• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
第7章: Traitor Pt.2

---------------------------------July 10, 1300---------------------------------
Kyōto-Gosho​

Katsuko: You really are an idiot you know.
Nagamasa: I know.
Katsuko: What did you think was going to happen, you were gonna march in here, proclaim your love and leave with here?
Nagamasa: Truthfully, I didnt think I would have made it this far.
Katsuko: Uh... Men these days are such romantics...
Nagamasa: Where is Kimiko?
Katsuko: She is in her room. She just stays cooped up in there.
Nagamasa: Well, mind if we pay here a visit.
Katsuko: I dont want to intrude.
Nagamasa: You want to see a smile on her face just as much as I do.
Katsuko: That is true. You sure do know how to put your words.
Nagamasa: Hahaha. Shall we then?

The two of them get up and start making it towards the residential side of the building. They make it there and there are guards outside the door.

Guards: We made sure no one got in or out Kōgō, just as you ordered.
Katsuko: Thank you, you are now relieved.

The Guards bowed and left.

Kimiko: Okāsan? Are you out there?
Katsuko: May I come in.
Kimiko: Of course!!

Katsuko signaled to Nagamasa and told him to wait outside the door. She opened the door. Kimiko ran and hugged her.

Kimiko: I was so worried. The guard said that a man had come to take the Go-Kamatsu life.
Katsuko: Oh no. It was never about that.
Kimiko: What was happening?
Katsuko: There was this brute at the front door, demanding that we speak to him. He beat up at least 50 guards.
Kimiko: He must of been huge. What became of the man?
Katsuko: We'll, I went out there and talked to the man.
Kimiko: You did? Your so brave. I would have been so frightened... What did he say?
Katsuko: I asked him, why he was here. He said that he needed to speak with us urgently, and wouldnt take no as an answer. I had to slap him a few times to bring him back down to earth.
Kimiko: Your amazing.
Katsuko: Not as amazing as the man. He did all this in the name of love.
Kimiko: Love? love for who?
Katsuko: For you.
Kimiko: I do not understand.

Katsuko reached into her Kimono, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Kimiko looked at the paper, and she immediately burst into tears. She cried and cried. Nagamasa entered the room. She looked at him and cried even harder. She stood up and ran to him and slapped him in the face.

Nagamasa: I think I need to start getting used to this.
Kimiko: Moron, Imbecile, Idiot!! Why!? Why are you here?
Nagamasa: If you need me to answer that, then me coming here was all for nothing.
Kimiko: Do you realize what you have done? you just killed yourself. You just made yourself a traitor to the Emperor.
Nagamasa: That is for the Emperor to decide. I could not live, knowing that the woman I love, was with another man.
Kimiko: That... you.... I.... I love you too.

They just stood there, Embracing one another.

Katsuko: This is just BEAUTIFUL.
Kimiko: Stop it Okāsan!
Nagamasa: Katsuko, I ask permission to marry your daughter.

Kimiko looked at Nagamasa. Tears once again began to fall form her eyes. Then she looked at Katsuko.

Katsuko: Oh, there is no I could say no...
Nagamasa: Lets go tell the rest of the family that everything is ok.
Kimiko: Where are the others?
Katsuko: Throne room perhaps?

The three of them walked out of the room and make their way to the throne room.

Nagamasa: I have a really bad feeling right now.
Katsuko: Whats wrong?
Nagamasa: Is it just me? or does this palace seem.... too quiet?
Kimiko: Now that you mention it.
Nagamasa: I may just be over thinking things...

They walk through the drapes, into the throne room. But, the rest of the family isnt there waiting for them. There are a group of their soldiers with their weapons drawn. In the middle of them, stands Yoshimasu Ashikage...

Yoshimasu: Traitor to the Emperor, this is your execution. It is time for you for you to face your crimes.
Nagamasa: I have done no such crimes.
Yoshimasu: I told you that if you ever set foot in this palace again, I would kill you.
Nagamasa: You did.
Katsuko: But this is not your Castle to make such a claim. It is mine.
Yoshimasu: You are no longer the Empress.
Katsuko: And you are not a member of the Yamato Clan! I am head of the Yamato Clan until my son Go-Kamatsu comes of age!!
Yoshimasu: You have no place here. Men, take those two away.

One of the guards steps forward and sticks his arm out to grab Kimiko. Out of No where, the guard goes flying across the room. Nagamasa had punched the guard square in the chest.

Nagamasa: The next one of you, that attempts to touch these women, will be killed.
Yoshimasu: Injuring an Imperial officer. You already have the death penalty, would you like me to go after your clan too?
Nagamasa: She said you have no jurisdiction in this castle. Now, it is time for you to leave.
Yoshimasu: These are acts of war.
Nagamasa: You will lose.
Yoshimasu: Excuse me?
Nagamasa: I am to be married to this woman on my right. Making me, the next in line for the seat of the Emperor if anything were to happen to the Emperor.
Yoshihisa: No, she is going to marry me. I have already proposed to her.
Nagamasa: Then you will have to fight me for her. Are you willing to do that?
Yoshihisa: I... I...
Nagamasa: If this turns into a war, I would have the backing of the imperial crown, causing you to lose, is that what you want?
Yoshimasu: Then I will duel you.
Kimiko: No. I am not marrying you. I am marrying him. If he wants my hand, come and take it.
Yoshihisa: I dont... I cant...
Nagamasa: If that is all, leave with your heads in shame.
Yoshimasu: Son, you will fight him.

Nagamasa pulled out his Katana. Yoshihisa had a spear. The battle began, Yoshihisa thrust the spear forward. Nagamasa dodged, and took his katana right through Yoshihisa's neck, killing him in one strike. Yoshihisa body fell to the floor, lifeless.

