice: Ah! You wish the Amulet, not for yourself, but for someone else, you have been blessed with a noble heart.
Your father will be an important figure in the future, he was chosen, even before he was born.
Take the Amulet of Kings, with the blessing of the Divines, and myself.
Give this message along with the Amulet to the one you call Eorlund Valomar:
"In the name of Akatosh you must light the dragonfires at the Temple of the One, and doing so, you shall light the faith in Tamriel once more, and the Eight shall become Nine."
Say this to your father, for he is the one who will make anew the covenant between the mortals and gods.
And remember that upholding the covenant will pass to you some day, now go my child with my blessing!

13580600353_f58c17bc4f_o.jpg

As i woke from the cold stonefloor at first i felt dizzy, then a strange feeling, like i was burning!
I ripped my cuirass off and i felt my chest with my hand, and there it was, the Amulet of Kings.
It is more beautiful that i could ever imagine!
My mission on this earth has begun, but my fathers mission is nearing its completion.

"The gem is the red diamond in the middle of the Amulet. This is the symbol of the Empire and later taken as the symbol of the Valomar line. It is surrounded by eight other gems, one for each of the divines"
- From the book "Amulet of Kings" by Wenengrus Monhona.

13580599703_7bc876b1a6_o.jpg

I found my way out and the daylight greeted me, darkness has lifted from Sancre Tor.
I see soldiers coming up the slopes, no doubt sent by my father to rescue me, or confirm my demise.
I guess i have to dissappoint them.

Here ends the legend as it was told by Mathies Valomar, he was its only witness so we must trust his word, but true or not, there is no doubt that the founding of the Amulet had some kind of Divine intervention...
-Alexandra Valomar

Last edited: