• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KaiserWilhelmI

Von Hohenzollern
80 Badges
Apr 30, 2013
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
For Skyrim and for Tamriel!
Blessed be the Divines!

12386980964_a66374d390_o.jpg

The continent of Tamriel has entered to times of great troubles.
The Second Tamrielic Empire (the Reman Empire) was destroyed twenty years ago, when the assassins from the Dark Brotherhood assassinated the last Akavir Potentate, who ruled the empire after the end of the Reman Dynasty

Now Tamriel has broken into hundreds of independent states, with only the High elven kingdom of Alinor and the Dark elven homeland, called Morrowind, escaped the the fall of the empire, mainly because they were never parts of it.

This is the Interregnum, "between reigns"

Interregnum is a dark period in the history of Nirn, and many questions remain unanswered...
Who will control Cyrodiil?
The Colovians or Nibenese?
Or perhaps a conquest from one of the bordering provinces will lead to a new power in Cyrodiil.
Who shall be Skyrims High King?
And most importantly who shall be crowned Emperor of Tamriel?

Chapters:
First Book:
Chapter I: Family History: Rorik the Singer
Chapter I: Family History II: Snar the Fearless
Cristus the Magnanimous

Chapter I: Family History III:
Astrid the Generous

Chapter II:
End of an Era

Chapter III: The Peaceful King
Second Book:
Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund part I: Ascension
Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund part II: Youth and Marriage
Chapter IV: Reign of Eorlund part III: Destiny
Chapter V: Further Conquests
Chapter VI: King of Cyrodiil
ChapterVII: High Rock and High King
Chapter VIII: Mathies and the Amulet
Third Book:
Chapter IX: The Empire
Chapter X: Eight or Nine?
Chapter XI: Desert wars

12387145573_f5f9b32bd2_o.jpg

Tamriel will have to wait, for now let us move to the city of Whiterun, in central Skyrim.
The city and the hold of Whiterun is ruled by the 26 year old Jarl Sjorvar God-Hater.

He has become rather unpopular amongst the nobility, and notable families of the hold, because of his recent disastorous military campaign against the Reachmen of Ravenhall.
In this campaign his armies were annihilated, and that led to a coup on 26. of Morning star.
God-Hater was arrested, and his former council placed the fiveteen year old Rorik Valomar, a child of the former jarls cousin, as Jarl of Whiterun.
The council tought that they could control the young Jarl easily. This later proved to be a major mistake.

Let the tale of the Valomar dynasty be unfold!

Last edited:
Looks interesting and promising! Haven't played the mod yet, but played Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim for several years. You've probably already progressed through it, but I'd probably try and secure an alliance with maybe Solitude ASAP, because Eastmarch and The Reach look a little bit bigger and could swallow you up if you aren't careful.

Looks interesting and promising! Haven't played the mod yet, but played Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim for several years. You've probably already progressed through it, but I'd probably try and secure an alliance with maybe Solitude ASAP, because Eastmarch and The Reach look a little bit bigger and could swallow you up if you aren't careful.
"Progressed" would be an understatement. :D
I have played the campaign for over 100 years already, the next chapters will focus on telling the history of the family from the point of view of the current ruler.

Pick pocket, pick pocket, guard your pursues! :p I love the Elder Scrolls series, so hopefully this will be just as entertaining a story, even though we're not playing in the lands of Tamriel this time... :cool:

Cheers!

Chapter I: Family History: Rorik the Singer

12405961284_01571cc798_o.jpg

My name is Astrid, i am the fourth Valomar jarl of Whiterun and the third Valomar High King of Skyrim.
Future of Skyrim is now tied to our dynasty, and as i look my thirteen year old son Rorik wrestling with the blacksmiths son on the floor of Dragonsreach, i cant help but to feel pride for our family's accomplishments.
Rorik has many same features, name being one of them, than my Great grandfather Jarl Rorik 'the Singer', in his deathbed he was Jarl of Whiterun,the pale and the Reach.

It all began over 130 years ago, when my Great grandfather was made Jarl of Whiterun at the tender age of fifteen.
His first years as a jarl are not well documented, we know that he reorganised the council, banishing those who had conspired against the former jarl.
He began his first military campaigns against the neighbouring Nord provinces when he was just seventeen. High atop of the Pale's southern mountains Rorik fought his first battle, known today as the Battle of Shearpoint.
Whiterun won the battle, and our enemies were driven down from the mountain, and many of them drowned into a lake nearby.

12405964474_53e6e037af_o.jpg

Shearpoint, the battle was fought in these chilly conditions on the slopes of the mountains.

By his 21. birthday, Rorik had unified the entire central Skyrim under Whiterun's banner.
He would not rest for long though.
About this time he married Eiruki Cruel-Sea, a daughter of Skyrims last High King, before the Interregnum.
She committed suicide about ten years later, probably because she felt lonely with her husband being on his campaigns all the time, they had no children.

12405657383_e45c23e9bd_o.jpg

In his youth, the jarl did not spend much time in Whiterun, but whenever he was at home, the people could often see him gazing towards the mountains from the steps of Dragonsreach.

Jarl Rorik gained much glory and recognition from the conquest of Hjaalmarch, where he defeated the unified armies of Haafingar, Hjaalmarch and the Pale.
Treaty of Morthal ended the war, Rorik became to be known as a benevolent man, when he allowed the seven year old Jarl of Hjaalmarch to remain in his throne, of course he and his hold had to swear allegiance to Whiterun and its Jarl.

Next few years of Roriks life are a bit shady, even in the family chronicles.
It appears that he had small wars of conquest against the Reachmen bordering Whiterun and then he stopped fighting for a few years.
At this time his wife died, as mentioned earlier, and after little mourning he married a woman more of his liking, Fryfnhild Blackthorn was a daughter of the Thane of Falkhammer from eastern Skyrim, she was a big woman, a true Nord, not as beautiful as Roriks first wife, but she had plenty of other means.
Not long after their wedding, my Great grandmother gave birth to their first child, a son called Hakon. They would have two more children; a daughter called Adisla and my grandfather, Snar.

After the birth of their heir, my Great grandparents began their greatest endeavour in their lives.
The Reach, a region inhabited primarily by the barbarian race called ”Reachmen”, who worshipped the Daedric lords, and other vile things.
Nord of Skyrim have been battling them for generations.
Jarl of Whiterun and his spouse began the conquest of the Reach, together they fought many battles, and the war lasted for many years, my grandfather was born during that war, almost in the middle of a battlefield.
But in the end Nords of Skyrim prevailed, with the help of the Divines.
Siege and fall of the Dwemer built city of Markarth ended the war, and all but the northern parts of the Reachmen's territory became to be known as the Hold of the Reach.
(Hold of Haafingar later conquered the remaining Reachmen territory.)

After this bloody war Whiterun emerged as the most powerful hold in Skyrim, to counter this threat
other jarls started to search options to weaken or destroy the upstart Rorik Valomar.
Holds of Winterhold and the Pale united under one banner, while Falkreath began to court the Colovians in Cyrodiil.
It was not long before Falkreath fell under the influence of the Colovian Estates.
This was unacceptable, and a quick war against the Colovians followed, causing Falkreaths northern and eastern lands to secede and join Whiterun.

Then Whiteruns attention was turned to the other side of Skyrim, united holds of Pale-Winterhold together with Jarl of Eastmarch declared war against Whiterun.
And Rorik 'the Singer' marched once again, already feeling his age slowing him down. (He was 53)
The war ended four years later, Pale became part of Whiterun, and parts of Winterhold were also annexed by Rorik.

This was the last war he ever fought, retiring from fighting he spent the last seven years of his life in his capital, with his family.
However his enemies never forgot him, and his eldest son Hakon was assassinated shortly after his 30. birthday, making Roriks younger son Snar, who escaped the assassination attempt, his new heir.

12405499895_4baa301b6b_o.jpg

The territory held by the Hold of Whiterun, shortly before Roriks final war and retirement.

Great Jarl Rorik 'the Singer' Valomar died on 12. of Morning Star 3424 at the age of 68.
He ruled for 53 years and was succeeded by his surviving son, Jarl Snar, whose reign would be brief, but quite significant.

I must go now, being the High Queen is certainly a busy job, there is still plenty of important documents to sign before the day is done, and my advisor's are growing restless.
Next time i will tell you about my Grandfather and also about my beloved father Cristus.
But for now may the Divines bless and protect you!

-Astrid Valomar, High Queen of Skyrim, Jarl of Whiterun.

----------------------------------------------------

As you probably have noticed, there is not many pictures in this chapter, i have only one previous save before the formation of the High Kingdom,
so there will not be many Ck pictures in the next update either, i will try to compensate with some Skyrim pics instead. :D

Last edited:
The addition of pics from Skyrim is brilliant!
I really didnt have any choice, otherwise it would be just a lot of text, and i cant stand AARs with just text on them. :D

Last edited:
That map, those names, and those pictures look eerily similar to another game... :p

I really didnt have any choice, otherwise it would be just a lot of text, and i cant stand AARs with just text...

