• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter II:
End of an Era

12658875935_1546df24d4_o.png

City of Chorrol achieved independence after Colovian Estates fell under Skyrim,
it is ruled by a corrupt tyrannical priest called "Cosmian of Chorrol".
High Queen of Skyrim, and of Colovia planned a military campaign to liberate the people of Chorrol from this theocratical dictatorship.
Queen Astrids fiveteen year old son Rorik accompanied her, in order to learn how to command armies, when its his turn to reign.
Nordic army did not anticipate much resistance from this priest.

12658318323_eec77edd47_o.jpg

Today i finally get to go with my mother, the queen, on one of her campaigns.
I have begged to go since i was thirteen, but she has refused me until now, i have lived my entire life near Whiterun, and now i get to see Cyrodiil for the first time.
My body aches for action, i hope for a battle and a chance to make my first kill, my sword is ready!

12658678334_3f82569de8_o.jpg

High Queen Astrid led the army herself, many of her generals tought that the 54 year old sovereign should have allowed her generals to lead, but she herself said that "I will lead as long as i can ride, and i will ride as long as i live."

Seventeenth of Sun's Dawn 3505

I celebrate my sixteenth birthday on the field, soldiers are cheering to me, they call me "Little Prince of North" i dont like that. Im not that small, i swear!
Anyway, all this attention is making me uncomfortable and i miss my friends back in Skyrim, wars are not so fun as i thought.
Many of the soldiers gave me presents that they had made on the field, my mother gave me a new helmet, one with wings made from Swan feathers!

We met the modest army of the enemy near their city, i wanted to fight, but the Queen refused to let me go, how infuriating!
Mother claims that i will have plenty of opportunities to gain glory later in my life, i must be patient.
War came to an end with the occupation of Chorrol and the priest who led the city was killed by his own people, the entire campaign only lasted for four months, and there was no big battles to fight, not much glory to be gained, well maybe next time.

12658840914_b4d49e3951_o.jpg

Prince consort Attrebus was given the city of Chorrol by his spouse, the High Queen.
As the prince was almost ten years younger than his wife, it was safe to assume that he would outlive her, therefore this city serves as his retirement place after the death of the Queen.

Army of the High Kingdom returned home, and i met with my friends, who were obviously jealous that i got to go to war, i was of course very proud, nothing is better than making someone jealous of you.
Sitting on the fireplace in Dragonsreach i told them about Cyrodiil, how the Colovians respect and fear us Nords, i told about their cities made of stone, like Windhelm and Solitude here in Skyrim, but grander.
I also told my friends about their strange customs, how women must obey the will of man, how marriages are arranged against their will, our Nordic women are proud and independent, they would never accept these forced marriages.
Colovians also have other strange customs, like going to temple on every Sundas to listen something called "sermon", we Nords go when ever we feel like it, and the priests never yell as about the mercy of the Divines for many hours, like in Cyrodiil.

As year went by we continued to live our lives like before, we tought that the reign of my mother would last forever, or at least for many years into future, how wrong we were.
My mother fell under fever on 26th of Last Seed, i think she would have been able to fight on and survive, but maybe she tought that her time was over, her work completed.
Astrid 'the Generous' died on the first day of Hearthfire 3506.

12658369925_c5df667d1c_o.jpg

On her tomb, wich lies deep in the Valomar Crypt, are written these simple words:

High Queen Astrid, Conqueror of Colovia

Astrid was the ruler who finally brought all the Nords under Skyrim, and so with her death the 'Age of Reunification' came to an end.
Actions of the future rulers of unified Skyrim will determine the name of this new age, may it lead us to futher glory!

12658847324_77de79e737_o.jpg

"Maw unleashing razor snow,
Of dragons from the blue brought down,
Births the walking winter's woe,
The High King in his Jagged Crown."

Long Live High King Rorik!

I hope you plan on conquering everything.

Chapter III: The Peaceful King

Palace of the High King in Whiterun was bustling with activity, as dignitaries from foreign countries arrived to meet the supreme man of Skyrim.

Today Dragonsreach was filled with colour, as men and mer alike wanted to meet me in person.
Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer and Orsimer, Khajiit, Argonian, Breton, Imperial and Redguard.

