• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stroph! Attention! Here are two slightly less shiny stars and the rank of Løytnant. You will be leading the 2nd platoon of Kp1 company and will report to Kaptein Kenneththegreat who is commander Kp1 company.

laminustacitus! Here are two decidedly unshiny stripes and the rank of Korporal, you will head up a section in Løytnant Strophs platoon. I would give you a higher rank for being early, but you assumed we were attacking Germany. Assumptions are dangerous and only the King is allowed to make them! (;))

Ranks still available, as is the chance to possibly die heroically for Norway!

oooo me me! even though im not from norway i could be like a... a...volunteer! yeah! and plus i cant die since im already lifeless ;) so im the perfect weapon! invincible!!!!

lifeless, over here! Norway is always looking for heroes to die for the King and the Fjords, if they aren't Norwegian that is a considerable bonus! Here is a single slightly shiny star and the rank of Fenrik (Which better be a 2nd lt type rank *hopes*). You will be second in command of 2nd platoon Kp1 company. Løytnant Stroph will be your commanding officer.

It's a mans life in the Norwegian army, sign up today and recieve the King's Krone* and a speaking role!

*The king will wants his Krone back after you've signed up, your life may be at risk if you join the army.

Daan, front and a little bit to the left! Bit more, yes there. Here are three whole stripes and the rank of Sersjant. You will be Kaptein kenneththegreats personal bodyguard and attached to the HQ platoon of Kp1 company.

Keep the Kaptein safe and make sure he doesn't do anything crazy like getting himself killed. Those shiny stars were expensive and we don't want to have to buy any more!

Right I have to go to Blackpool and will not return till late Tuesday, what this means is no update till Wednesday. I'd hoped to get the mission finished by then, but last night I had a great idea for follow up missions so I've expanded the plot.

But come Wednesday the HMKG will go into action. (And if some soldiers volunteer in between that'd be usefull, all I've got is officers and NCOs :eek:)

Being a ethnic swede I suppose I could volunteer as a member of the Swedish expeditionary platoon as long Sweden herself is no way threatened. :D

Frodon! The millitary apologises for the delays in your induction, those responsible have all been sent to Finmark as suitable punishment. Here is absolutely nothing and the rank of Menig. You will be joining 2nd platoon of Kp1 company so get going for the mission starts soon.

Yes its true, the mission update will follow shortly!

15th September 1939

King Haakon VII, General Ljungberg, Major-General Riiser-Larsen, Prime Minister Nygaardsvold and Foreign Minister Koht are in conference discussing Project Prometheus.

"What we need for this are paratroopers!" The King declared.

"Para-what-a-hopers?" Ljunberg asked

"Soldiers who jump out of aircraft, with parachutes on, and surprise the enemy, that's just what we need."

"But none of our planes can carry more than two people." Riiser-Larsen interjected.

"Who said anything about planes?" The King said enigmatically.

-----

Meanwhile Kaptein Kenneththegreat was reviewing his troops. It didn't take long. It was a shame he'd had to leave Menig HateThemCommies behind, he was short of men. But he couldn't trust an ethnic Swede with this mission.

-----

"It's madness! Such a scheme could never work!" Nygaardsvold wasn't impressed with the King's plan.

"It already has worked." The King replied

"How?!"

"Explain it to them Koht." The King said.

"Well we picked it up cheap in a sale, refitted it with helium for safety and job done really."

"Doesn't that mean less lifting power?" Riiser-Larsen asked

"Yes, but we just ditched the engine and that saved enough weight." Koht explained.

"But how does it move without engines?" The confused Riiser-Larsen questioned.

"That's the really cunning part." The King told him.

------

"Time to target Løytnant?" Kenneththegreat asked.

"Two minutes." Stroph replied back.

"Right. Platoon get ready, suit up and check your chutes."

------

"Even if that craft works, which I doubt, the entire project is lunacy! This country is neutral!" Nygaardsvold shouted

"Well so are they, so what's the problem?"

"Such an act could be considered an act of war your highness." Koht explained.

"Ahhh. But they're neutral so they can't join wars. And we're neutral, so we can't comit acts of war. That's the whole idea." The King pointed out.

"I'm not sure that's a particularly good legal defence your highness. In fact I'm not sure it makes any sense."

"It doesn't?"

Koht thought about it

"No." He finally replied.

"Ah well, worth a shot. Anyway it's too late to complain now. They left this morning and should be over the target by now." The King explained looking at his watch.

"WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!" Nygaardsvold's voice hit such levels that the guard dogs outside the room started to whine in pain.

------

"Jump, jump, jump!" The Kapteins voice rang out through the gondola as 2nd platoon, Kp1 company parachuted onto the unsuspecting target.

------

"Your majesty do you realise what you've done!" Nygaardsvold screamed.

"Yes. I've sent a platoon of the HMKG into Sweden inside a horse drawn zeppelin for a secret mission. We've been discussing it all afternoon, do try and keep up Nygaardsvold." The King sighed to himself.

hdz9fa.jpg
The Fearsome Norwegian Horse Drawn Zeppelin

Where are the paratroopers landing? Can the HMKG suceed in their mission? What is their mission? All this and more next time!

• 1Like
Reactions: