• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xjermx

I'm [REDACTED]!!
28 Badges
Apr 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
pendorlogo.jpg

Hi folks.

This is my very first foray into the world of AARs, but not my first foray into Prophesy of Pendor.

If you are unfamiliar with POP, I invite you to check out the epic mod here and its epic backstory here.

Join me as our stalwart and steadfast hero journeys from an unknown pauper to King of Pendor (we hope)!

I am playing whatever the latest version of Mount & Blade: Warband is, and Prophesy of Pendor 3.42, with no additional mods, and no cheats.
Admittedly, I usually play on 'easy', with damage turned down, but not this time! Also, no reloads, its iron-man style!

mb2.jpg

There will be lots of images, which I'll try to keep to a reasonable size, and some text, but don't expect a novel. There will be humor and sarcasm along the way, as this story is told primarily from the hero's perspective.

Comments, suggestions, criticism welcome!

For Pendor!

Chapter 1: The Beginning

March 23, 354

After a long and bitterly cold journey, I have arrived at the town of Ravenstern. It seems that this place is where I shall begin my quest to rebuild the ancient Kingdom of Pendor, and to seek that which is ri- HGURK!

mb12.jpg

mb13.jpg

mb14.jpg

"I say - are you the bloke who knocked me over head just a moment - "

mb15.jpg

"Oh, well I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure how much - "

mb16.jpg

"Ah, well, that is a sad tale and all, I surely wish that I could - "

mb17.jpg

"Yes, well that does seem unfortun - "

mb18.jpg

"Look, I just don't think that I am really - did you say silver?"

Kingdom's don't get rebuilt with dirt and stone you know. The buildings do, I'll give you that, but you need gold to really get things done, and silver is an excellent step toward gold.

"Very well", I tell the merchant. "You have yourself a deal, we'll go out and find y - "

mb19.jpg

"Oh. Very well then. See you later, I suppose."

Lets get our bearing, shall we?

I have a look around, and take stock of what I've got.

mb20.jpg

mb21.jpg

mb22.jpg

Hm. I'm not sure what good this sword is doing me, since I'm simply not strong enough to effectively wield it. If I thought it stood a chance of scaring bandits, it'd be of value. Ahh, but I could sell it! It and this crossbow.

Now, lets get to recruiting. I'll need men to lead!

mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

Well that didn't go quite as I expected.

Let's try another village, shall we?

mb24.jpg

Alright now look here, peasants! What else have you got that's so pressing and important?? I'm offering the possibility of fortune and gold! There's a slight chance you'll have an appendage hacked off, and forever be a burden upon your family, but what else is going here??

At least these villages are only short distance apart.

mb26.jpg

Brave lads! For Pendor and Glory!

mb27.jpg

Now with a group of men under my command, we can make some progress!

Who's that there...?

mb28.jpg

"That's not how you speak to a King, rabble. Let's see what you've got."

Battle is joined! We'll see what my raw recruits can do against - eh, can you all please come back over here?

mb29.jpg

Excellent.

And so swords are crossed - or, in this case, mostly clubs and kitchen knives.

mb31.jpg

I help myself to a club and a bow. Now if only I had some arrows to fire....

mb32.jpg

Will Velarr and his ragtag band of soldiers manage to track down these raiders? Will Velarr find some arrows? How long can ten men survive on a cheese wheel and a smoked fish? Join us next time and find out!