Most freezing experience was the meeting with the "Queen of the Heartlands", this Isolda woman ruled the Imperial City, she obviously feared that my armies would invade her realm and destroy her.
Right now my mind was elsewhere, Skyrim was a mess, my grandfathers reforms were quickly becoming harder to maintain and there was a talk of rebellion among Colovians living under Skyrim.
Clearly something has to be done, in order to keep Skyrim united and stable.

Colovians were first in my list and with the help of my able ministers i founded the "Bureau of Foreign Citizens", or BFC, responsible for keeping all non-Nords in line troughout the High Kingdom.
Within a month the BFC discovered five plots to assassinate Nordic nobles in Colovia, two plots to kill me and then the most horrid and disgusting plot of them all, an attempt to stop Skyrim from getting delicious sweetrolls trough murders of several talented bakers! All of the conspirators were executed swiftly, and mostly without torture, except those sweetroll murderers whose screams could be heard all the way to the Imperial City!

Now that the Colovians were peaceful again, i decided to seek the council of the Divines by making a pilgrimage to High Hrothgar, a monastery situated in the Throat of the World, most sacred mountain in Skyrim and the home of the Greybeards.

Highhrothgaar.png

Monastery of High Hrothgar, in here the ancient Greybeards reside, living in absolute silence to better attune themselves to the voice of the sky.

12797048694_24530fec6e_o.png

It was a bad decision to go with just a few bodyguards....
Is this a sign from the Divines? Or just a sign that there are too many bandits in Skyrim?
Maybe i should hire some adventurers to take care of those bandits, im sure that many heroes would like some cash or some useless item as a reward for this quest..
Where did i put the keys to the "useless weapons, armour and other crap closet"?
Nevertheless i had a lot of time to meditate on the affairs of the state, and i began my long work of reforming Skyrims Judiciary, Legislature and Executive powers, i of course maintain supremacy over all of these, "separation of powers" never!

12875190485_833c3fc0c1_o.jpg

Yes! I got married, altough im working day and night i had some time to spend with my wife after the weddings, my court was not so pleased with my Imperial wife, but i dont care, this is a marriage of love, not politics.

Seven years later

12876354734_0edda6116e_o.png

I have a son! A beautiful and gorgeous boy! An heir to the throne!

12876775095_14b0b30192_o.jpg

Five years later the High King had a second son, named Kieran.
Rorik 'the Open-Handed' has now ruled Skyrim for twelve years, and not a single war or battle have been fought under his rule,
this has started to lower his popularity amongst the Nordic nobles, to whom a battle is the only way to achieve glory, and to earn a resting place in Sovngarde after death.
Kingdom of Nibenay has become stronger with the conquest of the Imperial City, clearly king Constano of Nibenay aims to unite Cyrodiil under his banner, this has caused the nobility in Skyrim to demand military actions against the Nibeneans.
But the High King prefers to wait and see how things develop, causing even more grudge amongst the nobles.

12877285965_b71f032211_o.png

Few years later, on the 19th year of his reign, Rorik finally fulfilled his mothers and grandfathers dream of a centralized armed forces, where nobles would have to pledge most of their troops to the High Kingdoms armies.
The nobility accepted this reluctantly, and rumors of a plot against the High King by his own people began to circulate all over the country...

The_Black_Sacrament.png

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."

Travelling up to the Monastery and having to fight a troll...not fun! (*ahem*)

Now Skyrim has a Prince and the line of succession is secured! Although your ending alluding to the Black Hand is most intriguing... revolution is never a good thing!

Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund part I: Ascension​

E1004570_1.jpg

Banner of Eorlund, son of Rorik

13064725423_893d43e21f_o.png
The stars darken for High King Rorik, his peaceful policy has brought prosperity to Skyrim and a new generation has grown up without knowing the horrors of war, but this would not last.
As he celebrates his silver jubilee, dark forces gather to end his "honorless" rule.​

Jarl Ingvar was scared, two days ago he had performed the "black sacrament", and evil ritual to summon the assassins of the Dark Brotherhood.
Many jarls in Skyrim had gathered secretly to discuss about their liege, the High King, his reign was marked by prosperity and content, jarls were growing fat in their halls and longhouses, this would not do.
War was needed in order to live forever in Sovngarde, a place you could only get when dying in battle.
Since the High King was not yet old and he was fairly popular amongst the common folk a desicion was made to end his life permanently.
Summoning the Brotherhood was trusted to Jarl Ingvar, who carried it out very reluctantly...