Yoshimasu: You.... you just killed my son... Men!! KILL HIM!!
Katsuko: You shame the name of Shogun. You shame your whole clan.
Yoshimasu: SHUT UP YOU HAG!! KILL THEM ALL!! I WILL BECOME THE NEW EMPEROR!!

Nagamasa jumped forward and put the blade in front of Yoshimasu.

Nagamasa: You will die before that happens.
Yoshimasu: Please... spare me.... I will leave immediately....
Nagamasa: Leave now.

Yoshimasu and his soldiers left. Nagamasa did not realize, but he just caused a ripple effect, that will now change the entire course of Japan.

第7章End​

Last edited:
第8章: Traitor Pt.3

Glossary For Japanese Words
* Aniki - Word for an older brother or a superior

---------------------------------July 19, 1300---------------------------------
Kōriyama Castle, Yamato Province​

Yoshimasu Ashikage was sitting in his room. He had been in a drinking rage since the death of his son.

Yoshimasu: My son is dead. My line is dead. My soul is dead. I have nothing. There is nothing left for me in this world.

He picked up the bottle, and drunk all of its remaining contents. He then threw the bottle and it crashed against the wall.

Yoshihisa: How could you let this happen to me. How could you not avenge me?
Yoshimasu: My son, I did not mean for this to happen.
Yoshihisa: But it did.
Yoshimasu: Please, I dont want to feel this pain anymore.
Yoshihisa: You, feel pain? Im dead because of you.
Yoshimasu: What do you want from me. I dont have anything to give...
Yoshihisa: But you do have something to get.
Yoshimasu: I...
Yoshihisa: Avenge me. Destroy the Azai. No, the Emperor. You are the perfect shogun. Why should you not be allowed the throne.
Yoshimasu: We cant do that. It would mean war for us.
Yoshihisa: Not if the Emperor is DEAD. Who else can take the throne? We are the rightful Heirs.
Yoshimasu: I cannot do that.
Yoshihisa: Then you dont love me. You never loved me. You wont even avenge me. Look at what they did to you. As protectors of Japan, you shoud KILL THEM ALL!!
Yoshimasu: You, think so?
Yoshihisa: I know so. It is your destiny to be Emperor.
Yoshimasu: But, where should I start?
Yoshihisa: I believe, it is time to rely on them.
Yoshimasu: Them? You mean, the Men of Iga?
Yoshihisa: Yes...

---------------------------------July 19, 1300---------------------------------
Kyōto Imperial Palace, Yamashiro Province​

Nagamasa: Isnt there something that I missed today?
Kimiko: Dont.
Nagamasa: Was someone supposed to be getting married today?
Katsuko: I think you are right. I wonder who?
Kimiko: You two are taking this situation, WAY too lightly.
Nagamasa: Me? Taking it lightly? I just killed The heir to the Shogunate AND attempted to break into the Royal palace just to say hello, and your telling me I am taking it Lightly?
Kimiko: But your an Idiot.
Nagamasa: But I am your idiot.
Kimiko: I dont even have anything to say.

They share a laugh. Go-Kamatsu runs into the room.

Go-Kamatsu: Ok, times up. Its my turn! We need to play another game.
Kimiko: No fair!!
Go-Kamatsu: You got to play with him for almost the past three days. Its my turn!!
Kimko: Well, I guess so.
Go-Kamatsu: Speaking of which. Aniki?
Nagamasa: Yes?
Go-Kamatsu: When do we get to go back to your castle?

Nagamasa had realized, that he had not once gone home to tell his Family of what had transpired.

Nagamasa: I need to return to Omi. My family must be worried sick...
Go-Kamatsu: AW!! Your cheating. Dont run away from a challenge.
Nagamasa: I do not run from a fight. I just miss My Family. I will be back soon.
Katsuko: No, we will come to visit you. We miss them as well.
Nagamasa: They would like that. Well, I must make preparations for my leave. Its going to be a long trip. I just remembered that I ran here instead of taking a horse...
Kimiko: You really are an Idiot.
Nagamasa: I do believe so.

Nagamasa left the room.

Katsuko: No kiss goodbye?
Kimiko: I was not going to bring it up. Plus we will have more then enough time for that once we get married.
Katsuko: Of course you will.
Kimiko: Plus, he isnt very good at this kind of thing.

Nagamasa entered the room. He walked straight over to Kimiko and kissed her.

Nagamasa: I almost forgot about that.
Kimiko: You should get another one for the road.
Nagamasa: I think I shall.

They shared another kiss.

Go-Kamatsu: EEEEW!! You guys are wierd.
Katsuko: Aw. Young love. It is such a beautiful thing.
Nagamasa: I will see you all soon.

---------------------------------July 20, 1300---------------------------------
Odani Castke, Omi Province​

Nagamasa had rode there straight. No rest. For the first time in a over a week, he had laid eyes on his castle. The Guards at the front gate bowed as Lord Nagamasa passed by. As Nagamasa got closer, he looked up at the second floor. He caught a glimpse of his Mother looking into the distance. He called out to her.

Nagamasa: Okasan!

Nene looked around. She finally laid her eyes on Nagamasa. He could see the joy in her face. She screamed in happiness. She waved to him. Nagamasa looked around. He began to grasp what all had happened. It had been a long journey. But he believed that this chapter of this story was over. He looked back up to where his mother had been standing. She was screaming. He looked at her. But something was different. He couldnt figure out what. Her joy was gone. The look on her face was more of a worry. Nagamasa went to call out to her, but the words never came out. All of a sudden, his body got hot. He looked at his hand. It was covered in blood. Nagamasa eyes went blurry, and the last thing he remembered was falling from his horse.

第8章End​

Last edited:
第9章: The Aftermath

* Shinobi - Ninja
* Seppuku - A way to die with Honour and not be captured by the enemy. Stab it into your Stomach and ripping out your innards. Seppuku Translated means Disembowelment.

---------------------------------???, 1300---------------------------------
Odani Castle, Omi Province​

It was dark. Very dark. There was no noise. The sound of the wind chimed through the window. Nagamasa lay on a futon. He attempted to move his arm. He felt weak. His body was having trouble responding to his commands. He lifted his head. Looking out the window, he could tell it was night time. He rolled over to his stomach. Using what little strength he had, he pushed himself up. His legs were wobbly. It took an immense amount of strength just so he could stand. As he stood, his power began to return to him. His eyes were heavy. He began to walk to the door. He stumbled a few times due to lost balance. After a few tries, he was walking upright. He found his way to the door. He opened it and made his way down the hallway. His Thought were racing. He did not understand what had happened to him. Before he knew it, he found himself in the Sakura Garden. The moonlight shined and lit the Garden, as well as the Tears on his face. He did not know why he cried. The tears just fell. The night sky seemed to calmed his mind and the sight of his Garden put his restlessness at ease. He looked around the Garden. The Sakura Petals had all fallen from the trees.

Nagamasa: What is this. The Petals have fallen?

He sat down, and just looked of into the distance. He recollected all the past events. Then he looked around the Garden. It seemed it had been in Bad shape. It needed some work. He went and started raking up all the petals, re-adjusting the rocks.

Guard: Who goes there? The Sakura Gardens are Off limits!
Nagamasa: Said Who?
Guard: Hisamasa-sama said so.
Nagamasa: Well, you tell my father that he is doing a horrible job on this garden.
Guard: Father? Lord Nagamasa, Is that you?
Nagamasa: Of course it is.
Guard: I am so sorry. Forgive my rudeness. I could not see you in the Moonlight.
Nagamasa: It's fine. I mean it is the middle of the night. The rest of the house is sleeping?
Guard: Yes, My lord.
Nagamasa: Ok, well I will just tend to the Garden for a while. I do not feel the need to sleep. This is not how I left my Garden.
Guard: Well, My Lord, it has not been touched in almost three months.
Nagamasa: Three Months? I cleaned it a week ago.
Guard: My lord, you have been in deep sleep for the past three months.
Nagamasa: Excuse Me? Surely you cannot be serious? What day is it?
Guard: Today would be October 29, my lord.

Nagamasa dropped the rake and stomped toward the guard.

Nagamasa: You have got to be joking.
Guard: I do not jest my lord.
Nagamasa: THERES NO WAY ITS OCTOBER!! I just got here yesterday!
Guard: You do not remember? Any of it?
Nagamasa: Any of what?
Guard: The Attack.
Nagamasa: WHAT ATTACK?
Voice: Calm down Nagamasa.

Nagamasa turned to look. Both his mother and his father stood in the doorway.

Nagamasa: What game are you playing at?
Hisamasa: This is no game. You should know how horrible I am at games by now. You have been in a coma since the day of your return.
Nagamasa: How.
Nene: You were attacked... By a Shinobi.
Nagamasa: Why would I be attacked by a Shinobi?
Hisamasa: We dont know. We never got the chance to ask. The ninja commit Seppuku the second you hit the ground.
Nagamasa: Thats... I dont...
Nene: It was horrible. It happened so fast. He struck you in the back twice. The doctor said that there was some sort of poison on the blade. Thats why you went into a coma. I thought you would never wake up. I began to lose hope...
Nagamasa: It ust of been so hard on you two. Sorry for my selfishness. I am alright now, Okasan.
Nene: And seeing that brings nothing but Joy to my heart.

Nene walked over and embraced her son as tears began to fall down her face.

Nagamasa: So its October... Kimiko must be furious. I will need to go see her once my strength returns.

Both Hisamasa and Nene looked at each other.

Nene: There is no need to bring your strength up to go see her.
Hisamasa: I need to tell you something. Its kind of a long story.
Nagamasa: Is everything ok?
Nene: No. Its not.
Hisamasa: There was a uprising.
Nagamasa: Where?
Hisamasa: In Kyoto.
Nene: The Shogun marched to Kyoto and attacked the Capital, under a rouse that you had attempted to usurp the throne.
Hisamasa: It was a battle that lasted for nearly 4 days. It claimed many lives.
Nagamasa: What of the Yamato main Family? What happened to Go-chan, To Kimiko? To Katsuko?
Hisamasa: The whole family is safe. When the battle started, they fled the castle.
Nagamasa: To?
Nene: Here.
Nagamasa: They are here? Here right now?
Nene: Yes, they are sleeping on the third floor.
Nagamasa: So, What of the capital?
Hisamasa: Most of it was burned. Unfortunately, the Shogun died in the process of the attack.
Nagamasa: The Shogun is dead? I killed his heir, so who became the new shogun?
Hisamasa: No one yet. They are in the process of finding a family member to take the seat. There is a lot of in fighting going on.
Nagamasa: So what happened to the seat of the Emperor?
Katsuko: There is no Emperor.
Nene: Im so sorry Katsuko, did we wake you up?
Katsuko: No, Its time to get started on Breakfast. The sun has already risen.

They all looked around. While they talked, the night sky had left and the morning was in full bloom.