Hmm...I'm a bit the opposite, in fact, a lot of the opposite! But nonetheless, I think the inclusion of pictures from Skyrim work extremely well - since, well, paintings and other pictures may not necessarily suffice for this AAR. Great stuff so far! You make me want to go back to Skyrim now! :cool:

Chapter I: Family History II:
Snar the Fearless
Cristus the Magnanimous

12503265665_facc4b0bbd_b.jpg

High Queen Astrid of Skyrim has just returned to Whiterun, she was visiting Solitude in Haafingar, where his brother-in-law Inius Lex rules as a Jarl.
She was exhausted from the journey, it was not as easy as it had once been, after all the Queen is 52 already, but she still rides a horse, rather than sitting comfortably in a carriage.

Arriving to Dragonsreach in the afternoon, she was joyfully greeted by her husband and her only surviving child.

It is good to be home, i think i have travelled enough for one lifetime, but there always seems to be new places to see, if only i would be younger...

So, after the death of Rorik 'the Singer' my grandfather inherited all of his titles as the only living son.
He was 22 at the time, and totally unprepared for this heavy burden that was now in his back.
How my grandfather earned the nickname 'Fearless' is not entirely clear, maybe because he started a campaign against the Colovians to conquer the rest of Falkreath and at the same time fought a war with Haafingar for some territory in the north AND successfullly crushed a rebellion in the Reach.
Altough all of those conflicts ended well for Whiterun, they can not be entirely called my grandfathers successes, as many other people were instrumental in those wars.

The most important thing about the reign of Snar the Fearless is of course when, after the defeat of Falkreath and Haafingar, the Moot finally recognized him as the High King of Skyrim.
He was the first High King in 62 years, and finally Skyrim could be legally united once more, unfortunately he had little intrest in doing this, and his greatest feat after becoming the High King was to be the father of my father.

12505480404_4c3eda19ce_b.jpg

The Court of High King Snar, he was never very gregarious person, instead he prefered to be left alone, and was never very popular.

The reign of the first Valomar High King ended in a very peculiar accident that happened during his 43. birthday, probably involving a lot of mead and other alcoholic bewerages, he tripped and fell from the upper balcony of Dragonsreach right onto his throne, leading to many bad injuries that became badly infected few days later, unfortunately the court mage and the priest were out of town at that time and he had no change to recover.

High King Snar the Fearless died on 24. Evening Star 3439 at the age of 43.
He left behind two small sons, the younger was eight and the older was fiveteen.

The Moot gathered almost immediately to elect a new High King, particulary the Jarls of Haafingar and Eastmarch wanted to undo the Valomar dynasty, but a sizable army of loyal soldiers made sure that the fiveteen year old Jarl of Whiterun was chosen as High King.

12505802123_e56ae7fcd4_b.jpg

The new king was different, interested of foreign cultures, he was also the first Jarl to welcome Khajits into his city.
My father was interested just about all things imaginable, from farming to politics and from commanding armies to doing alchemy.
He was a very busy person, always doing something.

Little changed in Skyrim however, until High King Christus turned eighteen.
Haafingar, Whiteruns eternal enemy was his first objective.
Ruled by Jarl even younger than him, it was easy to cripple them by sieging Solitude, their capital.
Enemy army sent to lift the siege was destroyed, the fortunes of the Valomar dynasty seemed to be unending, and many began to see us as a family sent by the Divines to reunite Nords of Skyrim.

(I dont know about that, but i have certainly used that when ever i need to justify my right to the throne. Divine right is the best right. Right?)

With Solitude taken, the young Jarl of Haafingar had no choice but to give up his title, my father made his younger brother, my uncle, new Jarl.
This was his first triumph, the second was of course my birth, just a few days after he returned to Whiterun.
My mother was Edla Salt-Breaker, a sturdy woman from the Jeral Mountains, she would give my father a total of six children, but only one son who died at age seven.

Haafingars conquest brought the entire western Skyrim under the High Kingdom, leaving only the jarls of Eastmarch and the Rift opposing my fathers rule.

He first marched against Eastmarch, capturing the city of Winterhold and its mage college, wich had fallen under Windhelm few years ago.
After truce was signed , Skyrim was forced to switch to defence mode, when the Colovians invaded, with the support of the Nibeneans.
After many battles in Falkreath, they were defeated, and the Colovian Estates broke into three parts, and they ceased to be a threat to anyone, ever again.

With the threat from Cyrodiil stopped, my father could focus on the remaining independent parts of Skyrim, Eastmarch was in turmoil and the High King used that on his advantage, and then moved against the Rift.

Fortunes of war continued to be on our side, and after ruling for 25 years, my father could call himself High King of all of Skyrim.
Cyrodiil must have been scared, a powerfull Nordic kingdom on their borders, and a supressed Nordic minority living very close to Skyrim

Uniting Skyrim had been a bloody bussines, brother against brother, and now it was time to become friends again. High King started the policy he called ”Loyalty, Friendship, Trust, Unity”
This meant:
Loyalty, to Skyrim and its High King.
Friendship, between the many different peoples of Skyrim.
Trust, because nothing can be achieved without it.
Unity, trough it Skyrim shall be mighty and unbreakable.

This policy became the center of Skyrims rebuilding effort, many places, particulary in the East, were ravaged by constant wars and the Nords from the West and South held mistrust for their Eastern and Northern brethren who were in favour of remaining independent, this was mostly fixed by my fathers clever policies.

12506055833_9fd4ce4939_b.jpg

But not even the mightiest of earthly rulers can beat time..
His Royal Majesty Christus Valomar, High King of Skyrim, Jarl of Whiterun and Falkreath, died on 17th of Mid Year 3474, at the age of fifty.
King left behind four daughters and a bastard son, excluded from succession.

So after one month mourning period, on the 14th day of Sun's Height 3474, the Moot gathered once again to select a new ruler for Skyrim, since the new Jarl of Whiterun and Falkreath (me) was a woman, there were not many willing to support me, i still remember how i trembled when i walked to the front and began to speak about my right to the crown.
In the end all went well, and im sure a sizable ”donation” from the Valomar treasury helped my case quite a bit.
Needless to say, the crown was mine.

This is our story so far, great rulers have brought unity and peace to Skyrim, and it was my turn to try next.
I sincerely hoped that history will remember me well.

-Astrid Valomar, High Queen of Skyrim, Jarl of Whiterun.

Good read. Subbed.

Chapter I: Family History III:
Astrid the Generous

Morrowind.jpg

I still remember how i walked through the crowds and made my way to the altar of the great temple,
the coronation gown felt heavy on me and i nearly dropped the coronation sword when it was given to my hand, but everything else went well, and the High Priest placed the crown of my Great Grandfather on my head saying:
”I crown thee Astrid Valomar, High Queen of Skyrim, Jarl of Whiterun and Falkreath, Thane of Korvanjund, of Greymarch, of Volunruud, of Scarstone, and of Whitewatch, Servant of the Divines, Protector of all Nords, Et Cetera, Et Cetera."

Gods save the Queen!

So began my reign, i took a long time to adujst to my new position because when i was a child, my mother often kept me away from the court, and after my only brother died, my mother started to invent rules to "protect" me, those rules involved things like food tasting and holding a hand of an adult whe walking down the stairs, but now i was free.

12565999945_bafda29ca2_b.jpg

High Queen often travelled outside of Whiterun with just one bodyguard, and enjoyed the peace and silence.

Most pressing matter at the time of my ascension to the throne was the "question of Silgrad", Silgrad was a small region situated on a small valley between the Jerall and Velothi mountain ranges on the border between Skyrim and Morrowind.
Its inhabitants were mostly Nords, but the region was controlled by the Dunmer, who conquered it when the Interregnum began.

I was young and foolish, i wanted to be seen as a great hero like my predecessors, and to prove to everyone that a women can lead armies like men.
So i declared war against Fathis Indoril, the King of Morrowind, and prepared to lead to Morrowind the largest Nord army seen since the days of Jurgen Windcaller.

To Whiterun i left my three young daughters and my husband Marin, little did i know that i would never see them again...

Unaware of the future tragedies i led my army wearing a shining armor and the blue banners of Skyrim fluttering in the breeze as we marched into Morrowinds ashlands.

12566543004_75d50e61ed_b.jpg

Wearing armour was not a strange thing for Nord women, and the Queen made it look particularly good.

Army quickly liberated the contested territory in the valley, and then move inland, where we met the enemy about 120km west of the river Thir.

Dunmer army was massive, even greater in number than our own force, tough only slightly.
Truth to be told, my generals took the lead during the battle, as i knew very little about commanding armies, but i still managed to get myself some glory.
During the battle i saw the Dunmer troops flanking one of our heavy infantry units, and decided to act without a question from my generals.
I took my cavalry, the least appreciated and smallest unit in our army, and charged the Elves.
They panicked and without the means to repulse a cavalry charge, they ran.
Slaughter continued for a few more hours before the field fell silent.
Battle ended with tens of thousands of casualties on both sides, but it opened the way for Mournhold, Morrowinds capital.