Ingvar waited for the assassins in an old ruin deep in the forests of Falkreath, he had brought a few bodyguards with him, but they were all slain by the walking dead beings known as "Draugr", Ingvar alone had survived by locking himself to a dark chamber somewhere in the catacombs.
There he was, he heard the Draugr on the other side, sometimes they would strike the door with their rusty weapons, but mostly they just seemed to walk around near the door.
After few hours he heard footsteps in the cold floorstones, then a sound of dead flesh being cut by a sharp steel and the Draugr snarling as they hit the floor, their bodies becoming lifeless once again, and then finally silence.
Ingvar listened in the darkness, his heartbeat was nearly killing him, suddenly the door was thrown open and the jarl nearly soiled himself, the Dunmer assassin standing around a pile of corpses with a dagger in his hand looked at him in disgust.

"Get up you coward!" The Dunmer said and grabbed the shaking jarl by his neck and lifted him up from the floor. "You miserable wretch have summoned the children of Sithis, what is your excuse?" Assassin looked at Ingvar with his red eyes while calmly placing his dagger to its sheath.
Jarl Invgar took a while to gather himself and then took from his pocket the letter that he and his fellow conspirators had prepared. "Mister..aah...murderer sir, this letter gives you all the details about the target, we would like him to be dead about one week after his silver jubilee celebrations, and we would like it to be as discreet as possible, make it look like a natural death, maybe poison and..." The Dunmer suddenly grabbed the paper from the shaky hands of the jarl.
"I am not an amateur you Nord filth, if you have an objective for me i will do it, just like asked, no questions. Now, how about the payment, assassinations dont come in cheap you know?"
The Dunmer opened the letter and read it trough while Invgar searched for the bag of money he was supposed to give to the assassin. "There it is! Six hundred gold coins, a half of the payment, you will get the other half when the deed is done."
Dunmers red eyes shifted from the paper to the Jarl, and he looked amused as he took the moneybag into his hand. "The Brotherhood usually demands a much higher price for the assassination of a high profile target, but very well you cheap Nord, the deal is acceptable, High King Rorik will spend an eternity in the Void with Sithis!" And with that, the Dunmer was gone, it looked like the shadows had just swallowed him.
Ingvar was left alone, by now his eyes were accustomed to the dark, and confident that the assassin had taken care of all the walking corpses, he lighted a torch that he found from the body of one of his guards, and ran out of the ruin, swearing never to enter one again.

13064731153_e36f975798_o.png

I do not feat death or assassins blade!
Nevertheless i have taken up a habit of sleeping with an axe in my bed, just in case.
Anyway i doubt that the Jarls would try to do anything, as they are all benefitting from this era of peace.

My dear wife tries to get me to accept a guard i our sleeping chamber every night. Seriously what?
I can not even "sleep" in peace with my wife just because of rumours of an plot? Ridicilous.

13064931334_ddbb91d0e0_o.jpg

"Darkness rises when silence dies", for some reason these words were in his mind as he infiltrated the High Kings palace, maybe the victim was slightly more important, but otherwise this was just another contract for him.
He easily avoided the guards, a bonus reward was promised for him if he could kill Rorik without killing anyone else.
The Dunmer opened the large door to the Kings bedchamber, he saw the High King and the Queen sleeping in a large decorative bed.
Assassin drew his dagger, tipped with an powerful poison, only a small and unnoticeable cut had to be made...

13064604425_7fc2811ae3_o.png

Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund part II: Youth and Marriage​

E1004570_1.jpg

13064730033_097d5a4330_o.png

Eorlunds childhood was not easy, sudden death of his father left him the crown of Skyrim at the age of 14 and his mothers harsh education left its marks on him.
The young king found his escape from books, he read about the conquests of his predecessors and other famous warriors of Tamriel, he began to dream of the day he could lead the Nordic armies to glory and conquest.
He grew up in a secluded world, his only friend was the son of the cook at Dragonsreach, but the Queen mother often stopped them from playing together.
"The only friends you need my son are the Divines, for they legitimize your rule" Said Queen Mother Vilena often to her son.​

13188159164_16084c4901_o.png

But everything ends eventually, and so did Eorlunds childhood, he was now free of his mother and other schemers who would like to use him in order to advance their own ambitions.
Eorlund Valomar, by Grace of the Divines, High King of Skyrim and King of Colovia put the crown on his own head at his coronation, surpassing the authority of the Temple of Divines, and its High Priest who normally places the crown on the monarchs head.
This gesture announces the beginning of the rule of an absolute monarch, who answers only to the gods, not to any man of mer.

13189722584_3eb17f10ee_o.png

New year came and King Eorlund gave his speech, he called this year "Not only a new year, but also a beginning of an new era for Skyrim, and perhaps all of Tamriel!"

13189720514_c79ce06200_o.png

High King decided to build a memorial for his dear father, taken from this earth far too soon.
Runestone was raised on the Stone Hill, where Stones of previous Valomar rulers also lied, telling stories of old glories and victories.
There was the Runestone of Jarl Rorik, the first Valomar to appear in history and the Stone of High King Cristus, wich told of his unification wars in northern Skyrim.
Stone of Eorlunds Grandmother Astrid glorified her conquest of Colovia.

13189782885_d5696893f0_o.png

13189779935_f6dd1b7678_o.png

Young ruler enjoyed himself when he could shock the court, he decided to immortalize his body when he was still young and fit.
Court painter was brought all the way from Alinor, home of the High Elves who were more accustomed to things like this.
The painting was something never seen in a Nordic court before, many felt uncomfortable looking at it and some even began to question the High Kings sexual preference...

13190019375_ec0285c6d8_o.jpg

Goofing aside, there were true problems to be solved in Skyrim, the Northpoint Mercantile Association based in High Rock was amassing wealth and power in Northern Skyrim, economy there was faltering and many small and medium sized businesses were being sold to the Bretons, this was unacceptable and had to be solved, the Northpoint merchants went as far as to demand an entire quarter just for their use in Solitude, the third biggest city in Skyrim!
Their leader Eadric truly deserved his nickname "the Thief".
War was the only answer.

13190120123_70d117af69_o.jpg

In a great show of power High King Eorlund left the capital with a force of 10 000 Nords to bring the foreign devils to justice.
This was a war for Skyrims honour!

13190410663_ceb850d74a_o.png

Army of this "merchant republic" was disgusting, an army of mercenaries fighting for coin.
High King revealed his sword and his housecarl blew into a horn made from dragonbone, the Nordic army charged with their mighty axes pointed at the enemy, and a slaughter followed.

13190304495_0d8994ddd3_o.png

Skyrim could soon celebrate its first victory in 30 years, and the young king tasted military glory in the battlefield for a very first time.

13191213824_b984b11a6a_o.png

With their mercenary armies annihilated, the associaton saw no other way than to surrender.
Eorlund demanded all Northpoint merchants to be removed from Skyrim and their businesses given to the Nords.
Also the City of Farrun and its surrounding areas were seceded to Skyrim.

13191431335_b0825277c7_o.png

Troubles in Northern Skyrim called for the High Kings attention, his army was on its way to home when they had to turn around and move to defeat the rebels before the rebellion could erode the High Kings position.

13191747024_b45bf02cf5_o.png

Victory came quickly and the peasants were driven back to their farms and bandits were executed, the high King could finally return home to Whiterun.

13191905403_d378a6a114_o.jpg

After order was restored to Skyrim, City of Farrun was given to Reven af Kolskeggr, who was given a title "Lord Mayor of the Grand City of Farrun"
Having a Nord League of merchants would stop the Bretons from taking control of trade in Northern Tamriel, it was just a small city, but in time it could grow to dominate trade everywhere.

13191741805_639099b938_o.png
13191791025_66a71f1b79_o.png

In Whiterun there was a special occasion of an royal double wedding, High King Eorlund and his brother Prince Kieran both got married on the same day.
Skjorta Doom-Sayer was from an old family who used to control the Jarldom of Coldrock, dircetly north of Whiterun, they lost their position, but emerged again as the Jarls of Winterhold, she became the High Queen of Skyrim.
Gerdur Flame-Hair was the Jarl of Eastmarch, her family has the distinction of being the only family to hold on to their high position during the wars of unification, mainly because her ancestor swore loyalty to High Queen Astrid Valomar voluntarily, since this was a regular type of marriage, her future children will be known as Valomar, rather than Flame-Hair, thus bringing their rule in Eastmarch to its conclusion.

Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund Part III: Destiny​

E1004570_1.jpg

At the Court of the High King, Whiterun:
Meeting of the Royal Council called at the High Kings request.
Participants :
Jarl Inius Lex of Haafingar, High Chancellor
Lady Constance of Leanstead, General Marshall of Skyrim
Thane Frorkmar Fair-Shield of Sungard, Steward of Whiterun
Lady Helgird af Frosthammer, Head of Intelligence
His Royal Majesty High King Eorlund of Skyrim

The council members arrived to the main chamber of the Royal Council building in Whiterun, this meeting was called suddenly by the High King, who had just returned from his honeymoon.

Chancellor Inius: This meeting has been called directly by his majesty the king and i thank you all for making in time, even though the call was very sudden.
Why this meeting was called, i have no idea, but i hope that his majesty will tell us.

Chancellor then turned towards the Steward sitting next to the Kings chair, wich was still empty.

Steward Frorkmar: His majesty will be with us shortly, im afraid that he was very tired of the journey he made with his new wife to Sentinel, i heard that the court of Queen Sinia was very hospitable...

Lady Helgrid: I heard that Queen Sinia likes to sleep with other women, and that she is obsessed with cats, she seems welcome all Khajits to her court, no questions ask...
I also heard crazy things about her father....

Helgrids gossips were cut short by a soldier from the Royal Guard:

Soldier: Attention! All rise for His Royal Majesty High King Eorlund of Skyrim, King of Colovia, Jarl of Whiterun, etc.

The Council: Glory to your family and to the Eight Divines!

High King Eorlund looked much older than his 26 years, he was wearing a velvet robe and his greatsword was hanging from his back. The king quickly crossed to room and took his seat at the head of the council table.

King Eorlund: Lords and Ladies please be seated.
I have called you all here today for one purpose and one purpose only, to reveal my plans for the future, listen well! For these plans will ensure Skyrims good fortunes, and will affect the whole of Tamriel.
Lady Helgrid, please inform the council of the recent reports your staff has gathered.

Lady Helgrid: As you wish your Majesty! According to my latest intelligence reports, gathered by my agents in Cyrodiil, the people in Cyrodiil, both Colovians and Nibeneans have had enough of the constant wars of their lieges and they look their brothers living in prosperity under Skyrims protection with envy. Their opinion of Skyrim is favourable for us, we only need to declare our intention to end the bloodshed in Western Colovia and in Nibenay, and the people will cheer for us as our soldiers march trough their cities.

There was whispering amongst the council as Helgrid finished speaking, then the Marshall got up and asked permission to speak.

Lady Constance: Your Majesty, the warriors of Skyrim have all swore an oath of allegiance to you. They will go where you tell them to go, they will fight and die for your banner and if you want to take them to Cyrodiil, then i say let us go! Let us push all the way trough the Imperial province! Until the army washes its feet in the Topal Sea!

The High King nodded to his marshall, slightly amused of her sudden burst of rage.

King Eorlund: My good lady, you are the reason that i have an army capable of doing something like this, i thank you.
To the rest of you, i now that this plan requires much, but it will give so much more in return, and it will succeed, the gods are with us.

Chancellor Inius: I of course support your majestys plan, but what about the other nobles in Skyrim, and in the Skyrim controlled Colovia? Do they support your plan, a plan that requires a lot of funds, and most likely will cost a lot of lives?

King Eorlund: Everything will be taken care of my dear Chancellor.
I will reveal my great plan in the coming festivities that i will organize in Dragonsreach, all of my vassalls will there! They will not resist.
Now here are the details....

The Council meeting lasted for several hours and quite possibly no one will ever know what exactly was decided behind the closed doors of the Council building.

13333615264_79a6c88ea8_o.png

Preparations for the High Kings feast lasted for over three weeks, but finally everything was ready.
The guests were greeted by all the splendour that the Court could muster, the tables were trembling from the weight of the food, and many barrels of ale, mead and wine waited for the nobility of Skyrim.

13333618984_c40b2edcfe_o.png

During the feast the High King told everyone about his plans, and everyone approved with applause. Of course the presence of 5000 soldiers, the High Kings retinue, helped a bit.
Many of the nobles felt that Skyrim was now going towards its destiny.

13335561385_1c4853c44e_o.png

In order to spiritually prepare himself for the task at hand, Eorlund decided to go to the Throat of the World and meditate on the emblems.

Throat_of_the_World_3.png

"Before the birth of men, the Dragons ruled all Mundus; Their word was the Voice, and they spoke only for True Needs; For the Voice could blot out the sky and flood the land
Men were born and spread over the face of Mundus; The Dragons presided over the crawling masses; Men were weak then, and had no Voice
The fledgling spirits of Men were strong in Old Times; Unafraid to war with Dragons and their Voices; But the Dragons only shouted them down and broke their hearts
Kyne called on Paarthurnax, who pitied Man; Together they taught Men to use the Voice; Then Dragon War raged, Dragon against Tongue
Man prevailed, shouting Alduin out of the world; Proving for all that their Voice too was strong; Although their sacrifices were many-fold
With roaring Tongues, the Sky-Children conquer; Founding the First Empire with Sword and Voice; Whilst the Dragons withdrew from this World
The Tongues at Red Mountain went away humbled; Jurgen Windcaller began His Seven Year Meditation; To understand how Strong Voices could fail
Jurgen Windcaller chose silence and returned; The 17 disputants could not shout Him down; Jurgen the Calm built His home on the Throat of the World
The Voice is worship; Follow the Inner path; Speak only in True Need"

Eorlund and his followers were just about to start their journey back, when the heavy metal doors of the Monastery opened and a Greybeard monk appeared looking at the pilgrims, he then dissappeared back inside, the High King suddenly felt a compelling need to go to the door and knock.

13335715263_34fa426794_o.png

The High King returned from High Hrothgar as a changed man, he was now sure that it was his destiny to unite Tamriel under the Valomar banner, and he fully intented to pursue that destiny until the end.
Yesterday Skyrim, Today Cyrodiil, Tomorrow Tamriel!

Last edited:
Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund Part IV: First Conquests​

E1004570_1.jpg

13385770884_f6d6268134_o.jpg

"And there it it is! The ugly truth! Lords of Cyrodiil are trying to stop us in our Divine quest! They would rather sacrifice their subjects in their pointless wars, than allow the unification of Cyrodiil!
It is up to Skyrim to bring peace and order to the lands of Tamriel once again! Let the armies of our blessed King go forwards! The Divines are with you!"

The priests fiery sermon caused the people to cheer loudly and the High King was pleased, he was sure that his great ancestor Rorik, whos statue was behind him, would be proud.

13384233314_d126578a84_o.jpg

First target of the invasion was the small Temple State of King's Crest, it was an autonomic part of the "Kingdom of Skingrad", but as the kingdoms mainland was on the other side of Cyrodiil, Skyrim did not expect much of an resistance.

13384232054_a17dc63612_o.jpg

Second target were the eastern territories of the "Kingdom of Kvatch", there was no particular reason, they just happened to border Skyrim, also their queen was fat, wich was against Skyrims official foreign policy.​

13384230884_faf96f555a_o.png

As the High King prepared to leave his capital city, his wife ran to meet him and embraced him publicly, they would not see each other in many years.

13384019353_1334bb40b9_o.png

Skingrad was able to muster more men than the High King predicted, however they posed no threat to the High Kingdoms armies.

13383880345_2b7535b856_o.png

Eorlund was proving to be a great commander, his tactics would be studied by all warriors for years to come.

13384226124_8e67a992e9_o.jpg

Skingrads defeat was as certain as leaves falling from trees each autumn, it was time to move against Kvatch.

13383876065_0211fb81f9_o.png

"Armies" of Kvatch were even more ridicilous than the previous enemies the Nords faced.
The enemy queen led the "army" herself with her old aunt commanding the left flank, Eorlund almost called off the attack, this was too funny to be true.

13384222854_ff16c92d79_o.png

With victory in this war achieved, Eorlund decided to leave Cyrodiil behind for a while, despite the easy victories, the war had lasted for three years, desire to see their home once again persuaded the High King to lead his army home.

13383873155_f5a574e582_o.png

He stayed home for two weeks. Leaving behind his angry High Queen, Eorlund moved against the Bretons and the remaining Reachmen savages that his grandmother Astrid drove out of Skyrim many years ago.

13384009103_b2329eb3ff_o.png

This war was bloody, the Bretons had learned from their earlier defeat against Eorlund, this however did not help them.

13383870005_192e7b79de_o.png

This war lasted for two and a half years, but it was finally finished, and now Skyrim controlled very large area full of Bretons, in order to quarantee their rights in the High Kingdom, Eorlund created this new title for himself, promising to respect the customs of the Breton population in Skyrim.