Nene: Well would you look at that.. We talked till the sun came out.
Nagamasa: Here wipe the tears off your face.
Nene: I dont wanna. I feel like crying right now.
Katsuko: I am also fighting back tears of Joy to see that you are up and well Nagamasa-sama.
Nagamasa: Sama? how could you call me that?
Katsuko: Have you not been listening? I am no longer the Empress. Go-chan is no longer the Emperor. we are nothing but lowly peasants with no where to go.
Nagamasa: Dont ever think so lowly of yourself again.
Katsuko: Just once, I wanted to let my family live a normal life. Now, we shall finally be able to do so.
Nagamasa: What do you plan to do? You can stay here. Your official members of the Azai Clan. We and my people welcome you with open arms.
Nene: I told you he would say that.
Katsuko: Im sorry, but I dont want to be a burden. Once we have the chance we will all be gone.
Nagamasa: You are going to live here. And I am not taking no for an answer.
Katsuko: You are such a good boy. My family will be pleased to hear that. If you will excuse me, I am about to show a moment of weakness.
Hisamasa: It is fine. Let it out.
Nene: Speaking of which, isnt it about that time?
Hisamasa: Already?
Nagamasa: About time for what? Breakfast?
Nene: I wonder what she is going to think when she sees that your not in your futon anymore.
Hisamasa: Well, were about to find out in three, two, one.

Nagamasa was tackled to the ground. He turns over to look, and sees Kimiko crying with her arms wrapped around him tightly.

Nagamasa: Loosen the grip. Im having trouble breathing.
Kimiko: No. Just bare with it for a few moments.
Nagamasa: Of course.
Kimiko: It feels so good to hear your voice.
Nagamasa: I think this might be a little past due, but I do believe I am about two months late for our wedding? Dont you Agree.
Kimiko: Of course you are. Nut It can take its time. Im just glad to see you awake.
Katsuko: If you Dont let go of him, he wont be awake much longer...
Kimiko: Oh, sorry. I forgot.
Nagamasa: Father. I think the people need something good to talk about. Send word to the people, tell them tomorrow will begin the preparations for a wedding.
Hisamasa: Of course.
Kimiko: Are you sure, you just got up and are still getting well.
Nagamasa: Trust me, There is nothing more I want in this world.

Preparations were made. The Clan of Azai had become a house of Peace. With this marriage, the Yamato clan had been destroyed, absorbed into the Azai, and erased from existence. The Capital was Ablaze. The Shogun was dead. What more was in store for the Azai Clan?

The future has yet to unfold, as this chapter of his life is now over. Now, let us move forward To Our Destiny.

第9章End​

第1章: Behind the Shinobi

*Kenjutsu - Swordsmanship
*Kendo - Way Of the Samurai

---------------------------------January 13, 1301---------------------------------
Odani Castle, Omi Province

War has engulf the Islands and Daimyo are fighting left and right for more power. Nagamasa has been able to keep the Clan at peace for the Time being, but he feels an uneasy rush at all times.

Act 2 begins with Nagamasa, Hisamasa, Go-Kamatsu, Tsukiko, Miyako and Kimiko sitting together in a room. Nagamasa and Kimiko are married now. Kimiko and her family have dropped the Yamato name and taken on the clan name Azai. Everyone is coming into their own habitat at Odani. Everyone seldom speaks of the events of the past year, as to not bring up painful memories.

Kimiko has been teaching her younger sisters Miyako and Tsukiko the way of arts and mannerism. Katsuko has been teaching them to play instruments and Nene has been teaching them how to cook. Nagamasa has been training Go-Kamatsu on the ways of Kenjutsu. Go-Kamatsu is a slow learner but he is getting the hang of his Sword.

Go-Kamatsu has just recently turned 10 and is looking forward to his future as a man of the Azai Army, much to the dismay of the others.

Nagamasa: No news of anything yet?
Hisamasa: No. The world around us is crumbling but we seem to stay at peace.
Nagamasa: We cant stay like this for long. Pretty soon, we will have to wage war.
Go-Kamatsu: And when the Time comes I will be ready.
Nagamasa: Ready? I dont think you can go to war with us.
Go-Kamatsu: But I have to be able to do something. I have been practicing my Kenjutsu.
Hisamasa: There is more to Kenjutsu then you think. One does not learn it in a few months time. Kendo Takes years of mastery.
Go-Kamatsu: I will do whatever it takes to join you in battle.
Nagamasa: As for now, there is no battle. There are no enemies.
Go-Kamatsu: But what about the Ashikaga Clan? They attacked you in cold blood.
Nagamasa: We dont know that.
Hisamasa: But all signs lead to it.
Nagamasa: But Im not going to march all the way to Yamato to kill off the Ashikaga. They are just a lawless province with no Daimyo.
Hisamasa: I guess your right. I just wanted some kind of, I dont know, punishment for their actions.
Nene: They are being punished more then enough.
Katsuko: Didnt I tell you to stop bringing Go-chan into these war meetings.
Nagamasa: It is not really a war meeting. Its just us talking about the current events.
Go-Kamatsu: Plus, he wont even let me fight with him.
Nagamasa: Not until your older.
Hisamasa: You have another 5 years until you see a battlefield.
Go-Kamatsu: And I will train everyday until then!! Come on Nagamasa, come Spar with me!
Nagamasa: You sure your ready? Last one to the Dojo does 20 push ups before the match.
Hisamasa: You better hurry, he already left.

Nagamasa took off after him.