During the siege of Mournhold we received the most horrible news in our lives, darkness was spreading in Tamriel.
It was called the Knahaten Flu, it was a terrible disease that apparently started from Stormhold in Black Marsh, and quickly spreaded to Cyrodiil and Valenwood, and trough them to Hammerfell, High Rock and finally to Skyrim and Morrowind.
The disease wiped out entire citys and counties, and at least two significant royal dynastys came to an end, when the flu wiped out the entire family.
Soon everyone knew someone killed by the flu, all of us lost loved ones.
I worried for my family, but as the disease had not yet spread to Morrowind, we decided to end the war before returing home.
It was not hard, Mournhold soon succumbed to starvation, and King Fathis had to sign peace, by then the Knahaten Flu had already reached Morrowind, and as we marched home, we came across cillages and towns ravaged by this horrible disease, i prayed the Divines every night, and asked them to end this misery, many of us think that the Daedric Prince Peryite, Lord of Pestilence, sent this plague to Nirn for his amusement.

As the remains of the army reached the border and returned home to Skyrim, i received news from my ministers, who had travelled to meet me.
They told that the Flu had struck us hard, and more people were constantly dying, cemeteries and catacombs were filling fast, and in most towns bodys were burned in huge piles to stop the disease from spreading.
All this paled in comparison to the news i received about my own family;
Despite all attempts to keep my daughters quaranteed in the palace, they all were infected.
Youngest had died first, she was only seven, and had been dead for a year already, then died the middle one, she was eleven and had been dead for six months, my oldest daughter, named Astrid, was still alive, but very ill, my husband was also dead from the flu, as was my cousin, the Jarl of Haafingar, and most of the other members of my dynasty.

Race to Whiterun was intense, i left my army and rode like a wind to Dragonsreach.
But i was too late, little Astrid too was taken from me, and i was now alone.
I seriously wished that the disease would take me too, and release me from this world of pain and suffering, but the divines had other things in store for me, i was to help Skyrim recover.

After the Knahaten Flu had decimated Tamriel for about seven and a half years, it mysteriosly started to disappear, thankfully Skyrim was one of the first regions to be free from the disease, and a year later the flu was just a horrible memory in the minds of the survivors.

Death of my family, and the great disease, ended the first chapter of my life, old me died with the flu and i was reborn.
With a great vigour i began to rebuild and reform Skyrim, i worked days and nights, wanting to forget the past and focus on the future.

One day i realized that i was now over thirtyfive years old, i needed an heir!
My advisors said that i should marry an Imperial from Cyrodiil, that way my heirs would have at least some form of legitimacy, should they wish to conquer the Imperial territory.
I decided to marry a man named Attrebus Lex, his Great grandfahter took the lead of the Imperial City, when the empire collapsed, and the Lex family were very prestigious and famous in the city itself.
My new husband was almost ten years younger than me, and i learnt to love him, maybe even more than i loved my first husband.
Of course many felt that i should have married a proper Nord, but i silenced all opposition.

Now that i had found a new happines, Skyrim was blossoming again, altough manpower was still low, because of the flu, but other provinces were also affected by it.
In Northern Cyrodiil, close to Jerall Mountains, on the border with Skyrim, there was a sizable Nordic minority being oppressed by the Imperials, i was sure that they would want to join Skyrim.
Relying on this, i decided to begin a campaign that was later called "First Nordic Invasion of Cyrodiil"

I crossed the border with my army at Pale Pass, a site were Reman Cyrodiil famously defeated the Akaviri invaders long ago.
Over all the campaign went well, my leadership in battle was over however when my healers told me that i was pregnant!
This was a miracle and i thanked the Divines a million times, particularly Mara, Goddess of love and maternity!

I left my army to my able generals, and went to the city of Falkreath to wait for the war to end.
The Colovians were too disordered to offer much of a resistance after a few meetings with Nordic steel, and soon their king Rallas sued for peace.
Treaty of Bruma left most of Colovia under Skyrim, king Rallas abdicated and the Colovian nobles "offered" the crown to me, and thus i became Queen of the Colovian Estates.
I now had to race to Whiterun once more, as the child was almost ready to be born, he however wanted out as quickly as possible, so my retinue had to stop, and i gave birth to beautiful boy in the grassy plains below the starry night sky, and the twin moons, Masser and Secunda, were smiling at us.

High Queen of Skyrim rode to her city in triumph, with her heir on her lap and a new crown on her head!
This was truly a new era for Skyrim!

12566586743_b9eded6434_b.jpg

Skyrim and her territories after the Treaty of Bruma.