13384215994_b496a65b22_o.png

The peace with the Bretons gave Skyrim control of additional provinces near the coast, so the Grand City of Farrun was expanded to form the Free Hold of Farrun, a Nordic merchant "republic", this is the second step towards establishing dominance over the trade in northern Tamriel.

13384213524_96fa50d5bf_o.png

When the High King returned home he was greeted by his wife, brother and sister-in-law, his brother had a suprise for the king, a nephew!
In public the High King took his two year old nephew to his arms and embraced him, however in a political field this was a huge problem for Eorlund, his younger brother and current heir now had a son, an heir of his own.
Childless High King could easily lose his throne, should the nobility choose to support his brother, and from the information Eorlund was getting, it looked like Prince Kieran was busy forging alliances while the High King was on his campaigns...

13384210534_60848e789c_o.jpg

For now those problems vanished form the High Kings mind, he now ruled over a vast realm, largest collection of territories held by one person since the fall of the Reman empire, there was now hope that the interregnum could finally end.
A new Empire is raising its head!​

--------------------------------------------------
A question: Should i return to the style of my earlier chapters? (More text, less pics)
Or should i continue like this chapter? (More pics, less text)

Im not sure about the future of this AAR, i will probably finish this before buying RoI, but i am not sure that i can keep my hands from buying it once its out. :D

Last edited:
I think it was a good update, though my tastes are a bit strange :p Part of me feels a stab in the heart at all those filthy Nords down in Cyrodiil, but I'll get over it :p Just consider yourself lucky that Skyrim actually warmed me up to them after being an Imperial fanboy the whole series ;) With such a large state having a chance to perhaps reform the Empire I really can't complain either way.

Also those are some interesting borders the AI created in Cyrodiil before you got involved 0_o Kvatch doesn't actually have the province of Kvatch, yet took out Anvil 0_o

I think it was a good update, though my tastes are a bit strange :p Part of me feels a stab in the heart at all those filthy Nords down in Cyrodiil, but I'll get over it :p Just consider yourself lucky that Skyrim actually warmed me up to them after being an Imperial fanboy the whole series ;) With such a large state having a chance to perhaps reform the Empire I really can't complain either way.

Also those are some interesting borders the AI created in Cyrodiil before you got involved 0_o Kvatch doesn't actually have the province of Kvatch, yet took out Anvil 0_o

Filthy Nords? Dont you mean the Glorious and pure blue-eyed Aryan Atmoran race whos divine destiny is to rule over everything?

Also, before the Colovian Estates became the property of Skyrim they pretty much owned Northern Cyrodiil, Kvatch and Skingrad were in personal union, being ruled by the same monarch before descending into a bloody civil war.
So yes, it has been interesting to follow Cyrodiils mindless wars (I must also mention that Nibenay dominated Elsweyr for some time, luckily they had gavelkind succession, so i was able to use assassination to bring freedom to the cats. :D)

Yeah, I've noticed the succession laws are causing a bit of shenanigans in the games I've been playing. I posted about it on the mod forums a few days ago, more out of curiosity than anything really, but no responses there yet. While part of at first was a bit meh by the mess it creates, I'll also admit it does create some rather unique story lines, which is perfect for Elder Scrolls as compared to obstinately real life Europe, heh. Either way, I think the mod is pretty well balanced, perhaps because it's still the early stages, and I can definitely attest anything is possible.

Though also since we're on the subject and perhaps this can satisfy my curiosity, when uniting Skyrim did the others happen to be elective succession very often? I swore it was confined to the Colovian Estates, the Heartlands, and maybe Nibenay (and even that I'm not sure of) at the start day, but it seems to proliferate quite a bit...

Though also since we're on the subject and perhaps this can satisfy my curiosity, when uniting Skyrim did the others happen to be elective succession very often? I swore it was confined to the Colovian Estates, the Heartlands, and maybe Nibenay (and even that I'm not sure of) at the start day, but it seems to proliferate quite a bit...
Colovian Estates were the only ones i can think of who possibly had an elective succession, their borders shifted quite much during the early game, and they also had a lot of civil wars.
Concerning the Heartlands, i think it starts out as an republic, but becomes feudal in almost all the games i've played, they too were mighty in their day, before being swallowed by Nibenay.