Hisamasa: Hard to believe all the things that have happened over the last year.
Katsuko: Yes. But it is up to him to lead the clan.
Nene: Katsuko Azai. Has a nice Ring to it.
Katsuko: Oh, stop it you. Leave it to you to make a joke of the situation.
Nene: I never was good with serious talk.
Hisamasa: I am worried. We dont have a very strong army. And all the other forces around us are consolidating their forces.
Nene: Everything will work out, just as it has so far.
Hisamasa: No. If we werent allied to the Asakura Clan, we wouldnt be here now. Nagamasa was lucky that he wasnt killed in Kyoto and he was even Luckier that the Shinobi Killed himself before he checked Nagamasa's corpse. It was a miracle that the poison didnt kill him while he was in coma.
Kimiko: Yes. These things are true. And sooner or later his luck will run out. But right now all of us are alive. That is what we are to live for. Nagamasa has something he wishes to protect. As he has shown in the past year, he will risk everything to protect it.
Katsuko: Enough with all this saddening talk. When the time comes we will be ready. Nagamasa is always looking at the outside world waiting for someone to strike.
Nene: I'm parched. Who is up for a drink?
Kimiko: I will join you. I could use a good tea.
Katsuko: Wait for me.
Hisamasa: I will stay here and clean up a bit.

---------------------------------Dining Area---------------------------------​

Kimiko: Nene-sama. You always make the best tea. How did you become so good at cooking and in the ways of food?
Nene: My mother taught me.
Kimiko: She seems like a wonderful person. Tell me about her.
Nene: She was a woman that could do it all. She took care of all four of us after my father passed away in battle. I was the oldest of my siblings. I had two younger brothers and a younger sister. I needed to work for us to eat. I got a job as a maid in the capital. I was one of the cooks. We didnt make much. But I would steal some food to bring home to my family.
Katsuko: What a risk. You would have faced death if you were caught.
Nene: I didnt have a choice. We continued this way until...
Kimiko: until...
Nene: My Mother passed away. After her passing, we all went our separate ways.
Katsuko: How did you meet Hisamasa?
Nene: One day, when we were cooking, I was ordered to take the food to the Table. Whilst carrying the food, that is when me and him first met. He was brought to the Capital in a festival for The Emperors Birthday. All Neighboring Daimyo were there. He was the Heir at the time. A few days later I was told that I would no longer be working at The Capital. Hisamasa had begged his father to allow him to marry me.
Kimiko: That is so romantic.
Nene: His Father was against it at first. But he came around soon. A few years later, Nagamasa was born. That was 20 years ago.
Katsuko: You raised A fine young man.
Nene: Why thank you. Speaking of which how are you and Nagamasa doing? Anything new?
Kimiko: Were doing fine. Nothing new.
Nene: So you two haven't...
Kimiko: Haven't what?
Katsuko: You see when a man and a woman really love each other...

Kimiko spit out her tea and began to cough.

Nene: I will take that as a no.
Kimiko: Well of course we haven't!!
Katsuko: Why not?
Kimiko: We dont want to rush things...
Katsuko: Did you two come to this agreement or are you just saying this.
Kimiko: I....I....
Katsuko: Well what are you waiting for?
Kimiko: I dont know we just havent...
Nene: You heard that!!
Katsuko: I did.
Kimiko: What are you two talking about.
Nene: What you just said. You WANT to go that extra step.
Kimiko: I.... Of course I do. Im his wife...
Katsuko: Then Show him.
Kimiko: How. We dont even sleep in the same room... These things take time. We are all under a lot of stress.
Nene: Well, That can be a major stress reliever.
Kimiko: Oh goodness.
Hisamasa: Is there any Tea left.

All the girls looked at him.

Hisamasa: I will come back later...

---------------------------------March 13, 1301---------------------------------​

Hisamasa: You didnt... I dont believe you.
Nagamasa: I did. Took out nearly 40 guards.
Katsuko: It's true. He was a bloody mess.
Nene: Why the hell would you take them on without a weapon?
Nagamasa: I was trying to show them that I didnt want to kill them.

Go-Kamatsu runs into the room.

Go-Kamatsu: Look, Nagamasa!! Read this.
Nagamasa: What is it?

J8hYswG.jpg

Hisamasa: When did we get this?
Go-Kamatsu: Just now. The guards delivered it. Everyone in town is talking about it.
Nagamasa: The Shogunate has fallen. Japan has just become a lawless land.
Nene: What do you mean?
Nagamasa: The shogun was the keeper of the peace. Without a shogun, there will be no peace.
Kimiko: What do we do?
Nagamasa: We prepare. From this moment on, we are at war...
Katsuko: With?
Nagamasa: Everyone...

第1章End​

第2章: Forming an Alliance

---------------------------------April 28, 1301---------------------------------

Kimiko: You know. You cant just stare into the distance in a time like this.
Nagamasa: What are you talking about. I am thinking.
Kimiko: Thinking about what?
Nagamasa: Thinking about the Clan. I fear that I cannot protect it. Our army is completely mediocre. Our Army hasnt had a battle since the death of the Rokkaku Clan nearly 6 years ago. And we lost that battle...
Kimiko: But we have you. You will come through as you always have.
Nagamasa: But I.
Kimiko: Please. Dont throw away my faith in you so easily.
Nagamasa: I didnt mean it like that.
Kimiko: My life is in your hands, as is the life of every person in this city. We trust you with it all.
Nagamasa: That is alot of pressure.
Kimiko: Pressure that you will overcome. I know you will.
Nagamasa: Your words are my strength. You are my strength. I dont know what I would do without you.
Kimiko: I can make a few guesses.
Nagamasa: I actually dont want to know.
Kimiko: You are no fun..... These next few years are going to be hard arent they.
Nagamasa: Very.
Go-Kamatsu: Then why dont you get some help?
Nagamasa: How long have you been there?
Go-Kamatsu: The whole time.
Kimiko: Thats actually not a bad Idea. You should find some allies.
Hisamasa: There arent really a lot of clans that want to ally with such a weak nation.
Kimiko: There has to be someone.
Hisamasa: The closest nations we have are the 'Oda Clan of Owari Province' to the south, the 'Toyotomi Clan of Mino' to the East, and the 'Hatano Clan of Tanba to the West'. Those clans are all stronger then us. The 'Maeda Clan of Echizen to the North' is weaker then us, but I suppose some help is better then no help.
Nagamasa: Echizen... Echizen?
Go-Kamatsu: Something wrong?
Nagamasa: Echizen....Echi...Etchu? ETCHU!!
Hisamasa: Etchu? You mean the province on the other side of Echizen? What about it?
Nagamasa: Have you forgotten? Remember what happened on the day we went to go see Go-chan?
Hisamasa: You mean with the Drunken Ass of a Daimyo that fell out of the caravan?
Nagamasa: To hell with him. His son!!
Hisamasa: What about him?
Nagamasa: I think I could convince his son to make his father become our ally!
Kimiko: That is a start!

---------------------------------May 8, 1301---------------------------------
Toyama Castle, Etchu Province​

r223Rzf.jpg

Nagamasa: So this is Nagamoto's castle. Almost reminds me of home.
Hisamasa: Except we dont have a lake around us.
Nagamasa: No, we have a mountain.
Guard: You there. State your business.
Nagamasa: My name is Azai Nagamasa, Daimyo of Omi. I am here to speak to Your Daimyo.
Guard: You will have to wait. He is busy at the moment. Come back another day.
Nagamasa: I live a weeks walk away. I will see him today.
Guard: You watch your tongue, it will get you killed.
Voice: How about you watch yours.

They guard turned and looked. A young man no older then Nagamasa stood before him.

Guard: I am sorry Surimoto-sama.
Surimoto: I will forgive you this time. But you need to be a little nicer to our guest. Long time no see Nagamasa.
Nagamasa: Have we met?
Surimoto: I am Nagamoto's younger brother.
Nagamasa: Oh, I am sorry for my lack of memory.
Surimoto: What brings you all the way here?
Nagamasa: I am here to ask your Father to form an Alliance with us.
Surimoto: Then on his behalf, I must decline.
Nagamasa: De...cline? So fast?
Surimoto: Yes. Im sorry. You wont get his permission to form an Alliance.
Nagamasa: All this way for nothing.
Surimoto: I never said you came here for nothing. I just said that you cannot ask our Father for an Alliance. The dead do not Speak.
Nagamasa: My condolences. I did not know your father had passed.
Hisamasa: How did he pass?
Surimoto: Alcohol Poisoning.
Nagamoto: How did I see that coming? But then who is the Daimyo?
Surimoto: Come with me.

Nagamasa and Hisamasa followed him into the castle. They made their way upstairs. They walked through a door and in a large room sat three men.

Nagamoto: Nagamasa? I was not expecting you. What a great pleasure old friend!! Welcome to my castle.
Nagamasa: Your castle? Nagamoto, you became the Daimyo.
Nagamoto: Of course. Oh, I am sorry, let me introduce you. This man is Hojo Ujimasa, Heir to the Hojo Clan of Izu Province.
Ujimasu: Pleasure. You would have been able to meet my Father, but he is currently at war with the Tokugawa.
Nagamoto: What brings you all the way out here?
Nagamasa: I have come to ask you to form an Alliance with The Azai clan.
Nagamoto: We sure are popular arent we Surimoto?
Surimoto: That seems to be the case.
Ujimasu: So you are here for the same thing?
Nagamasa: Well, yes.
Ujimasu: And you live in Omi? Thats directly to the west of Mino? How would you like to ally with the Hojo as well?
Nagamasa: The Hojo! That would help me sleep easier at night!
Ujimasa: But thats only if The Jinbo agree to ally with us as well.
Nagamoto: I will ally with both clans. I see no reason why not. I will help you take down the Takeda, as long as you hold your promise to help when the Uesugi attack.
Ujimasa: You've got a deal. Then Nagamasa-dono, you can consider us an ally. If you go to war, then so do we.
Nagamasa: Thank You. I look forward to our promising future ahead of us.

OcNjpM4.jpg

第2章End

第3章: Becoming A Man

---------------------------------June 24, 1301---------------------------------

Nagamasa: That was a long return journey.
Hisamasa: What did you expect? Its Typhoon season.
Nagamasa: We ended up staying at Toyama for almost two weeks till it was safe for travel.
Hisamasa: The Family must be worried sick.
Nagamasa: We are alive, that's all they need.
Hisamasa: Not true. Women get really ..... 'Antsy', when the men are gone for too long.
Nagamasa: Even Mom?
Hisamasa: Even Nene.
Nagamasa: That is scary. Well what do you do about it?
Hisamasa: I take her up to the bedroom and give her some nice quiet time.... although, it isn't really quiet up there.
Nagamasa: huh?..... oh?.....
Hisamasa: And thats how you were born.
Nagamasa: Wait.... You mean I should...

A bell began to sound from the Castle.

Nagamasa: Well, I guess the Guards have noticed our return.
Hisamasa: Wont be long now.

Nene and Go-chan were the first to make it to see them.

Nene: Thank goodness. I was worried sick because of the Typhoon. You both are unharmed?
Hisamasa: Of course. Are you all right dear?
Nene: Well theres something I need to talk to you about privately, could you come with me?

Hisamasa turned and looked at Nagamasa. They gave each other a bro fist and Hisamasa walked away.

Nagamasa: Wheres Katsuko?
Go-Kamatsu: She took Miyako and Tsukiko into town for a while to get them out of the Castle.
Nagamasa: Wheres Kimiko?
Go-Kamatsu: Sleeping in your room. She doesnt do much when you leave, and she has been sulking for about a week now.

Nagamasa walked away. He made his way up to the next floor towards Kimiko. He opened the door, where she lay sleeping on the Futon. He began to take off all his extra clothing to get into something more comfortable.

Kimiko: Is that you Nagamasa?
Nagamasa: Who else would it be?
Kimiko: I don't know. That is why I checked first.
Nagamasa: Sorry for waking you.
Kimiko: No, I am glad you did. come over here.
Nagamasa: I must go bathe. I smell like the great outdoors.
Kimiko: I don't care. Come lay with me.

Nagamasa heart skipped a beat. He laid down next to her, She turned over and cuddled in his chest.

Kimiko: I missed this. You were gone for so long.
Nagamasa: The Typhoon kept me away. Im here now. Thats all that matters.

---------------------------------A Few Hours Later---------------------------------

Nagamasa walked out of his room. Right before reaching the stairwell, he met Hisamasa who was no leaving his room. They Stared at each other.

Hisamasa: Im headed to the bathhouse. Care to join me? (In Japan, It is not gay for men to bathe at the same time.)
Nagamasa: I was just about to head there myself. Mind if I join?

They made their way to the bathhouse. They situated themselves and sat in the nice hot water.

Hisamasa: Did you?
Nagamasa: I did. Did you?
Hisamasa: I did. How is she?
Nagamasa: She is sleeping. afterwards she just turned over and fell asleep.
Hisamasa: Good man. You did it right then.
Nagamasa: Thank Goodness. I thought I had messed up..... are you crying?
Hisamasa: My son has become a man. You make me proud.
Nagamasa: Stop, its embarrassing.

They both finished up and walked out of the bath sharing a laugh. They made it back to the main building where Katsuko was standing.

Katsuko: There you are. I heard you had returned and couldnt find you anywhere.
Nagamasa: Whats wrong?
Katsuko: This just came in for you.

1dBh2R0.jpg

Hisamasa: The Hojo work Fast.
Nagamasa: Thank goodness they are our allies. Otherwise we might be in trouble...

第3章End​

第4章: War

---------------------------------October 14, 1301---------------------------------

Nagamasa: With the Hojo taking Totomi, That would make them the Official leader of our Alliance.
Hisamasa: The problem is, that if we ended up at war with them, the combined forces of the Jinbo and the Azai woulndnt put a dent in their army.
Go-Kamatsu: Then find someone else that can make it an Even fight.

Nagamasa turned and looked at him.

Nagamasa: Thats actually not a bad Idea. If we add someone to the Alliance. We could form a Coalition just in case the Hojo turn face against us.
Hisamasa: Now the only question would be who...
Katsuko: How about the Maeda Clan to the north. They have no allies and are probably looking for one.
Nagamasa: How do you know.
Nene: They sent two Diplomats here while you were away. We turned them down saying that you were the only one who could give them an answer.
Nagamasa: I think they have an army of about 1000 men. It is not much, but it is a start.

---------------------------------October 29, 1301---------------------------------
Kanazawa Castle Outskirts, Echizen Province​

R0QRyao.jpg

Nagamasa: It should be close right... Do you hear that?
Hisamasa: It sounds like Soldiers.

Nagamasa and Company came to the peak of the hill to look over and see the Castle. But the castle was now under siege by an unknown army.

Nagamasa: This seems bad. I think we should leave.
Hisamasa: This battle looks like it just started. Maybe they are trying to starve them out? Well, either way, we need to leave soon.
Nagamasa: Why?
Hisamasa: Thats why.

Hisamasa pointed to a group of Cavalrymen charging towards them. Nagamasa held his hand up to symbolize they meant no harm, and the Cavalrymen began to slow down.

Soldier: State your name.
Nagamasa: I am Nagamasa of the Azai Clan.
Soldier: Daimyo of the Azai.
Nagamasa: So you know me?
Soldier: Of course. After we finished taking this place, you were next on the list.
Hisamasa: Now you watch your mouth.
Soldier: What business do you have here?
Nagamasa: I am here to retrieve my sister from this castle.

Hismasa looked at him.

Soldier: Sister? The two of you will come with us.

Nagamasa: Where are we going?
Soldier: To see the commander.

Nagamasa looked at his men and told them to sit tight. He looked at his Father.

Nagamasa: Stay here with the men. Any sign of trouble, head straight back to Omi.
Hisamasa: Understood.

After a short ride to the center of the Camp, he came upon a Tent.

Soldier: Wait here.

The soldier went inside. after a few seconds he came out.

Soldier: You have an hour inside. Any longer and you will ahve waged war against the Toyotomi.
Nagamasa: I see.

Nagamasa went to the front gate, carrying a white flag. There was a young man, no older then 14 or 15, standing at the door. He wore light clothing.

Man: Who are you and what do you want?
Nagamasa: My name is Nagamasa...

He was interrupted.

Man: Of the Azai? Are you really?
Nagamasa: Yes.
Man: Come with me.

The man led him down a hallway towards the Dining area.

Man: Father.
Man 2: What is it Toshihara.
Toshihara: The Daimyo of the Azai is here to see you.

The man turned and looked. He saw Nagamasa and ran to him. Nagamasa Bowed to him, but the man just hugged him instead.

Toshiie: My name is Toshiie, Daimyo of the Maeda. I pray that you are here with good news?
Nagamasa: I have come for the sole purpose to answer your request for an alliance.
Toshiie: and what is your answer?
Nagamasa: As of this moment forward, you may consider the Azai your ally. And from this moment on, We the Azai are at war with the Toyotomi.

Toshiie's eyes filled with tears as he fell to the floor.

Toshiie: The Gods have answered me. I had prayed and Prayed for this. My men grew weary at the sight of the Toyotomi. This will raise their spirits.
Nagamasa: I will be on my way. I must return home to prepare the men.
Toshiie: Before you go, may I ask you a favor.
Nagamasa: Of course.
Toshiie: This is my only son. He is more precious to me then anything. Can you please take him with you, Just in case you dont make it in time...
Nagamasa: I will. But I will make it back in time.
Toshihara: But Father...
Toshiie: Dont worry, You will be alright.

He kissed his son on the forehead and stepped back. Nagamasa turned to walk away.

Nagamasa: Hold your tears for now. Don't show the enemy your weakness.

Toshihara nodded. The gates opened, and in front of them stood thousands of Toyotomi Soldiers. They mounted his steed with Nagamasa in front and Toshihara behind him. They began to make their way towards the hill where Hisamasa was. He was intercepted by the Cavalry men.

Soldier: You said you were going to grab your sister.
Nagamasa: She refused to leave and made me take the son instead.
Soldier: That wasn't part of the arrangement.
Nagamasa: Well, these things happen. Now if you will excuse me.

The soldiers backed off to let them pass. Nagamasa had made it to where Hisamasa and company were. They immediately ran full speed back for Omi. Nagamasa turned and looked at Toshihara.

Hisamasa: So what is the Status?
Nagamasa: From this moment on, we are at war with the Toyotomi!!

LP3Lk2R.jpg

第4章End​

第5章: The Fires Of War

---------------------------------January 6, 1302---------------------------------

Nagamasa: Are the troops not ready yet?
Hisamasa: Im telling you we dont have enough troops to go to war with the Toyotomi. They have 2000, we barely have 1000.
Nagamasa: But what about the Maeda? How many do they have by now. Im more then sure that there are some deserters.
Hisamasa: We need more troops.
Nagamasa: We cant afford more troops!! We already sent word to the Jinbo, And they wont help us because they already joined the Hojo in war against the Tokugawa.
Hisamasa: Then there is no need for war.
Toshihara: But what about my Father? We need to help him.
Go-Kamatsu: Yea!! Im more then certain we will win this war.
Kimiko: Quiet you two.
Toshihara: but...
Nagamasa: We need to think of something. Maybe an attack from both sides. They wont see it coming.
Hisamasa: They might have scouts. Its impossible to move that many people without notice. They are more then likely watching the castle right now.

They all fell silent. Nene walked into the room.

Nene: There is a messenger here for you Nagamasa.
Nagamasa: From?
Nene: He wont say...
Nagamasa: Then send him away.
Messenger: That wouldnt be wise, my Lord.
Hisamasa: How dare you walk in here like this.
Messenger: Careful what you say, My lord, It might cause a war.
Nagamasa: Your from the Toyotomi arent you.
Messenger: You are correct. I am here to deliver a report.
Kimiko: Report?
Messenger: Silence woman. Men are speaking.

Nagamasa Stood up angrily.

Messenger: Careful, My lord, It might cause a war.
Nagamasa: That seems like a good Idea at the moment.
Messenger: You would surely lose.
Nagamasa: Say what it is that you must and leave. I have no time for your petty games.
Messenger: Ah yes, Of course. The Toyotomi army has won a major battle against the Maeda, Claiming the life of the another General. Now all that remains are Toshiie, Mashiro and 500 troops that have barricaded themselves in the castle.
Toshihara: No...
Messengers: Yes. After we finish with them, we will be turning our attention towards you, Azai clan.
Nagamasa: So this is a declaration of war then?
Messenger: Oh no. Of course not. Not yet, at least.
Hisamasa: You smug bastard. What makes you so high and mighty.
Messenger: I am an Emissary of the Toyotomi. One of the Strongest clans in Central Japan. You tell me.
Nagamasa: If thats all you have to say, you can make your Leave.
Hisamasa: I will show him the way out.

Hisamasa walked outside with the messenger.

Kimiko: This does not bode well. The Maeda are all but Finished.
Nagamasa: Not necessarily. He said that 500 troops were still alive. That gives us a total of 1500. If we can get another 500, we might have a fighting chance. We need to go look for...

Hisamasa came running back to the room.

Hisamasa: Everyone, Omi is ablaze!!
Nagamasa: What?

They all ran outside. At the bottom of the mountain, the City was engulfed in smoke.

Kimiko: Mother and the girls are in the city!!
Nagamasa: Hisamasa, gather the men and head down to help put out the flames!

Nagamasa began a full sprint towards the city. The people were in chaos. Screams echoed through the wind. The wind pushed the flames even higher. There was no way to stop this fire. An immediate evacuation was called. The fire raged for days, many lives were lost.

aSzfdK1.jpg

After the fire died down, the people returned to what should have been their homes. Many houses were lost, Many loved ones were lost. Including the Lives of Lady Katsuko and Two of her daughters. A mass funeral was held. Sadness filled the talk of the town..... Sadness, and Anger.

Somehow, word had spread around that the Toyotomi were the cause of the fire. Men who had lost loved ones wanted revenge. There was a increase in Military sign ups. Nagamasa had the army he needed. On the day of January 17, 1302, they marched for war.

NsCpeXM.jpg

第5章End​